• Overall

About Microsoft Teams

Cloud-based application developed for business communications that helps manage chat, meet, file sharing, and more.

Learn more about Microsoft Teams

Filter reviews (7,626)

Product Rating

Product Rating

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Microsoft Teams before?

Filter reviews (7,626)

Troy B.
Troy B.
Professor in US
E-Learning, 501-1,000 Employees

Microsoft Teams is a game changer in a pandemic riddled world

5 6 days ago New

Comments: Live Chat in Microsoft Teams is the very reason we chose this over other software. Zoom does not come close to offering the features in Microsoft Teams. I will continue to choose this software over others as it offers everything I am looking for as an online college professor.

Pros:

Just as things became difficult with COVID-19, Microsoft Teams came along offering a myriad of features allowing so many to continue working and going to school from home.

Cons:

I believe the only downfall is that integrations and file sharing could be more, just more.

Megan C.
Megan C.
Director of Guest Services in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees

Just what we need to stay connected

4 2 months ago New

Pros:

I know there are other chat features out there, but my office has Microsoft 365, so when we all moved to working remotely, this kept us connected. Now we still all work in different locations depending on the day, so it's really great to continue to keep us connected. We literally chat all day as a team, and helps us all know what is going on moment to moment. We also really enjoy the gifs and emojis in there and oftentimes add fun to our day by having a gif competition. It's just silly fun, but we miss being together in the office, so we're grateful for the fun added through Microsoft Teams. The phone app works well (on Android at least), and it's really easy to tag people in a chat so you can make sure they see it, you can make a message "important" so it brings it specifically to everyone's attention, and you can also react to a comment instead of having to reply to it all the time. It really does work well as a chat function for a remote team.

Cons:

I'm sure it's gotten better now, but the video chat features was never really as good as it could have been. At the height of the pandemic, we tried using Teams for our video chat and it didn't have good quality, only allowed a certain amount of screens to be shown at a time, and just wasn't as good as Zoom, so we switched. It does have screenshare, so that's good now, but it doesn't seem to have all the video call qualities Zoom offers.

Carlos D.
VP of IT Engineering in Guatemala
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Microsoft Teams Collaboration Platform

4 5 days ago New

Comments: Microsoft Teams is a very powerful tool that gives you a high level of integrity with office tools and becomes a strong collaboration tool when combined with the different apps that permit more interaction between teams of work.

Pros:

Integration is one of the most remarcable featureas as it has a great interface with Office365, AD and other Microsoft Apps and Products.

Cons:

External collaborators are not familiar with it and commonly have problems by installing or using it if it is not their corporate platform.

Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.
Head Coach in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Probably switching to Slack and Zoom

3 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Microsoft Teams does a good job. I don't want it to sound all negative, when it is a good videoconferencing solution. But, the User interface can feel a bit overwhelming, and the fact that Zoom is much more widely adopted, ultimately means that I'm likely going to switch back to Zoom, as I feel that they have done a good job of fixing the security holes that led us to switch over to Teams in the first place.

Pros:

It's handy to have a software that is connected to my email provider, and it's relatively simple to use. We originally made this switch due to privacy concerns with Zoom, and it does carry out most of the functionality we need at least internally. I do like that the default video quality is 1080p, and the number one reason for switching over from Zoom was security concerns, which Microsoft definitely does a fantastic job of. Microsoft Teams is more secure than Zoom.

Cons:

It's not as widely adopted as Zoom, and so I find myself ending up using both softwares, one for internal organization and one for the public, and that ends up being inefficient and inconvenient. I also find that Zoom is a simpler interface to use. Microsoft teams has so many different features and options that it can almost feel overwhelming. A lot of functionality seems like it ends up being an overpowered software for what we need.

Engineer in Netherlands
Aviation & Aerospace, 5,001-10,000 Employees

A decent alternative for work messages, but not the best option

4 5 days ago New

Comments: My experience with Microsoft Teams has been mixed. On one hand, it is a very useful call software and its notification system works really well. On the other hand, I find the interface not pleasant and not intuitive, and to my opinion it still misses some separation features like between group chats and personal chats. The possibility to see user status is nice, as well as the out of office information. The channels of a given team are easy to use and to navigate through and the comments system works well. However, I have used teams on both Windows and Ubuntu Linux and while it works well on Windows it still has a lot of bugs on Ubuntu Linux, which are unresolved and make competitors such as Slack gain quite a lot in this aspect.

Pros:

The strongest point of Microsoft Teams is the call quality and the integration with outlook. Teams makes it possible to share calendars and check the availability of meeting participants, so that the scheduling can be done accordingly. The calls are always smooth and audible, and the interface of calls is very nice. One strong point is the ability to have both chat and call in the same software. The "Teams" feature is also well developed with the many channels helping workflow.

Cons:

The interface is not pleasant. Adding documents and files to a chat makes it hard to find them again and the way the pinned tabs work is not really intuitive. Additionally, group chats and personal chats all appear in the same place under "chat" but it could be nice to have a separation between them, such that it is easier to understand who the messages are being send to. Slack does something similar by not only separating them but also putting a hashtag in front of channels, which makes it much easier to distinguish. The integration of apps such as OneNote is not optimal and keeping documentation is not intuitive and caused us to switch to a different documentation software.

Training Delivery Professional in UK
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

Working from home just got a whole lot easier throughout 2021

5 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Microsoft Teams, Wow Wow Wow! Well long gone are the days of spending 20 to 30 mins trying to get all my learners to battle through Cisco WebEx's complex dial in process....OMG the nightmares so many of us had with that is just beyond belief.
Teams has been a lifesaver, timesaver, stress reducer in a time of high anxiety. It's been a brilliant investment by our workplace. We have our working meetings so easy to set up and in contrast to other softwares, there is no time limit. We can pass files back and forth, open files simultaneously to work collaboratively. It's saving huge amounts of time, improved efficiency and hence increased productivity. It has been a brilliant promoter of paper free working, less emails, and more in the moment work.

Pros:

The video conferencing, screen sharing and being able to invite a limitless number of colleagues to the meeting with such ease has to be one of it's top strengths. Live transcription on the go during meetings Ability to see our colleagues in the display individually or a together mode on the seats; it's an extraordinary touch. Absolutely love how you're able to change backgrounds throughout the meeting during conferencing Very easy to set up and in contrast to other softwares, there is no time limit. The ability to pass files & documents back and forth and to open files simultaneously to work collaboratively. It's saving us huge amounts of time, improved efficiency and hence increased productivity. Breakout rooms are a breeze to set up and makes life so much easier.

Cons:

Low bandwidth can be an issue, would have to switch the cameras off to compensate. Have to mute chats to stop notifications constantly popping up in the bottom right hand corner - can be very distracting during sessions. The whiteboards need better integration, e.g. being able to prepare prior to session, save after completion of sessions etc.

Dispatch Manager in Kenya
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees

A Fantastic Way To Work Remotely!

5 last month New

Comments: Teams came in handy for my organizations during the COVID period as we were not allowed to work from the office in large numbers. We took all our meetings virtually using teams.
I did recruitments and trainings through teams.
Team work has since improved because we can screen share files and work on the same project easily.

Pros:

I use Teams for my everyday office work; from meetings to training of new employees, webinars, File sharing and staying in constant communication with my co-workers or clients. I have daily presentations with my clients and Teams has made it easy for me because of all the features they offer.

Cons:

Teams tends to consume a lot of data bundles compared to other platforms forcing one to spend more on internet.

Diego sebastian J.
Diego sebastian J.
Application and delivery manager in Argentina
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Microsoft teams is a very good platform when the ecosystem of the company is Microsoft products

4 6 days ago New

Pros:

The integration with Sharepoint and Outlook really makes it super scalable and easy to use. The possibility of sharing and making calls within the participants of the company, make this tool very comfortable in its daily use

Cons:

By having several teams in use, the search engine and the way in which it stores the information is complicated. A low point is when the participants are not part of the company, so they cannot easily access the information unless particular authorizations are given.

Jchon P.
Jchon P.
Director of IT in US
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees

Great and getting better.

5 6 days ago New

Comments: It really came into play with Covid and the switch to remote working was quick and easy.

Pros:

Users are already familiar with the Microsoft environment, so jumping into Teams was quick and easy.

Cons:

The file sharing is unclear and messy. Everyone is used to the ease of Google drive.

Juan angel A.
Juan angel A.
IT Supervisor in Honduras
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1,000 Employees

Best tool for Corporate Messaging and Video

5 2 months ago

Pros:

Love that it can integrate with all Microsoft Softwares.

Cons:

It's a Memory hungry Application it will get RAM as Google Chrome.

Petar M.
Petar M.
General Manager in Bulgaria

Good enough, but not Great

4 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Good enough, but not great, especially if you have used other communicators.
UX is light years behind the competition.
The only 2 reasons to use MS Teams are pricing (included in MS Office), and the integration with other MS Office products.

Pros:

Very good integration with Outlook and MS Calendar. Good switching between desktop and mobile during a meeting. Useful notifications / reminders when a meeting starts.

Cons:

Alwful UI and UX, unintuitive UI, non-productiv shortcuts, not very configurable, not good default settings. Linux app is not on par. Search functionality is not very good. Has bugs - sometimes loses message history, not synchronizing b/n desktop and mobile apps, not showing the correct status, not sending notifications on time, etc. Missing some important functionality - like push to talk during a meeting, or good annotations. Some functionalities are not developed properly - for example integration with MS Forms is pretty bad. Comes short when compared to the competition like Slack.

Robert B.
CUSTOMS CLEARANCE REPRESENTATIVE in Philippines
Logistics & Supply Chain, Self Employed

Microsoft Teams has become fundamental for me

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Microsoft Teams is best in the present circumstance of pandemics. Every one of the organizations needs to embrace innovation to work from remote and safe the world. Resolving the issue our organization likewise move towards the utilization of the remote work help application Microsoft groups that were planned by Microsoft. It [helps] us to deal with all remote work productively and furthermore permit us to make normal meeting through the application.

Pros:

Magnificent Video Conference Functionality and Direct visit accessible between Team individuals.

Cons:

Execution issue and time slacking while at the same time utilizing Teams.

Zakaria E.
Owner in Germany
Accounting, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Microsoft Teams Improves Communication and Helps Build Teams that Enhance Productivity

4 4 weeks ago New

Comments: I accept we've been utilizing the most recent forms of the arrangement. We use whichever adaptation is pushed out with Office 365. I would suggest the item. It works with everything. I have an iPad Pro, I have an iPhone, I have my PC. It's introduced on each of the three gadgets. It works perfectly. I'd rate the arrangement eight out of ten, basically on the grounds that there are a couple of things the arrangement actually needs to enhance.

Pros:

Permits you to set up groups for explicit tasks just as a group for the whole office to keep everybody in touch. A disregarded capacity is the capacity to look through anything inside Microsoft Teams. Any photograph, report, or talk can be looked and found pretty without any problem. I can't perceive you how frequently this has saved me from reworking something or begin once again.

Cons:

Video quality was shaky on occasion yet may have been an impression of association speeds more than of the abilities of Teams. Need a more instinctive method for organizing the Calendar work in Teams with outer schedules so you don't need to facilitate between a few distinct schedules.

Gábor T.
IT/EDI Consultant in Hungary

Experience with MS Teams

5 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Me and my company using MS Teams for more than 2 years now and it had positive changes, making the product better over time. We had Skype for Business on first, then a migration to O365 made the usage of this product possible. It is also widely used among our customer, makes easier to have a communication with them, we can also form "Teams" from different companies, domain, makes the collaboration more smooth. Its embedded Outlook meeting creator is good feature, also it can be implemented, integrated with other software as well, so it has 3rd party applications to be used. It price I would say really worth the price if you can use its features properly, it work online, work on your mobile devices, just give it a stable network. In the company we used this nearly all of the time. It has a few thing to get improved, like the sound quality, getting to drop a little bit of IT power requirement, getting a better camera quality, being more fast when controlling a participant screen, being able to easily switch between different account/email addresses. I highly recommend everyone MS Teams as I have a better, smoother experience with it, then I had with other programs.

Pros:

Starts with Windows, runs on a lot devices, screen sharing with a sound, various chatting features, ability to share links, files, take over the participants screens, record a meeting. Chat history is also a very useful feature. Easier to be set then Webex., outsiders can be called to the meetings quickly.

Cons:

Sometimes loads for a time, the sw. takes a lot of space, so consume a big memory portion, searching for a text in the chat history may take time. When you move from one network to another, mostly jumping between VPN, it tends to lose the connection even when you got back to your "home" network and shows you offline, does not send/receive messages.

Daniel L.
Assistant Office Manager in US
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees

Effective for Office Communication and Team Collaboration

4 last month New

Comments: It has enabled us to communicate more effectively within the office. We are able to notify individuals and teams entirely which allows for effective flow throughout the day.

Pros:

The software is easy to navigate after a few days of using it. I like how you can structure into teams and the permissions are very easy to toggle. The interface is pretty user friendly. The apps "shifts" allows for a simple scheduling software for the teams.

Cons:

The navigation of teams gets some taking used to especially after a transition from Slack. I am not fond of having to start a new thread with every message. I was more of a fan of slacks interface in how you could just start typing a message after being in a channel. I feel like sometimes notifications easily slip through the cracks in teams.

Eva J.
E-Commerce Coordinator in US
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Great Video Conferencing Tool

5 last month New

Comments: This is an essential remote working tool that we cannot do without. My team and I communicate with each other constantly throughout our working days, solving problems and sharing ideas instantly.

Pros:

- Combine video & audio conferencing into one powerful digital workspace - Wide breath of features for both high quality and reliable conferencing and collaboration under one roof - Support large number of users distributed across multiple channels and locations - Synchs well with all Microsoft products saving time switching between tools - Outlook calendar integration allows overview of scheduled meetings and joining meetings in one click - Solid security offered by Microsoft provides peace of mind - Accessible from the web making it easy for external users without having to download app or register for an account

Cons:

- Large number of available features can be daunting for new and technically less savvy users - Multilayer navigation can be confusing initially and require proper training to maximize usage of the tool - Great for formal organizations but can be inhibiting for smaller and informal settings such as schools

Ariana R.
Communications Manager in US
Telecommunications, 10,000+ Employees

MS Teams: the good and the bad

4 last month New

Comments: Honestly, not amazing. The user interface has a nice look, but it falls short of what I’d expect from such a premium product. The emojis are terrible, it has functionality issues, it needs a chat notification and meeting alert redesign, and it’s just not as streamlined as it should be.

Pros:

I like the integration with other MS apps. There’s also good ease of use when quickly setting up a meeting, or screen sharing within MS Teams.

Cons:

The emoji design is horrible and ugly. I know that’s not a big deal, but trust me, it is. These are the worst emojis I’ve ever seen. I literally have GOOD, non-MS Teams emojis sitting on a page on OneNote that I copy and paste when I want to use emojis, because the ones in MS Teams are literally hideous. Also, there are considerable problems with audio delay in some meetings. I think MS Teams has some issues in prioritizing different data packets. This does not happen in Webex. This is an issue I’m currently working with a team to look into, because it has occurred with quite a lot of people in my organization. Also, if it’s a meeting with a substantial amount of people in it, even if everyone’s cameras are off, the screen sharing function will often just freeze and stop working. Another issue is the chat functionality. Good lord, the organization of different chats is terrible. Instead of having all your Teams chats and your individual chats in one place, with the newest one showing at the top and with clear “unread” notifications, you have to click into the “Teams” section to even SEE if you have unread content in there. Absolutely terrible sorting of these. Webex puts them all in one column, making it more clear and apparent when a new message exists. This is probably something you have to see to understand, but it’s not a good choice on MS Teams’ part. Lastly, there are no alerts for when your meeting is starting. I have been late to a couple because of this.

HSE Manager in US
Biotechnology, 10,000+ Employees

All-in-One Program

5 last month New

Comments: Overall, a all-in-one program that allows for collaboration. This has helped to keep groups of people connected and organized while still being very user-friendly. This app is open on my computer from when I turn it on first thing, and the last one I close before shutting down. The mobile app keeps me connected when I need to be away from my computer, which has helped productivity significantly.

Pros:

This software has everything needed to effectively work in one program. The application allows for excellent communication and collaboration for different groups and projects. Teams can collaborate through posts, files, making different channels, or even an instant meeting. Being able to store a file within the Team and have multiple people accessing and editing while seeing what others are working on helps to ensure that version control is achieved. The search function works very well and can bring up people or documents based on keywords. The chat function allows for easy communication throughout the day with multiple people (or groups of people) and has the fun ability of being able to include GIFs for those times when words are not enough. The ability to add other apps into Teams and have them all available at your fingertips adds time savings. The mobile app has all of the functionality of the desktop version, and the switching of any meetings, calls, or chats between the two is seamless. This is a huge advantage when you are unable to be on your computer, but still need to be connected to files, chats, or calls. Overall, a great tool for collaboration of teams, especially with the future of remote/hybrid workplaces.

Cons:

Chat function: While you can pop out individual chats, you cannot group the windows together outside of the main program. If the entire "chat" feature could be popped out of the main window, this would be a significant improvement. A tie-in to Zoom to show when one is on a Zoom call that isn't scheduled would also be an improvement. Mobile App: The mobile app is overall great, but oftentimes the "status" gets stuck on the mobile app. Sometimes the only way to resolve is uninstall and reinstall to force the status to change. There is no way to get rid of old notifications if the company has a retention policy in place and you miss the message before it expires. Teams: You can sort teams by "Active" and "Hidden" but being able to group them would make the app much more efficient.

Shawn B.
Financial Systems Data Analyst in US
Legal Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Teams is Essential if using Microsoft Stack

5 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience is great. Microsoft Teams consolidates multiple related communication functions into one application. File sharing, team organization, instant messaging, voice calls, video calls, informal polls, screen sharing... The problem we're solving is around communication, especially in a remote world. I find that Teams is a great way to do that, especially if you already have Microsoft Office or other Microsoft Products like SharePoint. It's great that we only have 1 app to go to for a lot of different things, and Teams has helped us stay connected somewhat in a remote work world.

Pros:

Teams consolidated a few of my different communication platforms, and for that I am grateful. It's a good instant messaging and video call application. One benefit that I like is that it allows for quick transition from Chat to Call with Screen share, and remote control. I actually use this to support people on some sites and reports that I support. Instead of having to call them on the phone, then use other applications to connect for a screen share, and further type in information to request control, I can just use Teams. Quick IT support was a big unexpected benefit. We've also used some of the functionality to host virtual social activities. Teams is very easy to use and navigate. While I was not in the IT team that set up this application, so can't speak to the setup difficulty, I find it integrates well with other Microsoft products, such as SharePoint (file sharing) and Outlook (availability status).

Cons:

One thing I never liked too much with Teams over something like Skype had was the size of the chat window. I find it a bit big, and difficult to make small and hide off to the side. It essentially takes up a small side monitor along with Outlook emails. My other complaint is that sometimes there are echoes in the voice calls, more likely with multiple people. This often happens if someone has a weird microphone setup or joined with multiple devices. You can fix it by muting when not talking. Additionally, the file search is not great. You're much better off going to the SharePoint site (where the files are actually stored, and I assume it's that way for other companies as well) and searching from the SharePoint site. I can't search well through whole channels to find a document when there are subfolders. Aside from that, I think it covers a lot of features, and is easy to use.

Robert S.
Development Manager, R&D in US
Machinery, 10,000+ Employees

Getting closer to everything one could want...

4 2 months ago New

Comments: On the whole, Teams is critical to the success of my everyday work and performs it's function well.

Pros:

Teams continues to get better over time to the point that each of it's applications, say meetings for instance, is nearly on par with it's competitor's offerings; however, the advantage that Teams has is that it is an all-in-one application. As both an engineer and project manager, this multifaceted application, with a centralized file keeping system, is crucial in keeping track of everything.

Cons:

There are a few features that would improve the experience: 1.) For meetings, it would be nice to be able to draw on the screen of other colleagues. The whiteboard function offered by Teams is good, but it's not quite as good as being able to draw directly on another's screen as can be done with Zoom. For engineer's, that would be a big bonus. 2.) There should be the option to add words to the dictionary, as with other MS applications. This is particularly a bit annoying for meeting notes. 3.) The search function needs a bit of work. There's not an easy way to search the words in the given application (e.g. searching for text in the meeting notes is not easy). Also, the file search isn't always that great returning confusing results sometimes. Perhaps with more customization options for the user's search (i.e. like do you want to search for files, photos, text, documents, etc.) this would be more targeted and helpful.

Manager, Employee Assistance and Counselling in Jamaica
Government Administration, 501-1,000 Employees

Great for workplaces, may need training at first it not tech-savvy

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, this is a convenient app for working with actual teams/groups such as in a business or workplace. I wouldn't recommend for external persons.
There are so many features that can be helpful and useful; however, it takes some time to figure out how to use them.

Pros:

Great for workplaces as it helps to collaborate and communication easily with your groups/teams. You can create various groups, use the chat feature, share information, documents, and use apps. You can also pin frequently used apps at the top of the group for easy access. Video conferencing is great for virtual meetings. You can create video calls with the usual features and more. You are able to create the call, invite persons to join, use voice and video, share screen, upload documents, use chat features, record and save the video etc. I like that you are able to upload a PowerPoint which gives you more functionality than other meeting/conferencing programs. You can also call persons individually (VoIP) using WiFi or data. Teams integrates with other Microsoft products where you can use apps through the Teams program. In an increasingly virtual space, it is also helpful when working from home/remotely. There is also a mobile app which makes taking calls or joining meetings easy from whenever you are.

Cons:

Not as suited for use with external persons outside of your team. It is not as user friendly as you would expect and takes some time getting used to it. Persons may need some MS Teams specific training in order to navigate the software, especially for persons we are not tech savvy. It is difficult to understand how to use some of the features and integrations. For example, you are able to add various apps to groups but it takes some tinkering aroung to figure out how to use them in the group. Also, at times, it is a bit confusing when trying to manage files.

Keith M.
Program Director in US
Mental Health Care, 11-50 Employees

Combining Instant Access without Sacrificing Security

4 2 months ago New

Comments: Teams lets us accomplish the tasks we were already engaged in, but it does so in a way that is superior to all of our previous methods. The frustrations and shortcomings that we experienced in the past have been eliminated by Teams. Accurate, immediate, and secure communication with our entire workforce is streamlined, and we no longer suffer from decreased productivity due to messages being sent to the wrong employee, overlooked, or received too late. Teams gives us instant access to every employee and ensures that we are operating as efficiently as possible.

Pros:

Teams is our primary method of communication for all of our staff. It lets us disseminate information immediately to the necessary employees and allows our staff to be kept informed without having to constantly check in at our main office. Prior to implementing Teams, we had a patchwork of methods to communicate with our staff, all of which had significant shortcomings. Text messages were instant, but we were limited in the amount of information that we could share. Furthermore, mistakes in selecting recipients frequently resulted in staff members either receiving information they should not have been privy to or failing to receive vital information. Emails did not provide the level of encryption needed to send some of the information we share, and responses to them were difficult to follow. Phone calls and in person notifications were reliable but time consuming, and caused us to sacrifice the ability to transmit information immediately. Teams combines the benefits of immediate transmission, secure transfer, access regardless of location, and ease of use. We can verify that the correct employees were notified so that we do not suffer from overlooked or unsent messages. While the software does not seem revolutionary and does not introduce a brand new service, it solves the communication problems that all of our previous methods suffered from.

Cons:

The benefits of Teams are appreciated much more by our executive staff than by our employees. They do not necessarily see the benefit of using a separate program to achieve the same goal that a simple text would, and therefore do not always utilize it.

Kate T.
COO in US
Defense & Space, 2-10 Employees

Microsoft Teams - - A 2021 Must Have!

5 2 months ago New

Comments: I appreciate real-time communication, and with half the team in London and half in Washington, it puts us virtually together under one roof. We can alter, modify, examine and research all on one screen. We were huge fans before the C19 hit, its just proved how pivotal a robust working environment truly is.

Pros:

I am so dependent on this tool, its the golden thread that keeps my team, my customers, and my supply chain linked together. The quality of of sound and visuals has so far surpassed our previous provider where either the picture was blurry or you would have to use your telephone to supplement the sound when the voip just didn't quite deliver, or no sound was transmitted at all. I have yet to discover all the party tricks that Teams can do. I know it makes me feel that we are all working in unison even when there is a five hour disparity among team mates. It also allows me to invite guest users on to my system easily. I have the full Microsoft 365 suite and intend to bump up my subscription to a higher level for added security measures next summer.

Cons:

Everyone is still using disparate systems. We left G-Mail to engage with Microsoft 365 specifically to have access to Teams as so many of our partners had it. I did forget to log out of a meeting and the system was inadvertently left open for 24 hours- camera live!!!!! When one of my teammates rejoined the daily scrum meeting the following morning, 25 minutes before the meeting was to commence, I was sitting in front of my computer in rollers and no makeup...we all had a good laugh but it would be nice if the system timed out after a period of inactivity.

CEO in UK
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees

Microsoft Teams - An amazing unified solution for all your office networking platform

5 2 months ago New

Comments: There's no gainsaying the inescapable fact that microsoft Teams is an amazing office networking platform with features that enable me to effectively manage my projects data, status calls, project teams, status trackers, etc. The feature of Teams to effectively synconize with One Drive has helped my business team enormously to upload and securely save our important documents to cloud which we can easily retrieve real-time completely intact.

Pros:

One feature of this software that stands out prominently is that it is an effective consolidated solution for all different network needs. The awesome diversity of Teams can readily be appreciated in its live video chat, audio chat, file sharing among collaborating team members, creating reminders, uploading files to share points, etc. The icing on the cake about all these features is that they are all seamless to use.

Cons:

Notwithstanding the great features which Teams has, its GUI is a little bit confusing with bottons of all the features seeminly crowed together. Another feature of Teams that pose some concerns to me is that navigating some of the features could pose a challenge for some new users, especially whilst conductng interviews for potential employees, etc. And sometimes there could be a lot of noisy background if the alert is on.

Salvatore P.
Academic Advisor in US
Education Management, 10,000+ Employees

Our Go-To Tool for Team Collaboration

5 2 months ago

Comments: My experience with teams have been overwhelmingly positive to the point that it is my go-to program for communication with my colleagues. The file sharing features are robust, and the ability to create numerous teams in addition to group chats allows me to keep everything that I need organized. Ultimately, Teams has improved my productivity.

Pros:

I like that we have been able to integrate Teams into our Single Sign-On system. This means we can contact any member of the organization through their organization e-mail. We are able to chat privately, as a group, and can also create individual Teams for our organization as well as specific committees and sub-committees. Adding a file to a team is as simple as drag and drop and is easy to find under the "files" tab. Video calls work well, though it does require the user to be logged in. Screen sharing also works well, and the video conferencing features rival those of Zoom. I can access Teams either through a computer app, a phone app, or on the web. Being able to access my team anywhere is vital in 2021.

Cons:

When I first logged in to Teams, I entered my e-mail incorrect and have not been able to "log out" as I am notified there is an issue. On other systems, I do not have this issue, so I am figuring that it is something specific to this particular machine. I have been working with my IT office to resolve this. Microsoft provides excellent support, so this is a very minor issue in the larger picture. There are moments where Teams can be somewhat laggy, as the program is slightly more CPU-intensive than something like zoom, but this is understandable given the breadth of features.