DiscoverLink Talent LMS Reviews

by DiscoverLink

• Overall

About DiscoverLink Talent LMS

LMS optimized for hospitality businesses, combining an award-winning LMS with a library of industry-leading e-learning courses.

Learn more about DiscoverLink Talent LMS

Lea W.
Field Trainer
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"It's Great!"

Pros: I love the customization options. You can make the learning courses match your culture.

Cons: Sometimes there are glitches. This is most times due to a not strong enough internet connection.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Tara O.
VP People, Culture, and Experience
Hospitality, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Ciccio Restaurant Group/ Fresh Kitchen"

Comments: Love Representatives! All super awesome and helpful!

Pros: Love the customer service and the team at DiscoverLink. Always super supportive, and always there to help answer questions. From the initial sales process, to implementation, to ongoing support...I have been a fan! I also like that there is off the shelf content.

Cons: While the information, and content is important and the message is there...I think that some of videos are not as updated or modern as I would like them to be! Some of it presents as a little outdated and "cheesy." Also, we have had multiple issues with certain courses freezing and/ or not loading, which creates obstacles for our teams in the field. Additionally, some of the courses are very glitchy and creates user frustration/ having to go back and repeat things. The less obstacles, the more buy in from the team. Also, we have had issues with the password formulas where it will only generate a 3 character password, and then it creates issues with certain functionalities as it will then state "must have a 4 character password." It would also be nice if our managers could run a user/ ***password*** report.

• Reviewed on 23/10/2019
Chad C.
Director of Learning
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2017

"A great product and an experienced and friendly support staff"

Comments: It gives us visibility into the status of the training of every person in our organization. It gives our operators the ability to direct training from anywhere.
We have complex partial rollout schedules for new products and procedures that are hard to accomplish.

Pros: This platform is perfectly sized for our organization. It lacks the bloat of many LMSs while also providing all needed features. From the learner standpoint, it's dead simple to get into their learning and know exactly what they need to work on.

Melanie J.
Senior Manager of Training and Program Development
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2017

"I have been impressed from the start with my experience using Discoverlink."

Comments: I have achieved more consistency in training and better trackability of training completion. This allows me to report on training and see trends across the Company that correlate training to performance.
Because the LMS is fairly new, I sometimes come across functionality that is "in development". The Discoverlink Team is very open about what can and can't be done. though, and are actively working to improve the product with client suggestions. I don't know as though these comments would be any different with other companies as the industry is constantly changing, however.

Pros: The software is easy to use. There are available user guides, but I often don't need them as it is intuitive. I absolutely love that I can easily customize many aspects of the LMS without a complicated "scope of work" and that the Discoverlink Team is open to new ideas and suggestions. From a user perspective, the LMS is graphic in nature and easy to navigate.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2017
Felicia W.
Director, National Field Training
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"I am excited to get this into all of our restaurants!"

Pros: I like the flexibility and ease of use. The system is also mobile friendly which is a plus in the busy restaurant environment.

Cons: Some of the administrative tasks to manage. We have a limited in house staff to support the system so time is limited to support the system internally.

Patrick Y.
Director of Recruiting and Training
  • Reviewed on 04/09/2017

"We love DiscoverLink. They have a very caring staff and work hard to make sure our needs are met."

Comments: Great learning with easy facilitation.

Pros: The system is incredibly easy for our employees to use and the tutorials are specifically designed for our industry.

• Reviewed on 04/09/2017
Neal S.
Director of Training
  • Reviewed on 12/01/2018

"Discoverlink is a great LMS with a number of courses available and an easy to use interface."

Pros: Overall the platform is really simple to use for administrators and end users. Discoverlink also has a number of service and compliance courses that will let you get off the ground quickly. Everyone on the Discoverlink team is also really easy to work with and very responsive.

Cons: The user interface is very functional and simple, but looks a little outdated. In the past three years we've also experienced a small handful of technical issues that were a little frustrating to work through. The tech team has always been very responsive with the issues, but I'd prefer not to have any issues to work through in the first place.

by DiscoverLink on 16/01/2018

Hi Neal, thank you for this review. I wanted to let you know that we will begin the process of rolling out a new user interface this quarter. We expect the underlying code to have improved stability as a result, which will mean fewer technical issues as well. We look forward to hearing your feedback once it's launched!

• Reviewed on 12/01/2018
Jeremy H.
Instructional Design Manager
Restaurants, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"We've been using DiscoverLink for a few years now, and it just works. It does what you want it to."

Comments: Able to easily track learning for our thousands of team members across multiple states.

Pros: Ease of use to admin, and for our managers and team members to use. Easy to upload courses, and their library of courses are great as well.

Cons: I consider myself a power user and would like to see more admin rights, but the customer service is always willing to help out and fix things that I can't do myself.

Nate B.
Senior Management Training Specialist
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2017

"Easy to use for our managers and team members."

Pros: Simplicity of the website. I can easily assign courses to my users, and they immediately know what their requirements are.

Cons: Would like more mobile friendly. I think that in this day and age, there is a desire to be able to take the CBTs on a mobile device.

by DiscoverLink on 29/08/2017

Hi Nate,

Thanks for the review. We just wanted to make sure you were aware that DiscoverLink Talent is mobile-enabled. Many of our clients are using it on mobile devices. If you have any questions, feel free to contact your Client Services Manager.

Angi L.
Instructional Design Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"Best Customer and Technical Support EVER Bar!"

Comments: Everyone, and I do mean EVERYONE, at Discover Link has given us the platinum package for customer and technical support. I can't say the same for other LMS's, including the BIG name ones, where you get the runaround when trying to get an issue fixed. The Discover Link folks call, email, even text, back within 24-hours. They are fantastic with communication and following-up. Yes, there are flashier (and dare I say sexier) LMS's out there that push "social learning" and promises of "mobile learning", but honestly... the competition isn't worth the headache, esp. if your organization doesn't use "social learning" or have users take courses on their cell phone (which are a pain to design effective courses for such small screens). Word of advise... Don't get caught up with the "shiny object" LMS's out there. Go for the LMS with will provide the BEST support, because THAT is what is going to matter if you have any issues and/or need Admin support. THAT is what we have with Discover Link!

Pros: The fairly new "cross-hairs" feature when looking at users within their campus is FANTASTIC! I like how you can preview content without actually needing to assign it and then take the course. Resources has a nice search option. All in all, it is fairly easy to use as an Admin and good for what our users need.

Cons: Not the most intuitive UI (especially when trying to set-up external permissions) and a bit tedious with having to collapse sections all the time. I wish the content had a "search" feature, esp. since we can't get the "filter" feature to work. The UI needs a facelift to look more "clean" and modern.

• Reviewed on 28/10/2019
Jessicah P.
Senior Director of Training
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2018

"User Friendly, Adaptable, Support out of this world, Everything a restaurant brand needs"

Pros: What I like most is the simplicity for the end users. From the management team having to assign a new profile, assign content, review history or make a transfer to our hourly employees logging in and completing the content, the process is simple to understand and to teach. Next would be the content library. It is not always possible to bring in an instructional designer to build content from scratch or budget to have content built from a third party and with this software, there is no immediate need. You can dive right in and provide your teams, all levels, learning and development content immediately. This takes out the "O.K. I have purchased the software, now let's start building content to get the buy in from our operators and/or Franchisees". Next would be the functionality to make things your own for your Brand. From how you design checklists, quizzes, tests to how you assign permissions within levels of hierarchy to give the management teams and owners the accountability over their restaurants dashboard and assignments. There is so much more I want to brag about with Discover Link but they only give me so many words within this review and I have to be sure to let you know about the support team. It is like no other I have dealt with in my 25+ years in restaurants. They are caring, helpful, bring suggestions and ideas to the table as well as make you feel like a part of the family vs. being a client. I am so appreciative of each and everyone on the team!

Cons: I have no least favorite thing about this software because of the hard work and dedication of their team listening to the all their client family. We requested to have them build an app and our wish has come true. in 2018, we will be able to have an app available for the system. For us, this will open doors, windows and magic portals because we will be able to fulfill the "offline" resource content our Franchisees have requested, build a library with "Search" functionality so our operators can find things quickly and easily as things arise and so much more that just makes me smile inside and out. I know it is hard to believe that this software could be so great, but I encourage you to give it a chance.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2018
Linda J.
DIRECTOR
  • Reviewed on 10/01/2018

"A pleasure to work with, Easy to Use, Facilitates Training and makes it more efficient!"

Pros: The ease of use and ability to update and create content quickly. As well as the ability to manage the training program per location.

• Reviewed on 10/01/2018
Jessica G.
Training & Hospitality Director
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2017

"Program is simple, useful, but prone to user issues."

Pros: The content: hands-on activities are well-targeted and effective. The new feature that allows supervisors to sign off remotely is much appreciated.

Cons: Lots of issues with stalling, freezing, and not giving credit for completed (or mostly completed) items.

by DiscoverLink on 05/09/2017

Hi Jessica,

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. We're sorry to hear about the issues you've been facing. The behavior you described is not typical, so we want to help you resolve it. Our Director of Client Services will be contacting you this week to help you troubleshoot it and find a solution.

Lead Director, Training and Development
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2018

"The software works well, and the customer service is a point of differentiation."

Pros: Intuitive to use, and has appropriate flexibility to accommodate the needs of our franchise community. The responsiveness and support for questions and ideation is outstanding.

Cons: Standard reporting features are pretty rigid at the multi-unit level. To make information quickly actionable, reporting and dashboards may be worth customizing.

by DiscoverLink on 09/01/2018

Hello, thank you for providing this review and for the feedback on reporting. I wanted to make sure you were aware that we are able to customize a dashboard view that includes key dynamic statistics applicable to each level of the hierarchy. If you'd like to learn more about this option, please contact your Account Manager. Also, we will be rolling out a new user interface starting in Q1 that has improved reporting functionality, including graphical representations.

Corrin B.
Training and Development Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2019

"DiscoverLink Talent Review"

Comments: We use Discoverlink in all aspects of our Training Programs. It's extremely valuable and affective to use to compliance. Having that validation and proof that all our employees are compliant is key. We are trying to go as paperless as possible for it improves our ability to customize and change information in real time.

Pros: This software makes it easy for users of all levels to use. It's also very customizable for specific locations but also our regional directors who oversee multiple locations. The introduction of the app is fantastic and something that will make our company initiatives so much easier to execute.

Cons: Though I feel it is easy to work with, I do hear from a lot of locations that seem to have issues navigating the site. The easier to locate certain information, the better. I know that a lot of management would like the ability to customize their own dashboard to be able to see certain results or information as soon as they log in. For example: compliance percentages, or learning program incomplete percentages would immediate should up on the top of their dashboard as soon as they log in. That would be beneficial for them but also as administrators. If we could enable certain report percentages to automatically pop up, that would help solve some of our problems.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2019
Braxton L.
Training Manager
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2018

"If it was not for this product our company would be less efficient! Used Daily!"

Comments: From an organization standpoint- Employee engagement, Employee retention, increased value of Sales. Number, increased amount of knowledge learned. Tracking results through this software is also a huge benefit as it is very easy to do!

Pros: This software is user-friendly and easily accessible. It is not complicated like some other LMS out there. The options for different modules or LPs are very beneficial for a multi-unit organization. By far though would be the customer service. If you do not know something or have a question you do not have to call a 1-800 number. Your client services rep is only an email and phone call away with immediate response! WE LOVE THIS PRODUCT

Cons: It is not really what I like or least about this software it is more of improvements to be made. This company is on top of their game by listening to their customers and making changes to the software to benefit the customers. Occasionally we will run into technology issues within our organization with WIFI connectivity problems which hinders the ability to use discoverlink so that can be a downfall at times. Wishing this software could be used on a offline network would be extremely beneficial.

by DiscoverLink on 09/01/2018

Hi Braxton, thank you for this review and your feedback on offline use to help with connectivity issues.I wanted to let you know that the ability to take courses offline and synchronize once a connection is made is on our roadmap for this year. We will keep you posted when we get close to releasing that!

Molly M.
Director, Training and Development

"Product is okay"

Pros: Our customer support is amazing. The support staff is the best asset you have to support questions and help trouble shoot issues. We have appreciated his contribution to our efforts.

Cons: Reporting is lacking and Discoverlink is behind the industry based on our research and networking with others in the industry

by DiscoverLink on 09/01/2018

Hi Molly, thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for providing feedback on reporting. I wanted to let you know that we will begin rolling out a new user interface this quarter which includes some nice reporting enhancements, including graphical charts. In addition, we can create custom reports and add dashboard statistics to meet specific requirements. If you'd like to explore either of those options, please contact your Account Manager. We'd love to hear your ideas on other features you'd like to see us add to our development roadmap as well. Feel free to send me any comments and I'll be happy to forward them on to our development team as enhancement requests for future consideration. Thanks again!

Mike A.
FC
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2017

"Very smooth, easy to use & understandable."

Comments: Quick application, learning is flexible.

Pros: Excellent organization and layout. Easy of use, simple to understand, good graphics...often it's even FUN! Enjoy the reinforcement "Gamification" sounds and graphics applied.

Cons: Sometimes slow to move from one task to another. Especially when Quiz or Test is completed. Not a major issue.

Independent Contractor
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2018

"Industry Specialists!"

Pros: I love that this software was designed with the hospitality industry in mind - they understand our specific needs.

Cons: There's a lot of functionality available. I want to make sure I know how to utilize all my options.

by DiscoverLink on 28/11/2018

Thank you for your comments. If you have any questions about using any of the functionality, just contact your dedicated client services manager. If you don't know who that is, let me know and I'll gladly point you in the right direction. We're here to help!

• Reviewed on 26/11/2018
Stephanie P.
Dir. Training and Development
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2017

"Our training has become more consistent and our employees more knowledgable"

Comments: Consistency within our company is the biggest benefit of using Discoverlink. We are able to hold our employees more accountable to our compliance policies as well as our different skill positions.

Pros: Ease of Use and the support I've received from Discoverlink. I was able to ask questions at any time of the day and get a quick response.

Manager of Training
Restaurants, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2017

"DiscoverLink Talent meets all of my needs and those of my learners."

Comments: DiscoverLink Talent is a great program to use and is easy on the budget. This program works well on tablets and phones but will work even better when the new app is fully functional.

Pros: This product allows me to upload a great deal of personalized content for my learners to use. It is also quite literally the easiest program for administrators and learners to use.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2017
Lauren M.
eLearning Designer
Food & Beverages, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2018

"Discoverlink makes uploading courses a breeze and customer service is the best I've ever worked with"

Pros: The functionality and ease of use is what sold us on this LMS. It's incredibly user friendly for our hourly employees to complete courses, tests and checklists efficiently,

Cons: I wish the leaderboard and badges were a little more interactive. Most of our employees don't even notice that they earn badges.

by DiscoverLink on 09/01/2018

Hi Lauren, thank you for taking the time to complete this review, and for the feedback on the badges/ trophy case functionality. I wanted to let you know that we will begin rolling out a new user interface this quarter that includes some significant enhancements to the trophy case, including the ability for managers to award a customized "kudos" badge. We can't wait to get your feedback on it!

• Reviewed on 02/01/2018
Alex R.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2017

"The system functions well as an electronic database to track completions and compliance."

Comments: Tracking completion of important docs, assignments, curriculums, etc.

Pros: Track completions and compliance, Individual users, easy to add users, data pulls from our HRIS to upload new hires.

Cons: It's already looking outdated. Millennials think it's from the stone age. Server connectivity fails and credit for completion gets lost.

by DiscoverLink on 09/01/2018

Hi Alex, thank you for taking the time to complete this review and for your feedback on the user interface and completion issues. I wanted to let you know that we will begin the process of rolling out a new user interface this quarter, and later this year we will be providing ability to take courses offline and synchronize once a connection is made. I hope these enhancements will address your concerns. We look forward to your feedback!

• Reviewed on 07/12/2017
Mike F.
Senior Director of Training
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2017

"Very easy to use, incredible support, and the user interface is great!"

Comments: learners are better equipped in a shorter time frame.

Pros: User Friendliness. Access and tracking capabilities are superior to other offerings. The support provided by Discoverlink is outstanding in every way.

Cons: Filters. Providing access to learning modules is important to our Franchise Community, but many prefer to customize in some regard. This can sometimes cause complexities in viewing tiers.

Jen M.
Senior HRIS Analyst
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2020

"Great LMS product"

Comments: Our experience with DiscoverLink has been fantastic! They are a great vendor to work with. Always responsive, patient and helpful in every situation. They take feedback well and are continually finding ways to improve their platform. I would highly recommend them for anyone looking to elevate their LMS experience.

Pros: Easy to use
Intuitive
Hospitality focused
Compatible with all programs we use
Ease of integration
Great customer service

Cons: My only con would be limited reporting on course specific data. Otherwise everything is great!

• Reviewed on 21/02/2020