Compliance & CE Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5

About Compliance & CE

Compliance & CE is a complete learning management solution for your laboratory.

Learn more about Compliance & CE

Lisa D.
Quality Manager
  • Reviewed on 15/06/2018

"Such an easy system to keep up with regulatory requirements...wish it was around long time ago!"

Comments: Made everyday tasks require mush less time, so that I could focus on matters that need more attention.

Pros: Not only does this software help our lab stay in compliance, it makes it so easy. New users are able to figure out how to navigate it with very little instruction, which makes them more eager to go back to it again and again. As an administrator, I can pull important information quickly to help me stay on top of matters before they fall through the cracks! Our management team likes the e-mail reminders, which frees us from micro-managing our employees. Staff from all levels appreciate its usefulness!

Cons: Our technologists like the ability to acquire their CE credits with this software, but it would be even better if I could allow them to have access to it outside of our business. I subscribe to multiple modules but would like to make only the CE portion available outside of the facility, while other modules remain white-listed. Currently I must restrict it, because either all of the modules are accessible, or all are not.

Analyst

"The staff LOVE this!!"

Comments: GET AWAY FORM MOUNTAINS OF PAPER.

Pros: Easy of use, and available from anywhere there is internet service. Easy to maintain (add, remove users, assigns courses, etc.

Cons: I have not found any "cons" yet! We are quite happy that we selected mediaLab, and I tell everyone who asks.

Rachel C.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2017

"I have found it to be very easy to use and straightforward."

Pros: MediaLab has helped me prepare for boards when I was a student and has been a great way for me to stay updated with my learning in a professional setting.

Cons: The only con I would say is it would be nice if there was a longer explanation for answers perhaps in a video or different format to mix things up. Also many questions are often recycled.

Pam V.
Quality Manager

"Functionality and utility!!"

Comments: Tracking of user competency, continuing education opportunities, course customization, assignment tracking

Pros: I love the functionality and ease of use for the administrative role. We utilize the program for tracking competency checklists for individual users and as a tool for continuing education. Customization of MediaLab courses is valuable for non-US users (different requirements, etc.).

Cons: There is so much I probably don't know all the things I could be doing! When we implemented originally every user had to be manually entered, but I think they have since changed that to a mass staff entry option using a spreadsheet.

Candance E.
Laboratory Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2017

"Great tool to use for Document Control, POC Administration, Inspections and CEU's!"

Comments: It really helps with Inspections and keeping up with regulatory requirements.

Pros: The ability to link documents and forms from Document Control to uploaded Inspection checklists. CEU courses are fantastic!

Cons: I can't think of a con, maybe a little more ability for customization of the Compass functions like being able, as an administrator, to waive some requirements that may be redundant.

Tracey J.
Manager, Quality Assurance
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2017

"Compliance & CE is instrumental for completing the OSHA required training in our organization"

Pros: I like the ease of use and reporting. It is easy to assign training to all users within the organization and follow to completion for each user. I also like how you can see how long people actually spend time reviewing the training, to let you know if they really read it or not.

Cons: I think the open enrollment is limited and not all training can be found in Compliance & CE. More of the CEU related training for our employees are found in the Histology & CE. Unfortunately the way MediaLab has the course set up it requires us to purchase licensing in two modules which is very costly. It would be nice if everything could be found in one place. Also it doesn't appear that the courses available are updated very often. Our employees grow tired and callous to taking the same OSHA courses each year. While these courses tend to be standard, it would be nice if they get changed up a bit. Overall I would just suggest combining all the courses into one module and providing a better variety to help suit all types of laboratories.

Anna D.
Director of Quality / Laboratory Director
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2018

"Excellent training and customer service. User interface could be a bit more modern and navigable."

Pros: Document control module makes maintaining document control compliance a breeze. Over all content is a 9 out of 10.

Cons: Navigation between modules is and home screen are a bit outdated. A home dash board interface vs. drop downs and less wordy links would be great improvements. Organization of content is 6 of 10.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2018
Sarah P.
Clinical Laboratory Scientist
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2019

"Great Lab Review!"

Comments: I love this program! I'm able to keep up with CE for my MT certification as well as my employer offers it's own CE courses that are easily kept track of. Test simulator can be purchased which is a great tool for those taking tests to be certified. Well worth the cost!

Pros: I love that there are endless amount of CE courses are available as reading and tests.

Cons: Not being able to have a default of showing certain dates and being able to change and save it to show every time your on the home page instead of always showing all courses from the lifetime of the account.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2019
Daniel F.
MANAGER, LABORATORY SERVICES
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2017

"We use MediaLab as part of our competency assessment plan for staff"

Comments: This is a very affordable way to offer CEU's to staff for competency maintenance with ASCP and for our own competency assessment program.

Pros: As an administrator, I like being able to track employee progress, send new assignments, and have all of the documentation in one place. The administrative features are very intuitive and easy to use.

Cons: Making custom modules can be a little tough to master at first, but I am glad it is a part of the program. It adds a great amount of flexibility to our educational offerings.

Philip J.
Medical Technologist, Anesthestist
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2017

"MediaLab provides the best experience in online continuing education!"

Comments: Relevant courses that are helpful in my practice.

Pros: Very easy to use and navigate. I enjoy the abundant topics presented and the course presenters have articulately structured each course for maximum benefit with great content and graphics. There has been no problems with signing up, taking the course, starting and pausing the activity, and then testing. I enjoy that you have both options to have a paper course copy or just follow the online course . I like the review options too. All in all, this is the best program and software for multiple platforms. It is truly an "on the go" continuing education friendly approach to maintaining your goals and keeping abreast of current modalities in Medical Laboratory Science.

Irene T.
Education Coordinator

"Great for staff"

Pros: The staff as access to PACE accredited CEs that continually get refreshed. It is also easy to use to create competency exams. There are a variety of products that help manage compliance and education.

Cons: The test function on the Course Builder is not the most user friendly. Point values and test style is not easy to manage. Granting individual admin access to courses/ groups is a pain.

Sona K.
Program director
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2017

"I highly recommend this to both educators and students in the medical lab science."

Pros: I started using this in 2016 for my CLT students.While I am teaching a course say Hematology in my CLT program, I can assign the similar topics from Compliance and CE to practice on. The students loved it and I am very pleased with this product.I feel my students are better prepared for certification exam because they can do the courses as many times as they can with detailed explanation to all the answers.The best thing they liked is the Game mode.

Cons: I wish they have more topics to cover in the Immunology and serolgy like different immunological techniques etc.

Mary L.
Quality Assurance, Laboratory
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2017

"Excellent tool for access to CE opportunities."

Pros: I like that I can incorporate photo images into self developed competency courses. I also like that courses that Media Lab already has that are available for competency and also CE.

Cons: Sometimes when in Course Builder, I struggle with downloading reference materials. Even when using the help button function, it is still with some difficulty.

Jennifer E.
Histotechnologist
Hospital & Health Care, 501-1,000 Employees

"Comprehensive Affordable CE"

Comments: Continued learning for the sale of learning and some ce

Pros: I love the variety of topics and the depth to which each one delves. I enjoy the courses that stack aka add complexity as they progress. These are great courses for beginners and seasoned professionals!!

Cons: I did not like the mobile app. It was not easy to use despite its lack of complexity. I had a difficult time navigating the site at first but customer service was excellent and was able to set me on the right track

Lynne Z.
Coordinator

"Lot of bang for the $"

Cons: There was no quick way to find supervisor level classes and no "un-select" button .
That I had lots of classes to chose from and weren't all the same topics covered year after year. That these classes weren't dumbed down to suit all audiences. That I could find such variety

Ardeen W.
Technical/General Supervisor
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2017

"Very good experience. The support was immediate."

Comments: the software provides an easy way of assigning courses to staff.

Pros: The ease of use and overall quality is excellent. The information is appropriate for my place of employment.

Cons: More Human Resource Course offering. We were hoping to find a greater variety of courses involving workplace violence and or conflict resolution in the workplace.

Reesa B.
Medical Lab Technologist
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2017

"I use these courses for my CE credits every year"

Comments: It makes fulfilling my CE requirements every year so much easier.

Pros: I love all the options of courses and that they are only a couple hours long. They make fulfilling my CE requirements every year so much easier. I like that on most slides of a course there are pictures, those really help the learning process for me.

Patricia B.
teacher
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2017

"This software is very user friendly and contains many graphs and pictures as aides."

Pros: The best part of the software are the many graphs and pictures in addition to the concise written material. The microscopic pictures and pictures depicting laboratory procedures are especially helpful. The table of contents is very handy for locating relevant material when needing to review. The software does a good job of navigating through the various types of presentation material.

Cons: This software is not interactive (i.e. does not allow any manipulation of the material). Maybe adding video depicting actual lab procedures would also enhance the experience.

Shaynah H.
Medical Technologist
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2017

"I enjoyed the lab exams at the end of each CE."

Pros: It is easy to use software. User friendly. Softwate is staright to the point. I can navigate without any confusion.

Cons: I think there should be more questions in each category when practicing for the ascp exam. Especially categorical/specialist asco exams.

Stephanie W.
Program Director
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"We use MediaLab courses for students and employees and love the variety of topics it has to offer."

Pros: We love how easy it is to use and that we can upload our site specific courses for use by the students and employees.

Cons: We would like to see MediaLab offer more coursework for Microbiology, specifically Bacteriology, Mycology, and Mycobacteriology.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Rukesh B.
Medical Technologist/ Medical Laboratory Scientist
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2017

"Very up to date and helps a lot for CE credits"

Comments: Helped me in my certification exam and helping me to get CE credits of ASCP

Pros: Easy to use and navigate throughout your course, helps to understand better for your day to day job, explanation of information/questions are very easily explained.

Cons: Some time pictures that suppose to show up on page does not load on screen properly, it loads only half of the pictures and some of the times no pictures just blank at all.

Rachel C.
LMT
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2017

"I have been using this program for almost 10 years! It is the only way I renew for MLT and I love it"

Comments: Renewed license

Pros: I like that I go at my own pace, can start and stop as neeed and test at my convenience! I can do it all at once or spread it out over time.

Cons: I dislike the price change! Inflation however is inevitable. Otherwise I cannot complain. This is my go to platform

Leah C.
Medical Technologist
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2017

"Easy one-stop-shop for CE"

Pros: It is so convenient. I can pay for a year and use my credits for my state licensure and my ASCP continuing education.

Cons: There are not many new courses if any at all. I have seen and done a lot of the same courses over the years.

Donna H.
Lab Supervisor
Pharmaceuticals, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2017

"Excellent Software applications for compliance"

Comments: All of our compliance needs are met with this one piece of software. It is great to know that we don't have to use multiple vendors in order for us to get everything we need. Certificates are printed out and keep on hand for inspections.

Pros: Easy to use format allows for any user to get on and complete their assignments. Ability to see the compliance transcripts and to know when time is taken to complete all assignments.

Cons: New material added is sometimes not known to the administrator. It is hard to see what is new until you go into the user screen and see the new features.

Joyce A.
Histotecnologist
Hospital & Health Care, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/09/2017

"The system works for me. Simple and straight forward."

Comments: Easy. Worth the money if you can't go to conferences. Can take a course at any time.

Pros: You can stop and start. Print out pages. the pictures are not the greatest. the transcript summary is nice. I would like to see the auto transfer of credits to ASCP to work.

Cons: Not as print friendly as I would like. I printed a course out and the text was way too small. pictures are not the greatest and it would be nice to click on them to blow them up more. Just to mention if the auto transfer completed courses to ASCP works that would be wonderful!