• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.2 /5

About Zendesk

Zendesk is the leading cloud-based help desk software built for better customer relationships.

Learn more about Zendesk

Showing 25 reviews of 2,442

Ashley E.
Support engineer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2020

"The best professional ticketing solution"

Comments: I have had several smooth years using zendesk and really love using it for every ticket incident I have to resolve.

Pros: I can manage my tickets with ease using Zendesk. It provides me with the perfect user interface to easily navigate between all my tickets and incidents. This tool is also widely used making it great for training new colleagues and customers to use this for internal systems.

Cons: The software is great however it can take a couple of hours to get used to the flow of tickets and interfaces in comparison to some other CRM software. Once familiar this is not an issue.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2020
Govindraj S.
Head of Support
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2020

"Productivity and Efficient Support tool"

Comments: We wanted out of box support solutions so we moved from Salesforce to Zendesk so we don't have deployment cost in Zendesk. Everything comes out of box and as an Admin u just to read their Knowledge KB and configurat the system to meet ur business needs. We have achieved 24 x7 chat support services with the help of Zendesk chat which is a excellent software

Pros: The best part of the Product is it has multiple channel support, nice api integration, automation and trigger is excellent which increases business customer support agents productivity, nice api integration, automation and trigger is excellent which increases business productivity as well.

Cons: Yes Zendesk has recently launched Explore as an analytical tool in replacement to their Insight analytical tool which is not up to the mark and much complex in comparison to Insight. Also their training and learning cost is High which should be reduced.

• Reviewed on 10/11/2020
Support Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Did a trial and did not proceed"

Comments: We use a different platform and considered switching but ultimately decided not to because it costs more but has the same amount of features.

Pros: Zendesk has a lot of great features. Tabs for tickets, time clocks, free add on apps, data is next level!

Cons: Bad mobile app, nothing different than competitor. Data seemed cool, but wasnt worth the switch from what we use now

Whitney S.
Email Marketing Coordinator
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2018

"Clean and user friendly!"

Comments: ZenDesk really is the best CRM I have ever used, and I was in customer service for 10 years. By far and away the most intuitive, simple and clean user experience you will have for a consumer facing CR interface.

Pros: My consumer care team went from using another CRM to ZenDesk and it was like night and day! Cluttered to organized! Overwhelming to clean and easy to navigate! The best feature, in my opinion, is the ability to search for tickets by contact, user or subject and merge those tickets into one. That way you don't have to respond to multiple ticket from the same consumer about the same issue, you can clear those all out at once while creating a better consumer experience (one outbound email). Similarly, the ability to mass select tickets and close at the same time either as Will Not Address (which is a great option) or you can mass select and close using one macro/template. This is particularly helpful when your site has experienced a glitch and you've gotten thousands of tickets about the same issue, you can close them all at once when the issue is resolved or if you have an update. Speaking of macros, having an easy place to store your personal templates as well as share the best templates from your team is a game changer. No more keeping templates stored in random docs and then copying/pasting. Overall, I love ZenDesk! It must have been desinged by people who have been in customer facing roles or focused group the pain points for CRMs incredibly well.

Cons: I really do love this product. The only thing to mention that could use improvement is the (seemingly) constant outages. There were some days where we would have to wait hours to get back in to the tool. I will say, though, customer support was always on top of it and super responsive.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2018
Samantha N.
IT Project Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/05/2018

"excellent tool, very useful."

Comments: Thanks to Zendesk, now everything is optimized and well organized, we can offer more productive and professional services to our customers.

Pros: The tool is easy to learn and does not require special technological skills. It provides a platform to build efficiency and responsibility quickly within a department. This has been an extremely effective tool for managing the high volume of emails that arrive, specifically for AP. Functions such as "Views" and "Reports" are excellent tools to control current tickets. The built-in spell checker is, in fact, a lifesave, You can easily track the previous ticket history in case you need to refer to a previous problem, you can combine tickets so you can know what to look for and to focus more on creating an answer, We have the macros configured to mark the tickets as spam, deliver them to another team, etc. I have more time to think about my answers and manage our inflow.

Cons: They could benefit greatly from additional email options and customizations, as well as solving some "bug" problems, since some of the features may be somewhat vague. Also, they need to improve notification to personal email because we do not have all of them and, sometimes, I can not see the customer's response on time.

• Reviewed on 09/05/2018
Elizabeth P.
Director, HR
Marketing & Advertising, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/02/2020

"Excellent experiences with our customers thanks to Zendesk"

Comments: It has helped us to optimize our performance and performance when solving the problems presented by our clients, in the same way we have streamlined so much the procedures that have allowed us to customize automatic responses, saving time and performance in the corresponding day, it also offers different channels of communication so that the client chooses the one of his preference to be available at all times. Zendesk is ideal for those computers that need tools integrated in the same platform, it will definitely exceed your expectations and direct your business to success due to the stable creation of relationships with your potential customers.

Pros: It allows us to obtain and maintain the best experiences with our customers, and adapts to any requirement automatically generates customer satisfaction and user productivity in general, allowing us to know the customer experience based on key data such as location, requirements for to be able to generate the right solution, providing you with the exact tools you need, thus building very solid relationships. It doesn't really matter how simple or complicated the situation is, thanks to this platform you can offer a range of solutions to your customers.

Cons: Specific time is needed to familiarize yourself with the system and take full advantage of its performance without neglecting any of its functionalities, in addition to using them correctly. It would be excellent if they added online training.

• Reviewed on 26/02/2020
Subham A.
Iot Associate
Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"ZenDesk really is the best CRM I have ever used, and I was in customer service for 10 years."

Comments: Easy to use Tracks all issues and provides reports Improves efficiency and service quality
I love a ticketing system - and the cost of Zendesk is just right! The functions are endless, even for the basic subscription.
Easy tool to use. Great customer support. It is an easy way to build a helpdesk/knowledgebase system for our clients to rely on.
Quick set up. Easy to begin the process of setting up a help desk system. Nearly immediate results for customer notifications and for internal email notifications.

Pros: Flexible ticket management with automated workflow
Multi-channel support: email, web, phone, chat, social media
Robust reporting & advanced analytics
Branded customer-facing web interface
Community forums
Over 100 out-of-the-box integrations with 3rd party apps
Multi-brand support with linked accounts
Group rules and macros
Screencasting
Public and private forums
Multi locale (timezone and languages)
REST API
Salesforce & SugarCRM integrations
Real time updates
Open API

Cons: This caused us difficulty with our own customers.
The price structure is developed by some MBA guy. It's an online platform people, get over yourself.
Dropped calls constantly, not an efficient way to keep our team informed about patients, super frustrating when calls were not taken even though their were people available
Zendesk have continued to charge me for months despite having a new paid account Forced to switch to Zendesk from Zopim Zendesk continue to charge my old account 6 months later Wasted many hours on their own online support. Countless emails ignored. Started a dispute with PayPal but still, I cannot elicit a response from Zendesk Their online chat denies that they are charging my account even though I have sent them screenshots of their own transaction emails I find it baffling that even in the face of such overwhelming evidence of unauthorized charges continually being made to my account that zendesk will not respond to me.

• Reviewed on 04/04/2018
Support Hero
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2019

"Zendesk is my ally!"

Comments: I couldn’t be any happier with Zendesk. From the different filtering, viewing. admin options and more, I totally feel good with this tool. Distributing tickets and following up with our customers has never been so easy. I love how new tickets are under an unassigned folder, which then can be assigned to or grabbed by anyone in the team. If a customer replies, it goes back to the person who initially responded the ticket which allows us to provide continuous follow-up. Another of my favorite options: private comments; it has helped us to save important information from the ticket/customer without having to use other tools.

Pros: The reporting tab is all I need for keeping track of how the team is doing. I don't need to export the information to another tool to get numbers, they're all in this same platform. My personal favorites are the tickets stats which allow us to see a summary of how many tickets have been solved, satisfaction rating percentages and first reply time averages. These options can be easily filtered according to the time frame of my preference and if I want to check in depth, I also have the options available.

Cons: I've had a hard time with the mobile app version of Zendesk, it's not as easy to use as the desktop version. Also, he help pages should be more precise with their answers, I feel you have to go thorough so much to get to the information you want.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2019
Sharon V.
Digital Marketing Specialist
Photography, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"Perfect ticketing system and chat box"

Comments: The ticketing system and chat have been a great addition to our website. It allowed us to provide our clients with another way to communicate with customer service when they have questions. It was very easy to install on our website and it is very easy for new employees to understand the software, so training is minimal.

Pros: The ticketing system to help customers is easy to use for employees managing it and also for customers, UX is well taught. It also offers services the complement their main product like their chat box which is very useful to answer quick questions for current and potential customers.

Cons: It was a little confusing at first how the ticketing system is separate from the chatbox, it makes sense that they're separate but just trying to figure out how to access the chat from the main panel was a little confusing when I first used it.

Ashish G.
Sr Manager -Customer Success
Sports, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2020

"Worth the service and product"

Comments: Zendesk is the CS tool which helps users reach out to us and is a good tool to generate reports, segregate users, improve users experience in reaching out to support team.

Pros: The most liking thing about this software is, its customizable in every way. The software does not have lot of features available, but you can customize yourself (or a developer) the features based on your requirement.

Cons: The service is quite slow and the product even has downtime.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2020
Richard S.
Co Owner
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2019

"Support Agents Dream"

Comments: Overall, my experience with Zendesk is very pleasant. I can keep track of all issues, questions, tasks and/or discrepancies with ease. Mostly I find myself looking through past tickets as a refresher to how much my company has overcome and the improvements made as a result.

Pros: If there has ever been an issue, Question or concern Zendesk was always there to capture it. I set my macros and off I go, responding while having a timer track my time to respond. The feature keeps my staff and clients on track so that they will never miss any inquiry. I have my Zendesk connected to my Gmail for the easiest, fastest way to communicate via email or chat. We have multiple help articles that are available to our clients which saves a lot of time for my agents as this can be a great way to get an answer quickly. Overall my company and I use this software without any hiccups and I can say for a fact I'll be working with Zendesk for all my client's support needs.

Cons: What I least liked about this software was how confusing the completion of the tickets are. For example, the "open" and "closed" ticket function can be very confusing to deal with, particularly for the client. They often receive correspondence that can be alarming when progressing through different stages of a task. My company usually is able to address this issue quickly but it does become a hassle.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2019
Nick H.
System and Network Administrator
Higher Education, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2018

"Industry standard allows for integrations"

Comments: Zendesk has been a great help in two specific areas -- solving problems and getting feedback when problems aren't solved (satisfaction surveys). It's been nice to see metrics each month to find out where we can improve.

Pros: The best part I like about Zendesk is the ability to integrate with other software including APIs, the Zendesk marketplace, things like Zapier, and so on. If the solution doesn't exist in Zendesk itself, there's a way to do it. In my personal opinion, I find the software intuitive, but a bit complex at the same time. Until you've gone through it and understand the layout, it might be unfamiliar if you've experienced a different ticketing system.

Cons: Creating forms in Zendesk has been really terrible in the past. Trying to arrange them and sort was awful, but they did update that part of it. They continue to get better with features, but some feature updates have been present in the community for years; not that this isn't normal for some software companies, but some of the features seem like they should at least be in a 'beta' stage.

• Reviewed on 28/11/2018
Dan C.
Director Of Information Technology
Wholesale, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Excellent Helpdesk as long as you not an ITIL shop!"

Comments: We needed an easy to use ticketing system for our IT Team, and Zendesk has proven to be an excellent choice for us.

Pros: Zendesk is easy to deploy, integrates well with many of their approved apps, and is easy to use for incident management. The interface is intuitive, the cost is low, and the value is high.

Cons: Zendesk is not ITIL compliant out of the gate. You'll need to configure the software to meet ITIL standards.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Sarah B.
VP, Director of Finance
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"With zendesk you will have full control of the Help desk"

Comments: This cloud-based help desk service is simply brilliant. They are the pioneers of the organized organization of technical support tickets. It has an excellent integrated chat system, so that it is easy to communicate with customers. We really like your interaction tracking function. The cloud deployment provided by the zendesk platform has turned out to be quite large. This allows us to work comfortably our information without having to go to accommodation services. This is definitely a good service. Zendesk from the beginning has brought us a wide variety of customer service management features.

Pros: You can make call recordings. You can customize the communication system, and make email campaigns. In addition, you can do inbound marketing, and phone key imput. You can track the life cycle of each client, and their messages. Zendesk is a useful platform for all types of companies, due to its wide spectrum of functionality as a customer service management service (every online company needs good technical support management to thrive). The zendesk business team proved its worth by answering each of the questions we had about the system in record time. It's excellent. We are satisfied with the zendesk contract negotiation, since the price of the plans is very economical, and the contract is flexible with the payments. It is highly recommended for its automatic response system, which are interactive.

Cons: Zendesk has many shortcomings, especially when it comes to storing documents and monitoring networks. Its routing function is slow, and it is not automatable. Another problem is (ironically) your tool for managing and tracking problems, it's slow.

• Reviewed on 17/09/2019
Assistant Manager
Insurance, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Everything you need to support your customers."

Comments: It has really made our support system better. The internal workflows have been improved drastically so we are closing tickets more reliably and quicker. If you are looking for a help desk solution, I would recommend you give Zendesk a look.

Pros: I was very happy with how quickly we were able to deploy this internally. Normally a something like this has a deployment time of weeks but we had it up and running in a fraction of that time. You can get up and running with Zendesk in a matter of days or even less if you are a smaller organisation. I also liked the availability of resources available for new users. And the software itself is fairly easy to use so our support staff were able to transition to it very smoothly. Overall quality of Zendesk has been great too. The workflows are smartly designed and easy to follow. There havent been any reliability complaints raised so far either. Overall, would definitely recommend this.

Cons: Doesnt really work so well on mobile devices. Which might not be a big deal if you only access it from a PC but I would have liked to be able to use it fully on the go as well.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
Marketing Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2018

"Get the best customer support software with Zendesk!"

Comments: It solved a lot of business problems for our team. We were able to connect our phone lines to Zendesk so every time a customer would call, the system would automatically create a ticket for us. It allowed us to respond very quickly to our customers since we were able to download Zendesk to all of our devices.

Pros: What I liked most about Zendesk is the software can be downloaded to multiple devices including a computer, laptop, and iPad. So if you're on the go, don't worry you will still be able to interact with your customers! It is also very easy to use, but learning every functionality of Zendesk could be difficult. Though, they offer online webinars to learn more about how to use it and how to find the data you're looking for.

Cons: The one thing that was frustrating about this software is internal notes can be hard if you have multiple users on the email thread. Sometimes you will be trying to talk internally with your team, and some posts would not show up just internally based on who the user was. It did not happen very often but the chance was still there so we had to be very careful.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2018
Michael S.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Good CRM for Support"

Comments: Definitely a learning curve when getting set-up, but it becomes pretty powerful once you learn the functionality available.

Pros: It's very customizable and can be adapted to suit your needs. It also has quite a bit out of the box for KPI's and measurements.

Cons: It can be difficult to capture some data if you have operations across multiple contact channels. You will also most likely need to purchase add-ons to get some calculations.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Dorothy e. "dolly" H.
Manager Of Information Systems
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2018

"Easy to implement and can be very affordable if you don't need much"

Comments: Knowledgebase, tickets, satisfied users.

Pros: Zendesk offers the ability to take your helpdesk with you and untethers you from your desk. The smartphone app works well and most tickets (in our case) can be dealt with via Outlook integration. The ability to create a knowledge base is vital in our case were few provide support to many. It's easy for end users to navigate and tracking tickets is easy. If you need a simple system it is affordable. It's relatively easy to implement.

Cons: I have been using Zendesk for about 10 years in different jobs and where there were once many features at a reasonable price that is no longer the case. Features that were once available in the Team version now require the purchase of the Professional version. From an agent standpoint, I preferred the prior interface to the current one.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2018
Jacob W.
Creator/ Owner
Newspapers, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/01/2019

"Meets Needs of small business"

Comments: We use zendesk for customer support ticketing mostly related to support but also for potential sales

Pros: I use Zendesk support along with chat for sales and support and I am pretty happy - we have made signed up enough users since we started using Zendesk chat and support to cover any costs- Readers also like the ticketing feature being available as they know that we will get back to them soon instead of an email which they do not even know that we received. Overall its a great program for sales or support at a fair price for small businesses as well.

Cons: It is a bit confusing to use and customize- if you make mistakes with triggers it is hard to figure out how to solve it although suppory there is decent- that said I do not blame Zendesk they have many features for more advanced ticketing so its going to be a bit complex because if you are a bigger business or have specific needs you will be utilizing these more robust tools

• Reviewed on 28/01/2019
Moses Z.
Associate
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/04/2019

"The experience your customer need."

Comments: It has been great. It was really easy to integrate with our main website, support tickets have come with no troubles. Price is very reasonable and the support given by the company​ has been outstanding.

Pros: I really like everything about the tool. It is very easy to use, very manageable, and integration to third-party apps it's​ easy. You can add apps like Trello, Husky reports, and others. As well, you can see previous tickets submitted by the same users and add shortcuts​, which will appear on the right-hand side. You can see which staff member​ is working on tickets​, reports are very well done, which is helpful to keep track of the responses​.

Cons: I really have had no troubles with Zendesk. The only trouble I can remember is tickets not been delivery as they were stuck in the server. However, it was taken care of Zendesk personnel​ very quickly and worked was resumed. That would be the only con I had and not any other outage from Zendesk.

• Reviewed on 28/04/2019
Robbin Y.
Accountant
Machinery, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2018

"Helped us keep track of our responses."

Comments: We were able to streamline our responses to our customers in need of service, keep track of each issue the customers had and log the information into our customer files. Our response time decreased and our customers were happier with a shorter wait to fix their issues.

Pros: Before Zendesk we really had no protocol on how we kept track of our response to customers needing phone service. Zendesk helps us keep track of our responses and sends an email to the customer with a log of the conversation they had with out service techs. Customers can respond to those emails to ask further questions/get more help or let us know if they were happy with the service they received.

Cons: Overall I don't really think there was much I did not like about the software, however we have not used any other service software to be able to compare it.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2018
Alvaro M.
Account Manager
Utilities, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"Zendesk to keep your cool"

Comments: Better customer communication and transparency on their reported incidents have made life more peaceful, more zen, i.e., better customer satisfaction is achieved thanks to tools like Zendesk. ITIL best practices are applied via Zendesk as we are required to take action based on it as a model.

Pros: Zendesk is very zen for both the clients and helpdesk team. It helps both parties keep their zen/cool when reporting for events, issues, problems on our system. Communication among involved parties are managed and history recorded. Customer satisfaction is improved as long as proper communication, transparency is given. This is readily seen via Zendesk as you can quickly view the status of your tickets and know what is being done (or not done) while you wait. ITIL is easy to put in practice using Zendesk as it was built to support it.

Cons: The mobile app is useful but not yet mature or feature-rich as the native app. For onboarding purposes, I also find the Knowledgebase or documentation not very straight forward with the answers. we need to dig deeper or go to online forums for better understanding.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Phil C.
Director of Sales
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2017

"Powerful support ticket system for all facets, not just software support"

Comments: Zendesk makes our support staff more effective and efficient, and provides immediate access to open tickets and customer feedback in our CRM environment.

Pros: I love that Zendesk can easily be linked to our CRM (Nutshell) so I can be kept in the loop on support issues w/o having to leave my CRM. As the Director of Sales, I need to know whether there are issues with customers and Zendesk does just that. I also love that Zendesk can be configured to automatically e-mail me about particular items. For instance, I am notified every time we get feedback from customers --- good or bad. I can then follow-up where appropriate, either to get permission to use the feedback on our website or to find out how we can do better. From a support standpoint, I absolutely love that I can use the system to add to existing tickets as opposed to sending e-mails to our support team, and that my feedback can be kept internal only.

• Reviewed on 18/09/2017
Shaun P.
IT Specialist
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"Great Ticketing System"

Comments: It has been great. I was looking for a very simple tool to deal with IT issues without having to clog up my Outlook inbox and this has been fantastic. At a low price point I'm able to have all my tickets in a system that shows me all the notes between I and the staff and an easy to read email sent out automatically when I respond in the system itself.

Pros: I use this for our internal IT tickets. I love the simplicity of the software and the macros that can be built. I also love that it has an application for my iPhone. I'm able to get a notification on my watch letting me know someone has sent in a ticket so I can deal with it quickly. Also in the future when we add an additional IT person to our company it will be very easy to add them on and assign tickets to them. Zendesk also has great price points. They have expensive plans for people that do a lot with their ticketing system (Zendesk Chat, integrations, etc.) but for someone who is just looking for a simple system I pay less then $10 a month.

Cons: Their system which determines how long it takes you to answer tickets on average doesn't have a way to add in business hours and holidays. Our average response time is shown to be significantly higher than it actually is because of this.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Eric M.
Product Operations Specialist
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2019

"No other Tool Compares - Not w/o Issues"

Comments: Overall, Zendesk is still the best tool out there. They could spend a little more time improving some of their core features instead of releasing new ones all the time, but still a great tool.

Pros: - Zendesk has the most integrations of any HelpDesk tool I've seen
- Support is tremendous and incredibly helpful.
- Interface is a bit complex, but once you learn it, it's easy to use.
- Excellent user management/role restrictions.
- Workarounds exist for almost every missing feature (requires a bit of Tech Saavy)

Cons: - Interface is a bit complex
- Talk Feature is clunky and has issues connecting calls sometimes.
- No email read receipts.
- A lot of basic features are missing, but there are always apps or workarounds

• Reviewed on 21/03/2019