Retail Pro Reviews

by Retail Pro International

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    4.4 /5

About Retail Pro

Retail Pro is complete retail management solution for POS, inventory, customer and store ops management across channels and devices.

Learn more about Retail Pro

Daniel B.
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2014

"Retail Pro gives us a competitive edge!"

Pros: Our operation is very seasonal, and we gear up from 0 to 100 in a short amount of time. The accuracy the system delivers for inventory management gives us the confidence to make rapid decisions that impact our bottom line. We especially appreciate the level of support that we receive. That level of trust in the product and support is important for us since we have such a narrow window for our business.

Cons: No software is perfect. However, our experience with Retail Pro has been significantly better then our previous vendor. Our least favorite thing about the software is how it behaves with our unique discount structure. However, we have found ways to make it fit our operation.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2014
Jorge U.
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2014

"Retail Pro's many features"

Pros: The best part about Retail Pro is the user interface with the touch screen capabilities for our stores. It gives sales personnel the ease of access and a touch screen that is fluid and fast to use. I also like the ability to change the layout to any way we may need throughout the scope of our stores. The best part I like about retail pro is our vendor, BHD; they are the best Retail Pro support team in North America, hands down! They are friendly, professional, and very knowledgeable on how it works and what features are best to implement for your business.

Cons: The reporting features can be a bit confusing, but with the right support from your retail partner and trainers, these all can be modified to do pretty much anything you need to report with ease. Receipt layout can be a bit challenging, but it gets easier with time as you use it more.

Benjamin J.
web developer
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2017

"Unbelievably terrible"

Comments: Nothing. I loathe this software and I wish its developers absolutely nothing but the worst.

Pros: I guess it technically runs. Beyond the fact that it's easier than using a pen and paper to keep track of products, there is nothing I like about this software.

Cons: It is disorganized, inefficient, difficult to use, has memory leaks, no database support, closed-source and expensive to upgrade, bizarrely laid out, and just overall a pain to use on a day-to-day basis.

by Retail Pro International on 29/06/2017

Hello Benjamin. We¿re sad to hear you aren¿t getting to experience the best of Retail Pro. Are you on a very outdated version of Retail Pro software? Please contact us at [email protected] and let¿s see what we can do to get your problem resolved.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2017
Jacob P.
Health, Wellness & Fitness
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2014

"Enterprise power for small businesses"

Pros: The software is packed with features that I have yet to find in other software on the market, including multiple ways of handling employee compensation (eg.-SPIFs, different commissions for different employees), fully customized screen layouts, and most importantly the ability to do quick mass edits using the CTRL+F2 function on the inventory grid.

Cons: Sometimes the software can slow down when too many users are logged in at once.

Lawrence A.
Business Center Manager
Retail, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Hassle Free"

Pros: I like how i can customize almost anything on my business through Retail Pro, they give me options to improve my business even more.

Cons: There are no major issues on this software. It performs pretty well as far as i am using it. I highly recommend it!

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Bill G.
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2014

"Retail Pro with Big Hairy Dog"

Pros: Retail Pro Version 8 - flexibility in the product mix we sell; by the item, weight, or volume discounts. Big Hairy Dog - response time is great! Things are going to happen, and when it does, we know that our support team at BHD will respond and get us back on track, day or night!

Cons: The issues that seem to limit reporting capabilities are addressed in the upcoming upgrade version.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2014
Loren M.
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2014

"I have been using Retail Pro since 1991"

Pros: Retail Pro continues to be updated with time. My vendor, BHD Information Systems, is proactive about their customers being happy with Retail Pro.

Cons: Some basic features could be easier to use (e.g.-Sales Orders/Gift Cards).

• Reviewed on 15/03/2014
Randolph U.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2014

"Retail Pro v9"

Pros: I find it very user-friendly and very visual with the layout. The vendor always responds to questions and is always willing to help.

Cons: Nothing that I can think of currently. The product is very easy to use, and the vendor is always there to support and provide whatever is needed.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2014
Diana P.
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2014

"Cop-copine"

Pros: It's user friendly system with very helpful IT support.

Cons: I don't have any complaints. For the most part, it satisfies our essential needs.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2014
Jack O.
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2014

"Retail Pro 9 & JD Associates Leominster, MA"

Pros: Retail Pro is a easy to use. The vendor, JDA, is responsive when we have a question.

Cons: The software does not have a process module for manufacturing or changing the product for resale. There are no issues with the vendor.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2014
Ann P.
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2014

"Big Hairy Dog is Top Dog in Glamour House's Book!"

Pros: Hands down, what I like best is that our service is through BHD. I purchased Retail Pro in 2003 and have had bumps along the way (e.g.-hard drive crashes, lost data/backup issues, questions on operation, etc.). Customer support has always gone over and above the call of duty to solve my problems in a friendly, efficient, and cost-effective manner. Also, it is comforting that their support staff have longevity in the company. I also like the intuitive features of use and easy integration with Quickbooks.

Cons: I am concerned that at some point they will no longer support Version 8, and Version 8 works just fine for us. We don't want to be forced to buy more than we need.

• Reviewed on 17/03/2014
Natee M.
Business Owner
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2020

"Don’t buy. My on hand inventory is wrong. It’s a bad decision that I bought this product."

Comments: It sucks. Don’t buy. We have been trying to use it for over a year but now we have to start everything over because the inventory is not correct. We have to do manual adjustments a few times. Our products are high value watches with serial numbers and we have only less than 10 transactions per day!!
We can’t imagine how this software can handle larger businesses with hundreds or thousands of transactions per day. Either the local solution provider (Adasoft) didn’t implement it correctly or the software really sucks!

Pros: Ease of use interface.
Multiple stores capability.

Cons: - It could not even calculate inventory correctly.
- Regional Support is extremely slow and local solution provider could not help much.
- We have been trying to use it for over a year, it has always been miscalculating the on-hand inventory and the actual inventory in the reports.
- Upload tool is very difficult and confusing to use and can cause duplicate records and mess up the product database.
- Slow.
- We have been using it over a year just to find out that either the product or the implementation is sub standard.

• Reviewed on 08/07/2020
Suzanne Z.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2017

"RIS review"

Comments: Server based is outdated.

Pros: Robust, and reliable we have used it for more than 30 years. It has served our store well over the last 30 years. Reporting is good.

Cons: Clunky and outdated. To improve our online presence we need to link to Linked Retail which is $ a month

• Reviewed on 14/04/2017
Rachel B.
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2014

"Grand Canyon University Arena Team Shop"

Pros: I like the ease of use and the availability of the Retail Pro and One Step Staff. One Step Retail Solutions has shown me and the GCU Team Shop that they are committed to providing us with the highest level of customer satisfaction possible. They have worked with the GCU Team Shop on our mobile store and provided continual support as our store has evolved.

Cons: The system is easy to use, but I know there is so much more to our point of sale system. I wish there were classes or webinars offered for free to explain how to use more of the features.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2014
Nancy P.
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2014

"We love Retail Pro"

Pros: Retail Pro is easy to use at Point of Sale and in the back office. New employees learn the system quickly because it's very user-friendly. The customer service and tech support is outstanding.

Cons: The only thing we wished our version of Retail Pro had would be better statistical analysis. It is available on the new version, but we would have to do a complete switch over.

• Reviewed on 21/03/2014
Spencer Y.
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2014

"Great Point Of Sale Software"

Pros: They OneStep team is thorough with a capital T. The product is extremely robust, putting all the important metrics a click away.

Cons: The biggest downside to V9 vs V8 is the speed. V9 is significantly slower. One other big downside to the RPro software is it limits your third-party options. We are stuck using only one CC processor, which ties our hands and limits our ability to get the best possible deal/rates.

Brian M.
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2014

"Happy Retail Pro Customer and One Step Retail Solutions Client"

Pros: The biggest change was having tighter control on inventory, needing less inventory, and generating more sales on a smaller inventory value. That’s pure profit! As our store really began to take flight, we built a great partnership with One Step Retail Solutions and have been going strong with them since 1994.

Cons: There isn't much I don't like about the product. It is very user-friendly.

Quentin L.
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2014

"Test for Growth Strats and the perception behind it."

Pros: I like the core set of products and customer service. I'm easily able to integrate it into our system.

Cons: The price isn't great. It wasn't that easy to learn for most of the team. The system crashes at unexpected times.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2014
Eric B.
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2014

"JDA and RPro"

Pros: JDA not only provides the support we need but is also forward looking, allowing us to plan for the future. Retail Pro consistently gets the job done for us.

Cons: I'd like to see some improvements in store-to-store data transfer. Real time information at the central hub is a must.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2014
Michael D.
  • Reviewed on 14/07/2014

"Retail Pro Review"

Pros: I've been using Retail Pro for over 15 years and would not be able to run my business without it.

Cons: I would like the reporting to be a little more robust.

• Reviewed on 14/07/2014
Robert S.
Retail Pro Administrator
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/04/2018

"Retail Pro 9"

Comments: I have been a Retail Pro Admin now for years. I know that if I ever have an issue pop up, I can call my RPro business partner at any time of the day, even 2 am, which I have done. I get the same high quality and knowledgeable support I need at the time.

Pros: It’s ability to provide a one-stop shop. It has everything a business needs to succeed as software goes. Along with it knowledgeable business partners is an excellent choice to support your retail business

Cons: New more knowledge based support. When I access my portal, the limited amount of user information is disappointing

• Reviewed on 13/04/2018
Chris M.
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2014

"J.D Associates and Retail Pro"

Pros: We have been using the software Retail Pro for about two months now at our single location, which is a Swimming Pool retail store. Since the day we first launched the software, we have had such an easy time conducting business with our vast customer base. Ringing in sales have never been easier, and we can now, for once, really track our sales by department and so much more. The software was very easy to learn and J.D. Associates was a big part of that! Their training process was not only well-performed, but our teacher made it fun as well! I'd recommend RetailPro and J.D. Associates to any entrepreneur or business manager!

Cons: I can't think of anything at all. There is nothing to date we dislike, and I can't see us ever changing our views.

• Reviewed on 23/06/2014
Amogh R.
Business Analyst
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"Strong Customization but can still be improved"

Pros: * Very strong customization options.
* Its EMV compatible which is a big plus
* Its got strong Employee and customer management modules
* Strong reporting capabilities

Cons: * Not having ability to “edit” the preloaded report formats to suit our needs.
* There are few glitches here and there especially with a preloaded cards but customer service is usually quick to respond

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Skyler C.
Co-Owner
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2018

"Retail pro is decent"

Pros: Retail pro is a decent software for a consignment store. It is fairly simple to you and has a smooth layout.

Cons: My cons with the product is that there is more products out there like it with newer layouts and easier to use.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2018
Reid J.
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2014

"Retail Pro and Big Hairy Dog are best in class!"

Pros: Retail Pro is well developed, from an end-user standpoint. We don't experience system problems, and they continue to update and enhance routinely. Big Hairy Dog's support is fast, friendly, and - most importantly - knowledgeable!

Cons: We have been exceptionally happy with both for 11 years!

• Reviewed on 18/03/2014