GoTo Connect Reviews

4.5 (641) Write a Review!

About GoTo Connect

GoToConnect combines Jive's VoIP phone systems with GoToMeeting's video conferencing into one simple, reliable and flexible solution.

Learn more about GoTo Connect

Pros:

VOIP cloud based software is easy to use, easy to implement, and allows you to work from anywhere with connectivity.

Cons:

The app does not work very well for which I depend on it greatly being out of the office so I had to modify and my a second number for my phone to have it forwarded to it.

GoTo Connect ratings

4.6

8.7/10

GoTo Connect has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 641 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used GoTo Connect before?

Ezra
Ezra
Co Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees

Jive is a great price with all features needed

Comments: Overall, we've now been able to do tonnes of calls, outgoing and incoming since we went with jive. It helps grow our business. Access is available on the phone, computer or any other device.

Pros:

I like that jive is really cost effective yet gives access to all their features. It allows me to do everything i need to do, with alot of minutes within the plan.

Cons:

Jive seems to be great so far, cant complain

Rich
VP in US

Very pleased

5.0 last month New

Comments: Been a user for 5 or so years, as they make improvements the service only gets better

Pros:

GoToConnect has been a great tool for my Financial Services agency, I can easily adjust the dial plan. The hub/user interface is great. I can text or call from any device, even do a virtual meeting from anywhere whit an internet connection.

Cons:

I have no complaints, I rarely have any glitches or issues

Talent Acquisition Partner in US
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Decent phone system but the connection is not great

3.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

It's very easy to learn. You will not need much training on it.

Cons:

The connection on audio calls is not the best. I've had quite a few calls that drop.

Maria Alejandra
Maria Alejandra
Operation Supervisor in Colombia
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 1,001-5,000 Employees

The best phone app

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Since I have been using the app, I have no problems communicating with my clients and candidates, making it easy to stay connected 100% of the time.

Pros:

It is a friendly and easy-to-use application, which allows direct communication with people outside, and above all, it offers multiple forms of communication, from voice messages, text messages, or direct communication with people.

Cons:

that in order to access the purchase there is a lot of protocol and one must be contacted by a sales agent instead of being able to call to request the license purchase service.

Allison
Office Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees

GoTo VOIP review

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: great customer support and reliable phone service

Pros:

A user-friendly platform, unlimited lines, able to preset office hours and after hours emergency line, so many helpful features!

Cons:

There was a slight learning curve with the platform and features, I did need to make a few calls for support to figure out certain things

Chandler
Account manager in US
Renewables & Environment, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Easy to manage.

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I can manage all of my agent's phone calls and their effectiveness. I can see how many times they miss a call, and it helps track how well they are doing their jobs.

Cons:

If a call is missed, it will oftentimes get stuck in the queue. It will not allow anyone to end up taking the call at all.

Anna
Director in Canada
Hospitality, 11-50 Employees

easy fast remote help tool

4.0 last month New

Pros:

we used to connect with our IT department to problem solving for remote agents, worked fine

Cons:

no practical issues, it easy to connect for not very tech savvy agents

Ouattara
Ouattara
Telecom Technician in Côte d’Ivoire
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees

A great tool for voip

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: A potent and efficient tool for small and medium-sized companies. For the management of a call center, or between collaborators, to be used on PC, for the control of the VOIP or group call. Good quality of operation and transmission.

Pros:

Goto Connect offers a lot of services. call management, sms, fax, put on hold, group calls, even conference calls, and many other services. Not very popular, it's for business rather than personal way. It is a powerful softphone for your IP call services. On the transmission side, nothing to reproach and envy from its competitors.

Cons:

The real problem with softphone is their mobile app, bug, sms sending/receiving failure, notification problem. I recommend it more on PC

nestor
Proposal in Puerto Rico
Warehousing, 501-1,000 Employees

Excellent

5.0 last month New

Comments: Perfect

Pros:

like most about this software is a excellent tool to work and its easy to beginners learn

Cons:

least about this software overall its good in all matters

Mehdi
Team Lead in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees

One of the best meeting software around

5.0 last month New

Pros:

Very cost-efficient compared to other options in the market.

Cons:

apps are not that interactive but I am sure it will improve.

Susan M
Office Manager / Senior Tax Preparer in US

Never Missing A Call

Comments: Our overall experience with Jive Voice has been an outstanding one. We are a seasonal business and with our prior provider it was a big hassle to turn off lines in the off season. With Jive it was as simple as 1, 2, 3,. We now have a general voicemail box and each desk has its own voicemail box. If one office is extremely busy we can route the calls to another office without having to add another employee which allows us to have better control over our payroll. With Jive you have hold music options without paying for an extra service. Also with Jive we have the ability to answer calls from our cell phones without our private numbers appearing (the customer thinks you are answering from the office). Last but not least Jive's customer service and support team is outstanding. If you have a question or technical issue they are quick to respond and with the response they not only correct the issue they teach you at the same time on how to correct the issue in the future should the problem arise again.

Pros:

Our Company has been using Jive Voice for 2 years now and everyday we learn something new about the system that has helped to make our customer service more effective. This year we started using Jive's Mobile feature. The mobile feature allows us to never miss a call. With this feature you have total control. you can set for do not disturb, or choose to have instant notifications. The best feature is that when I call back from my cell phone caller ID shows the business number instead of my cell number. I can also send a text message from my phone again not revealing my actual cell number. I no longer need two separate phones.

Cons:

The only thing I like least about this software is that I have not had the time to explore all of the wonderful options available to our company. I am sure I could request to have a representative come out and explain more in depth about the system. Jive also has great tutorial videos available.

Stephen
Director of Special Projects in US
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees

Everything we wanted from a phone system and more

Comments: Moving to GoToConnect just before COVID lockdowns was a godsend. The ability to have staff work from home was a huge help. While the onboarding process was intense, GTC staff were there at every step to help. And the customer support ever since, at every step and for every issue, has been fantastic. My favorite fact is that I have yet to be transferred to another associate when I call in. Every representative has been able to resolve my issue every time.

Pros:

First off, GoToConnect is simply a great product. It does what it does well and without issue. We were initially nervous about moving to VOIP out of fear of poor call quality but after a year of use, that has not been a problem. GTC offers incredible flexibility for product utilization. We can design plans where the phones in certain rooms only ring at certain times. There are options to adjust the length of time before calls are routed to voicemail. You can create messages that play according to when the call is received (before/after hours, lunch, emergency closure). Staff members can even log into the system and work from home. GTC offers cloud based call recording. We only recently began utilizing that feature (more options than we can even think about) but have found it to be incredibly helpful. If there is ever a problem with a client, we can just review the call and have proof to resolve the dispute. GTC offers unparalleled customer support. It may well be among the five best customer support experiences I have ever encountered. And these are complicated, in-depth issues that they help us with. But their staff know their business and are able to resolve the issues every time.

Cons:

The onboarding process was lengthy, complicated and intense. Switching from a standard wired phone system to a VOIP system is a big switch for any company but especially for one without a real IT department. GoToConnect offers more features and capabilities than we can even understand or utilize. At times, the sheer number of opportunities can become paralyzing. The one "feature" we still struggle with is placing a call on hold, answering another call and then switching between the two. On a "old school" system with a hold button and blinking lights for each line, that process was second nature for those of us with a few years of that process. Moving to a VOIP where you don't really have "lines" is still tripping us up.

Cina
office manager in US
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

Jive - highly recommended!

Comments: We have been Jive customers for more than 3 years now. I am not always accepting of changes, so I was not very happy when I had to learn how to use the new phone--but boy am I glad now that my boss made the decision to switch to Jive's VoIP phone system solution. We have different phones, but the one I like the most is the one that works just like my cell--it has a touch screen and it is so easy to use.

Pros:

Jive is very customizable! You can make changes on the fly; you can access the system on your desk phone, your cell phone or even your computer. I like how you can go into the portal and change the dial plan, close the office and temporarily forward phone calls to another line or office, then revert it back to normal--all with relative ease. I also like how you get so many features that are included -- they don't nickel and dime for each thing! One more thing I like is the presence monitoring on the phones, I can see on my phone screen if one of my coworkers is on a call so I know if I should transfer the caller or just send them to voice mail.

Cons:

Faxing is limited to 5 pages or less. However, now that I think about that, I hardly get any faxes anymore because people simply send me PDFs instead.

Jon
Data Services Manager in US
Market Research, 51-200 Employees

GoToConnect (Jive)

Comments: Great! They are the best value for the money without the big price tag

Pros:

We have been a customer since before GoToConnect bought them out. Customer service is one of my very favorite reasons why we are still with them. We have some unique deployment features we needed and Jive was able to accommodate almost all of them

Cons:

International dialing. If you dial a lot of international numbers, there are a few countries that are banned and you have to ask for special circumstances to release those countries

CEO/Owner in US

Client review

Comments: I can't think of a company I have used in the past decade on my phone service that has been as responsive as Jive. They are not perfect and stuff happens, but they will double their efforts to make sure it is corrected and they will follow up with you so you are not left in the dark. As far as just asking for directions on the setup and using the interface for daily login info, it is quite easy.
They are an outstanding company for service, support and product, what a great combination.

Pros:

I have been with the service prior to Jive buying out the previous company. I can tell you the improvements to software and interface has been upgraded to a very high level, you can see the flow on setting call sequences and ring groups. I have need help on items and even a recent phone purchase and porting over a number. Let me tell you this team is great, I had them provision the new phone and set up the new number and ship the new phone to me. The phone cost was a couple dollars higher than buying on Amazon. I would pay them that amount everyday and more. They are outstanding in service and support, they emailed me multiple times on updates, directed me to different departments for sales and service. I do not see myself with any other company that has treated my very small business with such support. The will walk you thru the software and you will see how intuitive it is. They in my personal opinion are the best.

Cons:

There is a lot you can do and the down side is if you do not use it everyday, as when your are setup thing just run. So, when you do need to add or change something it is a learning curve as I only need to address the software once or twice a year. I am discussing the setup software, the actual login user interface is quite easy to use, I do use that more often and it make life simpler.

Jessica
Front Office Coordinator in US
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees

Great Software for VOIP

Comments: Overall, Jive is one of the best VOIPs out there. The issues are minimal and you get great customer service, plus the Jive website is so easy to use.

Pros:

I love the ease of customizing settings on the website. I manage the schedule daily and can make changes to the ring groups or different phone lines easily. If I do have a question, I am usually able to get ahold of someone at Jive rather quickly and they can make the changes for me but also walk me through how to do it for next time. The support team at Jive is very responsive.

Cons:

My main point of contention is that Jive doesn't keep logs of when there are issues with the phones. For example, we had someone call about 6 times after hours on a Friday, which we didn't find out about til we returned to the office Monday, and the techs couldn't help us figure out what the issue was or why the calls kept getting rerouted back to the main line instead of going to the after hours emergency line. The tech said it is best to call right after the incident happens, which would have been impossible for us since it was after hours!

CEO in US
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

Jive is a VOIP service provider. Solid user interface and stellar customer support.

Comments: It runs our telephony infrastructure.

Pros:

Jive is a VOIP service provider that provides a very elegant and easy to navigate user interface for small to medium sized business voice services. But VOIP implementation is complex, what is most notable is both the response time and the quality of knowledge in the customer support team. They should be on a competitive short list, but should probably be picked over their competition because of their support staff.

Cons:

I only have any minor quibbles with the software, but first it is important to note there are significant complexities to implementing VOIP over data networks. While jive's voice services can operate over a wide variety of network configurations, it is very important to make sure the network infrastructure can support the prioritization of Jive voice services on the network or the jive voice traffic is segregated to a router and switch configuration that is optimized for VOIP. One minor note is the iOS VOIP app doesn't relay full caller id information and does not send an alert when it is disconnected. The UI on the app needs a little polish as well, but perfectly fine for most users.

João
João
IT Analyst in Brazil
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201-500 Employees

Video and audio in one platform.

Comments: With the COVID pandemic, the GoToConnect platform helped employees to collaborate due to the quarantine and everyone working from their homes. We use the voip service a lot to communicate for free and the videoconference feature to make regular meetings, presentations and training. The experience was very good.

Pros:

GoToConnect has everything we need to work away from the office and maintain optimal communication. In this software I like the integration of videoconferencing features, VOIP audio conferencing and corporate instant messaging. It is compatible with Windows and Android and IOS operating systems. I use it every day to chat with my colleagues and clients, using Voip when something is fast and when it requires a presentation I do online meetings.

Cons:

GoToConnect still has some instabilities on android where it happened to close the application without my permission. But I see that on PC I have nothing to complain about.

Julie
Head of HR in US
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees

Good, efficient, saves me money but has issues

Pros:

Automated options are great. The eFax set up is great. I use it multiple times a week. I don’t have any problems with that. 24/7 customer service is helpful since I am Open everyday. I was able to save, per month on combining my 4 lines together.

Cons:

Customer service needs more training. They did not know that an intercom option. Whenever I have an issue, sometimes after calling the customer service team, they fix it but can’t explain to me how they fixed it. Sometimes the reception is a little off for whatever reason because I have had customers call and can’t hear us or we can’t hear them. The dial plan needs work. I have so many lines and different auto attendants, it gets messy but the dial plan needs to light up between dial plans or something to identify the lines. It gets super confusing. Everything is connected via internet. If that’s down, I’m screwed.

Blake
Mr in Canada

Using Jive

Comments: Replacing old Nortel PBXes, other VOIP implementations, and other patchwork phone systems is nice -- once all the kinks are worked out of a Jive PBX for a client it's pretty great. The Tier 2 / 3 Support is also excellent, when they are needed.

Pros:

Lots of features. Once configured properly, it works very nicely and we have had few issues for production PBXes.

Cons:

Lots of features - some of the management through the GUI to turn on or adjust features is unintuitive and probably unnecessarily so. Some of resolutions for issues seen during migrations to Jive took too long -- considering how critical regular phone service is for business, even now with all of the other communications tech options available.

Rex
Rex
President in US
Computer & Network Security, 11-50 Employees

Best VoIP!

Comments: Great! Best VoIP solution on the market! integration with their video conferencing solution is currently free. They are always upgrading and imporving. Full of features to meet the growing small business.

Pros:

Full of features of a full PBX system. call parking, and auto answer are great features. Also the call routing. wide range of options. Large selection of harware and phone options. Great for any size business. We are not a very big company but as we grow so does our phone usage and Jive can expand easily to more extensions, etc. Jive mobile app is included free, and you can have calls forwarded to your cell phone.

Cons:

No real cons. Could have more walk through setup wizards that could setup things for you. It can get confusing when you have a large system and need to make changes.

Planning & Investment Analyst in US

Solid VOIP System

Comments: My experience with Jive was a pleasant one. At the time it was a significant upgrade from our old system and is certainly an adequate solution for a small office with a VOIP need.

Pros:

At the time that our firm made the switch to this system it was a major improvement to our old phone system. For the first time we were able to have custom call handling rules, we could assign temporary voicemails without terminating the standard voicemail, and we had the visibility to see if other team members were on the phone from our own desks.

Cons:

What I have learned since moving on to a different software is that competitors allow much more customization in the dial plan, address book, e-faxing, and vacation planning. While this system is perfectly adequate for a home office or simple office, it is not conducive to a large network of employees.

Jodi
Practice Manager in US
Medical Practice, 11-50 Employees

Satisfied Practice

Comments: I am quite satisfied with Jive. My practice is a small surgical center with a satellite office. When opening the satellite office, instead of having a separate phone number, we were able to purchase phones and create extensions that allow us to transfer calls between offices and eliminates the patients having to call multiple numbers. Jive is very reasonably priced as well.

Pros:

I began using Jive having received no training from the person I replaced. Every time I have called Customer Service, which trust me, has been a multitude of times, the person I spoke with has been very professional and helpful. They always take time to ask how your day is going and at the end of the call ask if there is anything else they can help you with.

Cons:

I currently have no complaints related to Jive.

Kris
Owner in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51-200 Employees

Jive Communications positive experience

Pros:

Jive did a great job of incentivizing making the change to VoIP with a great deal on the equipment needed to get started. They managed the set up process well and the customer support was excellent. Love the Management panel for building out answering queues, ring groups and auto attendants.

Cons:

The Fax interface is not robust and is prone to crashing and needing to power cycle. We have had some marginal problems with quality from time to time and we did need to change our Router to a more expensive router to handle the phones. That was not clear from the beginning.

Ingrid
Manager in US
Legal Services, 2-10 Employees

Pretty Good

Pros:

We used a different VOIP service before and the service kept on going out, but, with Jive, the service has been flawless. Whatever you need to add to your phones or change, they seem to have something to accommodate your request, or they make some changes in their system in order to add the feature that you asked for. Great customer service (once you get to speak with someone).

Cons:

- Make it either voicemail by phone or voicemail via email. Getting it both ways is cumbersome. - The wait time is really bad.