• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5
    4.7 /5

About Hunter

Cloud-based email search solution that helps businesses find emails on company websites, verify domains, compose follow-ups, and more.

Learn more about Hunter

Showing 25 reviews of 424

Dhahna H.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2019

"Hunter has allowed me to work less, with more reward"

Comments: Their customer service is superb. They get back to you within a couple of hours and help you out with any questions you have outside of their FAQs, which answer most. I'm a part of a small company that relies on garnering leads for our clients and have tried other services but they don't compare.

Pros: The google sheets add-on makes it super easy to search for emails and parse my results. I also appreciate that with your subscription it only counts requests when they've found an email, not just searching for one.

Cons: I'd like to be able to search for emails AND verify them through google sheets instead of having to bulk verify the emails found through the hunter.io site.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2019
Himanshi S.
SEO Executive
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2020

"Amazing Tool and Customer Support!!"

Comments: Great work guys.. The tool is amazing.. And to the top of that the customer service is superb.. I emailed the customer team on 23 March as I had some IP issues related to my account and I could not use the extension, it was so annoying for me that I needed to send guest post proposals and I could not fetch the emails to contact the people.. Being a part of SEO department its like my daily bread and butter but the moment I emailed the customer team, I got an immediate response within 15 minutes asking for issues I am facing and guess what my problem got fixed within 12 hours of request even during this COVID 19 outbreak.. Amazing work guys, you are assisting your customers with so much promptness even during this tough time. Keep it up..

Pros: The main feature is of extracting email ids of the websites even when the emails are actually nowhere on the website's contact page, it's so easy to get the emails that too department wise like editorial, marketing, etc.. The Google Chrome extension which is offered by hunter is so easy to use and hassle free..Super email hunter tool..

Cons: No con as such, just a suggestion please increase the monthly limit for hunter extension for free users..

• Reviewed on 24/03/2020
Aravind N.
Advanced Researcher
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2018

"Hunter a multipurpose recruiter friendly tool"

Comments: It is used for generating and validating emails for recruiters

Pros: Hunter is one of the earliest tools available online for generating business emails. Hunter now has many features, other than generating business emails, it validates the emails not only single email it has bulk email validation option also. It has free version for users with credits per month. Hunter also has CRM integration option for users to add and email candidates with tracking option. Hunter has also paid subscription options for users with low cost affordable plans. The domain search option can be used to search emails that are found online and are verified. Overall it is a good tool for recruiters.

Cons: Hunter is one of the best tools that is used to get business emails for most of the companies but it has its limitations also. It finds emails for big companies and medium companies but for smaller companies it is very rare to generate emails. The email validation sometimes shows bad emails for good working email also, so it has to be improved. In some cases it is not able to validate certain domains so that category has to be improved. Hunter deducts credits for generating emails but it also deducts credits for validating the emails which it generated. It doesn't work with LinkedIn. With all small improvements this tool can be a best tool online for recruiters and sales people.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2018
Christopher W.
Marketing Campaign Manager
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2018

"Excellent. The staff is great. The sense of urgency in response is incredible. 10/10 service."

Comments: Using this account the last three months, we've seen a massive benefit attributed to:
- Developing focused Marketing Campaigns
- Number of high caliber clients being signed purely from locating a proper RPC. - Increase in momentum from rising sales figures. Additionally, this program has opened the realms of limitless to our staff. We're now able to choose our own industries to tackle (industries of our interest) because we're confident in our ability to now find the correct correspondent for our pitch.

Pros: The ease of access and search criteria. So many other sites require too many components to conduct a thorough search. I am very pleased with the limited information I can provide for prospecting with such massive results on the other end. To date, solely using the free service, my agency has built contracts with various clients amounting to roughly $500,000.00 USD. The ROI is ridiculous if you put effort into your market campaigns.

Cons: There is very little I don't like about this service. One thing I can mention is, I suggested to eliminate the "additional search" when browsing different departments - or every 10 results. Additionally, sometimes I've experienced having to search the same URL again and being deducted a search. All in all though, those issues are very small in comparison to the benefits provided using this service.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2018
Associate Analyst Intern
Investment Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Very Helpful for Finding Email Addresses"

Comments: I use Hunter to find email addresses for CEOs of companies. This is key in my business, and without Hunter I would not be able to do my job, because CEOs don't usually leave their emails lying around. Hunter is very helpful in figuring out the email format for a specific company, and then I can use the verify tool to figure out the CEO's email. Hunter leaves me confident in knowing that my sent emails won't bounce back to me. Overall, very happy with the software and it is a huge time-saver.

Pros: I like how Hunter has both domain search and verify features. The domain search is great for finding emails for a given website, and works more often than not. However, sometimes the domain search doesn't give you an email--this is where the verify tool comes in handy. When you are familiar with email formats, you can use the verify tool to test out various emails before you send out your email.

Cons: Although Hunter works the vast majority of the time, I have had instances where I have been given wrong emails--even though these emails were said to be verified. Hunter can also sometimes get tripped up if emails have a period within them. You also only get 100 free searches per month with Hunter.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2018
Robert P.
New Business Development Rep
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Hunter as an email search tool"

Comments: Overall it has gotten much better but still has a ways to go. The issue with both companies is the quality of the email addresses. With both companies they each will provide invalid emails every once in awhile. When this happens I then check a third company to get a balanced view. When Hunter rises to the task and can provide data on almost all companies I search then I will consider switching

Pros: Ease of use. I am a non-paying user. Hunter now has many more of the URL I search for. What I like best about Hunter is they often provide a telephone number. I only use Hunter and one other similar company which I do pay for despite not providing telephone numbers.

Cons: My only complaint is they need to somehow gather more Companies URL and associated human data. It is a matter of how many good quality human data emails & titles I can get quickly.

Mia L.
Director of Business Development Software Solutions
Business Supplies & Equipment, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"Using Hunter IO"

Comments: I am able to update my CRM fast by having the correct contact info

Pros: This is a super fast and easy way to find out correct contact information. I can do my job 10x faster.

Cons: I can use my 100 credits every month and run out every time, however is I go 1 step up and pay for 1000, I can't use all of those. The credits do not roll over so you lose what you don't use.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Sales and Marketing Operations Lead
Internet, 51-200 Employees

"LOVE Hunter"

Comments: Switching to a paid version has been great - nice to capture leads throughout the day and handle everything in one export

Pros: We've found Hunter to be extremely valuable as a simple prospecting addition to our sales and marketing efforts. Makes adding new emails a snap

Cons: I only wish that it could fine more email addresses, and had additional information (more than it already does) related to each prospect

Marketing and Communication Executive
  • Reviewed on 23/10/2019

"Best way to find email addresses from any website"

Comments: Hunter makes marketing outreach so simple. If I like a blog or website and want to reach out to them I can extract the editor's email through hunter.

Pros: Hunter lets you draw email ids from anywhere, I don't have to prepare a sheet and accumulate all names and domains, I can just open a website and copy email addresses from that website.
They also provide the names and designation these days which is so helpful. And it counts just 1 lead for 100 emails drawn from 1 domain. I can check later which email address is active or not and send my campaign to the prospectives ones only.

Cons: Its a bit expensive. I try to make full use of it but 1000 emails for a month is really less.
Other than that hunter is by far the greatest tool for extracting emails in bulk and individually.

Andrius M.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Great experience, using it a lot. It truly is a helpful tool."

Pros: *One of the most accurate email finders I've tried. Great level of accuracy.
*Comfortable and easy to use.

Cons: * Verifier could be done instantly or have an additional button right in the 'Finder' section.
* Need for an additional solution, when the email server accepts all the email addresses.
* It would be also great to adjust to Dutch and Spanish names. Sometimes need to play manually with different variations, because the contact people usually have more than two names.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2018
Senior SEO Executive
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2019

"The best & free tool to find email address of people"

Comments: Overall Excellent user experience! Their service is valuable and free

Pros: I really like the simple process Hunter follows, you just need to put a website and boom! you get email ids of people working there. I use this tool for outreach and it's best one I have found for free

Cons: Sometimes the email ids which they provide are incorrect and it wastes time to reach out to them. They can make their index better by getting more email

• Reviewed on 16/03/2019
Mick D.
Business Development
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2020

"Verified emails that actually get delivered"

Comments: Great overall experience, and their support is friendly/responsive.

Pros: Email verification does a great job of filtering out anything that is going to bounce. This helps protect the integrity of the domain you are sending from.

Cons: Would like to see Hunter add the ability to search for contacts by company size, industry, etc. Rather than needing to search by domain name.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2020
Rohit P.
Account Manager
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2019

"Hunter Review"

Comments: Overall it's a handy business tool and a great product. In fact, it's the best email finding tool.

Pros: It is so easy to use and response time is just blinking of eyes. You type the prospect and domain and get the result in no time. It's a very simple software to use whenever you want. It comes with all the features required for the lead generation.

Cons: There is nothing to dislike but there is a problem, Hunter always provides email whether it's correct or not.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2019
Kiran P.
Managing Director
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2019

"App To Easily Find The Email Address Of Prospectus"

Pros: Through Hunter.io it is easy to find the email addresses of professionals and employees of any particular company or organization through entering its website URL.

Cons: Though it quickly finds the email addresses through website URL, all the emails might night be working or genuine.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2019
Bob M.
GM
Computer & Network Security, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2020

"Hunting"

Pros: Hunting is part of sales and Hunter is a very useful tool.

Cons: 95-98% verification levels help develop confidence in the product.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2020
Jovan M.
Performance Marketing Specialist
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"It's saved my time when I need collect emails for outreach"

Pros: Wheather you are the marketer, salesperson, link builder Hunter.io is one the quickest solution to collect emails. The interface is very clean, and software is easy to use. Well done.

Cons: I am satisfied in general. Some new features are always welcome. Integration with Linkedin maybe can be improved.

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Sr. Online Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"Excellent customer service! Useful app for finding leads and contacting them."

Comments: The chat support feature has been really helpful. Rep is awesome and was quick to respond and provide the steps to get the account set up properly! A+ customer service. Outreach (sending emails to leads) is great feature, but can use some additional updates to make it even more intuitive. ie emails to a specific person should address their name and general emails should address the company/team.

Pros: ability to find emails outside of general support

Cons: Bulk upload feature and emailing leads can use some updates. I had to clean my list first to provide clear domains in order for Hunter to find the leads. Some setting changes were required in order to get my account set up properly but support chat was very helpful. I couldn't figure out how to address direct leads by name and general leads by company/team name. I manually made changes before it the emails went into queue

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018

"Hunter has made my prospecting much easier and more efficient"

Pros: - ability to find all email addresses that exist on a website
- the Verify function that enables me to confirm if an email actually works
- the research tool to help find someone's email by just knowing their name and email domain

• Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Business Development Intern - Smart Products & Online Retail
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2018

"The best way to collect many contacts just browsing the web"

Pros: What is super nice with Hunter is that it is very easy to use. You can just add the plugin to your browser, like Chrome, then you can activate it and when surfing on most websites you'll be able to collect all emails the plugin can found in the domain. If you want to do business development and grow your business by contacting many partners/brands/clients, it's probably a super efficient way to have contacts easily.

Cons: On some brand new websites/with low frequentation, it can fail. Also, you can't collect emails on linkedin unfortunately, despite the fact that it's one of the more important database for emails. Besides, sometimes it shows certain email addresses but it is not verified in fact, so it can be disappoiting.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2018
Maya P.
Events Manager
Events Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2017

"Hunter is a great tool and very simple in use."

Pros: I love the philosophy of Hunter team to have a more open and transparent professional world. It's great to have not only a tool to find peoples' contacts by domain or company name but also a '360 degrees search' : from finding e-mail addresses, phones, titles, names and verifying to Bulk search where you save so much time. I can't live without hunter now in my everyday's activities.

Cons: Overall I would say nothing - all is good )
I would just suggest in a 'Search' section to mark with yellow button those emails who have confidence score less than 90 but higher than XX. It could help a lot to immediately see the addresses that are most effective. Now there are only 2 colors Green and Red for the very low confidence score.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2017
Brent lionel M.
Co-Founder
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2018

"Hunter was really great before until LinkedIn remove it from integration tools"

Pros: When I started lead generation on LinkedIn before,their integrated with them was very helpful in getting emails of LinkedIn users until LinkedIn stop it already. Anyhow, it still easier to get email from websites if you use to this tool. I still use it to get email from certain blogs and websites though up to now.

Cons: The tool is really great it finding emails and testing if they are valid or not.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2018
Jussara A.
Publisher
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Great product"

Pros: Everything! It is very helpful to everybody in need to get a hold of any company personnel.

Cons: As already said, everything in this product is perfect. Nothing to say about "least".

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Sam M.
Sdr
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Great for finding emails"

Comments: Again, the ease to find business owners emails with hunter is so nice. Not having to scour the internet for an email is so nice.

Pros: I like that it’s so easy to find emails with this product. With my job reaching out to the right person can be difficult and hard to get their contact information. Finding emails on websites so fast with hunter is awesome.

Cons: Using the free trial I’m not too picky with the service. It would be nice to have more searches but that’s what paying for it gets you.

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Lewis H.
Principal
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"this is amazing software, I use it almost daily and it is very accurate"

Pros: easy to install and easy to operate. it accurately finds email addresses that are not easily found.
a must of any sales organization. it will help get your message to the right people.

Cons: the only reason I am writing in this box is it wont let me pass without something here really this product rocks

• Reviewed on 04/04/2018
Market Research Analyst
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"Accurate info and easy to use"

Pros: I can view all the contacts of a company that’s available with Hunter.io
To copy an email ID, I just have to click and it’s copied. That easy! Also, it searches contact info from the web and not their database

Cons: Wish they gave more than 100 free trials

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019