• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5

About todo.vu

CRM, task management, time tracking and billing for teams, agencies, freelancers and consultants.

Learn more about todo.vu

Rudy M.
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2020

"Free Trial not enough to evaluate - might as well be scrapped"

Comments: Frustrating

Pros: The look and feel, and the ease to create tasks, users and clients.

Cons: Installed desktop and IoS versions.
Mobile app hangs when trying to change workspace.
Mobile user cannot sign into same workspace, making the whole thing useless.
The lack of integrations.

by Kitovu on 10/05/2020

Rudy, thanks for your feedback.

We frequently extend the free trial for anybody who asks, so had you contacted us we would have gladly provided more time. I noticed that you've only had the trial for just 1 day - the free trial provides all premium functionality so I would really appreciate knowing what more you would find useful.

Checking your account I can see that you only have 1 workspace so there would be no need to change workspaces in such a situation.

We are unaware of any issues with the mobile app, but certainly, if you were to provide some info on what you experienced, we would investigate immediately.

If you've any interest, I'd be more than happy to talk to you more about how todo.vu works via email or a phone call.

Either way, I wish you all the best.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2020
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Recent convert to ToDo.vu and we love it!"

Comments: We are new to this system, but the customer support has been stellar. It also combines two or three systems we were using previously all into one. It's clean, intuitive, and easy to use. The built in timer is far and away the best one we've used as a company.

Pros: The UI and ease of use for this software is amazing. You can also search for tasks by almost any category you can think of. It's also "spam free" because you have to set up customer emails in the system for emails to be accepted. The reporting functions are awesome, and the built-in billing could be a huge asset if you're looking to integrate billing and reporting all in one spot. Customer support and responsiveness is THE BEST!

Cons: There are some features that are lacking, but I think that's due to how new the software may be. That being said, the support is top-notch and they listen to their customers, implementing things their customers need.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Angela H.
Copywriter
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2021

"Great platform for time tracking!"

Comments: I've enjoyed using it and definitely plan to keep on using it. For now I'm using the free solo option because that's all I need. If things change in the future I'll have no qualms upgrading. :)

Pros: I only use todo.vu for tracking my time. As a freelancer it's super important to keep an accurate time log, however it's also something I'm not good at. Todo.vu is great! You add a client, a project and a task and hit the stop/start button to time your activity. Easy peasy.

Cons: I didn't find it super intuitive from the get-go, but to be fair this probably has more to do with me than todo.vu. I'm inclined to be quite old school. Lol.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2021
Teacher
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2019

"Simple project and task manager with inbuild time tracking"

Comments: I am impressed with the minimal but effective way of project management. It logs time, has a checklist for doing the task. I would like to see a time of copletitation in the checklist, a favorite and very important star sign like Google have in their email.

Pros: todo.vu have an old approach towards their UI. I really love the inbuild time tracking. It is a simple yet powerful project manager and I really like it.
I am impressed by how simple the workflow is for todo.vu. Its simple project and task are easy to handle. The task has a title description and checklist. This is all I need for my simple task and subtask manager.
Todo.vu has backlog time entry option, so I can create the task a manually add time to them.

Cons: Sometimes autosave can't reach the server and failed to save all the document which I have to recreate. The time start from -20sec. Sometimes When I click stop timer it didn't stop and keep running.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2019
Mike R.
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"ToDo is a Must Try For Any Small Business"

Pros: Ease of use and user interface is attractive

Cons: All I need now is a reliable mobile app and to link this with the Microsoft suite

by Kitovu on 27/08/2019

Mike, thanks for the great feedback. The mobile app development is almost complete. Not too far away now.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Scott J.
Owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2018

"I love this young app which serves many functions and is growing fast"

Comments: To review a worthwhile program that's up and coming but not yet getting noticed much.

Pros: It does all this: Project and task manager, time tracker, CRM, collaboration tool and billing. Each is easily accessed, intuitive to understand and use. This is a project for which the CEO is passionate about: he will assist with technical issues as he wants to understand how we use the service and the problems we have so it can be improved.

Cons: There's not much to dislike, though I wish there was an iPhone version. The CEO says it's in the works. The timer doesn't trigger automatically when there is inactivity. This too is on the roadmap.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2018
Writer/Editor + Virtual Business Specialist
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2018

"ToDo is Fantastic!"

Comments: We're using ToDo.vu to manage client tasks, track time, make notes, and collaborate on work. It is more streamlined than our previous management systems, and far less expensive. It's a win all around!

Pros: The built in time tracking - right in the same screen as tasks - is incredible! it has allowed us to capture more time and have fewer small increments fall through the cracks!

Cons: Unfortunately, we've had to do some workaround with repeating tasks and changing plans for our clients, but it's a relatively minor setback for all of the good things about this system!

• Reviewed on 10/08/2018
Carlos G.
Partner
Civil Engineering, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2018

"Hangs Up when creating "my First Workspace""

Comments: Nothing

Pros: I was unable to test it so it is difficult to say anythin

Cons: I just hanged up when trying to create a workspace, so, I decided not even to get it a try

by Kitovu on 06/09/2018

Carlos, I'm very sorry to hear of your experience. We have many thousands of active users so I'm sure this is an issue related to your setup. As with any web application, the performance will depend on your internet connection, your web browser and any plugins you may be running. If you contact our support at [email protected] then we will happily schedule a call to help you out.
***POST NOTE***
We managed to contact Carlos and discuss the issue. He tried again and it worked with no issues. So it does appear to have been a temporary connection issue related to his location and setup. To our knowledge nobody else has ever reported a similar issue and we have never been able to replicate the problem on any of our test systems.

• Reviewed on 29/08/2018
iOS Developer
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2018

"An average and cost effective todo management for users"

Pros: - Todo.Vu is great when managing very small amount of project and tasks
- The pricing is good, and have a free option to try out before use

Cons: - The UI is not modern and the UX is bit bad, which lacks the feel of using modern app
- There is no mobile application provided which is essential nowadays.

by Kitovu on 31/07/2018

Thanks for your review. If you have any specific concerns about the UI I would encourage you to email us directly with suggestions, we really are keen to hear constructive feedback.

The UI is built on a very modern ReactJS framework. This provides us with auto save of all inputs, very fast server responses and compatibility with all modern browsers. But there is always room for improvement of UI elements.

I look forward to hearing from you directly.

• Reviewed on 30/07/2018
Seray Ö.
Architectural Project Coordinator
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2021

"todo.vu is such a great collaboration software for technical design projects"

Comments: todo.vu is a user-friendly technical design project managmeent program that helps us to manage all aspects of our project designs from one single platform. Pricing plan is extremely affordable and worths the price.

Pros: User interface is great, we can use the platform with full features without problem thanks to its user-friendly inteface. Customer service cares about the cases we report them and they are fast to solve the problems. $9 per user, per month is quite affordable price when compared with the other alternatives and when features are counted.

Cons: Indeed todo.vu works in a great way so far that's why there is nothing serious to mention as negative so far. Maybe third party inegration library can be extended with new programs.

by Kitovu on 10/04/2021

Thanks Seray, I appreciate you taking the time.

• Reviewed on 02/01/2021
Rico A.
Consultant
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2018

"Todo.vu is great to use and document my activity and thoughts on projects I'm working on."

Comments: It helps me to easily keep up-to-date on my activities in my projects.

Pros: Ease of use, sits in the background and is updatable whilst you work. I also like that you can log time against the jobs.

Cons: There is nothing that immediately comes to mind that I dislike about the software. The only thing I can think of is the interface is a little generic perhaps? I'm thinking about MS Online interface as a more modern looking one, but this is not a big deal IMO.

Debjit B.
Freelancer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2018

"Nice project task manager but average billing features."

Comments: I love the time tracking feature, it is the only reason I am still using this service. One click and you get all the details on your tasks and project. This helps me to see and manage my time really efficiently. Manually logging time also gives me the ability to add time in a single invoice. Billing and CRM features are OK, I really don't use them much here. todo.vu needs to work on their UI better. All the menus overlapping I don't like. As a freelancer, it is a really good tool for my business.

Pros: I am using todo.vu for quite some time to manage some of my project and daily driver. It did very good work for track time for tasks and manage projects. Average billing facilities. You need to spend some time on this software to use as a daily driver. The task manager, todo list and project manager is confusing at first and need to get used to due to their UI.

Cons: Set up time hi huge. I think a better getting started wizard will help to set up quickly. The calendar view of todo is really needed to visualize my past work, with notes so I can found my last and latest updates.

by Kitovu on 29/11/2018

Debjit,
Thanks so much for such great constructive feedback.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2018
Donna E.
Design and Production Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/08/2018

"Overall great piece of software allowing us to track our department's productivity"

Pros: The billing and report area makes it easy for us to generate monthly reports for our financial director to allocate our salaries to for his activity based costings. I like that you can add time manually at the end of the day if you have forgotten to track a particular task. Breaking the navigation down from client, to project, to project tasks is a great way to organise our workload and our team of seven can see at a glance what each other are working on great for remote workers who are not always based in the same office.

Cons: The inhouse tasks don't show in the billing area so it's tricky to add them to our monthly report. Having to add on manually at the moment. However, the developers are working on adding in this feature. Customer service is great and always feels very personal - they take on board any feedback given which is very helpful.

• Reviewed on 02/08/2018
Photographer
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"Task manager with inbuild time tracking."

Comments: I was looking for a basic task manager to utilise time more efficiently and manage it. Todo is one of the best option available.

Pros: I am very happy to use todo.vu. It helps me with tracking time spent on a task. As a photographer, I work hourly basic. Now I can charge my client on the basis of time spent on the job.
The project as a folder helps me to keep everything in one place. Some times task needs a manual time adding for jobs like outdoor drone shot. I can easily add this time and bill later. Now when I can see how much time I need for a certain type of project, I can use time more effectively and earn some extra bucks.

Cons: I can't search any task in the project. I have to be an inside project to search for a certain task. This features will be very helpful.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
manager
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2020

"a To-do List, taken to business"

Comments: In general, happy. At work it is useful, and you can even use it in your private life

Pros: Useful. It is a type of CRM in which you can monitor tasks, objectives, budgets, and follow-up of clients, employees, equipment, fulfillment of objectives.

Cons: An update with "recurring tasks periodically" is pending. They usually respond quickly to ideas and suggestions, so there's not much bad to say

by Kitovu on 23/01/2020

Thanks for your feedback and support.

Please do get in touch with me directly about the recurring tasks and we can discuss your requirements and options.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2020
Sean C.
Environmental Services
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2017

"Fantastic platform that has made our entire team more efficient. Easily the best productivity app."

Comments: Significantly improved team wide productivity, cohesion and communication.

Pros: The functionality is the perfect balance between quick to use and robust. Too many products are either lacking functionality or are far too burdensome to embrace. This walks that line perfectly.

Cons: The CRM functionality could be stronger as it doesnt perfectly track the experience of leads into prospects into closed deals without some internal hacks.

• Reviewed on 24/11/2017
Lee O.
Accounting, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2018

"An excellent combination of time tracking and task management!"

Pros: Lovely clean interface. Everything is neatly organized and easy to access
Extremely flexible: Can enter tasks via email, the app or website
All in one solution: Schedule tasks, track how much time spent on them and then bill to client.
Great pricing: Free package for freelancers and then you can add features for larger teams at a reasonable price.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2018
Sophie S.
Administrator
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2019

"Simple Business Management Software!"

Pros: I like todo.vu because it has built-in billing and syncs tasks to a calendar of your choice. Also todo.vu's interface is beautiful and user friendly.

Cons: I have to be honest, todo.vu is a good product which focuses on things getting done.

by Kitovu on 20/05/2019

Sophie, thanks for your feedback and support.

Regards Tom

• Reviewed on 18/05/2019
Artist/Writer
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2020

"Todo"

Comments: it multi tasked what I needed,but it had too many other things I did not need to use

Pros: it was ok.the software multi task ready.

Cons: it was for multi task purposes.much info

by Kitovu on 25/03/2020

Thanks for taking the time to provide feedback.

• Reviewed on 23/03/2020
Diogo C.
Environmental consultant
Environmental Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2020

"Program for managing my daily tasks"

Comments: With this toolkit I can stay focused, meet deadlines, create alerts for activities to be performed. This allowed me to gain productivity and miss deadlines, all simply and practically.

Pros: This productivity package allows different workspaces, such as alerting to duties, projects, etc. color-coded labels differentiated by color, urgency, and importance, simple additional comments, work completion timer. As well as being able to share comments with clients and teams that are part of a project. Client listing and additional tasks, comments, and history. One cool thing is that emails can be sent by customers or me to todo.vu to create tasks. The developers offer support and services that are quick and interested in solving problems and getting honest opinions. I highly recommend the productivity package for both business and private life.

Cons: I noticed that this productivity package at some point remained occasionally stopped, which may have been caused by the low internet connection spikes, another problem that I cannot identify. Exporting saved contacts should be an easy and more intuitive task.

by Kitovu on 25/08/2020

Diogo, Thanks for your great feedback. I appreciate you making the effort. Do let us know if you need any further assistance.

• Reviewed on 18/08/2020
Anya M.
President | Creative Services
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2018

"I love using and so do my clients. Don't know how we could manage without it anymore."

Comments: Keeps my and my staff organized and our clients too.

Pros: Ease of use. Clean interface. The ability to email in tasks and to email responses into a task is fantastic.

Cons: Hard to find much that I don't like, but the filtering options when you're looking for a task, especially the done and archived tasks. It would like to see something that sorts them by Date Completed or something.

• Reviewed on 23/01/2018
Frontend Developer
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2018

"the app is very user-friendly and has a clean UI."

Comments: This app saves me from the stress caused by having to keep track of all my coding tasks and the time and the date spent on each task. I found out such a need when I started having to report my working hours. Thanks so much for the amazing app.

Pros: The ability to create multiple subtasks by pasting in predefined bullet points. The ability to add a time budget to a task to know if I'm still in good progress.

Cons: the bug that often happens when reordering subtasks. The unability to see my time spent on tasks in previous days when a task is being timed.

by Kitovu on 22/01/2018

Thanks for the great feedback. I'll make sure we look at reordering the subtasks and figure out what you are experiencing. And the option to see time on previous days should be possible - email that one to [email protected] directly so I can help out.

Selwyn F.
Director and Financial Advisor
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/08/2017

"A daily project management and todo list program used for my business and private life"

Pros: After trying so many, this one allows different workspaces i.e. business, pleasure, projects etc
colour coded labels for urgency and importance and simple additional comments added to the same task or project along with a time clock for the work completed.
Can share comments with clients and teams working on the same project.
Each client is listed and additional tasks, comments and narrative histories are kept saved and backed up by Kitovu
Best of all is that emails can be forwarded from clients or myself to Kitovu to create tasks. Developers provide extremely fast support and service like no other organisation and so are extremely keen to resolve questions and get genuine feedback.
Great value and I highly recommend it for business and private life.

Cons: None so far, all of my questions have been answered by the developer and the product is always being improved. Help is near when using Kitovu

• Reviewed on 24/08/2017
Kim B.
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2021

"Great Task Management System"

Comments: It has beneficial for us to track clients & time spent. This helps us to determine our pricing, which is useful.

Pros: I love the way that I can task out our team based on client & project. Then view analytics about this. It helps in keeping track of employee's tasks, as well as how much time we spend on clients & projects.

Cons: When it comes to media, we would love to be able to share inside the app. We were able to do this in the beginning, but soon filled our data limit. Many of these files are not needed after the task is complete. In the help chat, I was able to gain access to the files in bulk - however there was no way to "select all" media & mass delete. I feel this would be a useful capability.

• Reviewed on 26/04/2021
Fidelis A.
sales executive
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2021

"todo.vu for project tracking"

Comments: My overall experience is impressive. Although is one of the first-hand project management software am using. They are supportive and very easy to set up projects.

Pros: todo.vu is a project management software. I use this software to manage our agency projects. It is a great software for freelancers as it helps me to list out the task I would like to carry to, set my due date, and start a count-down timer to measure the time it took me to complete each task and project. As a freelancer, I am rewarded to set up a task and project within the 14 days trial period so as to reduce my cost of the subscription. I can easily assign tasks and invite my team member via email to work on the same task. It is easy to use, easy to track projects and can be integrated with other app services.

Cons: todo.vu team needs to clarify and improve on their billing feature for new projects. They need to connect social media or other messaging platforms to help share the project progress with clients.

by Kitovu on 10/04/2021

Fidelis, thanks for your great feedback.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2021