15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Dolibarr

Open source solution for all around business management from customers and orders to invoicing and inventory.

Learn more about Dolibarr

Pros:

EAsy to install, large set of features, fully integrated.

Cons:

Many features are missing, customization is not easier, many bugs are found.

Dolibarr ratings

4.3
3.7
4.2
4.7

9.0/10

Dolibarr has an overall rating of 4.5 out 5 stars based on 103 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Dolibarr before?

Bryan
Bryan
Tailor in US
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed

Dolibarr truly is an all in one solution

Comments: In the time that I have been using Dolibarr, I have been able to better record and track customer inquiries that have then been turned into projects with invoices. I've also been able to directly tie expenses to projects to readily recognize if what customers are being charged is inline with expenses incurred by the business for the project. The more I have learned about the software, the more I have been able to think of better ways to integrate the software within my business.

Pros:

One of the things that I like most about Dolibarr is that it truly offers an all in one solution for my business (Sewing and Alterations) as it helps track every aspect of the business process.

Cons:

I haven't really found much that I don't like about the software as taking the time to learn the software has really been paying off.

Jean-Noel
President in France
Information Services, 11–50 Employees

Dolibarr as a Prospect/customer management and invoicing system

Comments: We create all prospects, customers, products (but just a few) and services and it is easy to create them. the software help us a lot to make the follow-up of invoice payments.

Pros:

The software is quite easy to use. A lot of plugins can help to manage better the company and the leads/proposals. Update is better even if they can still improve it

Cons:

For the contract management for employees, the features are too lights !

Talha
Talha
Assistant Manasger Finance in Pakistan
Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ Employees

Dolibarr to manage finance and account

Comments: Overall at this level, this software meet requirements with some headache, much modifications was made by our devolpers.

Pros:

Very easy to configure, import, export of master data like materials, vendors, customers etc, of previous erp is sophestically covered. Invoicing, banks, account, reconsillation is ok, suitable for small industries. User authorizations, checks and control is available.

Cons:

All business finance stratigies is not functional, like releasing payments etc. Some flaws found in invoicing status, margin report should be modified.

Alexis
Assistant technique in Lebanon
Libraries, 2–10 Employees

Good product, wish it will continue to evolve !

Comments: Well i use it for a litle library in lebanon. We bub books in france in euros, and sell it in lebanon in usd and LBP.
We also work in consignation, so we put our books in other stores... and we collect then the money each 2 month...

Pros:

I like that it has a very good process from proposal to facture. it's modular so i can select the modules i need. So i can chose the level of complication for the end user. I liked also to be able to buy some plugins that did something.

Cons:

Well, it's doing it's job ! i was a litle lost with the multi curency module. and a module for putting goods in a parthner store (and getting out of the my stock) but doing facturation when it is sold by the parthner. would be realy nice. in french we call this "consignation".

Virgilio
CIO in Portugal

quality opensource

Comments: As I said, I use and indicate dolibarr for professional and personal purposes as well, from inventory control management to financial control.
I am happy to work with a secure system that also provides me with solving the sometimes serious customer issues regarding database and customizations.
I developed in it a feature of the Brazilian Invoice. This was one of the developments that I performed with total satisfaction.

Pros:

I like dolibarr easy to customize, safe to use and practical to solve problems.

Cons:

from the lack of plugins or third party resources available to it. On the other hand, I believe this is due to the fear of giving credit to software that could topple big ones in the market.

Mohammed
CEO in Nigeria
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Dolibarr is Excellent Open source ERP

Pros:

The fact that it's free and well maintained. Has very vibrant user community

Cons:

Lack some functionality and flexibility needed to make ir universal.

Anthony
Anthony
Freelance webdesigner & marketeer in Belgium
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

My weekly assistant

Comments: I have been using Dolibarr for more than a year now and I absolutely love it (and so does my accountant). As a freelancer I used to work in Excel and keep track of my leads in a separate CRM. This was becoming quite difficult to track vendor and client invoices nationally and internationally and if I wanted to add something to my CRM, I had to pay for an upgrade. With Dolibarr I can do everything myself and expand the field I require.

Pros:

The amount of flexibility in this software is massive. Every single function is customisable and the functionality that is already included out of the box is everything a starting company needs. I'm using the CRM and invoicing module every week. My accountant has her own login to view and download all supplier and client invoices.

Cons:

The software has some learning curve. I host the software on my own server so if you don't know how to do this yourself, you probably will have to hire someone with technical skills. You are actually buying a lego-box but still need to build the castle yourself so you will have to put in some hours/days to set everything up.

Josep Lluís
Josep Lluís
CEO in Spain
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

A great ERP/CRM easy with PHP language

Comments: Small bussiness or Entities that need a ERP/CRM very cheap.
Also small bussiness or Entities that need a very personalized ERP/CRM for their needs.

Pros:

Uses the same programming language that Wordpress, Drupal, o Prestashop. Very easy to install in most common hostings. Good and open community. Free licence GPL.

Cons:

More events or meetups in countries that uses Dolibarr for interact with other developers and customers.

Daniel
IT in Germany
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Perfect CRM

Comments: We are using dolibarr for our whole business process, from customer contact management to invoice.

Pros:

- The system is a webbased CRM Suite - there are many modules for different cases - the system hast it's own Customer Portal - Own API

Cons:

- Some modules are not working at all correctly. (But please remember that it's a open source Project)

Marco
Marco
IT Administrator in Ecuador
Retail, 11–50 Employees

Open source with all its power.

Pros:

By saying that it is open source does not imply that it is a software to be taken lightly, due to the constant support it receives from companies and programming enthusiasts immersed in the development of the platform. It is easily installable in the cloud allowing access from anywhere in the world, it has clients that can be installed on Windows or Linux systems, its modular approach helps to run only the necessary modules without having to have everything installed.

Cons:

It meets the basic ERP needs of small and medium-sized businesses, but if you want to add features to help comply with your country's existing federal configuration, you will need customization that may require hiring an expert programmer.

Alain
President in France
Telecommunications, Self Employed

TPE, PME, association Dolibarr is for you

Comments: To manage our activity with a commercial in a town, a technical team in another country and a financial manager on the road, DOLIBARR is a tool located on a IONOS server. We are able to work together and to follow the activity in real time, to be able to estimate VAT, margin, ...
Each time an update is done we do not loos any data.
The ability to have a screen in one language to a user and the documents in another language is very usefull.

Pros:

The modularity , the reactivity of the development team, the general concept.

Cons:

The update is a too log process but in the other hand a very secure one.

GERMAN
FREELANCER in Spain
Graphic Design, Self Employed

A REALLY GREAT ERP

Pros:

IT IS OPEN SOURCE, MODULATED AND SCALABLE

Cons:

I THINK THAT THE USABILITY CAN BE IMPROVED

Teerapong
Technical Advisor in Thailand

OSS ERP for Small Company

Comments: I was looking for OSS ERP ,I found Dolibarr and have been using is since version 7, starting with my old small business and suggest to friends company who has small size.
They seem like to use this Dolibarr compare to maintain

Pros:

Easy to deploy in Webserver, easy to maintain with PHP and MySQL

Cons:

Report generation and configuration is not so flexible. Open Office Template are not available in some modules

Christian
CEO in Austria
Retail, 2–10 Employees

Best in class

Comments: We have a good usage for stock, customer invoices and suppliers - account would be next;

Pros:

We reviewed a lot of different erp systems and checked about ease of installation, maintenance and usability- dolibarr was best in class in all segments; we ate only missing a reliable support and a good documentation for the Interfaxes and extensions;

Cons:

Support and documentation;we need an interface for edifact and Workflows

Olivier
Owner in France

Dolibarr user since 2011. Now i manage my training center with two agencies with ease... No doubt...

Pros:

Simple to : install, configure, use, and update... As computer scientist, i also like th ease to move dolibarr across servers and so on.

Cons:

not able to hide field by configuration. Can be very easy by générating css to hide some field having a checkbox field list to show or hide a field. But for that : fields must have an id in html... And it's not the case.

kevin
Owner in Australia

Great Open Source Business Management System

Comments: Overall Dolibarr is a great system and i have to say is getting better in the last 2 years it has improved out of sight and is well worth looking at prior to version 9 it was not as good

Pros:

Very Cost Effective as it is open source and there is lots of community options for this platform

Cons:

unfortunately its SQL Structure is very french and European and the translation to English is lost sometimes and makes it hard to solve things with the language barrier

Vincent
Director in Mauritius
Wireless, 2–10 Employees

Great Open Source

Comments: I love Dolibarr and using it since version 2

Pros:

Cost v/s Productivity A lot of modules to buy

Cons:

Accounting limited No Hr Poor data analytics

Laurent
Project in France
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Integrator and developer since 2003

Pros:

The main feature of Dolibarr ERP CRM is its ease of use. It is easy to install, easy to use and easy to develop.

Cons:

Some modules/features are still missing, like a production module (planned for end of 2018), and reporting tools are missing

Claudio
System developer senior analyst in Italy

I daily works on Dolibarr and I think that is perfect to manage my web-agency.

Pros:

It's simple to use and to learn. Its structure based on modular approch lets to active only necessary features.

Cons:

Graphic interface. Template style is old. I think that would be very important to improve graphics interface in next release .

Awais
Awais
PPC Executive in Pakistan
Apparel & Fashion, 10,000+ Employees

Dolibarr For Business and SMEs

Comments: Overall god for traders, retailer. Not recomended for manufacturimg software, Dolibarr is imporving rapidily.

Pros:

Easy installation, module instsllation and devoloment suport. remotely access SAas and local server both ofering. many modules are available, auto email ttiggers communication .

Cons:

many features are missing, customization is not easier, many bugs are found. double invoice can be created for 1 transaction. Inventory uodation after Quality not available, many much more basic business sceneriors are missing

Internet, Self Employed

Dolibarr is the best in Pymes

Pros:

The versatility, easy of use, minimal requirements, software speed, from small to big the same answer.

Cons:

The lack of some things needed in Argentina. But nothing a developer couldn't do.

José Gabino
Admin Director in Mexico
Events Services, 51–200 Employees

Best basic ERP in the market

Comments: Our only ERP, we live in and with it every day.

Pros:

Open source, can be modified to suit your needs.

Cons:

Not enough developers in our area, difficult to modify to suit needs.

Udo
CIO in Germany

Dolibarr is top

Pros:

- web plattform - userinterface - modularity - lot of features - extrafields

Cons:

- some old code - no direct creation of delivery notes

AIDA
Account DPT in France
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

EASY TO USE

Comments: It was a very nice experience. I recommand this erp

Pros:

ACCOUNTING AUTOMATIC VENTILATION AND EXPORTING PURCHASE AND SALES JOURNAL, quote and invoice easy to use

Cons:

it is much faster to do data entries in a journal than in an invoice

Jacques
Jacques
Managing 8 in South Africa
Computer Software, Self Employed

Top ERP available

Comments: I've tested various other systems and keep going back to dolibarr

Pros:

Ease of use Mobile app Expansion ability

Cons:

Confusing setup Sometimes didn't install 1st time Could overwhelm unexperienced