Filter by:

• Overall

About ClickUp

ClickUp is the future of work - it's one app to replace them all. ClickUp is the #1 fastest growing productivity app in 2020.

Learn more about ClickUp

Showing 2,302 reviews

Morhaf N.
Morhaf N.
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2021

"ClickUp: my personal experience"

Comments: In general it's a very useful software for task management specially during the lockdown and working from home. we keep following up and tracking the team add notes and comments. We completed many projects last year and ClickUp was one of the tools to complete them successfully.

Pros: I like the dashboard in general, it's organized and easy to use, the list on the left of the projects and the dashboard itself, the coloring of each level of the task progress and when I change the view between the list and panels.
Other thing the ability to add comments and tags inside the task also add notes and attachments.
Also, one of the good features that it shows me my own tasks once I open ClickUp.

Cons: The notifications specially by email as it's spamming my inbox one I have a big number of tasks to do.

• Reviewed on 10/10/2021
Arlène V.
Wellness Consultant
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2021

"Does ClickUp really replace them all?"

Pros: ClickUp brands itself as 'the one app to replace them all'... and I have to say that the platform comes really close to becoming that one online hub one would need to manage projects. There's so much you can do with ClickUp, my favourite features are: – the overall design of its dashboard (on both the web, mobile and computer apps) – the fact that I can track time, as well as goals related to specific projects and tasks – the ability to send and receive emails straight from ClickUp – the fact that I can record my screen like I would in Loom – the automation of tasks and steps – the multitude of views I can use to look at projects and tasks The list is too long for me to write fully here on Capterra but I'm just going to say that ClickUp has been the best, most feature-rich project management tool I have ever used.

Cons: Having plenty of features is great but it can also be a challenge from a user experience point of view. It can be relatively easy to feel overwhelmed by everything ClickUp brings to the table, which isn't a good thing when looking at different project management tool options trying to find the best one for you. Also, to say that the Chat feature enables you to replace Slack is an overstatement because it isn't as robust as the one you can find in Slack or similar team communication apps. It's nice that's possible to communicate with others through the ClickUp Chat feature – as well as through integrations with Zoom and the likes – but there's still work to do before it gets to the level of Slack.

by ClickUp on 14/09/2021

Hey, Arlene!

Thank you so much for your review. It is good to know that our Clip feature is making it easier to share screen recordings and important information with your team.

We really appreciate your feedback regarding the Chat feature. I have found a feedback request for a new and updated chat feature and would love for you to vote and comment on it here: https://clickup.canny.io/admin/feedback/feature-requests/p/global-slack-like-chat?boards=feature-requests&search=chat

We are always here if you need anything and are so happy to have you as part of the ClickUp family.

Valerie R.
Freelance writer and editor
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2021

"Can't run my business without it. I recommend to everyone"

Comments: The lifeblood of my business. There's no way I could do what I do without it. Because of Click Up, I'll be able to escape cubicle nation soon!

Pros: So customizable. No matter what system you're used to, Click Up has a view for it, whether it's docs, lists, tables, kaban (looking at you, Trello lovers!) gannet, calendar, or timeline, all in the same package with no extra plug-ins or add ons. The automations are the true magic. It's like a to-do list that makes itself for you!

Cons: I get mixed up with the different roles. I keep adding people and getting charged. The customer service is awesome and always helps me, but I wish the charts detailing the abilities and costs with different roles was easier to decipher so I'd stop making mistakes. I wish it would give you a warning pop up before adding another seat when you'll be charged additional.

Alternatives Considered: Workona, Asana, Trello and Airtable

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Trello views and boards were too confusing and information would get lost, especially behind the cards. Basecamp is a mess. I don't know how anyone can stay organized or find anything in Basecamp.

Switched From: Workona, Asana, Basecamp, Trello and Airtable

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Cost and ease of use, customization, views, automations

by ClickUp on 13/09/2021

Hey Valerie!

Thank you so much for this awesome review! I am so glad that our integrations make it so much easier to get everything done in one place.

We really appreciate your feedback in regards to the pricing module on our doc website. We do have an amazing FAQ that details what is and is not charged within ClickUp here: https://docs.clickup.com/en/articles/2280598-billing-faq

If you need anything, please feel free to reach out here or at [email protected]

Nadav L.
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2021

"Many features and tools, all in one place"

Comments: I tried many similar tools and I've decided to stick to ClickUp because it's easy to use, has many features and they have a great, very responsive support team.

Pros: It lets me manage almost everything in one place. I use it for different use cases and it works great with some initial configuration.

Cons: I think the dashboard module could be much better.
Let me import and integrate data from other sources, need more design options, including basic ones like titles.

Alternatives Considered: Asana and monday.com

Switched From: Asana and monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Price and features

by ClickUp on 19/08/2021

Hey, Nadav!

Thank you so much for this amazing review! We are so happy that you are able to use ClickUp as your one stop shop for productivity.

I think being able to import data into dashboards is a wonderful idea. We would love for you to leave this request on our feedback boards: https://clickup.canny.io/admin/feedback/feature-requests/p/allow-external-data-into-dashboards?boards=feature-requests&search=import+data+to+dashboard

We hope you continue to enjoy using ClickUp in order to reach your full productive potential. Thank you again for your review.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2021
Cherry C.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2020

"I switched to ClickUp and Never Looked Back"

Comments: I explored so many tools related to Project Management and my team's task monitoring for years. But, it felt incomplete. There are features that other platforms has but was never rolled into one. When I came across ClickUp, i tried its free account. I fell in love immediately. It did not take me long to avail the paid account. I was surprised it did not stop there. They have been continuously evolving. All new features came from feedback they get from their customers. So, yes - i love that they listen to customers. And all features they deploy are adding value. Sorry if its all praises, ClickUp never paid me to do this *i swear*. I pay for their product and i'm soooo satisfied. Happy customer here.

Pros: It continuously evolving. It never stopped progressing and all those that they have been adding are all added value. I'm truly amazed how this tool have been helping me track all projects and initiatives we have been handling the past year. It made it easy for me to check in with my team and track down our progress on each individual tasks. This tool gives us strong collaboration and connection especially now that we are all working from home.

Cons: I super love this product but if there's anything i love the least is i hope they improve gantt / timeline view further as well as the Form view.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: It felt like Trello was limited on the project management side of things.

Switched From: Trello

• Reviewed on 20/10/2020
Len M.
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2020

"truely, one app to replace them all"

Comments: we needed an application that would help us manage several diverse projects in parallel, with as minimal overhead as possible while still being able to keep us on track. Ease of use and adoption was important for us also as a small company we cannot afford much downtime to train. we've developed several web/mobile apps ourselves and we must give kudos to the ClickUp team for an excellent job with their product. We are looking for to using it even more over the coming year.

Pros: excellent featureset ! we are able to move from one view to another seamlessly which has been great in helping manage our (too) many projects. The tool is very flexible / configurable as well. We've used many task/to-do/project management apps over the past decade and this ClickUp is definitely the most comprehensive and flexible we've used. Their tagline, "One app to replace them all." i thought a bit boastful...until we used it for a few week. They have earned the tagline...several times over... Also - we are still using the free version. Have not found it necessary to upgrade (yet).

Cons: minor..a few more videos on how best practices/how to use would be appreciated. Also - would love to be able to easily annotate / leave notes with pen input...though that may prove impractical.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist, Basecamp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: 1. the vast featureset 2. ease of viewing projects from different perspectives (timeline, board, mindmap, calendar...etc.)

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: 1. the vast featureset 2. ease of viewing projects from different perspectives (timeline, board, mindmap, calendar...etc.)

• Reviewed on 08/08/2020
James W.
Co-founder/Director
Staffing & Recruiting, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020

"Don’t bother with alternatives"

Comments: Wouldn’t work without it. It’s made everything in our business organised from development tasks to marketing everything is neatly compartmentalised and we know what needs to be done by who and when with as much detail, from high level to granular, as we want.

Pros: We used Monday for about 6-8 weeks and after paying a really high price, realised that they arbitrarily stopped us from having the use of certain features so I went on the hunt to find something else and I found ClickUp which ticked all the boxes and boxes we didn’t even know needed tucking.
It’s free up to a point so if you’re small, they help you to a point of being able to afford them which is just great and a stark contrast to Monday.
I’ve become a bit of an evangelist for ClickUp because their software has been so incredibly useful to us and we still haven’t given them a penny (but we’re due to soon and happy to).

Cons: There’s so much functionality that it takes a little getting used to but it’s worth it and for the level of functionality it has, it’s as easy to use as it could be.
The 2.0 version also has a few bugs but nothing critical and they roll out regular improvements.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 21/07/2020
Daniel U.
Daniel U.
Software Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

"Efficient Projectmanagement Tool"

Comments: I was using Gqueues, Checkvist, Targetprocess in paid versions before and they are good in the scope they are managing, but clickup integrates it all in one interface and works well between desktop and mobile. its consistent and easy to use and simple lists as a starting point. Targetprocess is more powerful in terms of kanban boards but also very complicated and less feedback for collaboration. using states and other features i am hardly using boards in clickup and i am very productive, but clickup is working to improve boards at some point. as it is the same database behind you can manage your projects in different views and pick the one which fits best in that situation. checkvist and gqueues are good tools but limited in scope and get into trouble if you manage bigger projects and get inefficient. clickup can be used to manage projects for business and private tasks seamlessly, so you can have your own personal list of all projects sorted by duedate and priority and workflow state, and still have restricted views in projects and lists with clients where they can only see a part of your clickup data. even your timesheet can be set personal, so that the client does not see the raw numbers. most features feel intutitive and fit my way of working. it helps me be more productive. also the chromeplugins lets you add bookmarks of pages easily so it also replaced my old bookmark solution, and now i can can schedule my "read later" and turn bookmarks into reasearch.

Pros: All your tasks are in one place and you can start as simple as one list and then structure them in bigger folders and projects. It is easy to share lists with clients to share progress and enable feedback and collaboration. Using dates on tasks you can have a daily list of todos over all your projects and never get lost in what is high priority. The tool is very flexible and you can define your own states and workflows and make it simple or complex.

Cons: It is still new software compared to other project management tools on the market, so some features are missing or not so smooth, but clickup is constantly developing and improving the user interface and adds useful features.

Jorge F.
Jorge F.
Senior Software Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2020

"Great software, endless possibilities."

Comments: I have obtained very good results using the SCRUM approach, since there are different ways to organize and achieve an elegant and simple process. Anyone, dedicating no more than 2 hours, can understand and use ClickUp in their business or their daily life.

Pros: One of the main characteristics of this software is its EASE OF USE, it allows you to focus on what is really important without neglecting the correct use of a methodology. Due to the above, the integration with our business model is excellent. In addition to having a series of functionalities that intelligently address the different processes that take place in any company, for example: - Control of the flow of development of various tasks by states.
- Goals & Portfolios
- Easy communication and reference to certain people on the team from any part of the application.

Cons: I am using the desktop version, and I have experienced: - Small performance issues, when I switch between different views, even if I have been there before, I suppose a caching strategy is being used but I think it could be revised/improved. - Real time is another of the main characteristics, but sometimes, the Goals view does not update when your objective tasks change state, regardless of the time, sometimes it is necessary to go to another view and then return.

Alternatives Considered: Jira, Asana, Wrike, iceScrum, Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Ease of use, elegant UI, wide variety of functionalities and easy integration, best prices.

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: For the same reasons that I stopped using Jira, and also because the other competing products have good functionalities but bad UI, or high prices, or poor integration.

Ace E.
Architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/04/2020

"An Architect's ClickUp Review"

Comments: Been beautiful times. I like push my software to perform as well as I do. I constantly question what the best way to use a tool is given the context surrounding it and the work. This platform is built to feel so flexible and powerful that my performance obsession is very satisfied.

Pros: The impact this software has had and might have was apparent immediately. The levels of customization will be intimidating to Type B personalities and the inflexible. Gauge how much of that you're working with prior to going in. As a person trying to manage complex, phases projects, the ability to tag and customize almost everything I see in this app is beautiful. Loving their constant updates and feature release. Always a sign I made the right choice on the app when it feels like developers care because the people care.

Cons: A lot of the complaints I have are already on their own internal to-do list. Things like resource planning are rolling out. The gantt chart feature isn't as flexible as the one in Asana. With every task taking up it's own, entire row on the gantt chart, I can't actually see the large amount of tasks and events I was used to in that app in a gantt view.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist, Asana and Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: They got some of the basics right, but when it came time to track customizable data within a large variety of types of views of that data, they can't come close. Plus, the Google Calendar integration on Asana was a joke. Been using ClickUp and Google Calendars together for months now and it's deliciously right.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Features for the price. Bang for the buck. The attention to detail and energy of community. Stood out.

• Reviewed on 09/04/2020
Bakari C.
Bakari C.
Freelance Writer & Web Content Developer
Media Production, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"Addresses Nearly All My Task Management Issues"

Comments: My experience with ClickUp has been very positive. I was able to import most my tasks in Todoist, the previous test manager I used, into ClickUp, and then clean up and organize those tasks where needed. ClickUp has a very attentive support staff that answers questions within 24 hours. So far I haven’t had any technical problems with ClickUp.

Pros: For years I struggled with task managers that only provided a linear view of tasks, with typically no calendar integration. I used several different test managers, but only when I stumbled upon ClickUp have I found nearly all the features I need for creating and organizing my tasks and projects. ClickUp contain a boatload of powerful features for viewing tasks in board, calendar, and this views. I like how I can create templates for the various ways I organize my tasks, and the application is equally great for enabling users to favor and pin selected lists and views for easier access. Furthermore, nearly each week ClickUp releases new updates for features that I never thought I would need. ClickUp is essentially my digital brain for the recurring tasks and projects that I need to get down on a daily and weekly basis. I get access to tons of features for only $60 a year. I think the price is reasonable and affordable.

Cons: The one important feature missing in ClickUp is that it for some reason doesn’t include reminders feature. I would like to be able to tag a reminder the triggers before a task is due. Though it’s great that ClickUp for start and end dates, that is as useful as setting reminders, which can be done in other task managers.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
Julian S.
Computer Officer
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2020

"Packed with features to assist productivity"

Comments: I've tried a number of other systems for productivity: typically for more than a year. However, for its flexibility of configuration, it is hands-down the most useful tool I have found for assisting my productivity and holding all the different tasks I have to do in one place and in a "sensible" order.

Pros: The Inbox and Next features, whilst a common look at a TODO list, are extremely well crafted and executed. However, complementing this functionality is the holistic approach to organising life: with spaces, and grouping of lists into folders - it's flexibility is what makes it one of the best TODO list management software's that I have ever used (and I have tried extensively a number of the key competitors). The ability to view tasks in different ways (e.g., calendars, Gantt charts, Kanban boards, etc.) makes it easy to organise projects and tasks in any way that facilitates you to be productive. Finally, the flexibility of being able to add any metadata to task in a flexible manner is really useful to facilitate having a single point of contact.

Cons: It takes quite a bit to set up, though this isn't hugely more than other productivity systems. In some ways it's flexibility can leave you challenged as to whether "you" have used it in the best manner to assist your productivity.

Katherine M.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/03/2020

"Game changer for work organization"

Comments: I use ClickUp daily for my work as a Product Manager of a software company. I keep track of everything to manage product development, like my own UX and Product tasks and coordinating upcoming releases with extensive checklists. I even started setting it up to manage the product backlog with a connected form so users can submit feedback and using Docs to plan future product features and brainstorm ideas. I also set up ClickUp access for my boyfriend to manage his small business, keeping track of his schedule and tasks, what customers need to be billed, and business development planning. I feel like I've finally got my work organized and a system built on the product that helps me stay efficient. I plan to use it for new businesses I'm hoping to start too, and recommend it to other businesses as a consultant. So I've used ClickUp extensively for different purposes and can't say enough good things about it.

Pros: I most like that the product is so easy to use, very clean looking, and can be highly customized. Being able to set up different views and select settings that work best for me (multi-sort order and custom statuses per list are just two examples) allow me to continue adapting ClickUp to my most efficient setup. Checklists and checklist templates have also been extremely useful! I love is the regular Friday releases, as I look forward to seeing new features offered and have confidence the product will keep improving, so really appreciate the fast development cycles.

Cons: The UI with opening tasks in a modal and having to go back afterwards can sometimes make things feel a little slow. Version 2.0 has greatly improved performance, so I feel this is fast enough to not be an issue, but a split screen view for tasks (from a board or list) would go a long way in making me feel I can jump around and make edits to items quickly. Aside from that, I wish it had a calendar that didn't require tasks to help manage my team's schedule, and some features to make linking to other records easier (like AirTable), which would allow me to drop other tools and consolidate even more of my work within ClickUp.

Alternatives Considered: Notion

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: I switched from TickTick for task management and Airtable for my company's product backlog because ClickUp had a lot of features I needed, I could have everything in one place, it let me run my own task management Kanban style, and offered a ton of functionality in the free version.

Switched From: TickTick

• Reviewed on 23/03/2020
Mortada A.
Development team lead
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2020

"A modern and very user friendly project management web app"

Comments: We do our software development management through ClickUp. We use mostly Scrum, and it works very well within ClickUp.

Pros: Having tried dozens of other project management options like Jira (both the hosted as well as the server editions), Asana, Breeze, Trello, Todoist and many more, ClickUp finally ended our search for an application which is easy enough to use, but also is flexible and powerful enough to customize to our needs. Things which really work well in ClickUp:
- Ability to share tasks/lists/dashboards/docs with people outside your organization
- Statuses actually are easy to set up and use (coming from the Jira hell...)
- Custom fields are very powerful and work extremely well
- Many user interaction details like always setting the mouse pointer at the right place after a load or an enter, many keyboard shortcuts, customizable views at user level etc.
- Easy and logical hierarchy to set up your project(s)
- Many tutorial video's and frequent webinars to get used to the application functionalities

Cons: - The mobile app is very lacking in features
- Considering the claim of "world class support", i find both the speed of response (I have a Business plan, the most expensive plan besides the unpriced Enterprise plan) and the quality of the responses very disappointing.
- No automation yet (this is being developed according to the ClickUp Roadmap)
- Dashboard data can only be shared with members who can view the tasks being reported on in the dashboards. This limits the benefit of sharing dashboards with customers greatly.

Alternatives Considered: Breeze, Todoist, Basecamp, Asana, Wrike, Trello and monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Jira is slow, buggy, very time consuming to set up, limited when trying to set up good reports and not easy to make accessible for members outside of your organization.

Switched From: Jira

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: easier to set up, much faster development of new features, better reporting, (in some cases) better pricing

• Reviewed on 16/03/2020
Fred G.
Technical and Institutional Capacity Building Officer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"A real boon for our planning and implementing activities"

Comments: The real advantage for us has been the ability to keep track of what others are doing as well as individually having these reminders. What we still need to develop is our goal setting and tracking, something we plan to do as we plan for the next year.

Pros: We had been searching for a good planning and tasking software for some time now that can be used online. We have really appreciated being able to break down the tasks on different levels, of projects and lists. It keeps us on task with email reminders and we are able to supplement our communication with one another. We have really appreciated the repeating tasks. The basic setup and use is quite simple and easy to learn, yet there is a real depth of options as activities become more complex.

Cons: There is not much we don't like. Sometimes there are changes with newer versions, and features we had been using are gone or done differently. That is not unique to ClickUp, but it can still be slightly disruptive.

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: We liked Rukovoditel, but it really required setting up everything from scratch. That allowed us to really have just what we wanted, but as a small team with limited tech skills, it has been really helpful to have a program that has most of what we need built in and functioning in ways that we just don't know how to set up in Rukovoditel.

Switched From: Rukovoditel

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: The boards of Trello are an interesting concept, but ClickUp seems to be a more natural way for us for viewing tasks. What is great, though, are the other options to view tasks that are similar to Trello if needed, but we are not bound by that.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Matthew N.
Matthew N.
CEO & Founder
Internet, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2019

"Finally a project management tool that is easy to customize and use"

Comments: Very positive. They have good promos that will let you get started with a 'permanent' discount. Their customer support is superb and overall I feel confident that their future roadmap will help them improve ClickUp even more.

Pros: The suite of features offered make it easy to tailor ClickUp to your on requirements. As a solo contractor I do not work in large teams, but still need a power project management tool to help me in my daily acitivities. ClickUp does this while keeping the price realistic and attractive for single users. Their new 2.0 version has improved the UI significantly and in combination with their integrations I am able to automate a lot of work saving me a bunch of time.

Cons: The number of features can seem overwhelming sometimes, especially when setting up your workspace for the first time. I would like to see their Google Chrome plugin also in the mobile Gmail app so that I can create tasks on the go. Mobile integration is poor forcing you to swith between apps to create tasks.

Alternatives Considered: Todoist and Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: The pricing setup for Asana was akward considering I work alone. Why would I pay for 5 seats when I only need one. ClickUp offered the same functionalities, and more, at 20% of the cost.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Flexibility in the product. Sometimes I need boards, other times I need lists. I can invite guests to ClickUp at no extra costs which both Trello cannot do, without them being only an observer. Todoist is simply too limited as a project management tool, but I used them for many years prior to switching.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2019
Eva W.
Journalist
Writing & Editing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2019

"Great app for staying on top of my workdays, tasks and projects"

Comments: Clickup has become the easiest way for me to organize my tasks per week because I can easily customize the lists-features to my needs. The best thing is that I can move all items around between lists per drag and drop (I created two lists, each with the five working days of the week: "Week A" and "Week B", because this is the best way for me). I can also plan out whole projects aside from my weekly schedule or combine the two. All lists appear in a neat sidebar. This way I can focus completely on the tasks for each day without having to look a the whole week. To distingish between jobs, I just tag them with different names and colors. And if a task is completed, I can check it "done" and it's gone. I really get stuff done now without getting stressed out anymore by constantly seeing my whole workload in front of me. Thank you, Clickup team!

Pros: I really like organizing my jobs and tasks with Clickup (free version) because it's a both simple and highly customizable app. As a freelance journalist I often have to switch a lot between many jobs and clients. If I don't stay organized, I can easily miss tasks – with Clickup I can really stay on top of it and quickly change my plan day to day if something unexpected comes up. I mostly work alone, which is why a lot of other project management apps (which are mostly designed for teams) aren't right for me. Clickup allows me to do both. The software works nicely both on my desktop and my smartphone. I can create tasks and organize them in individual lists, tag them and create subtasks. I can also add due dates or estimated times to each task if I need to, so I can plan both my to dos for the week and my (realistic) workload for the day.

Cons: I wouldn't change anything major, but like any great app Clickup's still missing some features :-) First and foremost I'd love a german version of Clickup. A real inbox to organize email and create tasks from it directly in Clickup would also come in handy (via IMAP and for any email provider, since I don't have either Outlook nor Google Mail). I would also like to rename the default (required) statuses and disable the "undo" popup in the left bottom corner, because it's really annoying when I remove a lot of tasks at once (they overlap my lists so that I can't use them until the popups disappear after a while). And last but not least: Some tasks are "in progress" for a long time but still far from "done". For example I sometimes work on just one text for many hours and I can't add any subtasks to that task. So I'd love to have a progess bar or circle to manually add the percentage I've already accomplished in each task (like in 10 % steps or so). This would greatly increase my motivation :-)

• Reviewed on 15/04/2019
Luis T.
Content Producer
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2019

"Highly Versatile for Personal Use and Teams"

Comments: ClickUp is the only free application that is powerful enough to work primarily as my personal productivity system. I use it to track my daily routines and remember to complete tasks by certain dates. Moreover, I've found it incredibly useful to outline processes and systems through subtasks and checklists, to help me create each blog post. Consequently, it is very simple for me to go through my checklists which probably saves my time and mental energy. Furthermore, it acts well as a huge database of things I need to do.

Pros: Due to a rich collection of features, ClickUp is very flexible thus a great app for the personal productivity system of a power user: I think it is best suited as an all-in-one place to put task items and have them organised. For instance, you can view tasks in a board, calendar, or list and view different scopes at different levels of task organisation. Also, custom fields allow further customisation of tasks, with templates to preserve ideal skeletons of tasks. Moreover, navigation is easy with various search functions and their respective hotkeys. The notepad (in the app and the browser extension) is great for remembering ideas and converting them into tasks later, since it saves a lot of time. Having apps on multiple platforms makes it convenient to use, alongside an abundance of integration opportunities (namely Google Calendar and PomoDoneApp, which is especially powerful when using tools such as Zapier. Official documentation, as well as a place to request features, are useful, too.

Cons: While certain features can be enabled/disabled between different "spaces", the vast number of features and controls can be, to some extent, intimidating and overwhelming. For this reason, it is a good idea to spend some time getting to know the software and how to use it. For example, I've found the recurring tasks to be quite confusing due to the sheer number of options—even for a simple daily recurring task. As a result, I've had to document when to use each setting for myself. With that said, I would like to see recurring tasks become even more intelligent by having recurrences depend on the "type" of day as well as the ability to suspend recurring tasks. This could be useful for a student with schooldays and non-schooldays, for example. Additionally, the notepad browser extension is unnecessarily floating above each webpage, so it would be better if it could be accessed solely by the extension button in the browser toolbar.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2019
Cherry W.
Photographer/ Owner
Photography, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2019

"For artists and small business owners, best of my top 5"

Comments: I hope they will keep on making it better, I want to see this app thrive, and as my business grow, I am interested to join more advanced plan.

Pros: I tried Monday, Quora, Trello, and Asana, I was going to paid for Asana and I asked a few photogrpaher friends. Someone suggested ClickUp. The name sounds too basic for me I thought, but then I realised it’s very similar to Asana, but easier to see everything. For someone who is dyslexic and easily get lost in a sea of words, Clickup’s layout helps me to keep multiple projects organised. My challenge of finding the right organisational app is that I am doing the sales and marketing, social media, providing the service and getting the money from clients. I need an app that allows me see different layers of project and be able to put them into calendar EASILY. It will list out tasks that don’t have a due date yet. You can put the starting date, due date and estimated time. What I need most is goal setting, it has multi style goals you can set. This is a paid service on Asana. This app although has some minor problems, but it’s just mild inconveniences. I love how they sneakily look at other apps and what they are doing right and what they are lacking. I feel like other apps are just shutting their eyes and designing something that they love. This app is simple to use, as an artist and a small business owner, this app helps me to feel in control of a mountain of minor tasks.

Cons: Calendar is my least impressed function. It’s so difficult to create a block of time and assign a task to the time. There are so many buttons to click and you need to press “done” after inputting the date or time value, if you forget, which you will, because no other calendars work that way, you will mess up the start and back due date, then you will have to start doing it all over again. I stop using this task to calendar function because of how clumsy it is. I wish it can be more like google calendar. Drag a block of time, you can shorten it or lengthen it. Yes, on ClickUp, if you wish to change the time you have set you need to do the clumsy process all over again. It wastes so much time. I love the start and due dates value, but I would also love the actual working date/time value.
Because the prospect may contact me on 2019/03/23 at 12:00 and the project must finish (due date) by 2019/04/22 at 13:00; I may actually just work On:
2019/03/28 13:00-18:00 photo shoot
2019/03/29 11:00-14:00 editing
2019/04/12 15:00-18:00 final edit
I wish there is a time log.
You can see your tasks on google calendar, but you won’t see your google calendar events on Clickup’s calendar. Sometimes the buttons are not that responsive, I have to click a few times for the radius button to be clicked on the check list. Which checklist and to do list look similar but they each has a different set of function, I wish they just combined them.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Michael M.
Gym owner
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2020

"Bringing order to the chaos in my brain"

Comments: I love this software. I have accomplished so many complex projects because of it. It gives me great piece of mind as well. The customer service is amazing. Very prompt and on top of things. The constant new innovations and features are always wonderful surprises and very helpful

Pros: I love the different views and the ability to organize all my work in a way that helps me to execute

Cons: I wish there was the ability to search for a task in Zapier and use custom field data in Zapier

Alternatives Considered: Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: It didn't do very much for me. The UX was blah and it is waaaaaaay overpriced if you want to compare features from your service compared to theirs. I feel like I was ignorant to waste my money after seeing all that ClickUp does I also love the look of it. It's a pleasure to use.

Switched From: monday.com

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: I researched and saw a video by Jessica Stansbury on why she switched from Trello. I watched the video and made my decision!

Andrei B.
Business Owner
Cosmetics, 2-10 Employees

"Gamechanger"

Comments: For us, it was a gamechanger. We went from using three different apps to only one, as we imported all our SOPs, tasks, and chats into Clickup. We love the app, and we have recommended it to all our friends and business partners.
We can't see ourselves working without this!

Pros: - user friendly
- complex tasks options and monitoring
- the automation features
- the fact that we can integrate our SOPs, Chat, and Task Management apps in the same app.

Cons: - some features are not working sometimes on the mobile app, but they are always working on it and improving

Alternatives Considered: Asana and Trello

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Clickup offers more features and more complex customizations. It also helped us to have the SOPs, tasks, and chats in the same place.

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Clickup can easily replace your Asana, but more advanced, a Wiki with your SOPs and Slack. They also have a screen recording feature now, so I'm not sure how much time we will be using loom anymore.

Jeff S.
Jeff S.
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2020

"Moved from Asana to ClickUp"

Comments: We love ClickUp and find it a great tool for managing all of our projects. Now we can see what is going on with everyone, in one view, but then dig into the projects themselves (individually) and see the child tasks there.

Pros: We moved to Clickup from Asana after using Asana for a few months. We found ClickUp had much more customization and flexibility. This was especially with the views, and making it so that you could get everything in ONE view. We also love the proactive notifications, like if you are moving a task to being complete, that if there are sub-tasks under that (that are still active) that you are given the option to update the sub-tasks dates/status. Overall, after using this system for many weeks, we have found ClickUp has made us much more efficient, and also given us visibility into all of our projects. We also love all the options you have appear when you right click on a task.

Cons: The only issue we have really found thus far is that some of the screens, mainly while using the Drag and Drop, can lag for a second or two. As a result, you have to learn to wait while using the drag/drop when you release the "drag" so that it appears in the correct place.

Alternatives Considered: monday.com

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: We found Asana didn't offer enough customization.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2020
Financial Analyst
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2020

"Extremely Powerful"

Comments: I have tried many other task management apps and programs. I keep coming back to ClickUp!

Pros: I use Clickup for task management. It fulfills my needs and then some. I am a team of one that manages large projects. Clickup is a great tool for keeping track of deadlines, external email communication and documents related to any step of the project. The key for me is the integration with Google Drive. This integration allows me to link documents to any task so that they are handy when it comes time to complete the task.

Cons: I think the reoccurring task section needs a bit more work. It is better than it was however it is still limited in its abilities. It would be nice that when a task is completed and set to reoccur the user is prompted to select what information, if any, is carried forward to the next task and to confirm the due date. I have tasks that reoccur based on scheduled meetings and with the meeting schedule not consistent its challenging to have a task reoccur.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2020
Paige K.
Engineer, Designer, and Coach
Music, Self Employed

"Found it!"

Comments: As a productivity nut who has tried everything else, I have finally found it! And I'm telling all my friends! Came for the Gantt, stayed for everything else!

Pros: The sorting and filtering features saved my life! Migration away from other software was as easy as a click of a button and there was no set back in getting used to the new environment. I love that new features are constantly being rolled out. I'm not paying for people to collect money in their pockets; I'm paying a subscription for a constantly evolving software.

Cons: The product is not for the faint of heart! It is highly customizable, so I'm still learning about new features weekly.

Alternatives Considered: Jira

Reasons for Choosing ClickUp: Trello didn't have satisfying gantt features and was too expensive. The calendar view was so weak, so it felt like there was really only the kanban view. I needed a different way to visualize the tasks in my life. I needed to be able to create data off of the tasks in my life as well and keep better records.

Switched From: Trello

Reasons for Switching to ClickUp: Jira's branding wasn't attractive to me. I needed something that felt like it was always updating to make itself better. Because otherwise, I'd want to keep finding the next best thing.

Sasha E.
Mr
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2018

"Amazing To-Do List + Project Management"

Comments: I think the best thing with ClickUp is that every person on your team is able to see exactly what they have on their to-do list rather than sorting things in a certain bucket or category. I think also because you are able to organize different things in multiple ways it really allows you to organize all the task lists. Unfortunately, this makes it sometimes more cumbersome to hop around but the beauty is that you can sort and filter in a very powerful way so if you combine things with due dates and tagging the right people then it makes the tool very powerful.

Pros: This is probably one of the best to do lists or project management tools out there for teams that are very affordable and reasonable price. It also allows you to sort and filter things in a powerful way which makes it less cluttered like Asana or Trello. Although I do think those other tools do have their place in the world, but Trello is maybe a bit more for just a smaller one or two person team and we found that over time things get a little bit lost since you can't sort and filter things based on the person that is tagged with the item. Asana gets a bit cluttered and very difficult to learn. We found that with Clickup it was a nice balance and we've worked with many other tools in the past as well like Wrike, Basecamp, but it seems like clickup is the one we've enjoyed the most, it's been the clearest, and the easiest to learn.

Cons: My biggest wish is to be able to get Gannt charts eventually with Lookup. Seeing things on a visual platform or seeing how long things take will be a great way to plan release dates or when thing should be scheduled out a little further in time or earlier. Other than that the tool is quite amazing where it is. There's always improvement in little micro things that'll get updated but as far as the big features I think the only one that's missing is the Gannt chart for our business needs.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2018