15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Gong.io

Gong enables revenue teams to realize their fullest potential by unveiling their customer reality.

Learn more about Gong.io

Pros:

Integration with Salesforce functionality / capture of follow up, integration of email notification triggering account follow up and updates. Ability to accurately assess call impact.

Cons:

Transcription could be more accurate - currently not sufficient as a stand alone piece of information - requires interpretation and reference to audio.

Gong.io ratings

9.2/10

Gong.io has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 536 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Gong.io before?

Nick
Nick
Sr. Customer Success Manager in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Why work harder when you can work smarter?

Comments: I'm solving the problem of me being lazy and inattentive...sometimes. Most of the time, I'm there, listening, ready to crush it. Other times, I see a squirrel out of my window and can't help but watch it do its thing. Like maybe it just found a huge nut or something and it's just snacking away. How can you NOT watch? But then, I miss important info. Gong allows me to watch squirrels AND remember what was said.

Pros:

I like that it takes *thinking* out of my job. If I have questions about something a customer said, or something that I said, I can just go to the call, search for it, and find it. It's an absolutely incredible way to keep on top of tasks, while also being able to gain a deeper understanding at any time.

Cons:

Again, not a whole lot within the scope of what I use Gong for that I dislike. It does the job exactly how I would want it to be done.

Danny
VP of Customer Success in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Gong made me a fan

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Its been a positive experience and with the ecosystem of tools that integrate with us we've been able to fill most remaining gaps through Zapier, reporting workflows, Slack, and TranscribeIQ

Pros:

I love that it aggregates all the information about all of our accounts into a single place with different views to help us streamline our workflows. Its been one of the most impactful tools in our tech stack for sales, customer success, and product and we've amplified that by using Gong plugins like Zapier and TranscribeIQ.

Cons:

I wish the reporting was more centralized and customizable but its still really easy to use - we've taken some of our analysis outside of gong to make it more actionable. Overall the cons are minimal and they keep releasing new features to help us grow with them.

Eirik
Product Manager in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

Gong is great for sales, but not the best for startups

Comments: Gong leaves you alone to do your work after you sign up and they don't market too heavily post signup which is fantastic! We currently use Gong to do three things:
- Record user interviews from our product team
- Record introductory calls with prospective clients (we don't have any follow-up calls since our service is transactional)
- Facilitate coaching of our team since our service is coaching based on zoom

Pros:

The major thing for our team is unlimited transcription and having a transcription quality that is good enough. Our team benchmarked the software against Google and AWS, and we found out that Gong uses their proprietary transcription software. And it looks like Gong's transcription software has been trained mainly on meeting recordings (zoom) and on telephone calls. We also love the video playback feature in Gong is enjoyable to use. They have features like highlighting works as the speaker talks, seeing each speaker's talk tracks below the player, speed control up to 2.5x for the playback, and a way to minimize the video view to the bottom right of the screen.

Cons:

I hate the way gong displays upcoming calls. It's a pain to navigate, and there are no additional details on the upcoming calls. You would think Gong would show the meeting details, especially when you're working with your team and organization, but they don't! Another frustrating thing we found out after signing up was that all our historical recorded calls were not assigned a speaker. Gong does not allow you to assign speakers to calls that you upload to their system. It will automatically assign the speakers as "Phone caller #1" / #2 / #3, etc. All recorded calls before you start using Gong, and any call the Gong recorder does not join (happens a lot) will not be assigned to a team member.

Gong is a must!

Pros:

Gong is a critical tool in our sales tech stack. We use it for call and demo recording, sharing recorded calls with prospects, call coaching, CRM, pipeline management, forecasting and more. I love the fact that it analyzes calls and makes it easy to search for things like keywords for brands. It also provides call metrics to see how you and your team are performing on calls and what the recommendations are.

Cons:

The search doesn't always work when searching for a specific keyword or account. It'll pull up the wrong results or just not pull any results so you have to retype the search.

Armin
SDR in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Important growth tool for sales teams

Pros:

I love Gong and have used Gong in previous jobs. Before Gong it was a lot of manual transcribing and listening to calls multiple times. Now with Gong, we are able to also see the transcription of the call and also tag team members immediately for feedback and important notes within the calls.

Cons:

Not much to dislike about Gong as they have been super helpful with the implementation and support.

Jon
Jon
Senior Account Executive in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Lots of greatness in this product

Comments: Gong has really helped our sales team grow by getting our AEs on the same page and continuing to build them into stronger Sales People.

Pros:

Gong offers a great recording system that you can do a whole lot more from. We have weekly reviews and the functionality makes it easy to get through in a quick time. The assessments also let us know how we're doing and from a manager to peer aspect review the calls.

Cons:

Some time search functionality seems off and logging in has a slow lag to start. Other than that I can't really complain. Those 2 things are really nit-picking too.

Kunal
Kunal
Co-founder & Design Lead in US
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great tool, even for SMBs

Comments: I feel like I'm part of the Gong community already 2 months into our journey. I'm learning a lot from their team and excited to be a customer.

Pros:

The Gong.io team creates a great experience, from learning and buying, all the way to onboarding and and helping you be successful in using their product to hit your goals. Even as a small customer, I feel like I got white-glove service from [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (sales) and [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] (CS). Already in week 1, we're getting so many insights from our call recordings. As we figure out how to sell better to our six new buyer personas, Gong will be invaluable in figuring out our sales playbook.

Cons:

The only con in buying is that we didn't have enough people to meet the minimum seats. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] helped us work through this and still get enough value to justify the cost.

Steven
Product Manager in Colombia
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great tool to discover valuable insights!

Comments: It has been an excellent addition to our product management stack. Having the ability to connect with different systems for virtual calls it's really helpful. The UX of the product is great.

Pros:

In our customer-centric approach listen to our customers it's religious. I really like the ability to quickly identify who is talking in the conversation, general areas and interact with my coworkers based on the findings for every call.

Cons:

This is a great tool but kinda expensive compared with other similar tools. You should consider your budget first before making the decision. If you can afford it, it will pay the price.

Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Captures everything!

Pros:

I love that Gong automatically records, transcribes and coaches each call. It is super intuitive and is great for self-review, peer review, and coaching. I love that it's super easy to share segments of calls for review, collaboration, and feedback. The mobile app is super user friendly and makes it easy to record in person meetings as well.

Cons:

I don't like how it shows up as it's own "person" on Zoom calls.

Information Technology & Services, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Gong has come a long way

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Gong now has emails and flows as well as AI features that can write follow up emails for you

Cons:

Being logged out every 5 mins is annoying and not enough training has been provided

Liza
HR Officer in Jordan
Renewables & Environment, 501–1,000 Employees

A tool with high capabilities to organize call recording, with distinctive search capabilities

Comments: Gong.io is a very inspiring tool, its ability to record calls and allow us to re-listen them always enables us to deeply understand the problems and enables us to track them down and find the best solutions for them in less time. With Gong.io we no longer miss any notes from customers, have integrated records and can easily distribute the workload to the team.

Pros:

Gong.io provides a lot of services that help us perform functions with great flexibility, especially its distinctive capabilities of recording and transcribing calls, and providing the ability to review and follow them immediately, which makes you really enjoy listening to almost every call. It ensures that we cover every aspect of the calls, making the process of following up on feedback and requests accurate and comprehensive. Gong's ability to easily locate the conversation you are looking for, through several search options, thus saves a lot of time and is able to access and follow the required recordings at high speed. Gong's many features such as transcription of calls to texts and continuous updates of the call log allow us to accurately document all requests and also know the capabilities of the team to respond.

Cons:

Gong.io is a great tool for our business, and it's easy to use; I wish there were more possibilities so we could record all conversations and more automation, so we could complete our tasks more quickly.

Julia

One of my favorite tools as a Sales Rep

Comments: Awesome!

Pros:

I was nervous when we first purchased this to have so much visibility, but it's been an amazing help for: 1) remembering what happened in a call whether that was yesterday or months ago 2) getting specific/contextual coaching feedback 3) seeing which deals need helps based on activity 4) flagging conversations by words that are said (especially when seeing how customers/prospects like new features or how other reps are selling those) 5) passing along feature requests or coaching notes to others on my team and in the business

Cons:

It took us a bit longer than we anticipated to get fully ramped in a way where we were really leveraging it and able to do all of the above. No other major complaints, but worth noting I haven't tried any of the competitor solutions out there.

Natalie
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

The Most Valuable Innovative Tool of the Decade

Comments: I am a raving fan. I don't know if I've ever really been a raving fan of a tool, besides the company I work at (Copper CRM!). I love their UI, their marketing emails which are NOT annoying (how?!?!), and their friendly support team. But mostly- this incredible tool allows me to become a better salesperson. Faster.

Pros:

So novel. Yes, other demo softwares allow you to get insights. But Gong takes it to a whole different level. The tips are a prime example of artificial intelligence of the future. I can see exactly what I need to improve immediately after a call- and I check after each one. I set realistic goals that I can actually measure based on recommended best practices that are outlined to me from research that Gong makes available to me- average amount of patience, interactivity, and more that's necessary for a successful sales call.

Cons:

The only thing I would change is that I'd like to be able to search more words within demos I've completed. The search functionality is already incredible, as it can pinpoint certain filler words and I can search a variety of terms. If it could capture more, which it likely will as they progress, I'd be thrilled.

Cassandra
Manager, Business Development in Canada
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Gong for biz dev

Comments: I use gong to listen to recordings of sales calls to look for patterns, areas of improvement, and possible areas of training

Pros:

I love the idea that I can get alerts for certain types of calls to review but have yet to do this. I also like that I can read a transcript alongside the recording for extra clarity.

Cons:

I do have some difficulty setting up the filters to get alerts for certain calls. I also think the user experience could be a LOT simpler.

Sam
Competitive Intelligence Analyst in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Loaded with functionality - very easy to learn

Comments: I've had a very positive experience. It's been a key data source for feeding the competitive intelligence process, and many other users have pulled great insights across a variety of topics from it.

Pros:

It's very simple to learn at a basic level, which makes it easy to dive deeper into the functionality. Within a few minutes you can start to unlock insights about what kinds of topics are coming up in calls, how prospects are reacting to certain methods, etc. The interface for setting up automation is straightforward as well, and that gives you access to a host of use-cases for automatically extracting insights from your call data. It integrates pretty seamlessly with different CRM providers - including Salesforce and HubSpot. Using it to trigger workflows in tools like Zapier is a great feature.

Cons:

While there's a lot you can do to analyze the data within the application - the manual data export feature isn't as great. If you just want to cut and filter a spreadsheet, it's a pretty cumbersome process. That being said, if you connect it to another tool for analyzing the data it's not a problem.

Joe
Computer Software, 501–1,000 Employees

A Must-Have for Sales Teams

Comments: Me and my management are able to dive into calls, both early and deep into sales cycles, and see what I could be doing better, and what areas I am particularly strong in, to give me the most relevant training and support going forward. I started at my current company in the middle of their evaluation of Gong and immediately pushed management to get the tool for us because of how much it brought to my last sales organization.

Pros:

I've now used Gong at two organizations and, as a sales professional, I get a ton of value from the transcriptions and keyword searches I can do on my calls. I often have hours of conversations, demos, and proof of concepts per client and Gong allows me to focus on the current moment not taking notes and highlighting the most important requirements.

Cons:

The timeline style view of each sales/engagement cycle can be a bit confusing, but there is an easy way to skip to the list of all recorded calls per account in chronological order.

kelly
Enterprise Accounts in US
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Sales or Customer Success/Support - Why haven't you purchased already?!

Comments: We needed a way to review snippets of calls to hone our craft and get better at the simple things within calls. Before, we would record everything in Zoom and have to sit and listen to basically the entire call to figure out what was going on. Now, everything is uploaded, you can search (The voice analytics has come a LONG way) and tag those around you to get added insight and feedback. It's been incredible in helping new BDR's along the way.

Pros:

It's VERY easy to navigate, use, administer, and help those around that need coaching. I appreciate the fact that I can tag people within the org easily and clip certain parts of the call for us to review in 1:1 sessions or as a team.

Cons:

Clipping can be a little hard to figure out. When first launching Gong - I wish there was better functionality to bulk add previous calls from VoIP or other sources to specific folders instead of manually doing it one at a time.

Computer Software, 201–500 Employees

Key tool in stack for remote onboarders

Pros:

I took on a new role in Sales and I was worried I would miss out on listening in to important conversations which forms a major part of learning. Enter Gong - and I've been able to listen in and learn better than ever. I've also improved my style of interacting with customers based on their tips and seen better results.

Cons:

It has not been easy to upload a recording if we would like and their audio-to-text feature is not accurate.

Judah
Learning & Development Manager in US
Computer Software, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Gong changes the way you work

Pros:

Gong is a game changer. Not everyone has to be a pro on your team to analyze a call anymore. Anyone can use Gong to recognize keywords, themes, and areas for improvement with their call analytics. Also, a major time saver because you can search for those keywords instead of listening to an entire hour or more of conversation. I particularly enjoy any study that Gong publishes. By analyzing themes in the industry, they provide incredible insights around word choice and timing. Timing is everything, isn't it? Gong changes the way you work, for the better.

Cons:

I can't think of a single downside to using Gong.

Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Key Platform for Measuring Enablement Success

Comments: Great customer service, intuitive for end users, valuable tool across teams. Very positive experience and would recommend this to any Sales, CS or Enablement team to implement.

Pros:

Gong allows the Sales, Enablement, Marketing, and Biz Ops to track real metrics from Sales and CS conversations, coach the teams and foster a culture of self-improvement.

Cons:

This is a product that to work effectively you need to invest in best practices, training teams and managers and staying on top of the latest innovations (of which there are many and often) coming out of the company.

Paul
Sales Manager in US
Human Resources, 201–500 Employees

Extremely helpful software - saves us so much time

Comments: We used to store recorded calls in some weird folder that existed in some bizarre shared server thing-a-majig and it was honestly a nightmare to find things and play back calls. We had zero visibility into things like talk time. Now I'm able to easily asses the health of an account by pin-pointing my own listening to only what the client has said on a call. We are much better off with gong, and it helps us with more focused follow up for our clients, as we're able to recall more granular detail of what was said.

Pros:

Very quickly asses a call, what happened, who said what. Also ability to very quickly focus on a portion of a call, or something a client has said. Has significantly improved our ability to give feedback to our team, train and build upon weaknesses and strengths.

Cons:

I wish the transcript was more accurate. This is certainly an extra cherry on top type of feature, as it's not always needed but there are times where it would be amazing to be able to copy paste or search for certain terms, and the AI just isn't quite there.

Sales Manager in US

Gong is a Sales Essential

Comments: Gong has enabled me to be able to quickly assess a rep's performance on calls and easily share improvement points. Also, their blog is one of the best I've ever read.

Pros:

Gong has increased my ability to coach my team on their calls exponentially. I love the ability to quickly and efficiently learn what I need to know about the calls and the various ways the Gong platform allows me to understand my team's skill level and coach to that. I also love the ability to create custom scoring rubrics and use them to benchmark the team's progress.

Cons:

I have no cons really. Gong is an awesome tool.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Immediate insight into my calls

Comments: Immediate insight into my calls and what I'm doing right & what I can improve upon. It's great to have an easy to use repository for all of my sales conversations.

Pros:

The #1 most valuable aspect of Gong for me is that I no longer have to worry about diligently taking notes while on a call with a prospect. I have the best conversations and can listen most effectively when I am walking around the sales floor and fully engaged. When I have to take notes, I miss key things the prospect is saying. With Gong, I can simply go back to the call after and finish up my notes.

Cons:

You really have to put in the time and effort with the tool to see results/improvements. As expected with anything though.

Meghan
Head of Sales in Canada
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

GAME CHANGER

Comments: Super excited about really getting going. GONG

Pros:

For the life of me, I don't know how I ever worked without this platform. ONE month in. Gong is a GAME CHANGER. If you are looking to scale up your team for success this is a tool that is a MUST have. It will save your team, literally, 100's of hours of time. Over the last month, I have started at a new company, leading a team, and this is single handle the best way to coach, give feedback, and develop a sales process. It was also an amazing tool for me to be trained and getting up to speed quickly. In my previous positions, if I had gong, I think that I would have been 30% more productive, and my team would have infinitely been more successful. Don't think about it, just try it, the only regret that you will ever have is not getting it earlier. Super intuitive platfrom and stellar customer service, and self-serve training programs.

Cons:

The transcription isn't perfect but is works better than any other transcription I have ever used. It would be cool, if you could edit the transcription for library assets for training purposes

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

I don't know what we would do without Gong

Comments: Great!

Pros:

Gong is awesome! It allows every call to be recorded, analyzed and sent to the correct people. Gong allows managers to make comments on specific parts of the calls, speed up or slow down the pace and send feedback to the reps. One of the coolest parts about Gong is how the platform analyzes each call, letting the manager and caller know how much he/she talks compared to the customer/prospect, what topics were discussed, and even what words you are repeating many times.

Cons:

I think that the only thing that could be considered negative about Gong is that anyone at your company can listen to the call/recording