• Overall
    3.8 /5
    3.7 /5

About Sage 100cloud

Sage 100cloud is an ERP platform for growing and medium-sized distributors and manufacturers.

Learn more about Sage 100cloud

Yanet F.
Operations Coordinator
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2021

"Sage 100cloud from a non-profit user"

Comments: It has met all of our AP and AR needs.

Pros: All the modules are located on the left side of the home screen. It may not seem like a big component; however, when you're wanting to go in and out-things it's a game changer. Some days, I have up to ten different windows in which I'm cross referencing. I can reconcile while looking at my AR and AP. Making entries and printing checks is a breeze. The steps are easy to follow and the tutorials are simple.

Cons: Be sure to double check modules when updating software. We updated and quickly realized some modules hadn't carried over correctly. It was taken care of fast but could've caused problems down the road. It would be nice to have a checklist of when everything is being updated to see when changes did/didn't occur.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2021
Jim S.
CFO
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

"Sage 100 Review"

Comments: We migrated from QuickBooks Enterprise to Sage 100 in 2015. We have had no regrets on this migration and believe we have much better control of our inventory which drives our financial results.

Pros: Sage 100 has all of the features that our small business needs. We require inventory management with bills of materials and work orders. Sage does an excellent job handling this.

Cons: It is not a case of dislike but more of under optimized. The general ledger system is not fully developed for drill down capability. All of the information is in a relational database but accessing inquiring type information is more cumbersome than it needs to be. We have written Crystal reports to accommodate this need.

Jordan N.
Operations Analyst
Arts & Crafts, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/08/2020

"The Toyota Corolla. Not fancy, but efficient and reliable."

Comments: Efficient. It works. Lots of features. Reliable.

Pros: It's reliable and it's a great way to organize data. I like that I can pull data into Excel with a Microsoft Query and have multiple tables to get information from, such as invoice history, purchase order, sales order, and item information.

Cons: It's ancient looking. The aesthetics of the software in Classic View is not modern at all. However, it gets the job done and it's very efficient.

• Reviewed on 08/08/2020
James S.
Automotive, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Great software for a small growing business"

Comments: There have been some nice improvements in the 18 years we have been using Sage 100/MAS90. It is not cheap, but gets the job done. They must continue to use customer feedback to make the right improvements to the software and not change features users heavily rely on.

Pros: Customer service has been great. They do everything they can to help resolve issues. Sage’s scalability has allowed the software to grow along with our needs. 3rd Party software works best if has partnered with Sage to get updates that allow for testing prior to a new update being released.

Cons: It seems that along with some enhancements you get when upgrading, you may lose some functionality such as when printing travelers that now require more steps to complete. Custom reports and integrations can be costly because a Sage reseller is needed for support.

Rhonda S.
COST ACCOUNTING/NETWORK ADMIN
Printing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"I don't have cloud just Sage 100"

Comments: I don't have Sage 100 cloud?

Pros: The support people were excellent to work with and made our transition in 2012 as easy as a new installation could ever get. I also like that all the areas are similar, so if you know Order Entry you can translate that knowledge to say Purchasing.

Cons: When i go to create custom reports there are databases with the last three letters WRK. It would be great to have access to those databases; i realize they are a combination of existing databases but they have everything i usually need for a custom report.
The bug in the current software update where you can't close the ship-to-address box in the right corner is annoying.

Brett J.
IT Director
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2021

"10+ Years of Sage in a mid-size manufacturing / distro environment"

Comments: Sage has worked well for us for almost 10 years however as the company grows we find that we are "outgrowing" Sage and it can't keep up with our workload.

Pros: Sage is old and the core functionality is solid. It "just works" for most smaller companies

Cons: Sage really isn't intended for large / complicated environments. Once you've gone above 50 simultaneous users and add third party integrations for taxing, credit cards, warehouse management, etc... you'll notice lag in the system regardless of the hardware resources assigned to it.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2021
Joleen T.
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2020

"2020 Review of Sage 100 Cloud"

Comments: Overall we are very pleased with Sage 100 cloud. Our IT consultant finds it easy to help us trouble shooting if needed, and customer service has been very helpful. We have also found it easy to adapt to our company needs. The upgrade to Sage 100cloud was seamless.

Pros: The product is user friendly, the pull down windows are very helpful for new employees. New employees were easily trained to use the product.

Cons: It would be a great enhancement if all reports would not close after print/print preview. Our checks are not standard laser printer checks, and it was a little challenging to set up to print correctly. Smart printers would not allow the adjustments. Final fix was to purchase an inexpensive printer.

Denise H.
Billing & Finance Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees

"Why I like Sage"

Pros: I like how easy it is to get the information that I need when I need it. Reports are easy to read and understand. It is very easy to maneuver around.

Cons: Before we upgraded to a newer version I liked the way my reports printed off. Some of the reports went to landscape and some stayed portrait. With it doing that some of my reports are more pages.

Grace S.
Accounting /Customer Service
Consumer Electronics, 2-10 Employees

"Sage 100"

Comments: Over all we are very happy with the software and support received.

Pros: We use Sage100 for AR, AP, invoicing, inventory and month end reporting. The software is rather easy to use and can be customize for your business needs.It is very easy to train someone to use SAGE 100. Another feature I like is that I can pull reports out into excel. Also the support given from the SAGE staff is high quality.
Good software and support overall.

Cons: The only con to this software is, it is slow at times.

Brittany S.
Management/Bookkeeper
11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017

"Small businesses with inventoy"

Pros: Sage 100 is an awesome way to manage receivables, payables, payroll and inventory management. The customization modules help set up the software to fit your specific needs. I love the paperless office capabilities and the fact that I can pull up my reports within seconds.

Cons: My biggest issue is that it is not the most user friendly, in comparison to other similar software, I used in the past. It does take some time to become familiar with the products and the constant updating.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2017
Judi G.
HR/Finance/Purchasing
Warehousing, 2-10 Employees

"Easy to learn"

Comments: Now that I have added another role to my resume here - I am finding how this all works together. I only had the accounting piece before. Now I see how my entries in PO will effect what happens when I invoice vendors and when I (occasionally) do the sales orders - I see how that effects the purchasing/invoicing Customers.

Pros: I came from another company where we used Visual Mfg. Coming here and learning a completely new program made me nervous but, my fears were not warranted. It was very similar which helped me to be able to pick it up quickly.

Cons: I have no complaints. Maybe after I use it for more than a couple of years I will.

Susanna M.
HR Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2021

"A complete software to run your business"

Comments: From the implementation (Sage 50 to 100) to the ongoing support, customer service has been great, easy to contact and knowledgeable.

Pros: I like the fact that all module related to the different operations of the company are connected to another.

Cons: The HR aspect of payroll can be improved. This is not an HR software by any means but some more functionalities could be introduced upgraded.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2021
Andrea K.
General Manager
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Longtime Sage 100cloud user"

Comments: So far our experience with Sage 100cloud has mostly been a positive one.

Pros: This software is very user friendly. There are so many features, everything we have ever wanted to perform in Sage has usually happened.

Cons: Cost and that some features require the purchase of another module.

Ryan O.
Business Intelligence Manager
Defense & Space, 201-500 Employees

"Data in one place"

Pros: We have gone from multiple spreadsheets running our business to reporting and data base queries that make the data more reliable, real time, and accessible.

Cons: We currently using the 2016 version and the Work Order module not being as user friendly as other modules has been unfortunate. We are excited about the 2019 release!

Steve R.
Planning Manager
Semiconductors, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"You can customize Sage to fit your needs"

Comments: We have customized Inventory modules to add information in order to help with business reporting.

Pros: That it is customizable. I had our reseller (DSD) add features that helped our business reporting.

Cons: International business address took a long time to get updated and I was happy the Sage finally fixed this.

Teresa W.
Sec-Treas
Oil & Energy, 11-50 Employees

"Honest"

Comments: I’ve been irritated with the ability to understand why something that should be easy to do has been made hard.

Pros: The ability to have all 3 locations in one company but with sub accounts.

Cons: It is difficult to do certain things in accounts payable and accounts receivable.

Lisa P.
Accountant
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

"Easy to customize"

Pros: The ability to export the GL detail into Microsoft Excel, so I can customize to the way I need to report for our 19 cost centers.

Cons: Would like if I had the ability to create my cost centers directly in Sage, instead of exporting monthly to Excel

Mark C.
CFO
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2018

"Excellent for small business"

Pros: Easy to use and understand. Easy to retrieve past info for analysis purposes. Helps with day to day accounting and budgeting.

Cons: Perhaps a nicer layout but this is not a deal breaker. Also more GUI functions to be able to let other non-accounting staff use it.

• Reviewed on 19/06/2018
Donna S.
Controller
Airlines/Aviation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Sage is keeping up with the Times."

Comments: I am looking forward to using it more.

Pros: I like the fact that the software is very robust. We are only touching the surface with it's capabilities. You can easily find answers in the community online. Our software partner is very knowledgeable.

Cons: Some customization or troubleshooting requires our software partner and it can get very expensive.

Isabel H.
Data Entry/Sage Specialist
Cosmetics, 51-200 Employees

"Love with some hiccups"

Comments: It's pretty good

Pros: It's really easy to use and navigate through

Cons: There are some issues after an update we had that have not been resolved and we kind of just "manage"

Elena M.
Accounts Payable
Hospital & Health Care, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2020

"Sage Survey"

Pros: New to the software, I found it very easy to navigate and figure out how to get around it on my own.

Cons: A lot of repetition to get an invoice entered and updated.

• Reviewed on 11/05/2020
Dave S.
Vp
Facilities Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2018

"Solid financial program."

Comments: I have used for many years and the program is very solid and a consistent look and feel to the program.

Pros: Reliable software. He used for many year's

Cons: Would like to migrate to cloud and easier custom report creation

• Reviewed on 06/10/2018
Matt H.
Production supervisor
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2019

"great cabability and customization"

Pros: this product gives us most of what we can dream up, enhancements and reporting are great tools.

Cons: loading times are a little slow, and crashing periodically

Jessica W.
AP/AR/Inventory clerk
Farming, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Specific software for larger companies needing to track lots of aspects"

Comments: Honestly I don't know what the differences between regular sage and sage 100 cloud are. ?

Pros: I like being able to make adjustments on the fly for example when I need to quickly create new vendors or new customer accounts. I like the alias function within the inventory module.
The integration seemed a little rough because there seemed to be a few kinks in the system that required outside help before things smoothed out.

Cons: Training in Sage is difficult for myself as a newby 5+ years ago and then training new employees over the years, there is soooo much going on and soooo many little tricks and things that make the program feel overwhelming at first (well, honestly I think there is soooo much more to Sage than I'll ever know). As you get used to it I find it fairly user friendly but initially it was a but intimidating.

Mantas V.
Accountant
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/09/2019

"Moved from sage 50 to sage 100"

Pros: Offers more functions than sage 50, can make your own reports

Cons: It is quite pricey, got stuck with MTD functions but was sorted after all

• Reviewed on 02/09/2019