ShipStation Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About ShipStation

Shipping & order web app connected to 150+ carriers, marketplaces/shopping carts & more. Automate tasks & batch print labels with ease.

Learn more about ShipStation

Ronald C.
Arts & Crafts, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2019

"Shipstation Changed My Life"

Comments: We started with shipstation when our small online shop was shipping well under 100 items a month. I'd tried a few other softwares, and none of them compared. Now, our business has grown many, many times over, and shipstation has scaled with us without a hitch. It's incredibly easy to use, integrates wonderfully with our online storefront, ebay, etc... I've recommended it to many, many people over the years, and I really can't imagine running my business without it!

Pros: Ease of use and feature richness. We had tried a couple of other shipping systems for our online shop, and none were as intuitive and user friendly as Shipstation. We were able to get up and running very quickly when we first started, and now, many years later, I've learned much of the the deep functionality that lays beneath the simple surface.

Cons: I had to think a while, but I do with the dashboard reporting was a bit clearer and easier to read. There are a couple of widgets on there that I have still to figure out quite how to read.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2019
Daniel A.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2021

"Central shipping hub for all ecommerce, including Walmart Marketplace"

Comments: Shipstation makes fulfilling orders simple. I'm able to set rules and automation for orders coming in from my various storefronts (Walmart, Ebay, WooCommerce). I love the ability to instantly print to my thermal printer instead of having to ctrl+p, it saves a few seconds each order which adds up very quickly. I also like that it usually will tell me if another form of shipment is less expensive than my defaults.

Pros: It integrates with Walmart Marketplace. Currently no other shipping software works with Walmart. That said, it really is a good product.

Cons: Doesn't fully integrate with Etsy. It can import orders but is not able to add gift receipts. This is probably an issue more on Etsy's side, but as it is now, I still have to use Etsy's store interface to fulfill orders.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2021
Bryan C.
Operation Coodinater
Logistics & Supply Chain, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"Shipstation is great software for the price, but it has its limitations"

Comments: Shipstation is great, but as you scale out your business you will most likely need to move to a more robust WMS. For many start up companies that do not have a lot of inventory or a high volume of SKU's, Shipstation will provide a powerful tool that can help speed up fulfillment and release many of the frustration of shipping product while not costing you huge amounts of money.

Pros: Shipstation is great for companies that are looking for a label printing solution for there shopping carts. Shipstation is able to handle high volumes of orders and allows for labels to be pre-printed, which can greatly increase the fulfillment time. There are pretty good filtering options that can lead to more efficiencies when printing that can save time with your fulfillment team. Shipstation integrates with many different platforms fairly seamlessly, which allows for more diversity in the ever growing number of platforms that are out there. They are also constantly adding new platforms that can integrated with. I think the fact that this software is user friendly and efficient in its design makes this software a worthwhile investment for those that need a better shipping solution.

Cons: The issues that we have run into with this software as we have scaled to processing over 3000 shipments a day are too many holes which can cause many opportunities for errors, processing speeds, and lack of flexibility. When you are processing up to 3000 orders a day problems flesh themselves out quickly. One issue that has arisen is the inability to hold people accountable when errors occur. For example, since the labels are pre-printed there is not a simple to way to know who misshiped an order when it is sent incorrectly to a customer. On top of that, since the labels are pre-print there is no way to verify through software on the outbound that a shipment is correct. You have to trust that your team is packing order correctly, which is guaranteed to cause problems regardless. There is also the possibility that labels can be double printed or not printed at all since labels are processed and then a PDF is created to print orders. This has been costly for us an multiple occasions, which is hardly preventable no matter who you have printing. Due to the fact that Shipstation is cloud based this can cause issues with processing speeds. We have seen hang ups (especially on Mondays) that cause the whole team to be slowed down due. The other issue with cloud based system is the lack of flexibility for Shipstation to be customized to how you would like it. If changes are made they have to be made globally, which can take a while or just simply cannot happen altogether.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2018
Scotty H.
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"ShipStation is essential for small business"

Comments: ShipStation has been a great improvement over what I was using before. It's just as clean and easy to use, but also provides a lot of physical efficiencies for my business.

Pros: What I like most is the ability to print directly onto adhesive labels. It sounds like a small thing, but having to print out labels on a paper, and then cut/fold them, and then place into a label sleeve takes a lot of time and effort when packaging a large number of orders. ShipStation allows me to print and stick in one easy step.

Cons: What I like least is because it is not affiliated with an official carrier service (FedEx, USPS, etc) I have to actually go and drop off the packages. A carrier will not come to my business to pick it up.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Shachar K.
Warehousing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/10/2019

"great software almost perfect"

Comments: it is great. we are using it every day. I wish I could talk to someone to make things easier.

Pros: easy to use, has many reports, many integrations with other programs and seems like they are working constantly on more.

Cons: no phone calls to customer service
I need to set up the inventory differently and not sure how it can be done.

• Reviewed on 22/10/2019
Shipping
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2020

"Exactly what we were looking for"

Comments: We had a great experience with ShipStation while we had it. As a newer business, we just couldn't afford to maintain the subscription. It's a real shame since it really increased the customers' overall experience with our company.

Pros: We love how ShipStation integrates with our Stamps.com account. Our favorite features are how they keep track of the packages you ship to each person, the value, and the items. You can keep track of promotional items this way or keep detailed notes. Another of our favorite features is the branded tracking page that your customers will see with the tracking code. It looks great and helps give your site a more polished and professional look.

Cons: The monthly subscription for this is just way too expensive. Even with the amazing features that make a business look awesome and really helps the customers, it's just way too expensive for smaller or starter businesses.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2020
Malcolm F.
Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2018

"Simply the best shipping software for multi-channel sellers"

Pros: We have been using ShipStation for the past 4 years and it's a lifesaver. They make it extremely easy to print large batches of labels and they save us money with discounted USPS rates. The automation profiles are a huge time saver. Once I ship a product once I can save the details and it will automatically set those same details every time I ship. This makes it, so I can manage hundreds of orders at a time without having to click into each one to set the shipping details.

Cons: There are USPS errors every once in a while when we go to printing labels. However, they are usually resolved quickly.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2018
Cody T.
Shipping Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2018

"Get Ship Done"

Comments: Overall it is one of the best decision I made. I would be unable to keep up with order flow without it. I used it every day and it is 10 times better than the program we were using previously (ShipRush)

Pros: This software brings all of our marketplaces together. Magento, Amazon, and we can even import our phone orders via CSV upload. It has everything you could possibly need to compare different shipping services and save money and time.

Cons: If I had to pick something that I liked the least it would be the search functionality. Many times I'll have to do an advanced search to find something that won't pop up but should through the general search.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2018
Anil J.
Senior Application Developer
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2018

"Making shipments is easier with ShipStation"

Pros: This one lets you recognize goods that are returned and those which are new, efficiently. Their rules are within most business limits and are really friendly. Their filters are a great shot and often enhance your platform. They are user-friendly and worth the money. Customer service is quite vibrant.

Cons: It is quite a complex one if yours is a big business lot. Flexibility is one issue. Mistakes made between placement and delivery of offers can create havoc, especially if more than 1000 shipments are made per day. There is no option for one to edit the manual orders. The process has to be started once again after its deletion. No detail is provided over choices of shipments with lower costs. Paypal cannot be used. No offline version for the system.

• Reviewed on 05/08/2018
Lauren F.
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2016

"A Giant, Full-Featured Timesaver! Just What My WooCommerce Site Needed"

Comments: This is my third month using ShipStation, and I am still thoroughly impressed with everything this tool has done for my small but growing business. The integration with WooCommerce is seamless. I now use ShipStation both for my eCommerce store and my subscription box program (currently about 480 shipments per month in total). Here are some of the major ways ShipStation has helped my business so far: -Removed our reliance on PayPal Shipping, so we have been able to add a one-page credit card checkout option that has increased our conversion rate by about 30% -Simplified the entire fulfillment process, so that everything from printing packing slips to the final shipping labels happens in the same dashboard, making it easy to train employees -No more going back and manually marking 200 subscription box orders as shipped in the WooCommerce backend. ShipStation handles it automatically, so I always know exactly which orders have gone out -Automatically sends tracking info to customers-- PayPal did not do this with recurring payments, so the subscription box customers previously had to request tracking info if desired. Saves time and gives the customers what they want before they need to ask. Essentially, everything my business needs in a shipping solution, ShipStation offers. My only regret is not trying it out sooner! I've also been impressed with the customer service. I had several questions during my trial, and always received a courteous reply within 12 hours.
Keep up the great work, ShipStation!

Pros: Seamless WooCommerce Integration
Easy Setup
Excellent Support Team
Full-Featured, Even at Lowest Tier

Cons: I've run into only one minor frustration-- I would like to see an option to print labels one at a time on 8.5x11" sheets, instead of only two at a time. You end up with half-used sheets from odd-numbered batches, and have to wait for another odd-numbered batch to use them. It's a tiny complaint. Every other feature I've wanted has been there.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2016
Orderfiller (DC)
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"Easy and fast to use, very much recommended"

Pros: It's very easy to link all of your online stores so you can see all your orders on once screen. You can set presets for select items so you don't have to manually input shipping info every time as well. Customer support, the few times I've had to contact them, has been speedy and very helpful. This has made our shipping process so much faster and less of a headache.

Cons: I'd like some more customization options for packing slips, other than just adding my logo. Every once in a while, I'll initiate a manual refresh of my linked stores for orders and the site will hang, taking 5-10 minutes to refresh and pull in the orders. This isn't a common occurrence, but when it does happen, it's frustrating.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2018
William B.
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2018

"Easy to use, great benefits and keeps you organized"

Pros: Shipstation is extremely easy to use. I have multiple online stores that integrated seamlessly with the software. Shipstation assigns you an account representative that is always available to assist you with any questions, comments or concerns. You receive an automatic discount shipping with USPS with the included "Stamps.com" account which helps you stay competitive while increasing margins. The interface helps you stay organized and on-top of all of your order inquiries and keeps records of past transactions so you have everything you need.

Cons: Shipstation is easy to use once you get the hang of it. If it is your first time using a software program like this, definitely take the time to ask questions to your assigned account representative to ensure you learn the intricacies of the software and get up to speed as fast as possible.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2018
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"We use this to ship out 50+ packages a day"

Comments: So much better then ship easy and others we tried. This communicates back to our channels with shipping info seamlessly.

Pros: Very scaleable, as we have gone from 1-5 boxes a day and now 50, it has been seamless in keeping up and adding efficiency to what we do.

Cons: Simpler drop shipping automation would be nice. We send things to our customer's customer and have created a lot of auto rules to ensure this works without breaking any confidentiality or confidence between us and our customers, to ensure a package goes to their customer blind.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
Michael D.
Director, International Operations
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2019

"Shipstation is a solid backend platform"

Comments: Excellent. There have been very little issues with the platform and Shipstation has made it easy to hold our fulfillment partner accountable.

Pros: I like the ease of use, how intuitive the interface is and how easy it is to create and modify orders. Mt team uses it daily, all day with very little problems. The backend automation has solved many of our problems and it has proven to be solid in place, between our Shopify store and our fulfillment partner, QuickBox. It is easy to filter out orders that are on hold, it is easy to split orders and to reconcile shipping/tracking on the backend, for the customer.

Cons: I have no 'cons' of shipstation. It has proven to be the solution we were looking for. The reporting is decent as well.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2019
Venugopal S.
Technical Support
Insurance, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/08/2018

"Good software for the price and never disappointed me."

Pros: I love using this application because I can easily manage all the shipping, along with customer service via my website without much time consumption. Creating orders is just a cakewalk, and we can easily place orders for later shipments and place certain orders on hold according to our priorities. The interface is very intuitive and user-friendly. We can easily handle huge volumes of shipping orders, print labels and the best aspect of this application is its customer service. You get personalized and highly responsive customer service based on your business. We can import orders from multiple platforms and we get to use a great variety of templates. It enables easy and free real tracking of all our shipments.

Cons: A lot of bugs are encountered in the Android version. I found it a bit complicated to switch between multiple accounts. Even though you don’t encounter many glitches, the interface requires a lot of updating. Adding multiple shipments to a single order is a pain! The international shipments are quite complicated.

• Reviewed on 21/08/2018
Malky G.
Finance Department
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Great for a small business"

Pros: The search engine is good. It allows you to upload many orders per day and also allows you to add your own custom fields for reference.

Cons: Come holiday season when we had many orders, the system was a bit slow. It took a very long time for it to connect to our accounting system and bring the orders in. For lower volume businesses it's a great product.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019
COO & Co-Founder
Food Production
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2018

"Can't ship without ShipStation."

Pros: It's simple to use, powerful, and best feature is that it allows you to easily compare all negotiated rates between carriers all in one platform. The amount of money I have saved using this software pays for itself ten times over!

Cons: Setting up automation is a little difficult at first, but once you do a couple, you get the hang of it.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2018
Fix A.
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2016

"Monitor your business easily"

Comments: I got ship station for the discount on shipping companies and because no other shipping software allows for us to use a tablet or smart phone to print postage. Ship station allows for that. Thank goodness! Our business is purely mobile device ran. Mostly from our tablets straight to a printer. Ship station fixed all these woes for Fix Organics™ from other companies.

Pros: -No need for a computer
-multiple business accounts in one account permitted
-customizable, even down to your very own customer tracking page, Fix Organics™ Tracking page looks badass

Cons: -it's a little pricey. But due to revenue increase, it's not that big of a deal

• Reviewed on 23/08/2016
Tanner K.
Sales Representative
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2018

"Highly Recommend ShipStation!"

Pros: Very user friendly and has a lot of features and options. Use it on a daily basis and rarely ever have a problem. If I do, customer service takes care of it very promptly.

Cons: Sometimes I feel like there is too many steps for a certain task. Also, printing from the Zebra requires an extra step - that could be a user error though.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2018
Alexa T.
Social Media Strategist
Apparel & Fashion, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2018

"Shipping Made (Sorta) Easy"

Pros: ShipStation is a great option for shipping large quantities of products. The customer support is usually helpful and tries to get you an answer as quickly as possible. The real selling point of ShipStation for me personally, is the integrations and discount during bulk shipping (especially around the holidays).

Cons: ShipStation is only as reliable as the mail. If any other website is down, like USPS for example, ShipStation also tends to have an error.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2018
Jennifer S.
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018

"Ship station is a game changer"

Pros: We love that you can integrate with Amazon… This actually was the reason we switched to having Amazon for fill our web orders. Should Station meet us so easy. It also has even better analytics the square space does. We also really like the fact that it is a better deal and diseases deals.com. After switching over we saved a lot of money. We also liked how will we contacted customer Support, not only did they solve a problem that they were able to give us an extended free trial. I like the fact that when we first started we could talk to a live person and if you couldn’t get your answer right away they would schedule a time to talk to you later by phone.

Cons: I think the website look could use a little bit improvement. Also we didn’t like the fact that we had to manually refresh to see most current orders… Otherwise I didn’t actually refresh for quite some time. Automatic refreshing of The website would be great.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2018
Adam T.
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2018

"We have used ShipStation for approximately 3 years now and it has done a great job."

Pros: The ability to review past orders as well as export and import bulk data has be a huge savings for our shipping department.

Cons: The way that the shipping charges bill is somewhat frustrating but it seems like all the shipping softwares we have ever tried have had the same issues.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2018
Director of Marketing & Events
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/06/2018

"Excellent shipping service"

Pros: It is so simple to use, and it integrates with our website. Emails and templates are customizable, so our marketing stays consistent.

Cons: Honestly, this is the easiest to use shipping software we have found, and we ship quite a bit from both our website and 3rd party.

• Reviewed on 05/06/2018
Parts General Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017

"Shipstation is GREAT!"

Pros: Shipstation makes a straight forward and easy application to work with. You can do scanning, shipping, inventory management and everything all in one.

Cons: The inventory management is just OKAY. it's not amazing. But it's mostly a shipping program, and it's great for that.

• Reviewed on 14/12/2017
Brady H.
  • Reviewed on 20/06/2017

"Best shipping software available."

Pros: In my opinion ShipStation is the easiest to use, and most comprehensive shipping software available. As a company that ships hundreds and thousands of packages per day, I wouldn't recommend anything other than ShipStation.

Cons: There have been times that it has been hard to connect ShipStation to our provider accounts. Luckily customer service has been very helpful in getting things fixed quickly.

• Reviewed on 20/06/2017