15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Cloudflare

Cloudflare Inc. is a web performance and security company on a mission to build a better Internet.

Learn more about Cloudflare

Pros:

The free plan is great for small to medium-sized websites. It has all you need at no cost.

Cons:

Also every now and then my site looks odd. I clear the cache on site and browser and it still looks odd.

Cloudflare ratings

4.6
4.3
4.7
4.6

9.1/10

Cloudflare has an overall rating of 4.8 out 5 stars based on 460 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Cloudflare before?

Onur
Onur
Co-Founder in Türkiye

Cloudflare Review

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: My overall experience with Cloudflare is very good. Cloudflare really helps us on exposing and securing our applications.

Pros:

We are using Cloudflare as loadbalancer and CDN provider. The services that Cloudflare providing is very stable and secure.

Cons:

The live customer support process can be enhanced. When the production system is impaired, we need someone to talk to immediately.

Florian
Head of Engineering in Austria
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Cloudflare as a front door for all external and internal services

5.0 last month New

Comments: In general, I am very impressed with Cloudflare.
All portals are easy to use and you can quickly find all the settings you need.
Furthermore, the help and documentation is very good!

Pros:

I find the simple operation of Clouadflare to be an advantage! It is very cool how the features work so well together. From the simple DNS to Zero Trust and the VPN tunnels. GREAT!

Cons:

I can not really say antything negative on this point at the moment, as nothing has happened yet.

Karambir
CEO in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

Cloudflare...has lost its luster

Comments: Cloudflare has evolved from a simple tool to guarantee 24/7 availability and quick response time. When I compared it to QUIC.cloud and LiteSpeed, I found it did not perform as well.

Pros:

Cloudflare provides a number of features that are important/essential for small business websites (DNS management, caching, SSL, etc.)

Cons:

Overly complex and increasingly expensive without achieving optimal performance and 24/7 guarantees.

CEO in Portugal

Great services for free

Pros:

The services offered in the free tier are very good. What can we ask more than what they offer already? It's simply very good that they even offer such a complete free version as they do.

Cons:

Eventually having a "pay-per-use" plan that we can customize with different options and pay per use. I know business wise that's not easy but it would offer a great flexibility to whoever wants to pay for specific functionalities

Bill
Map Data Reviewer in Philippines
Government Relations, 51–200 Employees

Cloudflare all over the world. Best network utility

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Tight and very well secured internet browsing.

Cons:

With these features, cost is higher but I mean, who would'nt pay more for web security?

Balazs
Designer in Hungary
Design, Self Employed

Important for websites

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It's a great security tool for your website, easy to manage. I use it daily!

Cons:

I don't have negative experiences with this tool

Brenden
CTO in Belgium
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Best in class web application firewall, but expensive

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

It has all features necessary to easily set up a Web Application Firewall. Custom rules can be implemented to tweak cybersecurity controls for your app specifically.

Cons:

Cloudflare is pretty expensive and hard to get implemented for smaller companies.

Nathan
Marketing Manager in UK
Construction, 201–500 Employees

Peace of mind

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Hugely positive and I've never used it to it's full potential.

Pros:

I came across cloudflare around 10 years ago following a significant DDOS attack against our business website. Following the attack out hosting company refused to continue hosting our website and we were forced to move. Our new host was happy to have us and recommended cloudflare as an additional layer of protection and I've been using it every since.

Cons:

When using their wordpress optimisation features, you never know whether they're conflict with another optimisation plugin.

Marie Joy
Marie Joy
Virtual Assistant in Philippines
Retail, 2–10 Employees

This is simply the best!

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Overall, Cloudflare is a very helpful tool to use. I have never considered searching for an alternative for ages because Cloudflare never disappoints!

Pros:

I like that it offers pretty good services for FREE. And how much more with the premium plans? The setup is so easy and the onboarding process is fast and pretty simple.

Cons:

Their customer support is not very fast in responding to clients, but I think they are working to fix this one now.

Martin
Martin
Freelancer in Czechia
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Modern and useful network content provider

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: I love this tool for its modern technologies like load balancer, CDN or DDoS protection;

Pros:

I use Cloudflare mainly for its perfect load-balancing features. It allows to serve your application assets in CDN delivery network. You can easily monitor your side using tools build-in in the web interface.

Cons:

You have to get some skills to configure anything in this tool. Sometimes the DDoS protection need to be optimalized to prevent some errors.

Kunal
Consultant in India
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Make Your Site Secure and Blazing Fast

Comments: My overall experience with Cloudflare is great. Have been using since last 5+ years. Since 2019 they have launched many more product offerings. I use their DNS, CDN, Firewall Rules, Access and Teams for my WordPress powered blog.

Pros:

Offers an wonderful free plan. Easy to switch on/off features. Easy to migrate from other providers. Fastest DNS in the World. Firewall Rules to block certain URLs. Cloudflare Access and Teams to protect my WordPress Backend. Early adopters of new technologies like HTTP/2, HTTP/3, DoH, etc... Free DDoS protection. Hides your email id from bots. Know your site speed. Free Origin certificates.

Cons:

Plans are based on features which is different than the industry. Less page rules for free plan. Don't like the captchas. Rate limit 404s and Bypass cache on cookie available only on Business plan.

Matt
Owner in UK
Computer Software, Self Employed

Cloudflare is the best DNS proxy there is.

Comments: I love Cloudflare and every issue I have found has been amendable in one way or another, for this reason my overall experience has been amazing!

Pros:

Cloudflare offers such a large range of tools, it is so useful for all websites. Load balancing to SSL, they really do have all I have ever needed. The ability to manage the DNS for all of my domains from one place has always been extremely useful. Their proxy functions to enable always HTTPS and SSL security certificates allows me to ensure that my website never displays as anything other than a secure padlock in the address bar. The ability to use workers to run serverless functions is another powerful tool available to all users which I simply cannot get enough of, it's so powerful! Email forwarding options allow me to have my email address on a branded domain while avoiding the costs of resource heavy email inboxes. Cloudflare's newly released registrar is empowering to me and so many other businesses, being able to register domains at cost price allows me to save money every time I register a domain and better protect my branding.

Cons:

Unfortunately Cloudflare does have it's negatives, but everything does. It's disappointing that there is not a way to reverse the email forwarding back by sending a response through the forwarder to use the branded address, although I am aware there are workarounds for this. The error pages for server errors and suspicious activity also often aren't the best looking but they are functional nonetheless.

FREELANCER in Brazil
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

great resource for website security

Comments: I actually use the tool on my websites, and since I set it up on my domains, I haven't had any problems with proxies or firewalls or anything like that. Mus sites are working perfectly and all with SSL up to date and secure. And until today I haven't had to pay for a plan, however...
it's something I'm thinking about doing out of reciprocity and to increase my resources.
The fast acting ability of cloudflare is very good. Quality of this tool in providing great usability features for me has made me feel secure in relation to my sites.

Pros:

I've seen fast tools in my life, but cloudflare is to be congratulated, after I changed the old DNS of my sites to Cloudflare, I didn't have any more problems with my sites crashing, they were always down. I receive constant messages to improve my sites, in case of attacks I can activate an extra java script security against hackers and other network invaders. And the sites were much faster to access. I don't pay anything to use the tool and I still have exclusive resources to analyze my domains. Like for example analyzing the size of the traffic I am developing.

Cons:

I have no cons to mention here, just an addendum, about support, if you need help, you will only have questions already asked by other people and answered by cloudflare. However, if you really need to talk to an expert, it is no longer possible with a free plan. At least I never did. But that's no reason to attack the company and tool, it's more than useful to be able to use it for free. So, for the rest I have nothing to complain about the tool. It's amazing.

Manish Singh
Manish Singh
Digital Marketer in India
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Enhancing Website Security, Performance, and Reliability: A Positive Experience with Cloudflare

Comments: Cloudflare is well-regarded as a comprehensive solution for enhancing website security, performance, and reliability. Also, it's free SSL for beginner's websites.

Pros:

Cloudflare offers a comprehensive suite of security services, including DDoS protection, web application firewall, bot management, SSL/TLS encryption, etc. These features help to protect websites and applications from a range of threats, including hacking attempts, malware, and phishing scams.Cloudflare's global network of data centres and content delivery network (CDN) can improve website and application performance by reducing latency and delivering content faster. Cloudflare's load balancing and caching features can also help to distribute traffic across multiple servers, improving overall performance and availability.Cloudflare's user interface is intuitive and user-friendly, making it easy for businesses to set up and manage their security, performance, and reliability services.

Cons:

While Cloudflare offers a free tier with basic features, more advanced features and services are expensive. I am concerned about the amount of data Cloudflare collects about my websites, particularly if they handle sensitive or confidential information.

Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Got website? you need cloudflare!

Comments: Simply amazing the protection helps every website we own or create safe from attackers the analytics helps us to organize our server origins to increase page load. rocket loader always on for our nodejs apps and the page rules are simply awesome. I feel like if i write about every feature there is i will end up writing an entire book about cloudflare. Just give it a try if you haven't that is, you will be blown away with the usablity and features.

Pros:

every features from DDoS protection to latest introduced workers. I highly like the felxible SSL and don't forget the DNS with proxy featuring CDN locations in every location of the world increasing the page loading time by a big margin. I don't remember when i start using Cloudflare but i am sure it's around 2014 and god i just love this, i can manage DNS for every DNS i own from single dashboard. The analytics and threat prevention WAF are like the essentials for every website we create.

Cons:

nothing apart from the cheapest plan being not so cheapest and the load balacer are somewhat costly if you consider the origin being the same. Apart from these things i said earlier i love cloudflare and will keep using it's free CDN unless i am forced to move out.

Viktoria
Owner in Croatia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

An effective solution to keep your website secure and fast

Comments: I use Cloudflare to protect and cache all of the websites I ever made for my company or for our clients. Primarily we use it for caching, which sped up our websites by a factor of 10. We also use it to gather information on bandwidth usage, and to make sure we are protected from attacks we can always use it to put our websites in defensive modes. It is an amazing tool I would recommend to everyone working on websites who needs a good cache system.

Pros:

The sheer number of features offered by Cloudflare is astonishing! Even if you use it primarily for the cache, it is still an amazing tool that gives a lot and asks for just a little. There are no websites that I run that are not on Cloudflare and I plan on keeping it that way.

Cons:

The clean cache button is hidden in a tab while it should not be. It feels like it was put there just to encourage people to pay for the service as the first tab that opens is the one that offers a paid for service and contains only a sentence and a button. I hated when they did that and hope they soon fix it. It feels like a cheap cash grab and does not feel like it belongs to such a respectable and high-quality service.

Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Best way to get SSL + CDN for free!

Comments: Absolutely amazing CDN, SSL and best free solution to speed up your website to get a better ranking on google. so don't even think about it. just use it. you have my word :)

Pros:

I love Cloudflare, it gives you what you're looking for without charging you anything. If you need to speed up your website by using content delivery network (CDN) you should try Cloudflare. It also gives you free SSL certificate for one year and it keeps renew your license itself every year. This is fantastic right? I actually use it on all the websites I design and I didn't see any platform doing it like Cloudflare.

Cons:

One problem is the IP address. I know it's free but still! when I look up the IP addresses that Cloudflare provide, sometimes I see high risk IP addresses. I hope they monitor these better in the future. Another problem is the cache, sometimes my websites doesn't load properly and I get back and forth on Wordpress and WP Rocket but the real problem is that I have to come back to Cloudflare and purge everything in cache in order to make it work again.

mohamed
mohamed
Content Creator in Egypt
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Cloudflare Review

Pros:

Stopping SPAM POSTS: Cloudflare reviews all communications and browsing processes that take place on your site .. If you suffer from the problem of annoying comments, you will find Cloudflare helps you greatly to reduce the volume of annoying comments .. while prohibiting the owners of annoying comments. Do not worry, as CloudFlare shows a CAPTCHA for the banned visits .. If the visitor is a human, he will write the code required of him, and if not, he will continue to block it .. Thus, Cloudflare guarantees you better protection while also ensuring the access of visitors. Increase browsing speed: Of course, if the Cloudflare reduces the loads on your site by blocking non-human visits and then distributing the cache copy of your site on several CDN servers in the world, that will make your site faster

Cons:

While it speeds up your website, it will sometimes add a second loading screen for security verification purposes. This may cause some delay, and users may have to wait a few seconds and sometimes it can also display a CAPTCHA page asking users to prove that they are human.

Geoffrey
Geoffrey
Infrastructure/Operations in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great for Admins!

Comments: It is a huge time saver when you have to manage lots of one-off sub domains. For trivial sites it reduces system administration work. The caching service is also useful.

Pros:

I like that I can use the reverse proxy to apply an ssl certificate. This saves me immense amounts of time. Before Cloudflare, I would be presented with a random cloud server with something hacked together by a developer on it, and told "We need this live before tomorrow." I would then go about trying to get credentials so I could install the certificate. Now, I can just point a domain at an ip and assign a subdomain and ssl cert without ever having to log into a server.

Cons:

The Ip addresses it uses for the reverse proxy all have to be whitelisted. Since I don't have a private Ip address that is just mine, I cannot use the reverse proxy for certain production servers. If the traffic comes through cloudflare's porxy service, you lose the source unless you change your application to consume a header they attach.

Ryan
IT Systems and Data Protection Officer in UK
, 11–50 Employees

A Free Plan Offering Premium Features

Comments: The main reason we first started using CloudFlare within our business was to upgrade all of our sites to SSL effortlessly, in preparation for the new Google HTTPS stricter rules. CloudFlare served this function perfectly, saving us money on advanced SSL certificates as well as time on installing these certificates manually. Since then, we have explored the other features of CloudFlare and impressed has been an understatement. As stated earlier, the benefits of CloudFlare are simply astonishing for a free product.

Pros:

The free plan on CloudFlare is simply unbelievable value. For the low cost of nothing, you gain a world class CDN system which offers enterprise level security that rivals many premium, high cost solutions. The variety of features is astonishing too, with free SSL certificates, caching services and advanced analytics included also with the free plan.

Cons:

It's hard to fault CloudFlare, but if I were to criticise something it would be that many of the caching features cause severe breakage to a site. For example, whenever I enable the Rocket Loader my WordPress sites are always broken in some form. However, beggars can't be choosers and these issues can simply be averted by not enabling this feature.

Boris
Manager in Croatia
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Amazing CDN and great protection for your website

Comments: We use Cloudflare for caching and CDN primarily, but are also very happy with its DDoS attack protection. All the customers we introduce to Cloudflare are absolutely amazed by how much it improves their website and how well it behaves once behind CDN and solid caching, just by using the free version. Most of them switch to the paid version later on.

Pros:

Everything in Cloudflare is amazing and useful for all the websites I make. If I had to pick and choose I would be hard pressed to choose between the CDN and caching. Both work wonders in improving your website speed, which Google rewards with better positioning, and customers reward with longer retention. The best part - basic features are free to use!

Cons:

Some of the options are not available in the free version and those options are pricey. Other than that, I have nothing I don't like about Cloudflare. Using the free version is enough for basic protection and caching and that works like a charm.

Imran
Imran
Team Coordinator in Bangladesh
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best way to secure and speed up your website worldwide

Comments: Cloudflare does its job very efficiently like no other tools out there. They offer a vast number of useful services. I have had a very delightful experience using Cloudflare. Cloudflare also offers some premium level features in their free plan.

Pros:

Cloudflare has a lot of tools to help boost the site's security and reach worldwide, CDN, SSL, and DDoS features are the most useful feature I appreciate.

Cons:

Cloudflare offers a vast number of features and tweaks, for beginners sometimes it could be a little difficult to understand and implement a feature.

Antonio
Owner in Croatia

The best CDN available

Comments: If you need a CDN, look no further. Cloudflare has your back. You can also optimize your website for faster loading just by pressing a few toggles in their interface. The interface is clean and nice, and very friendly to use. We have all of our websites and all of the websites we made behind Cloudflare, and I can't imagine how it would be without it. In one case it sped up the load time by a factor of six.

Pros:

The basic version of Cloudflare is free and yet does more than some other paid for solutions. All of our pages are behind Cloudflare and it has saved us amazing amounts of bandwidth. We rely on it when our comics go live as we can get quite a number of people reading them simultaneously, and without Cloudflare caching it would be a disaster.

Cons:

Nothing to put here, as I've only had amazing experience with Cloudflare. It is a tried and tested solution that just keeps on giving.

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Cloudflare is for professionals.

Comments: I use Cloudflare on all my websites and my customer sites and I feel that they do the best job at making it easy to edit DNS records, and alone is worth a lot. It also keeps me from needing to learn to edit the DNS records in the various (and weird) interfaces of domain registrars. Overall, I have been with Cloudflare since launch and I trust them with my all of my sites (and my client's sites) access to the internet, and that means a lot.

Pros:

I like being able to set up a customer's DNS records in a matter of minutes with Cloudflare. Ease-of-use is important to me. The good feeling that Cloudflare is blocking mal-intended traffic globally is, of course important too.

Cons:

I use the Cloudflare WordPress plugin and I find it confusing. It is easier for me to just login and turn on "developer mode" or flush the cache on the web app than it is to dig in and find and use the setting inside plugin on my websites.

Dominik
Student in Croatia
Information Technology & Services, 5,001–10,000 Employees

Free CDN that you should be using!

Comments: If you have high bandwidth costs you can cut them at least by half because if you properly set Cloudflare to cache everything, your website will be served from their edge servers which are closest to the client and that leads to super speedy websites for the client which is what we all want when building websites. I need to mention also that their documentation is really good and all the problems I had I successfully fixed by myself and when you need support they are always available by ticket system or even by phone.

Pros:

What I love about Cloudflare is that it is a very versatile piece of art which works incredibly with all my websites. I have a small blog and have been using Cloudflare for a few years. I help me speed up my site and block malicious bots trying to log in or any other attackers. It also has included a web firewall which is great. If you need per page customization of their settings you can always use page rules or even add apps to your website which extend functionality. It really has a lot to offer for a free price.

Cons:

I don't like that their free plan is somehow limited but that is normal in the business world. If you have special needs you will certainly need to pay a few additional page rules or even pro package which is not so expensive but gives an extra few features like image optimization and several options to even speed up your website more. Sometimes it can actually slow down your website because of all additional code added but that is rarely a case and probably is a result of bad theme or bad programming practice.