• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.8 /5

About Syxsense Manage

Stay one step ahead of any threat with advanced and proactive endpoint security that predicts, detects, and neutralizes vulnerabilities

Learn more about Syxsense Manage

Showing 25 reviews of 60

Michael P.
IT Technician
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Great for SMB Remote/Mobile Companies"

Comments: Our deployment team at Syxsense went smoothly with the team giving us the best practices and setting our environment up.

Pros: It allows for our IT team to easily scan and patch Windows(desktop and server) and MacOS with OS and 3rd party updates. No need to manually upload updates, the full update catalog is done by Syxsense. We have a fully automated system scanning and patching schedule with different groups receiving patches at different calendar days. There are also tools included such as ability to view event logs on a machine, view the serial number of a device, and a big one, upload and remotely deploy software that our org didn't have before. A fair amount of our team of about 150 people are traveling or working remote which made a solution like Microsoft's SCCM or WSUS not practical. In addition, we don't have to have a separate management solution for Apple devices. We have the Syxsense agent on cloud hosted servers in Azure and AWS also. Lastly it is very easy to setup patching groups and windows as well as manually scan and patch if needed.

Cons: The remote screen desktop connection tool could be a little more polished.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Rick H.
IT Desktop Administrator
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Constantly listening and improving"

Comments: Being able to monitor inventory, processes, patching and queries in real-time have really helped keep our environment secure and up to date. This has been very important as remote working has increased across the board. This is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my company.

Pros: Each major update seems to improve the UI and simplifies existing processes within the system. I've been using this for over two years and can't be more pleased with how the company listens to it's clients and level of support whenever questions or issues may arise. Implementation was easy, patching is a breeze, software deployment is improving, notifications and customization of queries and reporting has been fantastic. This is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my company.

Cons: Overall, the good far outweigh the bad here. The only issue that pops up now and again is running into duplicate device IDs for end user machines. Support has helped us track down why this happens, and does an amazing job of detailing what causes the issues. However, it seems to come back every so often due to our changing environment. I'd also like to see a right-click option to install applications on a per-machine basis. This is my personal opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion of my company.

Dan O.
Systems Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees

"Time saver!"

Comments: It has been a real lifesaver especially since everyone has been working remotely since covid, being able to keep all of client machines up to date has been easy and caused us one less headaches to worry about.

Pros: Ease of use, We found the interface so easy to navigate and was very intuitive. We were creating patching policies in minutes. Being able to push out software has been great also especially while everyone was working from home.

Cons: Think the interface for managing multiple tasks could be improved would love to be able to quickly edit schedules from 1 screen rather than having to go into each task. Also would the start time and end time that are displayed after task is run never appears to be correct. At the moment it appears that you push the patches/scans from the console with the tasks.. I would much rather that the client pulled and pushed these back.. too often a machine might miss the task we run , would be great if when that machine came back online it would auto report back to the console with its patch status. Wouldn't mind some more comms when new patches are released like Microsoft send out.
Reporting could be better.

Nick W.
Sr. Infrastructure Engineer
Banking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"That solution that works perfectly"

Pros: I love that the software just works and you can set schedules for all patching needs. I have Sxysense setup to be fully automated. A huge pro for this is that Syxsense can patch devices that are connected to Home Wifi when users take devices home.

Cons: I have no big cons for dealing with the software.

Christian D.
IT Operations
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2017

"Excellent all round"

Comments: From my vendor research, Verismic was the only product that fitted all of our requirements to patch our operating systems as well as 3rd party software all from a solution we don't have to host or look after. I can now remotely deploy patches to my users working from home in Australia, from my desk in the UK - can't get any better than that!

Pros: The product is exactly what we were looking for from a patch management solution. It is flexible, salable and cost effective as well as easy to manage and maintain. When you do come across an issue or have any questions the support and account management teams can't be any more helpful - Generally I see replies to my support cases in a matter of minutes and have never had any issues that are left unresolved. I have monthly calls with our account manager who is always well informed of anything you have raised with them. Full training was provided and the team are willing to complete further training for our growing team.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2017
David D.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 15/05/2017

"Easy to Manage devices and instal patches. Reporting and updating clients also important."

Pros: Before using Cloud Management Suite, it was a struggle to manage over 400 devices with SCCM and WSUS. Patching was inefficient and we had no way to keep clients updated with installation reports. With CMS, we were able to get up and running right away. It's very easy to use. Reporting was extremely crucial for us. Now we can keep clients informed of updates and patches installed on every device in their environment.

• Reviewed on 15/05/2017
Talanda W.
Desktop/IT Support Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2017

"Great cloud solution for inventory management/updating"

Comments: CMS has been great. The customer support is top notch, for helping with any features that might not be as intuitive as expected. It's been an awesome solution for managing our computer inventory, as we are mostly a remote company. The reporting is comprehensive and the queries and inventory scans, as well as patches, are extremely helpful. The only thing it's missing is Mac support which I believe is on schedule to be completed this year.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2017
Andrew M.
Head of Infrastructure
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

"Excellent product"

Comments: Awesome love the tool

Pros: Very Easy to manage pretty much set it and forget it

Cons: Would like to be able to automatically join groups upon agent install creates alot of management

Jay C.
Director of IT
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/06/2017

"Proof of Concept went very well, the product provides exactly what we were looking for."

Comments: Solved our 3rd part patching and software distribution need.

Pros: Being cloud based the advantages are numerous. Some of the most notable Pros are the simplicity of the management console and functions and the fact that we don't have to manage it is that we are a SMB with limited tech staff.

Cons: Haven't found any to speak of yet. The only area that I thing could be made simpler to use is the software package builder.

• Reviewed on 16/06/2017
John B.
CTO
  • Reviewed on 31/03/2016

"one company who gets their clients and adopt a can adjust thinking"

Comments: We proved cyber security solutions for the investment community. One key point in security is maintaining updates and reporting the changes. We have found a good partner with Cloud Management Suite. Having the ability to have reports monthly on all our client's machines has given us and our clients the compliance we need. At first, some of these special reports were not available in their offering. After speaking to the company and exampling how documenting what was done is key for compliance. The company created our reports within the same week we spoke. It is a pleasure to work with a company who listens and then act on the items.

• Reviewed on 31/03/2016
Mike N.
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2016

"Really useful tool for distributed environments"

Comments: Really glad we found this solution for my company, which has offices all over the world. The tool is efficient, easy-to-use, and set-up was smooth. Verismic's team also had awesome customer service and consistently answered my questions along the way. My fav part of the patch management tool is the device health feature, which shows where the unpatched systems are and what patches those systems need. I would recommend this to any IT manager that wants an easy to use cloud-based tool.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2016
Fernando L.
Sr Network & Systems Engineer
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/09/2017

"No more long nights and wondering who is missing what."

Comments: The system is really easy to use, and it help manage the most boring job in IT updates. It helped us keep our systems up to date and report on the for our pen test

Pros: The system is super easy to work with, scans are fast and the color coding of systems is super useful.

Cons: I haven't encountered a con yet. Only down side we had was sometimes load times where slow on the site.

• Reviewed on 05/09/2017
Richard B.
Sr Vice President Information Technology
Banking, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2020

"Syxsense, Best tools for application and patch management"

Comments: Exceptional product. Industry leader!

Pros: We evaluated several products. Syxsense surpassed their competitors on all features. It's easy to understand and the application functionality is very intuitive. Deployment was completed quickly through login script and the application become functional within a matter of a couple days. The Syxsense team was knowledgeable and quick to respond to any questions or configuration concerns. This product surpassed our objectives which rarely happens.

Cons: Improvements could be made in executive reporting capabilities.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2020
Won P.
It administrator
Biotechnology, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2020

"Syxsense makes sense if you are a small company who needs almost one stop management"

Pros: The ability to do almost everything one would need in IT administration.

Cons: Bugs with remote connectivity and control, website issues with site rendering. Lack of ability to transfer more than one file at a time from a target system

Paul B.
Wholesale, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/10/2020

"Additional features and reduced costs."

Comments: My over experience with Syxsense Manage has been excellent. When I came into this role there had been a lack of follow up from my MSP on why patches where failing and as a result the estate wasn't patched to a level I was happy with. It only took 3 months with Sxysense Manage to get every machines completely 100% patched, including some key 3rd party applications not just Microsoft and Apple Mac OS patches.

Pros: It has allowed me to have a granularity over my estate patching that I never had when I had a Managed Service Provider patching my estate for me. The remote control function is good in that all a device needs is to have an internet connection for us to be able to fix issues. This has helped us fix VPN issues, remotely. Reporting, the detailed reporting is invaluable to prove the system is doing what I expect and when.

Cons: Remote control tools is a little "flakely" over lower bandwidth connections.

• Reviewed on 08/10/2020
Derek E.
Sr. IT Support Administrator
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2020

"My review on SyxSense"

Comments: My overall experience is great. This has become my go to application and is used daily for me. I enjoy the ability to connect to a users machine without approving the connection. This is very handy when troubleshooting with non technical people. Last, I also enjoy that the connection last even when the computer is not signed in. This has been very handy as I can restart a machine, connect to it, and log back in to complete the troubleshooting steps I am doing.

Pros: I love the software overall. There are a few things in particular I use the software for: Remote access, Viewing a computer's inventory (Installed applications, computer information, logged in user, disk space, and patches). I love the ease of connecting to a users machine. I love the ease in packaging the software.

Cons: There are a few glitches that need improving with the software. First, the remote access option works well. But, switching between the monitors is not so great. I have found that our users working on a wifi connection do not allow us to swap between monitors. If the user is on a wired connection, it appears to work fine. When we first began using the software, swapping worked great. Then, after the last update, it stopped. Also, I noticed that there was a box added to the recipents computer that shows when we connect and offers a disconnect option in the center of the screen. Users have been disconnecting the session as that was the first time they saw that box and they panicked. I am not sure if this should be removed, but relocating it when the connection is established would be great. It should not pop up in the center of the screen and disturb their work. I liked the version before that came in the taskbar and had to be clicked to open the disconnection box. Also, it did not pop up in the middle of the screen in interrupt their work. If this could be moved, it would be great.

• Reviewed on 18/11/2020
Shannon R.
IT Support
Legal Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2017

"Pleasure to deal with"

Comments: Its a great tool that I use daily and wouldnt be able to do my job without it!

Pros: I LOVE this software. In our organisation it is used as an assets DB, Remote control tool and its our patching tool too. As we have offices all over the country its not convenient to go down to the offices every times there is an issue nor is it cost effective for the business, so using CMS is great as we can connect the PCs/ Laptops in seconds to resolve issues and manage machines. The support staff are excellent at resolving any problems quickly and do a thorough job to make sure everything is resolved before closing down the ticket. The training staff are great too! No question is too silly and they are always happy to help with what ever issues / queries we had - IE setting up software deployments and using patch manager.
I would highly recommend CMS for small and large business. Other Verismic products are just as high quality as this one.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2017
Nichollas A.
IT Tech Support
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Syxsense helped me learn"

Comments: Being a young professional, I learned with Syxsense how much important a patch update is and how they affect the workstations, most of time helping dealing with issues with previous patches. Moreover, it makes the environment much easier to take care of having so many useful functionalities that help us in a Daily basis.

Pros: The software have a broad range of functionalities that help an IT environment that goes from letting you check a PC information through inventory to updating patches, creating specific tasks like installing a software and having security options to help maintain your environment as safe as possible.

Cons: The pop up window whenever I am creating a task looks weird for having to side scroll to view some information.

Liam R.
IT Systems Administrator
Wholesale, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"Patch Management Made Easy"

Comments: Overall, the product is helping us save time, and be more efficient when it comes to patch management. It also makes sure that our devices are up-to-date and secure against the many new threats that come about.

Pros: One of the main pros of this software is the ability to easily see the status of your devices in one place, to easily pick out devices that need updating. Being able to click on the device and view a fully detailed view of the device and the patches available for it saves so much time for us as in IT department. Another pro is the ability to schedule patch installations to avoid downtime during the day. The report feature is also very useful for auditing and tracing purposes.

Cons: I am happy with the product and can't think of an improvement at this time.

Chris K.
IT Operations Manager
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"Way better Patching compared to VNC"

Comments: Our company has over 300 computers and we were managing them one by one with VNC. We had no way to automatically deploy patches, software, anything. It was getting more difficult to keep every comp up to date as the company was getting bigger. We were looking for a program that we can push update software to all of our devices at once instead of installing it one device at a time.
Customer service has been amazing and we've saved so much time. I've already referred Cloud Management Suite to several other companies.

Pros: Automatic patch deployment, easy to use, really good customer service. Saves us a lot of time.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Jameson O.
IT Support Specialist
Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2020

"Syxsense Cloud-Based Endpoint System"

Comments: The customer support has been great and so has the training.

Pros: The automated tasks you can create for scanning, patching and deploying is amazing.

Cons: The only thing I'd love in an update would be the ability to remotely deploy multiple software's to one or many computers.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2020
Narasimha B.
System ENgineer
Facilities Services, 501-1,000 Employees

"Syxsense Feedback"

Comments: I dont have to worry if my systems are patched because I can run them on a schedule with Syxsense

Pros: The ease of running patches, pushing software to remote computers and the remote feature in Syxsense are the key factors that I liked about the product

Cons: The UI was really bad couple years ago when we got the software but it has developed a lot over the time.

Arnold G.
IT Department
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/03/2017

"The only way to manage enterprise workstations"

Comments: We have used several methods for managing our workstation PC's. We used automatic updates, WSUS, a few shareware programs and all of them were very time consuming and marginally effective at best. We have 70 employees, each with at least two devices and an IT department consisting of 1. We starting using Patch Manager a little over a year ago and never looked back. Their support team helped me configure everything to get us up and running. A few months later they called to make sure everything was OK. I had a few questions they answered quickly. I have been very pleased with Patch Manager as it has freed my time for other issues.

Pros: Easy to use, priced right, great support

• Reviewed on 15/03/2017
William F.
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2016

"Great for the small shop IT department"

Comments: Maintaining all systems and infrastructure can be a challenge for any IT department. Leaving everything to one person, that becomes almost impossible. With sales agents on the road more than in the office we needed a product that would allow use to update, as well as manage software from a distance. Cloud Management Suite has brought all this together for us, at a fraction of the cost a managed service provider would charge. For those IT professionals who want to take the headache out of patch and software management, so that you can focus on what really matters than this is the software for you!

• Reviewed on 02/05/2016
Kerry L.
IT Security Analyst
Biotechnology, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2020

"A worthy tool in any seurity arsenal"

Comments: Very satisfied with the product and it has been instrumental in our security program

Pros: I like the ability to see statuses at a qucik glance and this product provides that. No time wasted searching. Easy to use. Many, many features and more keep getting added

Cons: Some of the more advanced features coulds do with better documentation