• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Homebase

Time clocks, employee scheduling, and team management for small but mighty businesses. 100k+ businesses love Homebase. You will too.

Learn more about Homebase

Krystal C.
Scheduler
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2021

"Wonderful Software for scheduling"

Comments: Overall, I like Homebase it has made it very easy to communicate with staff though messaging. Staff find the app easy to use as well.

Pros: The layout of the schedule makes it easy to see at a glance where staff are scheduled and their availability.

Cons: I would love to be able to repeat shifts (weekly, Bi weekly, Monthly) per shift/employee. Right now you can only repeat/copy an entire week. Being able to repeat shifts would save me hours of input.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2021
Jeff B.
COO
Medical Devices, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2020

"Easy to use, set-up, maintain, interface and adjust."

Comments: Exceptional. Set it and forget it.

Pros: The interface/importing with QuickBooks Online. Easy to add time and track PTO, holidays, OT and more. Customization for our business hours was perfect. The cost is lowest I have found for the amount of features. T-Sheets in QBO is too pricey for us. Also the remote clock-in features and mobile app is a big hit with employees.

Cons: Importation of hours into QBO Payroll needs to be adjusted and checked, but having HomeBase open after importing employee time cards makes it simple. Just match 1 to 1 and your good. Also the initial holiday set-up can be a bit tricky but HB customer service is excellent and guided us through it.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2020
Danielle M.
Community Program Coordinator
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees

"We Love Homebase"

Comments: Overall. we love Homebase. It has made so many of our processes easier and streamlined. With a few tweaks, it could be even more amazing. The great thing is the company is open to feedback and often test and release new product features.

Pros: My team was using spreadsheets to schedule and to complete payroll before Homebase. What a manual nightmare. There were always so many mistakes and issues. Once we moved to Homebase, it instantly made things better. My contractors were able to see their schedules instantly and at any time they needed it. The reminders an hour before their schedule help them to be on time for their shift. So we have fewer tardies. They can also check their payroll amount at any time during the month instead of having to wait until the end of the month when I am able to calculate it. They have also made schedule swaps easy. It has helped my person who does the scheduling tremendously. It has helped her to be able to get our schedule done in a much faster and efficient way. It has helped me complete payroll in a fast, easy effective way.

Cons: There are sometimes glitches, especially with the app. They are overall minor but can be a pain. For example, sometimes when there is a swap made on the app, it will show a notification, but when you go into the app it doesn't show the swap. Good thing we keep up with them in a chat or we would have no idea who was trying to swap. Also, it is mostly geared towards companies with employees, this could be great if there could be modifications for people who have contractors and do not have to abide by the same restrictions, such as 8-hour shifts, working days consecutively, etc.

Peter K.
Food Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2020

"Excellent for Restaurants, Hourly Employees"

Comments: I've used this as an employee, then as a business owner for about the last 7 years. It's really a no brainer if you need a time tracking tool, and it has been upgraded consistently over the years to add more features. The hiring tool is surprisingly solid as well, and helps to market positions quite well.

Pros: I've used this for so long now it is hard to imagine what I'd do without it. We began using it as a simple time clock, and it has slowly become our go to for hiring, time tracking, time off, and employee messaging. If you have a mostly hourly workforce it is super simple to setup, and as your business grows it has helpful and intuitive tools to make your life easier. Their support in my experience can be a bit disorganized, but they always get the job done and are easy to work with.

Cons: Not as helpful for salaried employees as it is for hourly employees in my experience. The lower tiers lack some of the onboarding functionality and digital form filing I'd like it to have, but I think this may have been added recently.

Jake A.
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2019

"Underrated Product"

Comments: 5 stars is not enough stars. If you get this product, you'll be thrilled. I only have a small business (2 locations, 6 employees), and I use a lot of the features, but I don't need all of them. But it's clear to me that as we grow, Homebase will be able to accommodate, easily.

Pros: Homebase is easy to use, quick, and effective. There is practically no learning curve for new employees. Scheduling is a breeze, as is running reports for payroll. It gives me quick reporting to see my business performance, even when I'm not there I can see how the shops are performing. Clock-in features work great. Customer service and troubleshooting (not that you'll even need it) are seriously amazing. This team treats you like your problem is their main priority.

Cons: I wish the date selection feature still said the day of the week like it used to. It says July 10 2019, but it used to say Wednesday July 10 2019. I mean... that's all I can think of that I would change... and that's kind of a non-issue.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2019
Joyce A.
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2020

"Spectacular service"

Comments: Overall my experience is wonderful everyone has been so kind and helpful if you have any questions and they are really concerned about your business and making sure that you have what you need to be better.

Pros: I was looking for something that was easy and convenient to use and most of our employees are contractors and we do not need to track their hours and we do have one employee that we have to pay hourly and this just seemed like the best way to go. It was free to use for what we needed. What could be better than that. Homebase is wonderful and is just what we were looking for. We are a small business and when we grow we of course will use the service more. But it saves me time doing payroll and it is ADP friendly which is another plus .

Cons: It was a little confusing at first but after using the features and playing with it a bit I found it to be quite logical so I was able to figure things out with just a little playing around. As i played I thought it to be a wonderful program and I could see what a time saver it could be especially if you have more employees than we do.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2020
Brittany W.
Director, Campus Center and Event Services
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/10/2020

"Amazing!"

Pros: I love all the features of homebase. I have used several different scheduling products and homebase is by far the best! The scheduling, the ability to mass upload, the time clock, the time sheets, the reporting, the messaging! All of it is above and beyond anything I have ever used before! I would recommend this to anyone and everyone!

Cons: Only that I am not yet in a position to pay for the reporting features! I can't wait to use those!!

• Reviewed on 01/10/2020
Marie L.
Hospital Administrator
Veterinary, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2020

"Yes I recommend but would like to see a few changes"

Comments: Good. I recommend to others.

Pros: It is very easy to use and to train staff to use. I appreciate the multiple features.

Cons: The message feature leaves a lot to be desired. While the feature is essential to our team and used almost daily, it is cumbersome. For example, I message one team member. After time passes I would like to delete the message- for good. Instead after I delete that message the next time I message that one team member the old message thread reappears (from archive) and if I have deleted every comment in the former thread- it shows those bubbles saying deleted comment by me. YUCK- i do not like.
The new pop up while in the scheduling portion. Anytime I change the schedule it asks if I want to repeat even if changing only one day. Then it takes another click to say no to the box asking that is a quarter size of the page. Please add a do not ask again check box to this.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2020
Operations Director
  • Reviewed on 26/11/2019

"Homebase is an awesome time management tool!"

Pros: Tracking time is so easy with Homebase. I didn't use any of the scheduling features as my team works a standard schedule, but they definitely look easy and simple.

Cons: I'm not sure how I feel about this one but I wish they had different options for pricing. I'm probably the minority here because homebase has one price no matter how many employees you have on the platform. That said, I only needed it for time tracking for 2 employees (rest are salary) so I didn't like paying the same as someone with 50 employees. But if I was tracking more employees time, that would be a pro for me. I also think Homebase needs to work on their positioning because companies like Gusto and Zenefits are starting to integrate time tracking into their app so for people like me with regularly scheduled employee's, there's no benefit to using another system outside my payroll software.

• Reviewed on 26/11/2019
Chelsea R.
Executive Director
Mental Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2020

"Have used free version for our mental health nonprofit for 2+ years"

Pros: As the ED of a young nonprofit I wear a lot of hats. Homebase, offering a free version that is easy to use for schedules, clocking hours, payroll, etc., has made my life significantly easier without a price tag.

Cons: Keeping in mind we use the free version, of course I would love more of the paid features to be included. Maybe fewer pop up. But the fact it is free trumps any of that stuff.

Danny D.
MD
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2020

"Great scheduling and HR software for small business"

Pros: User friendly yet has very advanced settings for those who need more control. Has options for location tracking, time cards are accurate, and able to track PTO simply.

Cons: Nothing, it keeps getting better. No issues of late.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2020
Nancy M.
Owner/operator
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Perfect for small business scheduling"

Comments: Overall experience is good. I got a 1 yr membership after we worked out the bugs. Staff was great to work with and very friendly. Love the app. Just needs timezones settings.

Pros: Employees clocking in and out and I get to see their GPS location

Cons: Customer service is slow to return messages but they told me they are a small staff, serving the world... also if i travel, i cannot do scheduling as it doesn't support the timezones, its a cluster to schedule when in different timezones

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Allison W.
General Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/12/2020

"Pretty good for scheduling"

Pros: Not having to do schedules on paper for 25 plus employees every week. Having the employees enter and update their own availability. Being able to approve time-off requests, even though in this industry (food & beverage) people will just quit or not show up if you don't approve their time off requests. Employees can see their time-sheets and estimated pay.

Cons: Has recently been glitchy with logging in and the time clock app not working. Auto-scheduling will schedule people on double shifts, at both locations at the same time, on days they are marked with approved time off. It seems like they are trying to expand into other areas (payroll and banking) instead of making sure that what we are already paying for works properly all the time.

• Reviewed on 02/12/2020
Pete F.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2021

"Great program"

Comments: It has been great

Pros: Homebase is a great tool for any restaurant. It helps manage your schedules, employees and labor. I would highly recommend it to anyone.

Cons: No daily lineup. Would be nice to print daily lineups so that changes are made rather than have to print weekly ones

• Reviewed on 23/01/2021
Shilleah S.
Sales and Marketing Supervisor
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Great Clock In Tracker for Small Businesses"

Comments: Overall, we are happy with it! We were using paper time cards for everyone, so this is a huge improvement for us!

Pros: It has a really easy interface for everyone to clock in and out with their passwords when they start and end their shifts. It also allows all our employees to download an app to their phone that will remind them to clock in/out and also will tell them how much they made that day! Love that.

Cons: As an administrator it doesn't allow me to schedule a shift for my employees and have them clock in and out for their lunch or breaks. In order to account for lunch break, the only way to do it is to do multiple shifts for that person for the day. That part is kind of annoying, but not a deal breaker. It is also not an easy interface to use templates from previous weeks or rename then. It says you can do it once the schedule is published, but it doesn't direct you to there once you have done so.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Jason W.
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2021

"Homebase Review"

Comments: I've been very happy with Homebase. I don't anticipate changing. The ease of use and hiring feature keep me around the most.

Pros: Easy to learn, easy to use, especially the scheduling part of the software. Scheduling managers are up and running on it within 30 minutes.

Cons: Better integration with payroll software with companies that have multiple locations. Adding multiple locations also requires an additional level of subscription which can be pricey. Homebase has some difficulty talking to Square POS and has gotten disconnected a few times recently.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2021
Mae W.
Manager of Visitor Services
Museums & Institutions, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2020

"The best Timekeeping system out there!"

Comments: I have LOVED it every step of the way. I tried out lots of other solutions through online systems to local business management organization offers, and this was by far the BEST and MOST AFFORDABLE. I’ve tried to convince every manager or owner I know to switch over!

Pros: - super customizable
- User friendly interface on desktop, tablet, and mobile
- easy for administrators to work with on a daily basis
- nice excel spreadsheets for print
- makes my life significantly easier
- awesome way to schedule and track time for staff

Cons: - I wish it was easier to separate departments as an owner for schedule views, printed timesheeets, etc.
- the default notifications can be overwhelming to timid to change staff
- individual departments are not customizable

Kristine B.
General Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"Needs to be faster."

Comments: It works, at a much less cost...but I will be looking for a product that can work faster for the next year.

Pros: The team messaging works wonderfully.
The cost is about 1/3 of the program we just switched from.
The integration is better with our payroll provider with dual job titles

Cons: Cannot customize meal breaks from 30 minutes to 60 minutes.
The length of time it takes to review and resolve time card issues is horrendously slow (each issue takes 30 to 60 seconds to even respond).
No ability to re-sort rosters/timecards to alpha by last name.
My staff has issues with clocking in/out.

Eric G.
Security & Investigations, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2020

"Most Flexability for the Money"

Comments: Overall, This keep my employee in the know of where to be and when and for management to know the same and track this historic data.

Pros: I absolutely love the SHIFT NOTES feature and the ability to track the GPS location of my employee's when they clock in

Cons: The Cost is a bit high for the functionality it provides.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2020
Patrick N.
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/11/2020

"Great software w/ payroll integrations"

Comments: Glad we switched. Great control from both the employee and management sides.

Pros: Ease of scheduling and exporting time cards to our payroll provider.

Cons: The messaging platform is probably utilized the least due to staff not noticing messages in the inbox. If there was an alert option to turn on, so when people opened the app or clocked in they would get an in app notification that there was a message in the inbox that would be helpful.

Alden W.
General manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2020

"Good product"

Comments: Pretty happy

Pros: The timesheets are amazing. I like the tips functionality. Have found the schedule app a bit clunky

Cons: Support is lacking. Was difficult to setup and get everything linked, still have issues with pos and homebase linking

• Reviewed on 19/11/2020
Peter V.
General Manager/Chef
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2021

"Great Product"

Comments: so far it has been very good. I just need to purchase more options.

Pros: It is very easy to use and set up.

Cons: I am cheap. HaHa so paying full price for all the features. But I am sure it is well worth it. I am very familiar with Hot schedules and your value is much better.

• Reviewed on 05/03/2021
Matthew O.
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/06/2020

"Essential for our business"

Pros: Homebase has been essential for our business. It not only helps with scheduling and keeping track of time, but all of our hiring is done through this as well. One thing that I really find helpful is that while scheduling it displays the weather forecast for our area. As an ice cream shop, our business ebbs and flows with the weather and this is really helpful in determining how many people to schedule.

Cons: I can't think of anything that I don't like about this software. I wish it had a payroll service integrated so that we could keep all of our time tracking and payroll in one place, but they were talking about adding that a while ago, so I'll see what comes of that.

• Reviewed on 04/06/2020
Cortese W.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2020

"Great for small businesses"

Comments: Overall it’s been great. I have posted job announcements to multiple platforms and hired new employees with ease. And updating and sending my employees schedules weekly.

Pros: Getting set up was a breeze. I added employees and was ready to begin setting up schedules immediately. I love that my employees can see their schedule from wherever they are.

Cons: It’s easy to drag hours even when you don’t mean to. It can shift hours and even if you put the hours back you have to reward e the schedule instead it not reverting back

• Reviewed on 31/07/2020
Essence B.
Delivery Manager
Alternative Medicine, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2020

"Great Work App"

Comments: It's been an extremely pleasant experience using Homebase. It's made hour tasking easy.

Pros: It's incredibly easy to have a pin number clock in system that keeps track of hours worked, time off, employee information, etc.

Cons: The feature to change the wage rate should be given to anyone at the Manager level of experience, especially if the rate changes often. The Find Cover for a shift should be able to be done from either a phone app or on the computer.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2020