• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5
    4.4 /5

About HubSpot CRM

HubSpot CRM has everything you need to organize, track, and build better relationships with leads and customers.

Learn more about HubSpot CRM

Showing 2,741 reviews

Leandro N.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2021

"A potentially excellent business suite that is hobbled by its numerous pay walls."

Comments: Hubspot has a great starter plan that resembles the software mechanics of "free to play" games. The user interface, integrations, email marketing, contact tracking are all top-notch. As long as your contact list is small, your email marketing frequency is sparse, and you don't need automations, you are good to go. However, as your business grows, your contact list will swell up, your email marketing frequency will increase, and the sheer scale will make automations a must. So what is the problem? Let me give you a quick rundown of the costs involved, using 2000 contacts as a baseline: 1) You can start with Free CRM (0$ per month)
2) Once you need a few features, then you upgrade to Growth Starter suite, which is $67 per month, or $804 per year.
3) However, once you need automations, you must upgrade to professional growth suite, which is currently at $1253 a month, with a 12-month commitment, and a $3500 onboarding fee, which means your yearly costs balloons to $18536.
I do not think there is any startup or early business that can afford to increase its marketing and CRM suite costs by 2300%. Most businesses must make the painful decision to abandon Hubspot and find new CRM suites which much more reasonable cost escalations. By then, you lost 1 to 2 months migrating, learning the new tools and onboarding your team. In all, a great tool for enterprises. Small businesses and startups, just stay way. You will end up regretting it just as your business begins to take off.

Pros: The email marketing tool is very robust, almost as good as Mailchimp (but falling short in design options). The ability to upload PDFs and other documents brings two benefits: not having to re-edit permalinks when you do file changes and, most important of all, tracking. Hubspot allows you to track document opens, which is useful to measure lead engagement and segment further. The service ticket is very good and allows and admin to track the team. The CRM app is as good as any other. The Gmail add-on is great for tracking, as is the Outlook plug-in. However, at my time of use, the outlook plugin was only available for Windows. Customer support was top-notch, too. The few times I had some issues, I had access to a huge library of FAQs sites, and the chat support was quick as well. They do tend to try to upsell you some features while they help you, but it is not too naggy.

Cons: The amount of emails you can send is directly related to how many contacts you have. If you send a lot of them per month, you will need to increase your contact list to twice of what you have, just to be able to send more marketing campaigns. Business who send heavily segmented mails depend on this for dear life.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2021
Joseph P.
Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 23/01/2021

"Nothing compares to HubSpot"

Comments: The overall experience with HubSpot is such that I've tried to get it implemented company-wide! I preach HubSpot whenever the opportunity arises! It's all so very smooth, connected and automatic, and it saves me time every day so I can focus on selling and not as much on administrating.

Pros: Aside from the overall ease of use, I love that HubSpot connects with my Outlook and automatically logs and tracks emails. And that I get notifications on my phone when an email is opened. I can then call that person at that time while I'm on their mind, and my HubSpot app automatically logs the call and gives me a chance to jot a few notes too. Or perhaps they open the email and click the link to my HubSpot meeting scheduler...even better! It's all so blessedly interconnected and automatic!

Cons: I wouldn't say the task manager is bad, but sometimes I wish I had the ability to prioritize tasks..

• Reviewed on 23/01/2021
Phillip P.
Managing Director
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2021

"Great entry to mid-market CRM platform"

Comments: Great experience. We have migrated off of Keap/Infusionsoft and within 2 weeks we have seen great improvement in our CRM.

Pros: Overall lead/contact management, transparency into how your prospects engage with your emails/content, customizable features, and reporting.

Cons: Our company requires some custom reporting that we continue to work through with your HubSpot onboarding specialist. Hopefully this can be solved for so we can accurately measure our pipeline value.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2021
Director of Growth
  • Reviewed on 21/01/2020

"Basic plan is best value"

Comments: Overall, HubSpot is our go-to, all day every day. The most important aspect to us is that it allows us to keep all of our information and updates in one place easily organized and accessible across our organization.

Pros: We've had both the premium and basic plans of HubSpot and for what we need/use, the basic level is more than sufficient. It's a fantastic value and gives lots of options with a very clean interface and usability.

Cons: The single only premium feature we would utilize for our structure would be having multiple pipelines, however, for something this relatively small I couldn't justify the huge cost difference of upgrading just for that essentially.

• Reviewed on 21/01/2020
Shawn H.
Senior Digital Strategist
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2019

"HubSpot Over Everything Else"

Comments: Once you get to know your way around the CRM with all the functionality it's really easy to use. Take time to get training on all of the functionality and HubSpot does a good job with their training staff.

Pros: It's easy to keep track of everything in the sales pipeline like the last conversations you or another rep has had with a prospect or client, how many times you've followed up and to determine what work still needs to be done.

Cons: It very rarely can be glitchy but when it is, it can be annoying. There are a lot of duplicate contacts that are in the CRM that confuses things a bit but they get cleared out then you'll have another batch to take care of.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2019
Laci C.
Internet, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"An Overly Honest Review"

Comments: Overall, Hubspot is an incredible software with more to offer than I originally thought possible in one system. While there's a lot of room for improvement, they make weekly updates to software. It's continually growing and getting better and it was already very impressive. I have become the cheerleader in my company for Hubspot and if they were a football team, they'd be the team that consistently beats their more talented rivals but doesn't always score against the easy wins. It's frustrating but knowing their talent and that they're truly better than that, you realize that they'll figure it out sooner or later. Go team, go!

Pros: I like the overall ease of use within Hubspot. Tasks like building a landing page or setting up an automation workflow are not longer complicated pieces of code. They're truly user friendly to build, change, and report on. There are so many resources to help you if you do get stuck on anything. Between the blogs, learning academy, ask the community, and actual support... you can find the answer to any question. Sometimes the answer is simply that it cannot be done and then you're prompted to leave your idea in the community to vote on. This feature is another one that I appreciate a lot as we've been told that the communities top voted ideas are the ones the engineers work to bring to light first. If this is true or not is unknown by me, but I do greatly like the idea.

Cons: Hubspot is a wonderful software however, the worst headache a user will have is Hubspot missing many key and often basic features regardless of the level you purchase. They simply don't exist. A couple examples, you cannot schedule reoccurring tasks. This means if you have daily Tasks that you want to add to your Task Queues (another absolute favorite feature) you will have to manually add each daily task. Tasks also don't sync to your Google Calendar. The Conversation Inbox is their most limited feature in my opinion. This is meant to serve as your email system however there are so many holes in it that we were not able to navigate away from our existing email platform. You cannot have folders or multiple inboxes in the same view unless they are the default folders. You cannot make your own at this time. You have to manually add your signature if you are working from the inbox but it will automatically populate if you are working from a contact's page. Hubspot form submission notifications come into your separate email platform visually appealing and easy to read, however this email does not show up on the contacts timeline but instead the information gather is presented in a hard to find expandable note that is not user friendly. More so that pretty Hubspot email does come into Hubspot, it just gets automatically marked as spam due to Hubspots none-changeable rule that anything coming from [email protected] gets marked as spam.

Nisarg G.
Business Analyst
Logistics & Supply Chain, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2019

"Using it for more than 2 years"

Comments: - Overall experience is better than any other CRM available in the market. if you are a small scale company than the works better than Salesforce.

Pros: - Easy to implement
- Automated our sales process
- You can customize the fields as per your requirements
- The system is not that buggy except for last month couple of issues for the software

Cons: - Marketing automation is a little faulty as you can not get accurate data from Hubspot. Hubspot data and google analytics data shows the difference. - Customer Services is not that trained, most of the time I ended up with finding a solution with my self

• Reviewed on 10/06/2019
Chloe C.
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 25/09/2018

"A must have for any business!"

Comments: Overall, I would definitely recommend Hubspot to any business who wants to keep records of client data and communication.

Pros: This software has made my life so much easier! With automatic email logging and the ability to make notes, log phone calls and other important documents, Hubspot keeps all of my important information in one place. Hubspot gives me the ability to store all my clients details, their company details and all my communication with them in one bit of software. This makes it easy to look back over whenever I need to and keep up to date with what's going on. Hubspot also has the ability to have multiple team members within one account. Although this isn't something I use currently, it is something I have used in the past. This feature is wonderful for all team members to see emails both incoming and outgoing from customers / clients and is a life saver for looking back over email / telephone communications say if a team member is off ill and their client needs looking after for a few days. Hubspot has also been updated to comply with GDPR standards. A key positive for Hubspot for me is the knowledge that my collected data will stay in Hubspot for as long as I keep the software. As I am looking to take on employees within the next year, these new team members will be able to learn about exiting customers / clients through the information stored in Hubspot.

Cons: It can be a little pricy for individuals. Personally, I went back to the free plan after not feeling I got my moneys worth out of the more advanced plan. Hubspot doesn't always integrate with other software you may have, or sometimes it will integrate but not as well as you would like. I use Spark email for OS. Although Hubspot does still track my outgoing and incoming email, if I BCC clients into an email, this isn't tracked in Hubspot. This can be a little annoying but it's not a deal breaker for me.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2018
Joseph L.
CRO
  • Reviewed on 01/12/2020

"Hubspot is the Bomb"

Comments: Incredibly easy experience to get trained on and to use. Highly recommend.

Pros: I love using Hubspot. We were looking for a new CRM platform for our startup and after looking around and even trying many other solutions, we landed on Hubspot and we are super happy we did. Easy to use, great UI, and always giving you helpful hints and tricks to be successful.

Cons: Lots of choices so you need to determine how to set it up to best suit your needs. Once you have your profiles set, you are well on your way.

• Reviewed on 01/12/2020
Nick Y.
SDR
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2019

"Hubspot CRM"

Comments: I rather enjoy Hubspot. I have set up the system at my last two jobs and it has been a time and life saver.

Pros: Easy to set up and use. Makes handling day to day tasking and operations a breeze. Sequences truly help manage your day and ensure you are getting your calls in, instead of having to constantly be doing manual processes for everything.

Cons: The updates to the platform that are not announced prior to launch. A better notification system for updates would be fantastic.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2019
Andrew J.
Client Relations Administrator
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2020

"HubSpot is what You're Looking For"

Comments: My overall experience has been great. We've seen a lot of prospects "open" and "click" our emails, but having a tough time getting them to respond back. Other than that. Phenomenal software.

Pros: Easily view prospect and lead profiles to see how they've reacted to calls, emails, etc.
Connect to a prospects LinkedIn immediately
The task and Que feature come in handy when reaching out to multiple leads
The marketing email creator has been spectacular, especially for companies such as ours who MUST keep clients up to date in this crazy COVID-19 era.

Cons: I wish that it would generate leads for you, but that's asking a lot. You get everything you need with HubSpot, but you have to have prospects, leads, and customers to distribute your content to. Once you have those HubSpot literally takes care of the rest! One more thing: I really need help getting my salesmen all in, they seem skidish about using the software.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2020
Cathie B.
Co-Founder
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"The Best Free CRM"

Comments: I have used Hubspot since 2010. I have watched it become the best Marketing Platform that is available on the market. I love that the CRM is free. I started a new business after using the Professional version of the software for years with another company, and I can still get a lot out of the free application.

Pros: The Price for a small business or startup up is excellent! It is free. It is very easy to use and customize to work the way you need it to work for your business. Keeps track of all your interactions with clients, partners, and supporters in a very easy to read area. Interacts with Outlook or Google, to make sure that all the email correspondence with your contacts is documented and kept in the right place

Cons: I don't like that sometimes I have to reconnect it with my Outlook application, and it causes Outlook to open slowly.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Rita S.
Group Marketing Manager
Hospitality, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/08/2019

"The BEST CRM in the market, hands down"

Comments: We have been able to promote transparency and alignment between marketing and sales, makes the teams work better together.

Pros: Get ready to read the longest, most positive review about a CRM. I'm extremely passionate about Hubspot (in general) and the CRM isn't an exception. I literally promote it to everyone and anyone who wants to listen to me. It's a fully comprehensive CRM that includes any and every interaction yours customers have had with your team. It provide and promotes Sales and Marketing Alignment and transparency, the sales team has access to everything marketing is doing and the marketing team can see the results from their work. You can use it to record any sales interaction (phone calls and emails), leave notes on a customer's timeline, easily book meetings by providing someone with an availability link (if you use gmail or office 365), you can see your prospects, analytics, stats, reports. You can create snippets and email templates, save files that you send frequently (ie brochures)... Trust me, it's never ending and you should definitely get it! It's a shame that Hubspot won't pay me commission because if they did, I would be rich now :)!

Cons: I have had my frustrations with Hubspot, but they are genuinely committed to work with their clients and everything has been sorted, so there's nothing at the moment!

• Reviewed on 09/08/2019
Nathan B.
Inside Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2020

"HubSpot > Salesforce"

Comments: It has been stellar. I never find myself getting frustrated using HubSpot. Anytime that I have needed support, they are there and always pleasant to interact with. I couldn't envision myself using a different CRM anytime soon.

Pros: It is so simple to use. Being a manager and having used HubSpot also to manage a pipeline as an AE, I can't tell you how much time and effort I have saved over using Salesforce. Terms are more clear, and I am able to work faster. Being in the SaaS, SMB space, that is supercritical to how my team and I operate. My favorite features are HubSpot score, task queues, sequences, and tracking capabilities. I also love how the marketing team and their efforts are always just a handshake away. Having both marketing and sales work from the same piece of software makes collaboration and information sharing a breeze.

Cons: HubSpot is expensive. But like anything in life, you get what you pay for. There are also a few little things here and there from the community that I think they could be faster to implement, but I am sure that HubSpot has their reasons why they do or do not.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2020
Abraham S.
Team Leader
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2019

"Time saver tool helps to close the deal quickly"

Comments: After using Hubspot we do not feel to use our previous tool which is CRM , this saves a lot of time.
Some of the best features are
Dashboard - we can check our teams overall activities like day ,month wise
Creating deal - which helps us to close the sale
Meeting scheduling - with our client
Sequences - which helps us to automatically send a mail as per our requirements
There are so many other advantages which helps us to close our sale easily .

Pros: The most interesting services which i liked was integration of email and Just call which helps us to follow up on daily basis and it helps us to also listen to the call recording of the previous conversation done by the advisor .
We also receive a notification in the gmail if anyone opens the email and this helps us to call the students quickly and to follow up with them .
Its easy to track prospects and identify the leads which are closer to get converted

Cons: Most of the services are really good only think i found it difficultly was the duplicate lead getting created .
If a student is registering with one email and different phone number we get two new lead .
It takes time to learn since we have lots of features available and you will need to go through the learning center to go through completely .

• Reviewed on 27/04/2019
Nick S.
Marketing Analyst
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2018

"HubSpot CRM it's Simple, Powerful and the best system for Sales and marketing to work in together."

Comments: HubSpot CRM it's Simple, Powerful and able to scale with your organisation, what more can you wish for? Not only the platform offers a great experience, but the support is great as well. They have great idea's and are always there to help you out. of course, they have some small isues every once in a wile, but it's all wel wordt it

Pros: To start off with Hubspot is Simple and Powerful. With their easy to use interface, you can get the overview and contact information you need and this is even customizable per user. Hubspot also offers a great In-Sync with their Marketing, sales and service Hub, because all systems use the same database. Hubspot is a great solution that offers a product for business with a growth ambition and is able to grow along with them HubSpot CRM (and other tools) are constantly in development, so features that you miss might come soon. it's great to work with a tool that adapts to the changing demand and technology.

Cons: In my opinion there are no real cons for working with Hubspot. But there is something you have to consider (or learn to live with). Hubspot is a fast-moving company that releases new features on in a fast passed.
the downside of this is that new features are not as must buildout as you should wish they were.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2018
Marketing Coordinator and Project Manager
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2019

"Great free CRM but some important features behind a pay wall"

Comments: Overall we have had a great experience with HubSpot and will continue to use it in the future.

Pros: - Great free CRM
- Easy to track leads
- Good for tracking deal flow
- Easily set up email tracking
- Can send emails and track forms from one place

Cons: - Need to pay to unlock some important features
- Plans are expensive but worth the cost if you need them

• Reviewed on 16/12/2019
James B.
Digital Media Specialist
  • Reviewed on 10/05/2018

"Hubspot CRM is like Grandma's cookies... nothing else comes close."

Comments: HubSpot CRM integrates other softwares like Gmail, and keeps communication seemless between staff and leads. The very friendly interface is invaluable - it's hard enough having a lot to do, I'd rather not spend weeks trying to figure out how to use a CRM well - and the software is robust. I can assign team members to leads, create deadlines, and know every interaction that a lead has had with us, all in one location.

Pros: This software is very comprehensive as far as data tracking contacts, keeping organized with what contacts different staff is assigned, and communication methods built-in with the CRM. The ease of use is incredibly well thought out and appreciated.

Cons: My only gripe is that this software doesn't cater more to non-profits. I wish I could track financial data and more "donor-esque" information, but even some of that I am manually able to add fields for. Definitely not for donor tracking, though.

by HubSpot on 22/05/2018

Hello James!

Thank you for finding the time to write such a detailed review of our product, we really appreciate your feedback!

I'm glad to hear that you find the CRM easy to use and comprehensive!

As far as room for improvement - I think your comments about making the product more nonprofit friendly are super interesting! If you have more ideas on this we would love to hear more about them at [email protected]!

Thank you again James for the review!

• Reviewed on 10/05/2018
Member Services Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/07/2019

"Simple and free CRM"

Comments: We were quite pleased to see how easy it was to setup and get our data into the tool. Questions from team members were kept to a minimum (due to simplicity) which made the rollout process almost seamless.

Pros: - The fact that it's free is a great bonus for start up companies
- You can build up your client base/revenue before opting to move to paid plan
- It has all the functionality of typical CRMs
- User interface is simple to understand

Cons: - Once you've outgrown the free functionality and are ready to move to a paid plan the jump in price is quite jarring.
- Seems to be for larger enterprises once you get into the paid plans

• Reviewed on 18/07/2019
Spencer R.
Marketing Manager
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2017

"Simple, Powerful, Integrated, and In-Sync With Marketing"

Comments: We are a professional employer organization. We have a small sales team that is spread across the country. We have a small marketing team as well. Our sales team was not using our prior CRM. It felt like a tax they had to pay in order to make sales. This CRM actually helps them sell. They love using it. They like the simplicity and they like how it reduces the amount of manual data entry they have to do. We also were trying to find a way to build our proposal information gathering process into our CRM and the flexibility of this CRM and the integrations with things like google drive and zapier made it possible. Combining this tool with the HS marketing platform is just an incredible combination. Real time fully integrated databases with our sales and marketing team make us more in-sync. It has allows us to worry about selling and marketing instead of our data.

Pros: The built in notifications. The clean design. Visual drag and drop deal stages. Custom field options. Web form integrations. Other web app integrations. Sales tools. Timeline layout is great for contextual selling.

Cons: Early on there was some challenges with importing our old data into the tool because of their email requirements, but that has been resolved.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2017
Lonnie A.
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2017

"We Love This Product"

Comments: We've been using this product since it was released. It has been constantly upgraded and new features are added all the time. For what we do, B2B sales, it is almost all we need. The fact it is integrated with the Hubspot Marketing means you do very little data entry. It takes less than an hour for us to set it up for new clients, compared to many, many months for other more complex systems we've implemented. Strong Points: Does a lot of work for you, keeping you from having do a lot of data entry. The meetings tool has resulted in a lot of customer engagement that would have not happened without it. The templates and sequences are a great help and really make you think about what you want to say and how you want to say it to customers. The ability to modify the Sales Pipeline stages is very helpful and the ability to create different sales pipelines is also very critical. The available free training is also a great addition to the tool. Weak Points: The lack of a Configure, Price and Quote system means you have to buy a third party system if you want to actually be able to close deals from within the tool. The mobile app is constantly being improved but needs a few additional pieces of functionality. The ability to call from within the app is great however, it lacks the management systems large volume call centers require. It isn't really the same as an Inbound Call Center application and users should bear that in mind.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2017
Megan B.
Support Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11-50 Employees

"Hubspot Review"

Pros: Being apart of a growing company, Hubspot is great for a small team as well as one that may be experiencing growing pains. It's extremely user-friendly & intuitive.

Cons: There are a couple issues that could be fine-tuned (additional filters or a way to add customized filters would be amazing). My biggest gripe is that there isn't an option to auto-enroll contacts into a sequence & you are required to click through each client.

Adam D.
Digital Marketing Coordinator
Medical Devices, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2018

"Happy HubSpot User"

Comments: It has been great. Our department is very lean, so HubSpot helps us accomplish more than we thought we were capable of. Our sales people were a bit hesitant at first, but now they are starting to see how helpful HubSpot can be for them.

Pros: It gives you everything you need to be a successful marketer. From social scheduling to full blown email automation, there are a handful of tools that will help you improve your marketing efforts while saving time. On the CRM side, our sales people are truly starting to see the benefit. They are using features such as Tasks to keep themselves organized, and Sequences to automate time-consuming email follow ups. Most importantly, the CRM has helped us connect our marketing efforts to bottom-line revenue, which is why we purchased the software in the first place.

Cons: There is some useful functionality missing. For instance, it would benefit me greatly if HubSpot could track Marketing email replies. Many of my sales reps have been working with their customers for 20+ years, so instead of clicking a CTA button or link, they tend to reply to an email. This hurts us in workflows because there have been several occasions where a contact should have been unenrolled because an email was replied to. However, since HubSpot can't track that, the contacts whom replied end up receiving the next email in the workflow instead of being unenrolled, causing them confusion and making us look crazy.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2018
Zach P.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2020

"A great CRM for a small business"

Comments: My experience has mostly been positive. 4 out of 5 stars. Because of some significant limitations, though, it hasn't been completely good.

Pros: It was easy to learn and mostly point and click. You can manage thousands of contacts, create robust automations using lots of third-party integrations, and it has legal compliance (like Anti-SPAM) built in. And I like that you can have an unlimited number of limited users.

Cons: You cannot create forms with three tiers of logic, and on the second tier, you cannot reorder the form without deleting all the fields and insert them again. Also, there is a hard limit of 1,000 custom fields, which is not something you can even buy more of, which in my opinion is a severe limitation. Also, it does not integrate with as many third-party services as SalesForce does.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2020
Elissavet P.
Customer Support
Online Media, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"Hubspot Review by Elissavet Pavlitsa"

Comments: Hubspot CRM is very useful for my company. This last year we understood our customers and we can contact them with different kinds of channels through one software.

Pros: It is easy to use, even at the beginning. The Hubspot Academy can help you to understand every aspect of the Hubspot.

Cons: The reports that are available for Hubspot Starter or even that at the email templates you do not have the opportunity to edit as you wish the emails

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020