• Overall
    4.4 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5

About IDoneThis

Lightweight, agile task management tool that anyone can implement within their team or workflow.

Learn more about IDoneThis

Jeremy G.
Electronics Engineer
Military, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2018

"Capture your completions"

Comments: Simple and streamlined way to capture my daily thoughts and completions as well as end of week incompletions that I can mark especially. This saves me from having my own system and keeps it easily accessible and easily captured so I can focus on doing. Tracking completions for me hasn't helped me celebrate wins, notice patterns in my work and moods, and focus on doing and not on random distractions or details like many productively systems I've tried.

Pros: Easy to use and integrate with my productivity system

Cons: Really does everything I want with. I issued but if I had to say something - Don't have ways to link other productively files that I use like excel to have everything in one place.

• Reviewed on 16/10/2018
E-commerce Fraud and Payments Management
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/08/2019

"Good tool to monitor teams activity"

Pros: My favorite aspect of this tool is that not only help you to have an overview of the projects/tasks your teams are working into, but it allows you to have a full view of the daily obstacles the team members have during their day to day work. Many other platforms are very good is project planning but fail in implementing a feature that accounts the unexpected tasks of the day to day, which part part of the work of fast moving industries of today. This fast sharing of the status of the work allows you to be more connected to the team and issues to be solved faster

Cons: Trial period is extremely short as it is just 3 days. To have a good understanding of the potential of the tool and the benefits that can bring to the team, a normal team would need at least from a week to 10 days of trial

• Reviewed on 18/08/2019
Audrey R.
Manager of Design, Teaching and Learning with Technology
Higher Education, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"Quick task tracking for life and work"

Comments: It's incredibly easy to use, just type into a field whatever it is you want to track. I use it to track everything from general work tasks to what season/episode of shows that I've watched in a given day. It helps me keep track of where I left off especially when I'm watching several shows at the same time (afaik, Netflix is the only service that gives you watch history). You can export your data into an Excel file and customize your notifications such as get weekly updates and/or daily reminders.

Pros: You can use hashtags to help organize for later searching/aggregating.

Cons: I don't have any complaints, actually! You get a lot with the free version.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Retired
Accounting, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"Great For Looking Back"

Comments: I don't use I Done This for business but my daughter-in-law does and she's the one who started me on it. So I can't say anything about my business experience with it, but she loves it. As a personal user, I would be very upset if they discontinued the personal page, because it's like having a short journal to keep track of your life.

Pros: I have the personal version and I like that I can see that I actually accomplished something in a day. And if I need to check back on when I did something, the search feature is a great help. I Done This almost feels like an easy, short journal, helping you to remember and capture what you did in any particular day.

Cons: I've been using this about 4 years and can't say there's anything I don't like. The app was really wonky but I mostly use the web site on my computer so that didn't matter to me. Although it's nice to hear they're coming out with a new app.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
John J.
Sales Manager
Business Supplies & Equipment, 11-50 Employees

"Managers use of iDone"

Comments: Again, because the comments section does not work easily, problem solving is difficult. The primary use of this program is as a “call report”. Team interaction is cumbersome.

Pros: Easy to share events and thoughts quickly and in real time.

Cons: The comments area is porly designed. No edit capability and it clearly gets no attention from the designers. Actually, from a manager’s view point, the comments area is the most important. Even for a sales team, a sales person often reaches out for ideas fro the team and those ideas are very difficult to share. It seems as though the designers do not see the value of comments. I have complained about this issue for 3 years now with absolutely no result and certainly no improvement. Because of this I would be reluctant to recommend the use of this program.

Director, McVay Youth Partnership
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Such a helpful program!"

Comments: See above.

Pros: I use IDoneThis for both personal and professional reasons. I spend a few minutes every night entering the highlights of my day. I include trips I take that I can use for mileage reimbursement. It also helps me remember when I went to an appointment, or took care of a grandchild, or went to a particular event. I love it!

Cons: I don't have any complaints. I would like to be able to easily capture all my calendar entries as an ongoing diary of my life. I know you can download it to an excel file, which is fine. But, if there were a way to have them compile a monthly/yearly day-by-day account that I could save in a pdf or print, that would be cool. But, I'm happy with what I have.

Joan V.
VP of Marketing
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"IDoneThis is a great solution for keeping our team members connected."

Comments: I am a remote team leader so this software keeps me connected with my team. It also allows me to respond to their to-do (or done!) items, offering suggestions, assistance, or congrats!

Pros: Our tasks and goals are completely transparent now, and we can respond to other people's items, ask questions, and offer suggestions and help. As a team leader who works remotely, I feel more connected to my team members and I have a better handle on their pain points - and I can celebrate their successes, as well. IDoneThis allows me to be in the loop on things that I might otherwise miss.

Cons: It duplicates tasks and I'm not sure how to clean that up. On the day the tasks are scheduled, my to-do list looks fine. But when I review a previous day (or when the summary is emailed to me) I often see a long list of duplicated tasks.

Jo L.
Numerology Counsellor
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

"Quick and Easy"

Pros: I use this system for tracking income and travel as well as accomplishments. I usually use the 'reply' function on the evening email, and it is fast and simple and stored where I can access it. The fact that I can go to my calendar and search for specific keywords allows me to coordinate information easily and verify dates when necessary.

Cons: The only complaint I have ever felt is when I get distracted and don't complete the daily list.
Needing to catch up with three or four days of neglected iDones is 100% my own fault, and I find it sufficiently onerous that I don't neglect it for longer periods.

Larry B.
Retired Part time
Education Management, 501-1,000 Employees

"My Favorite Software"

Comments: I have used IDoneThis for over 5 years and am very pleased with the software. Being retired and out of the mainstream, I do not use or need the team function.

Pros: I am able to have a daily record of important (and some not important) items that occur in my life. I am able to access the program easily and record an item. I'm also able to edit an item thereby following to a conclusion or correction. I also appreciate the search function in which I am able to find occurrence(s) that happens years ago.

Cons: I am unable to sync with my iphone or ipad.

Randy M.
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Great Way to Track Your Days"

Comments: It's simple and easy to use and I like the reminders near the end of each day to go in and enter what you did for the day. I love it.

Pros: Easy way to jot down what you've done for the day. I add to it everyday. It's a great way to be able to look back and find what you did on a particular day.

Cons: There's no reordering of what you entered. I like to enter things in the order they happened, but sometimes you forget something and want to add it in later, but there isn't a way to do that without deleting stuff and adding it back.

Zak S.
Entertainment, Self Employed

"I'm a big fan"

Pros: I've used iDoneThis for a long time now, and the thing I like most is the simplicity. It allows me to keep track of what I've done in a quick and easy manner. The ability to go back in time and see what I was doing on a specific day years ago is great.

Cons: I wish I could reorder my dones on a day! There's some real functionality features that I find lacking that I think could improve the platform while still maintaining its simplicity and ease of use.

Senior Product Manager
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/10/2018

"Simple, easy-to-use app to track goals completed each day"

Comments: his helps me reflect on how I spent my time and plan out what I need to do next.

Pros: The software is very simple and easy to use, making it painless to track what I complete every day. This helps me reflect on how I spent my time and plan out what I need to do next.

Cons: I wish there was an iPhone app! It would also be cool to integrate with RescueTime so that my time and goal tracking is all in one place.

Jose S.
Knowledge Curator
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"One of the most useful software in my life"

Pros: I love that with a single email I can keep track of everything I have done in the day and searching for something it's simple as putting a word or going to a specific date in the calendar online.

Cons: It's simple, the best thing and the most intriguing thing because any change would make it a bit better but would also be a con.

Non Traditional Conservation Opportunities
201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2017

"Great Utility for Tracking Activity"

Pros: The daily emails so that can respond with dones allows me to easily track my daily activities and log them so that can review monthly.

Cons: They have had periodic bugs with replies not being caught by the system. Also I would like to be able to print a monthly report to place in files. But the only option is a csv export.

• Reviewed on 26/10/2017
Author / Composer
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees

"Everyday"

Comments: This software is my reminder of what I have achieved, rather than a seemingly never ending list of what I need to do. It's reminders of those achievements is my primary reason to keep using it.

Pros: Ease of use, email reminders, clean UI. It just works!

Cons: It would be nice to have an attachment option for photos of achievements, docs etc.

Melissa H.
Membership and Communications Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"Tracking daily accomplishments is made easy with idonethis!"

Pros: Multiple formats allow users to submit items "done" no matter where they are in the project via email and web. Very easy to use!

Cons: The email digests automatically stop if not opened after a period of a few days. This is inconvenient when taking an extended vacation or stepping away from email for a bit. I'm positive that I would be more comfortable referring if the site was called ididthis.com instead of idonethis.com

Jonathan B.
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/11/2019

"This has become our go-to team task tracker"

Comments: The experience has been really good overall, it's helped increase our productivity and visibility of our various projects' progress. Love it!

Pros: This is a great modern way of tracking our team's progress in tasks & projects. Great productivity tool and affordable pricing.

Cons: I don't think there is anything we dislike about IDoneThis. It's all good, we will keep using it for sure!

• Reviewed on 10/11/2019
Dustin H.
Home Inspector
Real Estate, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"IDoneThis for Home Inspectors"

Comments: Overall this software keeps me organized. It is very easy to use and stay of top of your to-do list.

Pros: I absolutely love checklists and this software did not disappoint. I can easily add to my list and check the items off as they are completed.

Cons: This software performs exactly as it was designed for and I have not noticed anything that needs to be improved upon.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Policy & Research Team Lead
Government Administration, 51-200 Employees

"Anyone can use this"

Pros: Even those who are tech averse. I recommend highly.

Cons: I’d like the days to be more easily edited instead of having to toggle back to the calendar.

Christophe R.
Designer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Used to be a great app"

Comments: I only ever used this for myself. It was perfect for me to have a pdf of all I accomplished for performance reviews. Now it's not all that useful to me. If you have a team, YMMV.

Pros: Super easy to add dones via email, all you have to do is reply.

Cons: When they shifted to Team model, they removed the functionality of exporting a nicely formatted pdf of your dones, which I relied on for performance reviews. You can't even print out a month from the web page due to their code. Also, if you don't check in for a few days it stops sending you email.

VP Life Sciences, Food & Healthcare Services
Government Relations, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2018

"Critical part of a healthy, productive day"

Comments: For anyone who wants to stay highly productive, an end-of-day review is important. And for so many people (like me) whose “to-do” list is never ending, it is critical for mental well-being. Idonethis.com is a unique reframing tool that gives me permission to rest and recharge.

Pros: I love the concept. This is a beautiful tool for anxiety management.

Cons: Nothing, this is a great tool. *********

Laura E.
Operations Support
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"We don't use this for project management as much, I use it as a way for my remote team to track time"

Pros: I needed something easy for my team to jot down what they are working on, so ease of use is the best thing about this.

Cons: This isn't really a time tracking software, so I can't really complain - I wish there was a way to track time spent on a task though.

Vatsal J.
Tech lead
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2017

"It's a great tool to manage tasks"

Pros: - The CLI is awesome, easy to add tasks / goals
- Task differentiation - between todo's / goals / blockers

Cons: - Comments should be more visible
- More involvement of date will be better
- Tagging of other users in comments

Jodi J.
Project Coordinator
Education Management, 11-50 Employees

"I like IDoneThis"

Comments: I have used it with my work and love it for evaluation time

Pros: It is very easy to use. I like that I can search for what I have done and print it for use with an evaluation.

Cons: I want a mobile app that connects with the computer program

Dave K.
Marketing Manager
Consumer Services, 51-200 Employees

"Hit or miss"

Comments: I could live without it

Pros: It allows me to track my daily activities for my boss

Cons: It's not user friendly and doesn't work all the time. Plus you don't get all the notifications when others are commenting or liking your activity.