15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Semrush

Semrush is a leading online visibility management software-as-a-service platform.

Learn more about Semrush

Pros:

Competitive analysis isn't totally accurate, but about as good as anything else I've come across. They keep adding more and more features and there are a number of integrations that I really like.

Cons:

The pricing can sometimes be ridiculous. I am a one many side-hustle "SEO Agency", and I am spending $100 bucks a month on the tool.

Semrush ratings

4.3
4.4
4.6
4.3

8.6/10

Semrush has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 2,220 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Semrush before?

Filter reviews (2,219)

Apurva
Apurva
SEO Executive in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Good Tool for Advanced SEO Work

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Semrush is a amazing SEO tool that offers in-depth keyword research, site audits, and competitive insights. It's really beneficial, specially for a digital marketing person.

Pros:

The feature that I appreciate most about Semrush is its traffic overview, which allows us to see how much traffic each country is sending to our website. We can select from a large selection of keywords, including phrase match, broad match, and many others. Also the competitive analysis can be done through semrush which makes it even better tool.

Cons:

Its price and features everything is upto the mark. For me thete is nothing to dislike in Semrush.

Sam
Director in UK

Essential tool for SEO agencies

5.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Amazing set of tools, rather expensive, many of the tools we don't use but still have to pay for

Pros:

All the tools you will ever need to perform keyword research, backlink analysis, competitor analysis etc

Cons:

Lots of tools get deprecated or moved to a higher subscription level

Jason
GM in US
Accounting, 11–50 Employees

Tricky cancellation practices

1.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Bad, this is not who a big company should make the cancellation page

Pros:

Tricky cancellation, customer service doesn’t respond. Overcharging account.

Cons:

Hate it , had a hard time to cancel and can’t not get hold of anyone for refund

last month

Hi Jason, it doesn't sound right that you haven't heard back from our customer support team. You can reach out to us through our official Social Media accounts so we can pull up your account and assist you with the refund. As for the cancellation process, could you please share the difficulties you faced while canceling? We have a thorough cancellation process to make sure the account owner confirms the cancellation, avoiding any accidental data loss. It's an online process that's easily accessible and simple to find.

Victoria
Victoria
Corporate Communications Coordinator in Argentina
Publishing, 10,000+ Employees

Best and reliable content. Semrush brings the best out of social media.

Comments: Semrush enhances creativity and motivates growth. It is a great software. Remarkable performance.

Pros:

Semrush has been a strong pillar in my experience. I get to do my research work fast and getting accurate content which I treasure. With the maturity in technology, online visibility is paramount to keep up with the pace. Semrush manages this effectively. It's integration is awesome.

Cons:

Semrush in my view is quite user friendly and secure. I don't find any major challenges with it.

Good tool if you use it 100%: Good writers marketplace and keyword discovery

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Perfectly organised to take a tour for every section on the menu and create a to-do list for your SEO project.

Pros:

The keyword discovery is a must. You can study your competitors rankings and spot new oportunities. Once you have the ideas, you go to the marketplace searching for writers and your SEO job is half done.

Cons:

The tool cannot replace your brain. You need to add something special to your site, and the tool does not spot the "wow" factor on any site. But this is not its fault, just people that only work "filling the blanks" will have a 100% score and still no ranking

Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Comprehensive tool for SEO and analysis

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

SEMRush gives you a 360-degree overview of either the website analysis or keywords. I like SemRush because it helps me find the best keywords, see what my competitors are doing, and fix website technical issues. It's easy to use and gives me useful tips to improve overall website SEO and organic strategies. I use SEMRUSH for organic marketing through SEO for my clients. It helps in following thing 1. Keyword Research 2. Tracking keyword position status 3. Backlinks overview for websites 4. Auditing websites technical SEO issues 5. Doing competitor analysis for SaaS and other businesses

Cons:

It can be costly for some users. I don't see any other cons about it.

Joe
Production Manager in US

Very Helpful!

Pros:

We use this tool for a variety of tasks to help complete effective marketing plans for our clients. The tools are easy to use and easy to learn.

Cons:

The only thing that is a bit frustrating is that we can only have one member of our team logged in at a time and sometimes we have multiple people wanting to use it.

Gary
Owner in Canada
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Boosting Online Visibility with Comprehensive SEO Insights

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

Semrush has been a valuable addition to our digital marketing toolkit, offering a wealth of data on keyword rankings, competitor analysis, and site audits. The user-friendly interface and actionable insights have empowered us to optimize our content, improve search engine rankings, and ultimately drive more organic traffic to our website.

Cons:

Semrush's extensive features can be a bit overwhelming to someone unfamiliar with SEO, take advantage of their extensive training resources.

omar
SEO specialist in Egypt
Internet, 2–10 Employees

how to benefits from Semrush

5.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

many of SEO around the world use Semrush in keywords and backlinks and disavow it but I think best thing can Semrush do there academy and blogs in SEO I learnt all of this field until get my first job from Semrush academy

Cons:

its easy to get accounts with un legal way

Shivam
Senior Digital Marketing Executive in India
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Best for Digital Marketing Work

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Pros:

Semrush is easy to use and give almost accurate results when we talk about checking website issues and audits.

Cons:

I don't think there is anything to mention here because I don't face any issues till now.

Ankur
SEO Team Leader in India
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

One of the Best On-site management Tool with amazing features

Comments: Overall this tool is incredibly brilliant and useful, I thank the team of SEMrush who are adding such feature, Most of the time I don't have to look for other tools when I want some research. they are covering most of the thing related to SEO.

Pros:

There are plenty of pros of semrush, I found many while using more than 2 years. my favorite feature of this tool is an on-page review, Backlink Gap checker and competitor analysis is the best reason to buy this tool. It gives you a better idea on your backlink strategy (How can still more links from a competitor and how you can build a new one). One of his features name as Keyword Magic tool is great if you are new into the keyword research part, it allows you to go into the deep by local wise, LSI keywords, etc. Position tracking also a great feature by which you can track the performance of your keywords daily basis.

Cons:

This is the vast exploration of any tool, many of features and reporting functionality you can't understand still if you are an SEO's. So I think this is not everyone cups of tea especially you are very new into the SEO world.

Ian
Ian
Digital Marketing Strategist in US

A Great SEO Tool

Comments: I've been able to conduct keyword research for websites faster than I could before and find meaningful keywords to target and opportunities to grow organic traffic. This has resulted in better organic traffic to websites we've helped to optimize.

Pros:

This is an amazing all-in-one tool for SEO. Whether you need a tool for keyword research, backlinks, or optimizing your website, you'll find all the tools inside of SEMRush. It's core features are definitely around keywords (tracking and researching the keywords that are ranking for a particular domain), you can use this information to optimize your site with the built in site audit features.

Cons:

There are a lot of features and it can sometimes be difficult to find the exact feature you are looking for.

Ariel
Marketing Consultant in US
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

Excellent Marketing Software—Has Everything You Need

Comments: My overall experience with SEMRush is excellent. THere's a slight learning curve, as with most tools. But you get more value for your money. When you subscribe, you don't just have an SEO software; rather, you have access to the ultimate marketing toolkit.

Pros:

What I liked most about SEMRush is its comprehensiveness as a marketing tool. Most people compare SEMRush as an SEO tool (for keyword research and backlinks). But it goes beyond that. My favorite is the content marketing toolkit which is a suite of tools to help me beat the competition. It has all the tools you need to plan, research, execute and audit your content. Once you have your awesome content, the next step is to distribute them. That's where its social media toolkit comes in. You can post, curate, and frequently publish (re-use) social media posts. Yes, that's right. No need for a separate social media scheduler. Do you do link building? SEMRush also has its own link building tool built-in. You can perform all the "search operations" right within, which then plugs into a workflow where you can send out emails (from templates). It allows you to monitor everything inside one place. Pretty neat!

Cons:

The one thing I didn't like is the setup process. I can't remember having some sort of onboarding experience (or maybe i just skipped it). I had to learn by going through other tutorials and help docs. Another thing i didn't like was integrating with Google Analytics/Search Console. My experience is that i have to connect it once per tool. Instead of only doing it once, every tool has to be setup like this. That said, it's still totally worth learning as it has pretty much everything you need.

4 years ago

Hi Ariel! Thanks for giving us such an awesome review! As for the setup process, you can request a free online demo and one of our representatives will conduct a walkthrough about all tools we have. We appreciate you enjoy using the tool, and will keep working on improvements!

Steve
Steve
Webmaster & SEO in US
Design, 2–10 Employees

All Your SEO Base Are Belong To Us!

Comments: Overall SEMRush is a super useful SEO toolkit worth every bit of praise it has received, including from the likes of [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] fame. My primary client switched from AHrefs at my request back to SEMRush.

Pros:

SEMRush is a great hub for virtually every facet of SEO you can imagine - integrations for social media, analytics, search console, competitor research, the whole nine yards - that doesn't have too terribly steep of a learning curve.

Cons:

SEMRush is prone to highlighting the "worst" part of a site on any given auto-generated email or scan based on the metrics its own scans find, and a lot of them are unnecessary scare-mongering. For example, it's normal to have redirects on a well developed site, but this will come through as "9% of your site's pages have redirects!" It can spook a client who doesn't know any better.

4 years ago

Thank you so much for your great feedback, Steve! We really appreciate it. As for the Site Audit tool warnings, you can hide the checks that you think are irrelevant to your website using the eye button.

Susan
Partner in US

Great Product for SEO

Comments: Overall it is great and the software is really excacly what I need for doing my SEO work. . The support is awesome they get back to you quickly and are always ready to assist with any issues. Overall I say this the perfect software for SEO.

Pros:

I like how easy it is to use, it makes my job much easier. I am able to get the info quickly send to trello for the team to work on some items and it's great for giving me ideas for keywords, content and article writing.

Cons:

My only con for this item is the AMP and needing to have the highest plan to access the amp info. I am on the mid tier and I can't access the pages with Amp errors. Since AMP is so important right now I would think that info would start at the mid-tier level.

Jay
Jay
Digital Project Manager in Australia
Legal Services, 11–50 Employees

Nice SEM tool to have

Comments: SEMrush is all rounder in terms of Search Engine Marketing tool. Interface is similar to Google Analytics and easy to use. They have rolled out couple of regular tool updates every year. Very helpful articles in Knowledge Base. They do have some advance SEO and PPC features but very limited in terms of data especially Backlink Audit. If someone from search marketing looking for one for all tool (SEO, PPC, Competition Analysis) then it's an good option. However, if someone looking for a special tool for a particular job such as Backlink analysis and acquisition then look for alternative tools.

Pros:

Good UI (Similar to Google Analytics) Feature rich Easy to Use Free trial period Competitive Research

Cons:

Backlink Audit is not showing all the links Position Tracking a bit inaccurate Log files doesn't support .log format

3 years ago

Hi Jay, thank you for the detailed review! happy to know you enjoy the tools and are ready to recommend them. Please contact us at [email protected] for any question on the tools - we'll be happy to help you!

Julio
President in US

You can't drive blind

Comments: I admit to get the most out of SEMRush, I had to spend some time with it and I can tell you that after three years, I don't know all of it. Yet with all that complexity, you can get a project up and running and become useful in a matter of minutes.

Pros:

Go deep into a URL and discover the good, bad and ugly of SEO on a project. There are very few platforms that hold up and deliver on the promises made. SEMRush is one. This one works and it works for my company.

Cons:

Like any SEO platform we sometimes get false positive results and there never seems to be a rhyme or reason for it. But I am nit picking.

Kevin
SEO + Content Optimization in Canada

The Standard for SEO Project Management

Comments: I am very happy with the power that Semrush provides for managing, aggregating and reporting on SEO and related digital data. This is a top-tier offering in the space and has shown continual improvements and innovation over the years. I will continue to support and use Semrush in our business practice.

Pros:

Semrush continues to evolve and improve their software which is good news for SEO practitioners. The platform contains a LOT of features, many of which you may not ever require. Because it is feature rich, there is a learning curve that goes with using the software. But once you have that understanding in hand, Semrush offers great value for SEO and related digital marketing services.

Cons:

Many new elements of the platform feel under baked. Have to pay to use each feature feels disingenuous...do I get no acknowledgement of using the software for over five years now? It would be nice to "test drive" new functions to determine if they offer value in the process. Having to pull out a credit card continually to add more data, or additional users, or test new features can bloat the price tag for Semrush considerably. Finally, having to reach out to Customer Service each time to you need to reconfigure your services is unnecessary in this era of SaaS -- improve the backend account management tool so users can "see" what they are paying for, please.

Jonathan
Director in Czechia
Online Media, 2–10 Employees

One of the most complete tool for the entire marketing team

Comments: We are solving so many problems inside our marketing team thanks to Semrush. There is always something to do with the tool, whether it will be about improving our SEO, correcting technical mistakes, building our content strategy thanks to Topic Research or managing our social media platforms from the Social Media poster.

Pros:

Overall, Semrush is really easy to use, whether we are talking about SEO, Content or Social Media toolsets. The diversity of features and the efficiency of each is a real plus since it can be used for many business cases and efficiently replace additional products in your toolset.

Cons:

The only hiccup might be the accuracy of the SEO numbers, there are mostly estimations and even if you can base your SEO strategy on it, you have to be careful not to take it as the ultimate truth.

9 months ago

Hi Jonathan, Thank you for sharing your comprehensive feedback about SEMrush! We're thrilled that our tool has become an integral part of your marketing team's efforts. It's fantastic to hear that you find our features diverse and efficient across various aspects of marketing. We appreciate your note about SEO accuracy—we're continually working to ensure our data is as accurate as possible. If you ever need assistance or have further insights, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Alex
Alex
Marketing Communications Manager in UK
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Invaluable marketing data all bundled into one uber-powerful tool

Comments: We can manage all of our clients from a central dashboard, receive reports when we want them and rarely ever need to step outside SEMrush to get actionable insights on SEO. Though you could argue one shouldn't put all the eggs in one basket with an SEO tool (and in certain cases you really can't), the alternative is to invest in other tools too, which begins to get ridiculously expensive and wasteful. However, a decent SEO expert will know where to go to provide a broader scope of analysis, and this CAN be achieved for free in many cases. Ultimately, SEMrush is the Swiss Army Knife of SEO tools; it does almost everything you could need, and they provide plenty of training through their Academy to get you used to it all. Time and patience with SEMrush now will save far more time in the future, and the subscription will certainly pay for itself many times over. In fact, insights and actions we've been able to take using the data on SEMrush has led to us gaining more clients over the years, simply because an exisiting client has referred us on based on out success with them. Learn the tools, and you won't be disappointed!

Pros:

- The sheer amount of power at your fingertips - there are tools for every need, whether you're an SEO or a marketer - the level of data is incredible. - Their Keyword Magic Tool for finding related keywords has saved us countless hours of head-scratching. - Excellent citation management - honestly, being able to update SERPs on SEMrush, then have those changes syndicated to all the major listings online is a huge time and headache saver! It's extra per client, per month (only $20), but it's worth every penny - it costs the client more in our time to do it all manually! - Their auditing tools are second-to-none, whether it's backlinks, on-page SEO or tech SEO - their insights go deep and their suggestions on how to fix issues are extremely well explained - Competitor analytics go hand-in-hand with their backlink building tools, suggesting the best sites to obtain quality backlinks from based on what your competitors are getting - again, hours and hours saved!

Cons:

Only a couple, considering everything it does, but being picky: - The price can mount up if you have a lot of clients and want to take advantage of all their tools (though the convenience should overcome most of this reservation) - It takes some time to get used to - there's SO much on offer, that it can be a little overwhelming at first. It's easy to use, though because it's so powerful, finding everything can be tricky with so much going on sometimes

Laura
SEO Manager in UK
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51–200 Employees

Comprehensive & reliable SEO tool

Pros:

It's a great tool for doing keyword research and for tracking keyword visibility across a number of projects. This is the main reason why we are using this product, so that we can monitor and report on the evolution of our website's visibility across our targeted keywords.

Cons:

1) I don't like the fact that even with the Business subscription, there's only one user that can access the software at one time. I think there should be at least 2 users added to the Business account. 2) In the Keyword research section, it would be good to see an actual trend of the keywords that are being displayed (not just a trend chart) and to see this trend displayed in percentages (e.g. 10% growth in search volume MoM) 3) In the SERP analysis section, it would be good to see the SERP exactly as it is shown in Google or other search engines, with meta titles, with featured snippets, with PPA boxes etc. The more detailed information we can have in the SERP section, the better. 4) In the Topic Research section, it would be useful to have the option to save cards and view them later

4 years ago

Hi Laura, thank you so much for your review! We are happy to know you enjoy SEMrush tools. And thank you so much for the detailed feedback on the features - it is very appreciated and I will pass it to the teams!

Robert
Robert
Founder & CEO in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Semrush is the critical

Comments: SEMRUSH dramatically changed how we do business from a marketing standpoint. The marketing insight into our competitors is something we analyze daily.

Pros:

The feature that impacted our business was the keyword research capabilities. This has solved the major rework problem when you find yourself chasing a bad keyword down a rabbit whole of frustration and time lot. Semrush solve this problem.

Cons:

Hope for more content marketing features like the SEMRUSH version of their jarvisa.ai. SEMRUSH needs to build a similar tool and challenge the Jarvis community and charge 1/2 the price. This would give them more of a marketing edge

Rania
Technical solutions architect in Egypt
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Maximize your online visibility with the greatest end-to-end SEO, SEM, and SMM platform.

Comments: We have saved an incredible amount of hours since the day I started to use Semrush, It provides us with all of the statistical data we really need to maximize our search engine visibility and to achieve the highest results in our PPC campaigns and paid advertising across search engines and social media marketing too. I cannot imagine how search engine marketers used to work without the information and statistics we collect from Semrush and websites like it, since Google doesn't provide us with enough information. I consider Semrush the most important factor in driving thousands and even millions of visitors to your website every day, and to escalating exponential online growth and traffic maximization to boost organic rankings, sales, social shares/mentions, and digital engagement.

Pros:

Semrush is my favourite end-to-end SEO platform with a comprehensive end-to-end feature-rich toolset to fulfil your SEO, SEM, and SMM. Some of the greatest Pros of Semrush and the reason why I really appreciate their efforts and that I never needed to switch to an alternative is because it has the most powerful tools for keyword research, competitive intelligence, link-building, organic position tracking, and prospecting high domain-authority websites for a potential digital PR opportunity to build and maintain a strong online reputation through link-building to drive more traffic and achieve broader brand-awareness. I have been implementing Semrush for my clients for over 4 years and since that day until now, while new services come and go, nothing has been as comprehensive as Semrush and no other tool has the deep analysis and the insightful reporting capabilities it has. I cannot explain the great, exceptional results I've achieved for my clients during the past four years by only using Semrush.

Cons:

One critical issue I have been facing with Semrush for 4 years, since day one, until now, is the lack of an Arabic database for the Middle East region. This is a huge mistake by them, and I don't understand how come they still didn't take any action regarding it. This leads me to use another tool from their rivals for our Middle Eastern clients with no international presence strategy. One another super annoying bug that most of the people I invited to Semrush have mentioned, including my existing clients, is when trying to sign-up for the trial and the payment keeps failing until he decides to purchase, then it works! I mentioned this bug to them one year ago, but until now it was still happening.

2 years ago

We are grateful to be an essential part of your marketing strategies, Rania! As always, we appreciate your feedback about our Arabic databases. With a tool as large as ours, our development team backlog adds up quickly. We will ensure to share your feedback with them to put a little more steam behind it. Wishing you the best!

Katya
Developer in US
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Great Software for Customer Research / Analytics

Comments: Semrush is amazing for getting to know your customers. Being able to see exact searches made on Google from our audience is very valuable and they have options for every part of the marketing journey, from social media to SEO and article writing.

Pros:

I have used this software for a variety of reasons over the years. First, it was for social media topics and now it is for SEO and customer search research to get to know exactly what our audience is searching for online. It has been a tremendous help and is the next best thing to asking them face to face.

Cons:

I found there to be a bit of a learning curve because there are just so many features and you need to learn how to get the most out of each one. It's a good problem to have, though, and support is available to help if needed.

Anupam
SEO Team Leader in India

Empower Your SEO Strategy with Exceptional Keyword Research Tools

Comments: My experience as a SEMrush user has been exceptional. The platform's features, accurate data, user-friendly interface, and excellent customer support have greatly enhanced my digital marketing efforts. It has become an invaluable tool in driving my marketing success.

Pros:

1. Comprehensive features for all your digital marketing needs.2. Accurate and reliable data for informed decision-making.3. In-depth competitor analysis to stay ahead in your industry.4. User-friendly interface for easy navigation.5. Robust reporting and analytics for measuring campaign performance.6. Excellent customer support for assistance when needed.7. Continuous updates and improvements to stay up-to-date with industry trends.

Cons:

1. Learning Curve for Beginners.2. Higher Pricing Plans.3. Data Limitations for Niche Keywords.4. Varied Accuracy in Competitor Analysis.5. Steeper Learning Curve for Advanced Features.6. Limited Social Media Functionality.While SEMrush offers numerous benefits, it's important to consider these potential drawbacks before making a decision.

9 months ago

Thank you for your detailed and insightful review of Semrush. We greatly appreciate your positive feedback on the comprehensive features, accurate data, and our customer support. We also value your honest assessment of the potential drawbacks and limitations you've encountered. Your input helps us continually improve and provide better solutions. We're delighted to be a part of your digital marketing journey and are here to support your ongoing success.