Sapling Reviews

by Sapling Technologies

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.7 /5

About Sapling

Sapling is a People Operations Platform.

Learn more about Sapling

Franchesca Y.
HR Generalist
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2020

"Sapling is amazing!"

Comments: Overall, I think they've done a great job with the platform/service and our team is looking forward to any new updates!

Pros: - I love how user-friendly the platform is for Employees
- The platform is aesthetically pleasing
- Our Implementation Manager, [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], is incredibly responsive and helpful to any questions/concerns we have
- It has helped save us SO much time with the integrations from Lever and ADP
- We can make custom workflows to help keep our growing team on the same page

Cons: - Employee Documents could be separated out into categories to make it easy for admin access & compliance purposes
- There should be a way to capture I-9 & W-4 information for employees

• Reviewed on 02/01/2020
Natasha D.
HR Director, Talent Management
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2018

"Simple yet powerful"

Pros: Sapling's end user interface is super intuitive and friendly to our end users. It's easy to understand and I love that everything is paperless! It has saved our HR team countless hours shuffling and filing paperwork.

Cons: It will be great for Sapling to continue to build out their API integrations with our HR software service providers in the future. So far the integration with ADP works fairly well.

by Sapling Technologies on 01/12/2018

Hi Natasha! We truly appreciate your insights.

We are happy to hear that Sapling has been intuitive and user friendly not only for yourself, but the broader team. But most importantly we are happy to hear that Sapling has been saving you time on manual work since that time can now be used to refocus from people admin to people strategy.

We are also always looking to improve our product and have released Sapling's API.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2018
Seanmichael R.
Learning Development Specialist
Automotive, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2018

"Simple, easy to use tool that allowed me to virtually meet my coworkers before day one."

Comments: quickly and easily signed onboarding documents before my start day so I could focus on building relationships when I arrived at my new job instead of paperwork. Provided an easy to tackle to-do list for my first week.

Pros: I loved being able to check out the profiles of my future coworkers and see the organization mapped out by team.

Cons: I wish I could have advanced past the "upload a photo" page to finish signing docs and inputting other text info and come back once I had a photo ready. I didn't have a photo on hand so I it paused my process and i had to walk away and come back to it days later.

by Sapling Technologies on 14/08/2018

Congrats again on the new role and thank you for your time!

We appreciate the honesty in your feedback. In regards to the profile photo, we completely understand how this could be a pain point. The good news is that this could be a field that is not required, but this is based on company settings. To ensure that others users do not experience this, we've informed our program leads about your feedback.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2018
Brittany G.
Loyalty Consultant
Medical Devices, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2018

"Review of Sapling"

Pros: I liked that i was able to use sapling not only on my computer but on my phone as well. It helps being in the field and still able to check in with each different team in different channels

Cons: One complaint I have, and i also just signed up for the service so i could be doing something wrong, but one complaint would be the notifications, once i click onto the messages that i received the notification from, the number don't always go away

by Sapling Technologies on 01/12/2018

Congrats on the new role and we truly appreciate your feedback. We are always looking to improve our product.

In regards to tasks, once you complete them, they should be marked as completed immediately. We looked into this and as soon as the assignee completes the task, Sapling removes it from either the pending or overdue states and moves it over to the complete state. If you encounter this again, please reach out to us at [email protected]

• Reviewed on 06/10/2018
Ariell C.
Customer Experience Associate
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"My Experience with Sapling"

Comments: I would say that Sapling has helped to bridge the gap within our company - a gap formed due to us being so far spread and unable to talk and get to know one another. To be able to read each other's bios, see each other's photos, and know each other's birthdays really helps bring us closer together!

Pros: I think it is an awesome idea! What a great, modern way to connect with coworkers and get to know each other better - especially considering the employees from my company are spread all over the country. I think the calendar with everyone's birthday is amazing! Of course, the time off and tasks are just added bonuses in my opinion!

Cons: My only critique is that I can't see how much PTO I have available. I can only see scheduled paid days off that are coming up. That may be due to my company though, I'm not sure.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
QA Engineer
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2020

"A nice app for getting an overview of your company organization"

Comments: No real problems to speak of, and the first source I turn to when trying to get more information about somebody in my organization.

Pros: Pretty easy to use. Everyone who joins the company are required to use this, making it a good resource for finding anyone who is part of your workforce. Works best for me in getting more information on co-workers.

Cons: Profile pictures used are very low resolution, and obscured unless you inspect elements in your browser's developer console. Not a usual case for most who will be using it, but is an issue for me. Otherwise can't actually think of any other issues with the software.

• Reviewed on 13/02/2020
Yasmin M.
Human Resources Coordinator
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"My on boarding process is a lot quicker and much more organized!"

Pros: I love the many features that Sapling has to offer. My onboarding process has become so much faster and much more organized. I'd say my favorite part about this software would be how everything is generated automatically. I can schedule the welcome email to be sent out on an exact day and time and have team members sign documents all at once.
Also my Sapling representative has been super helpful and patient every step of the way, can't thank him and his team enough!

by Sapling Technologies on 01/12/2018

Hi Yasmin! We are thrilled to hear that Sapling has provided you with the tools necessary to automate your onboarding process. Our team focuses on ensuring that all the companies we have a partnership with are successful and it sounds like that is the case here. Thank you again for this feedback.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Dale T.
Inventory Control Specialist
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Easy to use as a new employee"

Pros: I really enjoy the ease of use. The UI covers all of the needed assets in order to complete my work in a timely manner.

Cons: The one major issue I have is that Sapling logs me out far too quickly. I walk away from my desk for 5 minutes or so, and then I have to relog in.

by Sapling Technologies on 14/08/2018

Thank you for this feedback Dale and we hear you.

The reason you were logged out is because after being idle for more than 10 minutes, you're logged out for security purposes.

But good news, at the end of next month we will have a release that includes a setting option to change this timeframe. Note, this is a company setting that will have to be updated by your company.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Great for onboarding and offboarding tasks"

Comments: Onboarding and offboarding has been a breeze with Sapling.

Pros: I love how easy it is to view your assigned tasks and see the progress of current tasks. I love how visually appealing the user interface is as well. It's very clean and easy to use.

Cons: There is an issue with the search function that they still need to fix. Sometimes the search doesn't work.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Email Marketing Associate
Computer Networking, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2019

"Super simple!"

Comments: Awesome! I'm a new hire at my company and this is honestly the best onboarding experience I have ever had - and Sapling has been a huge part of that.

Pros: I love how simple it is to create a profile and complete tasks. I also really enjoy how easy it is to navigate around others' profiles and see how everyone connects re: managers and organizational structure.

Cons: The tasks can stack up and it would be nice to have a way to sort them a little more manually.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2019
Erin N.
Product Support Specialist
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2018

"New employee... streamlined onboarding"

Pros: Sapling made onboarding to my new company smooth and easy. I appreciated that I could find all the information I would need in one place. It was helpful to be able to write a short bio for myself to introduce (or reintroduce myself) to team member and to put names to faces before arriving on my first day. Also, having a timeline of the company's history was interesting to see what milestones they placed value on.

Cons: I really haven't had any negatives with Sapling yet. For the needs of onboarding as a new employee, it met all the criteria I can think of.

by Sapling Technologies on 01/12/2018

Thank you so much for your thorough review Erin!

It's incredibly helpful to us to know what features you found most helpful. While we want to ensure you are successful for your first day, we also hope that using Sapling allows you better connect with your organization and your peers.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2018
Tudor M.
Software Engineer
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/09/2018

"Very simple onboarding flow and process"

Pros: Very simple step by step process to complete the flow. Uploading and reviewing documents was very simple as well. The pages seem very well polished and look modern compared to other HR web apps I've used in the past.

Cons: There are no error messages displayed for required fields and they can be hard to notice. Another improvement I would suggest is to split up some of the forms into multiple pages or have a way to save progress.

by Sapling Technologies on 01/12/2018

We are glad to hear that Sapling has been useful to you as you were being on-boarded. We hope that Sapling continues to bring you value throughout your employee lifecycle.

Regarding your preboarding experience, we have improved this experience to ensure that new hires like yourself are able to smoothly completed your employee profile.

• Reviewed on 20/09/2018
Julia O.
Customer Support Specialist
Consumer Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Great Customer Support"

Pros: I really liked how I was given access to customer support right off the bat. The two people I was put in contact with through the chat feature were very friendly and helpful.

Cons: I wasn't a huge fan of how I uploaded my profile image, it sort of altered the original aesthetic of the photo.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2019
Siddarth S.
Security Engineering Intern
Computer & Network Security, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/06/2019

"Super Clean and Snappy"

Comments: I'm using it as a user for pre-boarding at my company. All the information I needed was in one spot and easy to find without a cluttered UI.

Pros: I liked that Sapling's UI is clean and intuitive. Mostly, I like that it loads fast and just works without bugs.

Cons: Unsure if Sapling was responsible, but some of the forms for filling out W4 / tax documents were hard to navigate and use. The textboxes weren't always obvious which ones had to be filled out, and the allowances forms were split into 2 parts but the ordering didn't make sense logically (the worksheet where you calculate the allowances was presented after we had to fill out the W4 - would have been nice to have that earlier).

• Reviewed on 12/06/2019
CX Representative (Back)
Public Relations & Communications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Sapling review"

Comments: I've tried to get most of the knowledge of my employer from Sapling and I think it helped me a lot on that regard.

Pros: Great, informational and most of all, organized. Helps most newcomers to soak with most of the employer's perspectives and methodology.

Cons: Probably the stallness of most of the images.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Tameka P.
Customer Support Representative
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2019

"Nothing humdrum about this software"

Comments: Overall, it was colorful and not boring, which is always a plus when completing on-boarding. I loved the introduction into my new company prior to starting the on-boarding process. This was a "step above" other software that I have utilized previously. Also, I am a stickler for summaries, so the final page stating I was "DONE" was perfect. It left me with the confidence that I would not be receiving a call from my new management team informing me that things were "incomplete". Great job, Sapling!

Pros: It was super easy and flowed smoothly from one transition to the next.

Cons: That the software would not let me move on in the process without filling in SOMETHING for certain entry places. I rarely use "N/A" but was forced to in order to proceed.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2019
Vice President Of Products
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2018

"I was a candidate who was on-boarded with this software"

Comments: Easy On-boarding Process.

Pros: Simplicity and ease of use. The flows were logical I thought. Also the login process was seamless. I didn't face any glitches

Cons: The benefits sign on process was slightly less intuitive. I wasn't sure what I was NOT signing up for (E.g. was 401K sign up part of this?) It logged me out every other minute. Annoying.

by Sapling Technologies on 01/12/2018

Thank you for your candid feedback. We are happy to hear that you found the platform easy and simple to use.

Regarding your log out issues, this was a setting to ensure that after being idle for a few minute, the system would log you out for security purposes. But we had a release that now allows for this settings to prolong the time, or to never log a user out.

• Reviewed on 31/07/2018
Jeah C.
Supply Chain Coordinator
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"New to Sapling"

Pros: - cool and innovative
- lots of features

Cons: - not so intuitive actually - there are a lot of buttons, wish it were more streamlined

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Alison G.
Sales Development Rep
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2019

"Modern & Easy"

Pros: Very easy to use. Modern aesthetic. Intuitive. Easy onboarding process for a new employee.

Cons: Not much to report. The only real feedback I have is that I got logged out in the middle of reading the employee handbook which caused some technical difficulty and I had to refill out some fields once logged back in. A prompt like "are you still there" or log-out warning would be helpful to prevent this from happening. Also, the org chart expands off-screen and you have to zoom very far out to see larger teams to where they are very tiny and hard to read.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2019
Elizabeth T.
Receptionist
Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Easy Onboarding"

Pros: The straightforward onboarding process and step-by-step instructions.

Cons: There was nothing I didn't like about the software.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Customer Care
Banking, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/04/2019

"Great format"

Comments: So far so good.

Pros: Ease of use and no system errors when setting up my account

Cons: I need more time using it to determine this

• Reviewed on 26/04/2019
Kali D.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2019

"Clean, efficient onboarding"

Comments: Positive! Clean, simple onboarding. Would recommend.

Pros: Clean, modern UX with integrated form signing and a clear walkthrough of the onboarding process.

Cons: Inability to save partial form progress on a given page. My company onboarding was a mix of important questions like SSN and more whimsical (but still required) fields like "Dream vacation", which meant my indecision about the whimsical stuff prevented me from prefilling/saving the more required fields right off the bat.

• Reviewed on 06/06/2019
Fernando S.
Full Stack Engineer
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2018

"Sapling held my hand and guided me through the onboarding process."

Pros: Simple, understandable, and gives me a good picture of the organization I am entering. Onboarding tasks were presented as an easy-to-follow checklist.

Cons: The onboarding task list does present all tasks at once, including those whose completion is required at some point in the future (say, first day tasks).

by Sapling Technologies on 30/11/2018

We appreciate the constructive feedback and are thrilled that we were able to provide a smooth, onboarding experience.

Congratulations on joining the Tempo Automation team. We're excited that we could play a small part in your success.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2018
Senior Technical Product Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2019

"First time user on Sapling"

Pros: Simple to use and a slick user experience.

Cons: Nothing at this time. Maybe give me another week.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2019
Vendor Security Program Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2019

"Great experience using this software!!!"

Comments: Overall my experience has been amazing and I am glad that it was easy. No one likes filling out work but this was so quick and painless it was actually kind of fun.

Pros: I loved how easy it was to navigate. Usually signing contracts can be tricky but it was super efficient and simple the way it was laid out. The program made it so it one stop shopped everything.

Cons: I would have liked to know upfront how long it would take to complete so I could have set aside time instead of having to come back to it.

• Reviewed on 06/03/2019