Bullhorn Jobscience Reviews

by Bullhorn

• Overall
    4.1/5
    4.1/5

About Bullhorn Jobscience

Built 100% natively on Force.com, Bullhorn Jobscience offers a unique CRM-based approach to talent acquisition.

Learn more about Bullhorn Jobscience

Manager of Marketing and Technology
13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2017

"Solid CRM with Great Reporting"

Comments: The ability to pull data quickly as well as import and enter data quickly has been a huge benefit. The setup and additional of created fields make this even better as we are able to customize what we currently have pretty easily.

Pros: We really like how the fields can all be brought together into a report with ease! We constantly run reports for candidates and to make marketing decisions, and we feel like the data we are able to pull is precise.

Cons: The only con we have is that they took away the ability to chat with a Support rep, instead we have to create cases or browse through the JS community. Please bring back the chat support function!

• Reviewed on 19/12/2017
Salesforce Administrator
Staffing & Recruiting, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/11/2018

"Recent Implentation"

Pros: We implemented JobScience as a solution that is on the Salesforce platform. This gave us all company collaboration across all our divisions. The tool provides a great deal of customization to our company specifically. We have the ability to do a number of things that we were not able to do previously with our prior ATS (Applicant Tracking System). We also moved our Back-Office process of Time/Expense capturing onto the JobScience platform as well. We have a much better solution and a more capable solution being on the Salesfroce Platform.

Cons: The toughest thing we run into is the packages are all Managed so we have no control of certain pieces and the Apex/Code behind the scenes. We have needed to do a few things in-house, but we cannot because we do not have access due to the managed package. This becomes tough and expense beucase we have to pay JS to make the changes to the packages.

• Reviewed on 01/11/2018
Raegan H.
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2017

"Robust tool with no best-practices training and you have to pay extra to talk to a human being"

Comments: I'm going on year 3 with JobScience. It has never been a positive experience. In the beginning, I had an Account Manager. They really sold me on their Customer Support. Then they did away with AM's. Who runs a company without an Account Rep to nurture the relationship? I'm basing this on my experience - JS doesn't place value on the Customer Experience Journey. I pay a high amount a year for JobScience. I only have access to chat support. If I want more, I have to pay thousands of dollars for it. I have done my best to figure out the "right way" to use JS but there simply aren't training videos that go deep into best practices methods. Their training videos are basic "how to's", they don't dive into real life work flow scenarios. I don't even log candidate-client interviews in JS because no one via chat support seems to know the right way to track/report this. I have asked 3 different support people and got two different answers (1 flat out said they didn't know the answer). I gave up on this and track candidate-client interviews on a Google Calendar outside of JS. I don't have a choice but to buy buy the Professional Services support at some point but atthat price and with what I have experienced so far, will I really get real one-on-one consultative recommendations based on my business needs? I asked about a feature once to chat support that I found and why there was no training on it, their response, "Well our customers don't really use that feature so we don't have training for it" - that's because they don't know it exists. I accidentally discovered it. Chat support often tells me that they can't answer my question and upgrade to Professional Support. I don't blame them. They do the best they can. I need a JS Rep who CARES about my business. I'm a privately owned recruiting firm. 3 years old. Small now but someday that will change. I just signed a contract with JS for 3 more years. No one called to say thank you for your business. Their contracts person even messed up the invoice multiple times and we finally had to submit a P.O. to get around it. I have researched multiple ATS's and JS does have some great features but many I don't know. I stumble on to them. I upgraded a few months ago to the latest version and it was a messy transition. It didn't even happen until 3 months after I paid for it and I had to email them. They didn't even know.

Pros: It's built on the Salesforce Platform

Cons: Terrible customer experience throughout the entire customer life cycle. Also, JS treats candidates and contacts separately. So I have duplicate records (a candidate gets a job, becomes a client, now I have two separate records) - it should be one Contact record with information about that contact professionally and a section where you can add info about them as a candidate if and when they are one. 1 person, 1 contact record, but they go back and forth from candidate to prospect to candidate to client, etc.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2017
Brendan L.
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2015

"Exteremely Customizable and User Friendly"

Pros: The best part of this product is that it's completely customizable and can help solve many different needs of the recruiter (from either an In-House or Agency perspective). It runs on the Salesforce.com platform and, as a result, provides all of the same reporting, activity tracking, and 3rd party application tools needed to help make the recruiting process more efficient.

Cons: The search function can definitely be improved, but there are easy workarounds to find the right candidates within the database (running reports, looking at previous/similar requisitions, etc.). However, our organization has had experience with about a half-dozen other major applicant-tracking/CRM systems in the past, and it seems like this is the greatest weakness no matter which platform you go with.

Julie D.
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2017

"We feel like the customer support is very lacking. "

Pros: The product is easy to use if it is set up correctly. We are not able to use it properly when it is not set up correctly though.

Cons: Customer service if very lacking. We have recently added 2 licenses & they are not set up correctly. We have put in multiple tickets and have not received assistance. We receive emails stating that someone has reached out to us but they didn't catch us. We all use our mobile phones and we do not have missed calls. In fact, we have had our ticket closed twice because of missing us when we didn't receive calls.

by Jobscience on 14/08/2017

Hi Julie! First of all, we'd like to thank you for your review. We hear and understand your frustration in this situation. To avoid any confusion in the future, we'd love for you to reach out on the Jobscience Support Community. This way we can confirm that we have your correct contact information. We appreciate your business and look forward to resolving this issue as quickly as possible!

• Reviewed on 10/08/2017
Bruce F.
IT Admin
Education Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2019

"Solid Functions but Slipping Support"

Comments: It helped us update our tools for the current crop of people we want to hire. Has helped us make more connections and improved our processes. The new team is less connected to us than before, we wonder if they will support the tool in the future.

Pros: Built on Salesforce platform means updates three times a year. Easy to configure, no need for a programmer for many items. Out of the box it had most of what we needed and anything we needed we could make. The support when we started was great and helpful.

Cons: Updates to the specialized software has not been as rapid as what Salesforce does. After it became part of bullhorn communication about updates are harder to get. Support has slowed down also.

• Reviewed on 04/12/2019
Peter L.
Recruitment manger
  • Reviewed on 14/12/2017

"Sad to have to leave"

Comments: We really enjoyed Jobscience and as mentioned would recommend it highly if you have someone fairly technical on staff. it can be expensive to customize but our web person learned the software and worked well with support to get customizations in place.

Pros: -Excellent product
-Very customizable if you are technologically savvy
-Solid Customer support
-Lots of good add-ons

Cons: -can be a fairly extensive learning curve
-Very expensive
-No options to pay monthly
-No options to pay in Canadian dollars

• Reviewed on 14/12/2017
Harry L.
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2015

"Migrated to Jobscience from a legacy system in 2011."

Pros: Having used an old block-based CRM system for over 16 years, we were aware that a change was needed, and a move into the SaaS model was essential. The product has enabled more effective reporting, tracking, and workflow whilst taking away a huge amount of storage and continuity risks. We can use it on all devices, and the Saleforce1 app is now immense.

Cons: The search function could be improved; however, this is being worked on, and there are a few third-party solutions dedicated to JS that perform very well. As with all CRM searches, you can only search what is on there, so if your consultants are not diligent with their data entry and notes, then your searches will suffer.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2015
Nikki S.
Director of Marketing
13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2018

"Good tool, could be better. Bad customer service"

Pros: It does everything we need it to, albeit clunky or time consuming. It's built on the salesforce platform, which was a major factor in our decision to use it.

Cons: A lot of things don't work exactly right. They are nice in theory, but in application they are broken. Also, customer service is pretty bad. We have one support rep who can get things done, so we always loop him in on issues... but if we don't we're in trouble. Our current renewal manager is also awful. Refused to work with us, hard to get on the phone, quick to misunderstand.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2018
Glenn B.
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018

"Well featured, leverages Salesforce force.com platform well."

Pros: Speed of execution.
Dashboard reporting capability.
Ability to do shift rostering and scheduling (requires Sirenum integration)..

Cons: Inconsistencies in user experience - some features need a tidy up to bering them top to date with more recent enhancements
Lack of support after initial go live- system is complex and needs to bed down. System admin can only do so much, Jobscience need to be retained to do the rest and they tend to lose interest if you don't continue to fund them.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2018
Tim H.
Director of Marketing
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2018

"Terrible Product "

Comments: Look somewhere else. This might seem fancy at first glance, but if you plan to use Salesforce how you want to, this product is the wrong choice.

Pros: The ONLY pro to using JS is the fact that it is built on Salesforce.

Cons: Literally nothing. The 'features' they offer are right out of a 2009 digitial company playbook. Most 'features' require additional investment. Support is really bad and unwilling to really help you get something figured out. Here's where it gets hilarious. SFDC is an open platform that allows you to do almost anything. Put JobScience on top of it and you can kiss that all goodbye. The majority of your salesforce instance will now be 'managed' (locked down meaning you can't make changes). Also, if you plan to switch to Lightning, a free SF upgrade, they'll charge you to make the change. I've never worked with a company that has so little an idea of what their product is. They also try to sell you tons of features that come with zero training. I would've given 0 stars but that isn't possible. This software is a Marketing/Operations NIGHTMARE! Stay away!

• Reviewed on 14/02/2018
Angela G.
HR Manager
Accounting
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2016

"Jobscience Recruiting"

Pros: Software is very customizable, is user friendly, and is excellent with workflow and notifications. It is a very powerful software and can do pretty much anything you need it to do. It is built on the Salesforce platform so if you are also familiar with Salesforce it will be easier to learn.

Cons: At times the customer service can be spotty, depending on the representative you get. The online chat is the best method, but it depends on who you get. Sometimes the software itself has limitations, like any software. You have to have the resources to maintain the software and have technologically savvy people maintaining and managing it. It is not an out of the box type software.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2016
Abby W.
Marketing & Recruiting
Medical Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Good for multiple team members"

Pros: Very good to weed out prior applicants, it tells you if someone's email already applied and will update that job record. Nice power search for zip radius and words in resume. Good at scanning in resumes as text.

Cons: I feel the cost per year is high compared to the functionality, there is no lower end price. Customer support is difficult to reach through the online portal.
Difficult to learn for new hires, lots of customization features aren't in power search.

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Resourcing Consultant
Telecommunications, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2018

"Jobscience as a recruitment Tool"

Comments: Jobscience is undoubtedly a hugely functional piece of software but unfortunately, it's complexity leads to a reliance on customer support which essentially means having to rely on a US-based support structure which can be frustratingly slow and often convoluted. The recent acquisition by Bullhorn does not seem to improve this situation.

Pros: Vast array of functionality backed up by Salesforce

Cons: complex, costly and in some cases non-existent customer support

• Reviewed on 28/09/2018
Jason K.
  • Reviewed on 10/03/2015

"I love the configurability and flexibility."

Comments: I love the fact that everything is completely customizable. If you have a particular workflow that you'd like to use, it is possible. Also, with the reporting function, you can monitor all activities in real time. Normally reporting KPI, such as the individual steps toward accomplishing a goal (candidate screening steps), or things like the number of referenced candidates collected in a month takes time away from actually doing the job. The result: people don't report these steps and data is incomplete. With Jobscience, we customized our workflows in ways that speed up the job and automatically record KPIs. For example, when we press the button to record a completed interview or register a new referenced candidate (both tracked and reportable KPIs), automatically an email template will pop up on the screen to produce interview feedback, or thank the person who referred the candidate. In other words, users will always record these reportable steps because by recording them, Jobscience automates and speeds up the next steps in ways that makes the job easier, faster, and more reliable. If you are familiar with the Salesforce.com, it is a no-brainer.

• Reviewed on 10/03/2015
Andy B.
Lead Recruiter
    2.5/5
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2015

"Excellent Customer Service"

Pros: It has very intuitive technology, so training new users has proved to be relatively simple as well as being very configurable to our own business needs - special mention must go to our rep who has been professional, reliable, helpful and fun to work with throughout my dealings with JobScience.

Cons: The ability to search against skills could be a little more straightforward – I’m looking forward to seeing how scheduled upgrades will improve on this.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2015
Robert H.
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2020

"JobScience - Not for the Small Recruiter"

Comments: We worked with Job Science for a good 5 years. It was hard to get users to engage. It is a little complicated for what we wanted to use it for.

Pros: Firstly this is an enterprise product, if you are considering using JobScience with less then 100 users. I would rethink.
I do like some of its functions, bulk CV sends, easy work flows.

Cons: JobScience is not for small companies, its just not built that way. You need to spend alot to customise it. For large companies with big budgets, it would be worth exploring.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2020
Katie L.
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2017

"User-friendly product!"

Comments: This is a great user-friendly product that I use on a daily basis at work!

• Reviewed on 28/02/2017
Katie B.
  • Reviewed on 04/03/2015

"A piece of software that works effectively for your unique business"

Pros: How it can be customized to match the workflows and processes that are unique to your business.

Cons: It doesn't have a built-in e-marketing suite for building email campaigns.

• Reviewed on 04/03/2015
Brendan H.
  • Reviewed on 23/06/2015

"Utilize JobScience on daily basis as my main ATS"

Pros: Ease of use, accessible at home and office, offers great search-ability during sourcing activities

Cons: Mobile version is hard to use, have to switch to desktop view to find what I'm looking for (usually contact information or notes in my activity log)

• Reviewed on 23/06/2015
Ankit J.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/12/2017

"Likelihood to Recommend"

Pros: • Jobscience allows you to parse resumes for quick candidate profile building.
• Jobscience offers a chatter thread to leave notes or talk amongst my team about candidates.
• Jobscience comes with an app making it easy to use on the go.

Cons: • When closing a job ad, we find applicants can still apply to it later on. This creates confusion for applicants.
• The system sometimes struggles with detecting duplicate contacts or applications.
• I would like to see more options with the task feature.

• Reviewed on 16/12/2017
Jackie K.
Placement Director
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2015

"CIO Career Services Leader"

Pros: The support that we've gotten from the JobScience team has been amazing. They are always ready/willing and able to address any of our needs.

Cons: The inability to drag and drop documents and interface with our email is what I like the least.

• Reviewed on 13/03/2015
Scot B.
Vice President
Computer Software
  • Reviewed on 29/12/2015

"Great Addition to our company"

Pros: The product helps me quell my evangelical view of managing data properly. The online support is awesome too.

Cons: There are some formatting issues or layout issues they can work to improve. For example tracking the recruiter that submitted candidates to a particular req would be nice. Minor issue but would be a nice addition.

• Reviewed on 29/12/2015
Hailey P.

"Customizable and Customer-Friendly"

Pros: The software has everything an agency needs and can really be customized to fit your company's exact needs. JobScience's support staff is quick to help via chat or phone, and they will research your issue further if they don't have an immediate fix. Our Account Manager made us feel like a priority and continuously worked to optimize our use of the ATS.

Cons: A bit more hands-on help through our customization process might have helped us avoid a few hiccups with initial setup. That said, when we asked for help, we always received it, and our final setup was all-inclusive, user-friendly and thorough.

Laura F.
Lead Technical Recruiter
Staffing & Recruiting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2017

"JobScience as an off the shelf product is not tailored to IT Staffing."

Comments: I would not recommend this product at all and a lot of that has to do with their customer service.

Pros: JobSience is relatively simple to use and the resume search feature is improved with the new release.

Cons: It's difficult to capture all of the information we need in the staffing industry. Not very user-friendly and their customer service is non-existent. The system is not easily customized and JobScience will not answer any questions without billing you.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2017