• Overall

About Drift

Drift helps your team generate more leads and book meetings faster using messaging.

Learn more about Drift

Jonathan T.
Co-Founder
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"Lots of features, but easy to use"

Comments: We use Drift to chat with customers, qualify leads, and route them to the right person for support.

Pros: I really like the clean interface that Drift has. Even a new user can figure it out quickly and get to work.

Cons: My biggest dislike with Drift is actually a feature that others will probably find useful. I needed to set up my calendar and make it possible for people to book appointments with me through it - even though I already have that set up in HubSpot. Again, it's a great feature, but was redundant for me.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Contract Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2018

"Chat tool with a focus towards marketing"

Pros: The "strategy" / chatbot builder is easy, intuitive, and lets our sales development representatives automate their workflows without engineering help.

Cons: It seems much more geared towards marketing than customer support. We like that SDRs are automatically assigned, but routing of customer issues rather than new leads is equally important!

• Reviewed on 08/11/2018
Joseph J.
Marketing Manager
  • Reviewed on 02/10/2018

"Great tool"

Pros: Playbook editor is great. Very easy to qualify leads using bots.

Cons: I don't love the info capture. I wish I could prompt the user to add other information than just email.

• Reviewed on 02/10/2018
Gavin W.
Sales & Marketing
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"Great software for Sales!"

Pros: I found that drift is a great software to help connect with website visitors and turn them into customers.

Cons: There are no specific cons I found, however, I wish they would help more with managing support as well as sales.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Jürgen S.
Chief Innovator and Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2019

"Website Chat - Useful Tool, Missing Key Features"

Pros: Easy to install chat bot on your website.

Cons: Doesn't give live notifications when a website visitor enters chat, relies on third party software integrations to alert you to a chat initiation. Kind of defeats the purpose!

• Reviewed on 20/04/2019
Avery G.
Business Development Representative
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2019

"Great tool for inbound website chatting"

Comments: Overall my experience with Drift is positive, the tool functions properly with few glitches, or failures

Pros: The tool accomplishes its purpose very well, I use it daily, and never had a failure

Cons: Honestly, the only thing that could be improved about Drift at my company would be routing rules, but that is not a fault of Drift that is a fault of our administrator. Drift allows for customization of inbound routing

• Reviewed on 16/11/2019
Dennis U.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2019

"Drift has shown our clients results like no other software."

Pros: Drift became an absolutely essential piece of our web development proposal, as every client we integrated with Drift saw a massive increase in converting customers. To put the icing on the cake, it's highly affordable and extremely simple to integrate with a website. Barely any code, very clean and intuitive for customers to use. We love Drift!

Cons: No cons on Drift, it's truly a fantastic live chat software.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2019
Renea H.
  • Reviewed on 29/06/2018

"Drift Right Into Warm Conversations!"

Comments: Being able to start the conversation without feeling weird and creepy.

Pros: I learned about Drift from several companies with whom I do business. It is an incredible tool to help me warm right up to people coming to my site needing help.

Cons: The only thing I did not like about it is the blinking of message notification on my browser tab but actually what can be done is simply click on that and it goes away. It is a bit expensive but people have the ability to book right there in the chat.

• Reviewed on 29/06/2018
Director, Product Marketing
  • Reviewed on 03/04/2019

"Good tool - chat isn't new but Drift does it well"

Comments: Very solid tool. Chat has been around for years, but Drift is making it cool again by reinvigorating it and blending it in to the modern martech stack.

Pros: Pretty quick and easy to implement. The tool is flexible with a suite of developer tools. Connects weel to the workflow of sales people (Slack, email, gmail, google cal).

Cons: Integrations with marketing automation could be more extensive and tighter. At this point much of it is very new. Reporting is way too simplified. They need to better tie where the person was to when they engaged with chat.

• Reviewed on 03/04/2019
Chief Product Officer
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"Already a Big Impact in Communicating with Potential Customers"

Pros: Drift was very easy to integrate into our website. We were able see an impact shortly after we installed it with customers communicating with us directly from our website. It captures the customer's email as well, which allows us to track and follow the lead after the website interaction.

Cons: It might just be user-error, but it seems a little difficult to open the Drift application and get right into chat when a new visitor chat alert happens... but likely won't be a problem for those who are assigned support team.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Don S.
Co-Founder
Wireless, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2019

"Best chat app -- gets us ROI"

Comments: Was able to start a sales conversation that let to our first sale so I'm a big fan of Drift.

Pros: You can set up a bot and show messages to website visitors. Replies send to the visitor's email, which we really like.
Booking calendar is included
We have ours integrated with our marketing automation software and we believe this is a powerful sales tool.

Cons: We haven't used it to its full potential yet so hard to find a negative.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2019
Joseph P.
Operations Manager
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"Great Tool for Growing Your Client Base and Organizing Website Visitors"

Pros: Great tool for visitors and providing a great website experience. Great way to organize and qualify the visitors. Awesome tool that has a lot of flexibility to make it useful to each company. Great Sales Development Product!

Cons: - It can get sorta confusing with the playbooks but if you go through the onboarding - Everything will be fine!

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018
Kenneth D.
president
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"Great addition"

Comments: brought a modern feel and another avenue to reach customers while they are on our site.

Pros: Great integration to our website actively allows access to clients in realtime

Cons: Honestly I can not think of anything that we do not like

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Mark L.
Marketing Strategist
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2018

"Getting better, but still not extremely easy to use"

Pros: I used Drift a few years ago and hated it. I came back a few months ago and they've made a ton of improvements. We use it for automated emails to customers based on their behavior in the app, and it's been very useful and effective for that. We recently started up live chat, and that's gone off without a hitch (user errors notwithstanding).

Cons: Their live chat support isn't very good, which is a little ironic. I believe their live chat is staffed by salespeople, even the live chat within the app, so when I chat with a question, they send me up to support. I don't think their user dashboard is always super intuitive, either. I often get lost in the app if I'm ever trying to do something I haven't done before.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2018
Mid-Market Account Executive
  • Reviewed on 02/01/2019

"Drift has provided a new outlet for customers and prospects"

Pros: Sales means being first to the plate- so being able to quickly engage and interact with prospects as they browse our website is huge.
Also quick hit tech support questions are a big win when learning a new software.

Cons: The Salesforce Integration isn't great- however the UI of the product is.

• Reviewed on 02/01/2019
Software Sales and Solution Manager
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2019

"Easy chat set up right to your website"

Comments: Great product. Free version is pretty limited, but gets the job done.

Pros: I found that drift has a very nice flow and design. It was very easy to set up, and I've seen a great increase in customer interaction from our website when i am able to engage them.

Cons: Paid tiers are expensive. It looks like you get some great features through their paid services, but compared to other companies, they seem very expensive

• Reviewed on 14/02/2019
Ishan S.
Customer Success Manager
  • Reviewed on 24/10/2018

"Makes customer interaction easy!!"

Comments: I am enjoying drift as it helps my customers to directly drop in a chat whenever they have any queries, this has reduced the number of support calls I used to get before drift.

Pros: It's ability to post internal notes that only your team members can see. It really helps during troubleshooting.

Cons: The mobile app is a little confusing at times and it takes time in refreshing, it doesn't auto refresh and doesn't display the recent chats on it's own.

• Reviewed on 24/10/2018
Tamás R.
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"You can fell in love with a SaaS product."

Pros: Drift is the world's first and only conversational marketing platform. You can talk to your best leads real time on your page and create super personalized messages to get in contact with them.

Cons: Its features mostly are created for the US market and some parts of the software can't be used in my Hungarian language. But honestly, I can't really mention anything bad. The team shifts monthly new features. They are super fast!

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Gabby H.
sales exec.
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"Drift Review"

Comments: I can see a huge impact on our team using Drift, with inbound and conversations.

Pros: Drift allows me to connect with prospects easily and quickly. The bot is helpful when we are away, but I can personal messages when need be.

Cons: The drift app does not have the same features it does on the desktop and the format can be unusual. Much prefer to use on a laptop.

by Drift on 20/02/2020

Hi Gabby,

Wow 10/10 we're flattered! Thank you so much for sharing your experience with us. Please let us know how we can be helpful to you this year.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Julien B.
Marketing
Wholesale, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/11/2018

"Easy to use, but keep your chats organized/clean"

Comments: My support team likes it! So far so good. We've been using Drift for 2 years now.

Pros: Drift is easy to use and pretty straightforward. Installing it on your website is super easy and they provide good support. The support team is very responsive. Couple things I like : - Send chat by email when the visitor closed the window/website
- Notification settings
- Chat window is simple but yet effective
- Support team is friendly and responsive
- Pricing (we started with the free version for a year)
- Auto-responder

Cons: When you have high traffic websites like we do, it's absolutely crucial to keep your chat logs organized. Would have liked to have more flexibility on this end (different folders, important chats, etc.).

• Reviewed on 20/11/2018
Ezra S.
co founder
Religious Institutions, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2019

"My leads increased"

Comments: Overall, drift has ben able to get way for leads and conversions. This does create a huge impact in growing our organization alot more.

Pros: I like that i can access new conversations not only form my desktop but smartphones so i can communicate a much a possible with website visitors. And also the option for someone to put in the email and name without asking

Cons: I do not like that the free version is limited as it pertains to automated messages. I guess thats similar for other chat apps.

• Reviewed on 28/07/2019
Mike H.
Director of Customer Success
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020

"Prime tool for connecting with potential customers"

Comments: Drift has a ton of features and customizations that make live chat a major sales generator for us. Drift is especially good at allowing you to fine-tune the rules for determining what chat messages get sent to whom.

Pros: Great web chat functionality, email automation, and it connects very well with the other sales tools we use.

Cons: It's a bit pricey compared to other tools but we definitely get good value from it. The app is buggier and support is not as good as I would like, which I feel is due to their fast growth recently.

by Drift on 19/02/2020

Hi Mike,

Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback. We really appreciate it! I'm sorry you've run into some challenges with bugs + support. We are currently expanding our support team, if you have some specific feedback on your experience, please don't hesitate to drop me a note at [email protected] Thanks again.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2020
Amit N.
Growth Manager
Internet, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/09/2020

"Powerful buy pricey"

Comments: Honestly, it's the best software out there for that purpose. It's east to implement and start using, the results are coming fast and everything is measurable.

Pros: The ease of getting started and implementation

Cons: If you want to enjoy most of the features, you need big pockets because it's pricey

by Drift on 01/10/2020

Amit,

Thank you so much for sharing this, and I'm thrilled to know you've found Drift powerful, and easy to implement, and start using. Please let us know how else we can be helpful to you!

• Reviewed on 23/09/2020
John M.
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2021

"Drift is the best 'customer chat' system on the market"

Comments: Once again Drift have helped to define what companies should be using chat software for. Yes, it is for 'live chat', that much is obvious. But DRIFT define their tool as helping to deliver 'conversation marketing', and that for me really helps to define how companies should be using Chat software - to start and nurture a conversation that could lead to an ongoing relationship.

Pros: Love Drift. It is very easy to use but more importantly, it is very easy to love using. This is important in software adoption and Drift is one of the best examples I have seen of this in recent years. They've built an awesome product, which does everything you need it to - but the fact that it is fun to use DRIFT makes it an even more compelling product.

Cons: Hard to say. Probably the fact that although the core product is free (and you get lots of awesome features), you have to upgrade to the 'fullest licence' in order to get the 'uber cool' tools such as allowing the 'chat users' to book an appointment directly into the Calendar of the chosen agent.

by Drift on 02/02/2021

Hi John,

Wow! We're flattered! THANK YOU! Pls let us know how we can continue to support you, and tnx for being a customer!

• Reviewed on 27/01/2021
Rob C.
Content & SEO Specialist
  • Reviewed on 21/12/2019

"Expensive but awesome"

Comments: With two substantially different audiences being targeted by our business, and a general need to do a better job of quickly connecting with promising leads, we've been quite pleased so far with Drift. We've already had several great opportunities arise thanks to the tool, and still have a large number of new bots to roll out, plus refinements to make based on our learnings from using the tool. As a supplement to our other inbound marketing efforts, I foresee chat through Drift being a substantial asset for a long while to come.

Pros: With Drift, you can create customized chat experiences for users based on all sorts of criteria - the page they're on, the number of times they've visited, the channel they used to get to your site - and to target specific businesses with targeted messaging. Building the chat flows (Drift calls them "Playbooks") is generally quite easy, allowing you to quickly build out new bots once you get a hang of the platform. Drift also includes support chat built right into the product, meaning every time I get stuck, I'm able to reach out and get a hand from one of their product experts right away.

Cons: We haven't been using Drift for that long, and there have already been a number of instances where I or one of the other users in the company have attempted to do something that seems obvious, only to find out the tool doesn't allow us to do so. We're always told that a feature request has been submitted, but there's no way to know how long it will take before we get whatever little tweak we're looking for in order to provide a smoother, more pleasant chat experience on our site.

by Drift on 20/02/2020

Hi Rob,

Thanks for taking the time to share all of this detail. It's really helpful. Our feature request process is something we're improving this quarter, I agree this has not been the best experience to date.

Thanks again for sharing, and if we can be helpful to you with you 2020 plans, please let us know how we can support you!

All the best -