ServiceTitan Reviews

4.3 (198) Write a Review!

About ServiceTitan

ServiceTitan is the leading business software that's changing the way residential and commercial field service shops do business.

Learn more about ServiceTitan

Pros:

The interface is very user friendly, properly labeled, and easy on the eyes. There isn't a lot of unnecessary buttons or icons that can confuse, which would make learning it that much harder.

Cons:

It has been a while since we used this software so I don't know if this has changed, but at the time this was very frustrating.

ServiceTitan ratings

4.1
4.2
4.1
3.7

7.6/10

ServiceTitan has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 198 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used ServiceTitan before?

Marlin
Marlin
Business Development in US

Best in the biz

Comments: It’s allowed us to be effective with every workflow, from taking calls to following up on jobs.

Pros:

Feature set and workflows are the best in the industry. Support is top notch. Software is reliable. The pages just load in a snap unlike our last software.

Cons:

Like any software change, it was a learning curve. But our success team helps us use the software efficiently and answer any questions we have.

4 years ago

Thank you for taking time to review ServiceTitan and for being a customer. We built ServiceTitan to help contractors like you run their business more successfully. We look forward to celebrating all of your future successes.

Peter
GM in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

The BEST Service software out there for companies!

Comments: Very good is the best way I can sum it up. We would not want to be with another company.

Pros:

The abilities are rich and continue to be added to over time with the system. They are continually improving based on feedback from their customers.

Cons:

Because it is such a big and complete system there is a LOT to learn. They work to make it easy to understand but it can still be difficult. You need to make sure you have a good success manager. in the service titan network your guide and helper is called a success manager. Demand one that will work with you to be successful.

Amy
Owner / General Manager in US
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

The only field service software you'll ever need!

Comments: Our business has grown since using ServiceTitan and as owners, we can see what is going on in our business day to day from anywhere.

Pros:

ServiceTitan has more features and capability of anything else out there for the home services industry.

Cons:

Their customer support could be improved. It is often difficult to get support in a timely manner.

Aaron
Aaron

The Over-sold software

2.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Service Titan was sold to us under the guise that it would boost profitability, streamline operations, enable invoicing and payments in field, and all the other things you want to hear.I should have taken the lack of being able to test drive the software as a indication that this was not going to turn out as expected.Service Titan is geared toward HVAC companies that utilize service items (instead of hourly rates or other pricing methods). There is absolutely no flexibility nor alternative methodology other than the intended workflow built by Service Titan. That is why there is a 5-week training and preparation before "launch" (yikes). Aside from being staunchly rigid in how it's used, making adjustments to trivial things like time sheets is made frustratingly over complicated by non-sensical workflows (for which there is no defined structure in support). Furthermore, the audit-trail concept is poorly executed, with snippets like "<user> updated payroll with changes" and absolutely no indication of what the changes were.I did not have a good experience with Service Titan. I tried really hard to make it work, and I'm tech savvy and pretty tolerant of mediocre software, but Service Titan is extremely over-priced for the product they actually offer.

Pros:

There are very few features of Service Titan that I can get excited about or reflect on as being something I liked. The feature I liked the most, however, would be having a customers history appear as they called the office; and yes, this ultimately is of little consequence in the end.

Cons:

Of all the features I wasn't particularly fond of, I would say the best way to sum it up would be that this software is, as one of my technicians put it, "clunky" (and he came over after using it at another company). Perhaps I'm spoiled or too accustom to modern software, but I do not think this is too much to expect when being charged over $1,000 per month for small business software, that there is some consideration of the user experience.

Gary
CFO in US
Construction, 11-50 Employees

ServiceTitan is the best out there

Comments: The software continues to grow with the industry and is on the cutting edge for home service software.

Pros:

The mobile customer experiance is amazing.

Cons:

The materials management module is still in need of some work.

Production Manager in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Service TItan - Windows to Mac for the HVAC world!

Comments: EXCELLENT customer service depending on your CSM. We have had several. Current is based out of ATL and they are amazing! Easy to use software, visual and self explanatory. Implementation was smooth but had its share of concerns. I would not import Memberships if I had the chance to do over. It would have been easier for manual import due to revenue recognition issues and membership reporting numbers being inaccurate due to inactive membership types (the imports). Overall great experience tho with the implementation team.

Pros:

Customer notifications that allowed our clients to see when a tech was in route and location of route. Customer service features, clean, easy to view board and job details can be as detailed or minimal as desired. Ease of function.

Cons:

Reporting software is slightly lacking. Mobile version is limited for techs on the field. Notifications for reminders are limited to one paragraph/set of content, not different based on business unit. Hardest part - we cannot sell equipment through the system due to the inability for AHRI Matchups.

Chloe
Chief Marketing Officer in US
Individual & Family Services, 11-50 Employees

Its Because of ServiceTitan

Pros:

Success Manager is absolutely amazing! Her name is Ari and she goes above and beyond for our company when it comes to adding additional features that aren't a part of the default software. Love ServiceTitan and all that it has to offer.

Cons:

You do have to put time into the software. However, if you do take the time, learn the features, build out the process, and implement it, then you can take your business to the next level.

2 years ago

Wow, thank you for sharing this feedback and congrats on all the success you are seeing! At ServiceTitan, we're truly humbled to be a part of our customers' success stories and reviews like this one remind us that our hard work towards supporting tradespeople and service professionals can really pay off. Thanks for choosing ServiceTitan and for sharing this experience with us.

Darius
Operations Lead in US

Excellent Field Management for an affordable price

Comments: No software solution is going to be perfect or completely handle everything you need (not without major cost at least!)
Overall ServiceTitan handles everything we need and provides accurate accounting as well.

Pros:

ServiceTitan excels really well at providing technicians in the field with tools they need to estimate, sell and install/repair for residential customers. The mobile app is beautiful and easy to use. I love how technicians can create quick quotes from estimate templates, show pictures and pricing, good/better/best options and financing and even take payments and signatures on the go. You can even create custom forms such as troubleshooting and job arrival/completion forms.

Cons:

ServiceTitan is not the best solution for commercial business. Creating quotes from the office is still not efficient, could be done differently. Multi-day jobs are confusing to figure out.

JoAnne
HVAC Installation Coordinator in US
Utilities, 51-200 Employees

Great Software and Great Service

Comments: Overall its been great.

Pros:

I work from the office side and I've had to learn how to do the field side from the office side and the ability to work around how the program was intended to be used has been very easy. ServiceTitan has been made aware of the fact that not all people in the field will find it easy to work with and will need support from the office side. The office side also has to be able to work around the limitations of the employee permission settings due to the companies management preference's and ServiceTitan has made that easier to do. ServiceTitan has made it easier to fix mistakes that employees make without canceling and rebuilding jobs or add an estimate to an existing job. I have found it easy to work with, I enjoy it, I wish I was in a position that I could use more of it's capabilities, especially the accounting side.

Cons:

Like all web based programs it comes with some challenges.

CEO in US
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Over excited to be let down.

Comments: No good. Lack of support. Lack of communication. Overall I believe the choice I made to take my small, family owned business to service titan is the biggest mistake I made. We struggled with little and help and nearly went out of business as I was busy mostly working on my crm vs growing my business. I do not recommend for small shops. Make sure you have the ability to have a dedicate software manager on your payroll

Pros:

More permission control's the other software. Extensive reporting.

Cons:

Where do we begin? Support cannot solve challenges with any other issue other then user error. They always send an email to connect you to you " success manager" who essentially is a middle man between you and the department over what ever feature your having issues with. When the success manager reaches out to you, eventually, it is essentially a scheduled call to set another appointment with the other department. I guess they do not keep records of support calls or forward notes to the success manager so this can be in one call. Marketing pro is way over priced and we could not utilize. Attempted to get out of that when we realized service titan was alot for our small shop to handle. We could never get the inventory feature fully Launched with tracking and sync to quick books. We have not had marketing pro for nearly 6 months and service titan has yet to release our yext listing so we can utilize this. We are still having issues with our listing changing to service titan tracking numbers no longer associated with us, we are loosing leads today due to this. Have reached out multiple times to be told our success manager would reach out and still have not heard anything back. My experience with service titan was great up to the point we signed a 2 year contract believing this to be a God send and quickly turned to a nightmare consuming many late nights and many days working on my software loosing my sanity so my team could keep theirs. We left 3 months ago

Scott
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees

Current Service Titan User / Admin

Comments: Service Titan is very technician driven and focused and needs to be a 50/50 balance between admin and techs. Their customer service has gone WAY DOWN in the past year or more. It is very hard to get ahold of support and we are not getting timely assistance and / or call backs. They system also seems to go down A LOT and have issues, when they state that they are proud of their "lack of down time". We feel as though that they are constantly focused on introducing new products all of the time without mastering / fine tuning the ones that they have now. There are too many bugs and trouble areas with current basic software and they want to introduce more and more. We feel as though they grew too fast. We like the direction that they are going but need to master their initial products first.

Pros:

The scheduling and dispatching board and screens are easy to navigate and very helpful. Easy to follow schedules and changes that need to be made to the jobs can be done easily in one area with minimal screen movement. The search area is also very inclusive and there are many different ways to do multiple searches for items, clients etc that we are looking for.

Cons:

This software is more technician driven than it is administrative driven. In this time and age, there should be much easier screen flows, easier ways to track items and reporting. There also should be better short cuts for the admin team inside. The price book is not very easy to use as well and needs work done on it as well.

Sheena
Business System Analyst in US
Construction, 201-500 Employees

Great Business Software!

Comments: It's is a continuous learning experience using ServiceTitan because the platform is always evolving!

Pros:

ServiceTitan is the tool we use to make our business more profitable by automating what can be automated so we can focus on our Service Performance and building lifelong relationships with our clients!

Cons:

With any software, there will always be bugs and glitches; this is my least favorite thing about the software.

2 years ago

Hi Sheena, Thanks for your feedback. We couldn't be happier to hear about your success and all of the ways ServiceTitan has helped your business grow. We believe it's essential that the men and women of the trades have a cutting-edge platform built especially to help them run their businesses more effectively and connect better with their customers. That's why we're always listening to feedback, and constantly taking the steps to improve our software. Please keep providing your feedback. It helps us continue to evolve and keep pace with the amazing companies we serve.

Bernadette
Bernadette
Admin in US

Customer Service needs Improvement

Comments: Overall it is too expensive for the quality of customer service.

Pros:

Service Titan is good for a lot of reasons one of them being call tracking for marketing purposes, call recording for checking our own staff customer service and for recall. Service Titan syncs with outside software like gps tracking and accounting. It is a good software.

Cons:

The cons with Service Titan are that they don't have a quick response time for customer service the best way is through a chat but not as efficient as they could be.

3 years ago

Thank you Bernadette for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on building an amazing software that helps our customers better manage their business operations. That being said, we are constantly working hard to improve our services and offerings. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to have you on board. Please do reach out to your success rep if there's anything we can do to be of help.

Dawn
Sales and Service Titan Coordinator, etc. in US

Surpassed our revenue goals

Comments: We surpassed our company-wide revenue goals in the third quarter of this year. I truly believe that we would not have been able to do this without ServiceTitan. We are able to provide better service to our customers. Phone integration puts the customer's information and service history at our fingertips. Booking confirmation and automatic appointment reminders free upMobile Dispatching allows customers to track the arrival of their technicians. Greensky financing and a good, better, best pricing is helping our technicians sell more in the field. We are better able to manage our maintenance contracts. What's not to love?

Pros:

Ease of use, Dashboard Revenue Tracking, Multi-tasking, Customer Experience, ServiceTitan is constantly working to improve and develop the platform. The technical support in resolving issues is easy, fast and responsive.

Cons:

Batching and exporting invoices and payments to Quickbooks is cumbersome at best. I wish reporting were more clear and flexible. Even with custom reporting, we sometimes have to run multiple reports to get the information we need.

4 years ago

Dawn, Thanks for taking time to review ServiceTitan. We love hearing stories like yours, about how ServiceTitan has helped your business grow and has made your life easier. It's what motivates all 400+ of us to strive each day to keep improving and to be as extraordinary as the companies who rely on ServiceTitan.

Courtney
Accounting Manager in US

Best Software Company!

Pros:

With continuous feature updates and amazing customer service, ServiceTitan continues to impress us. Their user-friendly interface, makes everything from receiving calls to invoicing a customer super easy. Due to smoother dispatching and job tracking, our capacity to complete more jobs each day has increased significantly since switching to ServiceTitan. We have been able to stream-line so many or our processes which saves us lots of time and money. If you want your company to grow and be competitive in this industry, there is no question that you will switch to ServiceTitan.

Cons:

I have nothing bad to say about ServiceTitan. All ideas and updates that customers have for the system, ServiceTitan listens to and improves on.

3 years ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We pride ourselves on making our platform easy to learn and intuitive to use. We are grateful you decided to share your experience. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

Stacy
Service coordinator in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 11-50 Employees

BUY IT NOW

Comments: Its been great. Its a powerful tool with many features.

Pros:

Its amazing. It is has every feature that we were looking for. Its your flat rate price book, time card, dispatch software, sends appointment reminders, communicates with Quickbooks. It does it all!

Cons:

There are a few features I wish they would add to the dispatch board. Such as if you ordered parts and placed a job on hold, it would be nice to have a ghost/shadow of that call remain, instead of then nothing appearing on the dispatch board at all....

Spencer
Business Development Manager in
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees

I was told that we we need to revise our business model. WHAT?!

Comments: Stay away if you are a person who values customer service and being treated with respect. After all you pay their wages.

Pros:

Lots of features. Some Useless, some not. I can see how the features would work for other companies but for us we ended up turning off a good amount of them as they added a lot of unnecessary steps. They do have good invoicing and job scheduling.

Cons:

The reason I even decided to write this review (I never write reviews) is because we had subscribed to the Service Titan software and had a pretty good time using it. It seemed to really help us. We got on board with them about a year after they started up. So they were able to work out some bugs in their software and make it at least sustainable. However, they started to do update after update after update. With these updates we got thrown into their "beta testing" without even getting our consent first. We were doing something one way and then they would introduce a new "feature" and it would completely derail our entire process and we would have to start from square one. This happened repeatedly. My second issue with this company is that the designate each company that subscribes to their service what they call a "Success Manager". Which is cool and all but when the success manager knows less about their own software then you do, that's a problem to me. On top of that, the Success Managers we were assigned were rude. The first one was so rude that I requested another because I thought that every time I would talk to this person I would lose my freaking temper and say things that shouldn't be said. So now we get a second Success Manager, which we thought was going to make everything better. Nope. We get this new Success Manager and I mention to her that we have been having an issue with our payroll being reported correctly through Service Titan and we had to do our payroll calculations through an outside software, which wasn't a big deal, it was just an extra step we were trying to avoid. After emailing back and forth and being on phone calls multiple times trying to figure out something that is incredibly simple but they couldn't seem to get their software to do the math, I receive one final phone call. The Success Manager states that she has the answer and all of our payroll problems were solved. Definitely not. She brought us down the completely wrong path and when I told her that isn't what we were trying to do we wanted it done a different way, if possible, her response is, "Well typically companies don't operate their business that way so maybe you should consider restructuring your business model." WHAT?!?! are you kidding me? We have been in business for 60 years and you are going to tell me that because YOU can't figure something out, something that is beyond simple math wise you just have to tell the software to do it for us, that we have to reevaluate our entire business model??? The least she could have done is said something like, "I don't believe our software will do that but let me see what I can do." At least that would have shown some promise. That is just the tip of the iceberg but after the multitude of issues we have had with them trying to figure out minor problems and being told, "too bad so sad", I had to write a review. I don't want anyone else to experience what we experienced. We are paying for their wages and they continuously seem like they are trying to get us to cancel. I may be difficult at times and I am completely aware of that, but for things like that to be said regardless of how difficult anyone may be is absolutely ridiculous.

Tim
Installer in US

Best service software

Comments: I use this software daily and absolutely love it. Can’t believe I use to do it without this software

Pros:

This is hands down the best service software for any service related construction business. Super easy to use and contains all the info you need for each job.

Cons:

Software is pricey but once you have it you understand why it costs what it does. This software is almost more than you need at times

2 years ago

Hi Tim, Thanks for the 5-star review. We're happy to hear that you love ServiceTitan. Reviews from customers like you help other businesses better understand what ServiceTitan does and make a more informed decision. We are humbled you decided to share your experience. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

Taylor
Marketing Organizer in US

Great for Service Industries

Pros:

Been using ServiceTitan since 2016. Constant improvements, great customer support, and a vital part of our office running smoothly.

Cons:

Batching invoices over to QB and sometimes issues with card swipers.

3 years ago

Thank you, Taylor, for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We're happy to hear that ServiceTitan has helped tremendously improve your organization's and it's a vital part of your operations. We're committed to making ServiceTitan the best software solution for contractors. That means talking to our customers, listening to their feedback, and constantly improving. Thank you for your support and for making your voice heard. We're excited to continue partnering with you.

Financial Controller in US
Utilities, 11-50 Employees

Service Titan

Comments: Five-stars. It is quite facilitative. We are pleased

Pros:

I like this software as it helps tremendously with the many logistical aspects of our quality organization

Cons:

I do not have dislikes with the software as it is sophisticated enough to handle our special niche needs

3 years ago

Thank you for taking the time to review ServiceTitan. We're happy to hear that ServiceTitan has helped tremendously improve your organization's efficiency. We've been working hard to build an amazing software for our customers and we are thrilled you think so, too. We are humbled you decided to share your experience. Looking forward to continuing to help your business grow.

jarod
Owner in Canada
Construction, 2-10 Employees

Hope your ready to spend lots of money, read there contract they will lock you in over 1 yr

Comments: bad experience

Pros:

the best features were phone calls being recorded and bio links sent out other then that no better the house calls pro

Cons:

Costs way to must , after wanting to leave after my 1 year agreement was up. Service Titan told me that in the agreement I signed, it stated that the contract Auto renews unless 30 days written notice was given to them. they are a money hungry company that will charge you for any of there features and there charges are not cheep. don't get trapped like me.

Sylvette
Office Manager in US
Environmental Services, 2-10 Employees

Poor Support

Comments: Implementation specialist was helpful and responsive.

Pros:

The software has many features. Dashboard capabilities.

Cons:

Product is overly expensive. The features are not part of the training upon implementation. Many are found during daily usage as one explores the software and stumbles upon them. Chat support continues to timeout with no option to call in; just email or chat.

3 years ago

Hi Sylvette, Thank you for your feedback. Feedback really helps us improve our business. We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience with us. We have shared your feedback with our implementation and support our team.

Joshua
Service Manager in US

Fantastic Field Software

Comments: The user experience has been great over the last five years. Admin and mobile

Pros:

The ability to gather large amounts of data to give our customers a five star experience. This couldn't be accomplished using paper invoices alone.

Cons:

Tap delays on mobile cause double tapping, which puts you to the next screen accidentally.

Dominic
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Caveat Emptor

Comments: Some of the issues we faced during our deployment and Go Live;
Inability to deal with standard Quickbooks naming convention (Lastname, Firstname)
A fix for this issue that generated a large number of duplicate records in QuickBooks.
The final fix required all customer records in Quickbooks and ServiceTitan to be changed, manually.
All customer locations being mislabel
During import into Quickbooks customer name and location information fields merged rendering Google Maps unusable.
Pricebook, item, and invoices would not allow for mutli-decimal pricing, rendering item prices incorrect, and all A&R reports inaccurate
Constant changes to the UI, even during business hours.
Integrated billing software turned on but never configured.
Charged for submitting wrong type a check for processing. Check types only specified in test environment until next release.
Too many undocumented features that need to be turned on by success manager.

Pros:

World class technical support, one of the best I have ever worked with, they obviously know the product, and when they need to follow up, they have some of the best time to answer rates I have seen. Joshua Jenswold keep up the great work.

Cons:

Expensive Inability to import data accurately Generates more work than it alleviates. Product features are numerous, but shortcomings in execution show a lack of maturity from a development and management standpoint.

Laurel
Accountant in US
Construction

GREAT PROGRAM! VERY USER FRIENDLY!

Pros:

This program is very user friendly and the Service Titan team really goes above and beyond to adapt it to your individual business needs. Whenever I need help or have a question, I email and always get a timely response. Matthew Huber recently assisted me with some issues I was having with a new QB account and getting it in sync with Service Titan. His help has been absolutely priceless. He is very professional and knowledgeable and was very patient as he navigated me through understanding why I was having issues and how to fix them.

Cons:

I have no dislikes with the product or the vendor. They are a very knowledgeable team and will assist you through chat, email or by phone. Very accommodating.