Soda PDF Reviews

by LULU Software

Filter by:

• Overall

About Soda PDF

Soda PDF Anywhere is the first full-featured PDF solution available both as a desktop and a web-based app.

Learn more about Soda PDF

Diane R.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2021

"Doesn't work as promised and customer support sucks"

Comments: SodaPDF worked fine when I first installed it, but after one of the updates, I was no longer able to scan documents or connect to the internet to update the software. I sent support an email - that's the only way to contact them. It took 2-3 days to get an email response requesting more details. I answered their questions, and again, it took 2-3 days to get a response back. At that point, support indicated that my problems were associated with the most recent update. It's been a month since the problems started and all SodaPDF wants to do at this point is close my case. I asked for a refund of my money, but was informed that I was past the company's 30-day money-back policy. I purchased the software on March 7th and the problems started before the 30-day period ended. At this point, I either keep wasting my time and energies trying to get this situation resolved or accept that I'm stuck with a product that does not work as promised.

Pros: When it worked correctly, I liked the scanning and password protection features the most.

Cons: SodaPDF automatically sets up SodaPDF as the default PDF reader. That would be ok except that SodaPDF takes longer to load and is inferior to Adobe's reader.

by LULU Software on 23/04/2021

Hello Diane,
Thank you for sharing your experience. Please be sure your feedback is forwarded to the corresponding department. As our support agent mentioned the scanner issue has been flagged to the team in charge and is currently being investigated. Till the issue with Soda PDF 12 is resolved you can use the 11th version to to create files from your scanner.

• Reviewed on 21/04/2021
Ahmed S.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 10/08/2021

"The best app to edit pdf."

Pros: I like the easy control to edit and type in the app.

Cons: I like least the free trial is very short.

by LULU Software on 24/08/2021

Hello Ahmed,
Thank you for sharing that you find our program easy to use. We also appreciate your feedback on our trial. We have forwarded it to the developers.
If you need any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact our support.

• Reviewed on 10/08/2021
Quantty Surveyor
Construction, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2020

"Cancellation an Issue"

Comments: Usage wise it was effective from a basic point of view. Customer support extremely poor.

Pros: Reasonably easy to use and inexpensive within limits

Cons: Decided not to renew but Soda won't let me remove my credit card details

by LULU Software on 24/02/2020

Thanks for your review. We are happy that you found Soda PDF to be easy to handle and to be inexpensive. We are, however, very sorry about your bad experience with our customer support. We would ask to give us a second chance to fix your problem quickly. We ask you to contact our customer support again and we will certainly solve your problem for you.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2020
Sophie W.
Accounts assistant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2020

"Easy to use"

Comments: I use it every day. Overall is a good experience using Soda as it is simple to use and you can edit the PDF.

Pros: Soda PDF is easy to use, simple to navigate as well. I like that you can edit the PDF and highlight it on the computer.

Cons: Sometimes it freezes and takes a while to load, but this does not last long.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2020
Ana M.
Ana M.
Administrator
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/03/2019

"Fantastic PDF editor and viewer"

Comments: Exceptionally good PDF editor and viewer, perfect for any occasion and project.

Pros: This program is so packed with features and options that is incredible. Anything that You can think about, there is already implemented in. Ribbon interface is a standard one. Very fast response. PDF editing is so fluid. There are plenty converting options and preferences in general.

Cons: Font management can be better as it takes so much time to open list of fonts. Often is freezing (for a few seconds) with interesting video glitch. More languages would be nice.

by LULU Software on 29/03/2019

Thank you very much for your positive feedback. This motivates our team to keep improving our software.

• Reviewed on 25/03/2019
Regina H.
Regina H.
Owner and CEO
  • Reviewed on 25/07/2019

"PDF and so much more"

Comments: Soda PDF can convert any pdf into very several and everything needed formats in a blink of an eye. Great product that allows for esignatures as well

Pros: Soda PDF is a perfect software tool to use when dealing with PDFs and the need to convert.

Cons: It is not free, but it is worth the minimal fees

• Reviewed on 25/07/2019
Hans B.
electrical engineer
Design, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2021

"customer service is the horrible --- run"

Comments: horrible - if you cant get a problem resolved then your sitting there with a piece of software that is useless.

Pros: nothing if it take 2 months to resolve an issue

Cons: The customer service if something goes wrong, you want to be able to get it resolved. Not with these guys

by LULU Software on 02/07/2021

Hi Hans, thank you for sharing your feedback on the program and our customer support, we will forward it to the appropriate team so we can work on the improvements of our services. In order to use the paid version of the program, you have to sign in to your Soda PDF account. You can check this article that will help you sign in correctly.
Or you can contact our live chat where our highly skilled support agents will be glad to assist you with the activation issue (it's available Monday-Friday 3 am - 5 pm EST).
To open the Chat, please follow the steps below:

Adjunct Professor
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2018

"Powerful PDF Program -"

Pros: I began using Soda PDF, Desktop 10 version, because I wanted a no-cost or low-cost solution to combining pdf pages into one document or to separate one pdf document into separate pages. Soda PDF met those expectations and much more. Soda PDF enables me to create a PDF from a file, my clipboard, or even from a blank. Right on the home page there is a support link as well as a video product tour. It is very well design and user friendly. I had no issues doing what I needed to do.

Cons: Probably what I like the least is just a personal opinion and a concern I have with most software. There seems to be so many features and functions that it would be impossible to learn it all and use it all. That sometimes makes it difficult to grasp exactly what needs to be accessed to get something accomplished.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2018
Entrepreneur
Think Tanks, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2020

"SODA PDF Alternative to Adobe PDF"

Comments: I want to make PDF documents and merge multiple files.
I open the app on my desk top, it takes about 10 minutes to load, if it works at all, most of the time I have to end the task. I would not recommend it.

Pros: Price was very affordable, as an alternative to Adobe.

Cons: It takes at least 10 minutes to load. If I had known I would not have bought it.

by LULU Software on 10/02/2020

I am sorry about the bad experience. I would recommend to contact our customer service team, they will be able to assist you with your technical problem.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2020
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2018

"Watch out Adobe! Soda is on your heels."

Comments: Love! Try it.

Pros: Before I started using InDesign, I had used this free online software to merge large PDF files into a booklet for our Magazine company. It is very fast to compile your data and create professional looking booklets absolutely free. Also, you can use this online without the need to download software.

Cons: Honestly, I do not have any real complaints. You can download this software if you choose and use it as an overall PDF reader and editor.

• Reviewed on 06/07/2018
Maria B.
Estudiante
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2018

"IIt is a very easy to use converter, it transforms documents of different formats among themselves."

Pros: I can transform the diversity of file formats among themselves, that is, I can transform png, jpg, bmp, word, excel formats, among others, to pdf format and vice versa.

Cons: Sometimes it can take a while to make the conversions according to the size of the file to be transformed and in some cases it could even cancel the conversion, but this is due to the size of the file and the speed of performance of the computer.

• Reviewed on 13/06/2018
Accounting, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2020

"Soda PDF"

Comments: Compared to microsoft the functionalities is not so good. They are also a bit expensive.

Pros: They have free trials. They have lesser functionality than microsoft pdf so its easy to use for personal purposes.

Cons: They are very user friendly. Functionalities are not very clear. I’ve been used to microsoft pdf so switching to this is not so good.

• Reviewed on 26/03/2020
Gopa A.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2021

"My experience was totally bad"

Comments: Horrible. They took 8 days to reply to my three emails to say that they are more than usually busy. Useless team

Pros: I paid money on 10.05.21 and did not get activated. When I started emailing them, just get an automated email " we are more than busy" That email has been repeated three times.
They are not refunding the money too.

Cons: Useless customer support. Nothing at all

by LULU Software on 25/05/2021

Hello Gopa,
Thank you for sharing your experience with our service and letting us know about the issue with the delay of reply. We will forward your feedback to the corresponding team. Our agent will reply to your email as soon as possible.

Please be informed that we also have Live chats where our highly skilled support agents will be glad to assist you with the activation issue or your cancelation request (it's available Monday-Friday 3 am - 5 pm EST).

To open the Chat, please follow the steps below:

• Reviewed on 19/05/2021
Head of IT
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/03/2018

"A great PDF-editing tool, with many features and easy to use"

Comments: PDF editing tool at a very competitive price

Pros: Soda PDF is a great product in its category, offer all possible pdf-related funtionality, such as splitting, editing, combining and signing pdfs and is reliable and easy to use. it is also constantly upgraded and improved, making it a good choice for private use and also for company use. It has a desktop version but also a mobile application browser-based, making it a great choice for mobile users.

Cons: the integration with the cloud can be seen as a benefit but in certain cases it can also be seen as a limit, when product features exist exclusively in the cloud then this can be an issue.

• Reviewed on 09/03/2018
Gina G.
Graphic Designer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2019

"Do Not Buy! Dishonest advertising"

Comments: Terrible experience.

Pros: Nothing - I could not use it after buying it. And even in trying to do it, I found it very poorly designed software.

Cons: You can't use this on a MAC computer, but theres no mention of this during the purchase and download. And, there is an image on their website that shows a MAC package download! But you download an .exe file. When I called, I was told they don't have a MAC version, and to use it online instead. I couldn't do anything except 'free' options online, but I had already paid for premium. I called again, and at first, they refused to refund me. Only when I pointed out that they are advertising a MAC product that they don't have did they agree to a refund.

by LULU Software on 19/03/2019

We are really sorry about this support case. We are going to review the case and update our policies on how to handle cases like that. It is a bid alarming to hear that nowhere it was mentioned that it is not a Mac version. We will forward it to our Marketing Team. They will have a look at it.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2019
Andrew R.
Director of Business Intelligence
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2019

"PDF Generation / Edition software that is on the low end"

Pros: Was able to quickly and easily combine PDFs into one document, creating and editing bookmarks was fairly simple. Converting a power point to PDF was very quick and flawless.

Cons: Converting word or excel to PDF always seemed to cause a formatting issue, especially if you had a word document that had a table inside of it.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Hjalmar B.
Student
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2017

"First impression was good, seconed unfortunatley not so good."

Comments: Since the end result was not satisfying to me, I didn't really get benifits.
Maybe future upgrades will make it!

Pros: This pdf reader has a lot of useful features and even implemented a cloud environment, pdf text editing and tabs among the most practical tools.

Cons: Unfortunately the software seems not to be of the finest quality in the deeper layers, so the pdf gets often distorted after editing. The cloud environment, in my eyes is only half usable, because for a smartphone or tablet a in-browser reading is just not enough.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2017
Chenxing Z.
Tax Service Technicial
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/07/2019

"Best PDF software that has many functions"

Comments: I combined PDF using SODA PDF, very efficient and fast.

Pros: It provided users a lot of function to use their pdf file efficiently. For example, combine PDF, separate pdf.

Cons: A lot of ads coming out. It will not disappear itself.

• Reviewed on 16/07/2019
Andres R.
Andres R.
Senior Operations Analyst
International Trade & Development, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"Amazing set of PDF tools that includes OCR"

Comments: After scanning all the physical documentation that I had in my office, I managed to transfer it to digital format through the OCR tool that has Soda PDF, which allowed me to have a better management of my documents, since previously I had to review a large amount of files in search of some document. Also, I can edit PDF files according to what I need and sign them digitally.

Pros: I like the fact that you have an OCR tool to recognize the text in the images, so you can then edit that text in PDF. You can convert PDF files to Word, Excel, RTF and other formats. Another advantage of using Soda is that I receive email updates about its new features, which include instructions for use and video tutorials. Also, I can create a custom toolbar, where I include the tools I use most.

Cons: At times, when trying to print files in batches, the software stops responding and I have to open the documents again.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Deborah B.
Deborah B.
Virtual Assistant
Professional Training & Coaching, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2021

"Quality features - Fair Pricing - Watch for VERSION selection while using the software"

Comments: When creating documents for publication there are processors first, then the PDF export (which needs to be changed depending on the Printer's specification). Then, after the proof is seen and edited, there are changes to make. I am grateful we have this software to easily delete pages that need to be updated, and then merge in the page that is corrected. The time saving, and reducing the possibility of additional issues (no need to export the whole document again). My only suggestion is a clearer path to customer data, integration for updates to plans, and clearer communication when software updates or renewals are due.

Pros: It was difficult to find software that has merging and conversion features. When I first tried Soda PDF I had a limited edition free forever plan. Highly helpful to find out if it was going to work for what I needed. Once I learned how easy it was, I purchased the standard software plan. Merging, Converting, Deleting pages (that have been updated and new ones added). I've created two books and two decks of cards for publishing for clients using this tool ''after'' the documents were ready to export to PDF.

Cons: An improvement I would like to see is the update between plans. For example, I purchased the standard plan after using the free forever plan. When I updated I ended up with both versions (and need to keep both), but, sometimes I'm in the middle of working on something and I get an error saying "Your plan does not include this feature, Update now ..." and the automation tries to sell me a plan I already own (but have not remembered a couple of times thought my plan had expired). It would be helpful if the VERSION of the plan is integrated for each customer using the software. CON: There does not seem to be a customer dashboard where I could see what products I have purchased and when they are due to renew. The problem with this is now I'm back on the free forever version, my standard service expired, but I didn't realize it until I was in the midst of working on a document.

by LULU Software on 18/08/2021

Hello Deborah,
Thank you for sharing that you like how our program performs and find it cost-effective. We also appreciate your feedback regarding our upgrade system, we have forwarded it to the corresponding department.
You can check your license details by clicking on your name in the right upper corner. Then choose Manage Products.
If you need any assistance with your license, please contact our support at [email protected] and we will surely help you.

• Reviewed on 13/08/2021
John G.
Principal Engineer
Civil Engineering, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2020

"Poor support and confusing re-purchase procedure."

Comments: Great program but suddenly stops. The customer support and activation process is pathetic. Will probably look for another pdf program as my time is too valuable to waste on a product which is too clumsy to be involved with.

Pros: All round a very good program and easy to use.

Cons: Previous copy suddenly stopped working 5 months after installation. Assumed perhaps expiry date may have been reached so bought a new copy. Activation code not sent for newly purchased copy. Support response just heaps of pro-forma pre written garbage messages from auto responder.

by LULU Software on 27/05/2020

Thank you very much for your review. I am sorry to hear about your bad customer service experience. I can see that your problem has been resolved in the meantime, but rest assured, that this review will help us to improve our customer service. This is very important to us.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2020
Peter O.
CIO
Financial Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/09/2020

"Mixed Feelings"

Comments: mixed

Pros: Work well when its not kicking you out the the free version

Cons: Product disconnects regularly and requires you to re log in . This is EXTREMELY annoying and interrupts your working day.

by LULU Software on 16/09/2020

Thanks for your Review of Soda PDF. I will make sure your comments will be forwarded to our Development Team. This will help us to improve our software. Thanks again.

• Reviewed on 03/09/2020
Dee L.
Asst to President
Warehousing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/11/2020

"Messed up"

Pros: All the previous versions were awesome. Great features

Cons: Version 12 is horrible, total redone not working friendly. After scanning a page and attaching it to an email, i open to review and i get an error message that reads "The system cannot find the file specified" I never had that issue before. I've tried contacting service and i never heard back from anyone

by LULU Software on 26/12/2020

Thank you for taking your time to leave us a feedback. I am very sorry to hear you did not get any assistance on your issue. We would be grateful if you can give us a second chance and contact us via [email protected] Please let us know what mail do you use when you get that error message and also if that possible please send us a screenshot of the error message

• Reviewed on 24/11/2020
Ken E.
Database Developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2017

"FREE functionality is very good!"

Comments: It gave me the capability to transmit PDF files that are password protected.
Also, it provided a PDF print device.

Pros: I needed software to allow me to protect PDF files to prevent opening by an unintended party. I was able to add just the security module .
It is also a plus that it includes a PDF print device, especially since I am still using Windows 7.

Cons: Actually there are a few things.
1) It does not remember the directory used for new output files.
2) Highlighting is not included with the FREE functionality. It is with Acrobat Reader.
3) The first time output is directed to the PDF printer, the software is very slow to load.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2017
Verónica M.
Verónica M.
Attorney
Law Practice, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/09/2019

"It offers many features"

Comments: It is a very important software for my work, since I can correct the mistakes I have made and manipulate all the PDF documents as I wish. I really like the large number of functionalities offered with this software, SODA PDF replaces many other small softwares that offer only one or two of its functionalities.

Pros: It offers an executable software and a very good web interface to handle PDF files. It is a very reliable solution that also allows you to convert to a wide range of file types, edit the content of PDF documents, add digital signatures, add security to documents and even recognize text thanks to its integrated OCR functionality.

Cons: I have no negative points to highlight from this software. I believe that the editing of the text in PDF could be improved, since the edition of the font is not always compatible, so the changes made in the document are noted.

• Reviewed on 29/09/2019