ConnectWise Control Reviews

• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.4 /5

About ConnectWise Control

ConnectWise Control provides the ability to view and control devices from anywhere there is an Internet connection.

Learn more about ConnectWise Control

Showing 1,728 reviews

Elias P.
Centralized Services Administrator
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2021

"Good Product, Disappointing Support"

Comments: Overall, we have been happy with the product. It typically works as expected without issue. The biggest problem with the software is the subpar vendor support. The mobile app is also lacking compared to it's competitors. The app simply opens the web page interface.

Pros: ConnectWise Control simply works as expected. There are very few issues with remote control access. The tools included with the software typically work without issue. Installation is quick and easy.

Cons: Product support is disappointing. On the few occasions that I have needed to reach out to support, I ultimately figured out how to correct the problem myself. Fortunately, I have not needed to contact support often.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2021
Paul K.
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2021

"Connectwise - Screenconnect"

Comments: I do not have to go to each machine and see it is on and all needed apps running. I have some workstations where RDP will kill a certain app's connection to the server. I had used Manage Engine but only the free (25 endpoints) version as it it tiered in a way that it is very expensive.

Pros: This gives me total control of my workstations and servers. I don't have to rely on RDP with it's limitations and insecurities. I also don't have to use VPN to remotely address users' issues at any time or from any computer, tablet or phone. This installed and deployed easily along with the ability for me to email someone a code to connect if they don't have app.

Cons: If there was one thing I had to critique, it would be that sometimes the app fails to register. Not sure if the service stalls but usually, I just RDP in and restart service or restart computer. This is rare, though.

• Reviewed on 26/01/2021
Craig L.
DevOps Engineer
Pharmaceuticals, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2021

"ScreenConnect Make Support Easy"

Comments: We had a massive problem where we had been on an unstable version without realising. Support where very helpful and helped correct the problem with little fuss and even arrange a refund for the problem. What amazing support. The big thing we learned was not to use the unstable branch in production and that for more than 4 years the unstable had never caused us issue. We are now stable only due to our size and this is one of our most used applications in our tool kit for remote user support and server access.

Pros: The best features are totally the remote support and ad-hoc session access that can be shared with multiple agents. I addition we lean heavily on the lightweight client for permanent access to servers over RDS.
Also ingrates well with Azure AD.

Cons: The worst part, which is minor is the amount of customisation and branding.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2021
Senad H.
Founder / CEO
  • Reviewed on 30/08/2020

"Better than TeamViewer"

Comments: We manage large number of clients, some of them with unattended access and others without installing the client (on demand). After trial we have strong prositive impression with the functionalities and usability of the software. There was small fear of switching from a different product but the transition went smooth. We find some new functionality that we can use every week :)

Pros: Transition was easy both from our and the client side. Non of our clients had any experience with ConnectWise control but all were happy with the product and the service.
Connecting to the clients are easy, but what we liked the most is the extensive information about the client that is obtained by the ConnectWise Control (connection history, notes, run commands, view and kill processes). This is highly recommended software for any IT service company.

Cons: So far (few months) we didn't have or find any problems with the ConnectWise control. Hope it will stay that way :)

• Reviewed on 30/08/2020
David R.
Oil & Energy, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"Overwhelmingly simple yet effective"

Comments: Overall this is one of the best remote control software products I've ever used. Overall it's very smooth to operate, on low speed or high latency connections, it will still work, but has (obvious) delays. Despite this, it's still possible to get the work done, there are just delays that make it appear as though you aren't doing anything since you're waiting for the next screen to render. This is especially bad during UAC prompts. I have been using this product for many years now and have rarely run into issues with it. For the price point though, this is the best product on the market and scales based on your needs.

Pros: - Ease of use
- Quick setup (cloud version)
- Minimal training required
- Easy customization
- Solid connectivity
- Requires no end user training

Cons: - Speed of connection varies greatly when using the cloud vs on-prem
- Must have a decent internet connection to use efficiently
- UAC prompts will cause the connection to slow down to a crawl even on good internet (not sure if a connectwise issue or a windows issue)

Jared M.
NOC Manager
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"#1 in Unattended Remote Access"

Comments: I've used many remote access tools in my few years as an IT professional. None have come close to the quality, speed, and reliability of ConnectWise Control.
If you've read any of my other reviews of ConnectWise products you'll find a common theme, we started using the product shortly before the acquisition. In the ScreenConnect days the tool was just as good and it was impressive to see how smoothly this tool was brought into the fold.
ConnectWise Control will never leave my mind as the pinnacle of remote access tools.

Pros: The service/local application. Its so fast to reconnect after disconnection. It is so reliable in staying up even when the machine is under great stress otherwise. This is just a solid piece of software that does exactly what it needs to and then some.
The added features are all cohesive and add to the experience of remotely assisting our customers.
This tool filled a VERY much needed gap in the ConnectWise suite of tools and really made for a holy trinity for technicians day to day ease of use in working tickets in Manage, running commands and maintenance out of Automate, and immediately helping clients with Control.

Cons: Managing the server yourself had the usual annoyances of having to do so, but also the positives. I believe they will host you now as well. Honestly there is very little poor to say about this product!

• Reviewed on 29/10/2019
Bryan M.
IT Support Specialist
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2019

"ConnectWise Control Opinions"

Comments: Works great in our environment and has enable us to connect to any of our users wherever they may be. Its easy for the clients to use and connect especially if 24/7 access is setup. Would like to see the Host Pass time increased to an option of 48 hours. Many times work must be done over the weekend, this would then enable us to issue a pass for the entire weekend and be done with it!

Pros: Ease of use for myself and clients; two factor authentication . Love the Toolbox feature as it places often used apps, files, etc. at my fingertips. Being able to install consistent access to or clients is a big plus as we can see all of our devices listed with connection being just a click away. The option to pass credentials to the client is a great option to have too.

Cons: Not much, just the limitation of 24 hours on a Host Pass as this does not get us through a project over a weekends time frame.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2019
Chris D.
It manager
Computer Networking, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Great remote software with good feature set."

Comments: I switched over from fixme.it as I needed a remote support app with a phone app as I use tablet and phones in the field and I'm.not always near a computer. Support has been great over chat as needed and most downtime is noted well ahead of time.

Pros: Ease of setup and configuration.
Personal landing page for remote clients.
Quickly see online status, system specifications and ram usage
Easily issue commands to system and transfer files.

Cons: Upgrading and sometimes new clients have issues associating with account. Once in awhilenanfew workstations refuse to update and manually installing fails. Price is on the high side compared to some offerings. Screenshot is nice but really too small to be of ant use

Anthony B.
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2019

"Fantastic product - always improving"

Comments: Fantastic. Overall it's features, pricing and security is unbeatable in the industry.

Pros: We've hosted our on Control server and it is super easy to install and maintain.
Using the software to provide remote support has never failed because they provide multiple methods for creating connections for all operating systems.
The web interface provides basic information about the connected computer but you can download and install plugins to gather information about processes, services, events and software.
The screen snapshot is large enough to see if the computer is in use and small enough so you can't read what's on the screen.
Through the web interface you can customize a number of things like icons, labels and branding.
Through the server config files you can customize a number of other settings.
You can create temporary sessions just for one-time remote support or install the program for on-demand remote access.
On-demand remote access can be organized in session groups for easier management and security
Users can be created and assigned to specific session groups.
Access and commands can be audited.
While a session is connected a time line is kept to help troubleshoot connectivity issues.

Cons: The price to purchase screen connect was reasonable for a small business. When it was purchased by Connectwise the price to purchase it out right was quadruple the original price. If you have 100 plus machines to support then divided across the 100 machines is still cheaper than a comparable product. But if you only use it for temporary sessions it is hard to justify. However, Control is bundled with Connectwise Automate so you get Control for nearly nothing when subscribing to Automate.

Steve M.
Managing Director
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

"Customer focussed support"

Comments: I have used most remote support platforms over the years, and overall I find ConnectWise Control to be a solid performer, with backup support that is timely, friendly and professional. There are numerous other features which I have not mentioned here. My advise - give it a try!!

Pros: ConnectWise Control is a fully featured remote support platform that does exactly what it says it will do "Remote Support That Just Works". Being cloud based, it allows support sessions to be started from anywhere that an internet connection exists. I predominantly use Apple platforms, and I find the desktop and mobile applications work seamlessly when supporting Windows clients. I particularly like the Support and Access features, the former being most suited to temporary support sessions, and the latter for effortless connection to clients on an ongoing as required basis. Access also allows client machine connections to be saved with Machine or user defined Specific value for machine name and additionally Organisation name, which simplifies the process of selecting the machine with the ability to save . A nifty feature built into Support allows for push installation of the Access agent, in the background, where ongoing support is deemed necessary. A handy Build Installer provides all possible machine connection build options. Visual indicators show when Host and Client machines are connected to ConnectWise Control, which takes the guesswork out of knowing when your clients are online and have connected successfully. Help and support features built right into the portal save time. Another nifty feature is a visual record of clients running older versions of the support agent, complete with the ability to push the updated client out to affected machines.

Cons: A software agent needs to be installed on machines before support sessions can be established, and while the process is straight-forward, the need for users to click on the installer after it has downloaded is missed by some users. I also find that when switching between my local desktop and the remote desktop, at times the remote machine responses are not as expected. I simply press the command key (Mac) while highlighting the remote machine and this usually overcomes the issue, or disconnect and reconnect the session.

Peter S.
Accountant, Tax Preparer, IT consultant
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2017

"Went from good to AWESOME when we ditched our old remote software for ScreenConnect!"

Comments: Inexpensive, full featured remote desktop software that is super easy to administrate and use. IT professionals would be hard pressed to find something this good for this price. And companies that need remote access for their employees need look no further.

Pros: We moved from a company that charged 25% for a lot less of what we need. While the old login software was limited to 10 computer for more than we currently pay, we can now remote into 100 computers with unlimited logins. We only needed 25 remote computers but since it is so cheap for the 100 computers we went with that and have started offering this service to our clients so that we can log in to their computers and get the financial data directly from their computers rather than having to have them do it for us (which can take both their time and ours and can be frustrating waiting for the data we need fast). It is MUCH easier to install the software to set up a new computer as all you have to do is name a new computer and download the installer and click on the executable file on the computer you want access to and you are done. 5 minutes to install have up and running. Then you simply have a web portal to access of your computers and you are just two clicks away from the computers you need to access from anywhere in the world.

Cons: There are times when I wish there was a downloadable application to install on computers you will be using frequently to access your remote sessions. But the web login is fine and keeps you logged in for quite some time so having a program installed on your computer is not as much of a necessity. I also don't like that it has an always on preview of the desktop from your web portal. I like that you can see if someone is active on the remote computer you are wanting access to but I think there are some privacy issues that if our clients knew we could "peek" at their desktop without logging in, they might not be so ready to give us access to them.

by ConnectWise on 13/11/2017

Hi Peter, thank you for your helpful feedback on ConnectWise Control! We value your partnership with us and are delighted to hear how well Control works for you and your company. A couple things I wanted to mention for you to know: we value your feedback on having the ability to launch Control on your desktop, and we are actually working on having that functionality for Control partners in the near future! I also wanted to mention that you actually have the ability to turn off the preview mode! Here's the documentation with further detail: https://docs.connectwise.com/ConnectWise_Control_Documentation/Get_started/Knowledge_base/Restrict_or_remove_the_screenshot_preview

• Reviewed on 07/11/2017
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2018

"The Unfortunate Software Cycle Victim"

Comments: Overall, Connectwise Control has been and is a great software and has allowed me to remotely support clients with a smooth connection and not overly complicated connection process. Unfortunately, I believe being owned by Connectwise was and is the biggest weakness and downfall of the Control (formerly Screenconnect) software. Don't get me wrong, it is still a very usefull and functional software, however, it is very clear that the software lack development because the interface is not the intended interface that Connectwise would like you to use, they want everyone to use Manage, which I completely dislike. I am running the Stand alone version I do not beleive they offer anymore, I am thankfully grandfathered in which isthe best legacy benefit of Screenconnect. I cannot say I have found a better option, however, the software as sold now is all in the cloud and I do not think the benefits are the same as my experience.

Pros: I love the performance and quality of software customization allowed. I am able to tweak the software to wording, colors, and images allowing me to make the software more of my own. I like that there are multiple ways to connect to client computers from password, link, and unattended access to name a few options.

Cons: They were formerly ScreenConnect until they were bought out by Connectwise who after my most recent experience are a virus to software. Most of the contribution since the buyout is purely visual and makes it work better with other Connectwise software, effectively crippling any chance Control had of integrating with any other software or advancing features such as the chat window and info windows because they expect you to integrate with other Connectwise software.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2018
Ricky F.
IT Director
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Great Choice for our needs"

Comments: With ConnectWise control, our support teams are able to quickly determine if a system or location (with multiple systems) are offline since the client app maintains a connection to the Control Panel. Also, the settings can be configured to allow systems to be assigned to HelpDesk team members without exposing all of the systems and remote access can be configured to require end user consent before connecting.

Pros: The ConnectWise Control software allows our internal IT support to easily manage in house systems and Servers without requiring end user input. Our HelpDesk team uses ConnectWise Manage for our customers' systems and Control is a part of that software as well.

Cons: We have yet to find an issue or complaint with using this software. Initially, we had to manually update the clients when new versions came out but now that the updates are automatic the software functions to our complete satisfaction.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Zane C.
Senior Integrated Production Specialist
Computer Hardware, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/10/2019

"ConnectWise Control helps us support our global customers"

Comments: ConnectWise Control has allowed us to deliver a custom-branded remote support solution.

Pros: I really like the fact that we can own an on-premise license and not be tied to a contract. It also does not leave any client software installed.

Cons: Purchasing additional licenses is harder than it should be, I've reached out to them several times and no one has called me back,

• Reviewed on 10/10/2019
Ron V.
Technical Consultant
  • Reviewed on 09/01/2020

"One of the best remote tools I've ever used !"

Comments: The company I work for is supporting over 300 customers and when I came to work here, all remote connections were manually made. Ofcourse not so efficient.
So I started to implement Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager, where I could create a lot of our remote connections but unfortunately not all.
Especially the remote connections which need a VPN connection before using RDP to remotely connect to the server. It is possible in RDM (jump to a virtual machine on the network, start the VPN connection there and then RDP into the server), which is time consuming (over 2 minutes per session).
Therefor I was looking for a quicker solution, but still with the security a VPN connection has to offer.
And then I found ConnectWise Control, which does all that.
Once I tried the trial version and extended it (with help of the CW support team), I was sure this was the solution I was looking for.
Now it only takes me 15 seconds to remotely connect to remote server.
And not only me, but thanks to the integration in RDM my fellow colleagues can use the same configured session and start the remote connections.

Pros: The ease of set up, price, LDAP intergration, RDM (Devolutions Remote Desktop Manager) integration, email notifications

Cons: The set up of email notifications can be a little difficult to master. Once mastered, it's quite simple.

• Reviewed on 09/01/2020
Eric B.
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Best Remote Control Management Software"

Comments: We used TeamViewer for several years before a colleague recommended ConnectWise Control. I would never go back to TeamViewer - ConnectWise Control has saved us a lot of time and effort.

Pros: Works with any browser, doesn't use a lot of resources, allows us to provide full service remote management to our customers, easy to install on many computers, and is economical.

Cons: The default color theme is red, which is annoying to me. That's the worst thing I can say about the software.

James S.
Sysadmin
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"Best remote access platform on the market"

Comments: I've used every major remote access software on the market (TeamViewer, LogMeIn, Bomgar), and this is by far the best I've used. Its quick, minimalist, snappy, and easy to use. At first I used it to access remote clients, but now I use it for all of my clients. I've never had to use customer support because I've never had any issues with the software. I've used it for around 4 years now between different jobs. I recommend it to anyone looking for a remote access software.

Pros: It is very quick, responsive, and light.

Cons: My only true gripe about this software is the steep price of the on-prem version. I would have really liked to go on-prem because most of my clients are on-prem as well.

Ronnie A.
IT Specialist
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/06/2019

"Simplicity vs Technical Configuration"

Comments: I solve problems quickly, and on the spot, because I can be anywhere with internet, and get a job done or at least examined with the remote capabilities and functions. Over all I will buy again, because it is a great value. But like I said, configuration needs an overhaul for QUICK, and I mean QUICK, configurations.

Pros: The ease at which to create client installs, updates, and easy grouping. Smooth connections 80% of the time.

Cons: Configuring things like custom icons, auto updates for clients, and other configurations in this area, are crude, more from a programmers stand point. This needs to be HIGHLY polished up, and made quick and easy. Because IT guys don't have time to always call and chat with support, so you have to look the things up I mentioned, via online information or chatting with your tech agents. The tech agents are quick to respond, but it's something that shouldn't be necessary for CUSTOM configuration. Even configuring sub-techs under me, and their permissions, and what group they can be in, etc., it should be DRAG and DROP, not looking at the steps in online tech docs. But as far as the remote operations with a client, outstanding! Other than 20% of the time they do have occasional LOCKS, where you have to abort the connection, and re-connect. This isn't local, because I tech remote from every location known to man......lol

System Engineer
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/07/2019

"One of the greatest tools for sysadmins"

Comments: Great ease of use, rich with very useful features (for example Remote Toolbox)

Pros: -Multi-platform support
- Web based administration panel
- Not-so-easy to disable by client

Cons: - Licencing plans
- Difference in appearance and performance on non-Windows platforms
- Poor performance of Meeting app

• Reviewed on 31/07/2019
Gary C.
IT Contractor
  • Reviewed on 03/02/2021

"Control Review - Feb 2021"

Comments: Not bad, but not great either. There are MANY other competitive offerings compared to yours. Keep this in mind and continue to add MORE features like integrated patching and monitoring, without forcing customers between using ScreenConnect and having to move over to Automate. There needs to be more options in between. Cost is on a annual/monthly basis, so service must be a TOP PRIORITY.

Pros: Widely accepted and used by a large base of IT Support

Cons: Yes, integration and support, also need for beginner setup and training via video training portal.
Found it unintuitive to integrate for the upfront cost.

• Reviewed on 03/02/2021
Steven M.
Managing director

"Excellent software"

Pros: The software gets better with each upgrade. Love using the product to assist our clients.

Cons: It would be excellent if it notified you when a user wants to initiate chat.

Special Projects
Utilities, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/11/2018

"Remote control your servers"

Comments: When we went to demo the product, we had difficulty with the sign up process, but after reaching out to support, they got it sorted out in a business day. We are using ConnectWise Control for remote unattended access (more or less daily) to various machines that we have scattered around the province in vehicles. This solution has been far more reliable in actually staying connected and reliability reconnected when disconnected, compared to our previous solution using TeamViewer and is by far less expensive for the only unattended access feature that we use.

Pros: The solution for accessing unattended hosts (they call them Access Agents, or similar) works very well on every OS that I have tried (Windows 7, Windows 10, Debian, and Ubuntu). The unattended hosts stay connected very well even over the terribly unreliable cellular network connections that most of our hosts are on.
The client software (for accessing the remote hosts) works very well on Windows and is super slick. The client software for Linux, does work (Java JNLP) but is very clunky compared to the Windows client.

Cons: The clunkiness of the Linux client.
The rather poor support for any sort of large motion (and video in particular) on the unattended hosts, at least with the Linux (JNLP) client, I do not really use the Windows client much. This is compared to my experience with video using TeamViewer 8 (when you can get the Teamviewer Client to work on Linux anyway)

• Reviewed on 16/11/2018
Andrew R.
Support Center Engineer
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2020

"Solid, easy to use remote control."

Comments: I love it, its great. I use it every day. It's features and ease of use make my job much easier and seamless for the end users that I am trying to assist.

Pros: - It is extremely easy to use.
-Multiple ways to connect... You can connect to a remote user over the web by having them navigate to a website and then enter your code. You can send the an email link or you can pre-install the screen connect client on their PC and choose their PC when ready to connect.
- It is s very smooth user experience
- Built in remote Chat feature
- Wake lock feature, when enabled it keeps the system from going to sleep while you are connected.
- Automatic reconnect after rebooting.
- My favorite option the the "view"option that lets you send a text to a users camera enabled smart phone and connect to your session. It allows them to show you with their camera phone what is going on with their PC, Very useful for troubleshooting physical issues or cable connections.

Cons: Sometimes the web client will not download in Internet explorer. Not may users are still using that though so not a huge issue, have had no other issues in other browsers.

• Reviewed on 25/08/2020
Joshua H.
Lead Systems Administrator
Media Production, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2021

"Overall a wonderful remote access solution for employees."

Comments: This provides what seems to be a very sturdy, secure remote access experience.

Pros: I can quickly audit events to find out who/what/where/when of remote access. I can view a timeline of device status/connectivity. The user experience is excellent. It allows copying and pasting into the session, file transfer, printer sharing, and multiple screens. You should get a demo. **even though my "con" section is long, they are by far less trouble than what the product does deliver on.**

Cons: I use the command line and PowerShell for some administrative tasks, but I don't install it on all machines so I rely on other management methods. It could use some more network monitoring functionality, if that is an intended feature of the product, but I think that is what ConnectWise Manage is for. The interface to configure some of the advanced features could use an overhaul because the buttons/controls do not draw on the screen very well. I wish changes to what functionality the users are allowed didn't reboot the instance of Control because it boots everyone off.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2021
Yakov H.
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"I love this product"

Comments: Overall, without this product, I would probably have to build my own support system - using this is more better.

Pros: Simply works, gives us full control and allows us to connect and support any of our 400+ clients. Allows us to pre-install the software so that as soon as the client connects, we can connect to the pc - otherwise it is easy for us to walk the client through installing our support software. Integrated copy/Paste to transfer files, can see if the client is offline and for how long...

Cons: Lacking the ability to sort by clients that are offline the lonest, if a client loses connection for a while and then reconnects, there is no easy way at the client to tell it to try to reconnect - in addition if the server went offline and then reconnects, the server does not try to connect to the client at the last known IP (which in my case would usually connect immediately) and instead, it can sometimes take a few minutes for the client to come back online - sometimes those few minutes may be critical...

• Reviewed on 14/10/2018