About monday.com

monday.com is a cloud Work OS, where teams run their projects and everyday work, whether they are in the office, home or on-the-go.

Learn more about monday.com

Pros:

I do like how its helps with organization and timelines...alot have to do list but this one integrates deadlines into the display in a way you can visually see it right away.

Cons:

The layout is confusing and hard to follow the chain of events in each task.

monday.com ratings

4.5
4.5
4.4
4.3

8.4/10

monday.com has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 3,458 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used monday.com before?

Filter reviews (3,458)

Amanda
Amanda
Owner, Social Media Strategist & Idea Generator in US
Online Media, Self Employed

Monday.com will elevate your entire business!

5.0 last month New

Comments: I highly recommend utilizing Monday.com to my clients, the customer service is out of this world and super informative and often include screen recordings to ensure you are clear on how to do whatever you may be questioning. I love the visual features to be able to operate your workspace in an effective way.

Pros:

I love the team and collaborative workspace it allows for so that you can truly work remotely as an operational and efficient team.

Cons:

I think it can be a little expensive to utilize from a start-up perspective and could be priced more fairly to smaller businesses.

Alternatives Considered: ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com: The type of clients I was working with it made more sense to utilize the features that this platform offers in one place for most efficient time spent.

Switched From: Trello, ClickUp and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com: The capabilities of integration and workflow just overpowered what the other platforms offer

Becky
Becky
Software Developer in US
Hospital & Health Care, 51-200 Employees

Excellent tool to organize our projects

5.0 last month New

Comments: As a member of a large team working on numerous projects at once, I like how simple it is to keep track of everything I'm doing, as well as to provide status updates and add comments. It's more convenient than searching through old chat logs or email threads.

Pros:

The freedom to construct everything you can imagine. This solution provides a customer relationship manager, inventory management, and scheduling capabilities. To have the means to make such things is great. In addition, each Monday provides yet another chance to study their new features. Classes, seminars, and a university all fall under the category of webinars. This is fantastic!

Cons:

Having more space for uploading and sharing really large files would make Monday ideal, as I find it inconvenient to send enormous files to others via drive or transfer.

CEO in Togo
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees

A great software to increase the performance of your community

3.0 last month New

Comments: Monday.com has allowed me to have a great collaboration with my clients

Pros:

Monday.com is an interesting tool that allows to gather a whole community around one or more plans and it also allows a good management of the time flow.

Cons:

For the moment I haven't noticed any negative aspect about this software

Yashovardhan
Researcher in India
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Helpful Platform for Business Management

Comments: So far, my experience with monday.com has been positive. It is a very user-friendly platform that has made managing projects much easier for me. I love being able to see all of our tasks in one place and the fact that I can easily communicate with team members via the chat function. The only negative point I would make is that the platform can be a bit pricey for larger teams.

Pros:

I liked the flexibility of monday.com and the ease of use. I also liked the ability to customize the interface to my needs. The ability to customize the workspace to fit my team's needs was really helpful. Being able to drag and drop items around to create a visual representation of our work helped us keep track of everything we needed to do.

Cons:

I wasn't a fan of the design and found it to be very cluttered and confusing. Also, the pricing is a bit high compared to other options.

Alternatives Considered: Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com: Monday is more user friendly

Switched From: Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com: Since Monday.com is more user-friendly than asana

Marianela
Marianela
Water Treatment and Environmental Management Consultant in Panama
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees

Plan, schedule and run Multiple Tasks in One Flow with Monday.com.

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It is a very complete platform, which allows team members to interact collaboratively from multiple devices, automates project execution flows, and parameterizes actions so that they do not require human treatment, all of this increases productivity and favors the follow-up of projects in one extraordinary way.

Pros:

One of the most used functionalities in Monday.com is precisely the ability to manage and parameterize the email notifications that we and our coworkers receive daily, by implementing actions that must occur so that we can indicate who we want to notify.In addition, within the platform, we have the possibility to limit access to the boards, identify columns that will not be visible to everyone, or restrict editing, in addition to being able to combine these permissions based on the functions and role of each member of our team.

Cons:

Monday.com has become a platform for project management in cascade or under agile methodologies preferred in many organizations, partly due to its ability to adapt to the particular needs of each company and the number of integrations with third parties, but also from this, new products from the manufacturer are constantly being released, so we must be vigilant to take advantage of their maximum capacity and grow within the organization with the new features that constantly appear.

Mariano
Mariano
Managing Partner in Chile
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

A real WokOS

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It's easy to setup and add people external from the organization. It has become the first app we open after email.

Pros:

Its very flexible and allows us to have task management, project follow up, workflows, forms, inventory and embed dashboards so we have one app where works happens.Its even our CRM.

Cons:

Needs more integration with the Microsoft world and an easier way to create tasks from the outside world (email, WhatsApp).

Alternatives Considered: Airtable, Microsoft Lists, ClickUp and Notion

Reasons for Choosing monday.com: We needed more than tasks and project management. Also, we have to include our clients in our work.

Switched From: ClickUp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com: Ease of use, availability of integrations and flexibility (all in one).

Laura
Laura
Human Resources Generalist in US
Hospital & Health Care, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Monday.com synchronizes teamwork for better results

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: One of the primary reasons we use Monday.com is to help us organize our project workflow. Because of Monday.com's project management features, our team has been able to more effectively coordinate the activities of its members and achieve greater results.

Pros:

With Monday.com, I can view my projects in a variety of ways to suit my needs. In the Monday.com platform for managing projects, I find that the Kanban and Calendar views, as well as the Gantt chart, are among my favorites.

Cons:

Monday.com's premium plans provide access to the platform's superior task management tools. In the beginning of my time with this platform, this severely restricted my ability to automate and integrate.

Guy
Social Media Marketing Expert in Belgium
Marketing & Advertising, Self Employed

I highly recommend Monday.com for result driven projects.

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall Monday.Com is a good performance tool that help you getting structured to work on result driven projects.

Pros:

Monday.com is a complete and easy to use program that helps to work result driven on projects with mid to large scaled teams. It has many easy to use features to work structured.

Cons:

For some Social Media related tasks other tools are better. This for instance to plan out some posts on different social platforms.

Sanjay
Sanjay
Founding team - GTM in India

a simple tool to track progress

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: it has been a great experience using monday.com, we start our day with it to see the pending tasks and work towards prioritizing the important tasks.

Pros:

The ease of use to set up a project and to track it by making sub-groups makes it easier for us to keep track of everything that is going on. The multiple views available makes it a way to visualize to our needs. The status column makes us more serious to complete the tasks, and have them green to see our progress.

Cons:

The features are great, and helps us track everything. User interface could have been a little simpler than it is at the moment.

Zakariya
Zakariya
Software Team Leader in Yemen

How a Software Team Lead finds Monday

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Monday software has helped a lot in managing different software development project in a professional matter. It brought me back the feeling of being in control of every aspect going around me as a Software Team Lead.

Pros:

The simplicity, efficiency, and the gorgeous UI/UX features are the ones I love the most about monday.

Cons:

An integrated chat for broadcasting messages to all projects team members.

Alternatives Considered: Jira, Zoho Projects and GitScrum

Reasons for Choosing monday.com: The terrible UI/UX experience as well as the difficulty of use.

Switched From: GitScrum

Reasons for Switching to monday.com: For the simplicity, efficiency, and the gorgeous UI/UX features it provides.

Greg
President in US

The best tool on the market for Team Project Management

Comments: It's been excellent. Communication with the company has been minimal because we haven't had any issues, but when we have had a question, we've received a prompt response. The software itself was incredibly easy to implement. We had two training sessions for our team and other than an occasional check-in to discuss best practices, our team has been able to use the software without issue. It has helped our office immensely.

Pros:

The visual layout and ability for all of our team to very quickly setup tasks, monitor progress, and collaborate has been the best feature of Monday.com. It's drastically different from other project management solutions on the market, but with our team of younger millennials, the visual "gamified" approach to task management (turning things green to mark them complete) has actually increased productivity and even morale. We couldn't be more pleased.

Cons:

File sharing and downloading is the slightest bit clunky... we often find ourselves still sharing files via Slack or Dropbox instead of in Monday, but other than that, it's been really great and that's a minor complaint.

Jeremy
Digital Marketing Director in US

Great platform! 13/10 would recommend!

Comments: We utilize this on a daily basis and it serves its purpose perfectly. Our team leaders and project managers rely upon monday.com software to ensure we complete work for our clients in a timely and organized manner.

Pros:

This software was very easy to set up for the team and manage on a daily level. It serves its purpose for us and we rarely ever have issues at all levels.

Cons:

Some of the automation requires other paid integrations, it would be cool to one day have that automation built in for a higher cost of the service.

Alternatives Considered: Salesforce Sales Cloud

Reasons for Choosing monday.com: Very old software needed an upgrade

Switched From: Basecamp

Reasons for Switching to monday.com: We didn't need something like Salesforce for our daily project management.

Mike
Mike
Online marketing consultant in Netherlands

Monday.com is one of the better ways to keep track of your work tasks!

Comments: I really like how Monday.com makes it easy to see what everyone is working on and what tasks are upcoming. It's also been really helpful for me to be able to track my own progress on tasks. Overall, I'm really happy with Monday.com!

Pros:

I've found that Monday.com is an excellent tool for keeping track of both my own work and the work of my team. It's easy to use and provides a great deal of visibility into what everyone is working on. This has been extremely helpful in coordinating our efforts and ensuring that everyone is on track. I would highly recommend Monday.com to anyone looking for a project management solution.

Cons:

The only thing I didn't like about Monday.com was that it wasn't always easy to figure out how to do specific tasks. For example, there were a few times when I wasn't sure how to add a comment or edit a task. However, the support team was always quick to help and they made it easy to learn how to use the software.

Alternatives Considered: Jira, Trello and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com: There are a few reasons why I chose Monday.com over Asana, Trello, or Jira. First, Monday.com is extremely easy to use. The interface is clean and straightforward, and it's easy to figure out how to do everything. Second, Monday.com provides a great deal of visibility into what everyone is working on. This has been extremely helpful in coordinating our efforts and ensuring that everyone is on track. Finally, the support team is excellent. They are quick to respond to questions and they make it easy to learn how to use the software.

José Miguel
Owner in Chile
Consumer Goods, 2-10 Employees

A fresh air for project management tools

Comments: A happy comeback for me. With an affordable pricing list, you can get the best essential features to run your business or organization, work in teams or go for a solo adventure. Monday makes easy the creation of flows, at least for me; this was a great addition and works great with the most used tools out there.

Pros:

I always believe one of the usual problems you can find in project management suites is their cloned user interface. They think we all need to stay classic to understand how to use one of these tools. Monday breaks that door and launches with a fresh and new type of user interface and experience. You can find the same classic tools, but all with a new look and a new way to create flows in the same app without using external apps (for important actions).

Cons:

I have to say I'm a comebacker to this tool. When Monday launched, I was there testing what they could offer, and I was very pleased with the UI and the easy way of using the tool's features. My problem was their pricing table for starters. So, after many months, I returned and checked (after being bombarded by advertising on a social network) if something was different from the beginning. It was a pleasant surprise they were still developing and changed some of the pricing tables.

Alternatives Considered: Wrike and Asana

Reasons for Choosing monday.com: I was looking for a more integrated solution. In general, that type of solution has a high learning curve; in the case of Monday, you can learn how to do things just by exploring, and if you have experience with tools like Zapier of Ifttt, creating some flows and increasing the tool functionality is easy.

Switched From: Trello and Asana

Reasons for Switching to monday.com: Similar price but a better UI.

Harel
Senior full stack developer in Israel
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 11-50 Employees

Monday - project management aims to simplify

Comments: As for interacting with the project and its tasks - it's very easy. Set status, assignee, dates, add items , etc. Notifications are great tool to stay on top of things , and my tasks screen is a life saver - you can see all your tasks without scrolling through long items in a project.

Pros:

The UI is built with simplicity in mind. That means that almost every action is made to be easy and without to jump around many screens. Also, templating projects on Monday is one of the best features that we use to spin up new projects. Notifications are a great tool and you can have desktop notifications instead of mails to reduce clutter in your inbox.

Cons:

Somehow the simple UI is not very intuitive for me. The rows display of items seems a bit off as opposed to the boards display. That also makes the screen seem full of tasks that usually irrelevant for some users.

Alternatives Considered: Jira and Hubstaff Tasks

Reasons for Choosing monday.com: Azure DevOps is a great tool, though too complicated for our non technical members in the project.

Switched From: Azure DevOps Services

Reasons for Switching to monday.com: Our teams loved the user interface. Also we got recommended from some of our customers who use it.

Director in UK

Great functionality in the Free version and worth paying for if you need a bit extra

Comments: Really great, it's been a big help for us in onboarding a new team member and making sure we all know what we are meant to be doing.

Pros:

The fact that it's so funcational when it's free and easy to see what you get for your money if you do pay for extras. That makes me more likely to upgrade to a paid account at times when we need it. We love that its a really visual tool and this works for a 100% remote team running multiple complex projects. the ability to automate a lot of the processes also helps us and reduces our workload doing the silly little jobs that hold up getting into the real work!

Cons:

The only thing I don't really like is the way the messages stack in the tasks and I haven't yet found a good way of having a space we can workshop in but we have other tolls for that which we can add links to so that's alright for now.

Shayla
Shayla
Human Resources Specialist in US
Internet, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Multiple boards can be created by various groups

Comments: Work orders that have been completed and those that are still in progress can be saved in the system. Council members are able to read updates without having to get regular email updates. Keeping tabs on my immediate team's daily workload and expected workload. Anyone who is suffering and needs more support or time, or who is short on work, may be easily identified.

Pros:

It's the most user-friendly tracking tool available. Especially when teams are spread out across the globe, updates are almost always instantaneous. works on both Chrome and iOS. The views are simple to grasp and adjust to your own method of working. It's a breeze to get up and running, and it only takes a few minutes to learn and collaborate with your team.

Cons:

The timeline feature, one of the nicest features, is not available in the free edition. Some of the integrations are a tad constrained. If you don't handle your email notifications, you'll be flooded.

Online Marketing in US
Automotive, 51-200 Employees

Best project management tool on the market

Comments: It is the best project management platform I have seen on the market. Free trial, very reasonable pricing. A very flexible user interface that satisfies every professional need regardless of your field.

Pros:

I signed up for the free trial version of monday.com and immediately realized what a great tool it is! I have worked with Asana, Slack and Basecamp before but they don't even come close to monday.com. It gives you so many options for customization that no matter what field or profession you are in, you will find the right setting and layout. They offer great tutorial videos and the user interface is very easy to use. You can keep all your tasks and projects in the same place, assign people to tasks, add deadlines. One of my favorite tools is that you can ask for an update on a pending project with 1 click - instead of constantly emailing and calling your team - which can make them frustrated. The other great tool is the automatic notification builder, that helps you stay up to date and constantly notifies you based on your settings. You can even build up tasks that depens on the previous task so your team members will know when you rely their task to be completed so you can start your part. The pricing is very reasonable and they are customer service team is great, too!

Cons:

I have been using monday.com for a few weeks and never had any problems with the program, the only annoying thing is they push their social media and youtube advertising really hard, so I keep getting ads every day but that is how they grew.

Owner in US
Management Consulting, Self Employed

Best Team PM Tool Available

Comments: I work on Monday.com with one of my clients who utilizes it for managing multiple projects with a variety of internal *and* external team members. It's easy to have everyone on the same page, makes communicating easy, and is VERY easy for the uninitiated to get up and running quickly.

Pros:

Monday.com is straight out of the box simple to learn and yet it has a huge variety of features to make it as robust as you need it to be. The ability to quickly set up projects, timelines, teams, and tasks is just really almost too easy. Also love being able to easily switch between views (table, Kanban, calendar, etc.) that speak to the way my mind works. Compared to other PM cloud tools that I have used (Trello, Asana, Teamwork, etc.) I found Monday.com to be far easier to get going quickly and without a huge learning curve. Their Knowledge Base is vast, and the customer service is also great. Tips & tricks pop up to help enhance the UX without being annoying. They actually seem to be listening to the user audience and carefully implement improvements that make sense.

Cons:

Haven't found any downsides yet! Seriously it's so easy to use I keep waiting for the other shoe to drop!

Chief Revenue Officer in Poland

Customizable and friendly UI with many integrations

Comments: Our main focus for a CRM was tracking our leads and deals. However, we wanted to have other customer facing teams to work on the CRM as well. They didn't like those large enterprise level CRM UIs. Monday.com was easy to use and they all voted for it. We can now have all our inputs about our clients and tasks under a single platform.

Pros:

It has a very insightful dashboard with different parameters and colors. We can easily customize the view and metrics to look at. Data visualization job done well. We chose MOnday.com because it is not only a CRM designed for sales tracking but our other teams like marketing, customer success etc. can also work with it easily. Having an easy UI helps our teams to actually work on the CRM. It is a good way to encourage people to do the documentation. The pricing is also a good match compared to some other alternatives.

Cons:

Haven't heard anything from the teams. We have sorted out missing things via easy integrations.

Alternatives Considered: Insightly, Creatio CRM, Freshsales and SugarCRM

Reasons for Choosing monday.com: It was too much sales pipeline oriented

Switched From: Pipedrive

Reasons for Switching to monday.com: Several different teams including sales, marketing, client success and HR all agreed that this one product is super easy to use and it can combine different business teams in one place

Vance
Digital marketer in Singapore

One of the most robust project management platforms out there

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Project management is so much better with Monday.com after we moved away from spreadsheets and emails in general. Everyone is kept up to date with the latest updates on tasks and projects, and there's a activity log, which makes it easy for everyone to know who made what changes, so there are no disputes.

Pros:

Robustness of the platform in terms of project management. Our team also likes the pretty confetti animations whenever we mark a task as done. The latest Christmas-themed confetti was a very nice touch and we had a lot of fun updating Monday.com, which is the whole point of project management - keeping the team up to date with the status of tasks and projects.

Cons:

There is not "mark all as read" in the notifications and inbox area, which can be annoying at times when you're back from long leave. Having that feature will significantly improve the UX and notification hygiene practices.

Alternatives Considered: Bloo, Trello, Basecamp and Asana

Switched From: Google Sheets

Mitch
Partner in US
Internet, 2-10 Employees

Monday Improved Our Business In Ways We Never Imagined

Comments: We initially selected Monday to plan and manage a large project that we were starting. As we became familiar with it, we found that is was a much better way to manage, track and plan nearly everything we do. The ability to allow guest access to specific boards, to automate notifications, and to collect information via web form has greatly improved our day to day processes and our capacity to responsively interact with customers. Using a combination of the web, mobile and windows 10 apps, we use monday throughout the day, in the office, while traveling, and during onsite projects. Monday has also helped us eliminate siloing of information. Like many companies we used to have a combination of spreadsheets, text documents, emails and texts to store and communicate project information. With monday we have nearly everything in one place that we can access from anywhere. This has made us much more efficient and helped us do a better job of keeping up with the many small tasks and deadlines that go into a successful project. After you use monday for a while, every problem and job begins to look like a monday board to be created.

Pros:

Monday is very easy to use, has excellent help and tutorials, and extremely responsive tech support. They regularly add new features and improvements. Through interactions, automations and integrations, monday can interact with many external products and can automate a lot of the routine steps and notifications in our workflow. The best thing about monday is its flexibility. Once you start using it, you find many different approaches and tools to manage projects, workflows, customer interactions, data storage, tracking and analysis. Monday is colorful and appealing to work with, making using it a pleasure.

Cons:

Many of the items I would have listed as missing from the software have been added in the time we have been using it. For example, many users requested subitems and before long it was rolled out as a new feature and has evolved into a very useful aspect of monday. For some of the more in depth features, there is a bit of a learning curve. But that is to be expected with software that can do so much. This is mitigated by the learning resources and very good support that the company provides.

Jennifer
Director in South Africa
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Great for cross-team alignment and for prioritizing my own very full plate

Comments: Personally I feel far more in control of my workload across projects than before we used it. On a broader scale, it is working extremely well on a project we are doing with a range of internal tasks and functions as well as an external software developer and a separate person for support and testing. Everyone is clear on status and what is supposed to happen next. A third scenario where it has worked well for us is a couple of start-ups we are participating in with a further different set of people.
I enjoy using it and intend to broaden my use of the tool.

Pros:

I really liked that I could make it reflect our business world instead of having to tailor our world to the software as so often happens. I work with a number of different projects, organisations and people, as well as external service providers. It is quick and easy to create different Boards and spaces to best suit a particular project and then share with the relevant people. Unexpectedly, I also found it good to use as a library for references and info on different projects . Many teams may prefer using Slack or other team tools for that. I guess it depends on the size and complexity of your operation, and also what habits are already in place. Monday has interfaces for Slack and other tools but i have not tried them. I also like that you can use Monday for repeatable processes and light workflows, as well as projects and task management. The tutorials and info available help make it easy to see how to get the most our of the software. The phone interface is easy to use and makes it simple to keep tabs on what is happening, or add tasks and updates on the move.

Cons:

One thing I did not like is that as soon as you go over the number of invited guests permitted for your package, they commence a process to automatically upgrade you to a more expensive one. At least they do warn you so we were able to tidy up on guests and cancel the additional cost upgrade before it occurred. But I would far rather get a warning or error message when trying to add the guest that crosses the limit.

monday Response

3 years ago

Hey Jennifer! Thank you for leaving a review! To start, we're happy to hear that you liked using the platform for different things including, referencing projects as well as managing projects. We're glad you were able to utilize our features for repetitive tasks as well. We appreciate your feedback regarding the auto-upgrade upon exceeding users. We've recently changed the flow of this so that more notice is given. If you're experiencing an issue with it still, we'd be happy to help! Just let us know :)

Jonathan
Labor Coordinator in US
Events Services, 11-50 Employees

Monday.Com Keeps Track of our Progress

Comments: My company uses Monday.com to keep track of many different projects we have going at one time - we are an events company, so we have hundreds of events in a year that each have individual processes that need to be accounted for. Monday.com has been helpful in having a broad scope of where we are at with each project. We are still ironing out the kinks to figure out what our workflow will be with this, but it is a pleasant platform to use - very aesthetically pleasing and easy to use once you get the hang of it.

Pros:

I love how you can make a board with automations so that it helps you organize. For instance, I can set a project I'm working on from "pending" to "complete" in one box, and automate it so that once I hit "complete", it moves that project to the "complete" section in a different part of the board. I also love that you can integrate it with different platforms like AirTable and Slack, which is super helpful. Overall, it does a really good job of helping you have a grand overview of where you are at with a project, and helps my team see what projects have been completed and where we still have more work to do. I also know there's a lot of great other features that I haven't learned yet that could be useful to us once we get the hang of this platform.

Cons:

It's a bit complex to learn, which is frustrating at first. There's a lot of formula coding and lingo Monday.com uses that you have to learn for it to make sense. I found that having a specialist help you code your page to your liking was pretty helpful. There's also some places where we set something up but there are scenarios in which this set up might get undermined by one action that would seem logical but would throw off the board. I do wish that the program helped walk you through the process of getting your workflow set up, but I'm sure that's being worked out since they are a relatively new platform.

Jay
Data Analyst in US

The best way to work

Pros:

Monday.com allows you to take control of the way you structure each board and therefore each user/team can have a custom tailored way to manage their work. The way I describe Monday.com to friends is "spreadsheet meets social media".

Cons:

Because each board can differ in how it operates, some people do struggle when they venture outside of their usual digital stomping grounds. I always feel it's more of a "won't" than "can't", as it's not difficult to read the column headers and look at a neighboring pulse to get an idea of what the board's owner is expecting.

Alternatives Considered: Basecamp