15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Updox

Updox provides you with secure, reliable, easy-to-use solutions for electronic fax, secure text, telehealth, and forms in one platform

Learn more about Updox

Pros:

I like the options of preview documents before managing them, multiple document management, and the customer service.

Cons:

The inability to fax blast to a contact list. The complexity of adding/importing contact lists.

Updox ratings

4.2
3.9
4.1
4.1

7.7/10

Updox has an overall rating of 4.2 out 5 stars based on 112 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Updox before?

Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

Added feature of PRactice Fusion

Comments: Highly recommended. I love using this. I just think if you don't have any other application then can do faxing electronically use this one.

Pros:

We can receive and send referrals electronically. For me, it's very convenient if you're working from and or working as a Va and you have no access to a fax machine or you don't want to waste any more papers.

Cons:

at first, setting this up is very confusing. you need to have assistance from the company in order to set this up with your printer or computer device.

Frank
Physician owner in US

Updox

Comments: Only wish that we could have our office phone number identified when texts and calls go to the patients.

Pros:

Allows rapid secure text messaging from my computer to patients. Ease to set up and learn. Allows easy fax retrieval and sorting. Not wasting paper for unwanted faxes. Charges are not per document or usage per client. Patients with appointments are easily reminded and asked to confirm the date. Cuts down on staff having to call each patient for a reminder (and the patients rarely answer our reminder call). They pay attention to their texts.

Cons:

Patients cannot identify incoming texts due to random phone number generation by Updox. Patients are wary about opening the text since they do not recognize the phone number. Cannot upload PDF's forms for completion for the patients. They need to be recreated in the Updox platform first. We want to use our forms that we already have, not reformat and retype it in Updox.

Renea
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Updox is one of the most important programs we use in our office.

Pros:

I am able to work from anywhere and complete my job. I can communicate with patients any time of day. Messaging is one of my absolute favorite features in Updox!

Cons:

Telehealth is a feature that has not always been consistant so we also use another platform.

CEO in US

Worst Customer Service in the Industry

Comments: Dismal at best.
Waste of time at worst.
Not worth the cost.
Very disappointing.
Disrespectful by only responding emails several days later

Pros:

Nothing. Can’t be expressed in other words. There is nothing to like about a company which shows no appreciation for its customers

Cons:

Horrendous customer service . No appreciation for customer’s time. It’s just a matter of time before a class action lawsuit is brought against this company

Alpha
Medical Director in US

Excellent Product

Comments: Excellent product. Excellent experience.

Pros:

Easy to use. Practical. Quick onboarding. Constant updates. Customize templates. Affordable.

Cons:

I cannot think of anything that I do not like.

Cody
Accounts Manager in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Amazingly Easy to Use

Pros:

The software in incredibly easy to use. I can send faxes from my medical records software to other facilities, and I can receive information and input it directly to patient files as well. This has saved me so much time, and makes running the accounts receivable portion of our business MUCH easier. The tools available cover all facets of thing I need, (highlight, redact, digital signatures, etc.) and I only needed to be shown the tools once to understand how to use them.

Cons:

Sometimes it takes a little while for something I've "printed" to show up in the inbox, but that would be the case for a normal printer anyway. A quick "refresh" of the page gets it sorted, but speeding this process would be my only request!

Sheila
Nurse Practitioner, owner in US
Medical Practice, 2–10 Employees

Great software option for telemed, secure and easy to use!

Comments: Updox Video Chat has made a real difference in my ability to care for my patients. The quick roll out to address the need for telehealth in the midst of the pandemic helped me to continue to serve my patients when they needed it most.

Pros:

The software is easy to use from both the provider and patient side. There is no app to download, and I find my older patients really appreciate that. Video quality is good. It is secure, which is important in a medical practice.

Cons:

I would like to see better functionality with charting and using video chat simultaneously. Right now I have to either write notes and transcribe later, or use two computer screens. It would be nice if I could make the chat small and put it in the corner so I could see both at the same time.

Joshua
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 11–50 Employees

Dated but functional fax replacement

Comments: Fair. It does what was promised. It rarely goes down completely but lately has been very slow

Pros:

Tight integration with our EMR for fast uploads to charts.

Cons:

It’s 2024 and all faxes are converted to PDF. Why isn’t the text searchable? Why can’t we build rules to forward specific senders or cover sheets to specific queues. Feel like Updox is often sluggish or slow for no reason.

Diana
Diana
Medical Scribe/Support Staff in US

Nice platform

Comments: Sales and IT departments are easy to work with. Employees are friendly and knowledgeable.

Pros:

Easy to use. Convenience to use from any device.

Cons:

Crashing issues. It does crash almost daily with slow importing or inability to send to patient portals.

4 years ago

Thank you for reviewing Updox. We appreciate the feedback and are glad our solution works well for your business. If you do experience any downtime, please make sure to check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds. If you have any questions or concerns in the future, you can always reach out to your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thanks for Updoxing!

Andy

Updox review

Pros:

Ease of use and able to fax out with HIPAA security

Cons:

Not able to use enough texting characters

Joanne
owner in US

Customer service problems

Comments: Excellent until this July, and terrible after that. This summer when they changed their business model they became a totally different company doing a totally different product. With no warning, they were "telamedicine" and not a secure fax catchment system. Probably they were taken over by someone who had vicious business habits.

Pros:

In its previous rendition UpDox was very good and easy to use.

Cons:

They changed their business model and become a more expensive rendition (four times as expensive) without warning and without giving the users a chance to move out. Their customer service did not respond. When I finally talked to a person (after calling sales, because no one else answers) they claimed they had tried to call and email the clinic many times. They did not because they had my personal cell phone that keeps records, and my personal email that does the same. They were lying. Then the representative said I was "borderline racist" because I objected to the fact that their "chat" option, the only one they previously allowed me to use was actually people from another country who had no power to do any actions at all. Then when I finally got a person on the line to cancel, after three months of calling, and three months of charging me four times the amount we had contracted for, they would not refund my money because supposedly they "had been available to use and had tried to contact me." Lying. The new business model. I am contacting my bank to let them know not to accept any more withdrawals from this company.

4 years ago

Dr. Holland We're sorry you've had a difficult recent relationship with Updox. One clarification: Our "chat" option is staffed entirely by our own employees who work out of our Ohio office. We're proud of our diverse workforce that includes staff from different backgrounds, all of whom are empowered to provide exceptional service to our customers. While our business model has not changed (nor has our ownership), COVID obviously had a huge impact across healthcare and our telehealth solution (which we actually launched in 2019) became vital to many providers. Thank you for your previous partnership.

Jacqueline
CMA, Medical Office Manager in US

Not very visually appealing

Comments: We are about to eliminate our fax machine and have our incoming correspondence go directly to Updox, to eliminate paper waste, so that is a good thing. In general, however, the lack of response when the entire system is down is really a detriment to operations. I think that if they know that the entire network is down, they should send an email blast or something to notify users that it is on their end and not the practitioner's end.

Pros:

The best feature of this program is that it allows you to color your messages by user, so you know which of the many items in the inbox belongs to which user.

Cons:

Imported pages are impossible to read. I don't understand the concept of the hovering magnifying glass. Why can't you see the entire page at once? It's not at all user friendly when it comes to being visually appealing or easy to use.

4 years ago

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. We have forwarded your question and information to our product team for evaluation. If you do experience any additional downtime, please check our status update page - status.updox.com. Our status update page will notify you with any issues, provide resolutions and workarounds. For future questions or concerns, please contact your dedicated Customer Success Manager to ensure you are getting the most value out of your Updox experience. Thank you for Updoxing!

Lynette
Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

UPDOX Review

Comments: We have only been using it for a week and half have encountered multiple issues that are still not resolved and until I complained about it didn't hear anything from the support team in way of follow up.

Pros:

The system is super easy to use. Our providers have had a much easier time using this system and so have our patients. It's very straight forward as far as getting connected.

Cons:

Not much help in the set up of it all. My demo was okay but they forgot to make me or tell me I needed to be set up as the administrator. We also have no idea how to get the pictures directly into the patient chart everyone I have asked either doesn't know, or keeps saying "you just click the EHR" and it's clearly ,more steps than that because we can't get it to work.

Lori
Clinic Director in US
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

UPDOX -- from a users view

Comments: As stated above.

Pros:

Our staff appreciates how user friendly the faxing and patient reminder features work.

Cons:

The Video Chat feature is not user friendly and frequently disconnects in the middle of a visit or buffers multiple times during a patient visit. We have chosen to not use it.

Ruth
physician in US
Hospital & Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Indispensable addition to the office

Comments: Saving time, paper, and effort for faxes and reminders.

Pros:

Updox is my fax machine. It is so easy to use, and saves paper and time. I can import directly to my electronic medical record, I can get faxes from home and respond quickly to requests that come via fax. I t has saved a lot of time for my office staff, they don't have to call patients any more because they get reminders.

Cons:

The reminder system needs to have more options

Richard
Physician in US

Saved our practice during COVID-19

Comments: We perform drug tests at every visit. Switching to Video Chat allowed us to replace urine tests with saliva tests, which are easier to monitor for us. This has helped reduce the number of patients coming through the office and allowed patients to stay at home during the Shelter at Home orders.

Pros:

Video Chats are very easy to use on our end and allow us to take pictures of patients and the results of their tests so that the providers can review them later if necessary. We like that patients do not have to download an app to use, and can access on phones, laptops, tablets, or home computers.

Cons:

The quality of pictures unfortunately is poor sometimes even on newer phones, but this might be a function on internet quality. It would be nice to be able to customize the Summary Page more before importing files into charts.

Matthew
Senior Director of Innovation in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 201–500 Employees

A good solution if you are an EHR user. Needs help as a stand alone product

Pros:

I have not lost a fax or had an issue with faxes not sending. Almost no downtime in 7 years.

Cons:

I do not want to add a number to my contacts when I send a fax. I would like to setup routing rules. I would like to make sending faxes easier for my team: If they had an email address where they could email an attachment with the outbound phone number in the subject.

Marcie
RN Triage in US
Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

UPDOX

Comments: Often times the manual fax machines will not complete the fax or they jam up if it is a lengthy fax. UPDOX faxes every time.

Pros:

The ability to pull records directly from the pt's chart into the UPDOX program for faxing.

Cons:

Inability to use a referral providers cover sheet or "loose" records to upload into UPDOX

Jimmy
MD in US
Hospital & Health Care, 11–50 Employees

Very easty to use

Comments: It has been very easy to use...overall very positive experience

Pros:

Video telehealth capability. It is very easy to use and allows me to take a picture of the patient to save to their chart as a record of the visit.

Cons:

No issues. Everything has worked to our offices needs without any issues.

CATHY
MANAGER in US

FASTER WAY TO GET YOUR FAXES

Comments: Able to go through incoming faxes quick and have had no issues

Pros:

With the flag system it has it makes it easy to assign incoming faxes to correct person. Love that you can fax from here as well. Saves paper for sure!

Cons:

I can't say that there are features I do not like. It moves quick and simple to use. If I have to pick something I will say I wish there were a folder for each person to 'save' if needed.

Doede
Doede
Owner/Physician in US

Good Software

Comments: Overall very good.

Pros:

Cons:

Wasn't truly integrated into EHR, so separate processing.

Josh
Mental Health Care, 2–10 Employees

Telehealth with UPdox

Comments: We have been using Updox for our faxing and reminder messages for some time and have really enjoyed it. We appreciate the Updox team and how they have always been very responsive and supportive. I assume the COVID stuff has left everyone scrambling and trying to refine things on the fly. The Updox Video Chat is not on par with the rest of the Updox services, which has been disappointing.

Pros:

It is integrated with our booking software which is very nice. It makes finding patients information quick and easy but the adding of notes could be refined to make the workflow more seamless.

Cons:

The service been very unreliable. Iphones seem to work the best but there are way too many issues with calls being dropped, links never showing up on the patients' end of things, issues with connectivity once the call has been established. When we have reached out about this, we didn't get any real answers or assistance.

Jennifer
Physician in US

Excellent Product

Pros:

Easy to use. Intuitive format. No bugs. Fast

Cons:

Initially did not integrate well with existing EMR. IT needed to make work

Dawn
Administration in US

Administration

Comments: NA

Pros:

Length of time a fax is sent to being received

Cons:

Nothing really it works for our practice

Margaret
Medical Practice, 11–50 Employees

Helping Healthcare

Pros:

Easy training options. Easy to log in and utilize all the features.

Cons:

Struggling with updating in real time with EMDS and Updox. No solution has been found at this point.