About Jolt

Jolt is an app-based software used to manage daily operations and hourly workers, giving real-time feedback to owners and managers.

Learn more about Jolt

Pros:

The client I'm working with now thought it would be useful to him and his employees.

Cons:

Changing availability has been difficult for my team. They will enter information and it will disappear.

Jolt ratings

4.5
4.7
4.5
4.6

8.9/10

Jolt has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 271 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Jolt before?

Debra
Debra
Quality Assurance Manager in US

Purchased the Jolt labeler to label in process product, but we are using it for so much more!

Comments: Labels for in process and finished products, Very simple to use. Using for scheduling, time clock management, messages, alerts, communication, and accountability of personnel. They need to log in on an ipad to the software, and they can get their tasks right there that were set up for them. Excellent product! We are using this for so much more than what we originally purchased it for.

Pros:

Originally purchased to label in process product. But when we started building labels, we realized we can also make finished product labels and apply them easier. We just used these for the first time for the entire day and couldn't be happier. Great quality and simple. This software has so many features and now our production manager is using this software for our staff. It can be used as a time clock, for messages and alerts, for accountability of workers tasks, personnel scheduling, and much more. We plan to take full advantage of all it can do for us. We seem to find something new every day that this can do for us. For the price, along with the excellent support whenever needed, it is one of the best values I have found in a long time. I cannot recall a time in my career that I have been excited about a labeler!

Cons:

I think we will have to use this a bit longer to find something we don't like about this. The one item we changed was that the labeler comes with 1" x 1" labels, which were too small for our use. Our account manager sent us the labels we needed immediately.

Angelo
Associate Product Manager in Benin
Internet, 201-500 Employees

Supercharged Performance with Jolt

5.0 3 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I'm very pleased with my experience with Jolt. It has greatly improved my workflow and I wouldn't hesitate to recommend it to others.

Pros:

Jolt has been a great addition to my workflow. It's incredibly fast, reliable, and easy to use. The intuitive user interface helps me get things done quickly and efficiently. The customer service is also top-notch, and they're always quick to respond to my questions or concerns.

Cons:

The only downside I've found with Jolt is that the pricing can be a bit steep for some users. There are also some features that I wish were included but are not.

6 days ago

Thank you for your review, Angelo. We're so glad to hear that Jolt has been a great addition to your workflow. We appreciate your feedback, and we'll be sure to take that into consideration for future updates. We're happy to hear that you appreciate our fast, reliable performance and customer service. We'll continue to strive to provide the best products and services possible to our customers.

Sarfaraz
Sarfaraz
SEO Manager in India
E-Learning, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Streamline Your Workflows and Boost Productivity

3.0 6 days ago New

Comments: Overall, using Jolt can be a positive experience for businesses looking to streamline their work processes and boost productivity. The platform's easy-to-use interface, improved collaboration and communication features, and customizable templates can help teams save time and achieve better results. However, like any technology solution, Jolt may have a learning curve for some users and may not be suitable for businesses with complex or specialized project management needs. Before investing in Jolt, it's important to thoroughly evaluate the benefits and drawbacks to ensure that it meets your specific requirements and expectations.

Pros:

Jolt offers several benefits to businesses looking to streamline their work processes and boost productivity. Some of the key advantages of using Jolt include: Easy to use and intuitive interfaceImproved collaboration and communication between team membersReal-time tracking and reporting of tasks and projectsCustomizable templates and integrations with popular toolsEnhanced visibility into team performance and progress.By simplifying workflows and improving collaboration and communication, Jolt helps teams achieve better results in less time. Whether you're looking to manage small projects or large-scale initiatives, Jolt is a versatile and powerful solution that can help you meet your goals.

Cons:

One potential drawback is that it may have a learning curve for users unfamiliar with project management tools. Additionally, the platform's features and capabilities may be limited for businesses with highly complex or specialized project management needs. Finally, some users may find the cost of Jolt to be a concern, especially for smaller or cost-conscious organizations. Before making a decision on whether Jolt is the right solution for your business, it's important to thoroughly evaluate the benefits and drawbacks to ensure that it meets your specific needs and requirements.

Claudia
Operations Manager in Austria
Sports, 51-200 Employees

A great resource for achieving your business goals.

4.0 4 weeks ago New

Comments: Jolt makes it easy to create and manage tasks. The customer support is also very helpful and responsive, always answering any questions I have in a timely manner. I love the ability to assign tasks and set deadlines to team members, which makes for a much more organized workflow. I like that it allows Jolt to track progress and communicate with other members of the team. All in all, Jolt has been a great tool for managing projects and tasks.

Pros:

Jolt is the perfect software for businesses that want to increase the efficiency of their operations. It provides a comprehensive suite of features that enable businesses to streamline their workflows, track data, and analyze performance. The software can be used to manage employee performance, track project progress, and automate processes. Additionally, it offers customizable reporting, analytics, and insights to help businesses make informed decisions. Jolt is easy to use, secure, and reliable, making it the perfect choice for businesses that want to take their operations to the next level.

Cons:

It's a tedious process as software can be difficult to learn and require a significant amount of time and effort to become proficient.

6 days ago

Thank you so much for your review, Claudia! We strive to make our software as easy as possible for our customers to use. We are very happy that you have found success with Jolt and we look forward to continuing to help you and your business reach your goals.

Food & Beverage Front Of House Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Great software for scheduling, food & beverage companies

Comments: I have cut my time that is spent making the schedule down from the previous program I used.

Pros:

I have the ability to schedule as many positions to multiple employees for our Renaissance faire food and beverage staff..this is crucial when I need to have an employee work in multiple locations through out the day.

Cons:

I am unable to send the schedule to just a select employee or employees. Currently I have to send it to the entire staff.

Jaime
Food Tech in US
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Great Support from CSM

Comments: Jolt has been great so far! Everyone has been super helpful and very accommodating. [SENSITIVE CONTENT] has been doing implementation with me and he is a ROCK STAR. He always makes time for a Zoom when I need it. He has great knowledge and is absolutely a delight to work with.

Pros:

We LOVE the lists! We love the LOG BOOK! We LOVE the information library. With a few tweaks, scheduling could be outstanding as well.

Cons:

Scheduling performance. I have provided requests to help make it better.

8 months ago

Hi Jaime, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Claire
Owner in US
Restaurants, 2-10 Employees

Jolt Helps Manage Teams Remotely

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Fantastic. During the pandemic we cancelled JOLT because of expenses and we decided to go back because we did in fact really need it. Daniel Orjuela is our rep and he's the best! I really like the fact that he worked in the industry and understands what we do.

Pros:

The checklists are so easy for team to use and for me to manage remotely.

Cons:

Set-up is hard for someone who is not technical but staff helps.

4 weeks ago

Hi Claire, Thank you for reviewing Jolt on Capterra! We sincerely appreciate your feedback and value you as a Jolt customer.

Julie
Julie
Manager in Canada
Retail, 2-10 Employees

It doesn't Jolt, it can be slow

4.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

It's fairly simple, bare bones software but it helps with task tracking and holding employees accountable.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be slow or glitchy and lists wont pop up. It takes a bunch of logging in and out to get it going.

6 days ago

Thank you for your review, Julie! We're sorry to hear that your experience with Jolt can be a little slow. We are committed to ensuring that our users have the best possible experience and will do our best to improve performance. We appreciate your feedback and look forward to making Jolt the best it can be!

Adinde
Adinde
Forex Trading in Nigeria
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

My honest review on Jolt

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Overall, I love Jolt because it's not complicated and easy to use. With it I've been able to publish my schedules, control a variety of requests and also my work place has been able to manage it's employees using it.

Pros:

I enjoy using Jolt because it's easy to use and includes a mobile version, I like utilizing it. I also enjoy that I can schedule different skill types with Jolt, and employees can browse schedules and submit requests using the mobile app. Schedule creation is now simpler and more time-effective thanks to Jolt.

Cons:

Even though the scheduling concept of jolt is good, it's sort of difficult to integrate into the payroll in my work place.

6 days ago

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review about Jolt. We are glad to hear that you have been able to take advantage of the mobile app and our scheduling system. We understand your concerns around the difficulty of integrating into payroll and will pass this along to consider in future development. We appreciate your feedback. Thank you for your continued support!

Anthony
Chief of Staff in US
Food & Beverages, 51-200 Employees

Great Software and Service!

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Amazing!

Pros:

The ease of use, yet the long-range ability it offers, makes it such an appealing software.

Cons:

The design can look better. I think the design is due for an upgrade - which the Jolt team has told me they are working on this!

6 days ago

Thank you for your kind words, Anthony! We are thrilled to hear that you find our software easy to use and are impressed with its long-range capabilities. We appreciate your feedback on the design and will pass that along to our development team. Thank you for your support!

Brandon
General Manager in US

Pretty good overall

Comments: bad the time I've saved building my schedule is astronomical. Everything is just so easy to move around. After I put some projections in, I can see plainly how much money i'm wasting on labor and where I'm understaffed. Also, when I used to build my schedules, I would get complaints from employees all the time about how I scheduled them on a day they wanted off or outside of their availability or too little or too many hours or whatever the case may be. Now I get hardly any and when I do, I can say "well did you give me your availability?" The answer is always no and then it's their responsibility to solve it

Pros:

The administrative side of the software is pretty intuitive, but advanced enough to really customize. I have not had a lot of time to play around with the other features just yet, but the scheduler is top notch. I especially like being able to make a template with unassigned employees. Every week I just drag and drop my crucial shifts to the people that can fit them and then build my schedule from there. Really the schedule building feature is just fantastic overall. I must have saved at least 6 hours of time every week since I started using Jolt if not more. Having availability and time off requests laid out over the scheduler is so nice. I employ a lot of college students whose availability can change weekly. Them having the ability to change their availability on the fly is incredibly useful for me. I used to compare my schedule to hand written notes and an availability spreadsheet. I couldn't imagine going back. Last thing I have to add is the customer service from Jolt is top notch. And I mean REALLY great. They set me up with a personal representative of which I have all contact information I need to contact at anytime directly. Every time I send an email to Jolt, it is answered almost immediately. If I bring up a question they don't have an answer for, the make an effort to find it and always get back to me. My rep Johnathan is like the friendliest guy I've ever talked to. The Customer service of this company is reason enough to purchase the software.

Cons:

The fact that it is browser based. I don't care how fast your connection is, sometimes it's going to lag. Also, what's with needing an iPad for half the features?. What if I want someone to be able to see everyone on the schedule, but not change the schedule? And by far the most annoying thing is the Jolt Lite app. It's not intuitive so I end up putting availability in myself for employees that can't figure it out. The interface of the app looks pretty bare. Like a webpage from the late 90's. When I get a push notification, it would be nice if the app opened up to whatever it is I need to approve/deny instead of the default page I set, or the last page I was on. And availability is set as "unavailable to work?" It should really be changed to when the employee is available to work, or call it "Unavailability" or something, it's just confusing.

Caprinia
Owner in US
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees

Great Tool!

Comments: We have been using Jolt in our restaurant for about a month. The setup took a little bit of time, but once that was complete, the use of it is great! I love how modular it is. Even within the same company there can be little differences between locations. This software realizes that. The options available make it functional for any paper list, form, etc. Not to mention that every action is time/date stamped! It is great to know when things are actually getting done. I also really appreciate the "real-time" view that I have into my operations even when I am not physically there given the push notifications and range alerts that I have set up. We have been able to mitigate a few situations that weren't being highlighted given our previous methods of data collection and were being overlooked. The price is right where I would expect it to be. The value is great for the product, service, and online information.

Pros:

I like that this helps eliminate the paper in the store and requiring the manager's to "proof" every little part when they are busy managing the shift. Time-stamps are wonderful. The modular ability of being able to build what you need is great. Setting up pushes for the lists and forms at specific times is a great tool to help keep the team on track daily. I appreciate the notifications that I can create for any form. We haven't yet utilized the point system, but our team is excited to use it in contests. I anticipate it will be a great motivational tool.

Cons:

The build-out for getting it functional was time consuming. I did not have any templates to work from. If I had those, it would have been much more streamlined, but would still require an investment of time.

Jon
Franchisee and Area Supervisor in US

Jolt is a NO BRAINER for serious restaurateurs

Comments: Before Jolt we were using those ancient relics known as paper checklists. Accountability for completing those checklists was a constant battle. We were literally throwing money in the trash when checklist items were missed or ignored. NOT ANYMORE. Not only does Jolt provide superb accountability and reduce pencil-whipping to a bare minimum. The team members love it! Nobody wants to work in a restaurant that's living in the past with outdated paper checklists. Their are too many great features within Jolt to rave about every single one of them. (and they constantly add new features and functionality.) But I can tell you that we save WAY more money than the minimal cost of this program. Productivity is up, accountability is up, cleanliness is up, morale is up and profits are up! The product date labeling feature in Jolt is worth the cost on its own. Do yourself a favor and take the time for a demo on the program and see for yourself. If you aren't on Jolt, chances are your competitors are and you do NOT want them to have this competitive over you. I just can't say enough about how much I love Jolt!

Pros:

The ability to measure our success or failure and the ability to hold people accountable down to the minute and second an item was completed.

Cons:

You will "nerd out" and want to do nothing but write Jolt checklists all day long.

Eldridge
Operations Director in US
Food & Beverages, 5,001-10,000 Employees

The Safety and Productivity Solution!

Comments: The experience has been great through and through! It's been a huge time saver. It's saved us time, and time equals money, in various areas of our business. You can download the names of your staff who in which are on your schedule, and it helps in keeping you and your team accountable.

Pros:

My most favorite feature of Jolt would be its assistance in helping the team meet food safety. This feature eliminates any handwritten and/or guessing shelf life for products, as the corporate guidelines for holding procedures are already downloaded on the application.

Cons:

Depending on how tech and app savvy your managerial team is, customization is based on what works for your particular team. Therefore customization is up to us and could be pretty sloppy, which ends up being productivity lost searching for a particular label.

Luke
Hospitality Director in US

Streamlined Management Processes

Comments: Cost savings on labels.
Time saving on tasks.
Team is more motivated.
Training is easier with a streamlined process.
Food safety is easier to implement with simple labeling process.

Pros:

Jolt takes your everyday tasks and lets you create checklists that managers and team members can complete while at work. Team can earn points for each task completed, helping to create motivation. Jolt food date labels are extremely cost effective (we saved on labels alone after switching from another labeling company). The wireless printer is awesome! Print from any connected iPad in the store. We were able to get rid of all the different binders and papers we had and just go with a single iPad in the managers' station.

Cons:

I would like to see better development on scoring. I would like to be able to view score in a category (such as cleanliness) and compare this week to the week before or last month to current month. Scoring is a huge opportunity that needs more development! Also, there's no way to "clear" a checklist without checking it off (sometimes leads to someone just checking everything off to clear the list). Once a list is no longer applicable, it would be better to just clear it rather than having to check every item.

Sharon
General Manager in US
Entertainment, 11-50 Employees

A must-have for a service based industry

Comments: We have opening procedure lists, closing lists, cleaning lists, new hire training lists, and even incident forms which automatically send to my insurance agent when they're filled out. This product is vital to any small business.

Pros:

Accountability! Ask your employee, "hey did you clean the bathroom like I asked?" they'll say yes every time. Give them a Jolt list asking them to take a photo of a clean bathroom and sign off that they completed it and you'll be amazed at the results. I apply points to each check list item and give out prizes to the top point earners each month. Now my employees are accountable for their actions and rewarded for a job well done. Bonus: New hires have a thorough guideline of how to complete regular talks by walking through a check list.

Cons:

The ability to bulk-change lists could be more user friendly. Right now the process can be quite tedious if you're like me and have long lists that need editing.

Elizabeth
Reservations in US
Leisure, Travel & Tourism, 51-200 Employees

Great for Schedules!

Comments: This is an incredibly easy tool for scheduling employees. It really makes calculating hours much easier.

Pros:

I love the ease of use with this software, and the navigation of different employees' schedules. Its easy to insert times and easy to post once it is completed. We also love that there is an app! It's up to date with the times, and with younger employees, technology and ease of access is everything. We also love the referral program. We haven't had anyone actually join yet, but we recommend Jolt to everyone.

Cons:

We had a couple issues with getting employees the link to actually view their schedule. It would get lost or just not even send. There should just be a way for us to preset a password for the employee and once they log in it asks them to reset it.

Justin
Owner/President in Canada
Food & Beverages, 2-10 Employees

Very practical software for any business needing to organize staff schedule

Comments: ease of use and organization

Pros:

Ease of use to create and send out the staff schedule and the fact that it's mobile friendly for all the staff to use anywhere. Nobody can miss a shift because everyone carries a phone these days :)

Cons:

When creating a template for the whole staff schedule and using it for a following week, you're able to easily create the template but implementing it in the following week doesn't allow the shift blocks to be assigned to the same people as the previous week. The shift blocks copy over but don't get inserted under each employee as was copied from the template creation feature.

Jon
Corporate Franchise Auditor in US
Food & Beverages, 501-1,000 Employees

Jolt: so good it Hurts!

Comments: Jolt is amazing, I've used it with several companies that I have worked for and it is the only program I CONTINUALLY RECCOMEND! Great program and even better customer service!

Pros:

Easy to use, and teach. Does exactly what I want it to, easy upload and great program for restaurant accountability-

Cons:

I would like the program to coordinate with square software to track sales and labor through the schedule- that would be amazing.

Elizabeth
Special Projects Coordinator in US
Food Production, 51-200 Employees

Jolt has made the day to day operations in our restaurants much more efficient!

Comments: We are able to track temperature and cash register balancing history easily and remotely. For example, if our maintenance team asks if a piece of equipment has been staying in temp, it can be easily checked by reviewing the history of temperatures for that piece of equipment. As supervisors of 7 food service locations, Jolt also allows us to monitor the balancing of our registers remotely by having an email sent any time the store does not balance. It also allows our management team to complete store checks every shift to ensure that the store meets company standards. This has made for cleaner and safer restaurants.

Pros:

As supervisors of multiple food service restaurants it is easy to miss crucial information. With Jolt, when a piece of equipment is temped out of range or a safe does not balance we are automatically sent an email and made aware of the issue. This prompt notification allows us to ensure corrective action is made immediately.

Cons:

The only con we have noticed is that the app cannot alert you a list has become available unless the app is opened. This has caused some of our managers to forget to do lists. We have found a work around by setting alarms on the iPad reminding the management team that the list is now available to complete.

Randy
owner in US
Restaurants, 51-200 Employees

impossible to get a live person to speak to you

Comments: Horrible communication

Pros:

Great sales pitch when they were selling us on the system. When we decided to stop using it was impossible to get a response

Cons:

tried for 2 months to cancel the subscription - after 30 day finally got an email response. Told the rep to cancel the account but he never responded to 2 different emails. Ended up billing my for 2 months

Kyle
Kitchen director in US

Great labels! Haven't explored other things

Pros:

Labels are awesome! I honestly don';t have much experience with any of the other features. However, the labels save time. They are super easy to use. And my team members put labels on everything willingly without grumbling The customer support has been awesome when I needed printer assistance. They updated the user interface to assist us! Great all around

Toni
US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Going Digital

Comments: We just recently started using JOLT in our facility. The process to build checklists and temp logs was painless. Adam has been a great support with weekly follow ups and always available in between those check points for any additional assistance. We are running JOLT out of one restaurant right now just to work out any kinks and ensure our team has a solid grasp on the program. The program is easy to use, especially with using the bluetooth thermometer that automatically records temps right to the ipad with a push of a button. Since adding adding JOLT we have reduced the time it takes a cook to record temps by over 50% and our cold food complaints have reduced and food quality scores have risen. Here are a few suggestions and requests that we would like to be added or available in the near future. 1) a thermal bluetooth thermometer 2) a dashboard feature for the Review category, it would be great to have one spot with key information 3) email capabilities for reports and graphs 4) adding an alert function for when the ipad has not synched in an X amount of hours or days 5) offering an ipad carry case with a neck/shoulder strap. We found one that is durable and the manager or chef can wear carry on them while making rounds, it is the best thing. When it is sitting on the desk, it is out of sight out of mind lists were always overdue or not completed. since getting the shoulder strap, our completion percentage continues to go up. We look forward to adding our next location and starting them on using JOLT soon.

Co-founder in US
Recreational Facilities & Services, 11-50 Employees

An indispenible part of our service excellence!

Comments: Less micromanaging. More productive staff.

Pros:

This product really helps us optimize our retail staff productivity and remain engaged in their jobs. Task are easy to manage once everything is set up.

Cons:

Would love a feature to more easily manage maintenance schedules on a large number customer equipment (ie. rental bikes).

Tyler
Owern in Canada
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

Versatile Program!

Comments: This program has changed the way I evaluate my business. It keeps employees accountable for their work while tracking various audits I do. It was a little daunting at first, but Sarah was there to walk me through the program in its entirety. Multiple follow up calls and questions answered on the fly.

Pros:

The versatility of the program. I can customize the reports and lists to my liking. Tracking my employees work and I can keep them accountable without adding payroll hours. The managers love the program as well. Cuts hours off of admin work.

Cons:

The time clock function should be able to export the values into an excel sheet that is easier to read. It should also show break times and total hours worked for the day. Making payroll much easier.