Adobe Captivate Prime Reviews

by Adobe Captivate Prime

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.8 /5
    3.9 /5

About Adobe Captivate Prime

Train employees, partners and customers effectively with a next-gen LMS that delivers an elevated learning experience.

Learn more about Adobe Captivate Prime

Showing 25 reviews of 602

Ali J.
Web Designer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2020

"Best SCORM Training Creation Software"

Comments: Very positive

Pros: The software does everything you can imagine when it comes to creating SCORM training and testing it. It's cross software support with other Adobe products is a big plus point as well.

Cons: It has certain shortcomings when it comes to dealing with languages such as Arabic. It lacks support for languages and display issues for characters that are right to left. Plus there are language character related bugs that stop user from exporting training and make it go into an infinite loading loop.

Richard S.
IT Manager/Instructional Design
Consumer Goods, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/01/2019

"Improving"

Comments: We offer outside contractor and visitor training to our clients. This platform has served us well.

Pros: I understand the difficulty in creating a single LMS that will satisfy everyone. We all have very different needs. There is steady, albeit slow, improvement in functionality and features. The options to have different domains and the ability to share content between domains is a nice feature. Much easier to navigate and set up than other LMSs I have used. Customer support has been very responsive.

Cons: The requirement for an email address to log in. I serve a clientele that is not tech savvy and many do not have an email address(I know hard to believe in 2019, but true). You can use a fake email but then the ability to recover your password does not exist. The lack of password control by administrators can be problematic. My usage is external. Many people logging in from all over the country. If they have a password issue I can not help them. The placement of a cookie on your system every time you log in. If the learner does not use the "Sign Out" option and just closes the browser it makes it impossible for another to log in until that cookie is cleared. This is an issue with clients who use the same computer for many users.

• Reviewed on 11/01/2019
Ryan M.
Communications Manager
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2020

"Great LMS for a Fair Price"

Pros: Captivate Prime is a great learning management system that offers all of the necessary features to help businesses excel in their e-learning programs. It also allows you to pay per user without an unreasonably high "minimum user" requirement.

Cons: The inability to create quiz content within Prime itself is the only feature that I think it is really lacking. Quiz content must instead be authored in other E-learning creation programs first, which can then be hosted on Captivate Prime.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2020
Freelance Instructional Designer
E-Learning, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/08/2018

"A great LMS"

Comments: Adobe captivate is a robust and capable application that provides a ton of features and integration with other sources. When you first create an account, you have access to four different profiles, each providing you with a different set of features and tools. You can be an author, an administrator, a learner or an integration admin. This separation keeps things organized and less confusing. The UI is also very clean, intuitive and comfortable to navigate.
The learning experience is broken down to six different options: Job aid, learning programs, learning plans, certification, catalogs and courses. The courses are the most basic and include a list of all courses available. The learning program is for instances where a learner needs to learn a particular subject. A learning plan is designed for future learning in the event the learner has new developments requiring additional learning or training, like a promotion, the need to acquire a new skill and so on. The catalog is a comprehensive and organized place where all courses pertaining to a particular area of interest are grouped. The certification path is for gamification and for industries requiring it. Finally, the job aid option is accessible without the need to enroll in a course. The content can be documents or links to external content, but cannot be a learning module designed by an authoring tool.
The great thing about the Prime LMS is that it integrates with other learning platforms including Lynda and LinkedIn.

Pros: 1. Covers various methods of course delivery
2. Integrates with external content providers.
3. Makes it easier to define a skill and provide content covering it.
4. Provides the user/admin with several views in the same tab, eliminating the need to have
to sign in on a different page to see the learner’s perspective
5. Great built in tutorials.
6. Many options to set up automatic emails upon the happening of an event, all organized
by categories

Cons: 1. The service is a bit expensive as it is based on the number of users and does not include a flat fee for a set number as provided by other services
2. Cannot use interactive content for job aids

• Reviewed on 19/08/2018
Juergen K.
Training academy Manager
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2019

"Review from Makino"

Comments: With the platform we are able to make training easy available for all our learner and helps to create a learning culture. We can share training between different global platform.

Pros: Easy to use and to understand. possibility to share contents with other platforms. Android and IOS app.
Everything starts with the skills approach. Possibility of different language for one content. No plug in necessary for the player. Reporting module.
Possibility to work with the different roles. unlimited storage space.
Support is doing well.

Cons: Learning calendar is not working well and don't give a good overview about all classroom training planned.
Migration of skills or other things to complicate. No calendar about the utilization of all instructor available .
Calculation of the effectiveness should be different in case L3 feedback is disabled since the L3 feedback does not make sense for the most of short online courses. In the view of the courses as a admin or Author we need filter to separate classroom training from online and courses shared to you or shared to others.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2019
Hannah F.
Creative Strategist
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/03/2019

"Captivate - the reason we don't have a training department anymore. Endlessly buggy w/ rude support."

Comments: We no longer have a training division, because of Adobe Captivate & Adobe Captivate Prime. If you don't have an enterprise license, their support team has no interest in helping you. It takes a huge amount of evidence to convince the support team that your bug or complaint is valid, they insist on blaming you or the user. Everytime one bug was solved, another one appeared. When we realized that Captivate was more embarrassing than helpful, we had to close our training division. We didn't have the financial or time resources to re-build all of our training module on a new platform. While we used Captivate, it caused so many of our students to be angry at us. We had to give many refunds. Most importantly, it damaged our reputation.

Pros: The most basic level functionality is pretty simple to understand.

Cons: We built our entire curriculum on Adobe Captivate (100s of files). When we used Moodle as our LMS, we often had problems. For example, the user needing to enable pop-ups and unsafe scripts, the files freezing, and a student watching the entire lesson and then not having it register as completed. We assumed that Moodle was the problem. So, we moved our courses to Adobe Captivate Prime (which required considerable time and effort). To our dismay, the problems did not improve. If anything, they got worse. There are many things I could talk about, but the worst was the support. They were so unwilling to admit fault. A specific example of this is when they had a bug with the radio buttons in Captivate quizzes. The first several times I tried to contact support about the problem, they blamed the problem on the users. Only after I'd sent them several user complaints, screenshots, and videos did they start to listen. Even then, it took me being very assertive to get them to admit that the problem was on their end (& would take months to fix). Other issues: I couldn't manually mark buggy lessons as complete for students. Students had to enable "unsafe scripts." Many problems were unrepeatable - a students would send me a screenshot of a problem. I'd wouldn't be able to re-create. They they'd try again later and it would work. Because all of our lessons were built in Captivate & even Adobe's solution couldn't play them, we closed our training department.

• Reviewed on 02/03/2019
Voice Over in Spanish, Portuguese and English (Hispanic Accent), Musician, Composer, Producer.
Education Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Good for big corporations, not for the small entrepreneur."

Comments: I was attracted to Adobe as a complete subscription. I have a blended learning school. My goal was to create courses with Captivate and host everything on Captivate Prime along with the live classes. However, I felt there was no interest from Adobe to have me as a client, so I just moved on.

Pros: The interface was very clean and organized. It was easy to figure it out, easy and intuitive to set up. It was easy to customize and easy to work with.

Cons: I found it was a bit naked. I was looking for a complete solution with e-commerce and everything together which Captivate Prime did not offer unless you added other apps. This would increase the cost. I felt the software was being marketed for big companies and enterprises. I even called to understand if Captivate and Captivate prime were the same thing and the lady whom I spoke with told me my company was too small for what they were offering, which was quite disheartening.

Cedric A.
Senior Pastor
Nonprofit Organization Management, Self Employed

"Captivate Still Works"

Comments: I have used this since 2006 when the military was first trying it out and it very stable in use.

Pros: Easy to use and a great teaching tool. Always a great tool and easy to record lessons with it.

Cons: Affordability at times. I wish it was cheaper to purchase and also better discounts.

Angel C.
IT Support
Education Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"creativity"

Comments: I love the functions and how excellent it is to design actions and distance courses

Pros: The very interesting things that can be developed with the software.

Cons: There is not much information and the support is very basic

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Richard R.
Digital Media Instructor
Media Production, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/03/2019

"Adobe Captivate Used in College Class"

Comments: I had to subscribe to Captivate for one-year to use while teaching a ten-week class. When I unsubscribed I still had to pay for 50% of the remaining subscription. Fortunately, the college agreed to reimburse me. I was curious about creating some spec Captivate presentations to illustrate novels that I've taught in the past, however, I did not have the time to pursue this idea. I think it's an area that has been overlooked. I'd be curious to know if any companies are developing literature supplements with Captivate.

Pros: My college students used Captivate in the capstone (final) course in their college media production program.

Cons: They caught on quickly but the software had limited options for exporting to other Premiere programs. The Captivate software was required along with a very expensive text for a ten-week course. The requirement for a year-long subscription was excessive. We spent the first weeks in class using on-line tutorials and then they used the trial period to create their projects. Colleges I teach at regularly require instructors to take Captivate-created policy presentations that keep staff on the same page. However, the information seems overly simplified and can be read and comprehended much faster than a Captivate presentation takes to play. Suggestion: Partner with Notes to create tutorials on literature. I think Captivate could be employed in other knowledge endeavors besides presenting boilerplate policy lessons for businesses and academics.

• Reviewed on 18/03/2019
Michael L.
Curriculum Developer
Military, 10,000+ Employees

"Easy to Use"

Comments: Excellent! It is easy and allows interactive training development that is of quality for today's business needs.

Pros: What I liked most was the ease of learning how to use the software

Cons: I haven't found any yet, and hope I don't

Danielle S.
Arts & Crafts, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2019

"Free trial a introduction"

Comments: The overall experience: Adobe Captivate Prime is essentially for Business organizations with mutable employees not for individuals.

Pros: The content is organized and well presented, my interests, Photoshop and Adobe illustrator, were in depth concise and easy to follow.

Cons: The assets needed to work through the lessons were not available to the free trial experience. Understandable.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2019
Rohit raj S.
Sr. Engineer
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2019

"Nice Experience"

Comments: It was really good, 8 out of 10....thanks

Pros: It is really easy to learn and use, I think everyone who has the knowledge of PowerPoint and timeline can use captivate without getting annoyed...lol Its rally help me a lot for making learning projects for kids and school

Cons: As I have used captivate, advanced action in captivate are some time annoying me, because we cannot copy the script easily.

• Reviewed on 03/03/2019
Will G.
Client Success Director
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Industry Standard that works nicely with Adobe CC"

Comments: I have worked with Captivate in making eLearning.

Pros: I think that Abobe Captivate is best because it is effectively the industry standard. While Articulate is, in my opinion a better individual product, Captivate is a better buy for someone who uses or is familiar with Adobe CC.

Cons: I think that, like many legacy adobe products, Captivate is not as intuitive as Articulate. I'm biased here, but I think that Adobe tends to expect experts to use their product...so for users who have to jump and out of the too infrequently, the learning curve is steeper.

Marshall S.
Customer Relations Manager
Construction, 51-200 Employees

"Great Software"

Comments: Easy to use and a great tool for everyday operation.

Pros: The ease and functionality are what I like the most of the software.

Cons: This software is great and I enjoy using it.

Robin R.
Learning and Development Manager
Market Research, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Easy to Use and Affordable"

Comments: I'm still just getting set up, but I see Captivate being a huge asset to our company. I will be able to spend so much more time researching and creating learning programs because I won't be spending all my time managing spreadsheets. Captivate will improve the learner experience as well.

Pros: The software is very intuitive and easy to use. I was able to get a lot of it set up before my implementation call. The amount of time I will save is going to be amazing! The price point is very affordable. The minimum users is only 100, which is really nice for smaller companies.

Cons: Juggling between all the different levels (admin, author, instructor, etc.) was clunky. This may just be because we're a small company, so I fill all those roles and have to do a lot back and forth. But it would be nice if there was a level that just had access to do everything.

John C.
instructional designer
Retail, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/08/2017

"You'll love it if you are an adobe fan"

Comments: it's useful for creating e learning courses

Pros: What's great about captivate is that it works really well with the rest of the adobe suite, so if you started your career as a graphic designer you'd be able to transition to a career such as instructional design with that background alone. It's very easy to use and pick up and if you've other e-authoring tools like storyline and lectora you'll feel right at home. Great piece of software.

Cons: I found it harder to pick up than I did storyline and I think this is because of my experience with powerpoint and the fact that I learned that first. It's also not as robust as storyline however, this is offset by the adobe suite.

• Reviewed on 23/08/2017
Chinna B.
Software Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Using Adobe Campaign Tool for Sending out campaigns"

Pros: 1. Easy to build campaigns
2. Easy to store customer info

Cons: Need some more documentation in adobe campaign classic forums

Thomas G.
Professional Training & Coaching, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2020

"Not just for internal employees"

Pros: I use this both in my company but also through our partner channel and it is very easy to use for both. We can use what we need to where we need to.

Cons: I wish this came with more content, but I suppose I can easily get that from other sources as a bunch of them integrate. Maybe if they tied to a marketplace.

Nathan A.
Information Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2020

"Lots of Functionality but Cumbersome and Not Intuitive"

Comments: Lots of potential - but not easy to learn/use/manage

Pros: Has many features, many more than I'm sure I am aware of. The system looks really clean. Like being able to switch between types of roles easily.

Cons: It's been a huge struggle trying to get everything working properly. The catalog and recommended learning areas almost never show what I expect, adding filters in the catalog sometimes works and sometimes seems to do nothing. Revisiting the same page seems to have different results in terms of what courses/learning programs/filters appear. I've not yet found a good way to efficiently manage all of the courses, content, etc. from a high level. A course report doesn't seem to exist that shows me all courses, if they are active/deactivated, if they're assigned a learning program, etc. This would help a lot to find courses that are floating around and not assigned properly. The audit report is good, but doesn't give me a clear view into how things are setup today across all courses. We've sent several emails/tickets to Adobe contacts with no response back. The sales process was amazing and the technical resources doing the demo were extremely knowledgeable. The person who then helped us get implemented was very scripted and has since disappeared with no clear input on who we should contact with questions. Trying to just self learn it at this point, which has been frustrating.

• Reviewed on 30/01/2020
Artem V.
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/03/2018

"An Instructional Design Tool I Can't Live Without"

Comments: I utilize this as an instructional system designer to create courses while are delivered to the user via an LMS. Using SCORM reporting, thanks to Adobe Captivates ability to export in SCORM, we've been able to track problem areas in our courses by analyzing the usage data. This is a CPI that would not have otherwise been able to realize without utilizing a hearty instructional design tool.

Pros: Adobe Captivate's features scale to the user's skill and desire of depth of customization. One could make a simple slideshow with a voice-over and publish in video form or one could create a highly interactive, custom-coded, and immersive SCORM or SAML unit with several programmed learning paths all available on mobile devices of different sizes and PC/Mac.

Cons: I would like to see the interface updated to a flat UI with much more modern animations without having to import from a custom flash object.

• Reviewed on 17/03/2018
Claire U.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2018

"Adobe Captivate Prime - a highly recommended LMS"

Comments: We develop courses for various clients and often recommend a suitable LMS to the client depending on their needs. We develop our courses using Articulate Storyline so it is essential that the LMS is Scorm compliant and are always happy to recommend Captivate Prime as it meets the needs of a number of our clients.

Pros: We always look for LMS's that are SCORM compliant and were happy to see that Captivate Prime is. It is very user friendly. Course effectiveness is a useful tool, as an author, to ensure that the course is effective or if changes or updates are required. The iPad App is an additional benefit for learning on the go, allowing for synchronous learning. The administration side is also very easy to use which saves a lot of time.

Cons: It would be great if it allowed more social interaction between learners.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2018
James B.
Dir. Sales and Marketing
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2019

"Adobe Captivate Prime"

Comments: Used Adobe Captivate for years. However, the technology felt like it feel behind and other authoring software is more user friendly.

Pros: Great for its intended use. Great at authoring software/system courses. Price is on par with other softwares that offer similar features.

Cons: Lacks some of the creativity that other software provides. Not great at authoring interactive soft-skills courses. Not as user friendly as other elearning software.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2019
Brian A.
Phine room manager
11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"I'm a hands on type of person"

Pros: I like that I can track the LMS myself. It helps me to know what direction we need to go in real time.

Cons: The setup process was long and a little tedious but was necessary, they helped with training though.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Bhanu K.
Java Developer
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"Adobe Captivate Prime"

Comments: It was a great product but needs to be optimized and fix some issues.

Pros: Ease of use. Good Design and UI. Good Content.

Cons: Respose time. The authorization of user and linking to partners.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019