Adobe Captivate Prime Reviews

• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.8 /5
    3.9 /5

About Adobe Captivate Prime

Train employees, partners and customers effectively with a next-gen LMS that delivers an elevated learning experience.

Learn more about Adobe Captivate Prime

Cassie C.
HR-Training and Development Specialist
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/05/2019

"RAE Corp - Captivate Prime Review"

Comments: It has been good. I wouldn't say great. The customer support is good, very responsive and friendly but often they don't have a solution or explanation for what I need help with. The product is good. It's user friendly but sometimes it can be glitchy and doesn't seem to accommodate every thing that we need it to do in a manufacturing facility.

Pros: I like the new social aspects, developing content and always having fresh content is a huge tasks and I have a very small team so I can see how that will be extremely helpful especially for professional positions.
It is very easy to use, I demo's several learning management systems before deciding and this one seemed most practical and affordable.
My rep is great and very responsive.

Cons: The reports. It does an okay job of reporting what activities have taken place, but there is still a lot of information that we need that we cannot easily get. We have to do a lot of manipulating in excel to get the info we need. Examples: who can who has logged in but it doesn't tell you who hasn't logged in. You cannot export a report from the content library to easily see what all content exists in the system. Admins don't get notified or have a central place to review what is happening in the social aspect of the system or course discussion boards so it is very hard to control and make sure people don't post anything that would be considered unprofessional or misleading.
We need our employees to engage in and track their hands on training but they work in a manufacturing setting, they aren't at computers all day, they don't have access, and most don't know how, to upload a document to confirm they completed an activity module.
Because many of our employees don't have computer access on the shop floor they also don't have work email accounts so it would be extremely helpful for them to receive push notifications via text messaging, I know that currently exists for billing and password recovery I don't understand why it isn't possible for enrollment notifications.
Supervisors cannot communicate or do evaluations with their employees through the system. I know several LMS systems we demo'd did include that, I was suprised that Adobe didn't have something like that.

• Reviewed on 17/05/2019
Mitchell F.
Retail Training Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2020

"Solid LMS that's in the process of improving."

Comments: The software meets our needs, and hosts all content we need. It takes a lot of learning to grasp the system, and you will be doing most of the learning on your own. Certainly a competitive service. Definitely worth your consideration.

Pros: This software has all the features that you may be looking for in an LMS. It has some CRM features, can host all standard e-learning file types, has a social learning function, and allows for a solid user experience.

Cons: I didn't like how there is no method to execute all functions on the LMS without swapping between user profiles. Admin has certain permissions, as does the author and learner roles. It's your responsibility to learn which profile type does what. Additionally, the customer service is quite slow. If you're looking for quick support on the service, you'd be better off troubleshooting on your own. I rarely get an appointment with my CapPrime rep within the same week I request it. Finally, the system is inexpensive, but requires a big upfront cost. They currently only offer a 3-year commitment plan to the service. If I would've known about the speed of customer service I would've reconsidered our choice.

• Reviewed on 12/02/2020
Christy R.
SR. INSTRUCTIONAL DESIGNER
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

"Good LMS choice"

Comments: We are very happy with our decision on using Adobe Captivate Prime as our LMS. It has suited our needs and it continues to have enhancements made to it. I have enjoyed working with the Adobe team, and they have been very helpful in multiple occasions. We have received very positive feedback from our learners on the easy of use of this product.

Pros: Adobe Captivate Prime is very easy to use. Our learners had no problem fully getting up to speed with how to use it. We enjoy the leaderboard as a way of being competitive with others. As an Admin, I feel like it is pretty straight forward with regards to adding courses, learning plans, and content. The reports feature is very good and continues to get enhancements made to it. All our courses work fine in the fluidic player with no issues. I like the dashboard and My Learning as a way for learners to view the status of their learning.

Cons: I have noticed a few bugs in the software that were reported. Some issues have been fixed and some are still outstanding. I would also prefer to have more control on when my self-paced courses expire. Currently there is a default expiration of six months for courses we want to keep available for longer. Since we have over 400 courses in the LMS, it will be a long process of re-publishing all the courses when they expire. The technical support availability could be a little better. I seem to mostly receive my communication from them in the afternoons (CST). Sometimes it would be nice to get a quicker response when there is an urgent issue.

Training and Development Specialist
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

"Customer Training Tool"

Comments: Overall, we are new users, but we are moving forward at a good pace with our project and Captivate Prime has been fairly easy to set up. We are looking forward to expanding our use to internal employees and foresee a long relationship with Adobe!

Pros: There are several functions in Captivate Prime that have met the needs of our company. First of all, we needed to grant access to a course or group of courses to our customers based on a 12-month contract. The pricing structure and ability to purchase blocks of users on a 12-month schedule works perfectly for us. Also, we needed the ability to assign certain courses and certifications to specific customers. The Learning Plan feature is easy to use, contains just what the customer needs to complete, and we can set up an instance that coincides with their contract so that reminders are sent prior to the expiration date of the learning plan. One final feature that really met our need is the mobile app for customers who will complete our training "on-the-go". We really like that the lessons will pick up where the learner left off and allow them the flexibility they need.

Cons: There are several things I have had to research extensively to understand and it seems like they online user guide could be much more detailed. I don't understand why I can't delete User Groups that I created during testing now that I don't need them any longer. Doesn't make much sense. One recommendation I have is to disable all emails/notifications as you begin and then go back and select those that you want. There are too many in my opinion and they are redundant. I want to respect our customer's time and inbox - too many emails can be off putting!

Andrew G.
Learning and Development Manager
Building Materials, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2018

"A modern LMS with some standout features"

Pros: Easy set up and smart rules
There are several smart rules which can be built into ACP which allow automatic assigning of teams, courses and learning paths when someone is created or registered in the system. Other LMS’s provide this, but the way this is set up in ACP is intuitive and smart. It drastically cuts down the time needed to get people up and running on the LMS and will save the time that LMS administrators would usually take setting people up.
Offline Content
ACP seem to have done this better than any other LMS I have trialled. The ability to download all course content and use the system offline, while still experiencing the system as if offline, is a superior offering from ACP.
Publishing from Adobe Captivate
We already use Captivate to create our eLearinng content and publish our SCORM compliant training packages. Having a system that allows us to publish quickly and easily from our eLearning authoring program to our LMS saves time.
Instructor role
One unique part of ACP is having a dedicated instructor role which allows training instructors to log in and manage all of their training activities. Other LMS’s have this but tend to be quite complex. The way a user experiences this in ACP is simple and easy to use.

Cons: The software is a little pricier than other LMS's out there on the market.

• Reviewed on 15/08/2018
Wandajean J.
Digital Learning Evangelist
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2019

"Best in Class"

Comments: My team employed ACP to support a sales team. This team was frustrated with how cumbersome it was to load training onto the existing LMS and learners needed a better/mobile experience. We achieved BOTH with ACP. There's no turning back now.

Pros: The software is absolutely up-to-date. Learners have mentioned that the learner-centric interface and functionality are what they appreciate the most about this system. It's easy to interact with the content in the mobile app as well. They are motivated by the gamification options and by each other. Customer support is relatively fast and very personable.

Cons: Our Admin team setup mock courses and learning programs for testing purposes only. We went back in to clean out those test files, but the system would not allow us to delete them. We have to live with these test files in the archive. Not a showstopper, but it's silly to not be able to delete them. Also, there are some cases where the L&D team wants managers to review/grade their own employees easily. This was not an automatic option in the system.

• Reviewed on 13/01/2019
Amanda S.
Paraoptometric
Hospital & Health Care, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/10/2019

"Helping me Help People"

Comments: It is very positive, I am able to give the customer what they need because of this software

Pros: I am able to transfer glasses prescriptions and other documents from our EHR. I use it also to transfer contact prescriptions too.

Cons: It freezes sometimes and I have to restart our system. I think it might be the server our computers are linked to and not the Adobe.

• Reviewed on 19/10/2019
Mark J.
Specialist Technical Trainer
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"Abobe - The epitome of quality"

Comments: It was a bit of a challenge getting to know the finer details of the setup, but once that was done, it was an absolute pleasure.

Pros: The speed at which I can produce training material.

Cons: A few features or settings that are not easy to understand or use.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Eduardo S.
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/04/2020

"Very reliable, but fairly closed LMS"

Pros: The design is amazing, the skill-based system is very educational, the whole experience inside Captivate Prime is very good, for the course publisher and for the students. Integration with Captivate content is stellar.

Cons: I foud it a bit difficuld to "build my school" the way I wanted with it. I believe a more integrated approach with the outside world would bring more benefits for the Captivate Prime service. For the moment, it´s great to create and deliver courses themselves, but if we want to add outside resources or integrations we don´t have too much we can do. So if you intend to make a very modern, advanced course and study experience, Prime doesn´t allow you to go too far.

• Reviewed on 14/04/2020
Jeanne R.
SVP, Traning and Development
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/01/2019

"Jeanne Reder"

Comments: Great ability to provide our learners with courses that offer continuous improvement and on all electronic devices.

Pros: So easy to migrate SCORM files into the LMS. Easy for beginners to understand and navigate through all roles and environment.

Cons: I think that the reporting could be more robust. Would like to be able to run report on feedback by catalog.

• Reviewed on 15/01/2019
Associate Director Research Innovation
E-Learning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2019

"Adobe Captivate Prime in Higher Education"

Comments: Adobe Captivate Prime provided me with the tools to developed a gamified course. In today's teaching and learning, it just makes sense to gamify the learning experience​.

Pros: I really like the layout and features that Adobe Captivate Prime brings. I can easily see myself using the software for the classes I teach.

Cons: Adobe Captivate Prime's name was somewhat confusing since Adobe Captivate is a different software product. I am not sure if the plan is to merge both.
Adobe Captivate Prime's learning curve was higher than I first anticipated. I plan on purchasing the software and learning how to use all the features.

• Reviewed on 03/06/2019
Nando C.
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"video"

Pros: Video Stability Recognized brand integration

Cons: Price & difficult configuration confusion in communication

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Mihaela C.
Professor
Higher Education, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/09/2019

"Trial run of captivate prime"

Comments: I am using Adobe Connect. I feel Adobe Connect does not offer me the tools for everything I need. I am looking for an alternative that I can use for my online classes.

Pros: Very easy to use and user friendly for both me and the students. I liked that I could use this product to post notes, video lectures and everything that I need into just one place

Cons: The only thing I did not like is the cost that is rather high

Claudio ulises S.
Coordinador SISOA
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2018

"Adobe Captivate Prime. Fluid, Intelligent, Saves Time and Flexible"

Comments: Work intelligently and is productive until the end, import your Power Point slides in Adobe Capivate, introduce objects, animations and multimedia, easily update the content, it gives you the perfect resource for your online learning projects. Superate yourself.

Pros: The Tool surpasses itself, offers the most attractive interactive and independent content without complications, automatically transforms your old projects into flexible projects offering a great viewing experience with the integration of Adobe Typekit

Cons: The complexities in your tasks, is not to click the Adobe Captivate button.
Do not miss the opportunity to use all the resources that this tool gives you

• Reviewed on 28/06/2018
Digital Marketing Manager
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/11/2018

"Not standard Adobe"

Comments: The benefits of the program were soon outweighed by the amount of money and time/effort it took to produce a product we were happy with. Overall, it's not a horrible product. For someone who knows what they're doing (I only knew what I wanted, and was only mildly adept at using the product), I could see it being a valuable product to LMS work. In my company's instance, this was not the case.

Pros: The software itself served the purpose for which we purchased it. It has great functionality and export/custom options that allow you to do what you need.

Cons: The least impressive element about the software was how difficult it was to use. Unlike some other Adobe programs (which some may say are not very intuitive), this program required a lot of prior knowledge about logic/a programming mindset. The mix between Adobe Edge Animate/Muse and Microsoft Powerpoint made it a bit cumbersome to understand.

• Reviewed on 12/11/2018
Heather W.
Director of Learning and Development
Telecommunications, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/08/2018

"Great Product but and e-commerce engine is needed to support all facets of business."

Pros: From an Administrative prospective, I like the interface and the ability to quickly change between roles (Admin/Author/Learner/Integration Admin)
From an Integration Admin prospective, connectors are easy to find and access. Manuals for integration are easily accessible under Developer Resources.
From both an Admin and Learning prospective, I really like that they have a "Testout" function.

Cons: Prime does not seem to have any e-commerce ability to resell courses. (i.e. Sell courses to customers or partners).

• Reviewed on 29/08/2018
LMS Adminstrator
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/10/2018

"Here comes the intelligent solution to your LMS needs...."

Comments: Good solid solution to all your Learning, Training needs.

Pros: Adobe captivate Prime gives you a simple and intelligent solution for deploying elearning modules, presentations, learning plans and also keeping enhance the user engagement. Adobe Captivate Prime should be the foremost choice as the wealth of functionality that it provides is excellent when you compare it with other LMS tools available in the market. The "Fluidic player" that Prime has the ability to play MP4, PPTXs,, Adobe Captivate or Adobe Presenter projects, DOCX, SCORM or AICC packages. With this the adminstrator or the curator can add notes at any point to their content.

Cons: The modern user interface is extremely advanced, but cannot be considered intuitive. Smaller organizations (that does not boast of bigger audience size) might hesitate going for the captivate prime experience as it is costly compared to the other LMS tools available. Also, the interface might be little tough to master as experimenting with the software is a definite step needed to master it.

• Reviewed on 05/10/2018
Don R.
Graphic and Digital Designer
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/05/2019

"THE WORST ADOBE APP KNOWN TO MAN KIND (Captivate 2019)"

Comments: The worst program i have used in 32 years of full time graphic design.

Pros: Firstly, Ive been a full time graphic and digital designer for 32 years. I have used Adobe products from their inception. I love Photoshop, In-Design, Premiere Pro, Illustrator and use them all daily. CAPTIVATE
Absolutely nothing - Adobe should be embarrassed to have your name on the splash screen!!!
I did a 2 day course about 2 weeks ago and even the instructor reported its 'bugginess"

Cons: Really - where do I start. What's the point, you haven't replied to my actual bug reports so I won't bother here. I've been working full time on a 215 slide presentations and Captivate crashes, it's slow to respond to inputs and your "responsive" Fluid boxes display completely inconsistent result. Honestly it's shit and unfortunately, I have to live with it daily. Fix it!! We pay good money from you to have it, so make it work.

• Reviewed on 29/05/2019
Amanda B.
Instructional Development Manager
Real Estate, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2018

"Adobe Captivate Prime gives confidence."

Pros: Working with low prices and big brands always give confidence to users. I am using Adobe Captivate Prime like Photoshop. Just download and use in munites. Fast installation. I really like this new brand LMS. Just plug and play.

Cons: User-interface on mobile devices needs to be developed.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2018
Carlos T.
Training Director
Restaurants, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/05/2020

"Captivate Review"

Comments: I gave an opportunity to tired and experience with the product for 2nd time, but an e-learning that will take me, with iSpring /Power point to create within less than one day, it took me almost a week and still working on it on the 2nd week. This type of software at this modern age, must be much simpler to execute steps within the navigation and platform with all the technology available at this moment

Pros: The product has great features, but to much time consuming. Old fashion settings , using variables with something that should be automatized and much simpler.

Cons: Integration and actual navigation system.

• Reviewed on 14/05/2020
William B.
Senior designer
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Gotcha"

Comments: I use the entire Adobe suite and I apply various module to multiple customer uses on a weekly basis......Love it.

Pros: Captivate Prime is a very useful and helpful tool in exam, training and information delivery. Easy to use and very customizable to various uses.

Cons: Slight learning curve but most will adapt after a little play time with the software.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Akgner W.
Student
E-Learning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/05/2019

"Captivate Prime"

Comments: Great. Did the job.

Pros: Easy to access, game creation abilities.

Cons: Moved kinda slow on MacBook so it took longer for avatars to load

• Reviewed on 25/05/2019
Dan F.
Quality Assurance and Training Manager
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/01/2019

"Poor support, sales pitches, beware..."

Comments: Horrible experience, I don't recommend for any business. We got sold on sales pitches then uncovered surprise after surprise of things that weren't properly explained to us. Some things we were flat out lied to about, like the it having quiz functionality. The Clarix and Adobe reps are awful with their support and knowledge of the systems, took us 6 calls to find out the SSO won't work on Google, the Adobe rep was 30 minutes late to a call. Such a waste of time and money and I'm amazed how they've been able to sell a platform with so many missing key functions and lack of expertise. We are getting out of our contract before we even launched it. Save yourself and avoid this headache, don't let them fool you as they did us.

Pros: It looked pretty, it sounded great, and appeared to have all the tools we needed. It has a decent UI for learners.

Cons: No ability to create standalone quizzes or questions you must buy licenses to their auth tool, worst customer support I've ever dealt with, poor management of course visibility, cannot create 'versions' you must add new LO and deactivate old LO, cannot utilize their webinar function completely without buying licenses to Adobe Connect, no drive to learn our business and help us strategize the LMS to our business, SSO cannot be setup with Google, users cannot have more than 1 custom role.

• Reviewed on 22/01/2019
Benjamin Y.
Educational Technology Consultant
E-Learning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/09/2018

"Looks great but make sure it fits your needs"

Pros: Attractive and intuitive platform.
The all-in-one player dubbed the “Fluidic Player” makes adding content from popular providers simple with all require plugin preinstalled(PDF, PPT, and DOCX files, and xAPI-, SCORM-, and AICC-compliant packages).
Basic gamification with the ability to customize pages and complete for course completion points with co-worker is helpful feature to promote friendly competitiveness in the office.

Cons: Interactive content for Q & A, quizzes that would allow companies to check for user competency are not built into the product. Interaction from 3rd party products are available, but this is an added step and cost.
Data gathered on users is limited to completion of courses and time spent on courses. This data doesn’t provide companies with knowledge of user proficiency.

• Reviewed on 01/09/2018
Angel J.
Agency Support Specialist
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

"Adobe Captivate Prime"

Comments: Adobe Captivate Prime was a great all around software with a user friendly interface, supportive documentation, flexible options for integration and a pairing with Adobe's suite of software. If it were up to me we would have definitely used Adobe Captivate Prime.

Pros: The software was very easy to use, compatible with many external applications and came with great support for the product.

Cons: The cost was the only issue and factor that kept my non-profit from going with Adobe.