• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About Atera

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one RMM Software for MSPs and IT Pros. Fixed Cost with unlimited devices, Its that simple. Try for free.

Learn more about Atera

Brad G.
Solutions Director
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/12/2020

"Does almost everything we need."

Comments: Over all I'm really happy with Atera it meets many of our needs and does almost all that we need it too. Also their support has been top notch.

Pros: Atera offers us a solid foundation for running our MSP business. Atera makes it simple to support our customers with a interface that is easy to manage and use.

Cons: The business management side could use some work so that we could more easily manage all of our customers products and cost in a single location.

• Reviewed on 28/12/2020
Kevin M.
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2020

"The best software for an SMB MSP"

Comments: Overall this is an outstanding product. It has radical pricing, and integrates so easily with the rest of my business. With it's lightweight tools, I can run everything from a tablet even. New features are being brought out all the time, that I can choose to incorporate or not, and with the branding options, my customers see MY logo and my menu items. There is no better product on the market.

Pros: I run a small MSP focused on providing IT services to small (<50 employees) businesses. I have tried many software packages over the 15 years I have been in business, and all of them suffered from the same weakness. Ease of use/learning curve. They may have had some great features, but I would never get to use them because they were lost in a sea of confusion. The interface for Atera is clean, simple, and effective. You can do everything you need to without having to dig for it. If I have to search for a feature, I am not going to remember that it is even there to use, and with Atera, it is all laid out so well that it is intuitive. You open your account, setup your clients, and away you go. Nothing else even comes close to comparing

Cons: The only part that is clumsy in my opinion is the patching. Rather than approving patches, you exclude patches. Back when most of my users had windows 7 this was more of an issue, as I tended towards rolling out ones I knew had no issues, rather than selectively declining. The list of patches you are excluding becomes tediously long and difficult to manage, but with Windows 10, you can only put off patches so long before they are just going to be forced, so in reality patching, where it used to be a major part of our service, is now more of an afterthought.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2020
Paolo C.
Owner/technician
  • Reviewed on 22/12/2020

"Great value for money"

Comments: Just one word: great. I arrive in the morning, I go in the global devices seen and I immediately have the day organized. Just seconds. Alarms are in real time nd highly configurable. Thank you.

Pros: Simple, I love the way I can have everything at a look; RMM with small customers is critical for us. The way we can check, manage remotely machines (desktop but also scripts and commands) is all we really need. Integration is good also. And, the live chat is something great. We had Solarwinds RMM for many time. Yes, the product is more comprehensive and granular, but it's really too much for us and the cost is.... well, not sustainable.

Cons: At a first glance the seen is more similar to a videogame than to a professional product, but it's functional enough. It's the worst aspect of this wonderful software, but also the only one not completely convincing. I think that a more functional seen option should have offered to customers.

• Reviewed on 22/12/2020
Rich L.
Owner and MSP
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2019

"Highly recommend Atera"

Comments: Customers are happy that I can quickly and easily remotely connect to their computers and resolve issues. Generating reports for customers is very valuable as it shows what my customers are getting for the price they pay for my services. Having customers simply send an email for support tickets has greatly reduced call volume and made things less stressful.

Pros: Atera is very much interested in what their customers think and request for suggestions or improvements. Atera is affordable because they charge per technician instead of per end point. The Atera interface is fast and not bogged down with so many features that it makes it confusing and time consuming. I really like that the main features of support tickets, Alerts, and Reports are easy to get to and analyze. The support ticket system is quick and easy to use as a technician and it's great that customers just have to send a simple email to create a support ticket. Atera Reports are great to create and send to customers to show what is happening behind the scenes. Remote connection to customers' computers is another feature that works very well. Connecting remotely to my customers' computers is quick and easy. No messing around with codes or having customers download and install extra special software.

Cons: Not much to dislike about Atera. I would like to see the Alerts to be improved upon by making them not alert me every time a computer has a small spike in CPU and/or memory usage as well as temperatures. I would also like to see the Atera website more compatible with the new Microsoft Edge browser that is being released in January of 2020. Currently the support tickets' information details appear as narrow paragraphs. Currently there is no mobile app to get notifications of new support tickets and to access and edit current support tickets.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2019
Joseph S.
Computer Networking, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 10/09/2019

"Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature"

Comments: Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

Pros: The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Cons: Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you don't want to keep it. Then you can edit the original entry. Another big glitch, on the tickets there is a big description box to enter comments, but they do not show up on the time sheet/billing report or any other report. To get the technicians notes to show up for billing, you have to go back into the ticket and edit the individual time entry and type in a new description. The "comments" on the original ticket don't show up anywhere except by mousing-over the list of tickets - not on any reports. Only the separate description that you can only access by editing a ticket shows up anywhere. For us having to do so much extra manual work makes the ticketing/billing part pretty useless. It has a lot of potential, but still needs a lot of work. I'm hoping the ticketing and billing will improve, but for us the monitoring and alerting is really all we are able to make work for us right now. While the SplashTop works great, we are still using GoToAssist for remote support; since it gives a notes filed when a session ends that we can use for billing, until ticketing matures.

by Atera on 11/09/2019

Hello, Joseph!

Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product!

Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to see become more granular and customizable? If so, how will it allow you to improve your services/save time on the daily tasks?

In regards to having ticket comments displayed on reports, some users might find this bothersome. We do, however, understand the need for such a feature, and agree on the possibility of having it enabled or disabled. Since we are community-driven, we highly encourage you to post your suggestions on our Features Board, and once it gets enough traction from the community, it will be tackled by our amazing dev team.

• Reviewed on 10/09/2019
Aziz K.
Information Systems Lead
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Atera Review"

Comments: Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

Pros: The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

Cons: The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
John S.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2019

"Great product for the price"

Comments: I do love the simplicity of Atera. The support has been great anytime I needed them. I use it all day long and it has become a very important aspect of my work that would be difficult to do without. The price is very accommodating.

Pros: I use this everyday. I went with Atera because the price and they use Splashtop. I have been using splashtop for a year prior. The setup was easy. I can connect with my iPad which is a plus for me. They are always introducing features and since they switch to the new azure fabric, I have had no issues.

Cons: I really wish they had a task list with each client. So when onsite I can add or complete those task. I use another software right now that does that. They had lots of issues prior to the move the Azure fabric but looks like that move has help the stability of the product. The ticket and billing system does not flow for me. Maybe one day it will.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2019
Troy P.
Junior System Administrator
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2018

"Lightweight - Easy to Navigate - Decent integration"

Comments: Easy management of hundreds of endpoints/customers.

Pros: Splashtop is a very lightweight and easy to deploy streamer. The RMM client is also very lightweight and resource light compared to others. Email Ticketing and portal ticketing work very well. Reports and metrics are very comprehensive and easy to generate. The recent addition of a chat client was a great move, and adds a few steps of fucntionality. REST API (See Cons)

Cons: Quickbooks integration is available but is finicky. No matter how much we work with them to get the few wrinkles ironed out, it never seems to improve (Class types not populating properly once imported to QB) REST API is very powerful, until its not. There are a lot of options in the API, but there could definitely be more. They offer a community forum to request features, but any API requests seem to go unseen/unattenteded.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2018
Kyle W.
IT Consultant
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2020

"Great for Start ups!"

Comments: Altera has increased time and productivity with their remote tool suite helping access dozens of remote machines on foreign networks.

Pros: The IT and patch management paired with the remote capabilities makes this an essential tool for any small or startup MSP or consultants.

Cons: The ticketing and knowledge base are my least favorite modules of this software, however, both are serviceable options just not as polished as the remote and management tools.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2020
Neil T.
IT Manager
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2018

"A great PSA tool at a compelling price"

Pros: Atera gives me the tools I need to provide remote monitoring and management of my client's IT. It's got a robust and easy-to-set-up NMS, excellent remote access tools and automation is straightforward and intuitive.
Initial setup was very easy and I can deploy the agent via an installer or Active Directory. There is an Agent for MacOS which actually works.
There's a nice little client database for me to track client configurations and notes.
There is a helpdesk system that I do not use at present as I have another combined helpdesk/ordering/billing system that I have used for some time.
Atera charge by the agent, not the node, meaning it is incredible value for money and it enables me to be ultra-competitive on pricing too where the situation calls for it.

Cons: I really like the system and it's really hard to knock it. For a PSA tool it's just what I need and it suits me very well.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2018
John D.
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2020

"Atera replaced 2 other products for savings for this small MSP"

Comments: I am a small shop with dozens of clients in a tri-state area. It is so convenient to monitor, control and upgrade all of my clients from one location.

Pros: The agent is easy to deploy and customize. After that it's all in the browser. The IOS app works well in a pinch as a 5" screen is not my preference, but it beats pulling out the laptop for a quick fix.

Cons: I have not found any drawbacks for my intended use.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2020
Everton S.
Freelance I.T Support
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2018

"Atera Review"

Comments: I have not had to use their customer support as yet. I found the overall software quite user friendly and easy to use and i was able to get it setup, customized and deployed just by using their knowledge base articles. I also liked that i did not get a sales call the day after i signed up for the 30 day trial. I was able to take my time and play around with the solution and then they contacted me and offered me a walk through using my own setup so that the questions and answered were targeted to me rather than the general features and functionality pitch which i already read through on their website.

Pros: What i liked most about atera was that they included remote control software, a helpdesk ticketing system, patch management and Customer Management , plus more as part of their package with a single low cost fee licensed per technician rather than per device. This pricing model really made me take a good look at them and while there is still room for improvement the solution provided right now works very well for me and allows me to move away from the break/fix model and become more proactive with issues.

Cons: Coming from allows Corporate background i found their software inventory to not be up to what i was expecting. I am told this is being worked on and once delivered i may have to nit pick to find some cons

• Reviewed on 04/10/2018
Technical Support
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/01/2019

"Atera has a lot to offer."

Pros: Atera is the simplest backup, antivirus, Help Desk, and password organizer that I've ever used. It's so easy to use. Its very easy to put a system in Atera, add Webroot, and then back it up. The customers feature makes obtaining contacts, passwords, devices, and tickets as easy as possible.

Cons: Sometimes the website would crash and we'd have to wait for support to fix it. Other than that the cost was the biggest problem. We also had to move all our passwords manually, which took some time.

• Reviewed on 24/01/2019
Craig S.
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"Atera is the RMM/PSA tool I was looking for and couldn't find, but when I did it was amazing"

Pros: The most important part of the Atera software experience is the 'single pane of glass' approach to your MSP business. Tickets, Device Information, Customer Contact, Backup and Reports are all in the same console. Other RMM/PSA tools offer connectivity between different API linked software, but with Atera is all in one place - Brilliant !

Cons: A custom reporting tool would be useful, given we can add bespoke fields to the DB it would be good to then create reports which pull these bespoke fields into a report of our choice. Other than this 'feature enhancement' there is little I don't like about Atera

Michael F.
Systems Administrator
Computer & Network Security, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 23/11/2020

"MDF Consultin"

Comments: Everything has been pretty smooth. And when I had an issue your support team has been quite good. And I appreciate that.

Pros: Price. It appeared to offer everything I need as well as some of the things I want. But price was the big thing here.

Cons: Not as user friendly as I would like. But I need to spend more time with configuring it. The reports are good but I wish there there was a way to just export all your collected data to a csv file for local manipulation. I had high hopes for the SNMP part but not as easy as I would have hoped. A little out of my realm of knowledge I guess.

• Reviewed on 23/11/2020
BD Manager
  • Reviewed on 13/03/2018

"A great tool for a IT support helpdesk"

Pros: Great toolbox to ensure reports and service to our customers. With Atera I have fully daily focus on task and demands from our customers

Cons: Atera will be perfect if it could intergrade with a time registration platform, HR management tool Time registration on-site, or on project planning. simple report define by users

Stijn H.
Fractional CMO
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2015

"Cloud based MSP All-in-one software"

Comments: I've recommended companies that need helpdesk and monitoring software to look at Atera vs. traditional on premises solutions like Kaseya and connectwise. I always get great feedback from both the owners and the users about the ease of use and onboarding, and the value of pricing per user vs. pricing per device. And its truly 100% SaaS. The company is still small and does not have people on the ground in many countries, but does all the support remote and that seems to work well.

Pros: 100% SaaS, price per technician, per month. No long term commitments. Combines fully integrated suite for :
1. Technical management of the SMB’s networks.
2. Relationship & Service Desk management between the MSP and the individual SMB.
3. Internal Business management of the MSP’s Business.
4. Remote Control/Support of Servers, Workstations and Networks.
5. Integrated Cloud Services

Cons: Relatively new company. Product has been out for 1+ year now. No local support, but all online out of Israel. Only SaaS pricing (cannot "buy out" complete license), but it's so much cheaper vs. competition that this is no real issue.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2015
Devon M.
Regional General Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2018

"The software is very user friendly and allows us to quickly work with customers."

Comments: This software allows us to assist our customers.

Pros: The Knowledge base is extremely user friendly and allows us to categorize many of our tech notes for regular use. The customer organization is great, and it allows us to quickly access machines. Customer support is usually very quick to respond and provides helpful tools to quickly implement changes. Adding in internet security is quick, easy, and fairly pain-free. The script system is quite nice as well.

Cons: The biggest issue is that occasionally the Splashtop remote access software on the end users machines hangs, and it will display the machine as offline when it is not. Because of this, you cannot even run a script to repair the Services.msc, which means we have to use teamviewer or splashtop sos in order to access the machine.
The KB is great, but finding and editing them can be a pain. If they made a way to edit the KB from within it, it would be much easier.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2018
Brad J.
Information Technology & Services
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2016

"Is one of the easiest and user friendly products I have used!"

Pros: The program allows me complete support of my client base. I can access Atera from just about anywhere! It is the only product I have found that helps me to deliver the level of support I insist on.

Cons: Not much to say that is negative, just some basic requests for the wish list. They respond to requests promptly.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2016
Richard O.
Principal Consultant
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2018

"BLue Sky Tech Review"

Comments: Overall I am very impressed with this product and would recommend it to anyone

Pros: the best option on this software is the license by technician. I am a small company and this allows me and My consultants to access all client computers at a reasonable price. We love the features and the reporting. I am still learning all of the capabilities .

Cons: I may have missed it but I do not see the option to push software or files to the client computers. If that were there it would be the icing on the cake for this software

• Reviewed on 18/10/2018
Todd V.
  • Reviewed on 27/07/2018

"Wonderrful experience. Software is easy and full featured."

Comments: Easy remote access to all of my clients for the one cost is by far the biggest...

Pros: The remote connection is solid and painless and the cost is outstanding. The organization of clients is great as well. Oh, did I mention that the cost is outstanding? :)

Cons: Would like to see two stage authentication to access website as some of my clients have very sensitive data and the thought that their PC's are accessible by herely hacking my password no matter how strong is a little concerning...

• Reviewed on 27/07/2018
Karl R.
  • Reviewed on 02/04/2019

"KSRTECH Review"

Comments: Has been a good tool managing 100 desktops plus.

Pros: Ease of use and reasonable cost and responsive tech support

Cons: Getting the agents to communicate sometimes

by Atera on 17/04/2019

Thanks so much, Karl! We are happy to hear about your positive experience working with us. Please feel free to reach out to us at any time.

• Reviewed on 02/04/2019
Mark D.
IT Admin
Chemicals, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/04/2019

"Excellent Product"

Comments: Excellent product for managing users and their desktops and laptops where ever they are when connected to the Internet.

Pros: One "pain of glass" for accessing info on all computing devices in our environment. Doesn't require Intel VPro to run!

Cons: Can be slow at times accessing computers remotely using Spashtop RMM client.

by Atera on 17/04/2019

Thanks for the great feedback, Mark! We are happy to hear about your experience working with us.

• Reviewed on 08/04/2019
Tamer E.
IT Service Desk Analyst
  • Reviewed on 24/12/2020

"Great Features"

Comments: it's a great and easy tool, just a few more features and will be perfect

Pros: Many Remote Administration features, and tools

Cons: Need automated add Name reply in Atera, I mean when you reply on the ticket I don't have to add the name of the user it should detect it from the contact
Also, I want it not to count the weekends and the holidays in ticket time, need to be paused at those times

• Reviewed on 24/12/2020
David K.
Sysadmin
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Poor Performance and Support"

Comments: Poor.

Pros: It works sometimes. Its good for doing a program capture of a computer when deploying a replacement or update.

Cons: Its very unreliable. Connecting to remote PCs is unreliable. I have had issue being able to delete agents and profiles. The web interface quite often is unresponsive. Most recently for the past 3 days I haven't been able to connect to most of my agents for remote support. This new issue also complete broke my device filters and support told me I have to re create them. Like I'm not already busy enough.

by Atera on 07/03/2019

Hi David. We're sorry to hear that you had a poor experience - this is definitely not the service that we are aiming for. The issue that you described was caused while we were migrating to our new and improved infrastructure (MS Service Fabric), which was successfully implemented and now is working as expected. In fact, the new infrastructure allows us to rapidly release new features, greater agent and system reliability, higher system speed and more. You can find more info here: https://bit.ly/2XFhrcb . As always, we're here if you need any assistance. Thank you.

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019