15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Atera

Atera is the ultimate all-in-one remote IT management solution for MSPs, IT consultants and IT departments. Try Atera for free today!

Learn more about Atera

Pros:

Atera has all the features that we were looking for. Adding another device to monitor is easy and does not increase your costs.

Cons:

Lack of some of the features that are presented in similar prices products.

Atera ratings

4.6
4.5
4.3
4.7

8.9/10

Atera has an overall rating of 4.6 out 5 stars based on 349 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Atera before?

Robert
Robert
Information Technology Manager in US
Food & Beverages, 11–50 Employees

Atera is the clear winner in the IT management space

Comments: Atera has been great to use here at our company. It used to be a challenge to support the environment and relied on outside consulting support. We have been able to bring things fully in-house and realize faster response times as well as 6 figure plus cost savings in the IT budget.

Pros:

Atera was extremely easy to get setup and running in our environment. It provides easy visibility and management capability for all IT devices and issues.

Cons:

Atera has a couple of areas where a few tweaks could be made to either the interface or some of the features to make them really polished. Full functionality is available in the product however, and they listen to user suggestions and requests. They have a strong community where users can suggest new features, provide feedback for issues they discover, and learn about upcoming enhancements.

Alternatives Considered: N-sight, Kaseya VSA and NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Atera was the clear winner. It had the best feature set, most intuitive interface, and best value offering in licensing the product. The ongoing support and feature development promises continued enhancements to the product.

Paul
Paul
Technical Manager in United Arab Emirates
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Mid-level RMM and PSA solution

Comments: The combination of the helpdesk and RMM/PSA features means we don't use multiple systems to achieve our support objectives. The product is maturing and in active development, while not without a few issues. They are usually resolved fairly easily by Atera's support team.

Pros:

The cost is per technician created in the system, and it doesn't matter whether you have 5 or 5000 endpoints in your customer base. Pricing is predictable and stable. Atera has a features board where subscribers can see what features are recently added, approved for development, being considered or have just been requested, and of course can submit requests as well after checking through existing requests to avoid duplication.

Cons:

The helpdesk does not allow the technician to truncate the message trail when replying, so it often happens that the messages being sent between technician and customer get very long. Periodically, it would be helpful to truncate a reply so that only the last few messages are trailing the active reply. Reporting is an improving feature but there are not enough options to get reports just the way you might want them.

Alternatives Considered: ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus and Autotask PSA

Reasons for Choosing Atera: LogMeIn was charged per endpoint and Freshdesk didn't have alerts because there was no RMM or PSA component. We were using the free product at the time. We were looking for a unified package with easy costing and integration between RMM/PSA and helpdesk systems.

Switched From: Freshdesk and GoTo Meeting

Reasons for Switching to Atera: The low cost was more appealing and the feature set looked like it was worth pursuing.

2 years ago

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal Ateran! Glad to see that you are getting the value for money with our all-in-one Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution and that you found onboarding to be easy. And yes, the unlimited endpoints, is a HUGE draw for our customers. Thanks again for your review!

Alec
IT Manager in US
Real Estate, 51–200 Employees

Amazing RMM and PSA All-In-One!

Comments: We were bringing in our help desk internally and not using a MSP. Atera allowed for this to occur with ease! We are now able to manage our endpoints and tickets from our own dashboard. Having multiple different methods for employees to access help, like a KB or even direct chatting, is a huge advantage for us and helped make the transition easier.

Pros:

I love the integration of AI within the ticketing and scripting sides. It make everything easier to do and helps you out whenever you forget that one command to make progress. It makes implementation of maintenence scripts easy and makes you want to get in and start taking care of issues! Customer support is easily accessible as well and can help you out with whatever is needed

Cons:

There are a lot of menus to navigate. This can make it slower to get around until you are fully familair with the platform. Give it time though, it is well worth it!

Alternatives Considered: NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Ninja is a great RMM and ticketing system but Atera is worlds different. It is so feature rich the learning curve is well worth it.

Sara
Engineer in Italy
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

This review won't be positive

1.0 3 weeks ago New

Pros:

I tried Atera via trial. First of all you have install agent on your primary domain controller, you cannot use another domain client. Scan works only for machines on the same subnet of PDC. Even if you add another network to scan. So i uninstalled the program: the uninstallation does not remove the scheduled task (and the folder). You also have to remove manually namp e pcap. Agent uninstallation does not uninstall the remote access feature. You have to remove it manually.

Cons:

you have install agent on your primary domain controller, you cannot use another domain client (if you do so, the scanned devices will remain grey). Agent uninstallation does not uninstall the remote access feature. You have to remove it manually.

Medical Practice, 51–200 Employees

Great, Especially for a 1-person IT Department

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Atera has been wonderful. I am so glad that our organization approved trying Atera. We will be going from month-to-month to an annual subscription soon.

Pros:

Atera is a life-saver for a one-man IT department. They make it easy to onboard, and the free trial is nice. To get set-up they provide installation files or command line instructions for each OS. There is even an option to have a specific installer and command line instruction for each site. So, you run the command and that computer is instantly associated with that site. I do recommend that you give the computer a descriptive, but short, PC name, so that it is easy to locate the right device in the Atera system after onboarding. The app is great, and even allows me to remote in to devices from my phone or tablet. When I have been stumped on how to perform an action or set something up in Atera, they have a chat support feature that is easy to use, and is quick to get a live agent to assist. I use Atera every day, and it saves me time, and dramatically reduces the need to go out on-site. I set it up on about 200 devices spread over 175 miles in less than 2 weeks. I then trained the users on it, and we have been using it since.

Cons:

The only two things I dislike about Atera is that it is hard to find daytime (to me) appointments with demo and onboarding agents, and it doesn't pull in longer device names from the device's OS. Most of the demo and onboarding agents are based in Israel, I believe, so the timing is hard when living in the US. There are some 7 am appointments that I was able to find, however, so it worked out.

Alternatives Considered: NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Atera's pay-per-technician pricing just made sense for us. They don't nickel-and-dime either. NinjaOne, by contrast, was over twice as expensive to start out, but they wanted to charge extra just for a ticketing system and many other things.

Legal Services, 51–200 Employees

Essential tools for onsite and remote IT

5.0 last month New

Comments: This is the second company I have been onsite IT for while using Atera.
- Good tools
- provides the majority of tools needed for systems monitoring and support.

Pros:

Available via browser, stays logged in until it times out. I can get to any system that the agent is installed on to assist end users and to check performance and status.

Cons:

Wish there as a documentation tool, maybe there is and I don't have access per my access as a customer of an MSP. - Wish there was a way to see disk usage in the Metrics of each system, along with the CPU and Memory usage. - wish there were more useful scrips available.

Internet, 10,000+ Employees

I am fascinated with the management of it thanks to atera

5.0 last month New

Comments: Particular experience remotely viewing the resources of the software we develop has been very good, it has complete report management, it also has the ease of controlling the software remotely and it has a good quality of compatibility with third-party documents.

Pros:

I like that through its RMM functionality, Atera allows you to monitor and manage computer systems remotely. This can be useful for keeping servers and other infrastructure resources in good working order, which is crucial for software development.

Cons:

I think that its internal antivirus is not the most beneficial and best enough to meet the requirements of what my team needs. In this sense, I think that Atera is doing its part in security, it has not issued threat alerts when we needed it.

Ruth
Ruth
Budget Analyst in US
Automotive, 10,000+ Employees

Atera Is a Helpful and Amazing Tool for Remote Monitoring and Management

Comments: Atera gives incredible results to us. I am impressed.

Pros:

Since day one, the interface of Atera has been intuitive. I am also impressed by the accuracy and ease of use of the features and interface of Atera.

Cons:

Atera gives us accuracy and reliability whenever we use it. I have zero cons regarding it.

Maria
Information Technology and Services in US
Telecommunications, 11–50 Employees

The perfect platform for my company

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: Atera benefits me because it provides access and implementation remotely, automation for the writing og topics and allows me to solve multiple computer problems of users.

Pros:

Atera allows me to implement profiles efficiently and quickly, it is a platform that allows me to access and use its tools quickly and easily, adapts to my needs, is collaborative and allows me to automate processes.

Cons:

The space for tracking internal and external computer incidents could be simpler to use.

James
IT Administration in Canada
Music, 2–10 Employees

Atera Review - Steve Rob Music

Pros:

Atera is a very easy-to-use application, with abilities to add multiple technicians and service devices such as installing software or remoting into the device itself.

Cons:

The costs are a bit too high, and there could be a free tier plan which covers basic usage and has it's limits.

Aziz
Information Systems Lead in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Atera Review

Comments: Atera allows us to have a Help Desk system, remote login capabilities, and inventory management all in one.

Pros:

The amount of features for the price is hard to compete with.

Cons:

The user interface isn't as simple and elegant as other more expensive alternatives. Searching for devices based on serial number still hasn't been implemented.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Samanage and Logmein Central were a more expensive alternative. Logmein was also raising prices. Atera was able to replace both products.

Switched From: SolarWinds Service Desk

Reasons for Switching to Atera: TeamViewer is a much more expensive alternative.

Grant
VP of IT in US
Automotive, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Atera provides great value for the money

Comments: I've used Atera for almost six months and couldn't be happier. Very feature rich, and frequently adds helpful updates. A nice gui and a strong search engine make it easy to use. Patch management much more effective than my previous product.

Pros:

A pleasant gui and easy navigation are standout features. The strong search engine is very helpful.

Cons:

Some of the helpdesk is a little confusing and we're still getting the hang of it. Until it's tuned, it can be "noisy" with alerts.

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera: n-able could be a little too complex, and the per-agent licensing was getting very expensive. In addition, one of our techs accidentally deleted a location and there was no way to recover it.

Switched From: N-sight

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Can't beat the integrations and the per-user pricing.

2 years ago

Thank you for the kind words, Grant! We put a lot of work and effort into the GUI and seamless usage of Atera, and we are glad to see that they are being noticed.

Howard
President in Canada
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great product with improvements rolled out monthly

Pros:

Deployment through Group Policy is VERY easy as the installer is a very small MSI.

Cons:

Management for non-windows based machines is till not great. Mac OS deployment is very clunky and manual. Linux agent does not yet exist, but is apparently coming. Manually adding SNMP objects is still very clunky. The device layout screen is not customizable and looks like a wall of text. Atera has said these changes are coming, and their follow through this year on promised features vs deployed features is pretty good. So I'm optimistic this will be in place soon.

Alternatives Considered: TeamViewer Remote, N-sight, NinjaOne and Pulseway

Reasons for Switching to Atera: The per-user price point was good, and makes this a much better value than a Pulseway that charges per device. The free month gives you a good opportunity to evaluate it and shows that this product is a good value.

Joseph
Owner in US
Computer Networking, 2–10 Employees

Good foundation, but the ticketing and reporting needs to mature

Comments: Overall the Monitoring and Alerts work great and that's all we have fully implemented. The patch management and the remote management features do a great job. Hopefully the ticketing and reports will improve and we can start using them. For us, the parts we use are worth the price, but hopefully we can implement the other features. We haven't tested their integration with Webroot, since we had already standardized on Bitdefender. We also haven't tested their integrated backup solution since we have been using another product. We will be testing the backup to see how it performs, but cannot find any real reviews on it which has scared us away from it for now.

Pros:

The monitoring part of Atera is great. It allows a lot of customization, snmp monitoring and per-customer settings. Setting custom thresholds is easy. The dashboard gives exactly what we need to monitor all our customers systems at a glance. The ability to create a custom installer for each client saves a lot of time populating all the devices to the correct client. The per technician pricing with unlimited devices was a big pro over the competition. The patch management does a good job overall and being able to powershell into a computer to restart services and run commands without interrupting a user helps a lot.

Cons:

Reporting and ticketing definitely needs to mature. Reporting is very basic with almost no customization. You can create custom fields for devices, but there is no way to show them on any report. The ticketing is a very cumbersome process. Starting a ticket is easy, but if you try to edit one after the fact it forces you to create a new time entry email (yes email), that you must delete if you don't want to keep it. Then you can edit the original entry. Another big glitch, on the tickets there is a big description box to enter comments, but they do not show up on the time sheet/billing report or any other report. To get the technicians notes to show up for billing, you have to go back into the ticket and edit the individual time entry and type in a new description. The "comments" on the original ticket don't show up anywhere except by mousing-over the list of tickets - not on any reports. Only the separate description that you can only access by editing a ticket shows up anywhere. For us having to do so much extra manual work makes the ticketing/billing part pretty useless. It has a lot of potential, but still needs a lot of work. I'm hoping the ticketing and billing will improve, but for us the monitoring and alerting is really all we are able to make work for us right now. While the SplashTop works great, we are still using GoToAssist for remote support; since it gives a notes filed when a session ends that we can use for billing, until ticketing matures.

5 years ago

Hello, Joseph! Thank you for the long and in-depth review, we really appreciate the time and thought people like you put into helping us develop our product! Our Customer Success team will reach out to you, in order for us to better understand which features regarding reports and ticketing need improving, besides the comment implementation. Are there any specific reports that you would like to see become more granular and customizable? If so, how will it allow you to improve your services/save time on the daily tasks? In regards to having ticket comments displayed on reports, some users might find this bothersome. We do, however, understand the need for such a feature, and agree on the possibility of having it enabled or disabled. Since we are community-driven, we highly encourage you to post your suggestions on our Features Board, and once it gets enough traction from the community, it will be tackled by our amazing dev team.

Paolo
Owner/technician in Italy

Great value for money

Comments: Just one word: great. I arrive in the morning, I go in the global devices seen and I immediately have the day organized. Just seconds. Alarms are in real time nd highly configurable. Thank you.

Pros:

Simple, I love the way I can have everything at a look; RMM with small customers is critical for us. The way we can check, manage remotely machines (desktop but also scripts and commands) is all we really need. Integration is good also. And, the live chat is something great. We had Solarwinds RMM for many time. Yes, the product is more comprehensive and granular, but it's really too much for us and the cost is.... well, not sustainable.

Cons:

At a first glance the seen is more similar to a videogame than to a professional product, but it's functional enough. It's the worst aspect of this wonderful software, but also the only one not completely convincing. I think that a more functional seen option should have offered to customers.

Alternatives Considered: Kaseya VSA and Datto SIRIS

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Too expensive.

Switched From: N-sight

Reasons for Switching to Atera: More user friendly

Sean
IT Security Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 501–1,000 Employees

Atera, Dump the other options Pay per technician ONLY instead of paying for having too many devices

Comments: It made it possible to support my company during covid, without it there would have been chaos as so many of our users were using their laptops at their desks from their hire date some of them didn't even realize they were using laptops with docking stations and monitors. Atera allowed us to assist without hinderance.

Pros:

Our MSSP at the time had encouraged us to try to buy ConnectWise from them the bill was going to be 160k, this is because we have many stable systems and our users change very little across the network so we had 3 techs and 500 computers. Atera charges by the tech and gives you unlimited devices meaning our 160k bill which we Absolutely needed to have was converted to about 8k by changing from Connect-Wise to Atera.

Cons:

It forced me to learn to script because I now have the ability to deploy a script remotely on all devices, This is because Atera can reach any device connected to the internet, even when our users are not on our local network. I can still send command prompts or PowerShell commands individually but to really be able to maximize the function I had to learn to put a script into Atera with an MSI upload (since our devices are not always in the local network i am no longer forced to wait till they connect to push out a GP update) to run an install across all 600 of our devices at once. I guess you could say it was a blessing in disguise though.

last year

Hi Sean, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review for Atera. We are happy that you like our pay-per-tech pricing model, which allows you to scale and have unlimited end-points. It is also great that you have learned to script, although this was probably some work in the beginning: a real "blessing in disguise," as you said.

matthew
Founder in US

A great value on an RMM Swiss Army Knife

Comments: I was happy to see the faster alerts happening. Feature improvements keep coming on a regular basis. I have a pretty basic need with the software, so there are plenty of features I don't use. However the price keeps increasing for me because of these new features... most of which I don't use. Eventually the price increases may drive me to look for alternatives with "just what I need".

Pros:

I like the alerting and having the alerts trigger scripts. That gets to be really useful for mundane things like disks getting full and memory getting full. The community shared scripts are great to copy and improve on. There's a real wide selection there and it's very useful stuff.

Cons:

Granting customers remote access to their workstations is kind of "buried", I wish that had its own page for the controls and they were all close to each other.

last year

Hi Matthew, Thanks for taking the time to leave this review of Atera! So glad to hear you like the alerting and self-healing available in threshold profiles. Additionally, its great that you are taking advantage of the shared script library. Regarding your remote access feedback, please add this to our features board - it is a great suggestion. We understand what you are saying about the price increase. If you have more concerns, please reach out to [email protected] so we can go over everything.

Kevin
Everything in US

Very Satisfied

Comments: Came to Atera from Kaseya. (Kaseya, please don't buy Atera)So much more affordable. I like Atera enough that I pay annually now. I'm committed. Support is usually helpful. Rarely have to wait in a long queue.

Pros:

It's easy to use, the script library is growing and very useful.

Cons:

Splashtop remote access - It works well, but I would really like to be able to view multiple remote monitors at the same time!

last year

Hi Kevin, Thanks for taking the time to review Atera. It is great that you find the platform easy to use and price-efficient. Regarding viewing multiple remote monitors, this is not something that Splashtop offers. However, if you are on the growth or power plan, you have access to AnyDesk which allows you to do this.

Computer & Network Security, Self Employed

Great Platform for MSPs

Pros:

Atera has been great and my company has been through most all of the big name PSA/RMM combos. It was easy to setup, easy to use on a daily basis, and they are continuing to add features it seems weekly. Lastly, the cost compared to the other guys is so low, I thought there had to be a catch...but there is no catch!

Cons:

There are some automation options for ticketing and RMM that aren't available yet.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise ScreenConnect, N-sight, Rev.io, Zoho Desk and NinjaOne

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Cost and features

Switched From: Autotask PSA

Jason
Jason
Owner in US

Excellent value all around

Comments: This is the best value I have been able to find with all the RMMs, with all the features I need and many I dont, that i have been able to find at a good price point for any company size. I dont know that I could ask for more, very satisfied with this service.

Pros:

I love the amount of easy organization, the full functionality for device agent software, reporting, alerts, and overall ease of use that sits at the point of not being overblown and too much to work with.

Cons:

I have yet to find something I do not like, but I wish there was more granular control per agent on being able to select what is reported on for alerts.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise PSA

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Connectwise packages are more expensive and offer more then I would use as a small Service Provider.

Reasons for Switching to Atera: overpriced for small business affordability

Mark
Sr. Director of IT in US
Information Technology & Services, 201–500 Employees

Invaluable IT Management Tool

Comments: Great. Couldn't run biz without you...

Pros:

Remote connectivity and alerting of critical mass on server infrastructure

Cons:

Customer support... All I ever hear is this is going to be added to the application soon regarding features and wish lists.

last year

Hi Mark, Thanks for reviewing Atera - we are glad to hear that you find the platform "invaluable," and make full use of the alerting and remote connectivity capabilities. If you are having issues with customer support or are disappointed with feature implementation, I suggest that you reach out to [email protected].

Mike
Owner/CEO in US

Atera Review from Emulous Communications

Comments: It's been ok. It does become more costly than you think, pretty quickly. Would be nice if you have a lower tier price for a user that has access only to his domain.

Pros:

Simplicity. It's pretty easy to use and intuitive. Easy to find ways to fix issues within itself.

Cons:

The helpdesk and PSA portion leave a lot to be desired.

Alternatives Considered: ConnectWise RMM

Reasons for Choosing Atera: Cost and software distribution features.

Reasons for Switching to Atera: Pricing

last year

Hi Mike, Thanks for taking the time to review our platform. So glad to hear that you find Atera to be simple and intuitive. It is great. that you can fix issues within the platform, and be more proactive instead of reactive. If you have specific feedback regarding the PSA portion, please leave your requests on our features board. Alternatively, you can reach out to [email protected].

Donald
President/CTO in US
Computer & Network Security, 2–10 Employees

Best tool to break into the MSP arena

Comments: It has been 85% positive. It has allowed us to grow our business without bankrupting us in the process. It offers better than 80% of the features that the big solutions offer, at 10-15% the cost of the other solutions.

Pros:

We love the white label branding and the assorted options to access our clients via multiple remote tools.

Cons:

There are not as many vendor integrations with other MSP tools as I would like. It took us a while to find an outsourced NOC and Help desk firm that would use Atera.

2 years ago

Thank you for the review, Donald! We are glad to see that you are enjoying using Atera and saving serious money while at it. In regards to vendor integrations, please feel free to make suggestions on our features board, as well as functionality suggestions.

Adam
Director, Managed Services in US
Information Technology & Services, 11–50 Employees

Great Bang for the Buck!

Comments: The scaling based on per technician is the best in the industry. I really like the way this helps an MSP grow.

Pros:

The information related to critical hardware counters and inventory is something that provides immediate value.

Cons:

User assignment doesn't allow for one user to be attached to multiple hardware platforms. We have a number of situations where a client has multiple systems.

Alternatives Considered: SolarWinds Service Desk and NinjaOne

Reasons for Switching to Atera: The per technician billing

2 years ago

Thank you for your review and for being a loyal Ateran! Glad to see that you are getting the value for money aka best "bang for your buck" with our all-in-one Remote Monitoring and Management (RMM) solution! Obviously, the unlimited endpoints is also a nice bonus

Pratham
Mean Stack Developer in India
Staffing & Recruiting, 11–50 Employees

Great tool with lots of helpful features and ease of use

Comments: Via their remote access capabilities, they were able to resolve the issue of face-to-face consumer interactions during the Coronavirus. As a result of Atera's increased solutions and partner integration, my work was centralised and enabled for more dynamic administration. Connecting quickly allows you to install any needed software and drivers. Several customer visits are avoided thanks to Atera. Atera responds to bugs and problems and adds new features on a monthly basis.

Pros:

Sincerity speaking, automation is what I value the most. It is simple to use the ticketing, install the agent, and connect the devices to the appropriate business. Quite steady, in fact. I get new features rather often because of continuous product development. It also offers me options for third-party integration. It significantly aided us in streamlining our system automation, system health monitoring, remote administration, and IT support. giving us insights that were previously only attainable when the computer was physically present within our network.

Cons:

Tickets cannot be given to customers at a specific time, such as a ticket that would become active tomorrow at a specific hour. Indeed, the blade has two edges. The price continues rising while they keep adding things. I wish the bottom tier were consistent. Device discovery via networks is an extra cost. My mid-tier subscription ought to contain this function. For accurate reporting, systems will occasionally need to have the Atera service re-enabled.