• Overall
    4.7/5
    4.6/5
    4.7/5

About Kintone

Think about it. Build it. Kintone's visual application builder lets you create and customize enterprise apps, zero coding required.

Learn more about Kintone

Philipp S.
Head of Finance and Administration
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Great software which allows to quickly optimize analog processes. Fits small and large organization "

Pros: Very easy to develop forms and workflows. User driven. Allows to deploy apps fast and supports quick changes based on user needs.

Cons: The mobile version needs improvement and is not as user-friendly as the desktop version. A better mobile version would greatly add to the overall value of the software.

by kintone on 01/05/2018

Thanks for the review! I will pass on your feedback about our mobile app. We are currently in Beta testing for Kintone Roam, a new version of our mobile app. This new app is intended for in-the-field Kintone users. If you'd like to check it out, please email [email protected]

Tara J.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/05/2020

"Takes the Stress Out"

Comments: I have accurate reports, solid information and feel confident in my presentations because of the ability to have reports at my fingertips.

Pros: I love that Kintone allows me to retrieve our data in an easy to understand way. I can pull reports, manipulate them and present the data easily.

Cons: I wish it were a bit more flexible in regards to searching for information.

• Reviewed on 19/05/2020
James C.
I.T Analyst
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"New I.T Analyst using Kintone for about 6 months now"

Comments: I've built a lot of apps for the company I'm with including a Gas Mileage Tracker App where I wrote a script that connected to Google Maps App and gave us the distance in miles and how much that was in dollars. I enjoyed it for the simplicity and how easy it was to get started building an app. Also the fact that the scripts use Javascript instead of some made up language is also good since most developers have been introduced to either Javascript or Java by now.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use and learn and set everything up. One of the advantages I think it has over most of the products in the same line, is how easy it is to set up process management and to assign roles to everyone on the team. For newer companies without anyone that's tech suave, I would definitely recommend Kintone!

Cons: Compared to other Services like Zoho Creator, there really is not much room for customization in the apps and the fact that you have to use another service to generate forms to input into the database is also bad because if you are not a user with Kintone, then the data cannot be accessed.

Hi James,

Thank you for your feedback! With our open API's, the customization possibilities are endless to transform your apps. I'd be happy to connect you with a Sales Engineer to review any requirements you have in more detail.

There are a couple of options to display your data to those not inside Kintone. You can purchase a Guest Account which allows users to access a specific Space in which they were invited to and view the data from there. There is also an add-on called kViewer that allows you to display information inside Kintone with those outside of Kintone via a URL.

Russell B.
Consultant
Information Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Great Value and Easy to Use"

Comments: Great, customer support has been easy to use and the staff is very knowledgable about the product.

Pros: Kintone is easy to customize without coding knowledge and offers almost all of the functionality of products that are 5x as expensive.

Cons: Integrations with other programs need to be refined and the ability to reverse a step in the process management system would be really helpful.

by Kintone on 18/06/2020

Hello Russel,

Thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear you enjoy Kintone's flexibility and functionalities! As for the integrations, we have Kintone Developer Program; Help and support on plugins, integrations, technical
assistance can be found here.

Kintone Developer Program: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us

You can set up Process Management so the status can be reversed. I would be happy to connect you with your Customer Success rep to help set this up on your domain!

Our team is always glad to help you if you need any further support.

Ben C.
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Great product!"

Comments: We have automated our quoting process, our freight shipping process, our purchasing process, and many other procedures with Kintone. If there's a problem, chances are, we can fix it with Kintone.

Pros: I love the custom nature of the software and the ability to customize every app with JavaScript. Offbeat Press is a custom screen printing company so everything we do is custom and we need a software that can keep up with all of our custom needs. Kintone does that.

Cons: If you don't have experience with JavaScript, it can become a little more expensive for various add-ons, but not much. And, at the end of the day, that's not a con against Kintone. It's a con against whoever is building the apps.

by Kintone on 17/06/2020

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you enjoyed the flexibility of our product.

As you may already know, we have Kintone Developer Program for help and support on plugins and integrations.

Kintone Developer Program: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help!

• Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Program Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Kintone - bringing the team together"

Pros: This software is most helpful in the way that everyone can stay connected while having clearly defined roles for each user. No one sees anything they are not supposed to see. As the administrator, I am able to see everything in one place which is tremendously valuable in how much time it saves.

Cons: It does take a lot of time to set up the software. It is very much an investment that will pay off, but you need to be ready to spend some time getting it to where you want it to be.

by Kintone on 05/06/2019

Thanks so much for your feedback! Happy to hear you are making good use of our awesome permission settings!

Mary kaye W.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/08/2019

"Kintone Platform Review"

Comments: Great support.

Pros: Love the use of plug-ins and modular programming. As a former Sr. Sys. Analyst in the utility industry, I was impressed with the ease of use of the Kintone product and the ability to come up to speed to develop a useful program.

Cons: Did not find any negatives. Looking forward to the evolution of our software.

by Kintone on 05/12/2019

Hello Mary Kaye,

Thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear you are satisfied with Kintone, and find our product user-friendly. Please feel free to reach out if you ever have any questions or assistance.

• Reviewed on 25/08/2019
Silvia elena A.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees

"LOve it"

Comments: Really good

Pros: Love to used and the ability to customize existing apps

Cons: relationship between apps when you change this over and app it doesn't change it automatically we have to upadate :S

by Kintone on 18/06/2020

Hello Silvia,

Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you love our easy to use, customizable product.

If you're currently using Lookup field, I might recommend using Related Records. Related Records will be updated automatically when the changes are made on the source app. Another way you can update your records in an app is to import from an Excel or CSV file. I've included a link below on how to update records in bulk.

Help Center: https://bit.ly/3d4yCLD

Karen M.
Project Management
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2020

"Highly recommend Kintone to improve your efficiency"

Comments: Wonderful. Only criticism I have is that I wish, as a Partner, I had more access to some actual apps. I do not find the already completed templates that helpful. It is much more helpful to see it actually in use for different companies. I completely understand customers right to their own developed software, but as a Partner who has signed an agreement with you, I would think that my company could have access to look at different 'in use' apps with the understanding that they would not be shared with customers. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] is helping us to get access to apps one by one, but it has been a slow process that has delayed our sales effort.

Pros: Intuitive and easy to use. Helpful employees. With a bit of help from Kintone, able to do everything I have needed from a somewhat complex lengthy first project.

Cons: No. It could work a bit on its appearance (ability to easily change colors on background, font, etc.) but for its functionality, ease of use and ability, it's top notch.

• Reviewed on 16/05/2020
Sean R.
Web Administrator, IT Support, Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"Kintone simplifies data management at the cost of some functionality"

Comments: Kintone has drastically improved our non-profit organization's ability to collect and manage data. An NPO lives and dies on the accuracy of its data. With Kintone, we are better able to present the effectiveness of our services to potential donors and grantors, improving our ability to earn more and better grants, leading to better services for our clients.

Pros: It is incredibly simple and fast to get a new app built and launched. Some of the smaller ones go from idea to launch in a matter of minutes. These are programs that would have taken hours or days to develop in Microsoft Access.

Cons: There is some basic functionality that I expect in any database or data management software that Kintone lacks. For instance, the ability to have a drop-down menu that also allows for a user-typed input (what Access calls a combo-box). If this existed in Kintone, it would help me to simplify a great many apps.

by kintone on 01/08/2018

Hi Sean,

So happy to hear Kintone has been a success for your NPO! As far as the product features, I'd be happy to submit your feedback to the team for review. In the meantime, there is always the option for customization within your domain. If you'd like, I'd be happy to get you in touch with one of our Sales Engineers to review. Just email [email protected]

• Reviewed on 19/07/2018
Co-Founder
Nonprofit Organization Management, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"The People make the Product"

Comments: Transitioned a complex database with many "many to many" relationships which don't seem to something the designers at Kintone make a priority but thanks to experts and determined support from the team, we've figured most things out. We have a lot of work to do yet and it can feel daunting but thanks to the support, it is doable.

Pros: The support. Figuring things out wasn't intuitive for me and without the support team, I'd likely not have seen the transition through. The team was unbelievably patient and kind and smart about ensuring we didn't get it fast...but correct. Support team truly was the best value and made all the difference in the world.

Cons: Challenging to use and learn.
Lack of comprehensive tutorials.
I would always search first for help but only found very basic guidance which made me feel terrible for always having to turn to support team to figure things out. The product is great if you are very tech savvy and have advanced skills... or if you have the team for support. But if we had to go this alone, we'd never have endured.

Hi there,

Thank you for your review! Our support team truly appreciates all of your feedback, and we're always happy to help whenever you need it. Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever need assistance!

Kimberly G.
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"Kintone Makes Reports Easy"

Comments: The data allows me to understand our target audience and see when the dynamics of our audience change over time. For example, we always assumed that 90 percent or more of our audience was low income. Now that we have more data entered into Kintone, I see that our audience is 80 percent low income. This reflects the shift in our local population, but it wasn't until we had more data in Kintone that I could see our assumption was wrong.

Pros: It's a comprehensive database that helps me wrote reports to funders. It allows me to customize the data I collect and easily make changes as needed.

Cons: I wish there was an app that I could easily use on my phone in the field without having to use the desktop version.

Hi Kimberly,

Thank you for your feedback!

We've been making some major updates to our Kintone mobile app since the beginning of the year. This will allow you to work on your phone from anywhere. It is available in both Google Play and the IOS store.

Remus M.
Head of Production and Quality
Apparel & Fashion, 13-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Data made easy - no experience necessary !"

Comments: Excellent ! While the self serve help center has its limitation , my overall experience is positive because when I reached out to someone in the Kintone team , I always got the answers that I was looking for.

Pros: I like the fact that I was able to figure it out by myself , without the need to run to IT , as we all know that once IT is involved you usually get something that work for them and not for the end user.

Cons: There is nothing I dislike , although I would want to see a more in depth self serve help center . In the current form when you search for solutions on how to solve a problem ( problem in terms of figuring out how to build exactly what you need, not system being down or the like) you might get lucky and find something that will help you. In my view , it would help if customer generated "help solutions" would be made available.

by kintone on 24/01/2019

Hi Remus,

Thank you very much for your review! We're always looking for new suggestions for our help center and support, so we appreciate your feedback and are happy to help any time!

Founder and Chief Executive Officer
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2019

"Made it easy for a caveman"

Comments: I am not a developer. I know how to spell HTML. The Kintone team took a concept I had and created a comprehensive client evaluation audit and scoring system that included multiple client support apps, like action planning. From day one until we were able to start testing initial versions was fast, fast, fast. The development time was a matter of months from start to roll out. The people we worked with were wonderful, honest and smart. The only challenge was that since I am not a "techie" - there were times their communications were a bit over my head. But they eventually learned how to communicate better with a novice like me. I was very, very pleased with Kintone and the platform they built and manage for us.

Pros: The system is quite robust, has multiple applications (audit, reporting, support materials, action planning), and easy to use.

Cons: Multiple clients cannot be working on their audit at the same time.

Hello,

Thank you for your review and our team is very grateful for your feedback! As you mentioned, Kintone is a very robust system that can be designed however you want it to be, and we're happy that we were able to help turn your concept into a system that works for you!
Let us know anytime if there's anything else we can help you with!

Administrator
Security & Investigations, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Kintone review for security services"

Comments: We needed a solution to house all of our client communication, customer contracts and unique services, equipment, billing information, CRM, document library, post inspections, and more. We are able to do all that and more and customize it exactly as we want it.

Pros: The software is customizable to any need.
The apps are able to be tied together through related records which is vital to our business.
There are many standard apps that can be downloaded for free and edited and/or used as a model instead of building an app from scratch.
Customer service for Kintone if very responsive and able to send an app template to assist when a premade app is unavailable. The template can then be installed and customized to suit the unique needs of the user.
History is tracked in each app to show the changes made over time. This is an extremely useful feature.
The entire interface is user-friendly and easy to learn.

Cons: I would like to be able to customize the portal and change the layout (such as move the location of the spaces and announcements).
While there is a lot of information in the help section, it could be formatted in a more user-friendly format.
I would like to be able to change the order in which the apps are listed in the apps section.

by Kintone on 05/06/2019

Thank you for your positive feedback!

Karlee C.
Community Coordinator
Alternative Dispute Resolution, 2-10 Employees

"Happy with Kintone!"

Comments: Kintone allows us to be as detailed and specific in capturing information as we desire to be while remaining clean & simple to use. We feel confident that we will be a more successful organization because of Kintone.

Pros: This software is completely customizable. It is easy to use & makes us feel empowered in the success of our organization.

Cons: It takes some additional steps to get all of reporting done than the site we used previously. However, the detailed information we are capturing, the customization of that information, especially the transparency of knowing exactly how that information is being captured & translated, outweighs the additional time reporting takes.

Hi Karlee,

Thank you for your review! Really happy to hear about all the great things you and your organization have been able to accomplish with Kintone. We're glad that our platform has been able to help you grow!
Please feel free to reach out if you ever need help with anything!

Darryl C.
Sr. Operations Mgr
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Kintone Ease of Use "

Comments: Management of rotations of equipment to be sent for kitting program

Pros: I'm a manager and I'm not in the system daily. The ease of use for me to access and have a dash board with all of my info. The dashboard lets me review the required data without having to reapply my search parameters. Also, finding new info or updating my dashboard is simple.

Cons: Nothing found as of yet. If something occurs I will reach out to Kintone

Hi Darryl,

Thank you for your feedback! The Announcement section of portal home makes it easy to keep up to date on all your information.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions.

Betsey T.
Network Administrator
Wine & Spirits, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Great process management software"

Comments: We picked this software in order to fix a paper based process that had gone wrong After we made the first application we've made 30 more for different processes in our company. I can't say enough good things about the software and how it has helped our company.

Pros: User friendly GUI
Easy learning curve for programming
Notifications
Process management
Great support
Adaptability

Cons: There is nothing that we dislike currently

by kintone on 08/01/2019

Hi Betsey,

Thank you for your feedback! We're very happy to hear about all the apps you've developed and how Kintone has worked for you!

Remus M.
Head of Production and Quality
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Makes managing data "manageable" for the non-IT employees"

Pros: Most functions are easy to use .
Easy to create your own database from scratch or by migrating data from various files.
Love the fact that I was able to add 1 user at a time - allowing me time to learn and pass on some knowledge to the next user .
The ability to link multiple apps thru very useful functions ( lookup ) works perfect for me

Cons: Online support ( help ) - very limited - when trying to find some guidance on how to set up your "newly invented " app , if you search the HELP or "google it" you will not get many answers or very well explained answers.

by kintone on 01/05/2018

Hi Remus! We are currently updating all of our help materials and would love to hear any specific feedback you have. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] if you ever need assistance. Our team would love to review your apps!

Bridget C.
Assistant Logistics Manager
Automotive, 201-500 Employees

"Perfect Applications"

Pros: This software is great for all uses at our manufacturing facility, from daily shipping audits to hourly quality checks. It is user friendly across all devices which is a big help.

Cons: There are no issues found at this time with the software.

by Kintone on 03/06/2020

Hello Bridget,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Kintone, and find our product user-friendly.

Our team is always glad to help you if you ever have any questions.

Barry S.
Adjunct Faculty
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"Excellent drag and drop database builder"

Comments: I liked the software. It has helped us find an easy way to track certifications for our organization.

Pros: What I like most about this software it is super easy to build a database with drag and drop. Also, if you need something more advance there is a custom development team that is affordable

Cons: I think the look of the user interface needs to be updated. The visual design needs work as it doesn't look visually impressive compared to some tools.

by kintone on 01/05/2018

Hi Barry, thanks for the review! So glad you're loving our drag and drop feature. It sure does help to build your custom apps with ease. I will pass on your notes about the user interface to the team.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Compliance Officer
Textiles, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2018

"PHENOMENAL PRODUCT!"

Comments: TONS. We originally started using Kintone to develop a Supplier Portal for our international suppliers. This is currently in use. We are now working to develop a portal for our design and sales department - housing the core processes of our custom manufacturing operation.

Pros: It's flexibility, ease-up use, and because I'm a database nerd - the database on the back-end is setup exceptionally well. EXCELLENT, EXCELLENT structure and overall product.

Cons: There really isn't anything to NOT like about this software. I do see some areas of potential however - for instance - maybe adding a matrix feature in the app dev part. But nothing to complain of.

by kintone on 01/05/2018

Thanks so much for the kind words! Glad to hear you are expanding your Kintone use throughout your company. Let us know if there is any way we can help as you onboard your new users.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2018
Troy S.
Plant Supervisor
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2019

"Kintone Support / Ease of use"

Comments: Very good experience. I recommend this software to everyone. If you are looking for paperless and an increase in productivity when it comes to entering data.

Pros: The support is very good. The software has made things a lot easier and faster for our production floor. The apps are easily built to our needs.

Cons: Ability to organize Apps in Categories.

by Kintone on 26/07/2019

Hi Troy,

Thank you for your great review! Very happy to hear about all the great work you've been able to accomplish with Kintone, and our team is always glad to help if you need any further support! Feel free to reach out to us anytime!

• Reviewed on 03/06/2019
David L.
Board Member
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"Customizable and Powerful"

Comments: My experience has been very positive. Customer service has been amazing and I've been able to reduce a lot of paperwork that's done manually.

Pros: Started off by drawing out what I needed for a pet management system. There are a lot out there that don't do everything we needed but did a lot of each specific category. We have now customized and created databases to track our cats (we're a cat rescue), their statuses, any medical visits and costs, and our donors, adopters and fosters. We're only a month in! Hopefully, we can continue to move our paper processes to Kintone. Also, customer service has been amazing. I spent some time on a conference call with the reps and we were able to get through all my questions.

Cons: I can't honestly think of anything I don't like. Maybe convincing everyone to start using it to track everything.

by Kintone on 02/01/2020

Hello David,

Thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear Kintone is helping you improve your tracking process. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Michael D.
IT Consultant / Client Services / Volunteer at Christmas Unlimited, Inc.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Easy Setup for a non-Techie"

Comments: I chose Kintone because the sales rep was so much more involved and helpful than any of the other products I was considering. She was able to get me up and running with the free trial in less than an hour. Kintone really is easy to use. And even though I had a few roadblocks during the setup, I was able to find the answers online or through Customer Support.
And the fact that Kintone is a database as opposed to most CRMs that are built for the sales team, I was able to build the solution I need.

Pros: Kintone is easy to use. I was able to get it up and running in less than an hour (although it took several more tweaks to the setup before I had it working the way I wanted). Customer Support is excellent as well.

Cons: While many parts of the software are well-designed and look really good, there are parts of the software (like the Admin section) that look older and could use a re-design.

Hi Michael,

Really glad to hear you've been loving Kintone! As you mentioned, anyone can create a build on Kintone that works for them. Our team appreciates the feedback as well! Feel free to reach out to us if you ever need help with anything!