• Overall

About kintone

Think about it. Build it. Kintone's visual application builder lets you create and customize enterprise apps, zero coding required.

Learn more about kintone

Elizabeth L.
Chair
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2018

"Not for Profit Database Use"

Comments: I think the most important for us is the customer service. They don't treat me any different than a larger company and everyone is considerate, clear speaking and knowledgeable. Mot databases are pretty much the same when using it on a small scale so I went with the fantastic client service and the affordable price point for our little non-profit food shelf.

Pros: The price point is exceptional and made it affordable for our small town food shelf . We use it to track donations and for fundraising. It user friendly and has saved me at lot of time. It converts easily back and forth between Kintone and MS Excel which is exactly what I needed. Thanks Kintone!

Cons: My fellow board members found it a little clunky being so familiar with excel.

by kintone on 07/01/2019

Hi Elizabeth,

Thank you for your feedback and we're happy to hear about all the great things you and your organization have accomplished with Kintone!

• Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Teresa C.
Senior Buyer
Cosmetics, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2020

"Amazing Customer Service and a great product."

Comments: I had a very positive overall experience and would recommend them to anyone.

Pros: This software is very easy to use-even for those who aren't very tech savvy. I scoped the market for a system that was easy to implement and offered just what we needed without any extre bells and whistles that we didn't want to pay for. This perfectly fit our needs. The cost is very reasonable as well. The Kintone team offers the best customer service! They make themselves available on the spot for you and are the kindest, supportive team I have worked with in a long time. They work really hard to get you what you need and are very accomodating. Most important, they are fun, nice people.

Cons: I do not see any cons. My experience with the Kintone Team and the software has been positive.

by Kintone on 20/08/2020

Hello Teresa,

Thank you for your wonderful review! We're glad your transition went smoothly and that you had a good experience so far.

Our team is always glad to help you if you need any further support.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2020
Justin D.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/02/2019

"AMAZING"

Comments: This program is amazing! Our office grew extremely fast and ran into a problem of organization and remembering things that needed done. We customized and made apps from scratch to remind us of tasks and customer calls that needed returned. WE even use it for time off requests and receipt/expense tracking. Kintone made us boost our customer service exponentially by making much for efficient. Thanks Kintone!

Pros: Everything. Love the ability to customize apps from scratch to help our business.

Cons: The mobile app is a little clunky and visually not too appealing. It still works well though!

by Kintone on 28/02/2019

Hi Justin,

Thank you very much for your review! We're really happy to hear about all the ways Kintone has been able to work for you and your office! Our team is always available to assist you if you need it!
As for our mobile app, we're preparing to launch some big updates, and I'll reach out to you when we're ready!

• Reviewed on 12/02/2019
Director of Evaluation and Technology
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2018

"Easy to use no code database platform for a nonprofit. We use it to track services and share data."

Comments: Easy to set up and share information. Being abe to attach files to records is great. Best are the analytics - other online databases we used did not crealize charts or pivot tables. Exportability.
We are able to share data and staff can use the easy tools to create their own reports.

Pros: Analysis capacity. I can create pivot tables and sumary reports easily. Allows our staff to look at data without relying on Evaluation or tech department support

Cons: Nothing really. Only things I would like would be ability to run video files and preview all file attachments in the site, not just download to view.

by kintone on 25/05/2018

Thank you for your feedback! I would like to mention the Box Plug-in we have available. This plug-in allows you to preview documents and watch videos within your app without having to download the file. All you need is Kintone, a Box account, and the plug-in information provided below. Don't hesitate to contact [email protected] if you have any questions!

Box Plug-in: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us/articles/212495198-Box

Robert A.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2019

"Kintone - A Database for Everyone"

Comments: We are able to track all our members and our donors and to keep track of ongoing projects we are working on. The software allows us to easily collaborate together as a team, as well.

Pros: I find the Kintone can do everything we need to do as a small to medium size non-profit. It scales down to our needs. It is easy to use and set up and technical support so far has been fantastic - both friendly and very helpful.

Cons: At the moment - I really can't think of anything I dislike about the software. It's really such a joy to use this software, I have no negative feedback at this point. But I've only been using the software for about a month, so perhaps over time, I'll be aware of aspects of the software that could be improved.

by Kintone on 08/03/2019

Hi Robert,

So happy to hear you're loving Kintone! As you mentioned, Kintone can be customized and scaled to fit any size organization. Our team really appreciates your feedback too! We're happy to help whenever we can!

• Reviewed on 19/02/2019
Daniel R.
Computer Operator - GTS, Solutions, Del & Transf
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 02/05/2018

"Excellent Tool, productive and power for business"

Pros: Excellent aplication to teamwork more productive and gives us power to manage our business. 100% effective

Cons: I no have cons to this aplication because i increase productive in work, and is a grear software which allows to quickly optimize analog processes. Fits small and large organization

• Reviewed on 02/05/2018
Michael D.
IT Consultant / Client Services / Volunteer at Christmas Unlimited, Inc.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/02/2019

"Easy Setup for a non-Techie"

Comments: I chose Kintone because the sales rep was so much more involved and helpful than any of the other products I was considering. She was able to get me up and running with the free trial in less than an hour. Kintone really is easy to use. And even though I had a few roadblocks during the setup, I was able to find the answers online or through Customer Support.
And the fact that Kintone is a database as opposed to most CRMs that are built for the sales team, I was able to build the solution I need.

Pros: Kintone is easy to use. I was able to get it up and running in less than an hour (although it took several more tweaks to the setup before I had it working the way I wanted). Customer Support is excellent as well.

Cons: While many parts of the software are well-designed and look really good, there are parts of the software (like the Admin section) that look older and could use a re-design.

by Kintone on 07/03/2019

Hi Michael,

Really glad to hear you've been loving Kintone! As you mentioned, anyone can create a build on Kintone that works for them. Our team appreciates the feedback as well! Feel free to reach out to us if you ever need help with anything!

• Reviewed on 13/02/2019
Darryl C.
Sr. Operations Mgr
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Kintone Ease of Use"

Comments: Management of rotations of equipment to be sent for kitting program

Pros: I'm a manager and I'm not in the system daily. The ease of use for me to access and have a dash board with all of my info. The dashboard lets me review the required data without having to reapply my search parameters. Also, finding new info or updating my dashboard is simple.

Cons: Nothing found as of yet. If something occurs I will reach out to Kintone

Hi Darryl,

Thank you for your feedback! The Announcement section of portal home makes it easy to keep up to date on all your information.

Don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions.

Barry S.
Adjunct Faculty
Hospital & Health Care
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2018

"Excellent drag and drop database builder"

Comments: I liked the software. It has helped us find an easy way to track certifications for our organization.

Pros: What I like most about this software it is super easy to build a database with drag and drop. Also, if you need something more advance there is a custom development team that is affordable

Cons: I think the look of the user interface needs to be updated. The visual design needs work as it doesn't look visually impressive compared to some tools.

by kintone on 01/05/2018

Hi Barry, thanks for the review! So glad you're loving our drag and drop feature. It sure does help to build your custom apps with ease. I will pass on your notes about the user interface to the team.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2018
Ben C.
Printing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2020

"Great product!"

Comments: We have automated our quoting process, our freight shipping process, our purchasing process, and many other procedures with Kintone. If there's a problem, chances are, we can fix it with Kintone.

Pros: I love the custom nature of the software and the ability to customize every app with JavaScript. Offbeat Press is a custom screen printing company so everything we do is custom and we need a software that can keep up with all of our custom needs. Kintone does that.

Cons: If you don't have experience with JavaScript, it can become a little more expensive for various add-ons, but not much. And, at the end of the day, that's not a con against Kintone. It's a con against whoever is building the apps.

by Kintone on 17/06/2020

Hello Ben,

Thank you for your great review! Happy to hear that you enjoyed the flexibility of our product.

As you may already know, we have Kintone Developer Program for help and support on plugins and integrations.

Kintone Developer Program: https://developer.kintone.io/hc/en-us

Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions. We're happy to help!

• Reviewed on 12/05/2020
Principal
Architecture & Planning, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/02/2019

"Kintone Review"

Comments: Building a projects database with all relevant data to be dropped into brochure template as needed. Will be building a project profitability and deadline application.

Pros: Data Accessible from Remote Location
Ease of use
Customizable

Cons: Some fields are not sortable
takes some time to get the hang of what apps are available

by Kintone on 08/03/2019

Hi Elias,

Thank you for your review and feedback! Please don't hesitate to reach out to us if you need any help!

• Reviewed on 20/02/2019
Shingo I.
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2019

"Not for project management, Good for routine work"

Comments: first impression was very good because so easy to set up but after few months later I realize there is not flexibility.

Pros: Super easy to use. very good for routine work

Cons: Not for complicate process like each project has individual unique process.

Hi Shingo,

Thank you for your feedback. Glad to hear about your ease of use with Kintone!

Process management features for project management can be set to show different steps depending on the criteria entered to your form. This will allow you to customize the steps depending on the projects needs. I'd be happy to connect you with someone from the team to review more.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2019
John S.
Solution architect
11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018

"Ideal customer support"

Pros: All applications have their issues, but kintone really sets itself a part from like applications with their exceptional support!

Cons: They lack documentation and useful manual reference guides, but they are very helpful when dialing in to fix any issue we encounter.

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018
Robert P.
Executive Director
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2018

"Kintone experience has been wonderful overall"

Comments: Better reporting and control over our data..also allows us to plan better

Pros: I enjoy the control it affords to the user and the fact that is available on multiple platforms. It is also easy to train staff that are using the software.

Cons: At times it was challenging to develop the reports I need but as I learn more that is less and less of an issue

by kintone on 01/05/2018

So glad to hear you were able to get your staff up and running easily! If you ever have any questions regarding reporting, don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] We'd be happy to help!

William B.
Intern
  • Reviewed on 26/10/2018

"Perfect for NPOs/Small Business"

Pros: It's ability to connect record data within an app with another record in another app. (Primary and Foreign keys in databases)

Cons: Tiny inconveniences, stuff like the lack of a quick way to enter a DOB into a date field; stuck having to scroll by months. A quick fix is to simply enter the DOB in the accepted format.

by kintone on 01/11/2018

Hi William,

Thanks so much for your feedback!

• Reviewed on 26/10/2018
Global Chief Operations Officer
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Awesome customer service, great at reaching out and onboarding. Very good experience."

Comments: I love it, put us all on the same page.

Pros: Kintone can be as much as you want it to be. We had a need for a scaled down solution for CRM and project management. Works perfect for what we needed.

Cons: Not much I don't like, very flexible and easy to create solutions for our user base for the actual needs they have and not what they don't need.

by kintone on 01/05/2018

So glad to hear you're loving Kintone! With a 900 app limit, the possibilities are endless.

Robin l L.
Co founder
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2019

"Great Support!"

Comments: Great business support. Their team understands our needs quickly and are super helpful in figuring out solutions that work.

Pros: Down flexibility to turn it into a very customized product.

Cons: Flexibility and customization come with challenges in learning how things work.

by Kintone on 05/06/2019

Hi Robin,

Thank you for the positive feedback!

• Reviewed on 01/06/2019
David L.
Board Member
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/08/2019

"Customizable and Powerful"

Comments: My experience has been very positive. Customer service has been amazing and I've been able to reduce a lot of paperwork that's done manually.

Pros: Started off by drawing out what I needed for a pet management system. There are a lot out there that don't do everything we needed but did a lot of each specific category. We have now customized and created databases to track our cats (we're a cat rescue), their statuses, any medical visits and costs, and our donors, adopters and fosters. We're only a month in! Hopefully, we can continue to move our paper processes to Kintone. Also, customer service has been amazing. I spent some time on a conference call with the reps and we were able to get through all my questions.

Cons: I can't honestly think of anything I don't like. Maybe convincing everyone to start using it to track everything.

by Kintone on 02/01/2020

Hello David,

Thank you for your great review. We're glad to hear Kintone is helping you improve your tracking process. Please don't hesitate to reach out if you ever have any questions.

• Reviewed on 26/08/2019
Remus M.
Head of Production and Quality
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2018

"Makes managing data "manageable" for the non-IT employees"

Pros: Most functions are easy to use .
Easy to create your own database from scratch or by migrating data from various files.
Love the fact that I was able to add 1 user at a time - allowing me time to learn and pass on some knowledge to the next user .
The ability to link multiple apps thru very useful functions ( lookup ) works perfect for me

Cons: Online support ( help ) - very limited - when trying to find some guidance on how to set up your "newly invented " app , if you search the HELP or "google it" you will not get many answers or very well explained answers.

by kintone on 01/05/2018

Hi Remus! We are currently updating all of our help materials and would love to hear any specific feedback you have. Also, don't hesitate to reach out to [email protected] if you ever need assistance. Our team would love to review your apps!

Bridget C.
Assistant Logistics Manager
Automotive, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Perfect Applications"

Pros: This software is great for all uses at our manufacturing facility, from daily shipping audits to hourly quality checks. It is user friendly across all devices which is a big help.

Cons: There are no issues found at this time with the software.

by Kintone on 03/06/2020

Hello Bridget,

Thank you for your wonderful review. We're glad to hear that you are satisfied with Kintone, and find our product user-friendly.

Our team is always glad to help you if you ever have any questions.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Remus M.
Head of Production and Quality
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/11/2018

"Data made easy - no experience necessary !"

Comments: Excellent ! While the self serve help center has its limitation , my overall experience is positive because when I reached out to someone in the Kintone team , I always got the answers that I was looking for.

Pros: I like the fact that I was able to figure it out by myself , without the need to run to IT , as we all know that once IT is involved you usually get something that work for them and not for the end user.

Cons: There is nothing I dislike , although I would want to see a more in depth self serve help center . In the current form when you search for solutions on how to solve a problem ( problem in terms of figuring out how to build exactly what you need, not system being down or the like) you might get lucky and find something that will help you. In my view , it would help if customer generated "help solutions" would be made available.

by kintone on 24/01/2019

Hi Remus,

Thank you very much for your review! We're always looking for new suggestions for our help center and support, so we appreciate your feedback and are happy to help any time!

• Reviewed on 07/11/2018
Sean R.
Web Administrator, IT Support, Graphic Designer
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2018

"Kintone simplifies data management at the cost of some functionality"

Comments: Kintone has drastically improved our non-profit organization's ability to collect and manage data. An NPO lives and dies on the accuracy of its data. With Kintone, we are better able to present the effectiveness of our services to potential donors and grantors, improving our ability to earn more and better grants, leading to better services for our clients.

Pros: It is incredibly simple and fast to get a new app built and launched. Some of the smaller ones go from idea to launch in a matter of minutes. These are programs that would have taken hours or days to develop in Microsoft Access.

Cons: There is some basic functionality that I expect in any database or data management software that Kintone lacks. For instance, the ability to have a drop-down menu that also allows for a user-typed input (what Access calls a combo-box). If this existed in Kintone, it would help me to simplify a great many apps.

by kintone on 01/08/2018

Hi Sean,

So happy to hear Kintone has been a success for your NPO! As far as the product features, I'd be happy to submit your feedback to the team for review. In the meantime, there is always the option for customization within your domain. If you'd like, I'd be happy to get you in touch with one of our Sales Engineers to review. Just email [email protected]

• Reviewed on 19/07/2018
Program Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/05/2019

"Kintone - bringing the team together"

Pros: This software is most helpful in the way that everyone can stay connected while having clearly defined roles for each user. No one sees anything they are not supposed to see. As the administrator, I am able to see everything in one place which is tremendously valuable in how much time it saves.

Cons: It does take a lot of time to set up the software. It is very much an investment that will pay off, but you need to be ready to spend some time getting it to where you want it to be.

by Kintone on 05/06/2019

Thanks so much for your feedback! Happy to hear you are making good use of our awesome permission settings!

• Reviewed on 28/05/2019
James C.
I.T Analyst
  • Reviewed on 20/08/2019

"New I.T Analyst using Kintone for about 6 months now"

Comments: I've built a lot of apps for the company I'm with including a Gas Mileage Tracker App where I wrote a script that connected to Google Maps App and gave us the distance in miles and how much that was in dollars. I enjoyed it for the simplicity and how easy it was to get started building an app. Also the fact that the scripts use Javascript instead of some made up language is also good since most developers have been introduced to either Javascript or Java by now.

Pros: I like how easy it is to use and learn and set everything up. One of the advantages I think it has over most of the products in the same line, is how easy it is to set up process management and to assign roles to everyone on the team. For newer companies without anyone that's tech suave, I would definitely recommend Kintone!

Cons: Compared to other Services like Zoho Creator, there really is not much room for customization in the apps and the fact that you have to use another service to generate forms to input into the database is also bad because if you are not a user with Kintone, then the data cannot be accessed.

Hi James,

Thank you for your feedback! With our open API's, the customization possibilities are endless to transform your apps. I'd be happy to connect you with a Sales Engineer to review any requirements you have in more detail.

There are a couple of options to display your data to those not inside Kintone. You can purchase a Guest Account which allows users to access a specific Space in which they were invited to and view the data from there. There is also an add-on called kViewer that allows you to display information inside Kintone with those outside of Kintone via a URL.