15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About LearnWorlds

The best-in-class eLearning platform that helps you transform how you train, engage, and educate your learners.

Learn more about LearnWorlds

Pros:

They are extremely helpful and responsive throughout the entire process. I researched over 100 LMS options when I began our school and I have never once regretted choosing Learnworlds.

Cons:

I was very passively sympathized with but given NO ANSWERS and NO HELP. Finally, this morning, I fixed the bug, and told customer service they could close that ticket.

LearnWorlds ratings

4.4
4.7
4.5
4.4

8.8/10

LearnWorlds has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 125 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used LearnWorlds before?

Aimee Rebekah
Aimee Rebekah
Director in US
Alternative Medicine, 2–10 Employees

Best value for LMS for a small school

Comments: I have loved my experience so far with LearnWorlds so much that I decided to build another site with it for a membership site that has a meditation library that I was hosting on WordPress & that I was going to develop an app for. If you think outside of the box you can use LearnWorlds to deliver content not just for courses because it's so flexible this is what I love about it. You can scale it way up and have really high level courses and programs or you can scale it way down and have just a simple tool for content delivery.

Pros:

The things I love most about LearnWorlds are:1. The ability to import SCORM files and have them be part of the course delivery.2. The variety of assessments.3. The website templates.4. The ability to have all courses on a branded app.

Cons:

There is a little bit of a learning curve to get started. I switched from teachable and teachable does not have the functionality that LearnWorlds does and it also has a really simple start up process. LearnWorlds has more going on when you login and so you have to process more information to get started. Overall I still find it really simple and intuitive. It's not complicated it's just a lot more to process at first.

Alternatives Considered: Blackbaud eTapestry

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: I needed to switch because Teachable doubled the monthly fee after I had only been signed up for a month and I also learned about an increasing number of limitations in Teachable after I got started. So, I started searching for an alternative after that happened (on Capterra!) and this is when I found LearnWorlds.

Switched From: Teachable

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: Price. Learnworlds is MUCH more affordable than the major LMS softwares out there.

Iona
CEO in Spain
E-Learning, Self Employed

Has everything I was looking for

Pros:

LearnWorlds streamlined the process of course creation and implementation. I wouldn't have been able to build my online school without it.

Cons:

The cost is geared more towards companies rather than startups. I would like the option for app integration to be cheaper. Moreover, there could be more flexibility with question types offered.

Alternatives Considered: Articulate 360

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: LearnWorlds is cheaper and provided me with the option to host SCORM packets.

Switched From: Articulate 360

Brienne
Founder in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed

Basic, if you’re just getting started

4.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: It was recommended as a cheaper alternative and initially was easy to set up so would recommend for someone just getting started, and who has very basic elements to their course.

Pros:

Good trainings available, decent cost compared to some of the more well known platforms, straightforward set up, but as we got into the final stages of inputting all my content, it was clear that the user experience was not going to be what I wanted.

Cons:

The elements I had in my course could not be inputted or featured the way I wanted which would have impacted students’ content consumption and flow of the lessons

Alternatives Considered: Kajabi and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: I ended up switching to Kajabi and am much happier with the comprehensive elements, my course is set up the way I want and there is a Community option which I include.

Kelly-Ann
Chief Visual Officer in Australia
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

They sepnd a lot of time getting your business then ignore the problems

Comments: They are really responsive in the first couple of months so you can invest your time and money setting up in their system. Then once you're invested they ignore you and spend their time trying to grow their business model with new clients. If you have a long term plan for online learning I'm not sure they're ready to cater to any other businesses than their own.

Pros:

It has a nice look, and is user friendly.

Cons:

The software has problems. Tabulation of reports and certificates are something I have been going back and forth with the development and customer service team about, they have been incorrect. They apologise for the problems, come back to me every 4 days when they can be bothered and just say we are super busy growing our business due to the surge in online application due to Covid. That doesn't solve my problems, nor does it justify my subscription. My problems are still outstanding and months, weeks later they are still looking into it. Very poor.

Rod
Director in US
Professional Training & Coaching, 2–10 Employees

The best I've found yet.

Comments: Overall I love working with Learnworlds. I appreciate the support team who are always responsive and helpful. I love LW commitment to improvement as well and also that they've happy for feedback. After almost a decade of developing educational resources online, they are absolutely the best I've encountered.

Pros:

We had been using a competitor LMS for some time and when we started the basic features such as video management, text docs etc. were fairly comparable. So the most appealing features initially was the ability to adapt the platform to our 'look', the community pages and the inbox features. I also grew to appreciate the Vimeo integration and now the improvements in the above and also the mass email function and wide range of tools and features are pretty compelling.

Cons:

We found the sales functions not suitable for our offers so couldn't use that and therefore lost other functions such as affiliate programs.

Alternatives Considered: Teachable, Kajabi and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: A big issue was the fact the Thinkific never allowed us to delete old programs so after 7 years the dashboard was a mess. Once we started shopping around though the additional features that LW had including in-platform community etc made it an easy choice. Then once we met with Antonis I really liked him and then the other team members we interacted with.

Switched From: LearnDash and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: They just couldn't compare to all the features of Learnworlds.

Looking Forward to Many More Years

Pros:

The website design and SEO on LearnWorlds is great. My website ranks very high on Google, and I was able to customize so many different aspects, which is incredibly important when making an e-learning course. Their customer service is amazing and very helpful.

Cons:

Their web design and course creation can be a little daunting at the beginning making it not super beginner friendly, but still worth it in the long run.

Samuel
Samuel
Product Manager in US
Hospital & Health Care, 201–500 Employees

Fantastic option to host online courses!

Pros:

I love how powerful, intuitive, and easy-to-use the LearnWorlds administrator interface is. I can do everything I need to manage my school with minimal effort. They are constantly adding new features that allow me to do more with my school. Their support and customer service teams are super helpful and responsive. My company gets incredible value from LearnWorlds at a low price.

Cons:

There are a few additional features I'd like to see. For instance, the ability to customize scheduled reports and more built-in third party integrations for my company's tech stack (Salesforce, Eloqua, Marketo). These are all incredibly minor compared to the vast array of great features LearnWorlds has already.

Alternatives Considered: Brainshark

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: Lower cost, better experience for users and admins

Jesus
CEO in Spain

The best. Awesome.

Pros:

It's the Terminator of all the LMS. You can do ANYTHING and have total control.

Cons:

The first 2-3 hours are a little chaotic.

Alternatives Considered: Teachable and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: Better services and options for the similar price.

Switched From: Thinkific

Education Management, 11–50 Employees

Professional and growing platform with latest features and personal support

Pros:

All market standard features are available. Many templates and non-technical frontend, but also customizable to suit own demands. Support is really responsive and technically experienced. Platform performance is great. Easy to scale up business. New features are being released and become available to your school on a regular basis.

Cons:

Actually we always found a solution to our requirements, especially due to a dedicated success manager acting as a sparring partner when investigating new ideas.

Mauro
President in US
Management Consulting, 2–10 Employees

Learn Worlds Review

Pros:

Functionality, customization, support team

Cons:

Not being able to have an additional admin per school on starter plan

Karen
Owner in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The customer service and website creation tools are WOW!

Pros:

As I went through the learning curve with Learnworlds, I was able to look through their help area and found many articles and videos that helped me. When I couldn't figure something out, I could just create a ticket and they got back to me super fast (like in under an hour!). Sometimes, the functionality I wanted wasn't something that Learnworlds normally does, but they usually gave me some workarounds. I opened trail accounts at no less than a dozen companies, and this was the absolute best.

Cons:

I serve K-12 students, so I wish there were more functions that were targeted to my industry. For example, I really want my students to have multiple subscriptions, but they can't. I also wish a parent could log in and have their own portal where they can set up their children's accounts. As of now, each of my students (even if they're five) need their own account with a separate email. I am working around it, but it's not great.

Carol
Chief Operations Director in US
Individual & Family Services, 2–10 Employees

Great Platform

Comments: While setting up was a little challenging, it seems easy for those registering to set up a profile and begin their courses.

Pros:

I like the many options to customize and design our site that meets our style and needs.

Cons:

As an administrator, I am notified immediately when someone registers for our courses and can follow their progress along the way.

Alternatives Considered: Teachable and Thinkific

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: We felt LearnWorlds would enable us to expand in options as we grow.

Demi
Marketing in US
Insurance, 51–200 Employees

User friendly and lots of functions and features!

Pros:

LearnWorlds is very user friendly and easy to learn. There are a lot of functions we can use and different ways we can customize our product to make it personable to our company brand. It's also great that they have interactive features that we can integrate into our e-learning courses. The software had the features and functions we were looking for in providing the e-learning course we wanted to provide to our clients. You can import your own videos, add subtitles, have interactive quizzes, and even provide automatic certification upon completion of the course! All the reports and analytics that are available to admins are also really helpful because it allows me to track user progress and lost certificates if needed.

Cons:

There are some features that I would have hoped to be even more customizable, but whenever I ask the Support team for assistance, they always do their best to give me an alternative option or a workaround which is always nice. I think it would be nice to have some customizable pop-up alerts in case there are anything we need to notify our users when they first enter our site. Minor things such as being able to edit the footer on some pages or customizing the contact form to have more fields would be a great addition!

LearnWorlds Response

3 years ago

Thank you so much for this amazing review Demi! We are incredibly grateful that you took the time out to leave us a 5-Star review. We always take into consideration our customers feedback and, wherever possible, implement it in our frequent updates. On the 23rd of March, we are launching the new Popup builder to engage your visitors with the most versatile popup builder on the market. Stay tuned! see more here: https://whatsnew.learnworlds.com/en

Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Elearning by accident

Pros:

We had a customer that had us create all of their elearning for their company, so we had to get involved into this new area, and since we do media creation, they wanted us to coordinate the whole project. We tried many elearning apps and we finally recommended this one to our client for different reasons. It I should very easy to use, flexible and intuitive. The value/price equation is excellent. The app allows you to grow with it. It is very powerful and has many extras that most elearning platforms don't have, like the interactive videos app included with the subscription. The platform offers web hosting, very useful marketing tools, and email marketing tools or integrations. The support I should excellent and you get the impression they are on top of it. It is a great platform.

Cons:

They platform offers gamification but it is not completely developed so it is not very useful. However, they stated it is in progress of being improved.

Alternatives Considered: 360Learning, DOTS LMS and Adobe Learning Manager

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: More accessible, great features.

Switched From: Adobe Learning Manager

Dave
Owner in US
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2–10 Employees

Excellent product at a fair cost

Pros:

Easy to use, amazing customer service. Intuitive layout

Cons:

Would like more video editing features. Otherwise great

Alternatives Considered: Teachable, Mighty Networks and Thinkific

Reasons for Choosing LearnWorlds: Price too high, declining customer service

Switched From: Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: Price, ease, 30day trial

Lauren
Leadership Development in US
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 201–500 Employees

Great Education Platform

Comments: Still learning the product but very happy with our test results. Very excited to offer a plat form for the team for learning and development.

Pros:

The ability to brand your academy and offer online learning to the team. LearnWorlds offers us the ability to upload video learning, quizzes and offer the team an experience online that they can access from their home, office on their computer or their mobile devide.

Cons:

There is a drip email feature that requires you to add the user 24 hours before you can send an email. This is a bit frustrating.

Alternatives Considered: Kajabi

Reasons for Switching to LearnWorlds: Ease of Use, Branding, price point options

LearnWorlds Response

3 years ago

Lauren, thank you for sharing your experience and valuable insights on using LearnWorlds! We're so excited to hear that your overall experience with LearnWorlds is a positive one and that you can offer a top-notch learning experience to your team. We have already shared your constructive feedback with the product team. If you need any further assistance, please don't hesitate to reach out to our trusted Customer Success team. We wish you every success!

Yashovardhan
Researcher in India
Education Management, 1,001–5,000 Employees

LearnWorlds: Best Resource to Start Learning Online

Comments: LearnWorlds has been an amazing partner for us as we build our online school. They have been responsive to our needs, flexible in their approach, and have built out a robust platform that meets the needs of our students. We are extremely happy with our partnership with LearnWorlds and would recommend them to anyone looking for an online school solution.

Pros:

The most impactful features of LearnWorlds are its scalability, its ease of use, and its ability to integrate with existing business processes. LearnWorlds is very easy to use, and its integration with existing business processes was seamless. I was able to quickly create and launch my first course without any issues.

Cons:

I found the course creation process to be a bit confusing and time consuming. I also found the text editor to be a bit basic and lacking in features.

Teya
Teya
CEO in Bulgaria
Arts & Crafts, 2–10 Employees

Professional Looking School with no efforts

Comments: I am in love with this platform and I would never change them for another.
I feel cared for by the amazing support team that know my name, my work, my problems and needs. They offered me the attention and personalized tips. All that gave a big boost to my online school.
If anything could be better than this wonderful software, it's their customer service. Their customer service is the best I ever had in my life.

Pros:

Despite that I am an artist, but I don't have an eye for grapic web design. What I loved the most in LearWorlds is that they put a lot of efforts to create clean, modern and professional looking layouts. You just click and change the text. I was really easy to make my e-learning academy look expensive and polished. There are many, many, many different layouts for videos, text blocks, pictures, customer reviews, payment options....basically anything you could need. And the best part is that they update and upgrade all this regularly!

Cons:

I wish the the uploading system had the option to organize your files in folders. I use a lot of images in my academy and it can become hard to find what you're looking for after certaint number of uploads. However, with the constant updates they are making I am sure this is just a matter of time to be added as functionality.

The winner

Pros:

I had been trying LMS software for months and had actually settled down for another one until I tried LearnWorlds. What I liked about it is the fact that as soon as I started using it, it was easy to learn. They have excellent support and were one call away when I needed help. They have extensive and thorough training materials and moving from the previous LMS was a breeze. I think this is a keeper.

Cons:

We have some blended learning that we were not able to bring to the platform. However, because we were focusing our business on a subscription model, we were not very worried about it.

Alternatives Considered: 360Learning, CYPHER Learning, Adobe Captivate and TalentLMS

Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Excellent LMS with multiple integrations

Comments: Overall it's one of my favorite CMS / LMS.
I would like to go 100% learnworlds for my company but i still need to ship products.

Pros:

- The ability to create, edit, sell in one place - The integrations and API - Customer support is excellent

Cons:

- Can't sell physical products unless you use other platforms along with it (wix/shopify/woocommerce)

Scott
COO in US
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

I paid thousands of dollars and they don't have a no brainer feature??????????????

Pros:

Easy to setup. Thought we were making a good decision. Oops.

Cons:

WE HAVE TO HAVE A USER FACING TIMER ON OUR COURSE. This is mandated by the State for our course work and LearnWorlds is dragging their feet taking the 30 min it would take to enable the feature.Their team is slow and won't implement no-brainer necessities. Very disappointed and wasting so much time and giving them thousands of $$$ for nothing.

Alberto
Alberto
Co-founder in Spain
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

It is a good option to create your own course management platform

Comments: We were evaluating several platforms, starting with MoodleCloud but it was not very attractive for the user. We tried LearnWorlds and it convinced us, we hired it for several months because it had all the features we were looking for and it was a cheap option. Currently we do not use them because we have not achieved the desired user number, but we think it is one of the best applications to create your own e-learning platform.

Pros:

It is very easy to use, it is very complete with all the functions that are needed, it includes integrations with other tools. The technical support is very fast and they always solve incidents or queries very quickly.

Cons:

Might be missing a few more integrations

Geoffrey
Founder in Kenya

The Best Learning Platform In the world

Comments: Great LMS in the world.

Pros:

The best learning platform I have ever interacted with.

Cons:

An option should be made to allow the users to grade participants in the discussions as well as allow the participants to grade their peer's assessments. Secondly, the platform should allow the instructors to assign the students to peer assess the other learner's assignment other than the instructor doing the assessment. In short, it should have features that allow peer assignment

Rafael
Rafael
CEO in Brazil
E-Learning, 2–10 Employees

The perfect solution to sell online courses and build your own online academy!

Comments: Before I used wordpress with a series of plugins to deliver my courses online, which required a lot of configuration time, bug fixes and customizations. After migrating to leranworlds I was able to focus more on what matters: the production of the contents!

Pros:

I love the ease of creating the landing pages of the courses and adding and organizing the content. It is a complete platform, with a lot of flexibility to adapt to different online business models.

Cons:

The only functionality that I did not find is the ability to make the release of classes dependent on making previous modules ...

Maureen
Content Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 51–200 Employees

Clean, Easy to Use Platform

Comments: We have had a great experience with this platform and the customer support is fast and very helpful.

Pros:

This platform has been a great tool for us to host our on-demand video training as well as the digital version of our curriculum. It is easy to use on the back end and simple to navigate for the user.

Cons:

Some customizations are a bit clunky or can only be applied to all courses... a little more freedom in the design without knowledge of HTML would be a nice upgrade, but it works nicely with what features it has.