Bullhorn ATS & CRM Reviews

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    4.1 /5

About Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Automate every part of the recruiting lifecycle with Bullhorn's recruiting software built for staffing and recruiting agencies.

Learn more about Bullhorn ATS & CRM

Showing 25 reviews of 969

Paul S.
Vice President, Technology Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2016

"Grab the Bull by the horn with Bullhorn"

Comments: How to sum up our use of Bullhorn in a nutshell? It is the transparent foundation for our Agency's book of business. Think organization, data visualization, accessibility and the added capability to search our candidate database right at our fingertips. Explorers of yore depended on the North Star when no other landmarks were in sight; when the recruiting world has me turned upside down and inside out, I look to Bullhorn as my guiding light. Bullhorn’s streamlined workflow and added functionality from The Bullhorn Marketplace has us covered from front-office to back. Over the past 3 years we've transitioned with ease from a relatively paper based process to a software based solution; we've been able to simplify our time and expense process through the web, broadcast opportunity via Bullhorn Reach and quickly view our open opportunity at the click of a button. Bullhorn truly is our Heads-Up Display as we manage the agency side of full-life cycle recruiting.

Pros: Bullhorn provides seamless integration with MS Exchange that allows for tracking of in/outbound communication with clients and candidates. Emails are clearly tracked replacing the need to document activity or cross-reference multiple systems in preparation for your next call.
Through customization; You can configure Bullhorn to fit your organizations workflow, naming conventions or custom fields et al. As an Administrator for our organization; I've found that most functionality can be achieved with no additional cost or custom development.
Resume Parsing and Document Management; Adding new Candidate records is as simple as drag and drop, the parsing engine updates standard fields and documents (references, work samples, background checks, offer letters, etc.) can be managed and saved within a contact's record.

Cons: Integration with Bullhorn Marketplace: the solutions offered in Bullhorn's Marketplace are extremely relevant; however the integration and go-live process lacks the support and guidance that we've come to expect through our experience with the core ATS product.
New API unveiled with Bullhorn S release offered cross-browser accessibility; however some solid features were left behind and modular layout took a step back which added a few more clicks per page.
System up-time: Extremely reliable, but back-end performance and data indexing has, and continues, to be an issue from time to time.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2016
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2019

"One Stop Shop"

Comments: Overall, I can still say that Bullhorn is the best recruiting software. I would highly recommend this tool to other staffing firms.

Pros: Bullhorn is the best ATS I have ever used. It is very user-friendly. It only took me a day to know my way around bullhorn. It allows you to edit fields while you are looking at the list. This is very helpful as you do not need to click on a specific link to have it edited. Also, I love that it is integrated with MS Exchange as email conversations are recorded and can be seen by all internal employees. In addition, it is very easy to track the progress of each requisition. Bullhorn also allows you to set up reminders which are very helpful for busy recruiters like me. I love that text messages are also recorded in the system. Lastly, they have an awesome technical support team! Way to go!

Cons: For me, Bullhorn can still improve on tearsheets. Recruiters should be able to edit fields without them having to click a specific link/candidate. It would be very beneficial if they would add this feature as most job postings are really fast-moving. Another thing that I have noticed is with duplicate candidates. Sometimes I add a specific candidate and it shows me, 50 plus duplicate candidates. When I try to click one, it's nowhere similar to the resume that I uploaded. I hope they can do something about this.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2019
Alissa G.
Accountant/Payroll Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2017

"Bullhorn Review"

Comments: I do not use Bullhorn too much but am a big user of Bullhorn Back Office. I am logged in everyday and have utilized almost every functionality available. My biggest issue with this system is the small quirks and glitches. We recently had an issue with employees creating a copy of their timesheet and using PTO that caused the time to not calculate correctly. There was no solution or correction at the time. This is the perfect example of a weird glitch in the system that can be troublesome. Other than those small things, I am very happy with the functionality of Back Office specifically. The ease of use for one system to hold our timesheets, payables, commissions and invoicing makes my job a lot easier as the Accountant and Payroll Manager.

Pros: As noted above in my review, the biggest pro is the ability of the system to hold multiple functionalities for our company.

Cons: As noted in my review, the biggest con is the small glitches/quirks that the system has. It seems in every functionality I could name some sort of glitch that I have experienced.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2017
Rebecca S.
Account Manager
Staffing & Recruiting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/01/2017

"Bullhorn's Features Stand Out Among Other Options"

Comments: I have been using Bullhorn for almost one year and am overall very pleased with the features and functionality of this software. I have changed roles at my company, from a recruiter position to a sales role, and have found that both interfaces are easy to use and easy for new members to learn quickly. We rely on Bullhorn very heavily at my company for data integrity and compliance, and rarely have any issues with it.

Pros: In my role as an account manager/sales position at a recruiting company, I am responsible for setting up many in-person meetings with our clients. Bullhorn is capable of sending meeting/calendar invites to clients through the software, which makes it easy to run reports on my activity levels. I rely heavily on the "tasks" feature within Bullhorn to send me reminders and have found that I reference my notes within the tool very often as time goes by and I have trouble remembering little details about my clients.

Cons: I don't like how Bullhorn automatically uploads all of my emails between my client and myself to their profiles in Bullhorn. I'm not sure if this is something that was set up by my company or if it is a standard feature of Bullhorn, but I will sometimes send emails from my personal address to avoid them being accessible to everyone in the company.

• Reviewed on 25/01/2017
Amy T.
Account Executive
Human Resources, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Bullhorn is a great CRM!"

Comments: I would say Bullhorn is a fast, easy to use CRM that makes tracking information easier than ever. It's quick to learn and stay organized all in one place. I would recommend companies to use Bullhorn and the other softwares that they offer as well!

Pros: Bullhorn is extremely easy to use and has a great user interface with their clean design. It's a customizable CRM and is extremely useful for both our sales and recruiting teams. Bullhorn also integrates well with a few other softwares that become easy to track within BH so nothing gets lost.

Cons: The only down side is having things fixed quickly. It's easy to email support with your issue and they'll get back with you in 2-3 days, but it might take another week until the issue itself gets fixed unless it's an emergency. Besides that, not many other downsides!

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Derek R.
Account Executive, Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2016

"Excellent Way to Manage Pipeline and Relationships for Full Desk Recruiter"

Comments: I have been using Bullhorn for almost 2 years, and I love it. I like it because it helps me to manage my pipeline for both recruiting candidates and marketing to clients. It is easy to use, and is very functional. The task list serves as my daily calendar, and the search tools allow me to easily view search results. Managing relationships using Pulse is a great feature - it tracks relationship communication.

Pros: The free training webinars that are offered help me to continually learn about the features and new updates. The way Bullhorn is set up is very functional, and it seems easy to alter and adjust settings according to preferences for the recruiter or the team. The dashboard provides good information to manage performance. Seriously - it's a great ATS.

Cons: At first, my cons were with the search tool. But over time, the search tool has become more functional. My days would not be the same if I did not have Bullhorn.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2016
Jamie anne S.
Recruitment Specialist
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2019

"Recruiting at its best"

Comments: Overall, I strongly recommend that companies start using Bullhorn. It is definitely the best recruitment software there is.

Pros: I love Bullhorn because I can access it from my laptop or even my mobile device. Our company has been using Bullhorn for years now and it greatly helped in automating our recruitment process. It is customizable and user-friendly. It is very straight forward. What I admire the most is the ability to create tearsheets for different lists of candidates. It is very helpful especially if the job posting that you are working on gets repetitive. You can also create reminders or tasks so that you will never forget to call your candidates.

Cons: I think Bullhorn can improve on its text messaging features. Sometimes, the characters are not enough. Although text messages are meant to be short, it would be highly appreciated if they can add more characters to every text.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2019
Julian L.
Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2016

"Bullhorn saves me so much time!"

Comments: Bullhorn is great because it is web-based and you can used it anywhere. This enables you to work on the go and not be crippled in the office. It's great for tracking applicants to certain jobs. It's ability to search for candidates per criteria makes it one of the best in the business. The amount of search fields you can filter by will ensure that you are sourcing the most qualified candidates - the biggest advantage is you are connecting with candidates who are not on the public job boards. It's also updated regularly and the UI is great. Very responsive and virtually no lag - this really increase productivity and workflow. Collaboration with other users in the organization is top notch. Everyone involved in the same job can have quick/easy access to job updates to ensure time isn't wasted. Overall Bullhorn is a MANDATORY tool that all recruiting companies should own.

Pros: - web based (you can used it anywhere)
- tap into candidate market who are not visible on public job boards
- great collaboration between users (everyone is on the same page and no time/effort is wasted)

Cons: There should be video tutorials on how to search for candidates. There are so many filters that it might be overwhelming to start searching with no training.

• Reviewed on 26/09/2016
Jarit W.
Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2018

"Give 60 days cancellation notice before your contract ends or it will renew."

Pros: It's simple. I used this ATS/CRM at a previous company, so I stuck with it. You don't have to have a separate software like salesforce for the client mgmt.

Cons: Sometimes you have to login multiple times with your password. I don't have this problem with Wells Fargo or any other online passwords. Just bullhorn. Sometimes the automatic resume parsing icon doesn't work. It can be a little expensive for a basic account. One hundred a month is more then I pay for a premium Linkedin account. Tasks could me more streamlined to include fewer clicks to edit the date/time/etc. I got suckered into another year because of their 60 day cancellation requirement. If you don't notify them 60 days before your contract is up, your contract will automatically renew.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2018
Marc R.
  • Reviewed on 16/05/2016

"Solid and Useful Tool for Recruiting and Sales"

Comments: I have used Bullhorn from 2004 until 2015 -- when my employer took a slight break to convert over to another ATS based on SalesForce. Full Disclosure -- Bullhorn was taking too long to convert us over to the S Release and our Management felt it was time to make a change to a new product. After a little less than 1 year on the SalesForce product ( it was a terrible experience ) , our Company is back to using Bullhorn, this time on the S Release version. Bullhorn is a solid tool for Recruitment and Sales in the Staffing and Solutions arena. With the S Release, I feel Bullhorn has only improved. We're able to use the product on all browsers and the mobile experience has gotten slightly improved. We've had Bullhorn integrated with exchange since roughly 2006 and it has been a great balance. We get to use a great email client and Bullhorn still tracks and stores all communications to clients and candidates.

Pros: Bullhorn has great usability 'Right out of the Box and is easy and flexible to customize screens and fields.
Intuitive workflow with the ability to track the most important Activities, events, and stats
They have built up many great partnerships with 3rd party products and services so that integration can be very easy
Customer Support has improved dramatically in the last 5 years.

Cons: Reporting has improved with the S-Release for standard reports. But Customized reporting is still difficult to do on your own -- if not impossible -- and often requires their professional services

• Reviewed on 16/05/2016
Dan T.
Marketing Manager
Hospital & Health Care, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/09/2019

"Pretty good functionality for our purposes"

Pros: We use a heavily customized version of Bullhorn that is tailored to our specific needs. This allows us to trim cut out the features that we don't use and add features (for a fee) that we have to use every single day

Cons: It seems as though there's a Bullhorn outage at least 2 to 3 times per month that negatively impacts our workflow and the development time is ridiculous to say the least. We have been working towards transitioning to a new version of Bullhorn for almost 8 months now and have made little progress towards a working version rolling out with our customization intact.

• Reviewed on 06/09/2019
Jonathan B.
Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 10/04/2020

"Recruiting Made Simple"

Comments: Overall this is a great tool for any recruiter and will keep them on top of their numbers and give them the functionality they need to get their job done.

Pros: Bullhorn was the easiest software I've used in Recruiting. I like it's ability to track and log activity and it's ease of reporting. I know what my call count is at all times and the number of calls I need to make to hit my number. The reminders are extremely helpful as well.

Cons: I have no complaints about the software. I feel that it could improve it's user interface and make it a little more user friendly.

• Reviewed on 10/04/2020
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/10/2019

"A Recruiter's Bestfriend"

Comments: Candidate management has always been a struggle for us but Bullhorn does a wonderful job in helping recruiters succeed on our daily tasks.

Pros: I've been using Bullhorn CRM for over two years now and I can definitely say that this is the best applicant tracking system ever. A user-friendly interface, the ability to add tasks and tear sheets. Not to mention that it also has a texting feature which is awesome.

Cons: I do not have any issues with the software. My Bullhorn usage has always been smooth-sailing and I have not encountered any problems with it.

• Reviewed on 03/10/2019
Ghaz S.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/02/2019

"Customer Review"

Comments: Customer Experience Alert: Like any customer, we gave our notice to Bullhorn and reduced our number of users to 1 to adhere to the terms of the contract and ride it out with our 60 days notice. We followed their rules, kept the customer service reps informed and got the OK to reduce down to 1 user. Soon enough I look at my billing statement and they had charged us for more than 1 user. I called their front line billing staff and they said it would be reversed. To my surprise, I receive a call today where the front line billing staff said that even though we have not used more than 1 user, we will still be charged for more than 1. This tells you how the senior management thinks, where their ethics are and how low they can stoop. A few dollars won't break the bank but when you treat a customer that is leaving with such low ethics. That shows your true colours. You can continue acquiring other companies but as you grow bigger, your problems get magnified. I'll be sure to mention this to everyone in the industry considering an ATS never to bother with Bullhorn especially with their limitations on the system and ridiculous policies. By the way, we were loyal customers for 2 years and only left due to the inability to resolve repeated issues with their system.

Pros: Ancient product with very slow response on system and with staff. Be sure to explore other options before signing up with them

Cons: Ancient product with very slow response on system and with staff. Be sure to explore other options before signing up with them

• Reviewed on 21/02/2019
Donna B.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 24/03/2017

"Love it! Implementing BBO now..."

Comments: Great learning tools for new users.

Pros: I like how everything ties together - candidate records to clients to jobs to placements. Like that I can customize fields and drop-downs as needed.
Outstanding customer service!

Cons: The biggest pet peeve I have with Bullhorn is how quickly I'm locked out and have to re-login. If I haven't worked in the system in about 30 minutes, its frozen and I have to close out and start over. I log in about 5 times per day. Ugh!

• Reviewed on 24/03/2017
Alexandria J.
Senior Recruiter
Human Resources, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2019

"Solid recruiting software"

Comments: Overall am happy, when we have issues they do get addressed with time.

Pros: - Love the email tracking, amazing help when a coworker is out of office!
- Notes feature is great
- Reporting is easy to use

Cons: - Can only have one recruiter listed on candidate profiles (we have splits here)
- Placement report is inaccurate sometimes due to the above issue.
- We can no longer see when submissions are read/ how many times.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2019
Michele W.
Sr. Technical Recruiter
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2018

"It does the job"

Pros: It provides all of the functionality that you need for full cycle recruiting in an easy-to-access web interface. The hosted solution also works well for smaller companies.

Cons: The tracking of email communication between recruiters and candidates was always a little weird to me. The software tracks all communication no matter what, which can result in a lot of data and make it difficult to find the information that you need later on.

• Reviewed on 20/03/2018
Alexis B.
Marketing Manager
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"Easy to use! Tedious on-boarding"

Comments: My company is coming from no previous software experience so even having a program to organize candidates and search, email, make notes is huge for us. However, I feel like their introductory process could be tightened up.

Pros: Bullhorn is pretty easy to use once you get all of your information in it. The search function is an excellent resource and the customization per user makes it stand out.

Cons: The on-boarding process was pretty tedious. Once you commit and sign the contract, you have to spend tons of time doing training modules, taking quizzes, and doing scheduled calls before you can even start using it. Once you finish that, you're put on a 3 week time limit to upload any and all resumes. In our case, that wasn't enough time (we're a company that had no previous candidate software so we were dealing with paper resumes, imbedded resumes in emails, etc) for us and we're likely going to have to pay for another bulk upload down the road. Also, I think there are still a few kinks to be worked out in the software and to get ahold of a customer service rep takes a lot of effort-- even just for simple questions.

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Michelle L.
Director of Sales Operations
  • Reviewed on 09/06/2017

"Using Bullhorn at my previous organization was incredible and I can only hope my new organization lets me bring it over as well!"

Comments: Love it.

Pros: Super easy to use, always innovating, clean and streamlined. Bullhorn affords ease of training my new employees.

Cons: The only frustration was that as fast as Bullhorn is growing, and because my organization experienced turnover of our Account Managers from Bullhorn, sometimes we didn't know what we were missing when something new was released that we could be taking advantage of.

• Reviewed on 09/06/2017
Emily C.
Recruiting Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/04/2017

"Recruiting Manager"

Comments: I've used bullhorn for 4 years. I do think it is better than other Applicant tracking systems out there!

Pros: Bullhorn is easy to organize. I like the tearsheets and company searches and the ability to organize through tasks.

Cons: Not as many search functions as I would like. The parsing can sometimes cause problems and I wish that there was a way to not let someone save a profile without updating certain fields.

• Reviewed on 25/04/2017
Sarah E.
Recruitment manager
Management Consulting, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2019

"Recommend!"

Pros: Bullhorn is easy to use and intuitive. Connects well with LinkedIn and makes searching and managing candidates easy.

Cons: Notes from LI are not visible in BH. They could connect this up better for ease of use and efficiencies. It would be great to have more collaborative working, for example being able to tag colleagues or flag messages to them within the system.

• Reviewed on 11/09/2019
Tony C.
PLM Admin
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/10/2018

"Clean Product that Facilitates Communication for Sales and Recruitment"

Pros: Bullhorn is a Customer Relationship Management tool with a clean-and-simple design and many useful functions. Syncs well with Outlook. It can easily handle as many contacts as you need to manage with good sorting and searching capabilities, facilitating communication between Sales and Recruiting. When searching for a client or recruitment candidate, ALL of the available information is returned--so instead of just contact info, there is also a history of all their activity, including emails. Bullhorn CRM is also great for new hires because the interface is intuitive and doesn't require a lot of training.

Cons: While Bullhorn CRM is an easy to learn and use product, with the exception of the Pulse feature, it's not particularly innovative and doesn't offer any features that stand out as far as I can tell. Reloading pages and refreshing appointments can take longer than it seems like they should. However, they are making consistent improvements to the product so this could change quickly in a future version.

• Reviewed on 14/10/2018
Lily V.
sales admin
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2018

"Great product with awesome features"

Comments: Over the course of my career in staffing (aprox 10 years) I have used several staffing and recruiting programs and nothing compares to Bullhorns products. This Staffing and Recruiting Software is very user friendly and can be as simple or as complex as you'd like to fit your business needs. It is online based so you can access it from anywhere.

Pros: Easy to navigate, post and update jobs, customize screens, customer support is easy to reach and extremely knowledgeable.

Cons: Since it is an online based program, it can run a bit slow at times. It is a very pricey product (worth the investment)

• Reviewed on 04/04/2018
Jennifer M.
Information Systems Support
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"Intuitive!"

Pros: New hires find the system easy to use, user adoption of features is high. Lots of vetted out partners to offer integrated solutions that aren't necessarily part of the core BH product.

Cons: We would love to see more HRIS-style tools to help us more easily manage temporary employees - we are making due with notes primarily but need something more robust.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Natalie H.
Operations team lead
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/06/2017

"Overall good experience with room for improvement"

Pros: Generally user friendly and intuitive. Nice to see how BH has evolved over the years and happy to see that it continues to evolve. Looking forward to seeing what's next!

Cons: Some of the cooler features are difficult to find (i.e. Quick notes). Customer support is fantastic. Biggest complaint is lack of mobile functionality. I want a bullhorn mobile that I can use!

• Reviewed on 08/06/2017