15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Insightful

Simple, affordable and, and reliable - Insightful has everything you need to improve your team’s productivity.

Learn more about Insightful

Insightful ratings

4.4

8.8/10

Insightful has an overall rating of 4.7 out 5 stars based on 96 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Insightful before?

Kimberly
Kimberly
Business Owner in US
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed

Perfect for small business and freelancers

Comments: Very good. It lacks a few features but they price they advertise is the price you pay. No hidden cost written in size 2 font. Support was quick to reply. This is the service I decided to use.

Pros:

It's easy to use, offers lots of information. You can have projects and put in the cost of the project so this tracks the hours and what the bill needs to be. It has both admin and user control panels and I got great support for my questions.

Cons:

It's lacking a few features. I'd like to be able to attach website urls to projects. It needs sortable reports which you can export.

Cliff Ian
Deputy General Manager in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 51–200 Employees

RemotoDojo's review for Insightful (previously known as Workpuls)

Comments: We have a really great experience with Insightful. It solved a lot of problems like tardiness, wasting of time, over breaks, and many more.

Pros:

It is very convenient and the reports are very comprehensive and really easy to read. Also, I love how you can see what the employees are opening and what softwares and sites they open and how much time they spend on it. Plus, you can adjust which sites, softwares, and etc. you can label as productive or not. Also, as an outsourcing/offshoring company, it's one of our selling point to our client that they can monitor the people they hire. Basically, we give Insightful free advertisement because we like the software so much.

Cons:

There are only 3 cons I have seen so far, first is you can't delete a user as you can only deactivate them. Second is, once you merge users, you can't unmerge them. Lastly, it's a hassle that it automatically creates an Insightful user whenever you create a user account in windows. Sometimes, we just use the extra account for testing and we don't want to create another Insightful user. For almost a year, those are the only cons I've noticed but never outweighed the pros, not even a bit.

Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Failed to track time

Pros:

Loved the simple and appealing UI only. The customer support is great.

Cons:

Time tracking failed for employees. The employee's time hasn't been tracked, which is a shame.

Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Great tool to use in remote culture

Comments: So far the experience has been great! As we scale up I think this tool will be important to our software stack.

Pros:

I like the "Gamification" of the productivity score. We plan to use this internally for our own employee scoring metrics

Cons:

I wish there were more integrations with external data sources to push data from insightful, for example, Google Sheets or Slack. Lots of ways to bring information in, but very few ways to push information out.

Andy
Director in Portugal
Civil Engineering, 11–50 Employees

An essential tool for managing today's digital workforce

Comments: Workpuls has revolutionised how we are able to allow staff work remotely and still efficiently and how we are able to manage staff effectively while supervisors are also out of the office.
The easy set up and web based application gives instant start up and it allows a gradual use of the sophisticated functionality which is built into the software.
Software insight give a real view of how users are using the software assets and has enabled us to re-evaluate software product usage and license management of expensive softwares.
The software insights also helps us identify training needs after evaluating how different staff use various softwares with less effectivity.
Workpuls auditable data allows Client's confidence for hourly working.

Pros:

The ability to rapidly have practical insights into what all staff are engaging with and difficulties they experience in trying to get their job done. Responsive, patient and helpful online assistance.

Cons:

Improved reporting or access to how the data is diced up is needed. Another layer in Project & Task management. Ability to adjust punched time records through management authorisations (subjective for digital recording I know).

Yousuf
Sr Graphic Designer in Pakistan
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Workpuls now known as Insightful

Pros:

The best thing about this software is that it's extremely easy to use. Just 1 click setup. Neat and clean dashboard and gives all the required tools which are essential. We use it to track our employee's check-in, checkout, time tracking, project tracking, idle time and productive time.

Cons:

To be honest, till now I have found nothing which I don't like about this software. Just it's just a bit on the expensive side, but the features of this software offset it.

Data Analyst in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 11–50 Employees

A tool that any business can use.

Comments: Best experience so far when it comes to the tools and the support that I got with the app. Would recommend to others as well.

Pros:

So when I first started the trial, it was easy to setup and use as well. It didn't took most of my time when I set it up. The support is so helpful as well when it comes to my questions if I need to know something about the app or if I need assistance with the app. I would recommend this to others as well.

Cons:

The task management feature. We don't use this much as it's time consuming when it comes to moving the task to certain status instead of having the status to be changed from the task list of for each individual employees. It would be cool if you allow employees that isn't marked as managers or adminds to be able to change the status of their tasks.

Hrunav
Product operation analyst in India
Marketing & Advertising, 11–50 Employees

Insightful: A boon for tracking remote work.

Comments: My experience with Insightful has been positive, although there is room for improvement. The app's core functionality of tracking remote employees' time and providing productivity insights is commendable. It offers a user-friendly interface that simplifies time tracking, making it easy for employees to log their work hours accurately and for employers to pay them using the data generated on Insightful.

Pros:

Insightful excels at simplifying the process of time tracking for remote employees. The app provides a user-friendly interface that allows employees to log their work hours effortlessly. Users can start and stop timers, switch between tasks, and record breaks with just a few clicks, ensuring accurate and reliable timekeeping.I also like that Insightful has flexible and customizable features that employers can use to match their specific needs, including setting individual goals, establishing project deadlines, and configuring automated reminders for breaks and tasks. This flexibility ensures that Insightful can adapt to various work environments, making it an ideal choice for teams of any size or industry.

Cons:

While Insightful is an impressive app overall, there are a few areas that could be improved. One aspect that some users may find frustrating is occasional inaccuracies in tracking productive time and data. It is disheartening when the app fails to accurately capture and record work activities, leading to incorrect data and potentially affecting productivity analysis.However, it is worth noting that Insightful's customer support is readily available to address such issues. The presence of responsive customer support can mitigate the frustration caused by inaccuracies. Users can rely on their assistance to rectify any discrepancies and ensure that the app's tracking aligns with their actual work activities.

Project Team Lead in Philippines
Design, 201–500 Employees

Insighful

Comments: Overall is okay no problem at all.

Pros:

I like to use the Insightful, this is very useful in everyday to track my teammates and the daily clock in and out of my teammates.

Cons:

I don't like the screenshot some personal stuff may be visible to anyone.

Ezéchiel
Ezéchiel
Agent in Benin
Construction, 2–10 Employees

Avis insightful

Comments: it's a good software for project management only that time tracking doesn't work too much

Pros:

Wow what software!!! I really appreciated the interface which is simple. Likewise it has very good and excellent customer support.

Cons:

Unfortunately time tracking doesn't work at all, especially for employees. That's what's deplorable, otherwise it's good software.

Sherrily
Director for Client Services in Philippines
Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Practical and easy to use

Pros:

This has been useful for our organization transitioning from office to work from home arrangements. We are able to do timekeeping and monitoring of productivity of our employees with this application. It is easy to setup and easy to use.

Cons:

There were a few times when some employees encountered error in their records. It seemed that intermittent connection issues or power interruption could have caused the problem. Although this seldom happens, I hope it would be handled well by the app.

Junaid
Digital Marketer in India
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Best Software For Employee Tracking

Comments: Overall I am happy to use workpusl as it keeps track the record of visiting the website, software, etc.

Pros:

Best part of workpuls i liked most is that, if in case system is shut down due to any technical glitch, then workpuls will continue working, and once you start the system you won't lose your tracking time.

Cons:

Sometimes workpuls automatically clock out, it even does not show any notification that workpuls is clock-out. that why you have to check in every 1-2hr that it is working or not.

Anastasiia
Account Manager in Ukraine
Information Services, 201–500 Employees

Good solution to control your team

Comments: Insightful helps to put a bit of control on my team without annoying pop ups for them.

Pros:

Time tracking, managing schedules, productivity vs idle time

Cons:

Maybe a bit more of reporting would be great

Elaiza jane
Supervisor in Philippines
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 501–1,000 Employees

Worth the spending

Comments: It was great.

Pros:

Its very important to continualy track the performance of each employees

Cons:

Some features are hard to find or navigate.

Rohit
Sales Manager in Philippines
Outsourcing/Offshoring, 201–500 Employees

Everything is one place, centralized, easy to use, detailed functionality!! 2 Thumbs up :)

Comments: The project of data in a new way, and the reporting structure (with some more tweaks) will be complete.

Pros:

It's light, easy to set up, no downtime, great tech support, great features, especially Real Time Monitor with screen shots.

Cons:

The Clock In time does not gets replicated immediately with the system time. There is a lag and takes about 24 hours to replicate to the workstation time zone. The reports could still get more updated in the sense when I select the details for the month, I should see the aggregate totals of each employee as a spread and not daily tabular for each employee in one place. In this case I have to extract the details and apply a PIVOT to come to the totals of each employee.

Musavir
Co-founder in India
Publishing, 2–10 Employees

Easy To Use, Economical, Time saving

Pros:

Time tracking, Manual Time, Break, Screenshot through this we can manage the privacy. It is must have tool for work from home.

Cons:

sometime there is huge gap between login period and computer activities.

Heidi
Operations Administrator in US
Education Management, 2–10 Employees

Insightful - Review

Comments: Good

Pros:

Ease of installation and monitoring on employees' devices.

Cons:

No reporting features or auto calculation for timekeeping.

Manager in US
Internet, 11–50 Employees

Good software

Pros:

Easy to implement and use; Affordable and scalable.

Cons:

Nothing to complain so far

Armandt
CEO in South Africa
Computer Software, 2–10 Employees

Amazing to beInsighted

Comments: Very happy with the product

Pros:

Accuracy of the time tracking, silent install, screenshots.

Cons:

The pricing is a bit high for the South African market.

david
Consultant in US
Computer Networking, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Remote workplace monitoring

Comments: Like I stated earlier, it just works. Who could want more than that?

Pros:

Just works, very easy to setup and use, silent to end-users.

Cons:

Would be helpful to enhance the evaluation of app's and places people go to determine if productive or not.

Evgeniya
Director of Operations in US
Hospitality, 51–200 Employees

Insightful review

Comments: Good

Pros:

Simple, straight to the point Interface, user friendly.

Cons:

Needs more analysis to get appropriate feedback to employees

Douglas
Douglas
CEO in Canada
Consumer Goods, 2–10 Employees

Great product

Pros:

Ease of use and allows us to efficiently manage our remote team.

Cons:

Software doesn't work on IPADs and other Apple products

Dimitrije
Dimitrije
Marketing & Advertising

Definitely works

Comments: We significantly improved our time management skills with this tool. Key for success is to have control over your time and its consumption proves again to be true.

Pros:

great ui/ux that is so easy to use

Cons:

there is no free version

Marko
Founder in Spain
Used the Software for: Not provided

Exactly what i needed. Inside man that oversee my office even when I am not around

Comments: For me as a small size business this is really helpful. Beside we were able to find the roots of time wasting we also manage to organise training for apps that our employees use most frequently. They are now able to finish their tasks up to 50% faster. Now I can leave office and don't have to worry what is going on in there.

Minja
Minja
Legal counsel and legal representative in Serbia
Used the Software for: Not provided

Excellent

Comments: For us, because our employees are working all day on computer, WorkPuls is must have! Now we can sit back and make do our just instead of managing all the time. We have payed off WorkPuls annual subscription in first month.