Microsoft SQL Server Reviews

• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.3 /5
    4.3 /5

About Microsoft SQL Server

Database and analysis offering for rapidly delivering the next generation of scalable e-commerce & line-of-business solutions.

Learn more about Microsoft SQL Server

Showing 1,513 reviews

Imi C.
MIS Developer
Political Organization, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2019

"SQL is getting better as it grows older"

Comments: SQL Server centralized my data and allows my staff to "believe" that they are working in Excel, It is super fast for loading data from the server, and allow large data set that will normally take hours, or even crash the Excel spreadsheet to load without any issue.
When I am ready for a web app.. SQL server is easy as piece to develop a simple CRUD application and push live.
It seem to connect to every thing - from MS Word Mail merge, MS Excel, MS Access and of course for development environment such as Visual Studios.
One Database ( Centralized) and many presentation modes for the end users. I love it!

Pros: MS SQL Server is certainly a competently relational database engine, with reporting service and now R.
Easy to install for small onpremise application.
Easy to administer, easy to backup, easy because it is a Microsoft application.
It is so easy that most of the application today I work on seem to be pulling data from SQL into Excel and or Power BI.
You can start from free version and expand as time goes by.
The management studio take the pain our of scripting, and the online support community most likely have your questions answered with T-SQL scripts for copy and pasting.
If you deciding on an option for an Relational Database system - you should look at this as your most productive option. It allows you to focus on the problem by making the technology easy.

Cons: The new the version, the more memory intensive this management studio will become.
Microsoft need to create some more easy to use tool for change control and change tracking.
Backward compatibility - if you used a higher version during development, then it become a pain to use a lower version during production environment.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2019
Chirag S.
CITO
Insurance, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2021

"Rock solid, reliable and efficient database"

Comments: We have enjoyed using SQL Server for various OLTP and data warehousing workloads. It is a workhorse. Its performance is fantastic. Tooling surrounding it is great. We have not encountered a single issue with it. We also have a great local meetup where we discuss the constant improvements SQL Server brings each year.

Pros: We love SQL Server's versatility. Every single application we purchase for insurance has support for SQL Server. We have not come across any situation where SQL Server didn't meet our needs.

Cons: License models are a bit confusing. Some years Microsoft make it easy to understand. Other years Microsoft makes it even more confusing. Can we run SQL Server in our data centers? Can we run it on the cloud? Do we need to change licensing to run in the cloud? Those questions sound easy to answer but the answers we get from Microsoft or resellers confuse us more. It just seems like the confusion is intentional.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2021
Griffin B.
Senior Strategic Planning Analyst
Hospitality, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/02/2019

"SQL Server is the backbone of my life!"

Comments: Overall, my experience with SQL Server is amazing! I am able to store all of our Las Vegas luxury casino data (gaming, hotel, food & beverage, entertainment, etc.) and query that for information that we then turn into automated or ad-hoc reports. These then go to the operators of the business as well as the executives who analyze the reports and make better decisions daily, weekly, and monthly. The goal is simple: just become better over time...better than you were last year, last month, last week. And SQL Server is the vehicle to empower your organization to find those valuable insights hiding in plain sight to do just that!

Pros: I absolutely LOVE SQL Server. It is my favorite software to use because the possibilities for query-writing are endless. I would say this is the most reliable and flexible of all the database software I have ever used. SQL Server allows you to write in T-SQL (T = transact, SQL = structured query language), which means that you can create variables, use temp tables, and write code in a procedural format that runs akin to a module in other programming languages. We use SQL Server 2008 at work, though I am really loving the new features in the latest version (as of today) SQL Server 2016. Overall, SQL Server is a platform for creating table schema, storing information, and then writing scripts (queries) to manipulate that data--to find insights that are useful to making better business decisions. The interface is easy to understand, the error-checking is strong (and actually tells you what is wrong). It doesn't hold your hand like other simplified coding languages, but it becomes very reliable and easy to use once you obtain a solid foundation in relational database theory and SQL language.

Cons: Hmm...if I had to speak ill of SQL Server...I would probably say that it is a bit tricky to get up to speed quickly with. There's a lot to it, so to speak, so it's taken me the better part of five years working in the data analytics industry to finally say that I feel I am completely proficient in utilizing the software to its full potential. Topics such as query optimization remain my areas of biggest weakness. I can write a query to pull any kind of desired information; however, the art lies in being able to pull it quickly and with reasonable efficiency. If your query takes more than 15 minutes (or even hours!) to run, it's probably not written correctly and likely poses a major threat to the server you are connecting to (and tying up!) in the process. I would like more information in the software (GUIs, warnings, etc.) regarding poorly-written queries from an execution standpoint.

• Reviewed on 04/02/2019
Senior Consultant
Hospital & Health Care, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/12/2018

"SQL Server 2016 - Features Review"

Comments: Overall experience with SQL server 2016 is very nice and excited in my perceptions due to Better support for memory optimzed tables, Built in JSON support, Stretch DB concepts, Query Store and dynamic temp db according to size and presence of CPU in the databases.

Pros: In our project we have been migrated from Microsoft SQL Server 2008 to SQL server 2016 directly for all our databases & SSIS packages. There are many features that was available to use for the projects and some of those are: 1. Data was always encrypted, so less vulnerable to SQL injections and useful to take a backup when database is in motion. Prior version (Before SQL server 2016) support only when databases is in Rest.
2. Data/Software Migration is very useful from prior version without any issues or taking any time. It took only set of testing activities and 2 hours of trun around time to get it upgraded.
3. Very simillar like XML TSQL clause created in SQL 2005, in SQL 2016 JSON clause T-SQL has been created for JSON output from querying database objects.
4. In prior versions we have to wait for long running query to capture, however in SQL server 2016 ability to view the execution plan as the query is active on the system.
5. Strecth Database is a new concept that has been created and stored in Azure. However in the background it is shown as single databases for user views.

Cons: Only I know very least number of disadvantages this MS SQL server 2016 is having: 1. Enterprise pricing may be costly as some of the organisation cant afford for the count of data they are having.
2 With the performance tuning, Microsoft SQL Server will be having some gobble resources.

• Reviewed on 20/12/2018
Systems Engineer
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2018

"Easy to configure, difficult to master"

Comments: Easily the most intuitive RDBMS software out of the box.

Pros: The most noteworthy features of Microsoft SQL Server are the many tools and wizards that allow even novice users to get started by creating tables and views without extensive knowledge of relational databases. The query wizard can even assist with creating queries with its intuitive IDE. These features lower the intimidating barrier to entry that accompanies other relational database software such as Oracle or MySQL. There is even a free version call Express that allows anyone to dabble in the software before committing to the product. Aside from the user assisted features, the other appealing aspect of SQL Server is the integration with other Microsoft products that are probably already running in an organization. SQL Server interfaces with Active Directory allowing for easy user management so appropriate levels of database access can be allotted via group membership. This is useful because even something simple like user access management in another RDBMS may present a learning curve for anyone that is not a DBA. With SQL Server a general IT resource could manage user access with an existing knowledge of Active Directory providing more time to focus on core database design.

Cons: SQL Server carries a high cost subscription based licensing cost. The user assistance features provide a great introduction to relational databases, but there is still a significant and continuous learning curve. Databases continue to evolve with industry need. Anyone that interacts significantly with SQL Server during day to day database or application design may need to consider yearly training to keep up with all the changes.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2018
Tavimbanashe M.
IT Administrator
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2021

"The best database management system"

Comments: Microsoft SQL Server is a great data management, analyzing and reporting tool which helps in day to day running of a business. The very powerful features it posses makes data analysis easy. The community support makes it easy to do many tasks and above all, the security this tool provides makes it safer than other database management tools

Pros: The ability to store, manage , retrieve and backup large amounts of data without so much hassle. The availability of support on the internet is just amazing. It works well for small sized to big sized companies and the security of these databases is top notch. Since it has recently been integrated with Azure, it will be easier for cloud deployment and cloud support. Can also be used be as a reporting and analyzing tool.

Cons: The cost is a bit high and it requires skill to be able to work with sql. The larger the information on the database usually makes it to slow down in terms of querying it

• Reviewed on 14/02/2021
Database Administrator
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/10/2019

"Relational Database Management System"

Comments: Overall had a great experience as the name suggests that "Microsoft SQL Server" the first word of the product defines it all and have a huge impact on its sale and purchase.

Pros: As a Microsoft SQL Server administrator , i like the community and the support that Microsoft community provides as it has a very powerful knowledge base if i stuck in some problem i just google it and the problem has been resolved in minutes.

Cons: Microsoft should increase the performance of few of its products as it is very slow as compared to Oracle and DB2 . And should consider on Monitoring of the databases as database administrator primary objective is to monitor the instances continuously.

• Reviewed on 17/10/2019
DBA
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/05/2020

"SQL Server 2017 on Linux! It works.."

Comments: I have been a SQL Database administrator for over 10 years. I recently had the challenge of implementing it in Linux environments, mainly due to the low cost of licensing / subscription.
The product behaves in a very stable way, and delivers superior processing capacity (performance).

Pros: Operating system licensing is always an additional cost. What I like most about SQL for Linux is the possibility to reduce this cost drastically, with an amazing OS and extremely stable SQL in this environment. Adjusting the environment variables for SQL is a differentiator.

Cons: The lack of reporting services is a terrible shortage.
It could have an alternative in Apache, or even allow integration with Windows servers for this demand.

• Reviewed on 21/05/2020
Jordan S.
CTO/Co-Founder
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"SQL Server: Beasty"

Comments: I have had a pleasant experience working with SQL Server and have architected multiple relational database schemas with it. I think given it's native functionality inside of Windows environments and ease-of-use make it a nice Windows powered database tool.

Pros: I love the ability to create native Windows powered web applications with Microsoft SQL Server databases at the heart of them all. Simple and easy to use SSMS (Sql server management studio) means you can administer and work on SQL Server databases in a snap. Also there are some very handy functions built in that allow easy duplication and movement of data between SQL server environments that I use quite a bit.

Cons: The learning curve can be steep and certain inherent complex bits of working with databases are not made any easier with SQL Server. One other thing I dislike about SQL server is more in the SQL Server management studio as they have yet to update that application with compatibility with QHD displays (at least as far as I know)

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Ron V.
Techncal Consultant
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/01/2021

"Awesome database management"

Comments: I started working as a technical consultant for a company that supplies ERP software, based on Microsoft Dynamics (NAV and Business Central). When I started, I didn't now anything about SQL server, other than having heared from it and seen it a couple of times.
I followed a lot of online trainings and watched a lot of videos on Youtube, but now I am able to implement SQL server at our customers, administer the most common tasks and even take performance analysis when there are issues at our customers.
I still need to learn a lot, but I find this application so great that I am looking forward to it.

Pros: First of all, I'm no certified DBA but I work with Microsoft SQL Server on daily bases.
I install SQL server on servers of our customers, to be used with Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central (and previously Dynamics NAV). I install it, I configure it and I administer it.
Everything I know about SQL server, I have learned myself from online training and trying things out.
What I like most about SQL server, is solving performance issues. Using SQL Profiler for instance by grabbing what SQL server does and try to find bottlenecks.

Cons: SQL server is so extensive, that it takes a very long time to learn it. I have been working with SQL server for over 4 years now and I still learn daily more and more about it.
But I don't mind that, I even love it.

• Reviewed on 31/01/2021
Sudharshan S.
Software Engineer
Computer Software, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"The best is yet to come."

Comments: great and fulfilling. the Future is definitely bright.

Pros: SQL Server in traditional sense always belonged to a group of mid range companies. Hosting terrabytes of data was never a part of its ideals. But the recent upgrades for its availability on the cloud makes one wonder where it is headed. I think the future for SQL Server is good.

Cons: NO SQL functionality does not exist. Although columnar, flat file data sources can exist, the SSAS functionality needs to include a database conversion to a NO SQL database view. This greatly enhances the visibility of a transactional database.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
David K.
Systems Analyst / Software Developer
Medical Devices, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2021

"SQL Server - Powerful but can get you into trouble if script isn't tested outside Production"

Comments: Unfortunately, I had no formal SQL Server training, I had to learn most on my own and from a couple of great mentors who had used it for years. My two main uses were first to pull out just a few rows of specific data for viewing with the great (and logical) filtering. I received quite a few requests to pull data that management needed; but the user interface of an application either didn't allow it or would have taken way too long. The second use was for correcting one or two rows of data that needed to change but for a several reasons could not be done by the user interface. I had several scripts saved for common use as it was needed over and over again and became the hero by making changes that were needed quickly.

Pros: After the learning curve, I found the mass data update very helpful. I also loved the ability to find specific data (the needle) in a haystack of huge files by making simple filters as needed.

Cons: It is really easy to shoot yourself in the foot by the power of what you can update if you have the script wrong. We once had a young contractor that apparently had more confidence than SQL skills. He ran a simple script in Production without testing in non-Production environment or asking anyone else to look at it. He ended up deleting about 30 million rows of data in a huge file in addition to the 30 rows that were actually targeted.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2021
Pam K.
Sr. Sysadmin
Aviation & Aerospace, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/08/2019

"SQL Server - Costly but Worth It for Business"

Comments: Our in-house ERP system was built originally on Access. We moved over to SQL Sever and gained many business rich features that help empower us to meet our customer requirements.

Pros: Set up and deployment is simple compared to some of the 'free' and 'open source' software packages available.

Cons: Costly. Very, very costly. The price keeps increasing for on premise versions of SQL Server.

• Reviewed on 14/08/2019
Software Developer
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/08/2018

"SQL Server in my daily life"

Comments: 70% of my daily office work is depend upon this product. Whenever i need to debug the issue, find the query, procedure executed behind the display then i have to execute on Sql Server. I use to select the data, update, alter , change in any column as per requested by customer. I always check my CPU, Execution time, reads and writes to improve the performance of my product display.

Pros: This is one of the product which I use in my daily life.
1. With this , I check all the data in the tables which show in the front end (display).
2. I use one of the feature i.e. Sql Profiler to get the query, procedure, tables etc which executing while load the display.
3. Get the execution time , CPU time , Reads, Wrtites, etc of the query from profiler with this product.
4. We can make shortcut keys of the query which you use the most like select query, show the columns of particular columns etc.

Cons: Sometimes, I faced the issue while using the WINDOW+R shortcut which toggles the result set. Many times it stucks and then I toggle the result set by dragging it.
For installing it , need compatible software, window version. It took more time to set up . If one of the requirements is not fulfilled then you have to make it compatible and try again the process.

• Reviewed on 07/08/2018
Nirmesh K.
Team Lead Manager
  • Reviewed on 10/12/2018

"SQL Server - Robust application for database storage, analysis and reporting"

Comments: We are using Sql server in our organisation to create new databases and maintaining the existing one. Data access is so simple and secure. If there is any sensitive data then we use to encrypt the table columns data. Overall its a great application.

Pros: Sql server is a powerfull data storage tool and widely used in our organisation. Its enrich with numerous inbuilt features. In sql server backup and restoration task is much easy. Its preety much secure and reliable tool. In sql server there are several security roles to authorize the user, so we use to supply the privilege according to need. Its reporting services are greatly helpfull for us to analyse the data. I can easily monitor the performance / health of the database. Dtabase tuning advisor extremely good in case of performance improvement task as this reveals proper detail of missing items like Index, primary key, stats etc. Easy to review the execution plan of a stored procedure. Data movement from one server to another server is much easy. I can trace the sql statements nicely with the use of trace component.

Cons: Microsoft Sql server setup takes a bit more time but once done then all good.

• Reviewed on 10/12/2018
Abhinav K.
Sr Software Integrator
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2018

"SQL Server - A RDBMS by Microsoft"

Comments: Microsoft SQL Server is helping use to find the best programming capacity to match up with the secure and best performance. User interface is also user friendly as it does not need any basic training to under the infrastructure.

Pros: SQL Server is the one of the best database management software I have ever worked on. Relational database management system based on relational model. Performance of the SQL Server is also high. It is easy to setup and GUI also provide the user friendly interface to work on it. Integration on SQL Server with non relational data source is also improved compare to the SQL Server 2015. The Best feature in it advance analytics which help you to keep the track of the development. Support and integrity also improve in the SQL Server 2017 with cross-platform as it can now work with Linux as well as Docker container.

Cons: SQL Server is having the large community so the vulnerability and fixing are coming very frequent. Real time intelligence sometime not work as expecting. The SQL profiler should come with more default option and Microsoft should provide the interface where we can develop and design the profiler template.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2018
Good Earth Eicher India Pvt Ltd Support & Implementation
Food Production, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"SQL Server database administrator"

Comments: I am developer of sql server which makes me easy is SDLC and SSRS reporting . Which is very fast and efficient.

Pros: 1. Fast searching and supporting large sized data.
2. SQL indexing is making it very fast.
3. support all framework.
4. Integration and support for most of dotnet based software and erp solution.
5. highlt secured and very precise reciovery option.

Cons: Not at all only it should be free to use for small shops.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Eyamir U.
Profesora
  • Reviewed on 11/05/2018

"It really is a complete DBMS, and easy to use, with very good support and documentation. I recommend"

Pros: That is a relational DBMS that allows programming in hybrid environments, either locally or in the Microsoft cloud. It allows you to transfer databases in a very simple and intuitive way between your local environment and the cloud. It is one of the most secure databases in the world, because it allows transparent data encryption, audits, extensible key management and encrypted backups to protect data in critical workloads, and its storage system allows a query performance much higher than usual. All the processes of analysis, consultation, cleaning, data formatting and access are carried out at a speed that surprises you. It allows to carry out backups and recoveries: they can be configured in advance, which makes their execution carried out in a simple way. It provides extreme compression of tables and indexes and High availability: the downtime caused by updates and revisions disappears or is minimized, in order to guarantee an almost permanent availability. These availability and maintenance status of the databases can be checked easily with a very visual panel. It provides a Task Scheduler which allows you to plan tasks in advance, and they will be executed automatically. It has good documentation. And management of data types and users, which strengthens

Cons: Really as such, there is something that I do not like, in which case what I like the least is the price

• Reviewed on 11/05/2018
Pankaj R.
Pankaj Rayal
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"Great for Enterprise application"

Comments: I will rate it 9/10. Looking into features and ease to operate, performance etc. I have tried other DBs but personally like this one. SSDT is great component for Visual Studio and sometime you don't need to run SSMS (SQL Server Management Studio), as you get most of it on SSDT, but database engine must be running. I love it.

Pros: Even for beginners it's easy to use. Great for creation, management and easy to learn. The query analyser is awesome. Inbuilt template for New Database, stored procedure, views, tables. Easy to generate script for table and it's data. Execution plan is really helpful when writing complex queries. Overall, I really like it. I have full version installed my machine and have disabled some services which I don't want like SQL Agent.

Cons: The heavy one. I know it has many in built features like sending emails directly from database and generate reports but still heavy. Sometime I couldn't restore the backup from older version and that is painful. The price is high, may be the reason they have done tremendious job since they release 2005 version.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019
Edwin D.
SQL Server Engineer
Retail, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2018

"DBA's review on SQL Server (v7/2000-2017)"

Comments: Keeps getting better and better!

Pros: Since the redesign of the database engine in 2005, each new version is enriched with more and more feaures and functionallity, also pushing down more and more Enterprise features to lower editions.
Microsoft took another road a couple of years ago and are now fully embracing other platforms and eco-systems that makes the choice for SQL Server easier (or harder ... :-)).
With R, Polybase, Linux and dockers, SQL Server is definitely on their way to the future.

Cons: It takes some time to figure out which licens model you have to choose.
Even with the assisitence of third parties you hear different suggestions that makes it even harder.
But with some effort and puzzling we were able to come up with a structure that is robust an least expensive, you should closely watch the type of VM's you put on the same host in a VM-cluster and think about the way you (over)provision that host. The massive amount of new features are hard to keep up with though ...

• Reviewed on 21/11/2018
Krishnan S.
Programmer Analyst
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2020

"SQL Server for QA's"

Comments: Overall my experience with SQL server is really good and i can basically validate all the basic stuff's within QA before even reaching to the developers.

Pros: SQL Server plays a vital role in our every day's activity, when it comes to QA. 1. Very user friendly to write the queries.
2. Performing grey box testing like validating the applications middle layer data
3. Ability to track and improve on the performance of the applications request which are heavily used by the user.
4. Helps the QA to perform most of the DML, DDL queries and also to debug some of the issues without reaching out to the developers.
5. Can transmit the data from one application to another using the technology called SQL Brokering and test the same.

Cons: Some of the cons that i noticed are 1. Failure with the brokering messages, when there is huge volume of data that is flowing through from one system to another
2. Inconsistencies with the queries like rounding off decimal values.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2020
Mike lester R.
Systems & Methods Head, Data Protection Officer
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 25/10/2018

"The BEST RDBMS for your BUSINESS"

Comments: Overall, the experience with MSSQL over the years when it was version 2000 all the way to its latest version (2016?), it was an AWESOME and continuously LEARNING experience. I would recommend it for its reasonable PRICING and solid RELIABILITY for mission critical application systems.

Pros: I have used other open source RDBMS software, but nothing comes close to the ROBUSTNESS and SCALABILITY of Microsoft's SQL Servers. I have been using them in the office for almost ALL of our mission critical applications. What makes it more USEFUL is that it is closely INTEGRATED to the entire Microsoft Developer ecosystem. No matter how BIG the database is, the performance is CONSISTENT but dependent on your HARDWARE, specially the HARD DISK.

Cons: Probably the least liked feature of MSSQL is it is heavily dependent on the Hard disk. Most of the Server hard disks are still MECHANICAL and recently SSDs have been the preferred choice for storage in servers. I just read they have in memory OLTP in Azure which I have yet to explore.

• Reviewed on 25/10/2018
Sunita K.
Project Lead Development
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2018

"My views on Microsoft Sql server"

Comments: In our organization,, we are using widely this tool to create new database objects like table, stored procedure, function in our existing application.
SQL server's profiler, database tuning functionality a reporting services etc. helped a lot in daily development work.
By creating master key in database used decrypt and encrypt feature on required tables and maintained confidentiality.
Greatly helped in performance monitoring.
I'll say its a great database storage engine.

Pros: SQL server support numerous data type on a database table column name.
SQL Sever's profiler is a great tool to find out running query on sql instance.
SSMS and SSIS reporting services functionality are easy to generate the data report.
Database tuning is great feature to improve the performance of db as this provides good suggestion during this activity.
Its linked server functionality is great to retrieve data from remote server.

Cons: Sql server constrained to a single cpu. There is a limit on stored procedure's parameter but this is still sufficient number 2100.

• Reviewed on 15/11/2018
Senior Data Architect
  • Reviewed on 14/11/2018

"Enterprise software, probably the go to if the company commits to it"

Comments: Like many who use SQL Server, it's because it's 'what the company uses', and I don't have a lot of experience with other enterprise level databases, but with the support and attention it gets, it's stable and don't have to worry about it not being able to handle anything we throw at it. With that said, it does take attention to make sure things are written so it's parsers can interpret things correctly. Very small differences in filters and joins mean the difference between using an index and ignoring it, which can be the difference in milliseconds and minutes for some queries. Have used MySQL at similar levels of use and that was capable too, but was seen as less 'enterprise' worthy, and maybe missing some features of MSSQL which must have been worth the additional investment from higher up. I would say the toolsets are significantly better, as well as demanding more support, so I've basically benefitted from the upgrade.

Pros: Widely used, google search will almost always come up with high quality results
Stable, trusted

Cons: Infrastructure required, installing tools is a little clunky at times
lots of overhead

• Reviewed on 14/11/2018
Trevor H.
Network Admin
Oil & Energy, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2020

"DB software made easy"

Comments: Very positive, works great for us as one of two database platforms we run. Easy to train other IT admins on how to manage and secure it.

Pros: Easy to install, setup, configure, create databases for applications, secure for remote access, and troubleshoot when issues occur.

Cons: Licensing model is complicated and changes with every version of sql that comes out.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2020