Quickbooks Online Reviews

• Overall
    4.3 /5
    4.1 /5
    3.9 /5

About Quickbooks Online

QuickBooks Online is a small business accounting software and app that allows you to manage your business anywhere, anytime.

Learn more about Quickbooks Online

Showing 4,256 reviews

Kristen C.
Society Curator
Writing & Editing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/12/2020

"A little outdated, but still reliable software workhorse"

Comments: There's not much I can say in addition to what I've said in the above sections. I've been using QuickBooks for around 10 years, both for my own business as well as when working for other small businesses in the past, and it's been both a joy and a pain in the butt at times. Overall, I'd still highly recommend QuickBooks as the go-to software for most businesses, because it's just so versatile and has a lot of great features. However, I'd highly recommend watching a few videos or even taking a class or two before using some of the more complex features. Otherwise, you're bound to make one small mistake that acts like a parasitic vine, weaving and entangling its way into the rest of your account features, and becoming a bit of pain to unravel.

Pros: Because QuickBooks has been around for so long, there are tons of resources for information regarding how to use the software most effectively, and how to troubleshoot particularly strange issues that may arise. I appreciate that QuickBooks can be used for a business of almost any size, whether you're running a small business from home, or a multi-million dollar per year construction company. There are plenty of options for things like inventory management, accounts payable/receivable, billing/invoicing, tax scheduling, etc. The options are nearly endless, and (most) of them are reasonable easy to figure out with a little experience and know-how.

Cons: Because QuickBooks was created so long ago, some of their features continually fall behind the times. They're always just one step behind technological innovation, and their software isn't always the most user-friendly. I think it may be a symptom of the software being designed by tax-minded individuals, who tend to think wildly differently from the majority of people who are going to use this software. Some of the features are difficult to find or use, the user-interface is a bit clunky, the software can be a bit slow at times, and there's a steep learning curve for some of the more advanced features.

• Reviewed on 07/12/2020
Taylor M.
Treasurer
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2020

"Overall a great choice for nonprofits"

Comments: Overall I am very pleased by my experience with QBO. While I struggled with initial implementation, it has very much streamlined financial management once I figured out how to more efficiently utilize the software. The flexibility of using QBO through my browser of software download is an immensely important feature that I cannot overstate - since my position is volunteer/unpaid, if I ever leave the organization they cannot be tied to a software downloaded on my personal laptop. Plus its just nice to know that I have access anywhere I need, regardless.

Pros: QBO has made it so much easier to stay on top of finances for the nonprofit I work with. It's so nice to add bills for reimbursement of expenses to stay on top of when the expense occurred as well as when the reimbursement check was written vs deposited. Automatic linking to my bank account and to paypal is a lifesaver. I don't know what I would do without locations or being able to use classes for fund reporting/functional expenses.

Cons: There was definitely a steep learning curve, and I've just had to accept that some of the transactions I was doing when I first started weren't done in the most 'ideal' way. I'm adding historical finances for 8 years and struggling with handling inventory in particular, since I'm both trying to keep up with current purchases/sales and build the historical financial statements. While the QBO online forum is generally helpful for troubleshooting issues, sometimes I run into features that just aren't available on QBO and only on QuickBooks desktop which is incredibly frustrating when I know how useful it would be.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2020
Tara J.
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2020

"QuickBooks Online has changed my life"

Comments: QBO has been life-changing for me and my practice. I have clients all over the country, without QBO is could not have grown my business at the same rate.

Pros: I love the QBO eco-system. The eco-system allows me to offer more resources and solutions to my clients.
QBO doesn't have to do it all for all industries, it just has to partner with 3rd party app developers that are specialists in their industries.

Cons: There is a lack of communication from Intuit / QuickBooks. For example, if a user can't access their company file, they don't know if it's a QuickBooks issue, an internet issue, a browser issue or user error. I wish QuickBooks would send an email that says QBO is down for an hour. And if a function is not working, let us know, keep us informed of progress made.

• Reviewed on 12/03/2020
Executive Director
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/12/2019

"Quickbooks Online has changed our whole model"

Pros: Quickbooks online has allowed our organization to update, modernize, and change the way we approach our finances. Within a few months, we moved from a fairly archaic book keeping system to one that is completely modernized, online, and easier to use. Our whole team has saved time and frustration after making the change to QBO. Changing to Quickbooks online has helped us to improve our record-keeping, issue payments faster, made it easier for us to prepare for an annual audit, and provides many different options for planning, budgeting and reporting for a Board of Directors. With a small team, we are very appeciative of the Help features and online support available.

Cons: The only issue I have run into so far with Quickbooks Online is that there is a limit to the number of automatic reports that can be generated. For example, we would love to have the option to pull a variance report automatically from our records. Luckily, Quickbooks Online does provide you the features needed to build custom reports - so we got what we needed with a little bit of work.

• Reviewed on 18/12/2019
Robin P.
Client Relations
  • Reviewed on 26/09/2019

"Quickbooks Serves It's Purpose"

Comments: It's a somewhat love-hate relationship I have with Quickbooks. Love more so though. I have gotten used to a lot of Quickbooks' quirks now. It was a difficult go to get started to get things set up but I had support. I've been using Quickbooks for a few years now. I like how clean and organized invoices look for clients and how I can customize them and emails. I appreciate recurring invoices that help to avoid user error on consistency in repeat services and in sending invoices on time.

Pros: I like the ability to customize how invoices and emails look. I appreciate the ability we had to import our clients' details and past invoices when we started up with Quickbooks. The plethora of reports and customizable reports are very useful. I also appreciate being able to process payments through Quickbooks. The search ability is decent helpful in looking for specific invoices, amounts, or other specific data.

Cons: It was quite a challenge to get everything up and going when we started with Quickbooks
There are some features that are limited and seem to operate oddly, such as deleting some clients vs marking some as inactive. If I have completed services with certain clients, I want to keep their data, but mark them inactive. When I mark them as inactive, the system puts them in a state of "deleted", which makes me very concerned when I see that. I don't want to lose their data. Also, some duplicates of clients have been created or clients never started services with us. So that data was just bloating the system and a bit confusing sometimes. Those particular clients would be good to actually fully delete them. I've run into processes that can be very confusing. Luckily my accountant is able to help me through the challenges.

by Intuit on 01/10/2019

Hi there, Robin. It's great to hear you've enjoyed using QuickBooks to customize reports, process payments, and manage many other accounting elements. You can continue to count on us to help lighten the work load for years to come! We recommend our video tutorials to expand your knowledge of features and work flows in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/). Additionally, the following article provides a detailed explanation of making clients inactive in your account (https://quickbooks.intuit.com/learn-support/en-us/configure-products/make-a-customer-inactive-and-then-active/00/186156).

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

Randi H.
  • Reviewed on 07/06/2017

"QBO has been a game changer for my business, but I have a few complaints."

Pros: I converted from QB Desktop Pro to QBO about a year ago, and it has been a game changer for me. Some pros: 1. The design is much more aesthetically pleasing and intuitive than QB Desktop. I now feel comfortable doing my own reconciliations rather than paying a bookkeeper, as it is much more natural than the steps required before. 2. I can easily add users and therefore don't need to pass the file back and forth. Before, I'd forget that my bookkeeper is working on my file and would make changes, which caused big problems. This is no longer an issue. 3. I can login anywhere. 4. The apps are a big deal for me. For example, I have an app called "Importer Pro" which allows me to import the schedule from my scheduling software. It then automatically generates and invoice for my clients, and it could also automatically generate an invoice for my independent contractors based on the work they do. This saves me about 25 hours per week. I could not have done this with QB Desktop.

Cons: There are two main (and large) problems I've found: 1. You cannot revert your company. So if you make a big error, or a disgruntled employee with QBO access logs in and messes everything up, there is no going back. That's a big issue. Luckily, it has not been a problem for us yet. 2. If you need to edit a past invoice, it deletes the description and changes the hour to 1. This became a problem for me when I realized that the line items were not mapped to the client, and I needed to change the "product/service" to something that is mapped to the client. Previously, I was using a generic term in "product/service" for all clients, not realizing it was an issue. However, I cannot go back through my past invoices and change the product/service because it will delete the description and edit the hours, which is way too time consuming to deal with. I have thousands of line items that are not mapped to the client. I reported both of these issues to QBO. Asked to talk to a supervisor after the first person was very unhelpful and clearly not trained well. The supervisor said he would talk to the development team and call me back within 48 hours. That was months ago and of course, no call. Disappointing.

• Reviewed on 07/06/2017
Andre C.
Accountant
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2020

"Perfect for businesses wanting to move to the next level"

Comments: We use Quickbooks Online for our practice, we utilize 3rd party integration for time capture (and yes while Quickbooks does offer this, requires the program to be open - a mini app would be perfect for this). Payroll is very flexible and easy to use.

Pros: Ease of use for the most common features (invoicing, expense capturing), receipt capture assistance, quick and flexible search, 3rd party marketplace. Accountant version has good client management.

Cons: Not all features available in mobile (no payroll), No automatic late charge/ overdue interest (requires either manual or using 3rd party integration which greatly increases cost of product). Document attaching limited only to invoices and expense receipt capture (should be on invoice payment). Time recording should be easier within desktop app (have mini app for this ). No integration into Office 365 (would be great to have ability to bill for emails, appts, tasks etc) as well as ability to see Quickbooks Receivables when viewing either Office365 contact or viewing, writing email

• Reviewed on 09/10/2020
Andrew K.
Freelance Accountant
  • Reviewed on 12/10/2019

"QBO is great... but lousy customer support"

Comments: QBO is one of the best software around for small to midsized businesses. I have no issues with it and find it perfect for all of my use but their customer support is hit or miss. They need to focus on the issues plaguing the system and teach the support techs to be able to properly fix the issues or at minimum be aware of when things will get fixed. All in all QBO is a great solution for small to mid sized businesses needing accounting software.

Pros: Great Double Entry Accounting software! Online system is really well done and the mobile platform is great!

Cons: Customer Support is extremely lacking. Yes they train accountants to act as support but when the accountants have issues the support for them is lacking.

by Intuit on 15/10/2019

Hey there, Andrew. Hearing how much you've enjoyed using QuickBooks is music to our ears. We'll continue to have your back for years to come. As an alternative route to reach support, we invite you to check out the Community. In this space, you'll find a variety of how-to articles, and can ask your own unique question for a more tailored response from fellow users and QuickBooks Team members: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for stopping by to leave a review.

• Reviewed on 12/10/2019
Tony S.
Partner
  • Reviewed on 28/09/2020

"Quickbooks It Does what it says on the tin."

Comments: Overall we have learnt to live with QB, it has trouble with some complex transactions but you can normally find a way round it. would i change..not now with 2+ years invested in it. Learn it and stick with it and you will not be dissappointed.

Pros: Quickbooks has a clean and logical interface, a new user will be able to find their way around relatively easily, it autofills in many fields which can save lots of time. We moved over from other software and had QB setup in a few hours with all of our suppliers, clients and back accounts. It does your VAT returns with great ease. We also use the payroll feature for a few quid per month.

Cons: QB has a feature which can connect tour bank account automatically, this was working fine until an update and now it never has the right figures it only downloads the Paypal transaction amount and never the Paypal fees , this creates some additional workarounds that we should not have to do.

• Reviewed on 28/09/2020
Miguel F.
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2019

"Service your clients w/o the headache!"

Comments: Wonderful experience. Allows me to do my routine bookkeeping or clean-up jobs in a timely and more efficient way with the inclusion of the Accountants Toolbox. Though the move to the cloud is all the rage, some businesses and industries still like the power of QBDT. So QB Accountant allows me to still bring them my high level of accounting expertise.

Pros: The ability to be able to serve your clients without the headache of worrying what package or QB year they are currently working with. Without QBA package, in order for you to open a company file you and your client had to be working in the same QBDT year. For example, QB 2015 file had to be opened by QB 2015. QB Accountant solves that problem. Also, QB Accountant provide accounting professionals with an Accountants Toolbox that isn't available for your typical users. This unlocks and allows accountants and bookkeeper to perform duties, tasks, and shortcuts to a clients books in a cleaner or efficient manner.

Cons: The only aspect I don't care for is not having the option for Quickbooks Accountants for Mac. Inuit doesn't offer a package for accounting professionals that are Mac users. Though not currently a Mac user, I am in the market for a new laptop with a Apple possibility being in the picture. So when I reached out to Inuit, they informed me that QBDTA is not compatible with Mac machines.

• Reviewed on 03/06/2019
Lisa S.
CSR
Building Materials, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/06/2020

"Great Change!"

Comments: This has been a great experience so far. QBO has been much easier to work with than what we used in the past.

Pros: I love the ability to set-up our customers and bill to parent companies - keeping a history for each location.

Cons: I know that QBO is accounting software, but i wish we could create partial invoices with the quantities of items being invoiced instead of using dollar amounts or percentages. The absence of a report showing items on accepted estimates is something that I wish QBO would change. I need to be able to take a report from QBO to see what items are waiting for production without the use of an outside program.

• Reviewed on 11/06/2020
Pranay G.
Partner
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"First Hand Experience for Multiple Clients"

Comments: Despite few challenges, overall I recommend Quickbooks!

Pros: 1. Easy to navigate
2. Steps are easily available online
3. Very clean software for accounting
4. Multiple Apps which can connect with it
5. Cloud based. You can access from anywhere.

Cons: 1. It is a basic accounting software
2. There are many features which are required for automation in todays times which I don't think they have enabled.
3. Other softwares are innovating with many new features like automatic reimders etc

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Jennifer M.
Controller
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"MOre than you think"

Comments: Overall I will use QuickBooks desktop version for as long as QuickBooks makes it available. There is so much that can be done with this software, I don't think most people even know nearly all the features and capabilities.

Pros: I like how user friendly this software is and how easy it is to learn. I am constantly adding new capabilities to my tasks that make work so much easier.

Cons: I prefer the desktop version and QuickBooks is trying to move everyone to an online version. I tried that for my personal finances and it was extremely limited and expensive.

by Intuit on 01/10/2019

Hi there, Jennifer. Hearing that QuickBooks continues to make the workday easier for you is music to our ears. You can count on the Desktop version to serve your business needs with the 2020 version being the most recent release. For information about this release and new features, please see the following article: (https://community.intuit.com/articles/1884065).

Thanks for the wonderful review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

Ben R.
CPA
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/01/2019

"Small Business User"

Comments: Overall, I am very pleased with QuickBooks. It has allowed us to streamline our process, maintain organization of receipts and other documentation, and keep up-to-date on operating performance through the reporting tools.

Pros: This software and user interface are so intuitive that it makes it easy to use the software and teach others to use the software even if they have little or no accounting experience. When we set up QuickBooks for use in our small business, I was immediately concerned with teaching inexperienced employees to do bookkeeping. However, using QuickBooks,we were able to quickly train in and get our staff operating independently with minimal review. Additionally, I like the feature to attach journal entry support. It's very helpful in review of journal entries to be able to agree the entry back to supporting documentation in one click.

Cons: I would appreciate a feature which would allow someone like a CPA to see the transactions in simple Dr/Cr terms. Since the system is already performing this functionality, it would be helpful to see and aide in speeding up our review of bookkeeping entries.

by QuickBooks France on 01/02/2019

Thank you for taking the time to share such a lovely review with us, Ben! I'm delighted QuickBooks is delivering the capabilities to easily teach the software to new employees, all while providing an intuitive accounting solution for your small business.

I want to let you know that I have sent a feature request into our Product Development team. They use feedback like this when considering new features to develop for the software.

Thank you again for taking the time to review QuickBooks, Ben. I hope our software is always your accounting platform of choice!

All the best,
Clay, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 29/01/2019
Accountant
Aviation & Aerospace, 5,001-10,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/04/2020

"QuickBooks Online is the modern standard of accounting systems"

Comments: Overall, the system is very efficient and user friendly. Would recommended to anyone into using disruptive technology.

Pros: The interface is easy to use and requires no specialised training. The UI doesnt require the user to have extensive accounting/IT knowledge as QuickBooks Online system is logically laid out. The integration with other external application is not very complex unlike other systems. The main benefit of QuickBooks Online is that since this is an online version all our data can be accessed from anyway in he world without any issue. QuickBooks Online has a couple of pricing tiers and thus allows the user to obtain the right scope of the application which suits their budget. Also certain modules are there with different pricing options to suit the users. also the access to a vast range of tutorials by QuickBooks is highly commendable.

Cons: Some advanced modules/processes might not be available with QuickBooks Online although they are available in QuickBooks Desktop/Enterprise - like certified payroll/job costing etc. Mostly suitable for small businesses. There is a limit to the amount of customization that can be done for reports.

• Reviewed on 27/04/2020
Aidah M.
Customer service specialist
Transportation/Trucking/Railroad, 2-10 Employees

"Quickbooks solution"

Comments: Quick invoincing Easy storage and tracking of the inventory quick access to how much money is in debt and how much is available. Profit and loss calculations

Pros: It eases the work of accountants Its easy to use in that even none accountants can operate it. Quick and accurate calculations of the company's loses and profits.

Cons: The fact that its really hard to undo a payment already received.

by Intuit on 13/08/2019

Making accounting tasks easy for every business owner is the name of our game, Aidah, and it's great news that you've been able to do this with QuickBooks. For more info about undoing payments, we recommend visiting our Community, where you'll find specific answers to similar questions: https://community.intuit.com/

Thanks for sharing your thoughts.

Jeff W.
  • Reviewed on 26/01/2017

"Excellent Web Application that's Here to Stay"

Comments: We have been using Quickbooks Online since its early release and it has been a pivotal piece of software for our company. QuickBooks Online can be accessed from anywhere. There is no need to have to go to the office to get work done. It can be done 24/7 from anywhere. I work for numerous locations and I am able to update billing and client information without having to go to our office location to get work done. Likewise, I don't have to have a remote server running Quickbooks. While they are improving on the product, there are aspects that are not intuitive. Right clicking and opening in a new tab does not actually duplicate in a new tab. You have to take several more clicks to do so. At first, when using multiple companies, it is difficult to remember what to click to get into the actual company. It seems several tasks take too many clicks then what should be necessary. I feel like there is a lot of competition with them and Xero and these simple interface upgrades would give them more of an edge.

Pros: It's accessibility from multiple locations and different platforms.

Cons: I feel like the online banking and matching with transactions never seems to work. We have also had issues with filing of our payroll taxes. The forms are automatically submitted but from time to time the numbers are incorrect and we end up overpaying or underpaying.

• Reviewed on 26/01/2017
Patrick B.
Farming, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/08/2019

"Very comprehensive accounting software"

Comments: We are using QuickBooks only for accounting. We also used if for payroll for a number of years, but there are better payroll systems available out there

Pros: This accounting software covers all the areas needed to track and manage your accounting needs. It is set up so you put all the information in the right places and then the info is there to retrieve and use as needed.

Cons: The software is not quite as customizable as advertised. We tried to run our repair service shop with it completely, using Sales Orders and Purchase orders, but it was very cumbersome and awkward for that. It is meant to be an accounting program only, not a service program like the sales people said it would work.

by Intuit on 19/08/2019

We've got you covered for your accounting needs, Patrick. It's great to know that QuickBooks allows you to store and retrieve information with a few clicks. You may want to consider looking at third party applications which add extra functionality to the software. Here you can browse hundreds of apps that integrate with QuickBooks: https://apps.intuit.com/app/apps/home

Thanks for the great review!
David, The QuickBooks Team

• Reviewed on 15/08/2019
Jaron H.
  • Reviewed on 24/05/2018

"I use QuickBooks Online for accounting for my small business"

Comments: Saving time and money by not using spreadsheets or relying on an accountant to do everything for me. I studied accounting quite a bit in college, so I know the basics of ledgers, financial statements, etc, so I really do feel confident filing a lot of my reports on my own and using my skills i've learned to save me money.

Pros: I like how I can use it as the one place to go to find accounting info about my business. My cards are all linked, so I can just visit QBO to see transactions. I use it to run payroll and keep track of employee details for HR purposes. I like how I can use it to file my taxes 80% on my own, with only some assistance from a professional accountant. I can use QBO to run reports to get insights on my finances for budgeting and strategy. Expenses can be kept track of very easily.

Cons: QBO does occasionally have some bugs. I had a bug with connecting to my bank, and it resulted in me losing a lot of work. The search function in QBO at times can seem like a joke, and it does not live up to other insightful search functions in other software programs. Often times searching for something that I know is in QBO somewhere, pulls 0 results.
Reconciling accounts can be a big pain, and it can be easy to let things get messy especially as it relates to payroll. You really need to make sure you're on top of payroll and understand every aspect of how paychecks are calculated.
Moving transactions from one Chart of Accounts to another one is not as simple as it may seem. If, for example, I wanted to break down my "supplies" account into two more detailed accounts, it is not a simple process to mass select transactions and move to a new account.

• Reviewed on 24/05/2018
Boston B.
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 02/07/2019

"Seems to have issues all the time"

Comments: Its nice being able to use it online through a browser, but also using a desktop app and mobile app.
I use all 3 of these connections and all seem to work pretty well. Just the occasional errors that pop up.
but overall I like it, and continue to use it as my primary accounting program.

Pros: I use this as my primary way of keeping track of my finances for my company.
a handful of extra addins make it nice.

Cons: Always seems to have problems, I get the "Oops our shoes came untied" message a few times a week. It gets old. If I leave it open and then come back to it after a few hours I seem to get that message. So I am always closing and reopening the program.

• Reviewed on 02/07/2019
Marlene H.
CFO
Music, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"Accounting for the Rest of Us"

Comments: We are a small business and this software helps us keep track of sales tax in multiple counties, payroll, shareholder distributions, state/federal taxes, and sales transactions.

Pros: This software was very easy to set up and use. As our business has grown, I have been able to use more of the functionality to pay taxes, run payroll, and more. I like that it syncs with our bank accounts and reconciling is simple. The reports are helpful and the software is intuitive.

Cons: Intuit tries to sell me other products like loans and help with payroll. The software is expensive and the price continues to rise.

Brett W.
Lead Developer
Information Technology & Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2018

"Quickbooks Makes My Business Run Smooth"

Comments: While I know a lot of people who use other ways to handle and manage accounting, I use and recommend Quickbooks for the simple fact that it integrates with nearly all banks and institutions, and I can send my QB information to my accountant anytime. I'll take peace of mind in exchange for an overwhelming amount of tools and extraneous features any day.

Pros: As a self-employed web developer, I need all the help I can get with accounting and managing expenses. I first started using Quickbooks Online in 2014, and have seen the product grow and improve significantly over the years. I use the software for invoicing, expenses, 1099 forms, and a few other features. It makes me worry less about accounting and taxes and focus more on what I do best: making the internet a better place, one website at a time.

Cons: For me, there's an overwhelming amount of features that I haven't even used yet, which can be a bit intimidating, especially for someone who runs his business in a very DIY manner. I've noticed the dashboards can be a bit cumbersome when it comes to generating reports and finding basic items for when I need to invoice my clients, but after some time I was able to get over it.

• Reviewed on 22/08/2018
Lorri V.
Accounting Manager
Accounting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/07/2019

"Review of QuickBooks Online"

Comments: My overall experience with QuickBooks Online is very good. I use it on a daily bases and i have found ways around not having all the things that the desktop does. But it has solved our issues of not having to be at work to log in. We can login anywhere with the online version and i absolutely love that. Customer Service has always been great. We have never had an issue that they haven't been able to fix. I would recommend this product to anyone that does accounting, has a small business, or has a large business. This product it totally worth the money.

Pros: I have worked with QuickBooks for 15 years now. I have used the Desktop & Online Version. I love the online version more. I love that i'm not stuck at one desktop trying to log in. You can login anywhere you go. So this item is defiantly for you if you travel or work between home and the office. Some state that its hard to use, but i found it really easy to navigate to the items i need.

Cons: This product does a lot of great things. But it doesn't do everything that a desktop version does. We do PO's, Sales Orders, Invoice's, Bills/Credits, & Payroll on a daily bases but online version doesn't support all of these items.

• Reviewed on 17/07/2019
Erin C.
Executive Artistic Director
Entertainment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/09/2019

"A godsend for our small company"

Comments: This makes such a difference for us in keeping our books reconciled and clean.

Pros: I love how easily you can review your banking and assign categories to all of the expenses and income. I also appreciate the ability to create rules so that any recurring purchases can be checked with the touch of a button.

Cons: It was a bit overwhelming at first - but I had an accountant who helped me to set things up. The help/FAQs/forum section of the website is very helpful in explaining things when I need it.

by Intuit on 20/09/2019

Empowering you with the tools you need to get the job done is our top priority, Erin. We love knowing you've been able to easily keep track of accounts and transactions in QuickBooks! You can rely on us to help manage your books for years to come. For more info on features and functions in your account, we recommend taking a look at our video tutorials: https://quickbooks.intuit.com/tutorials/

We appreciate you sharing your thoughts with us!

• Reviewed on 19/09/2019
Tim S.
Veterinarian/Practice Owner
Veterinary, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2020

"Improving"

Comments: I started book keeping with the Online Version about 7 years ago, at that time the software was buggy and tricky to use. I switched to the desktop version for a year or so and hated everything about it, so I switched back to the online version after they had made some significant improvements and am generally happy with it. I do not feel, however that the sharp increase in monthly subscription and imposed restrictions to accounts is worth the price and therefore don't tend to recommend it to other business owners.

Pros: What I like most about Quickbooks Online is the ability to access it easily from anywhere. Not having to worry about cumbersome backups and sending files too and from my CPA is glorious.

Cons: The software is too rigid and does not fit my industry well. The banking data import is getting better but still parses data strangely and imports the wrong transaction names all the time.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2020