Deltek Vision Reviews

• Overall
    4.1 /5
    3.6 /5

About Deltek Vision

Project-based solution for PS firms that combines project accounting, resource management, project mgmt, time/expense and client mgt.

Learn more about Deltek Vision

Elizabeth C.
architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2020

"Adequate, reliable. Not as user friendly as others"

Comments: When using Vision, it was very adequate. However, now that I use Monograph, I see how much more capability Monograph has and how user friendly it is.

Pros: It does its job. It's reliable. It has functionality especially for management and accounting departments. Overall, it's a solid program with proven results and a user base that reinforces trust.

Cons: It's a bulky program compared to the web based program I use now. It wasn't compatible with some browsers so I had IE just for timesheets. User interface wasn't the most intuitive and customer service wasn't built in. Therefore I had to ask my accounting manager for her to contact customer service with questions.

• Reviewed on 16/09/2020
Ifeoma O.
Developer
1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/07/2018

"Deltek makes us better manage project budget."

Pros: Deltek is easy to use ,thanks to the intuitiveness of its user interface.
In time past we overly expended on projects to the extent that we crossed project budgets ,and thereby missed key project milestones. Since switching to Deltek over a year ago ,we have been able to better follow through with project budgets without overspending.
Obviously having project planning, business development and Accounting together into one platform was very much helpful. We have been able to customize the Deltek Workflow to fit into the personal needs of my team ,thereby making much more effective.

Cons: From experience so far , Delteck Vision expense reporting is flawed in the area of mobility , receipt uploads ,and ease of customization.

• Reviewed on 09/07/2018
Daisy C.
Research & Sales Manager
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2018

"I manage projects very easy"

Comments: Great!

Pros: It is a very good platform that allows us to keep up with our projects without any problem. I think the reports that this facilitates are very efficient and quite useful

Cons: between projects it is sometimes very difficult to differentiate between projects, that is, to separate work and make it look different from another project. But in general lines I have not had any problem

• Reviewed on 17/04/2018
Tony B.
Executive recruiter
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/03/2018

"See your Vision with Deltek!!!"

Comments: This product is specifically designed to support the complete project lifecycle of professional services firms, Deltek Vision helps measure your most critical business functions. From pipeline building and client management to project execution and financial management, Deltek Vision users can experience measurable benefits immediately, including increased employee utilization, streamlined project management, reduced DSO and increased margins and profitability.

Pros: Deltek Vision's is a software solution that allows you utilize custom proposal modules and government forms modules to cut down on hours off of proposal preparation. Because Deltek is the "source of truth" for our employee history and project history we are able to easily and quickly pull information from Vision onto proposal templates in minutes. Pulling information from a centralized archive it gives our users confidence in the data, employee updates/feedback are made one time (in Vision) instead having to always start the process over whenever a new proposal document is presented to the employee and gives our marketing professionals the extra time needed to craft the proposal to meet the RFP and client requested information. We use Deltek Vision to support our Strategic Plan goal for the company growing and win more work!

Cons: The user interface is extremely difficult to get used to. Since we started using this software my group has received a lot of calls from people in my organization who are unsure how to do basic searches and will ask us for help/assistance because they'd rather not deal with it. The main thing that is not intuitive is its search function, which is critical.

• Reviewed on 08/03/2018
Jun J.
Accounting Manager
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"Powerful yet not so user friendly."

Comments: Not so user friendly, too much steps to get one voucher in. Entering description is not so easy and flexible, keep getting too much error message.

Pros: Biggest help is that It has WIP feature where we can keep track or our work in progress without outsourcing to vendors. It offers full accounting functions.

Cons: In the reports, info are not easily accessible with clicking the items you want to see. VIsual weakness where it does not disclose all info in the window and cannot adjust borders left or right to fully expose all info...always need to use left and right scroll to enter or see the whole line.. voucher and invoice number too short, can't fit long numbers,
All the modules are not available...can't tell if other modules that we don't have licenses are useful to us or we need it if we don't know how it works or what it can do,,,,it doesn't give trial period like quickbooks or peachtree where we can test it for short period.
Reports are too much options but doesn't have options that allows us to see more clearly. Visual really too messy...would like to see simpler and clear reports.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Rob W.
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 31/08/2017

"Could build an aircraft carrier with this software or use it to run a small destroyer, depending on your needs."

Comments: Overall as compared to the other 5 ERP systems I have used over the years I have to say Vision is one of the best out there, especially for project oriented tracking. Deltek is also a company looking for improvement and advancement within their programs. The new generation they are working on to Vision takes the program to a very modern and more robust place. Great things are coming!

Pros: Has the ability to be customized in many ways to improve functionality and process routine tasks behind the scenes with workflows. Great when you want scheduled reports to be pushed out to staff on a regular basis, can be either be emailed or sent to a dashboard. System is fairly easy to use and navigate once you get the hang of it. However, the size and capability can be off putting if you give too much access to none power users.

Cons: Although there are many reports and lots of options within each report they can also be limiting. For example if you wanted to run an A/R graph for aging you can only choose three options (Current, 30, & 60 days). Therefore if you have five options (Current, 30+, 60+, 90+, 120+) you will need to run two graphs to see all the info. However, if you have someone who know SQL you can design and write your own reports which is a plus.

• Reviewed on 31/08/2017
Sue I.
Accounts Receivable Manager
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2017

"Deltek Vision - Wonderful Program to Control & Grow Your Project Based Business"

Comments: Deltek Vision is a work horse of a software program. Its functionality is extensive and requires a full time person to be invested fully into set up and maintenance of the many features available. We find that we aren't able to use many of the great features simply because we don't have the time to explore and learn them all. Reporting features are fantastic and so useful in project management. Highly recommend this program for any project based company.

Pros: The reporting features are so inclusive that you really can get any info you need at the click of report once you have them set up.

Cons: It relies on accurate entry of data so I can't even say that there's a negative about the software just that you need consistent processes of input in order for the features to work efficiently.

Eric M.
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2017

"EMajor Civil Engineer Review of Deltek Vision"

Comments: I have used many of the tools in Vision, including the new iAccess and am excited to see what continues to improve. I do have one wish that i hope could be granted and that is to have iAccess show the project task and phase (not just the number) when your cursor is in a cell to enter time, like it shows in Vision. That way it will allow a double check as a user enters their time, I have found more errors when team members are using iAccess because they may not realize they are entering a code for ROW in Phase 53 and it should have been Utilities in Phase 52. And the line chart showing actual and planned progress will become a great asset. Thanks

Pros: Ease of tracking time and ability to break down complex projects and filter billings.

Cons: iAccess doesn't show a project description when entering cells, see comment in review

Ashley M.
Civil Engineering, 2-10 Employees

"Professional Engineering Firm"

Comments: Vision allows our firm to seamlessly track project progress and maintain our office system in a safe and convenient location. We have been able to reduce paper-waste by uploading invoices and A/P directly into Vision. User settings allow our employees quick access to items needed to complete their projects efficiently. We are definitely happy with Vision!

Pros: Everything is very direct - you don't waste time looking for the program you need or wondering which program to utilize.

Cons: Some of the features (ie - vacation accruals) are difficult to set without previous software programming experience.

Jennifer B.
Corp. Marketing Specialist
Civil Engineering, 51-200 Employees

"Love Deltek Vision!"

Comments: I have been using Deltek Vision for well over a decade. I love it! It's flexible, easy to use and completely customizable.

Pros: The flexibility. Ease of use.

Cons: The reporting feature. In my last job, where I also functioned database administrator, I used Crystal Reports (which I really liked) to create the reports I needed. In my new job, I don't have Crystal so I've been having to make do with the standard reports which aren't as customizable.

Joseph M.
Senior Escalation Technician
  • Reviewed on 12/07/2018

"Phenomenal support and very expansive software set"

Pros: Very responsive, very good support and never ending modules to make employees lives easier. We are currently using the Time and Expense mobile apps with little to no challenges. Setup took a bit of work but support was there ever step of the way. Any problem is corrected within hours instead of days.

Cons: Due to the complexity and versatility it is not as point and click for install or use as some other products. This is a very welcome trade off for me and my company as the benefits outweigh the cons.

• Reviewed on 12/07/2018
Charon D.
Project accountant
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees

"Deltek is my frenemy"

Comments: I have used Deltek Vision for 10 years or so. Most of my frustrations are with features. My first company I used it for was a super user and this company we are not and I see that there are a lot of hang ups.

Pros: To me its easier than Oracle and CRM other accounting systems.

Cons: without upgrades the capabilities and ease of doing things is limited.

Reinaldo R.
Estudiante
  • Reviewed on 22/05/2018

"Deltek Vision is a solution for professional services companies."

Comments: A single piece of software to manage project-based accounting. Timesheets, expense reports, general ledger and everything else are in one place. Clear vision can help each strategy goal so that the organization grows and gains more work. It provides crucial data in real time through graphic charts in roles, customizable reports and alerts. Account managers and public accountants can clearly see each project and allow easy-to-use project reports. The customer service is also amazing.

Pros: Deltek Vision is very good because it offers updated data in real time through graphical charts in roles, customizable reports and alerts, it also allows companies that manage all financial aspects, Deltek Vision is a software solution that allows to use customized design modules and forms modules for the preparation time of the proposal. With Deltek Vision you can support each strategy goal for the organization to grow and earn more work.

Cons: It happens that in some reports, you can not easily change the information that is being clicked on the items you want to display. Module cabinets are not available. The reports are too many options, but they do not have options that allow us to visualize with greater clarity.

• Reviewed on 22/05/2018
Jennifer H.
Civil Engineering, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2017

"Deltek is great!!"

Comments: I use Deltek everyday at work for many purposes. From handling all of our accounting functions to our staff resource planning to storing Human Resource data, Deltek is the perfect tool to have all of this in one, easy-to-use software!

Pros: I love the different functionalities of the software, it can be used for many purposes.

Cons: Sometimes it can have glitches or errors that prevent me from saving my work, which results in me having to start over again. This is rare, though.

• Reviewed on 18/04/2017
Kaila S.
Accounting Associate
Public Relations & Communications, 51-200 Employees

"Great Tool"

Comments: I love using Deltek Vision, it is a great place to keep all of our business related information. There are many resources to keep up to date on changes to the software.

Pros: I like that it is easy to use, easy to teach to others and a great place to store all of the important information that we need for our day to day business.

Cons: There are some limits to functionality, but I have been able to work with the customer support team to find a workaround.

Karen Q.
CFO
Management Consulting, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2017

"Deltek Vision"

Comments: Superior product for A & E firms.

Pros: Very robust program. Endless options for customization of settings and reporting. Able to leave multiple windows of data open while looking for additional information.

Cons: The Help function is not very easy to understand. Often doesn’t have the issue I’m looking for. Calling support is frustrating and I avoid calling.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2017
Lavanya R.
Project manager
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2018

"Overall it's a great tool for project management."

Pros: Deltek helps to improve business development by organizing all client information very effectively. Deltek can segregate the works that have been finished and determining the time that has been spent on each work.Billing and invoices are differentiated based on the client project. We can customize everything according to our work requirement, Deltek provides a good customer support for any problem.

Cons: The interface is not intuitive there are no basic tutorials showing how to use the interface. Expense report submission needs improvement which takes a lot of time to create it.Apart from this, there is no more issues using this software.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2018
Pete S.
Operations Manager
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/06/2017

"Associate"

Pros: SQL Driven, Web based to work from anywhere, complete ERP solution. Works very well for multi company

Cons: price is high but this is offset by great support and constant updates. The administration for the security could be more flexible with allowing users to have multiple roles, currently you can only have one

• Reviewed on 28/06/2017
HR Generalist
Environmental Services, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Great Project Management Tool"

Pros: Highly customizable and integrates HR with project management tools, payroll and accounts payable. Everything is in one software for one price.

Cons: There's a long period of training to understand its full functionality.

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Kathleen A.
Sr. Assoc/Off Mgr
  • Reviewed on 21/03/2017

"2017 DELTEK VISION REVIEW"

Comments: I have been using Deltek Vision for 11 years. I love the product and find most of the features produce the results that owners need to make the best decisions and monitor the projects closely for profitability.

Pros: Ability to collect data and analyze the results quickly

Cons: The limitation with designing specific reports

• Reviewed on 21/03/2017
Kristy R.
CSR
Architecture & Planning, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/11/2019

"Vision vantagepoint"

Comments: Just moved to lower level billing. Love it,

Pros: Ability to customize to company’s needs. User friendly.

Cons: I hate that the help button is located with the other options on tool bar. It would be great to separTe that.

• Reviewed on 19/11/2019
Connie C.
Business Manager
Architecture & Planning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/06/2017

"Been on Vision for over 10 years, future upgrades should make it more user friendly for PM's."

Pros: Availability of data makes reporting very robust. Customer service is excellent. Future changes should make it easier for PM's.

Cons: Significant changes upcoming but there is little information as to how the transition will be dealt with.

• Reviewed on 27/06/2017
Suzie H.
Marketing and Proposal Development Coordinator
Facilities Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/11/2019

"Solid CRM Tool"

Comments: Reporting for marketers and managers has been good.

Pros: The connectivity among info centers is a plus.

Cons: The inability to drag in Outlook emails to populate client activities

• Reviewed on 18/11/2019
Deb B.
Controller
Architecture & Planning
    4.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 10/06/2016

"Robust but works well!"

Pros: Customer service is always there and they don't give up. Deltek is continuously looking for feedback and ways to improve their software to better serve their customer. Very robust from the proposal stage to invoicing and financial reporting. A complete ERP system.

Cons: It's robust since it covers all the departments in your organization. This makes it complex and hard to learn without time spent in training.

• Reviewed on 10/06/2016
Gregg C.
IT Administrator
  • Reviewed on 16/03/2018

"My current employer has Vision as our time management, accounting, and expense platform."

Pros: The mobile app for time reporting is awesome! We have a lot of folks in the field and we get very accurate time reporting from them now.

Cons: You cannot easily copy time sheets each week going forward, specifically multiple line items for the same charge code.

• Reviewed on 16/03/2018