Housecall Pro Reviews

by Housecall Pro

Filter by:

• Overall

About Housecall Pro

Housecall Pro is a top-rated business solution for home service professionals to streamline scheduling, dispatching, payments, & more.

Learn more about Housecall Pro

Showing 2,539 reviews

Paul M.
Paul M.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/03/2020

"Great Product!"

Comments: CRAZY! how I ever managed without it. My life as a business owner was forever simplified by this on decision. Great Job Guys! Really, I mean it.

Pros: I appreciate the customer support team, always ready to improve. The pro vote feature is ingenious, I have seen several of my personal pro-votes come to fruition.

Cons: The name. When interacting with clients the name "HouseCall pro" is limiting this amazing product to residential service calls, when in fact it is so much more. I had to modify a few internal processes, but I've managed 2 and 3 month projects from 1 invoice allowing Change Orders to bill out as segments. the name should be revised, considering something more wild. Service Titan had the right idea on the wrong product.

• Reviewed on 01/03/2020
Orville davis, L.
Orville davis, L.
Renewables & Environment, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/03/2021

"Great ERP system for small businesses especially in Service industries"

Comments: I love Housecall Pro

Pros: I love that I can do everything in one spot. Employees can clock in, jobs can be scheduled. Dashboards are present to view performance, and credit processing is easy.

Cons: A bit expensive per month but it definitely has a lot of features. Every now and then it will have some bugs but easily fixed.

• Reviewed on 06/03/2021
Christine F.
Business Office Manager
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2020

"Great Application for the Money"

Comments: Overall I am pretty satisfied.

Pros: Easy integration, new features being added fairly quickly, love that they work with third party applications that help our business grow and features that benefit our customers such as the Consumer Financing, especially since the COVID hit. Their customer service is great, there is always someone willing to help me when I get in a jam and need help quickly. The software is easy to use and learn. There are features that can be added along the way as your business grows to help the company to continue to grow. I am waiting to see what new features they will add next.

Cons: Would like to see more consumer financing options for people with lower credit scores though. I would like to see the ability to add a middle name in the customer information section of the app. I have trouble when I have more than one customer with the same first and last name. Also, there is an issue where you only have the option of homeowner and business, but nothing for tenant. Not to mention that sometimes we have to bill the tenant and the the owner and vise versa. There is also and issue when you send the invoice over to QuickBooks and you have an invoice being sent to the owner but the tenant CST info was used to schedule the estimate and the job, it wants to put the tenants name in the Billing information section of the invoice instead of the sending or jobsite section of the invoice. I have to manually change the information before emailing or printing out the invoice in QuickBooks.

• Reviewed on 21/11/2020
Jon S.
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/06/2020

"Invoices and reports is not really what this company whats to do."

Comments: My issue with this company is that they actually created an awesome layout. I payed another company in full this year but I'm not using them because there was a convoluted way of entering all of the info you need to generate an invoice and then upon emailing there was no message. So after writing two invoices I went right back to HCP. However, if you have a suggestions. You'll ask, "hey how to do this?" and they'll reply with an answer or "sorry we don't offer that know but will put it in the suggestion box." Then time goes on, you forget then the need for that particular Item comes up again. You remember and ask again-- same answer. You find on Facebook other people asked months before you but no change. It seems like: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN], payed to have the system created but then fired all the programmers. Having the ability to run a material report is bookkeeping 101. Signatures at the bottom of the invoice was asked by many but is is only available on the phone app and for approving an estimate. Other people have asked for material and labor to be separate. It seems like their not interested in updating their invoicing software as they learn the needs of the users. The users just have to adjust or not use it. The additional services their company has added is website building, credit card processioning, and marketing. when I signed up it was invoicing only. clearly they don't want to do that ant more.

Pros: Obviously, as said by others it allows you to free up time in office. You can easily write up an invoice from anywhere you have cell service.
There is an ease of use factor and when you email invoice there is a pre-written message.

Cons: .....So with that massage your customer know knows who housecallpro.com is because they let the customer know it is from HOUSECALLPRO not you.
There is no offline work-ability. so you have to take payment and bill later sometimes.
when you write the invoice later the calendar, check in, and check out button consistently pushes the current time. even after you set it; for, if you need to edit it goes back to default upon doing so.
If you take payment after the job and then require a signature well not on this invoice. only on the estimate and only in a smart device app. I use a desktop with cell service. Customer support is only through chat message If you want any additional features you have to pay more. And now, my accountant is asking for separation of materials and labor on the exported exel file; "oops....no can do," says HCP.

• Reviewed on 01/06/2020
Scott W.
Owner/Operator
Consumer Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 06/05/2020

"Pro user"

Comments: Before joining house call Pro I had just purchased 500 invoices for over $100 and I've only used since then maybe 12:00 house call Pro makes it easier with invoicing scheduling the pricing when booking job is very difficult because your categories are too long so when you look at the price list on your phone for example it's almost impossible to find what you're looking for I really believe this is your number one problem on your house call Pro at if you could fix this as well as the Rolodex problem for example when a customer calls in it shows house call Pro customer but then you look them up on the Rolodex and hit the search hourglass they do not come up so what's the use even having it I have gotten lucky before was able to do it by scrolling down a little bit but it's just doesn't make sense I would spend a little money and get some programmers and fix both of those problems it's very important that you abbreviate carpet is CPT uppercase C or all uppercase and in clean until there's more room to the right of that to put the title of what the item is in the price list I don't mean to jump around a little bit but I just got off work and I'm trying to wind down.

Pros: Scheduling jobs. But there are several problems with scheduling jobs that I mention later in this review please pay attention it could help your business a great deal I know from experience in the past dealing with other marketing companies such as Angie's List what they have done wrong the information provided here is priceless I have a degree in marketing please listen to what I have to say I think you all have great positive attitude and I really appreciate who you are but I really believe there's some issues that you need to fix at a low cost compared to the amount of money that house call Pro will lose in the future please consider everything in this review that I have to say and I promise you will be number one in this industry because already you show that you care by having the pros the people that really take this seriously go to your company meetings that is very intelligent but please read what I have to say here thank you!

Cons: I think this app needs some work for example existing customers is almost impossible to locate but you know they're in the Rolodex for one house called does have it right by showing that it's a previous customer but how do you look that person up in the Rolodex it's virtually impossible I get lucky every now and then but I've given up. The other problem is I paid $50 for a credit cards swiping product but it doesn't work and I don't quite get the text messages but if house call Pro had a live person I could figure out a lot more but it doesn't seem to exist I was at one time in contact with an [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] and then they drop the ball I have nobody to talk to and another thing is when you do talk to people you should make it to where you are automatically emailed for a customer a representative review so then your representatives do a better job and try their best for example Angie's List represented always had a chip on their shoulders even though they were review company they never reviewed themselves I've watched them go from nine hundred million dollars almost a billion dollars down to five hundred million dollars and sold out with a Icee at 550 million dollars all because nobody would listen to their business partner Scott Watkins. I have a lot of entrepreneurial ideas and place I am soon retiring from carpet cleaning and I will be a multi-millionaire it would be in the best of of interest of house call Pro to listen to my advice I have a degree in marketing.

• Reviewed on 06/05/2020
Lisa M.
Business Administrator
  • Reviewed on 01/05/2020

"User friendly"

Comments: We are a small family business we specialize in full Plumbing & HVAC services. We came across House Call Pro from another vendor who visited our home , at the time we were looking into going automated, prior we were all manual. We called other vendors however their prices were very high. I called House call Pro the monthly price was very reasonable and it was perfect for our needs. We are very happy with the software and its made our life so much easier. Honestly we look back now and cant believe we were manual!!! When I do have a question customer service is quick to respond . We also feel this software made our company look much more professional, our customers receive a confirmation when in route and we are able to take payments and email receipts as well as estimates immediately. We definitely recommend House Call Pro!!

Pros: This software is very user friendly, without any training most of our team was able to dive right in and start using the software immediately . I love the fact that we can schedule, take payments view our customers history and overall have the ability to use every function of the software whether your in the office or out if the field. We can send internal messages to our staff as well as our customers. This software shows our overall earnings, tracks invoices that our outstanding and honestly allows our company to run smoothly and efficiently.

Cons: In the beginning for some reason if I had to go back and close out a job and back date it, the software would not allow me to choose the appropriate date, however this has been fixed and I haven't had any recent problems with this particular issue.

• Reviewed on 01/05/2020
Jason E.
  • Reviewed on 15/11/2019

"Housecall Pro - ALMOST the best home services software on the market"

Comments: Initially very good upon onboarding. As soon as we were up and running we were asked to join a few other programs they offered which were beneficial to us and due to the initial
low price we were happy to add these on.
As far as functionality, the system is great for home services companies with features like "on my way" texting and emails as well as processing for payments and online booking. Implementation by the company was our issue. The features were great but many were buggy and did not work well together.

Pros: Housecall Pro has a robust amount of features in an affordable package.
The main interface is fairly easy to use
Dedicated online fan base on Facebook that is a ton of help

Cons: No official support phone line from the company. They utilize a chat bubble on their website for support and have little to no way of escalating a problem to speak with someone. The implementation of new features comes fast and furious. The features are not always perfected before implementation and are buggy

by Housecall Pro on 26/12/2019

Thanks for your loyalty and the 4-star review, Jason. We are constantly making improvements to the platform and launching new features. Our chat bubble is able to handle many of our customer's questions, but we have recently launched some packages that come with dedicated phone support for those who prefer that. Please take a look and let us know if you would be interested in one!

• Reviewed on 15/11/2019
Boo T.
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/09/2019

"Clients LOVE it!"

Comments: I love that it talks to quick books, but sometimes there are glitches that my book keeper can't figure out without an HCP rep. I love how easy it is to use on my phone.

Pros: The feedback I get from clients is that they love the professionalism of the software, the easy ways to communicate, the online booking option, the automated 'on my way' text and paying online. What I like is how easy it is to look at. I know other software have more options, but sometimes less is more. You can get lost in all the functions and it makes it harder to use. I don't need a lot of the other features that other software offers. I need software that is quick and easy to use (and hard to screw up). The way everything is set up makes each page easy to look at, therefore, easy to navigate and use.

Cons: I don't like that I can't call someone to help me figure something out. I don't like that the invoice number is not the same as the estimate number and sometimes it can be tricky to keep them the same. I wish there was an automated function to send an invoice for the deposit once someone approves an estimate. Another thing that would be helpful is if people can schedule an estimate online, not just a job. I know I can convert jobs to estimate, but numbering can get tricky. One more thing. It would be helpful if on the app, you can see the invoice number right on the calendar or when you open up the job. I'm in metal warehouses a lot buying material and I have to select the invoice button just to see the invoice number and reception is bad. My way around it has been putting the invoice number in the notes, but that's obnoxious.

• Reviewed on 13/09/2019
Julie S.
Business Manager/Owner
  • Reviewed on 11/10/2018

"My HCP experience"

Comments: HCP has brought our business to the next level. We have been using the software for two years and have a very basic plan. Before HCP, we were keeping our appointments in a spiral calendar and customer information was difficult to maintain. With HCP, we have been able to better track our customer activity and history. One of the newer features that I find interesting is the lifetime value of the customer. This is giving us some insight into how much revenue our customers generate. I am considering upgrading to the next level of HCP to begin accessing some of the marketing tools that HCP promotes.

Pros: I like the ease of use for employees and users in the field. It is simple, yet allows our company to be in contact with our customers. From the office perspective, we have reduced how many invoices we are sending the mail significantly. Our customers like receiving e-mails from us, including the invoices. The portal for payment is easy to use. There has been a significant increase in online payments through the portal. Our employees find the app easy to use and the location services make it easy for them to find our customers homes.

Cons: The times on the schedule page, need to somehow be highlighted or the top of the hour bolded. It is really difficult to schedule an appointment on the week view for Friday, because the time is in the far left margin. I would love to have the ability to make comments on the time card section. That way when I need to make a change to an employee's time card, I can also note why the change was made. The way that the credit card payments integrate with quickbooks is frustrating, as I have to go to each transaction and manually change where it posts the payment. I would like to have the ability to designate where the payment goes. In addition, it would be nice to change the QB display name on HCP ourselves, instead of talking with customer support. One more thing, can payments affecting more than one invoice be posted as one payment, versus each individual invoice. This would make processing deposits so much easier.

• Reviewed on 11/10/2018
Rebekah B.
Administrative
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/12/2017

"Combined most of my programs into one"

Comments: We are a commercial cleaning business and have been in business for almost 20 years. For the last few years we have been transitioning from paper to digital. We have multiple employees, that are private contractors. They work at several locations. Each location has it's own pricing. Most times any additional services or charges added to a job are reported back with in a day or two.
We were using a paper calendar for on the go access, that was then copied to a shared online calendar. That information was entered into an invoicing program and invoices were emailed via a private email account. The process from work ordered to invoice sent could take up to a week depending on when our employees got back with information about the job.
Going into this next year we decided to try an "all in one" program. Housecall Pro so far has been great! It has most of the features we need. I love the app feature that comes with this program. It pings the employee when a job is assigned. Reminds them of upcoming work, gives directions to the location and lets them add details, pictures, or services to that job on site. My workload has been cut significantly, allowing me to get to other administrative demands finished that usually get pushed into my weekend. Having the calendar, employee assignment, clients, services, and invoicing all in one place is amazing.
I've had to make some adjustments and "tricks", since it is a basic program. But nothing enough that's made it difficult to use.
Overall it has taken a good amount of stress and transition from our plate. For single users to a company with multiple employees, this program can do a lot for you.

Pros: Convenience, combines most of your business programs into one easy to use program
Customer Service, with offices on both coasts I am able to get in contact with customer service within 10 minutes.
Accessibility, I can access the program from any computer with internet connection or use my phone via the app.
Faster Reporting, employees out on the job can add details, services, or new jobs on sight.
Cuts out bridges between programs and communication, I can enter in a job on the program, assign my employee and it's sent to whomever I need it to be sent to (employee or client) saves me from having to enter it onto either a paper calendar, or a shared calendar, and then notifying the employee of the job and then waiting on a report that they have completed the work.
No contract - you can do monthly, half year or annual commitments

Cons: Limited customization, I have to incorporate my own item code to personalize my clients services. The invoices are also limited on what can be changed/added
Only completed jobs can be searched. There's no search or sort option for each client. So I have to scroll through jobs. Once a client accumulates work it can be a hassle to scroll though pages of information.
Confirmation emails, because the invoices are sent though the program. I don't receive confirmation emails. It only show what has been sent.

• Reviewed on 12/12/2017
Mike B.
Construction, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 18/10/2016

"Almost There"

Comments: I am a painting and drywall contractor in the Indianapolis area and have looked at about a dozen different programs to help me run my business. The first thing I can say, is that it seems that no perfect program exists, since most are either too generic (difficult to tailor to my industry) or too cumbersome. I actually "used", as in, not really, Builder Trend for a period of time, but found it to be way more than I really needed. Method CRM was another, but it seemed too difficult to master. Several of my coleages in the industry are using estimating software, in addition to Basecamp, Pipeline Deals and other things. Since I am a one man operation, I have to do everything from sales to production to marketing to billing, so time is at a premium for me and I needed a solution that was easy enough to learn. I also needed a program that would synch with my Quickbooks online (another imperfect program, but its what I know) and allow me to function in the field. I eventually stumbled upon HouseCall Pro and was impressed enough to give it a shot. Right from the start, I found it easy to learn. In fact, I signed up, had my personalized tutorial and three hours later was writing my first estimate in the field on it. I will highlight the pros and cons in the fields below, but I can say that this is a company that is constantly improving its product. I get the sense that they want to be able to provide a one stop program. I say that because I have had conversations with one of their specialists and he was asking me what else would I like to see them doing to improve. They have a chat bubble online (at your desktop only) that is available most hours and they connect quickly with helpful answers. My biggest beef with this program is that they are spending a lot of time building new features into the program when I think they should be tweaking existing features. For example, there is an auto responder email feature that you can set up for as many emails as you like, but they have not included an option to include hyperlinks in the emails. I am sending out a survey form and also a review request form, in which I have created the links, but the customer is forced to copy and paste in order to access these. Unfortunately, I am getting zero responses because a hyperlink would be easier. All in all, I think HouseCall Pro is on the right track, but they have a way to go before they can live up to their true potential.

Pros: QBO synchronization, ease of use, ability to do estimates and invoices in the field. Tags allow tracking of specific items (similar to classes) like lead type and services provided. GPS to track employees and picture of house from Google maps shows on customer page. Auto responder feature, postcard program that is cost efficient. Great customer service, responsive. Online booking of jobs for customers. Ability to take credit cards. Mobile program lets customers know when you are on the way to their home. You can set up employees/techs and have their picture sent to the customer before they arrive at a job.

Cons: I have found issues with duplication of invoicing; there seems to be no recognition of multiple invoicing for a single estimate. No hyperlink option for the auto responder email program. Credit card option cannot be turned off on a mobile device, must be done on desktop version when invoicing. There is no job costing function. At $199.00 per month, I feel that this program can do so much more.

• Reviewed on 18/10/2016
Kenneth N.
COO
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2016

"FSM, CRM and Appointment Scheduler - All in one!"

Pros: For 18 months we were looking for a software that could do three things: 1. Manage our customer database (CRM)
2. Schedule appointments and send automatic reminders to customers
3. Assign and dispatch employees to jobs (Field Service Management)
It seemed every software was designed to do one, MAYBE TWO, of these things, but no software could do all three. Then we found HouseCall Pro. It seemed almost too good to be true, but HouseCall does it all for us. We haven't looked back. 1. App for field technicians is awesome! Best I've seen. 2. Strong and powerful integration with Google -- autofills addresses and integrates with Maps. 3. Automatic e-mail reminders sent to customers. 4. Postcard marketing campaigns. 5. Quickbooks compatible. 6. Incomparable customer service. They have a friendly, helpful and intelligent group of people working for them. They are always there to listen to requests and solve problems. The messaging app within the desktop software lets you communicate with them directly anytime. They always seem to respond within mere minutes. 7. They are constantly releasing updates and improvements to the software. It gets better with every release and it shows they really listen to customer suggestions!

Cons: 1. The schedule view is hard to read and use. When you are trying to get an overview of your resources and availability, you have to scroll left/right as well as up/down. It's made it hard for us, so we still have to rely on Google Calendar to view employee availability when trying to schedule jobs. 2. No automatic reminders sent to employees. There is a push notification one hour before a job starts, but this is not enough time for us. We want an email or test least a day, even a week, in advance. 3. Few customization options. (eg - You cannot rename "professional" to "stylist" or "technician" to suit your industry.) You can't include hyperlinks in follow-up emails to link customers to a satisfaction survey. (They have to copy/paste the address into the browser.) 4. No way to "black out" dates on scheduler for employee time off. Again, we still have to use Google Calendar. Although they just released "Non-Job Events" and this could serve as a possible workaround for us. We are looking into it! 5. The CRM is weak. (No multiple contacts for a business, no way to name different service addresses, no pipeline for making sales, etc.)

• Reviewed on 13/01/2016
Monica C.
Consumer Services, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/05/2020

"Housecall Pro Review"

Comments: Business overall with HCP has gone well. The team is prompt and helpful and their mobile-friendly software makes the system so useful. It's an organized and very visually appealing product which makes it easy to use.

Pros: Housecall pro offers a wide variety of useful features that help make work easy. I like that they are constantly trying to improve and that they offer impeccable customer service. Throughout this situation, it's clear that HCP cares about their clients as they continue to help offer resources to us. Being that the software is very mobile friendly makes such a difference. I don't need to be in the office to make a change to something that needs to be done within the system.

Cons: Although HCP offers a great product, it comes at an expensive price and key features they add always cost more money. With an ever-growing racial expanse taking place in our country, we would like HCP to offer bilingual services as many of our employees' first language is not English. Certain features could use more development such as employee hours and scheduling. No report shows you how many hours your employee was scheduled for throughout the week, and no report shows how many hours they actually worked.
Scheduling takes place daily on our end and is very time-consuming. We would like HCP to develop their scheduling system even more. If they could offer automated scheduling that would be the ultimate feature.

• Reviewed on 08/05/2020
Kelan M.
  • Reviewed on 02/06/2020

"The best team and software out there!"

Comments: Our team loves the schedule, we love how we are able to stay organized, we love everything about HCP.

Pros: Their customer support is the better than any I have ever experienced. You are never dropped throughout the process and you have a dedicated account manager that helps you whenever you need it. Plus they have provided a Facebook page for all of their pros to talk and collaborate. There are members of HCP who also jump on and help troubleshoot. Never seen something like this before. I'll be here for a long time just because of those two things.
And then, take into consideration how they responded to Covid-19. No other company I know of has done this. They have had daily zoom meetings with their pros and quite a few guest speakers since Covid-19 shut things down in the middle of March. Those meeting REALLY helped my team and I get through some tough and scary times. They helped me navigate the PPP Loan, Unemployment, and many other things.

Cons: There are quite a few things being worked on so there is a lot in "beta", etc. I look forward to utilizing those features in the near future!

• Reviewed on 02/06/2020
Paul L.
  • Reviewed on 14/06/2018

"I've used HouseCall Pro for 1 1/2 yrs. It has reduced many of the daily tasks running my business."

Pros: Scheduling and invoicing jobs, automatic text reminders to employees and customers about upcoming work, email and postcard follow up with customers, Online booking for website and FB pages, invoice tracking, earnings tracking, etc, etc, etc, all kinds of tracking. HouseCall Pro customer service is fantastic. Ease of use. There's almost zero learning curve. You just dive right in and start using it! And if you can't figure out something, help is generally only seconds away, at the most a few minutes. And they speak real English, not Geekspeak! They have a great Facebook group. I've learned so much about business tips and strategies from other members all over the country it's unbelievable. It's like I've been introduced to a whole group of people who share the same struggles in operating a business and everybody on the group helps everybody else. HouseCall Pro is always adding more improvements and integrations with other services. The people at HouseCall Pro listen to their members and are constantly making it better and better. I own a plumbing business and have invested in hundreds of great tools for doing my work, but I'd have to say HouseCall Pro is the best tool I've ever invested in. For the first time, I'm in control of and working on my business. It no longer controls me. I've added one new truck and service tech this year and looking at an additional cost at least, in receipts this year. Couldn't have done it without HouseCall Pro.

Cons: I really can't think of anything. I really can't thing of anything. I really can't think of anything.

• Reviewed on 14/06/2018
Kim B.
manager
  • Reviewed on 03/05/2020

"More Profits while saving time."

Comments: Great, I am able to estimate, process and manage jobs remotely and accurately.

Pros: Seamless integration with QuickBooks Online.

Cons: Inability to Change a customer name on any estimate or job.

• Reviewed on 03/05/2020
Automotive, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/03/2019

"Good start but needs work"

Comments: Overall at first glance it looks good, feels good and gives you a warm and fuzzy while you have someone guiding you. It is not super user friendly though. I have run across situations where it takes longer to do one thing than it should. A 5 yr old should be able to figure it out simple enough. If they can’t, it’s too complicated. In my design class in college, KISS was harped on repeatedly. Don’t make it simple for you to use but for someone not as smart as you.

Pros: Everything in one place. Customers get their own profile with a Zillow preview so we show up to the right house. Love the on my way and finish feature especially for txting the customer. Would also include that on the start button. Company may want options to turn on/off. Love the signature function and ability to add docs for customer if they are in signed contract. Maybe include the ability to have contacts made for company and ensured by lawyers that contact can be upheld.

Cons: Scheduling could be easier. There should be a right click function to block out times manually rather than a 20 step process. A mileage feature for mobile Services should be added. Possibly even using Zillow to auto populate the mileage and a place to set company cost per mile for weekday AND weekends. Ability to set employee base pay and option for them to NOT see what customer is paying but what they will make from the job. Field techs should never have access to how much a customer is paying. Simply show up, do the job, get a signature and leave. Also, should auto populate and keep track of employees when they arrive at a location, Mark as working and when they leave. I would like to see this app keep constant track of employees out in the field to ensure they are doing what they are suppose to and where they are going at all times. When booking online, if a customer books a job that says “3-4 hours” then the option should specify that when scheduling. Currently only limited to hour duration set by company and not based on the time for service.example: I can only set but blocks right now. I have set for 2 hours but if I have someone book a job that might take 4 hours they can not indicate that.

• Reviewed on 27/03/2019
Jonathon M.
Jonathon M.
  • Reviewed on 20/10/2020

"Pros & Cons about Housecall Pro"

Comments: My overall experience is GREAT! I've used two other software platforms and HCP by far is more superior!!

Pros: 1. Reporting 2. User Friendly 3. With the integrated CC processing my techs are receiving 30% higher amount in tips. 4. It actually works in the field.

Cons: 1. My industry doesn't have the correct work flow. 2. Not blocking time out while in the process of booking a job. 3. Refreshing the screen to ensure the schedule is the same. We have a pretty fluid schedule being Junk Removal.

• Reviewed on 20/10/2020
Krystal M.
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2020

"Housecall Pro customer 3 years"

Comments: HCP keeps the lead technician in the loop on who is where and what’s going on.

Pros: HCP is an all inclusive program for any service provider. It keeps track of jobs, notifies customers, tells me if an existing customer (already in our system) is calling, we take payment through HCP, it’s everything in one. We used to use sticky notes for the schedule and pass them out to our technicians, now everyone has a smart phone, so this keeps us up to date with our schedules, we can pull reports to see where our money is coming from as well as where our customers are finding us (advertising).

Cons: I wish the app for the phone was a little more like the desktop version, but I know that’s not always possible (search for an invoice # through the app).

• Reviewed on 24/04/2020
Ben B.
  • Reviewed on 07/04/2020

"Excellent Software if you want to Increase Profits and Save Time on Paperwork"

Comments: I have been using HouseCall Pro for over three years. Before joining HCP, I was using QBO and doing invoices by hand. I scheduled appointments on Google Calendar and took credit card payments with a big credit card machine that I paid $650 to purchase at the time. It was always running out of battery or paper and had many issues. HCP changed my experience for the better in all aspects of my business.

Pros: Ease of use, Having invoicing, reporting, payment processing, financing, scheduling, online booking, post card automation, email automation, integrations with various software such as Zapier!

Cons: Certain features such as checklists and custom fields are not built yet.

• Reviewed on 07/04/2020
Dave H.
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2020

"Tackling Paperwork, Customer history, Warranties and Scheduling"

Comments: We have never been disappointed, we have never felt stood up or held hostage, there is usually someone from the HCP team available in one of many chat groups to assist, plus the phone numbers to the staff are available.

Pros: Keeping the history of the customer invoicing, tracking equipment history for customer, texting and emailing campaign's. We use the postcard, email and texting features, this keeps the customer informed as well as getting them to engage in our service.

Cons: We really don't have anything we would call a con from HCP, with the large following of users, ideas are always being implemented and we like refreshing the program to find new features.

• Reviewed on 16/04/2020
Roger L.
  • Reviewed on 16/09/2019

"House Call Pro is a Pro’s Pro App"

Comments: It’s pretty great...I have been able to maintain clients for repeat services a whole lot easier.

Pros: The app is aesthetically pleasing and is easy to use. Very user friendly

Cons: It does not intergrate with RESPONCIBID

• Reviewed on 16/09/2019
Emily M.
Co-Owner
  • Reviewed on 15/04/2020

"Business Essential"

Comments: Housecall Pro is not only an amazing product, but the company has created an impressive culture and community of Pros. They have very responsive Facebook communities lead by amazing administrators. They are constantly adding new features to the software, which shows that they really listen to their customers.

Pros: This software completely revolutionized our business. It handles all of the tasks where we were previously wasting time. Now ALL of the following tasks are automated (saving not less than 6 hours of work a day): scheduling, appointment confirmation, appointment reminders, customer follow-up, review requests, invoicing, online payments, and integrations with other essential apps such as Quickbooks.

Cons: Our industry is super small, so we had to be a little creative as to how to implement some of the awesome Housecall Pro features.

• Reviewed on 15/04/2020
Nichols C.
Facilities Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/04/2020

"Small Business Big Business Attitude"

Comments: Updates would regularly screw up pricing data and change day-to-day operation still working on fixing some of the kinks that my staff and I have not been able to fix right now the updates I think the biggest problem with the program. It’s been a positive six months very beneficial very happy with gone paperless and satisfied with how the staff has incorporated this tool has just important as any other tools in toolbox really retrieving notes on site quickly from previous jobs I found this to be a very helpful tool

Pros: Overall control of the daily operations scheduling on the fly responding to customers quickly being able to communicate directly with the customer via email or text. Big bonus from the management side point having overall view integration with QuickBooks able to track stats really helped forecast the future and train staff.

Cons: Updates would regularly screw up pricing data and change day-to-day operation still working on fixing some of the kinks that my staff and I have not been able to fix right now the updates I think the biggest problem with the program

• Reviewed on 18/04/2020
Broward "martie" R.
ADMIN ASSISTANT
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2018

"Housecall Pro is a great resource in our dispatching needs and the customer support is exceptional!"

Comments: Stream lining of dispatching and scheduling at a cost effective price.

Pros: What we like the most is having a software system that is cost effective and doesn't require a server to do our day to day scheduling and dispatching. Our customer data base, schedule and dispatching needs are just a click away. The reporting feature allows us to keep track of closing ratio's and assist in the figuring of the cost per appointment set along with keeping track of sales, reschedules and follow up appointments all with out breaking the bank. We may not use some of the features that more service based companies would but Housecall pro is a daily staple in our day to day job functions. The customer support offered is like none I have ever seen. They are ever changing to support the needs of their customers and the staff is always prompt, friendly and knowledgeable.

Cons: The only con is that the system is a little slow when switching functions or opening work orders. I tend to be a little impatient with slower systems as the nature of the dispatching and waiting on information is a personal pet-peeve of mine as I strive to be efficient as possible.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2018