15 years helping Singaporean businesses

About Rafflecopter

Web-based solution that allows companies to build sweepstakes or giveaway promotions on their website or Facebook page.

Learn more about Rafflecopter

Pros:

I work for a podcast where we giveaway books monthly and this allows you to embed on Wordpress and pick a random winner while collecting emails, info, etc to help list build.

Cons:

I only do a few giveaways a year so I don't want to pay for it.

Rafflecopter ratings

4.4
4.1
4.1
4.2

8.3/10

Rafflecopter has an overall rating of 4.4 out 5 stars based on 49 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Rafflecopter before?

Oombawka Design
Oombawka Design
Crochet Designer. Ltd. in Canada

Excellent software for hosting Giveways and Contests.

Comments: Reliable giveaway hosting software to pick random winners.

Pros:

It is easy to use and allows me to duplicate old giveaways and then change only the bits that are different. Great options and I love the template terms and conditions you can use with your own data to create a proper T&C for the giveaway. Works on different platforms and can be added to Facebook.

Cons:

The price for the next level plan is quite expensive. Especially when I only want the viral sharing option - the other options are not something I need. I wish they had a mid level plan, or the ability to purchase the options we need individually. Also, it would be helpful if the terms and conditions duplicated over from the giveaways we 'duplicate' - then we would not need to refill it all in each time - and only make changes to the bits that have changed from giveaway to giveaway (when we have the same person sponsoring the giveaway).

Allison
Allison
Content Marketing Consultant in US
Writing & Editing, Self Employed

The best way to run simple giveaways

Comments: Overall, this is a tool I use several times per year and love recommending to others. The ease of use and variety of features, even with the free version, make it a must-have for me.

Pros:

It's free! There are upgraded options available, but the features you get with the free version are robust and easy to use. I especially like the "create your own" option, so you can have people perform whatever act you'd like in order to enter the giveaway. The widget looks great on most websites and is very easy to use.

Cons:

I wish there was a way to test the giveaway buttons before going live. As it stands, the only way to test is to have the giveaway start and then go through the steps as though you were entering it, then disqualify your own entries. It is a bit cumbersome. However, this is a very minor complaint all things considered.

Jon
Online in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Does not work with IPHONES

Comments: Contacted support, showed them videos and images and they still refused to believe it. I provided it using 2 iphones. The fact is, it works and shows normally when using anything BUT an iphone. Compare how your rafflecopter looks on your website through different browsers then go look at it through an IPHONE. You will see the difference. They aren't the only company that has this issue gleam does too. The only company that doesn't is promosimple. I tried to talk with them and explain but the company just refused to help. They denied the videos, they requested link of where raffle copter was embedded. I gave them it and they just kept repeating give us the link when i already had done 3 times. The support don't understand their own product or how to troubleshoot. I worked for years in technical support and app development so I know how to test. This company has not tested their product. I cannot recommend their product.

Pros:

Looks good but doesn't work with IPHONES

Cons:

Doesn't work when viewed through an IPHONE ( 8 or 11 )

Amber
Amber
Ticketing & Box Office Manager in US

Great for Business or Personal Use

Pros:

I have used this for contests on both my old personal blog I used to run, as well as on the facebook page I run for my employer. It ensured that we were following any rules and regulations, as well as being very easy to understand from both our user-end as well as our patrons; well worth the per month $;

Cons:

Sometimes can be a little glitchy, but this is rarely, and with a quick log out and log back in, it usually fixes itself.

Jennifer
Jennifer
Professional Resume Writer and Interview Coach in US

Although it's a bit tricky, I love Rafflecopter

Comments: I will continue to use Rafflecopter and over all I'm happy with it. I like the ability to host giveaways for my romance books.

Pros:

I love that I can set up giveaways and not deal with anything after the initial set up.

Cons:

If you run the free option, it's a bit of a pain to set up especially if you're listing multiple options to enter. I had to Google multiple videos concerning set up and code. I wish it was easier to use. I only do a few giveaways a year so I don't want to pay for it.

Abigail
Abigail
Writing & Editing, 2–10 Employees

Easy to select a winner!

Comments: Rafflecopter makes running a contest and choosing a winner very easy. It's helped us run more efficient giveaways, and increased our reach across social media!

Pros:

Rafflecopter is a great tool for running contests online. We use it about once a month to go giveaways, and with the tools within the product, you can increase your social media reach, your website subscribers, and drive people to specific websites or blog posts to solicit comments.

Cons:

There isn't much to dislike, except they push their upgraded service at every turn. It can also be difficult to get the HTML to embed on your website.

Jeremy
Jeremy
Blogger in US

Amazing for giveaways

Comments: I have been using them for years. I recommend them to my friends or family who need to host giveaways as it is an easy and cheap/free way to host a giveaway.

Pros:

I have used Rafflecopter for giveaways for years on my blog. I love how easy it is to set up a new giveaway and how it does all the lifting to figure out who won the giveaway.

Cons:

A lot of the options are for paid users only. So if you want the full experience you will either need to manually create required actions, otherwise, pay for the prebuilt required actions.

Mining & Metals, 1,001–5,000 Employees

Great for personal blogs looking to work on a shoestring

Pros:

This was sooo easy to learn. I do not super tech savvy but I was able to learn in a couple of days. I have a personal blog and I operate on a shoestring budget so this was affordable. I like that you can put many ways to win on the raffle. I would heartily recommend.

Cons:

I actually like pretty much everything. It may not be.the.solution for a large company or.blog.

Melanie
Melanie
Book and Product reviewer in US

Ready for a Contest

Comments: I will continue to use Rafflecopter because it is the easiest. I have more pros than cons when I use the software.

Pros:

Rafflecopter is the easiest product to use. I don't have to spend a day or more loading the information. I can plug in what I want and Rafflecopter does the rest.

Cons:

It could be a bit faster to load the information when contest participates sign up.

Adrienne
Blogger in US

Great for Giveaways

Pros:

Rafflecopter allows me to host reviews on my blog and allows those who wish to participate and easy way to enter. It's easy for me to set up the various ways to enter the giveaways I host. I like that I can choose to add my own option as well.

Cons:

I would like if it were a free application to use.

Sarah
Publishing, Self Employed

Rafflecopter is a must for handling promotions and giveaways

Comments: I have successfully run several giveaways with Rafflecopter. I recommend it to other authors looking to manage giveaways. It's an easy, effective, way to manage giveaways. Best in the biz.

Pros:

Rafflecopter captures all the information I need to run a successful giveaway. It's also well-known enough that people trust it enough to provide that information. It also keeps track of everything for me. It will compile the list of entrants into my giveaways, along with their information, and then it will randomly select the winners. What could be easier? I also like that there's a free version. It has more limited capabilities than the paid version, but it's nice to have that option for people who are just starting out and don't have a big budget. It helps them without breaking the bank and I really appreciate that about Rafflecopter.

Cons:

I wish the free version would let you put 'subscribe to newsletter' as an entry option. Perhaps if they worked like the newsletter software does it would be nice. If you have less than X newsletter subscribers, you can use that option for free, but once you're over that amount, you have to pay for that option. It's hard when you're starting out and you're already using Rafflecopter for a giveaway as it is.

Tyneisha
Consumer Goods, Self Employed

Simple And Effective For Marketing Promotions

Comments: Rafflecopter has been a favorite among my customers and has helped me expand my reach in a fun and easy way.

Pros:

I have used Rafflecopter for many years to run giveaways for my business, and it is definitely at the top of my list when it comes to these types of platforms. It is easily integrated on web pages, blogs, and Facebook, and also works as a standalone page. It is extremely easy to set up with step by step instructions during the process and the ability to edit at any time, even after the promotion launches. Depending on the pricing plan there are viral sharing options as well to further brand reach even more. Everything is explained from setup to finish, with a built-in algorithm to randomly choose winners.

Cons:

There is a free pricing plan and there are paid plans which can fit any business, however the viral sharing can only be accessed through the most expensive plan which may be too steep for businesses who only run giveaways occasionally.

Wendy
CEO in US
Media Production, 2–10 Employees

Rafflecopter Takes the Stress Out of Giveaways

Comments: Excellent -- very user friendly and intuitive. Once I set up the parameters of my giveaway -- tasks required, timeframe, etc.? I embed the link to the giveaway in my story. Rafflecopter automates everything for me from there! It's also a very use-friendly platform for my readers. The can easily decide which tasks they want to perform to earn entries in the giveaway. When the giveaway ends, I go to Rafflecopter, and it randomly selects a winner -- it even provides their e-mail contact to me so I can reach out to them. Easy peasy! Before Rafflecopter, giveaways were cumbersome and hard to standardize

Pros:

I love how it automates my giveaways! The setup is easy -- list the item being given away in a contest, then select tasks that are required and/or mandatory for entries. The more activities completed, the greater a chance to win! I like that the tasks are ones that help grow my business and social following. For example: Follow The Weekend Gourmet on Twitter is one entry. This also ensures the person follows me on Twitter going foward.

Cons:

I don't like that the only way I can include a photo of the item being given away is via the paid Rafflecopter platform. However, the free platform works well for my needs otherwise.

Melissa
Author/owner in US
Publishing, Self Employed

The perfect platform for giveaway hosts!

Comments: My overall experience is positive as I have created some killer giveaways for sponsors using this platform and love using it whoever I set up a new giveaway.

Pros:

I love the ease of using this platform and love the results of hosting my many giveaways using this platform.

Cons:

The only thing is the cost. There are features that I want and I have to upgrade to receive them but other than that.... it is perfection.

Caethes
Writer in US

Good solution

Pros:

I've used Rafflecopter a lot and it's always super easy. I like that I can save templates so I don't have to duplicate my efforts. It's user friendly both on my side and the entrant's side.

Cons:

There are other programs that provide more options, but the user friendliness of Rafflecopter makes it worth the limited options. I wish their pricing was cheaper for their higher plans.

Kyle
Writer in US

I Always Smile When I Use Rafflecopter

Comments: Rafflecopter is a fun program that gives users the opportunity to win something cool. No complaints here.

Pros:

Hey, I love raffles as much as the next person. With Rafflecopter, I always enter my information with ease to see if I can win a prize that I am interested. It never hurts to try.

Cons:

Sometimes you have to connect your social media accounts to Rafflecopter. I don't want the software to have access to my Twitter, so there are times where I sit out on a prize drawing because I don't know the company too well.

Terrin

Great software

Comments: My overall experience has been good with this. I've used it serial times.

Pros:

This.is a good way to hold contest on social media. It's very easy to keep organized in entries. It helps keep it random on the winner of the raffle.

Cons:

It's very time consuming to set links up. I think there's need to be an easier way to link these things. It would be so much better.

Liz
Social Media Manager and Blogger in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great for Hosting Giveaways on Social

Comments: I've used Rafflecopter for about 6 years to host giveaways of products for sponsors, agencies, clients and brands. It has features that let the contestant enter the giveaway by sharing on social, subscribing, answering a question, and several other methods that help spread awareness and increase engagement.

Pros:

Rafflecopter is super easy to use. You can just jump in with the free version and set up a giveaway or contest in a few minutes.

Cons:

You need to use one of the paid versions to get most of the really useful features. This is ok, but it depends on your budget and needs. Also, some users (the ones entering the giveaway) might not be familiar with using Rafflecopter and get nervous about trying something new.

Mindy
Preschool Teacher in US
Primary/Secondary Education, 51–200 Employees

easy giveaway tool

Comments: A great tool to get new customers by offering giveaways.

Pros:

I love using rafflecopter! It's so easy to set up and use and you can even customize it to your liking and needs.

Cons:

There really isn't anything I don't like about this software. It's very simple to use even for someone not so tech-savvy.

Mindy
Freelance Graphic Designer in US
Design, Self Employed

Definitely brings customers!

Pros:

Best way to attract customers is to offer something! I have even won a giveaway using rafflecopter so I know it works really well :) Very simple to use and a clean, modern look.

Cons:

Pricing is always an issue for freelancers and small businesses.

Kathleen
Kathleen
Publishing, Self Employed

More impact on campaigns with rafflecopter

Comments: I’ve used it both as a recipient and as a prize giver. I will continue to use it for some time, because it keeps track of my entries and even chooses a winner. It is fast, accurate, and makes promoting easier

Pros:

I love the ease with which you can set up a giveaway for a blog tour, for example, and get others to share your links, sign up for your newsletter, promote your product or virtually anything you want. Every rafflecopter draws many more visitors to my site than ever before

Cons:

Many of the best options cost money. For example asking for newsletter signups.

Debbielynne

Rafflecopter Review

Comments: As I said above, it is so easy to install. I love the program and would recommend it to anyone with any budget as it has a free version!

Pros:

Rafflecopter is so easy to use. No reading a manual to try and figure out how to use the program. Every time I've used it my response are great!

Cons:

The only thing I had problems with is blogger sometimes gives me a hard time with the code and doesn't want to display the rafflecopter properly. I'm not sure if that is a blogger issue or a rafflecopter issue.

Dayne
Dayne

Rafflecopter makes giveaways easy

Comments: With Rafflecopter I have an easy way to give away gifts (such as gift cards, books, etc.) in exchange for people taking certain actions (like Liking me on Facebook or visiting my Bookbub page, etc.).

Pros:

What I like most about Rafflecopter is how simple it is to set up raffles to give rewards away to my followers (I'm a writer as my part-time job).

Cons:

Sometimes it can be difficult to see stats about how many people have entered my raffles.

April
Leasing Consultant in US
Real Estate, 2–10 Employees

Great for Giveaways and contests!

Comments: I found Rafflecopter as a person who enters online contests regularly, and after reading some reviews I pitched it to the property manager where I work. We do contests and giveaways monthly for the tenants and staff and using RaffleCopter makes everything that much easier! It's honestly as simple as copy and paste once you've designed everything the way you want it to look. Rafflecopter does all the heavy lifting and their pricing is spot on! Our tenants look forward to our monthly giveaways and it's all thanks to Rafflecopter!

Pros:

Easy to use. Tons of options. Honest, Flexible pricing. No long-term commitments.

Cons:

Absolutely nothing bad to say about Rafflecopter.

Robin
Robin
Owner/CEO in US

Great Raffling Software

Comments: It's worth the money and the free trial version allows you to utilize most all of the paid features to truly "try it out".

Pros:

Ease! Seriously easy to set up...easy to use...reports are easy to read...picking and announcing contest winners is with just a few clicks