Sage Business Cloud Accounting Reviews

4.1 (242) Write a Review!

About Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Sage Business Cloud Accounting is a simple yet powerful online accounting solution designed for small business owners.

Learn more about Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Pros:

Lots of companies use it, left taskbar is good.

Cons:

In the end I had to make the decision to let it go or loose my productivity.

Sage Business Cloud Accounting ratings

3.9
3.8
4.0
3.8

7.2/10

Sage Business Cloud Accounting has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 242 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Sage Business Cloud Accounting before?

Magdalene
Magdalene
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Sage Business Cloud - Cannot Do Business Without It

Pros:

I love the fact that my clients and I can share the same system in different locations. It also has an app that I can use on the go for invoicing and quotes.

Cons:

Currently, I don't have any grips with the system.

Mahir
Business Analyst in Bangladesh

Awesome Accounting System if you can afford it!

5.0 last month New

Comments: The overall experience is definitely good and it's worth every penny if one can afford it.

Pros:

Sage Accounting application improved our efficiency and business processes by much. It's features are integrated and there's no functional flaws at all; we can trust it's reports!

Cons:

When you have 10+ users, it'll be a bit expensive to maintain Sage. Besides, initially the learning curve to get accustomed to it's features may take some more time for the traditional ERP system users

Audrey
Owner/operator in Canada
Accounting, Self Employed

I really wanted this to work

Comments: Unfortunately my experience was poor. I loved their desktop program and really wanted to love their cloud solution just as much.

Pros:

I love cloud solutions and the reports from this would have been nice.

Cons:

I was hit with what seemed like every road block as I tried to switch from my Sage Desktop program into their cloud program. Customer Support was lacking and I ended up joining a Facebook support group of other accountant/bookkeepers making a similar switch. In the end I had to make the decision to let it go or loose my productivity.

Simon
Construction, Self Employed

Sage

5.0 2 months ago New

Comments: Excellent, the more you learn about the software the more possibilities to improve your business, an all in one package.

Pros:

With starting on a new venture it was imperative to start off with the right software, Sage gives us everything we currently need in terms of invoicing, banking, ensuring all payments (in & out) are allocated, plus the flexibility to set up your own product codes & pricing structure specific to our business.

Cons:

I would like to see a word search feature included in the invoice and purchasing section, rather than have to go through individual invoices to find the product I am looking for.

CEO in UK
Aviation & Aerospace, 2-10 Employees

A saviour for start-ups and SMEs! Sage is like a digital CFO

Pros:

Features! The wide array of features from automated invoice generation, reminders to follow-up actions, report & analytics generation for sharing with shareholders or investors, etc. make sage a must-use for small and medium enterprises. Cuts down unwanted bottlenecks in finances, payroll, while saving significant costs and downtime.

Cons:

Pricing is a bit steeper compared to alternatives. Although the premium pricing is justified by sage's product, I feel it is still not accessible to early stage companies. Maybe, a specific plan focused on start-ups offering only limited features that start-ups use on a day-to-day basis would be fantastic.

Andre
Accounting, 11-50 Employees

Sage is a very easy and powerfule accounting tool

Comments: Overall the experience is good. They can definitely work on their email support.

Pros:

The ease of the setup and use of the software. It was written so that anyone can use it. Very simple, yet poewerful.

Cons:

Some of the features that were advertised when pitched to us aren't available. The customer and supplier age analysis reports should have totals.

Paddington
Junior accountant in South Africa
Accounting, 51-200 Employees

My honest opinion about Sage Cloud Accounting

Comments: It was a bit effective and allowed me to make my work easy even though I had to learn to do things differently from what I was used to

Pros:

The software saved much time which made my work as a Junior accountant a bit easy. It also made it easy to track down errors that I made during inserting details and it was less time consuming to ractifiy the errors. It was aslo handy for Financial Reporting to investors and the report must be straightforward and reasonable.

Cons:

The software needs to be tailored to fit to small and medium sized businesses. The Bank reconciliations system calculation can be consfusing at first which can stop other users from using it

Annette
Real Estate, Self Employed

Very expensive for a small company who does not have many transactions

4.0 2 months ago New

Comments: It is overly complicated for a small business. Many of the features have now disappeared. It is not very good producing reports that are correct to what is needed.

Pros:

I have used Sage since it came out, the program is first in pakeages

Cons:

The price is too expensive for a small company that does not have many transactions but still need to use a package for business use.

Orsolya
CSA in UK
Higher Education, 501-1,000 Employees

highly recommended accounting software for small businesses

Pros:

In my previous workplace I was using this software on a daily basis. What I liked the most in this software was that I could create the invoice the way I needed and every single details were adjustable. It is very easy to navigate in the history, the charts are clear to read.

Cons:

There was nothing really I did not like in this software.

William
CEO in Canada
Printing, 2-10 Employees

good

Comments: it's good it works, but very hard to install in network

Pros:

The fact that you cannot go modify stuff by the backdoor

Cons:

support could be better, it's not easy to reach

James
Food Production, 2-10 Employees

Really Easy Software for Non-Accountants

Comments: I honestly, couldn't imagine running my business without it. It's such an integral part of my business and frees up my time so that I can focus on other things. Truly outstanding!

Pros:

I love the usability of this product. As a non-accountant, I feel able to easily keep track of my small business accounts with Sage Business Cloud Accounting. Plus, if ever there is a time where I don't know something and my accountant isn't available, the Sage help is excellent. I love the new addition of the Sage University which is going to be a real help in training my team.

Cons:

I feel that for me personally, the cash flow forecasting is a bit complicated, but I'll admit I haven't fully explored this side of things, I tend to do all my budgeting on a spreadsheet but it would be handy to have it integrated with my accounts. Maybe a section that can look at the P&Ls for past years and recommend budgets for the months, quarters and year ahead. Again, it's not something I've fully looked into so it may already exist on the platform.

Jason
Jason
Controller in Canada
Automotive, 11-50 Employees

Cloud Accounting Package that is easy to use with limitations

Comments: Overall for our purposes the software is easy to setup and use. I like the ability to access it anywhere and the ability to attach documents to transactions in the system. Modifying the chart of accounts was easy but the lack of customization on the layout of financial statements is frustrating.

Pros:

We have used the software version of sage products such as Sage Business Works and Sage 50 so the product and company are familiar to us. The ability to login to the software from anywhere and to no longer have to have client/server environment is great. The software was easy to signup for and was relatively easy to implement.

Cons:

There are 2 large cons to this software in comparison to it's direct competitors. Con #1: The package has no ability to custom group GL accounts. So for example, if you have a section on your income statement for sales and you want to group sales by category and have a sub-total for that sales section you cannot do that. There is really no ability to edit the income statement layout or the balance sheet layout to add in sections and sub totals so you are stuck with the canned version of the software. Con #2: In an environment where you have multiple small companies, you look after you cannot have one userid and password to access all the companies. You have to setup each company with it's own userid an password then invite another user via an email link to join.

Rendani
Rendani
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Sage Business Cloud Accounting review

Comments: Capability to meet the objectives of the finance department while also making the workflow much easier in terms of maximizing efficiency

Pros:

The installation and implementation procedures are straightforward. I like how easy the features are to use, even for non-accountants. It enables clients and colleagues to share files in real-time, saving time and eliminating the need to send invoices via email. This streamlines and lowers the cost of debtor management. When one is on the go, having access via a mobile device is extremely useful. The software is also reasonably priced, and it includes a free trial period. Sage's customer service is excellent.

Cons:

One suggestion is that when adding a new Item from the Invoice screen, the new Item screen includes all features (such as selecting the Purchase account). You must currently exit the Invoice, create a new Item, and then return to the Invoice.

Realtor in Kenya
Real Estate, 2-10 Employees

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Comments: Sage Business Cloud Accounting is easy to set up and use. I loved that it easily integrated with our existing business. With internet access, the software is accessible from anywhere and is available on mobile devices. It makes bank reconciliation and invoicing easy.

Pros:

Installation and implementation are easy. I like that the features are easy to use even for non-accounting persons. It enables real time sharing of files with clients and colleagues which saves on time and eliminates the need to direct email invoices. This makes debtor management easy and less costly. Accessibility from a mobile device is a huge plus when one is on the move. The software is also affordable and has a free trial. Sage has good customer support.

Cons:

Since the software can only be accessed online, it is difficult to work with when internet speeds are slow or when there is no connection at all. Sometimes bank sync feed is slow and the handling of foreign currency bank transactions could do with some improvements.

Aaron
Account Manager in
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees

Comparable Systems Cost Much, Much More

Comments: Built on the Salesforce platform so it can handle any number of users. Sage has initially targeted the small business segment with Live, however it is just as good for mid-market or enterprise. Consider the following features: Capable of handling 1-1000+ users.
SAAS (hosted and browser-based) so no software to install. No server needed.
Multi-Company consolidation
Inter-Company transactions
Dimensional accounting
Multi-Currency
Multi-Language
Purchase Requisition/Approvals and Workflow
Easy setup but can be configured as complex as you want, it's a very open database if you choose to use it that way
Open API, integrates with many other web-based apps
Well integrated with SalesForce
Tablet and iPhone/Android apps
These types of features are typically only available in enterprise level software like Intacct, Acumatica, Financial Force, X3, NetSuite, Oracle or SAP. You won't find this in Quickbooks, Freshbooks, Xero, Sage 50 or any other entry-level system. There's always been Microsoft Dynamics, Sage 100/300/500, Epicor, Infor and others, but those aren't true cloud based/browser based systems, nor are they inexpensive. What's unique about Sage Live is that they've priced it to be affordable for most companies - starts at monthly for 2 users and 1 company. 2 users and 100 companies is only $$$d/month. That is ridiculously less expensive than the other enterprise level systems out there. You can certainly use Sage Live as a small business, but the nice thing is that as you grow you can stay on the same system and not feel the need to change. If you are a mid-sized or large company, you owe it to yourself to take a look at Live before you make a decision on spending lots more money for perhaps the same thing.

Cons:

It has only been around for 3 years, so it's not as fully developed as some more mature offerings out there. They are adding new stuff all the time but you might find some features missing that you are used to.

Paul
Managing Director in UK

A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses.

Pros:

It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple. Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data. VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC. Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

Cons:

If you're internet connection is weak this can slow things down a bit though on the whole it is a very stable and trustworthy platform. The only thing I find a little bit weak is the inability to create direct backups of your accounts either your computer desktop or external drives. The only method of backing up the information is to print reports of all ledgers, invoices, receipts and audit trail. This means you will always have the information but in the event of a catastrophic failure it would be highly time consuming to re-input all the details. There would be no obvious method of doing this.

Alan
Web Developer in UK

Possibly the best accounting software we've ever used

Comments: Using Sage One allowed us to combine our Accounts and Payroll systems into one. It makes it easy to manage our accounts from any location and on any device. It also removed the worry of backing up and securing our accounts records.

Pros:

The fact that Sage One is cloud based, is probably the best feature. No more endless backups and annoying updates to perform. Everything is taken care of and the support team are amazing. It's also simple to grant access to your Accountant, who can then do whatever that need to when it's your year end etc. A very clear interface provides an overview of your current situation and makes it easy for you to do your everyday tasks like entering and raising invoices, or checking who owes you money. You can easily produces account statements and everything can be emailed straight to your customers, so far less physical paperwork.

Cons:

The Invoicing template choices are limited, but with a bit of creativity, you can definitely make something you can work with. The thing that needs the most attention is the method by which invoices and statements are emailed out. they appear to be from the email address you give the system, but are sent by Sage. Consequently, some clients weren't receiving their emails. We just turn any invoices into PDF's and email them ourselves. No big deal as we are still paperless, but it would be nice if we didn't have to. hopefully something that will be addressed on a future update.

Gustav
MD in South Africa
Construction, 2-10 Employees

One of my best investments yet.

Comments: First of all i had no accounting software, no quoting and invoicing software. so this just makes my document presentation just that much more professional looking. also i only have to do the basic, and it does the rest for me.

Pros:

As a non accounting person, i found this software to be just what the tax man ordered in terms of financial accountability features. it's so easy and and intuitive to use, i was able to get started on the first day and even issued a quote to a client.

Cons:

well, i had trouble linking my business bank account to the software, but that could be the bank...

Cathy
Cathy
Office Manager in US
Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 Employees

Simple to learn, gives you great data

Comments: I started a new job and I was up and running on invoicing at the end of the week, by week two I was able to post cash. It did take a little bit of time to familiarize myself the reports and with the general ledger. When I covered accounts payable it was also very intuitive. One of the most intuitive computer systems I have worked with ever.

Pros:

The company I got a job with a few years ago used Sage, I was apprehensive about learning a new computer system but Sage was easy. It was intuitive if you have a little experience and accounting knowledge. It gives very great reports and gives you a lot of basic detail. I like.the fact that you can drill down to give various information.

Cons:

There were a few times that I wish there was an online help to explain a few questions. There are a lot of reports and I feel like you may have to look at several reports to pull some advanced details.

Paul
owner in Canada
Retail, 2-10 Employees

Comments: My accountant can open a copy and quickly finish the year and tax preparation saving me time and money.

Pros:

I have used it for a very long time and it works very easily for me. It has evolved but never change so much as to make it difficult to keep using using. Sage has much more than I need but is still competitive with price and easy to use what I need.

Cons:

I never got the hang of bank reconciliation to work faster than manually but is me and I do not have a great deal of entries.

Eugenio
Professor in Spain
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

a tool to trust if there is budget for it

Comments: very good, all the accounting department can work with it.

Pros:

the robustness of the software, it does not save locally any file, is connecting to the server for every query.

Cons:

the price is very high, the company need to be bigger to be able to pay this software, the customer service is not very good in the it section, they are accountants.

Michelle
Michelle
Professional Accountant (SA) in South Africa
Accounting, 2-10 Employees

Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Comments: Sage Business Cloud Accounting is easy to use, features are easy to access. Reporting for several different ranges of time-table very handy. No installation, no backup...very nice product to use!

Pros:

Sage Business Cloud Accounting has all the features one would need from Accounting software. Easy to implement, do the setup, and train new Customers on how to use it. The add-on modules adds value to the software. The Accountant's easy access to assist Clients is a wonderful feature!

Cons:

One improvement I would like to see: When adding a new Item from inside the Invoice screen, the new Item screen should include all features (such as selecting the Purchase account). Currently you have to exit the Invoice, create the new Item, and then continue with your Invoice

Bruno
Entrepreneur in Portugal
Logistics & Supply Chain, 201-500 Employees

Sage could accounting - innovative solution

Comments: Incredible experience, easy to use and helpful to develop the business.

Pros:

Sage Business Cloud Accounting is an innovative solution based on the sage software that allows to combine the original one with the cloud solution, as future and digital transformations needs.

Cons:

The software is quite expensive if companies does not needs all features presented.

Martin
Chartered Accountant in UK
Accounting, Self Employed

I have the full confidence in this product

Comments: Excellent - they started a bit behind functionality wise from other products, and are now moving ahead of them, and I like the committment to constant development and the transparancy of their roadmap.

Pros:

It is intuitive, and my non-accountant clients can usually navigate their way around it themselves, and only occassionally require minimal support. My clients who have switch from other software have said that they wouldn't go back.

Cons:

The marketing for this product is not as flashy as competitors, and so sometimes it can be a hard sell to clients who want the one with the big ad campaign. As with most cloud products it is constantly evolving and I am not always aware of the new features which come out.

Terry
Terry
Photographer in UK
Photography

A very simple online accounting system

Comments: The ability to connect my bank accounts is great and a real time saver.

Pros:

The fact that this is online and can be accessed from any device is a real pleasure. It means as a sole trader that I can enter receipts while I'm on the go or at home when I have a spare few minutes. I know sage was late to the party for online accounting systems but they have managed to make a simple system and one that starts cheaper than the competitors. The second main feature for me was the ability to automatically connect to my bank accounts and match my transactions as this saves no end of time and is all included in the monthly price. They also have a feature which allows you download your transaction in a CSV file as well, if you wanted to move them to another system.

Cons:

It's not as customisable as the desktop version was but once you get over that hurdle and change your way of thinking and acting then you realise they had a reason for making it so simple.