Sage Business Cloud Accounting Reviews

• Overall
    4.1/5
    3.9/5
    3.9/5

About Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Sage | Accounting is a simple yet powerful online accounting solution designed for small business owners.

Learn more about Sage Business Cloud Accounting

Magdalene V.
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"Sage Business Cloud - Cannot Do Business Without It"

Pros: I love the fact that my clients and I can share the same system in different locations. It also has an app that I can use on the go for invoicing and quotes.

Cons: Currently, I don't have any grips with the system.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Michelle C.
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2020

"Easy to use"

Comments: I love the fact that the product integrates with other products such as payroll.

Pros: I loved the fact that for the most part everything seemed extremely easy to use. I did run into a few issues, but I found the support staff were extremely helpful. I would like to point ou that I am not an accountant by trade and give my books to a qualified accountant at the end of each year. This product served that purpose entirely.

Cons: The bank statements duplicated on one of the imports, but to be honest Im not sure if I did something wrong.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2020
Accountant
  • Reviewed on 11/03/2019

"Just don't"

Comments: I wanted to use Sage business accounting cloud for basic bookkeeping and I couldn't even do this.
My experience was of utter frustration. Not only with the lack of capabilities and difficulty in using the software but even worse, with their billing department. I was charged the wrong amounts every single month. Clients were charged for software that they didn't even use. Some clients were charged for software that I had already paid for. Nobody in accounts could fix it. Not even the directors were able to fix it. What an absolute disaster. I am absolutely at a loss as to how they are still in business.

Pros: The sage logo hinted that it may be similar to their line 50 product. Oh, how wrong I was.
There is quite literally nothing good I can say about this software, their customer support nor their accounts and billing team.,

Cons: It falls way short of functional. It couldn't be further behind the competition if they did nothing.
Essential features like repeating invoices were missing.
You can't pay with or receive into the director's loan account.
You are restricted in the number and type of bank/cash accounts you can have.
Fixing anything is a mammoth task
and even then, it doesn't actually fic the issues.

• Reviewed on 11/03/2019
Cathy J.
Mining & Metals, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/04/2020

"Simple to learn, gives you great data"

Comments: I started a new job and I was up and running on invoicing at the end of the week, by week two I was able to post cash. It did take a little bit of time to familiarize myself the reports and with the general ledger. When I covered accounts payable it was also very intuitive. One of the most intuitive computer systems I have worked with ever.

Pros: The company I got a job with a few years ago used Sage, I was apprehensive about learning a new computer system but Sage was easy. It was intuitive if you have a little experience and accounting knowledge. It gives very great reports and gives you a lot of basic detail. I like.the fact that you can drill down to give various information.

Cons: There were a few times that I wish there was an online help to explain a few questions. There are a lot of reports and I feel like you may have to look at several reports to pull some advanced details.

• Reviewed on 23/04/2020
Terry L.
Photographer
Photography
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2017

"A very simple online accounting system"

Comments: The ability to connect my bank accounts is great and a real time saver.

Pros: The fact that this is online and can be accessed from any device is a real pleasure. It means as a sole trader that I can enter receipts while I'm on the go or at home when I have a spare few minutes. I know sage was late to the party for online accounting systems but they have managed to make a simple system and one that starts cheaper than the competitors. The second main feature for me was the ability to automatically connect to my bank accounts and match my transactions as this saves no end of time and is all included in the monthly price. They also have a feature which allows you download your transaction in a CSV file as well, if you wanted to move them to another system.

Cons: It's not as customisable as the desktop version was but once you get over that hurdle and change your way of thinking and acting then you realise they had a reason for making it so simple.

• Reviewed on 06/11/2017
Kevin D.
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"Sage One has become am essential part of my business and I would recommend it to anyone"

Pros: Ease of use. I have basic accounting training but, by using the help pages, I have managed to run my business without the expense of accountants. VAT returns are just a press of a button and all information is easily found if needed. The package has grown ( at no extra cost) and the stock control and invoicing side has much improved.

Cons: Sage support is very good if you have to telephone them - HOWEVER it is expensive! Very occasionally the system has crashed (not often) and it can cost you money to find out that it is their error not yours...

Jaco S.
Sage 300 implementation consultant
  • Reviewed on 06/02/2020

"Sage 300"

Comments: The cloud based accounting solution offers a truly "connected" experience for the end user. Whether you are a salesperson travelling amd entering orders online or a Financial director viewing information while you are sitting in an airport lounge. I believe Sage accounting solutions can truly offer value for money.

Pros: From a customization point of view I think Sage 300 ranks pretty high. Most lager ERP solutions offers a square to plug a round hole.

Cons: Searching through all the modules for an Invoice and following the flow from AP to GL for example is quite cumbersome. I have had a more positive experience with other ERP solutions as a end user.

• Reviewed on 06/02/2020
Yanick G.
Président
  • Reviewed on 08/01/2019

"Complete product for a small business"

Pros: It is very easy to use, it has almost zero bugs. You can easily backup, import data. I like this product and I use it everyday.

Cons: The ONLY thing that I hate about this product is the speed of the software. I do around 1000 invoices per year and the application is very slow to start, close, export backups, etc. Could be really better. I use other product that are really faster.

• Reviewed on 08/01/2019
Chris S.
MD
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/02/2020

"Expensive"

Comments: Not that impressed. You can’t get any subsequent support unless you pay for it.

Pros: The main go to accounting software and as you’d expect, covers all required accounting aspects.

Cons: The software cost is expensive for what it is and we don’t like the fact that Sage lock you in then annually push up the prices for new functionality that most people never want.

• Reviewed on 18/02/2020
Burak C.
Accounts Payable Analyst
Consumer Goods, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"Perfect with Reporting!"

Comments: When it comes to prepare and present an analysis to the management, Sage comes the first.

Pros: We use Sage Accounting for management reporting and it works perfect and always reliable and gives us a great understandable charts/graphics.
Also it is very easy to adapt and very user friendly and has never crashed during my last two years.

Cons: There is no negative point of this software and I have never heard/witnessed any cons from anyone.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2020
Paul S.
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"A solid accounts package. Many useful features allowing simple accounting for small businesses."

Pros: It is relatively intuitive for people with only a basic knowledge of business accounting. It allows easy manipulation of accounting data and you are able to provide periodical reports which means you always know the state of your companies finances. It can be accessed from anywhere and at any time and allows you to restrict certain users to particular areas. You are able to give your accountant a direct log in to your accounts which makes annual tax accounting very quick and simple.
Sage One can be tied to your bank accounts so that all items that pass through your accounts can be automatically uploaded into sage saving lots of time on entering data.
VAT filing and reports can be done instantly and sent directly to HMRC.
Can also be used directly with Sage Payroll meaning all information from payroll is automatically added to Sage One accounts.

Cons: If you're internet connection is weak this can slow things down a bit though on the whole it is a very stable and trustworthy platform.
The only thing I find a little bit weak is the inability to create direct backups of your accounts either your computer desktop or external drives. The only method of backing up the information is to print reports of all ledgers, invoices, receipts and audit trail. This means you will always have the information but in the event of a catastrophic failure it would be highly time consuming to re-input all the details. There would be no obvious method of doing this.

Alan H.
Web Developer
  • Reviewed on 09/11/2017

"Possibly the best accounting software we've ever used"

Comments: Using Sage One allowed us to combine our Accounts and Payroll systems into one. It makes it easy to manage our accounts from any location and on any device. It also removed the worry of backing up and securing our accounts records.

Pros: The fact that Sage One is cloud based, is probably the best feature. No more endless backups and annoying updates to perform. Everything is taken care of and the support team are amazing. It's also simple to grant access to your Accountant, who can then do whatever that need to when it's your year end etc. A very clear interface provides an overview of your current situation and makes it easy for you to do your everyday tasks like entering and raising invoices, or checking who owes you money. You can easily produces account statements and everything can be emailed straight to your customers, so far less physical paperwork.

Cons: The Invoicing template choices are limited, but with a bit of creativity, you can definitely make something you can work with. The thing that needs the most attention is the method by which invoices and statements are emailed out. they appear to be from the email address you give the system, but are sent by Sage. Consequently, some clients weren't receiving their emails. We just turn any invoices into PDF's and email them ourselves. No big deal as we are still paperless, but it would be nice if we didn't have to. hopefully something that will be addressed on a future update.

• Reviewed on 09/11/2017
Bhanu M.
Technical Support
  • Reviewed on 12/08/2019

"GOOD EXPIRENCE"

Comments: We use sage for accounting. The best thing is we can use sage cloud anywhere in the world. the software reminds us of the payments due for the customers. Then we can call our customers. It's easy to use. It saves time. If your computer will be crash then our all accounts are fully safe in the cloud-based sage. It's easy to use and access. When we need any help then the sage technician will fix the problem within few minutes on the call with remote access.

Pros: a few months ago we use the sage on the computer but if there any problem with the computer then our sage data not secure. Some time we lost lots of files as well. but when we subscribe Cloud service it's so much secure and easy. Our all data is fully secure on the sage cloud. The best thing is we can access anywhere in the world.

Cons: Nothing, when we need any help the sage technicians help me.

• Reviewed on 12/08/2019
Tarryn T.
  • Reviewed on 13/05/2019

"Good solution for the small business owner"

Pros: It is fairly easy to use. It provides the basic needs of small business owners. Helps me with their tax prep needs

Cons: Navigation through the product isn't seamless

• Reviewed on 13/05/2019
Karen N.
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"Almost has 100% of what we need as a growing business"

Comments: Compliance, ability to integrate different aspects of financial company data.

Pros: User-friendly interface. Good dashboard view.
Collaboration with external agencies - HMRC, our accountant & book-keeper.
Functionality has increased alongside our needs as a growing business.
Cost-effective
Excellent customer support

Cons: No trace-ability of emails sent - only a Yes or No view of whether emails (invoices) have been sent.
Cannot export XL data to our Pension portal (Big booooo for the Sageone!)
No auto-generation of a reference number for purchases like there is sales?! This causes us issues!!
Only 1 user allowed to access Payroll platform for our subscription

Jan K.
Operations Manager
Real Estate, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/07/2018

"I have been using Peachtree Complete Accounting for over 16 years."

Comments: Easy now to manipulate. I only wish I could input my bank information into Peachtree but it will not except it.

Pros: I have been using Peachtree Complete Accounting for over 16 years. It has taken many years to learn because I was never trained on the software.

Cons: My only issue with Peachtree Complete Accounting with Sage is the customer support. You have to wait hours to speak with someone if there is an issue especially if you call you have to just leave your name and number. During tax season it is impossible to reach someone. I once waited over 4-6 hours to get a response.

• Reviewed on 05/07/2018
Weston W.
Ceo
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2018

"On the Wright path"

Comments: Well if you have clients like I do it will make your life easier and more organized

Pros: I first had this software when it was peach tree. It has a ton of features more then you will ever need with the ability to back everything up.

Cons: It takes time to learn there is so much. I would start using this software has soon had you can. I started using it in the middle of my second year of business back in 2014 and it time some time inputting data but once it's there this software made my life a breeze but you will need to take time to set it up

• Reviewed on 01/08/2018
Krystal L.
Office Administrator
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/11/2019

"Using Sage since Peachtree"

Comments: This software has helped us to have all the necessary reports for the government. We recommend it if you want a complete one.

Pros: It is a complete software to manage your business accounting. We have been using Sage since it was Peachtree. Now you can manage the accounting everywhere with the cloud feature. You can manage sales, inventory, employees, estimates, purchases/sellers, and so much more.

Cons: You can be confused sometimes because all the windows are similar.

• Reviewed on 11/11/2019
James A.
  • Reviewed on 02/02/2018

"We've used SageOne Accounting (and it's predecessor) for many years - love it!"

Pros: We find it does what it says it does. It's very flexible, not only because of Cloud access, but in terms of products, sales invoicing and reporting. The addition of integration of PayRoll has saved us both time and money.

Cons: To be honest, Iuse it without fuss. I'd prefer the Other Payments option to be in the 'Purchasing' section rather than the 'Banking' section and maybe a 'custom' layout option for Invoices - not fields, but presentation. That's all.

• Reviewed on 02/02/2018
Finance
Accounting, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 23/07/2019

"Sage Business Cloud accounting the accounting solution for growing businesses"

Pros: Sage Business Cloud accounting is the ideal solution for any growing small business. You have all the information available to you on your cellphone if you so require. You can invoice clients as you do the job no matter what your industry. A great full function accounting system

Cons: The number of columns you are allowed when importing bank csv information is limited. Otherwise the import function serves its function.

• Reviewed on 23/07/2019
Andrew G.
2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/02/2018

"Sage has made a big improvement on managing our accounts"

Comments: Improved recording of accounts and better organisation of data.
Ability to generate reports and forecasts.

Pros: As a small business this has helped us to manage our both payroll and accounts. The initial motivator to look at online packages was for auto-enrolment. Having used the accounting package as well it's helped us to organise our accounts better and it is a lot easier to get information and reports from it.
The technical support either via self help, web chat and telephone is excellent. I've made a few mistakes initially and these were easily resolved with support line help.

Cons: This will be common to all packages. I now feel that using this software is making us do some tasks that our accountant used to do. Unfortunately I feel that some of this relies on a bit of an understanding of accountancy principles that I didn't have. I needed the support to help explain this and how to find some options. Once done though it's easy to find again.

• Reviewed on 05/02/2018
Karl B.
Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2019

"Sage business cloud accounting"

Comments: Sage business cloud accounting isn't free but nesscecary and tailored for small businesses. It brings ease and practicalcality when organizing clients and accounts. There are many bisinesses using sage business cloud accounting, so there is no doubt that the software has been designed to cator for the tasks at hand.

Pros: The software is simple to setup from entering in the user's company details and client details.
Menus are easy to navigate.
Requires basic accounting knowledge.
It is cloud based, bringing convenience in and out of the office.
The software handles all the nesscecary transactions regarding accounting for small businesses.

Cons: The software can be slow at times.
Lacks customization features in areas.
A break in an Internet connection can cause a loss in work.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2019
Dave D.
MD
  • Reviewed on 23/02/2017

"The Best Accounting Software For Non-Accountants"

Comments: As someone who is more interested in running my business than getting kinky with red tape, Sage one was the best of all the accounting packages for me. Automated VAT returns as well as bank feeds were my two big requirements and Sage One fulfilled this perfectly. That it doesn't have a mobile app is an absolute travesty but that none of it's competitors with the same feature set do either means I'm sticking with it for now. As soon as another accounting software company comes along with Bank Feeds, Automated VAT returns (for Ireland without a hack) and a mobile app for receipts (currently, I use receipt bank with Sage), then I'll switch.

Pros: Easy to use. Irish VAT returns. Missing features are mostly filled with third party integrations.

Cons: No mobile app. Super annoying when trying to get info or input anything on the go.

• Reviewed on 23/02/2017
Bev L.
Technical Director
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/01/2018

"Straightforward and easy to use, for someone who has no business accounting knowledge."

Comments: Straightforward and easy to use. Was very quick and easy to set-up, get customers on and get invoices sent out.

Pros: Easy to use and understandable. Produces reports that allow you to quickly see the information you need. Easy and quick to create and send invoices out. Like the fact I can access it from anywhere and on any device.

Cons: Frustrating when the server is overloaded or experiencing high-demand and then unable to access Sage One.

Craig D.
Creative Director
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/11/2018

"Best cloud based accounting software"

Comments: Easy platform for non book keepers to keep a finger on the pulse of their financials

Pros: That you can have full access to all financial
detail of your business wherever you are

Cons: Maybe allow a link through for document storage to keep down the user space needed.
For instance if I upload my slips and document to Sage I’d quickly use up my allocated space, if it could link through to my dropbox where I get far more space

• Reviewed on 29/11/2018