• Overall
    4.7 /5
    4.7 /5
    4.5 /5

About MeisterTask

MeisterTask is the most intuitive task management and collaboration tool on the web.

Learn more about MeisterTask

Robert H.
Art Director
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/03/2021

"MT is my GOAT for project management"

Comments: Overall, I would describe my experience as happy.

Pros: The software makes it so easy to add tasks and to visually see the projects on your schedule. It's much easier to use than others on the market today.

Cons: Notification... to be fair, I haven't really spent much time on how this works.

by Meister on 05/04/2021

Hi Robert,
Thank you for your review.

You've mentioned you're not quite sure how to set up notifications - you can find more information in our article here: https://support.meistertask.com/hc/en-us/articles/360015779160.

Best regards,
Your MeisterTeam

• Reviewed on 03/03/2021
Alexandra N.
Deputy Head of Radiochemistry Lab
Chemicals, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/04/2020

"Enables a great overview & isn't too complicated"

Pros: It looks really nice and allows us to have a much better overview over the multitude of tasks we need to keep track of. Also, my non-tech-colleagues can use it easily as well. We use the "kanban board" in a slightly different way - using columns for different task groups like "quality management" or "orders" and subdivide it into the tasks that need to be finished. Being able to see how much of a task is done and who is currently working on it is also very nice.

Cons: We purchased an upgrade, but when we weren't on time for the payment it was confusing to get back to the basic version. Because that was so intransparent we're currently using the basic version although we've payed for the upgrade.
Also, that bar you use to scroll - especially at the bottom of the screen to side-scroll is tiny - we often use Meistertask on a 13" screen, so if you could enlarge that, it would be great. Assigning multiple people to one task would also be a nice improvement. And do you have more colors?

• Reviewed on 21/04/2020
John H.
Development & Communications
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2019

"Great tool for implementing GTD"

Comments: Overall the functionality that this tool offers even at the basic level is really amazing. I highly recommend it for personal work-flow management as well as for tracking shared projects. It's not ideal for highly complex and broad projects where you need to organize based on timeline and be able to quickly scroll through hundreds of tasks—If that is your need, I'd look for a more robust PM software. But personally, at this point I'm thinking it's almost the perfect tool for implementing the Getting Things Done methodology and managing personal and work life flow.

Pros: My favorite function is the quick-entry, task checklist on the mobile app. I use this as my digital "in-tray" to capture any and all thoughts, ideas, recommendations that come across my mind or radar. I love that you can then convert those straight to existing projects. The flexibility is great, and the layers of function are wonderful, ie the checklists within project tasks, and the ability to attach docs out of your google drive to hold project support material right there within the task.

Cons: The integrations are somewhat lacking and glitchy—so far requiring the use of Zapier—with a confusing setup process (even for someone who is somewhat familiar with Zapier). I wish there was a way to more easily set reminders as opposed to just task due dates. The most annoying thing is probably that when you do convert tasks in the checklist to project tasks, they will not uncommonly end up in a completely different project. This is problematic. It's an odd glitch, but I hope that it is something the development team can remedy and seems likely so.

• Reviewed on 30/10/2019
Michael A.
Student
Restaurants, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/06/2019

"Overall great app with only three areas of improvement"

Comments: It helps me organize my daily tasks and not forget about tasks which I do not have a scheduled date for yet.

Pros: What I like most about MeisterTask is its Graphical User Interface which is very appealing. It makes using the program very easy and enjoyable. Also, it is not clogged up with information so you always have a good idea at first glance regarding what you need to do and what you have already done.

Cons: There are 3 things that I whish MeisterTask had:
1. Enhanced notification settings:
The only thing that I found a bit frustrating when using Meistertask in a group project is that notifications are limited to the people asigned to a project or watching it.
What would be helpful if there was an option where you could set notifications in a way that the entire group gets informed about all the activity. For example, we used one board as a notification board. So when there was information that the team leader wanted to give out to the entire group (so noone specifically) than he/she would post it there. Problem was, nobody was notified by meistertask about. That was one of the reasons why people in my group stopped using meistertask. So I strongly recommend that you enhance the notification settings. So that there are options where you can opt to be informed about everything that is happening on meister task.
2. Calendar:
It would be great if there was a calendar which shows when you have scheduled your tasks. So if you set a deadline for a task that calendar should display it. That would just help with visualizing when certain tasks are due. Because now Im using another app as a calendar. Would be great if I could use meistertask for both.
3. Gantt Chart:
Along with the point abovde a gantt chart would be nice too. So if there was an option to not only set a deadline but also a duration for a task. That can then be displayed in a gantt chart. That would be awesome.

• Reviewed on 21/06/2019
Sacha H.
Internet, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/09/2019

"That's when You say: Why no one did it this way?"

Comments: I downloaded MeisterTask because I was unsatisfied, for a reason or another, with the task managers I was using. I've been through todoist, asana, trello…
It was a total surprise: UI absolutely clean, nice and effective; workflow intuitive and super useful, logic super linear. Everything seemed to me to be, for the first time since I use task managers and gtds (I started a loooong time ago), in the perfect place.
I started using it and, after 10 minutes working with it, my decision was simple: approved, and adopted. Now MeisterTasks the daily companion for me and the people I work with, for any project we have.
It's not only a matter of effectiveness: MeisterTasks has a great design and lets me feel in a beautiful palce, while I organise my working life: this is a great thing, because it makes mehappy to use it, which is a motivating thing, as well.
Final thoughts: easy to use and add/modify/track/share tasks/projects. Beautifully crafted. Minor things that can only be improved. My personal rating? 5 stars and a thank you.

Pros: Ease of use, workflow, simplicity, intuitiveness, tools, logic, learning curve: practically, almost everything.
I have been using all kinds of task managers, gtds: none of them can rival the "zero curve" it took me to approach and use effectively this wonderful app. It's so well crafted that it took me really no time to decide to use it. Now, is the daily companion for me and the people I work with. Priceless.

Cons: In the webpage version I can't find how to start the timer on a task (I have to do that on the smartphone) and I have to reload the webpage, sometimes, cause it seems not to be perfectly updated. In the smartphone versions, I'd like to see all messages in a specific task organised differently: they are at the bottom, mixed with all activities, and therefore they are not so effective as they could. But is a minor thing.

• Reviewed on 09/09/2019
Matt H.
Nonprofit Organization Management, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/06/2019

"LOVE Meistertask!"

Pros: I manage several grant projects at a time with several staff members working on each grant. I used to have a GIANT white board in my office where I would track the progress on grant deliverables and staff assignments. At the end of every day, I would spend 30 minutes to an hour erasing and updating the white board. Now, with MeisterTask, that task is cut down to 10-15 minutes. What's even better, is now I can just go ahead and assign people tasks right within MeisterTask and we can have whole conversations about tasks without ever leaving the program. IT IS A LIFE CHANGER for me. Beyond the features, it's also incredibly easy to use. Our staff was able to dive in and get acquainted with the program very quickly (and we aren't always the most tech savvy.) I HIGHLY recommend trying it out. I've started using MeisterTask for personal projects as well.

Cons: I wish there were better data tracking features. Like when you archive a task, it would be nice to be able to go back and see what got done in a single day. We also do a lot of data tracking for grants. We explored using Custom Feilds to record the data we were tracking. It worked great in the program, but did not download cleanly at all into a CSV which we needed for reports to our funders. If Meistertask could build some more robust data tracking into the program, it would be even better!

• Reviewed on 24/06/2019
Peter T.
product owner
Alternative Medicine, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 13/08/2019

"good and easy kanban board"

Comments: for a while i did use it daily for freelance projects and private life planning. also used it for some scrum-like sprints, more the execute part of it than the planning and strategy

Pros: easy to use, good functionlity in the free version. good for small projects and private use or freelance use

Cons: would love unlimited space to add text in the cards (it is limited in my free version, maybe paid version as well

• Reviewed on 13/08/2019
Janosch F.
Human Resources Consultant
Human Resources, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 03/12/2019

"A mixed Bag"

Comments: I was happy of having something available quickly, the whole team could work with cooperatively with almost zero effort. Then I got troubled by all the things that were meant to be done a lot differently from how I wanted them to be and was used to. In the end I had to quit using Meistertask because the differences in what I wanted and how it wanted me to use ist were too big. I whish many other tools would take an example und MeisteTtasks strengths in setting up your team an getting things done with your team on the run. I would love MeisterTask to learn a way to bemore flexible and less demanding in how to work with it.

Pros: Meistertask is simple. There is fun in using it and te developers thought about some good things (such as little gags and light gameification elements) to engage users. Also it is great on cross platform functionality. Keeping things up to date and synchronized while working on mobile or desktop both works fine. Also, there is structure for different types of tasks and attributes as well as priorities and a lot of different options for tasks. In case you have a bunch of things to do and a team eager to get going but no time or mind for setting up workflow based cooperation on your own, grab MeisterTask and get going it'll most probably do the Job for you.

Cons: MeisterTask is set up in a way, that requires you to stick with the idea it has about organizing your work. If you try to do it differently you will most certainly encounter issues. I was not able to setup *my* workflow with MeisterTask and after trying and trying I landed in a spot where I build workarounds around workarounds. The greatest Boon of MeisterTask is at the same time its curse: Structure is provided. If you are flexible enough to go with this and cooperate as a team, this ist perfect. Otherwise not so much. Also, Meistertasks Interface is rather... buttons ae big, so are labels, colors are bright edges are rounded. It makes up for a great own Style, it just might not be everyones cup of candysyrup. Also the pictures of cute animals for finished lists of tasks were a little to much for my personal liking.

• Reviewed on 03/12/2019
Jürgen V.
Editor
Media Production, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2020

"It's all you need and it just works"

Comments: At EURONICS Trendblog we were looking for a simple Kanban-based project management tool and MeisterTask was just what we were looking for.

Pros: - Ease of use
- Reliability
- Great functionality even in basic version
- E-mail notification

Cons: Since I cannot post this form without entering something: Maybe I don't need a lot of the extra features. But since MeisterTask doesn't force you to (thank you!), there is nothing much to complain here.

• Reviewed on 24/04/2020
Sheena T.
Self
Education Management, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 19/02/2021

"Personal Use Gold Star"

Comments: I use Meistertask for personal uses. To be honest it is a great over all life tool not just for work. If my work place had Meistertask, I would use it often to track projects, tasks, and milestones. But since I use the free version in my personal life, it is such a good tool to manage personal habits and ensure I can get things done when I plan to and how often. I check my inconsistencies and work on them the following month. Make quick notes and add personal comments to each task, which I use as tracking specific categories. Then each subtask within a major task I use as a checkoff list. So far, it has been so useful. I share items with my husband and it's easy for him to pick up and learn.

Pros: I think the features are very easy to figure out when you first access the product. They seem quite straight forward. Easy to set up tasks, organize them, add users/stakeholders, add subtasks, etc. Even without any guidance or training the application is easy to pick up. I actually use the free version for personal use and it works so well managing trips, personal tasks, and building personal habits. Sharing is so easy and adding users to your projects is simple and easy. Others can simply create a Meistertask account and start collaborating.

Cons: What I wish there was is an easy accessable legend for icons or a "hover to discover" feature where a description of icons and tools would just pop-up so you don't have to guess and wonder what they do. It would be a nice feature to have a calendar option where my tasks and checklist items appeared on a calendar instead of having to place them in columns. I use a free version so I may just lack access.

• Reviewed on 19/02/2021
Kevin E.
Kevin
  • Reviewed on 30/09/2019

"Sales Director"

Comments: MeisterTask helps keep me and my team organized, visible and accountable. Tasks rarely slip through the cracks

Pros: I love the following benefits of MeisterTask (among many others)
• Cross & multi-platform capabilities
• Kanban UI
• Ability to customize

Cons: The only thing I can complain about – and this is nitpicking – is the lack of internal calendar.

• Reviewed on 30/09/2019
Patrick L.
Software Developer
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2020

"MeisterTask Review"

Comments: I use MeisterTask for project management. We have hundreds of tickets laying around at any point in time, so it is absolutely vital for our success that we have a software like it for tracking our progress.

Pros: That it's free. Honestly, the free version has so many features which are extremely useful. The more specific and less important features like for example Git integration are all in the paid version. This makes MeisterTask a great product for people who can't afford the premium version as well as people who pay for the premium version.

Cons: I didn't have any inconveniences that I can remember right now. It all just worked from the beginning.

• Reviewed on 18/01/2020
Aaron P.
Financial Security Advisor
Financial Services, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"An absolute must!"

Pros: An incredible software that makes task organization easy, simple, and visual. The Kanban layout shows you exactly what needs to be done and at what stage of the process it is currently. This means ANYBODY with things to accomplish can use this. It's a particular must for teams that are involved in a project because the cards allow you to assign the task to a specific team member. It also allows you to track activity to see your team's progress. Meistertask is now fully integrated into my daily routine and has definitely helped me get things done in a more efficient and strategic (and not to mention fun) manner!

Cons: Not really a 'con', but I'd prefer more customization with the layout and look of the Kanban board.

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Dejan P.
Religious officer
Religious Institutions, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 27/01/2019

"Free Features That Worth Much"

Comments: For many years I have used Trello, several months Asana and really long time Google Keep. And I have searched Kanban like software everywhere. Logic behind Kanban is really good.
I am programmer amateur and I have tried to use some opensource kanban projects to make my own kanban software, but with this tool, your tool, I don't need any other software. I can continue to do what I like with MeisterTask to organize my projects.
I like MeisterTask so much that I have moved all my tasks from Google Keep and projects from Trello (except some organisational projects) to MeisterTask.
Several projecst I have sync with my wife and some friends. I have bring them to MeisterTask software. They like it so far.
This app is great. I love it. So please, keep it simple and customizable, it is important. Thank you very much.

Pros: Simple and fast. I use Desktop version on Windows 10 but I use several android devices as well as iPad. Everywhere is simple as it could be.
Coloring lists is really helpful, Projects are accessible and easy to manage. You can customize many things. Special when is word about tags, recordings, defaults...etc. I never wondered where is what. This tool is logical. Software is working offline so you don't have to be connected to add or remove things. Later everything is synchronized.

Cons: I would like to have price for full software, not to rent it yearly or monthly. I don't have company or big business so I don't need all Pro features. I like free features but If I can pay for full software for reasonable price I would do it. So biggest con is Paying plan.

• Reviewed on 27/01/2019
Denis J.
Host
Hospitality, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/10/2019

"Free task manager ideal for small group"

Comments: Simplicity. We could start working efficiently immediately. No learning curve.

Pros: The free version is sufficient for working in small team : sharing tasks on different projects, commenting on tasks and attaching documents and todo lists. The pro version is appealing but for the moment I can work with the free version and test it in details.
The interface is simple and convivial and this is why I choose MeisterTask.

Cons: In my case, very small business, not for profit, the price is a little too high and if you want to expand it with other module (zappier) it can be expensive. I'm Ok for the free version for the moment and I'll consider the pro later on.

• Reviewed on 07/10/2019
Jenny G.
People Operation Specialist
Computer Hardware, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 19/07/2019

"Greatest tool there in the Market"

Comments: It is WONDERFULL!!! It changed my life when I started using it.

Pros: It is user-friendly and really easy to share projects with other colleagues. You can add a comment and tag a person and this person will get an email with the update.

Cons: Maybe be able to personalize your project with the background.
Get an email after a task has been done with the ALL info regarding the task. So you can go back in case you need to retract some information.

• Reviewed on 19/07/2019
Construction, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/11/2020

"One of the simplest cost effective project management tools I've used"

Comments: Works very well overall for tracking projects and tasks. Can't beat the price.

Pros: Easy to get started and begin workflows. Simple for users to understand.

Cons: File sharing and revision management is poor. Desperately needs a contacts page that can be linked to outlook or at least built for the project.

• Reviewed on 27/11/2020
Carla P.
Graphic Designer
Design, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/03/2020

"Best Tool for Team Organization"

Comments: Better organization of time and resources. More control over projects and tasks.

Pros: Very easy to use, practical, great design and good overall experience.

Cons: Maybe it could have some coloring on the cards for easy and fast understanding.

• Reviewed on 30/03/2020
architect
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/08/2019

"meistertask"

Comments: we tried to install it for use on daily basis, but it was less accepted than other solutions, in the end we stopped using it.

Pros: reduced to the minimum, with intuitive approach for us admins. yet it has in depth possibilities and many sub-features that can be used but are not all visible in order to prevent an overboarding impression.

Cons: online and offline software, which requires log-ins frequently, but doesn'Ät recosgnise the user, so one has to type the log in every time it is required. for the team the software was not used frequently, for most of them found it complicated and less intuitive.

• Reviewed on 28/08/2019
Mike L.
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 18/06/2019

"Awesome!"

Pros: We use MeisterTask to manage all the development work on our website, and it's incredible. The UX is very user-friendly and intuitive. It has all the features we need and simplifies our entire development process. You can create tons of tasks/projects, allocate them to specific people, upload docs/images, add comments, set deadlines, adjust completion status - basically everything you need to collaborate on and manage projects. Highly recommended!

Cons: They removed the feature to directly respond to specific comments, which was really useful.

• Reviewed on 18/06/2019
Richard D.
Account Manager
Computer Software, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/10/2019

"Great visual project planning tool"

Comments: I use this solution to prepare client plans high level. I use MS Project for detailed projects, this tool is easy, fast and effective

Pros: Ease of use, ability to structure tasks visually. Portability between platforms. Ability to move tasks using drop click-drag between status. I was looking for a tool that could show high-level steps in projects, and give me the ability to share the plans. MeisterTask was just that. Simple, effective and visually appealing.

Cons: Every task requires assigning to the owner, should have default owner in the configuration. Need import from MS Project.

• Reviewed on 27/10/2019
Donna M.
Production Editor
Publishing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2019

"Thrilled to work with a company who has great environmental initiatives."

Comments: Outstanding experience. A massive benefit to me is being able to import documents from various other platforms ie google docs.

Pros: Meistertask allows me complete command and control over all stages and details of my projects. It's the ability for my clients to follow my daily progress, complete set tasks, and the collating and archiving of all related documents that I find indispensable. Meistertask has revolutionised the way I do things, and I'm thrilled to work with a company who has great environmental initiatives too.

Cons: There is nothing I liked least about the software. It far exceeds my needs.

• Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Gina C.
  • Reviewed on 04/10/2019

"Meistertask - Really the Master of taks management"

Pros: I love the software as it is intuitive and very easy to use. We are using it for all of our project management and have found it to be very practical and especially great in terms of tracking time on each of the projects we are involved in. We are considering getting the pro version as we have been using the free version for some months now. We are of the definite opinion, that the pro version is very much good value for money.

Cons: It takes up a lot of bandwidth and it is sometimes rather slow to load. There is room for improvement concerning speed and the usage of bandwidth.

• Reviewed on 04/10/2019
Mariusz S.
SEO Director
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/10/2019

"Simple and fast"

Comments: It's best tool for canban.

Pros: - very simple and effective
- beauty design
- integration with zapier

Cons: - no Polish language
- no native integration with Google

• Reviewed on 16/10/2019
Jorden B.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2019

"Task management tool that integrates with Mind Meister!"

Comments: Honestly, MeisterTask is an amazing online task management tool. I love how clean and fresh the UI is and how easy and intuitive the software works. They give you so much for the free version so this is a great tool if you are just starting out. I have used a lot of other project management tools, which most of them are overly complicated while MeisterTask keeps things easy so you can get things done!

Pros: I absolutely love Meister Task! It has a very clean and intuitive user interface. One of the best I have seen! The Kanban feature works great. It allows you to add images, comments, assign tasks and tags. You can have several projects with a team of people working and collaborating on them. MiesterTask is fast and works with any device. The fact that you can assign todo's inside of Mind Meister is huge. I use Mind Meister all the time so this feature is completely unique.

Cons: The one thing I'm not really happy with is the inability to batch move tasks from one section to another. I don't know why we can do that! You can only move one task at a time. Also, the scroll bar is pretty small and hard to click on because it's pretty skinny. The free version doesn't support recurring tasks so that's something to be aware of if you are not going to pay for it.

• Reviewed on 01/02/2019