Filter by:

• Overall

About Odoo

An open-source suite of integrated apps to manage CRM, PoS, Website, eCommerce, Sales, Accounting, Warehouse, HR, Marketing, and more.

Learn more about Odoo

Alián R.
Alián R.
Software Engineer & Business Development Manager
  • Reviewed on 25/02/2020

"Excellent ERP to manage your business operations"

Comments: We used to use spreadsheets before switching to Odoo and the savings in time and effort, plus the accuracy of the information is the main value we receive. Particularly, the Recruitment module helps us to configure an Application Tracking System, and now, we have visibility over KPIs that before was not possible. The implementation of an extension of the CRM module allow us to customize easily the system to our needs too.

Pros: Odoo provides my company with all the modules needed to manage the business. It is easy to set up, intuitive and the modules are well integrated.

Cons: The Community edition provides a lot of built-in features, but since version 9, Odoo has been moving features from Community version to Enterprise, so I could see some of them, which I was using, unavailable in recent versions.

Alternatives Considered: SugarCRM

Reasons for Choosing Odoo: Because managing business operations in spreadsheets it is extremely time-consuming. It requires a lot of coordination and is prone to errors.

Reasons for Switching to Odoo: Because provides more modules. The availability in our market of Python developers to extend and customize the platform was another reason.

• Reviewed on 25/02/2020
Nabin P.
Nabin P.
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2021

"Complete set of business management software"

Comments: Odoo has helped us to automate our business process securely while leveraging more revenue.

Pros: The best part about Odoo is its open-source software which you can download and run on your private server, which makes it more secure and reliable. Odoo comes with integrated apps for CRM, eCommerce, accounting, PoS, and project management. The software is easy to implement with detailed documentation and active community support.

Cons: The software is written in high-level open-source interpreted Python language. If the software was written in JAVA it would have been even better.

Alternatives Considered: SAP ERP, Dynamics 365, Zoho CRM, Acumatica Cloud ERP and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Odoo: Odoo can be implemented on-premise making it more reliable and secure.

Switched From: NetSuite

Reasons for Switching to Odoo: Odoo is open source and can be hosted on-premise making it best for growing business.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2021
Wes S.
Wes S.
Vice President
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 14/09/2020

"Do Not Purchase Directly From Odoo"

Comments: I wish it had worked. We struggeld with the software for 18 months - even reaching out to the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] via Twitter asking for help. Odoo does not care about the customer. If you work with a reseller, they are awesome. But we made the mistake of buying through Odoo, installing 3rd party apps and then having tons of programming issues that no one would help us with. Great software - horrible company.

Pros: The software is incredibly eligant. The way everything works together via API is astounding. I can't say enough about how flexible this software is.

Cons: Support. We made the mistake of purchasing through Odoo and not a reseller and everything was pretty much wrong from day 1. All help is predicated on you having no 3rd party apps. The problem is, you cannot run the software without 3rd party apps.

Alternatives Considered: NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Odoo: We outgrew Zoho.

Switched From: Zoho CRM

Reasons for Switching to Odoo: Compared to Netsuite, it was affordable and the rep assured us it would do all the things Netsuite would do.

• Reviewed on 14/09/2020
Denis L.
CEo & Chief Architect
  • Reviewed on 15/12/2020

"Odoo Hosted is Kewl"

Comments: I wanted more than "just QuickBooks", b ut, I still wanted it to be simple. Odoo delivers.

Pros: Odoo hosted is awesome. It's features are robust and simple. It's easy to start experimenting for free with new integrated technologies and then turn them on in production as it makes sense econimically as we scale our business. It's high quality open source software written in Python and leveraging PostgreSQL for the database. Personally, I'd love to be a contributor to the Open Source portfolio of features and products (if only I had the time). Also, they have friendly and very knowledgable support staff that are there to help you succeed without any high pressure tactics. They are in it with you for the long term. I can not recommend Odoo enough.

Cons: I don't have any real complaints yet. So far I haven't needed much technical support and things are pretty intuitive (once you start using it).

Alternatives Considered: QuickBooks Desktop Enterprise

Reasons for Choosing Odoo: Wanted more features AND a better Web UI. In short, I wanted real ERP sioftware, but, still wanted ease of use.

Switched From: Quickbooks Online

• Reviewed on 15/12/2020
Brittany N.
Brittany N.
Strategic Account Specialist
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/04/2021

"Odoo: Robust Accounting Software"

Comments: We have mainly focused on Odoo from early last year to track applicants, manage accounts Receivable, invoicing among other business procedures.

Pros: I like how Odoo provides our organization with all modules for Business management such as bank Reconciliation, billing and invoicing etc.

Cons: For the entire that I have been using Odoo to handle asset tracking, automated quoting amomg other procedures, i have never had issues.

• Reviewed on 12/04/2021
Management Consulting, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/08/2020

"Beautiful face very bad customer service"

Comments: While I was analyzing the system the attention was incredible. I felt really very well taken care of, once I started having problems, the customer service and support area seemed to have lost all interest in us.

Pros: The demo was amazing, incredible, I had an instant love for the tool, the low prices really excited me.

Cons: after years of use the migration was impossible and I had to change from software to another brand because I came to the conclusion that the slow support seemed to be guessing how to solve my problems

Alternatives Considered: NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Odoo: Because migration was an impossible task, we did everything Odoo said had to be done, we even hired odoo.sh a few years before because they assured me that everything would work better, but it didn't, I felt really ripped off.

Reasons for Switching to Odoo: I chose odoo for price and level of service without asking for references to other companies, over time I realized that other companies like mine went through the same thing.

• Reviewed on 04/08/2020
Ebrahim A.
Accounting, 2-10 Employees
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019

"Almost complete ERP for a fraction of other software"

Comments: From what I have seen so far, Odoo solved or at least helped the situation of every information/workflow related problem we threw at it.

Pros: I could not think of any business function not covered by Odoo and it is done with elegance; there is no limit to what can be done with it and the subscription prices are reasonable.

Cons: There are some IT cost associated for implementation and configuration, that is if you want to fully utilize it.
Also, I cannot understand why it cannot be purchased, is it because of GPL? but it is being sold as subscription!

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365, Sage Intacct, Quickbooks Online and Zoho CRM

Reasons for Choosing Odoo: 1. User friendly for clients and their staff 2. Dimensional counterparty design 3. Import/export functions

Switched From: TallyPrime

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2019
Julian V.
Julian V.
Software Engineer
  • Reviewed on 30/04/2020

"experience rating"

Comments: Great, i have worked with CRM, sales and inventory, i like the kanban views, making reports and fields related with other modules.

Pros: I like the modular applications, easy custom development, use and manipulate data with different views.

Cons: Graphic design, although in the latest versions you're improving it. Another thing is security, i think that web login is weak.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365 and JD Edwards EnterpriseOne

Reasons for Choosing Odoo: costs, maintenance and open source code.

Switched From: SAP Business One

Reasons for Switching to Odoo: Easy integration, development, maintenance and customer support.

• Reviewed on 30/04/2020
Kim A.
Sales Representative
Building Materials, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/02/2017

"Amazing Features - Some Training Required"

Comments: This system is a brilliant idea and fantastic tool for any business, but it's not intuitive or necessarily easy to use. This wouldn't be an issue if it were easy to ask questions, but in my personal experience, customer support is a bit slow in answering questions and their service is rather superficial, especially in the accounting department. We've had to fend for ourselves and resort to trial and error a few times. It also kind of stops us from exploring all the awesome features that this software boasts for fear of somehow messing up the accounts. If you purchase this software, take the time to get good training at the beginning and ask questions when you manage to speak with a knowledgeable customer service representative. In the right hands, this platform is powerful and useful!

Pros: Wide range of tools

Cons: Not necessarily easy to use from the get-go

by Odoo on 23/03/2017

Thank you for your review Kim. It's great to get the feedback. We like to make sure that we're on top of things, to always aim to provide our customers with the best possible experience, and continuously improve it.

• Reviewed on 28/02/2017
Daniel H.
Engineer
Building Materials, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/01/2017

"Odoo - Great for the price"

Comments: Odoo's ERP system is being implemented partially by our company to roll out a new product line. It works for us as an inventory management system, but we have also implemented parts of the purchasing and sales app. There's always room for improvement, for example in the nomenclature for importing and exporting data, but I believe the issues addressed in Odoo 10 are a good step in the right direction. Odoo has handled most everything we've thrown at it when combined with the technical support at Odoo (which has been great so far).

Pros: The linking between various apps makes most information easy to find - the delivery orders are easy to follow from a sales order, the Bill of Materials can be found from within a manufacturing order, etc. And when set up correctly, the dashboard app is quite useful.

Cons: The lack of clarity with allocation and forecasting. Without columns shows what's coming in and what is going out, it's difficult to tell what's allocated in the forecasted quantity. Also, the inability to maneuver from within the dashboard app and the lack of visibility of which app is being viewed from within the dashboard both seem like oversights - Orders could be confirmed, reserved, and delivered from the dashboard if the arrow buttons at the top right worked correctly and allowed proper navigation.

• Reviewed on 17/01/2017
Haytham Z.
Haytham Z.
Finance and IT manager
Pharmaceuticals, 51-200 Employees

"Great ERP, but:"

Comments: If you know what you want to use odoo for exactly and choose the right partner with experience and fair fees, you will have the best erp ever

Pros: Very easy to use, cover most of of business needs,
Customizable

Cons: Partner! partners! partners!
No business experience, very young developers with no experience, alot of customization that make odoo worthless afterwards, alot of mony to implement and customize

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365

Reasons for Switching to Odoo: Sheeper

Saad T.
Erp consultant
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2019

"One app for all your business"

Pros: User friendly
Simple
Customizable
Modular

Cons: Licence cost
Mobile application
Database upgarde

by Odoo on 31/07/2019

Thanks for the review Saad! We strive to create user-friendly apps that are simple to customize and modular so we are glad to see your experience reflects that. Keep up the great work! :)

Jon P.
Systems Engineer
Automotive, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2019

"Odoo is a complex, but fully capable software suite to handle many different business needs"

Comments: My overall experience with Odoo was very good. Their support team was easy to work with and knowledgeable. I'd recommend Odoo to people who are tech savvy and looking for a platform to be able to grow with their business.

Pros: My company was looking into finding some new manufacturing software for our business. I spent quite a bit of time in Odoo looking at their manufacturing module. The first thing that jumped out at me is how Odoo is pretty unique in its functionality. It doesn't go about things in the standard way many manufacturing programs do, but can accomplish all standard needs. I was especially impressed with the customizable capabilities of Odoo with their Studio module but also the ability to do large scale customization as their software is open source. The modular setup of the software is also nice as you can add modules as you go and your business grows or needs change.

Cons: I thought this software had a fairly high learning curve to operate well within it. I believe this is because of their uniqueness in how the software is setup. Once you get used how it works, it works well and was fast and consistent. The price is reasonable, but as more modules are added, the price per user can get pretty high.

by Odoo on 10/06/2019

Hi Jon! Thanks for the review, we are excited to hear your feedback. It's great to see that you are doing some customization to your manufacturing app! Some exciting news for you is that we have released a ton of new eLearning content as well as a bigger support team to ensure we are creating simplicity out of the complex needs of your modern business. Let us know of other ways we can continue to help you run your business efficiently with Odoo. :)

• Reviewed on 29/03/2019
Rajiv R.
Special Projects Manager
Consumer Goods, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 06/08/2019

"Oversold and Underdelivered"

Comments: We purchased Odoo just about a year ago. We saw the potential it had, which drew our appeal. We began implementation and as it proceeded, we hit several points where we had to push back our launch date. We had (and still have) several bugs and issues with the software we face on a daily basis. We invested over double our initial budget on service hours and had to go back and forth with various Odoo Sales Team members just to be compensated for a chunk of the time reimbursed for issues that should have been taken care of. We have fully migrated our first company, and still in process of migrating our second.

Pros: -Odoo has a vast array of applications that appear very user friendly
-Can automate several manual functions that occur day-to-day
-Accessible on the go
-Have the ability to customize the system to meet your company's needs

Cons: -Setting up and configuring the database is almost impossible without support
- Several technical bugs and glitches
-Have to go through several hoops just to undo validated actions (ex: Validated Invoices, Orders)
-Can be slow at times
-Support has slow turn around times
-Sales Team overpromises and under-delivers

Alternatives Considered: Zoho CRM, Salesforce Sales Cloud, Keap and NetSuite

Reasons for Choosing Odoo: WinFashion was very outdated and not user friendly at all. It was hard to have a user friendly, fully functional website with this platform. It also prevented people from working at home, because it was not a Cloud based software,

Switched From: WinFashion ERP

Reasons for Switching to Odoo: Odoo was the most user-friendly (or at least how it appeared) and affordable option. It had all the key features we needed, as well as had the ability to customize features within the database, rather than functioning from an out-of-box system.

by Odoo on 23/08/2019

Hi Rajiv, thanks for your review. We are sorry to hear you had challenges with configuration. While self-implementation is free, we typically recommend getting technical services either internally, with Odoo directly, or with one of our thousands of Official Partner organizations worldwide. We give you many different options so you can choose the one that is right for you; but please get in contact with us if we can help in any way! :)

• Reviewed on 06/08/2019
Nicholas C.
Network Administrator
Internet, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/12/2018

"Odoo is open source ERP the way it should be"

Pros: There are two versions of Odoo available, the free open source version and the paid enterprise edition. The open source version is ideal to get your toes wet in the ERP world, it has most of the features that someone new might need. The enterprise version has everything else that you might require, but don't let this discourage you, you can always code your own features easily and efficiently in Python.

Cons: It can be quite difficult to get rolling with Odoo. Also, if you do not keep up with the upgrades on a regular basis, there might not be any valid upgrade pathway to make your data and custom code work with the latest release.

• Reviewed on 17/12/2018
Senior Account Manager
  • Reviewed on 06/11/2018

"Odoo CRM- Operations"

Comments: Business problems being solved are:
- Entire working modules for Material raising, Inventory, Logistics and Finance operations being solved.
- Communications across teams in an easy way related to sale order.
- Service modules, Ticketing for customers, Sales lead management also being performed.
- Seamless experience of multi-dimensional teams sitting across different geographies to know the update and nuances of current sale order.
- A bit cumbersome to use and involves complexity across functions.
- Value for money but do require external customizing implementations of functions.
Overall, able to resolve operational gaps with customization of modules to suit the business needs but require adequate time to comprehend the flow.

Pros: Best part:
- Once completely customized different teams like Inventory, Manufacturing, Logistics, Finance can easily integrate on the platform.
- Communication across teams for updates on operation process.
- Any kind of new functionality needed per se different businesses can be implemented.

Cons: - It is not easy to use, much effort and training needed to understand.
- Requires much of customization and suits to big business which have standard models of functioning.
- Requires good internet speed else it works too slow making usage experience quite wary.

by Odoo on 12/11/2018

Hi there, thank you for the review. We understand you had some challenges here, we'd like to help! While any ERP software implementation is going to be a challenge, especially when customization becomes necessary. With Odoo, many business processes can be performed right out of the box with zero customization. If you did a self-implementation please get in contact with us or check out some of our online resources about the challenges/customizations you experiences and we can help find the best solution for your company's specific needs. Thanks for being an awesome member of the Odoo community and we look forward to your feedback. :)

• Reviewed on 06/11/2018
Serag A.
GM-CTO

"The future of ERP"

Comments: We implemented, consulted & trained several businesses in different industries through 5 years, so we are very well experienced with the system. Also iam V12 certified concultant.

Pros: We are Odoo Certified Silver Partner in UK and Egypt. Odoo is largely expanding in several regions we serve. The ease of use, logic, and advanced apps in have Odoo provided business a one tool for all their business technology tools needs. This is a revolution in ERP systems.

Cons: Till now, i cant find anything to not like in this robust system.

by Odoo on 01/08/2019

Thanks for the review White Code team, we are honored to hear such great feedback and look forward to continuing to hear your results and feedback in the future! :)

Nacho C.
Nacho C.
Telecommunications, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/05/2018

"A good ERP for a very low investment with room for some users experience improvements"

Comments: Powerful complete ERP solution for a portion the cost of other similar solutions

Pros: Web based, Flexibility, Easy to use, Continuous Improvements, Multi companies, Multi currencies, Domestic Legal Journals...

Cons: Very little documentation of the product. When you make a mistake and want to fix that in the system is a total nightmare to undo errors.

by Odoo on 09/05/2018

Thanks for the review, we are excited to see another VOIP company utilizing Odoo tools to run their organization! Regarding documentation, we are continuously growing our user docs and improving usability, in the meantime if you need any help feel free to contact us at odoo.com/help to get the answers you need. We are always happy to help!

• Reviewed on 04/05/2018
Rebecca R.
Director of Operations
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/02/2017

"TrackSafe GPS Odoo Website Builder"

Comments: The Odoo website builder is an excellent add on application from Odoo that allows you to create a very professional and functional website with literally zero knowledge about website design. the drag and drop building block features make it very intuitive and allows you to be creative but still give guidance as to what you can and cannot do and how to get there. I was able to create a fully functional informative website over a weekend with mutiple pages and menus, forms, and animations. we have not added ecommerce to our website yet, but it seems to be a very simple addition that will turn a simple website into a full fuctioning online store that you can create by hand.
integrations between ecommerce and sales are already there, so your online sales come in real time and feed the other areas of your ERP that you have integrated.
great full cycle sales generator.

Pros: love that you dont have to be a professional web developer to end up with a GREAT looking website.
have had tons of compliments.
love that you can add in features like forms and ecommerce
the generic out of the box website template is clean and professional looking

Cons: i dont like that you cannot customize colors or fonts with the out of the box solution
i also dont like that you have to buy the add on app for animations.

by Odoo on 03/02/2017

Thank you Rebecca for the great feedback! It's always nice to hear from customers, especially happy ones.
Let us know if you decide to add eCommerce as well:)
Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 01/02/2017
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018

"Very flexible full featured CRM/ERP, with more modules than SME's will probably need"

Pros: I've been using Odoo for several years now (since it was branded TinyERP), and I believe it's one of the best open source solutions there. It's extensible, flexible and to a great extent reliable. I developed my own custom modules to extend my specific usecases

Cons: - Backward incompatibility. Migrating data after upgrade require a lot of manual work
- Setup can be a bit tricky
- Administration and customization may (or may not) require a bit of a learning curve, depending on the level of customization you need

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 24/04/2018
Camila K.
Sales Manager
Food & Beverages, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2021

"Been using it for almost 6 months and I love this ERP"

Comments: it makes all y processes way faster and it helped me organize my data. now I don't have to jump from one app to another. I can do everything from the same place.

Pros: what I like the most about Odoo is how everything is connected, I went from using 7 different apps and website to just do everything with Odoo, we have point of sale, sales, inventory, purchase, accounting, website, e-commerce.

Cons: the time it took me to learn how to use it and to training my teams but I feel it would be the same with other companies or even worse.

• Reviewed on 20/01/2021
Komal K.
Odoo developer
Computer Software, Self Employed
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"Daily life easy software - Odoo"

Comments: Overall experience is very Good ...
Become life easy and save time
But first need to understand odoo and how it's work and functionally ....
And in odoo Stock and multi company 2 point ia hard accounding to me

Pros: - one client many effect like only validate DO and stock is manage.... So many thing done in single click - Save your time

Cons: Yes,when I found diff version and technical change like some model is change or fields are removed ...
And need video of every version change based on functionality ....

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Ahmed J.
Chief Executive Officer
  • Reviewed on 05/08/2019

"odoo Review"

Pros: Ease of use. Constant updates. Easy Setup through Odoo Online

Cons: You cannot customise the invoice format easily.
You cannot work easily through inventory for service companies
No installation on the computer (only web-bases)
no customisation according to the type of business.

Alternatives Considered: Dynamics 365 and Zoho One

Reasons for Switching to Odoo: Simplicity

by Odoo on 20/08/2019

Thanks for the review Harf Promotions team! Excited to hear you've been finding Odoo to be easy to use and set up! We also read your feedback about other customizations; note that many of these actually are available (ask your account manager for insights and they can help you figure it out). Additionally our upcoming version this year will have huge upgrades for service companies that you might enjoy seeing, be sure to check out our annual release coming soon! :)

• Reviewed on 05/08/2019
Terry C.
Risk Analyst
Financial Services, 10,000+ Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/05/2019

"Effective product"

Pros: Its use helps us more efficiently analyze data, track sales, as well as customers. I like Odoo's ease of loading data through Excel and its high intuitiveness.

Cons: At the same time, Odoo cannot be corrected in a confirmed transaction if it has an error. Too slow response to technical inquiries and tickets sent to technical support. There are no custom functions for payroll.

by Odoo on 29/05/2019

We appreciate the review Terry! It appears you had a delay on a technical support ticket, and we apologize if this did not meet expectations. We are constantly expanding our customer care team to ensure we provide optimal support to our rapidly growing user-base and look forward to processing your requests even faster in the future!

• Reviewed on 26/05/2019
CIO
  • Reviewed on 29/07/2019

"Odoo, the best software Businnes aplications"

Comments: The Odoo tours in the United States should be done in Spanish, because most companies are from Latin America.
The prices in some areas are very high and does not allow competing with other similar systems.

Pros: The software is very versatile. It has many possibilities of configurations depending on the size and type of business. It is very easy to use.

Cons: There are missing specific accounting modules for several countries. In our case, modules for Costa Rica and Latin America for electronic invoicing and accounting reports.