15 years helping Singaporean businesses

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement Reviews

About Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement

Pardot's lead management features CRM integration, email marketing, lead nurturing, lead scoring, and ROI reporting.

Learn more about Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement

Pros:

Cons:

Pardot allows you to create multiple leads with the same email address. This is a compulsory feature and causes issues with duplicate and bad data.

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement ratings

3.8
3.9
4.0
3.8

7.5/10

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement has an overall rating of 4.1 out 5 stars based on 648 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement before?

Kate
Kate
Marketing & Account Management in US
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Pardot delivers on promises

Comments: Pardot has made it easy to understand how our marketing is working, know who is a hot lead versus a disengaged one, and to create content that is easy to share and delivers good ROI. It’s built in many safeguards to keep you from getting in trouble with spam rules and avoid sending emails multiple times.

Pros:

The software is great for staying in touch with prospects and clients. It makes it easy to set up emails, create content, measure and report on results, and build stronger relationships. It’s fun to use, once you understand how it works.

Cons:

There’s a long learning curve for adopting Pardot, and if I hadn’t had a consultant to hold my hand through the integration and kick off, I’d be struggling. I find Pardot and Salesforce training to be overly confusing and it’s really hard to find what you’re looking for. It’s a knowledge based system and continually adds more and more information, and it’s not always clear if the instructions apply to you or apply to a different level of service. Other than that I highly recommend it because of all the functionality and way it can dramatically improve your digital marketing.

Liam
Marketing Manager in UK
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 11–50 Employees

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement - Review

Comments: It is an essential tool that, although costly, is necessary to grow and scale.

Pros:

It allows us to gather, segment and target leads all in one place.

Cons:

Onboarding was lengthy and some staff found it difficult to grasp to begin with.

Vivien
Associate in Philippines
Airlines/Aviation, 201–500 Employees

Salesforce rate 10

5.0 2 weeks ago New

Comments: ITS SO PERFECT. VERY EASY TO USE, CONVENIENT, CAN EASILY UPDATE INFORMATION.

Pros:

It's quite different; it would be hard to fake extensive experience. You could learn how to send emails and make lists in a couple hours, but learning how to put it all together took me months. There's also no sandboxes to learn on and I personally could not have done it on just the Trailheads. Although the Trailheads might get you to the point of being able to talk about general functionality.

Cons:

EVERYTHING, SALESFORCE IS VERY CONVENIENT TO USE.

Robert
Robert
Client Relations Manager in US
Media Production, 11–50 Employees

It offers more than it can handle. Terrible support. Way too expensive.

Comments: We were able to update designs for emails and landing pages (with limited selection) but deliverability suffered greatly.

Pros:

There's some good features like email drip campaigns, landing pages and forms but they all have their drawbacks. The drip campaigns we found were never getting delivered and going to spam, no one ever opened the emails. The landing pages only provide 4 or 5 designs and only one of them is even possibly usable. You'll need to code your own. The forms are extremely complicated, I've been using for a few years and I still have no idea how to customize them to improve the designs. Basically just too complicated all around. I don't have any pros really, anything good I can find a con for. Don't get fooled into buying this software.

Cons:

We purchased Pardot on a three year contract expecting much more than we were given. We are a news publication that sends out daily alerts that our customers pay for and were told by their sales team this was the best email delivery software out there - obviously we know they all say that but this software isn't even close. Pardot purchased Exact Target and sends out of their email. Exact Target is one of the most filtered spam filters no so it's almost impossible to get emails sent through to any customers if they have even a shred of spam filtering set up. We have had to work with hundreds of subscribers to mark our emails as a safe sender through IP and Domain whitelisting and sometimes that doesn't even work. That and they fact that the reporting and features in many ways have no flexibility make this software very frustrating for us. In the beginning we were provided a chat function to contact support and found that there wasn't really much they could do for us other than redirect us to links that did not fix our problems - this would end up turning into a ticket that would rarely be resolved. After about a year they did away with the chat function altogether and told us if we want it back we need to pay an extra per month. This is already an EXTREMELY expensive software so for them to turn their back on us for another money grab was a spit in the face. We're done with them and looking forward to the contract expiring early next year.

Financial Services, 201–500 Employees

Only for big companies

Pros:

You can build everything you dream of in Salesforce Marketing Cloud. The Journey module is amazing and Automation Studio is very powerful. Rest assure, you will be able to build any user story.

Cons:

Ver expensive. It's not just the tool, but the launch, implementation, and Salesforce partner (or an in-house team of 4-5 experts) to get the most of the tool. Not for new or small companies that can't afford a learning curve of 4-6 months to launch and keep the Salesforce partner or dedicated in-house team to implementation and maintenance.

Computer Software, 51–200 Employees

Good

Comments: My overall experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (Pardot) has been positive, as it has enabled us to efficiently manage and personalize our marketing efforts, resulting in improved customer engagement and lead generation.

Pros:

I really appreciated how Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement (Pardot) allowed me to easily create and automate personalized marketing campaigns that significantly improved our customer engagement and conversion rates.

Cons:

I found that the user interface of Salesforce Marketing Cloud (formerly known as Pardot) could be a bit complex and not as intuitive as I would have liked.

MD Masoom
MD Masoom
Sr. Executive Sales and Research in India
Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Marketing Automation platform

Comments: My overall experience with Pardot is great, being a sales guy I am using this tool daily to send marketing and sales emails to our customers and prospects and this tool never fails me.

Pros:

I love Pardot and if I need to tell you what I like most about it then I must say their customer support team, yes I like this most because their customer support team is very active and responsive, they available 24*7 to help the customers and this is the best thing that I like most about it.

Cons:

There is one thing that I would like to highlight that I like least about it and that is its high cost, yes Pardot is a little bit expensive compared to other marketing automation tool but on the other hand, I must say that it is worth to spend on it.

Muhammad Daud
Muhammad Daud
IT Manager in UK
Financial Services, 11–50 Employees

Boosting a business with Pardot

Comments: Overall, I found Pardot great support for our business and it is helping us grow the leads with great marketing tools. Its algorithms are unique in capturing leads and working strategically with different businesses.

Pros:

I found Pardot a great utility and Platform for Campaign Managment, Email Marketing, Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Marketing Automation and Sales Force Automation. It has helped our business grow strategically and Marketing just went so easy.

Cons:

Pardot is quite expensive and really advance to manage.

Lindsey Raye
Lindsey Raye
Email Marketing Specialist in US
Entertainment, 10,000+ Employees

SALESFORCE SALES CLOUD & MARKETING CLOUD

Pros:

The sales team could click in their CRM sales page to see the last email sent

Cons:

Validations - if you didn’t create custom objects for your form data it was a mess

Ipek Nil
Ipek Nil
Sales Marketing Specialist in Türkiye
Environmental Services, 11–50 Employees

Amazing Features

4.0 2 months ago New

Pros:

I really like the ability to have a granular data for each and every customer we have.

Cons:

I do not like the complexit of the interface which leads to different unintended sections.

Dede
Demand Generation Specialist in US
Computer Hardware, 51–200 Employees

Easy To Use, Great for Small Companies, Not as powerful as their competitors

Comments: Overall I've had a positive experience with Pardot and would recommend it to others. It has been a very powerful tool for us and has helped us grow our business, generate leads, move leads through the sales funnel in an automated way, etc. It's really been great for us and I love the challenge of designing and building automations. Just be aware that its not all unicorns and butterflies. Each initiative we executed on took longer than we expected to roll out.

Pros:

The software is pretty intuitive and easy to use. There is a huge community that's eager to collaborate and assist (local user groups, blogs, the Dreamforce conference, the connections conference, twitter, slack groups, linkedin groups, etc). We utilized the product for List Emails ( about 30 each month), Automated Nurture Campaigns, Segmentation, Email Preference Center, and so much more. It is very powerful and played a key role in our marketing efforts.

Cons:

The trade off to ease-of-use is lack of complexity. After working with the platform for 5 years, I have concluded that it is a great fit for smaller companies that want to use their features in a straightforward, uncomplicated way. We are a medium sized company with multiple target audiences, some that overlap, some that don't, territories with multiple languages and a vast and diverse product line. I am regularly (daily if not weekly) frustrated by the platform's limitations. The saving grace is that there is usually a work around. We are always able to figure out how to solve a problem, but each time it requires more steps, more time, then more "overhead" to manage in the future. While, Salesforce is regularly rolling out enhancements and features, the list of wants and needs created by users is long. There are features that seem completely basic and have been in demand by the users for years that have yet to be delivered. Things that are sometimes minor but quite surprising to learn aren't included. One of Pardot's biggest weaknesses is reporting. We do all our reporting in Sales Cloud dashboards or in Excel.

Andy
Digital Marketing Manager in US
Marketing & Advertising, 51–200 Employees

Powerful Marketing Automation Platform

Comments: As our admin and a daily user, I have found that the tool is relatively easy to learn basic and intermediate functionality. However, as you get more advanced, the ability to find "official" Salesforce resources becomes more difficult. Thankfully, the community of users has proven to be really valuable and knowledgeable even with various updates.
I think Pardot has been a really strong tool for us to advance our marketing automation and email marketing practices and really drive growth in our marketing efforts.

Pros:

The biggest Pro for our organization is the tie-in to Salesforce. Adding Pardot as our bolt-on marketing automation platform allows us to connect seamlessly to our Salesforce CRM and utilize most all of the data that we're already capturing there. Developing detailed email logic, engagement programs and drip campaigns has really improved our growth marketing practice.

Cons:

At times, the tool can be challenging to find the correct solution for what you're trying to accomplish. I've spent many hours in Salesforce's help section and the Pardot user community (as well as searching other areas of the web) to find answers to specific questions. That said, the questions that I've had, usually have been answered already by other users or I can collaborate with other users outside our org to find a solution.

Billy
CMO in US
Computer Software

Pardot Lets Us Punch Above Our Weight

Pros:

Pardot lets us punch above our weight as a small marketing team. It was there when we were a marketing team of 1 and is able to grow with us as we become a marketing team of 14. Specifically, Pardot's B2B focus and different channel integration makes it very easy for us to synchronize marketing campaigns and orchestrate content and engagement across channels. From email to landing pages to social media to forms that we can inject into our web properties, Pardot makes it extremely easy for us to scale quickly and look incredible! Finally, the fact that Pardot is natively integrated with Salesforce Sales Cloud means that I don't have to worry about clunky integrations, pages or 10-step reporting. The data is right there and ready to give us insight across sales and marketing. Our sales teams are using Pardot Engage from right inside Sales Cloud to run their own, marketing - enabled, micro campaigns. This fosters alignment between our teams and helps them achieve smarter and faster results.

Cons:

There is so much more that Pardot could be doing with reports given all the data that passes through the system. I'd really like to see more reports such as client engagement reports that combine account engagement scores with revenue data that Pardot pulls from Sales Cloud. I'd love to see enhanced social listening and sentiment integrated in Pardot and a more robust social queueing capability. But these are improvements that could be made rather than negatives about the existing product. We use the reports and social queueing extensively and these are ways it could be improved. Finally, help and support can be challenging to navigate. If you're someone who takes the initiative and can dig in, you'll be fine. If you want hand-holding through the process, you'll likely need external consulting.

Aadeeb
Aadeeb
Brand Manager in India
Food Production, 201–500 Employees

Powerful Marketing Automation Tool

Comments: Pardot allows us to run multiple campaigns, automate the workflows and streamline the lead nurturing process. We are able to set up workflows and use it multiple times for generating different leads. Customer mapping & analytics are in-depth that helps us to garner meaningful inferences on the choice & interests of the customers. Pardot's tracking system is superb in assessing the customers journey from visits to individual pages on our website, from visiting a particular page to generate conversions on landing pages. Pradot has simplified our marketing process and helped in the strategic growth of our business.

Pros:

Pardot Salesforce has simplified our entire process of marketing at HL Agro. The lead nurturing campaigns are helping us to drive engagement with our current & potential customers. Generating leads & setting up workflows is no more a task now. With Pardot, we are able to acquire meaningful data on the choice & interests of the customers. It offers in-depth analytics & facilitates our customer mapping process.

Cons:

Pardot pricing is a major limitation of the software. The subscription plans start at $ 1000 and is billed annually. The premium pricing of Pardot generally makes it unaffordable for the small scale businesses. We are used to A/B testing method for email campaigns, however Pardot does not let us use this feature with the standard plan. Pardot offer A/B testing feature only to the pro-subscribers.

Eric
Director of Global Marketing and Sales Operations in US
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51–200 Employees

Pardot - Ease of Use

Comments: Dissatisfied. I have worked with other systems as a sales person but as an administrator it could certainly use some enhancing and development to make it better. Unfortunately being under the umbrella of Salesforce will set that back for a while. They are just satisfied it works and you can ultimately get the job done. Unfortunately, not caring about their customers frustration level will get them one day.

Pros:

Ability to segment your prospects into silos that can help determine which direction will bring the best return on our investment of time. I also like the ability to add photos of our work. We offer a very visual product that clients need to see which will help with their buying decision. Finally, the ability to schedule email drops which allows me to not consume network speed since I can do it after business hours.

Cons:

Workflows are not well established. It took me a while to learn them because they do not flow logically. A training documentation does not outline any type of logical flow for some of the common ways people work. Secondly, support is lacking. I do think this is a Pardot issue directly but a Salesforce issue. Your best support person is Mr. Google since he knows everything and you do not have to fill out multiple screens hoping you get to the right person.

Anna
Anna
Marketing Automation Manager in US
Internet, 501–1,000 Employees

Great Quality Marketing Automation System for B2B Marketers

Comments: Pardot is by far my favorite Marketing Automation system I've used. They have great support articles, a large user community that you can utilize, and you can trust that the software will actually work.

Pros:

I love how easy it is to start automated workflows, send autoresponders based on contact engagement and do all around data tracking. The integration with Salesforce allows for easy data maintenance and gives a high quality hand off between marketing and sales. The engagement and information on all campaigns your leads and contacts are apart of can easily be viewed on the Salesforce records for quick access for Sales to see. Custom redirects are also one of the best features that Pardot has because you can utilize them on all SoMe platforms for prospect tracking and provide more quality on certain links on your website.

Cons:

The customer support team for Salesforce and Pardot is not great. It can take months for them to get back to you. Which, could highly impact your automations if you can't solve a problem. You're better off asking the Pardot community via Twitter or a Salesforce Community for any questions you have.

Nonprofit Organization Management, 11–50 Employees

Pardot for Non Profits

Pros:

As a small non profit, being able to have a tool with a lot of automation enables us to be a lot more efficient in terms of marketing campaigns, news letter management, and integrated forms with our CRM and analytics. Our productivity would not be as high as an organization without Pardot as a tool.

Cons:

The Salesforce - Pardot integration can be very finicky and requires a lot of maintenance to ensure it's working properly. For instance, we are having issues reading opportunities and have been back and forth with the customer support team to figure out to resolve the issue for 2 weeks now

Alex
Demand generation manager in Spain
Building Materials, 51–200 Employees

Powerful tool

Comments: I would say this is a very powerful tool because it's integrated with the CRM. One really useful tool is the Engagement Studio, you can create email flows and know their results.

Pros:

I like that the leads are syncronised automatically with salesforce including the source where the lead came from. When this leads is converted (he/she buys) we can know where it came from.

Cons:

The UX still needs to improve. The graphic design of the platform looks a little bit old but nothing too bad. After using it for a couple of months you get use to it and you can move fast in the platform.

Steven
Email Marketing Analyst
Computer Software, 11–50 Employees

Everything has a learning curve

Comments: Pardot's just great overall, every tool has a grace period of learning and individualizing the use - you can't always read a KB article and have things humming, you have to hit the dirt face first a few times, show some humility, not break the law and find your fit with how you use it most effectively.

Pros:

Once you understand the areas of Pardot and how affective they are throughout the areas of your marketing efforts and establish a synergy it's a great tool that's used frequently to solve and offload processes from other, potentially costly systems.

Cons:

My con is a con that anyone would have, it's a different UI, capabilities are different in some contexts, and it really just takes a matter of time to feel it out and get comfortable with. If time is that bad of a con, than we'd all have a bad wrap. I do with their integrations were a bit long but with most things going to Salesforce and Pardot having a bond with it, we can solve things through that channel.

Kristina
Marketing Director in US
Marketing & Advertising, 2–10 Employees

Great if You Also Have Salesforce and a Sales Team

Comments: Overall I really like Pardot because it syncs with Salesforce and allows us to automate tasks that help the sales team make timely follow ups specific to the actions a recipient takes. For example, if a recipient opens an email and downloads a specific guide we can automatically let the sales person know that person downloaded that specific guide and to follow up on it.

Pros:

Pardot is perfect for companies that use Salesforce and also have a multiple person sales team. It has advanced automation features, and allows you to send emails from sales reps and insert dynamic content to make that email from the rep seem personalized. Dyamic content can be anything from the typical first name, company name, to custom dynamic content that's unique to whatever your needs are. Because Pardot syncs with Salesforce it also allows you to assign sales members tasks based on behaviors the recipients of the emails are taking which is great for strategic and timely sales follow up.

Cons:

The email editor could be better and easier to use. There isn't an undo button which is very frustrating. If you need to undo something you pretty much have to start over.

Weronika
Manager in Poland
Furniture, 201–500 Employees

Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement

Comments: My overall experience with Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement has been positive, as it provided a powerful and comprehensive solution for managing customer accounts and executing targeted marketing campaigns. Despite the initial learning curve and cost considerations, it significantly contributed to our marketing efforts and improved customer engagement.

Pros:

One aspect I liked most about Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement was its comprehensive set of tools and features for managing and engaging with customer accounts. The platform's ability to create personalized and targeted marketing campaigns, along with its robust analytics capabilities, allowed for effective customer segmentation and improved campaign performance.

Cons:

One drawback I experienced with Salesforce Marketing Cloud Account Engagement was the complexity of the platform, which required a significant learning curve to fully utilize its features and functionalities. Additionally, the cost associated with using the platform could be a limiting factor for smaller businesses or organizations with limited marketing budgets.

Laine
Consultant in US
Information Technology & Services, 2–10 Employees

Great B2B Software with Integraitons!

Comments: Pardot is an excellent B2B software that integrates seamlessly with Salesforce. We use Pardot for countless client to send email blasts manually and automatically, send both one-one and list emails, and setup form handlers on websites that track immediately into Pardot and Salesforce. It is a valuable tool to have for marketing efforts, especially when using Salesforce!

Pros:

I love its integrations with Salesforce, the ability to access from the Salesforce interface, and the ease of use!

Cons:

I don't really have any cons at the moment.

Information Technology & Services, 501–1,000 Employees

Pardot integrated seamlessly with Salesforce!!

Pros:

Pardot and Salesforce work well together. It includes the ability to customize the look and feel of email, landing pages and sign up forms. Lead scoring is another powerful and helpful feature for huge sales insights.

Cons:

Improve the email editor. Exorbitantly priced- not suitable for the small businesses. There is a room to improve in terms of reporting.

Jhara
Jhara
Marketing Director in US
Information Technology & Services, 10,000+ Employees

The best marketing automation tool if you use Salesforce CRM

Comments: On the whole, my experience with Pardot has been a pleasant one, and I'd suggest it to others. A fantastic tool for us, it has helped us create new leads, move prospects through the sales funnel in an automated method, and so on and so forth It's been fantastic for us, and I enjoy the creative aspect of automating processes. Make sure you know that it's not all rainbows and butterflies. We overestimated how long each project would take to complete.

Pros:

The lead deck feature provides us with real-time information on the activities of our prospects. Customer service is excellent. It's simple to use, and it's quite customizable. As a Salesforce product, it's really easy to integrate with the CRM.

Cons:

Pardot does not have a very educational welcome to learn how to use the program and you have to see tutorials and training on other platforms to learn how to use it. Once you learn it is excellent Pardot

Chelsea
Head of Marketing in US
Information Technology & Services, 51–200 Employees

Great option for SMBs

Comments: Overall we have been satisfied with Pardot and it has met our needs for a high-growth B2B tech company. We did need an implementation partner when we first set the platform up.

Pros:

Parrot has all the necessary features and functionality to serve SMBs in a marketing automation capacity. The ease of use is simpler compared to some of the other highly complex and customizable options out there, plus the integration with Salesforce is seamless.

Cons:

We had issues with syncing to Salesforce previously but that has since been resolved. The features and interface have not changed much in the last 10 years so don’t expect a lot of new enhancements or improvements to come.