Heartland Retail Reviews

by Heartland Retail

• Overall

About Heartland Retail

Heartland Retail is more than just a POS! Learn about our enterprise-grade retail management features!

Learn more about Heartland Retail

Daniel K.
Retail
  • Reviewed on 23/12/2014

"Useful Tool"

Pros: It has a simple interface that makes transactions as easy as possible.

Cons: The cost is still not too minimal and could be better going forward.

• Reviewed on 23/12/2014
Priom R.
Website Designer
  • Reviewed on 22/02/2017

"Great to be on board"

Pros: -user friendliness
-user interference
-customer support
-reporting
-two way integration with BigCommerce promised to be coming soon

Cons: The only negative feedback I can give now is that Springboard does not have an employee time clock tracking.

• Reviewed on 22/02/2017
Natalie S.
    3.5 /5
  • Reviewed on 11/12/2014

"Springboard is a great point of sale and inventory management Software"

Pros: There are many ways to customize and organize the inventory according to our needs. The support team at Springboard is prompt, informative and courteous.

Cons: We have had issues with running credit cards, and sometimes the program will crash unexpectedly. Springboard has yet to offer a way to synch up the inventory management with our website, which they have been promising but have not yet delivered.

• Reviewed on 11/12/2014
John R.
Merchandise manager
  • Reviewed on 06/12/2016

"Springboard Retail software"

Comments: This software has been the easiest to learn and the report capabilities are amazing. You can sent them to review customer by vendor and size to a multitude of inventory and vendor reports. We have found the learning curve to quick and with adding touch screen monitors, easy.

Pros: Ease of use and reporting

• Reviewed on 06/12/2016
Katie F.
Field Operations Manager

"Love the Support!"

Comments: I am always very happy with the support and extra effort the support staff provides at Springboard Retail. I appreciate the time spent on explaining processes and the empathy that show being in retail.

Andree F.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry
  • Reviewed on 05/04/2016

"Go Springboard or Go Home!"

Pros: I love the product. It was so easy to get up and running --the SB team was really helpful. The best part about Springboard is the powerful reporting tool. I have access to mission critical data that allows me to make better business decisions. I have visibility into all aspects of my business from anywhere. It truly is a bottom lime booster!

Cons: Everything the product does, it does very well. I'm a wholesaler using a retail platform so I have some work arounds but it's worth it.

• Reviewed on 05/04/2016
Luanne P.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 16/01/2017

"Great Software for Retail Stores"

Comments: This is a great software for a retail store. It is wonderful if you have multiple locations. Love being able to check the status of the stores from anywhere.

Pros: Easy to use, love the reporting, love that it is cloud based.

Cons: Sometimes struggle to create reports but that is probably more operator error. Most other items that I did not like have been fixed over time.

• Reviewed on 16/01/2017
Mike W.
Sporting Goods, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2017

"9,000 SKU's and 30 days to make the change - DONE!"

Comments: We were terrified of changing POS systems in September right before the holidays. It just didn't seem conceivable to me that I could make the switch to making sales within our 30 day window. I was convinced we would make it after week two of the transition. I was truly stunned at how easy it went - I am a realist and just knew we'd come up against something that would stand in our way. It didn't and we nailed the date easy.

Pros: VERY flexible platform allows a decent level of customization to make sure you can parse your data the way YOU need to - not how someone somewhere THINKS you need to. Rock solid and reliable importing/exporting. This POS does what a POS system should do - make you more efficient. We're still only a couple weeks in but we feel like we know it pretty well and I have confidence we made a good choice for our retail business.

Cons: I would like US based phone support but they actually manage the chat support surprisingly well. We've not been left hanging yet and we've not stumped them, so I am not feeling to bad about it - as long as they keep up as the demand increases, which I am sure it will.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2017
Katie S.
  • Reviewed on 30/07/2015

"Incredible System"

Pros: We moved over from RICS because it was an older slower moving system. Springboard's reporting function is dynamic - it works as fast as my brain works. In the past, I would run a report on performance and invariably another question would come up while I was reviewing that report - In RICS I would have to go back and rerun another report (5 mins) - with Springboard I can slice the data any way I want in a matter of seconds. I also have been consistently impressed by the support team - any time I have a question, the team is available to answer my questions - and always with a friendly and helpful attitude. ALWAYS. I know their names, they know who I am, it just feels really comforting to know I have a support team who seems to care about my business as much as I do. If they don't have the answer I am looking for, they are always quick to provide a suggestion for a workaround AND add my need to a list of projects they have going forward. I have seen almost every single one of my suggestions turn into a feature on Springboard. I also really like that I can open up another register (Station) as my business dictates - I am not locked into paying for features that I only use seasonally.

Cons: There are not many bad things I can say about Springboard. Every complaint I have has been addressed - occasionally I will request a feature or a metric (Inventory Turn!) that is not available now - and for the most part I have seen them implemented. There are several features concerning Open to Buy that I would like to see going forward. Also, Springboard only integrates with one Credit Card Processor, and although they were able to give me a very low rate, it's not great to be locked into one option. Also there have been a few outages in service (very few but still a scary situation)

• Reviewed on 30/07/2015
Aidan L.
  • Reviewed on 19/12/2019

"NOT user friendly, seems like they could use a few more years to test this product to make it work"

Comments: Mislead and disappointed.

Pros: there is nothing i like about your system

Cons: receiving products, ringing products, customer credits, pretty much every aspect of this system is poor.

• Reviewed on 19/12/2019
Joy M.
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2015

"Outstanding Reporting"

Pros: This software has excellent reporting and fantastic support. I wish I had found it when I first opened my shop. Outstanding in every way!

Cons: We've been waiting for Springboard to dovetail with Shopify for our online business, and it soon will. The waiting has been difficult, yet Springboard's personnel have been very supportive in the meantime.

• Reviewed on 17/02/2015
Amanda G.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2014

"Springboard Review"

Pros: The functionality is by far the best attribute of Springboard. It's extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. The system is always fast and rarely every lags.

Cons: There really isn't much to negative to say about Springboard, but the only downside is that, being that it is web-based program, if our internet goes down our company cannot do business.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2014
Ciara S.
COO
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2015

"Springboard Great POS Solution"

Pros: Communication is seamless. From the time I contacted them until the time we went live, the Springboard team communicated efficiently and timely. Any project can be accomplished if there is a efficient process and Springboard has this covered! We will be implementing this program across all of our retail locations.

Cons: There isn't anything we have fond so far. I think eventually the PC desktop version should look a little more like it was made for desktop VS. made for an iPad , but overall we are so satisfied.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2015
Phil P.
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2016

"Very user friendly and the support is awesome"

Pros: This system is very user friendly, you can just about customize it anyway you need. The level of service provided is top notch!

Cons: They need to work on the merchandising capabilities specifically creating mailing labels

• Reviewed on 13/07/2016
Rebecca R.
Director of Buying
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2016

"Excellent Product and Customer Service"

Comments: Springboard Retail is easy to use and the flexibility is refreshing. The fact that I can quickly report on almost anything I want to about sales, products and customers ensures that I am able to do my job more efficiently and make the best decisions for our stores. I did not realize how necessary it is to see exactly what is happening across all our stores in real time until using Springboard Retail. Now, I would never use a system without that capability.

by Springboard Retail on 04/04/2016

Thanks Rebecca, we're glad you utilize our reporting to understand buying patters and to be more efficient!

• Reviewed on 04/04/2016
Deavon M.
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2016

"Retail POS systems"

Comments: I am a hard one to please when it comes to systems. I have worked with some of the best retail companies and was used to a high performing POS system. I would highly recommend Springboard Retail to other retail stores. The support is awesome! The reporting is great if you are used to being able to dig into different metrics.

Pros: The support team listens to feedback and responses quickly. The ease of the system when working in it is awesome!

Cons: The only cons I have had ended up being fixed and a function of the system now.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2016
Kim C.
Inventory Manager
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2017

"I have had a great experience with Springboard Retail."

Pros: Several things that I like about the software, are ease of use, cloud based, customer service is knowledgable and helpful.

Cons: I don't like that adjustments can only be added one item at a time, transfers cannot be "recalled" once completed.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2017
Kevin F.
Operations Director

"XCVI Review"

Comments: Springboard has been a good POS system so far. It is the best that we have had in our XCVI stores. We are also pleased with how fast the technical support responds to any of our team members. Its also a good feeling when they actually remember you by name! Keep up the good hard work!

Pros: Easy to use and Easy to navigate

Emily E.
Director of Operations
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2016

"Big Fan of Springboard Retail"

Pros: This easy to use system helps our seasonal business and team focus on driving sales. It's VERY easy to use - all of our employees are taught how to ring a customer up on day one. As Director of Stores, I'm constantly looking at sales from my smartphone and diving into the VERY STRONG custom reporting tool when at a computer.

Cons: Hmm.. I struggle with the bluetooth scanners connecting to our store iPads - however this is not a Springboard Retail issue. This is a problem with the hardware & hardware technology.

• Reviewed on 01/04/2016
Kelly R.
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2017

"Fantastic"

Pros: Great inventory tracking and reports, nice smooth checkout process, convenient daily dashboard, constant improvements

Cons: Small but major glitches exist when using with an iPad that are continuously ignored as has been my last 4 requests for help with them. Very few of the customer support technicians know what they are doing

• Reviewed on 04/12/2017
Clay S.
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2017

"Advanced Reporting and Ecommerce Integration"

Comments: Springboard has aided our business in a number of ways. The fact that its a cloud based software has greatly improved our productivity, as team members can enter PO's and perform other tasks away from our physical store location. The Reporting options Springboard offers has greatly improved visibility into our business operations. For instance, we've been able to identify under performing vendors and cut them out of our purchasing plans. Finally, Springboard's integration with Shopify has allowed us to launch and grow an ecommerce business and sync our online and physical store inventories.

Pros: Reporting and cloud based connectivity

Cons: Customer service agents sometimes struggle to understand problems of a more technical nature

Alex N.
Arts & Crafts
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2015

"Simple to use, surprisingly sophisticated, and scalable"

Pros: I like their entire team. Support is outstanding. They listen and respond. The product is incredibly flexible, allowing for custom fields on a slew of records (items, customers, purchase orders, etc). Reports are outstanding. They are fast and highly configurable. The system has a background in apparel, but it can easily be adapted to other industries. We are in crafts and had no trouble with it.

Cons: We have also had a few (very few) issues with credit card processing, but those issues have been due to problems with the processor, not Springboard itself. This is a problem that is not unique to Springboard. Always have some kind of a back-up system in place for internet and credit card processing! Also, just know going into it that Springboard is not a hardware or network provider. They have a recommended hardware stack, and if you stick to it, they can generally assist in troubleshooting if necessary. I strongly recommend having a local resource for networking and hardware configuration. That's not to say Springboard doesn't know what they are doing, but some issues need to have boots on the ground.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2015
Lloyd B.
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Great Software. Beware of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]"

Comments: Spend days trying to reach competent support. All of those glowing reviews you may be reading were for the previous team.

Pros: Functional POS software that does what it needs to do with good reporting features

Cons: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] seems to have gotten rid of the folks that made Springboard exceptional. Support is terrible.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Neil S.
CEO / President
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2016

"The people make this great"

Comments: Folks,
I have been in the POS purchasing line of work now for 20 years, or so it seems. I originally had an MS-DOS based system that could not properly communicate to the head office, it also cost a fortune. Then I went with QB POS. It pretty good, but the customer service sucked and it had lots of limitations, and again communication problems. I tried of few of the first of the cloud based solutions, which were problemed with small companies who grew too fast and again terrible customer service. I was at my wits end after dealing with Amazon. Then one day while I was miserating about my situation on my daily search for a pos system that could deal with apparel in a decent way, I found Runit Realtime. I kind of liked it, even though it cost a fortune for .............. I told the sales manager that I wanted to go with it. He never called me back, or emailed. Oh well. I finally learned, if the customer service sucks, don't bother with the company. Then I found Springboard. The sales folks at Springboard answered all of my questions, and phone calls, and emails. It seemed to be too good to be true, but I was desperate. They hooked me up!!! I am pretty well versed with IT and I set it up with a couple of quick uploads. As time went along I came to know the support staff. Derek, the support bossman, has his act together. It is a small team and they all know who I am. I have made some suggestions to them, and they roll out the coding in a few weeks. These guys are on the ball. Right now, I am awaiting the roll out of pictures on my reporting. This is breakthrough technology for a small company, or any company to deliver this kind of reporting. It is amazing!!! My numbers are up last month 206% of previous year due to my ability to better manage my buys and reporting. I have asked them to look into doing multichannel. They seemed interested. As for now, they have an API with Shopify. I set up my site by myself. It looks great and is easy as pie. I think they have a free month. Anyways, I am not on their sales team, but I feel like I should be. Springboard is what it is named. It has springboarded me towards easier living and more money. I don't often write review, but for this program I do believe it will benefit those who read reviews and will definitely those who sign up. Good luck with your POS, ( we all know what POS stand for, usually Piece of Sh*t). With Derek and his team it is more like Program of Support!

• Reviewed on 16/04/2016
Ashley B.
Jewelry Production
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Springboard Retail works for Wholesale Companies, too"

Comments: We found Springboard Retail after searching for a program that can manage many elements of a wholesale business all in one program. We started using it Summer of 2014. We are now able to manage our inventory that is in our office and out with sales reps and on consignment. Although there is no "consignment" part to the program, there's a workaround within the system that is fine. Since everything is in the cloud, we have access to this information anywhere and anytime, even on a mobile phone with the app. It is especially helpful at tradeshows. The reporting functions are amazing and show us very valuable information about sales and products and locations of products that we never had before. Each inventory item allows you to add images and customize as you need. You can duplicate items easily and set up frequently ordered items as needed. It does take some practice to learn everything, especially since we use the program from a wholesale view but once you figure everything out, it is very quick to use and invaluable to our company now. The support service always gets back to us right away if we have a question or problem (which isn't very often). My only issue is with our Quickbooks integration. The integration pushes invoices or credits over to Quickbooks from Springboard as journal entries but then you have to re-enter the invoice/credit specifics into Quickbooks in order to actually have the info/details in Quickbooks. Then we run a Quickbooks report to make sure we haven't missed any invoices. It is a bit time consuming and there is room for error if you forget to enter in an invoice or mistype something. Springboard has said they are working on a better way to handle this but we haven't received any details yet. This one issue is small compared to the positives of the software. I would highly recommend it to any business that needs to manage inventory in one or many locations and is looking for a great reporting system.

Pros: Manage inventory, run reports, invoice and credits, manage consignments -- everything is all in one program.
It's mobile and in the cloud so we have access anywhere and anytime.
Support always responds in a timely manner.

Cons: Quickbooks integration not the best, but works with a little effort.