Heartland Retail Reviews

by Heartland Retail

• Overall
    4.5 /5
    4.4 /5

About Heartland Retail

Heartland Retail is more than just a POS! Learn about our enterprise-grade retail management features!

Learn more about Heartland Retail

Showing 25 reviews of 65

Eric M.
  • Reviewed on 03/11/2015

"Springboard Retail is modern POS software at it's very best."

Pros: The Springboard Retail team hails from a multi-store retail background so they know first-hand what POS software needs to do, how it should work and that it must to be simple and intuitive to use. That is exactly what they have created; no fluff, incredibly flexible and reliable software that is as close as one can get to a custom written solution, offered at a reasonable price. Unlike many other platforms that try to serve restaurants, grocery stores, and everything in between, Springboard simply focuses on doing one thing incredibly well - retail. The software provides quick access to key customer information that enables sales staff to offer exceptional and personalized customer service, and offers the most extensive reporting system I've seen in the various products I've used or researched.

Cons: I'm hard pressed to find fault with Springboard Retail as it quite capably addresses all of our retail apparel multi-store needs. That said, there are aspects that can and undoubtedly will be improved upon to make it applicable to a wider range of specialty businesses. For example, I don't think it specifically handles service/repair requests, but with a little creativity and assistance from their knowledgeable support team it likely can. Great software must walk a fine line between maintaining simplicity and offering a plethora of features which inevitably clutter screens and steepen the learning curve. Springboard is designed to be simple, and as long as they hold true to this commitment, they will undoubtedly become an industry leader. Thus far, this is one of those rare instances where I feel fortunate to be a somewhat early adopter.

• Reviewed on 03/11/2015
Seth G.
Luxury Goods & Jewelry, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 05/03/2018

"Great product, even better company"

Comments: I consider it a great decision on our part to go with Springboard Retail. While I am able to list some areas of opportunities for them, it is very reassuring to know that they constantly strive to improve their software based on client input. They actually really listen to feedback and many times act on it quickly if other clients can benefit from the change. This is refreshing. In my opinion, it would be challenging to find a better value or partnership on the market.

Pros: Ease of use - intuitive nature
Support team - always feel as if we are partners working together
Dynamic Reporting
Easy to customize certain fields to fit business needs
Real-time reporting and sales sales metrics
Mobility - using ipads within the stores, viewing results via smartphone
Integration - happy with the timeline, support, and ease
Training - very easy to train on this software, love the training mode
Knowledge base - this is such a big plus. The articles are current and easy to find quickly
Search capability - this is easily overlooked, but being able to put in part of an item's name, number or description and find what you need is huge! Same with customer information.

Cons: Within the current software, I would like to be able to use a fiscal calendar vs the Gregorian calendar.
Outside of software- although Springboard Retail is focusing on their core competencies, I do wish the following was available within the software and not through third parties:
Time clock feature
Loyalty/VIP Customer feature
Integrated payment - we use Clover and integrate

• Reviewed on 05/03/2018
Katie S.
Buyer
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2017

"Amazing Customer Service and Support"

Comments: The support team is available around the clock, any time I call in my request is greeted by a real person who immediately is able to help. They are very responsive and proactive about any bugs or issues in the software (which do happen from time to time) - they are always adding new features and updates. Overall, the software just makes SENSE to a lay person - it's clear that the person who designed it is in retail! There are always improvements to be made, and the support team is always happy to listen to my concerns. Overall, great people to work with.

Pros: User friendly, Great reporting

Cons: Exports to PDF are not the most clear, bugs in software happen occasionally

Xiorelis C.
Retail, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Good system for small retailers"

Comments: I am happy with the service provided, customer service responds very fast, the reporting part of the system is great and very friendly to use. I do wish you had more POS hardware available, cooler looking ipad size hardware, etc.

Pros: Reports
Easy to use
I can access from any computer anywhere I go
Great customer service

Cons: Hardware options are limited

Richard Q.
Retail, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/08/2019

"Easy to use"

Pros: Software is easy to use. Works well for our products

Cons: Needs better choices for printers vs having to take extra steps to print receipts

• Reviewed on 22/08/2019
Amel S.
Designer
Arts & Crafts, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/07/2018

"Manadge your store, clients and inventory in one app."

Comments: Good software, wish there was a less expensive version.

Pros: Springboard retail is a great point of sale software. You can have your inventory save in a cloud, your costumer preferences saved in the app, wich helps vendors to push sales and find the best matches for the buyer and improve revenue. It also generates multiple graphics and informations for better managing your stores, knowing every information about your products and how they're selling. Is a great tool to have.

Cons: It doesn't have a free version and the single store option is expensive. I believe that the multi store or franchise are more attractive.

• Reviewed on 11/07/2018
Matthew R.
Website Designer
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/04/2017

"Website Designer"

Comments: Two-way integration with E-commerce platform is really what sold us on Springboard.

Pros: I love that the system is so user-friendly! The reporting on this pos really helps the buyers anticipate what to buy for the next season. The best thing about this POS is the two-way integration with e-commerce platforms that easily pushes out the uploaded inventory from the POS directly to your E-commerce platform.

Cons: For us, the advanced migration process took a long time. Better communication and management needed on the migration team as well as the training team.

• Reviewed on 20/04/2017
Hailey M.
Team Lead
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2018

"User friendly and easy to navigate"

Pros: I love it. It's easy to learn, easy to navigate, and user-friendly even on the first try. Customer service is awesome and it's great for the price.

Cons: Sometimes it runs a little slow and has a couple of glitches but that depends on the day, so no real complaints.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2018
Lauren F.
  • Reviewed on 07/07/2014

"I use this daily for checking out customers at vestique."

Pros: Training is easy, and overall, it is very user-friendly compared to other products we have used.

Cons: I wish we could search directly from the Find tab instead of having to click on the Find button and then on Search. It would be easier if you could start searching automatically by typing what you are looking for into the search bar. When doubling up new customers, I wish it would ask if you want to add a duplicate or not.

• Reviewed on 07/07/2014
Jennifer J.
  • Reviewed on 18/01/2017

"Shopify is easy!"

Comments: We started this year with Shopify. It was a breeze to import vendors, stock and customer lists. The volunteers, most of whom work one shift a week or even once every two weeks, find it intuitive. Anytime I've needed help with a report, I've been able to find it in the help section or someone has e-mailed a solution the next day. We love it! Jennifer Jansen
Guest Services Manager
Locust Grove
Louisville, KY
www.locustgrove.org

• Reviewed on 18/01/2017
Nehal S.
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2016

"Only going to get better!"

Comments: Highly flexible, intuitive to use. They are always adding more features. Great support staff, some of the guys there really understand business and my needs and have been truly helpful in taking the sting out of switching to a new POS. Overall I am happy with the product and get more excited about it as they roll out new features.

Ashley B.
Jewelry Production
Fine Art, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 20/01/2017

"Springboard Retail works for Wholesale Companies, too"

Comments: We found Springboard Retail after searching for a program that can manage many elements of a wholesale business all in one program. We started using it Summer of 2014. We are now able to manage our inventory that is in our office and out with sales reps and on consignment. Although there is no "consignment" part to the program, there's a workaround within the system that is fine. Since everything is in the cloud, we have access to this information anywhere and anytime, even on a mobile phone with the app. It is especially helpful at tradeshows. The reporting functions are amazing and show us very valuable information about sales and products and locations of products that we never had before. Each inventory item allows you to add images and customize as you need. You can duplicate items easily and set up frequently ordered items as needed. It does take some practice to learn everything, especially since we use the program from a wholesale view but once you figure everything out, it is very quick to use and invaluable to our company now. The support service always gets back to us right away if we have a question or problem (which isn't very often). My only issue is with our Quickbooks integration. The integration pushes invoices or credits over to Quickbooks from Springboard as journal entries but then you have to re-enter the invoice/credit specifics into Quickbooks in order to actually have the info/details in Quickbooks. Then we run a Quickbooks report to make sure we haven't missed any invoices. It is a bit time consuming and there is room for error if you forget to enter in an invoice or mistype something. Springboard has said they are working on a better way to handle this but we haven't received any details yet. This one issue is small compared to the positives of the software. I would highly recommend it to any business that needs to manage inventory in one or many locations and is looking for a great reporting system.

Pros: Manage inventory, run reports, invoice and credits, manage consignments -- everything is all in one program.
It's mobile and in the cloud so we have access anywhere and anytime.
Support always responds in a timely manner.

Cons: Quickbooks integration not the best, but works with a little effort.

Neil S.
CEO / President
  • Reviewed on 16/04/2016

"The people make this great"

Comments: Folks,
I have been in the POS purchasing line of work now for 20 years, or so it seems. I originally had an MS-DOS based system that could not properly communicate to the head office, it also cost a fortune. Then I went with QB POS. It pretty good, but the customer service sucked and it had lots of limitations, and again communication problems. I tried of few of the first of the cloud based solutions, which were problemed with small companies who grew too fast and again terrible customer service. I was at my wits end after dealing with Amazon. Then one day while I was miserating about my situation on my daily search for a pos system that could deal with apparel in a decent way, I found Runit Realtime. I kind of liked it, even though it cost a fortune for .............. I told the sales manager that I wanted to go with it. He never called me back, or emailed. Oh well. I finally learned, if the customer service sucks, don't bother with the company. Then I found Springboard. The sales folks at Springboard answered all of my questions, and phone calls, and emails. It seemed to be too good to be true, but I was desperate. They hooked me up!!! I am pretty well versed with IT and I set it up with a couple of quick uploads. As time went along I came to know the support staff. Derek, the support bossman, has his act together. It is a small team and they all know who I am. I have made some suggestions to them, and they roll out the coding in a few weeks. These guys are on the ball. Right now, I am awaiting the roll out of pictures on my reporting. This is breakthrough technology for a small company, or any company to deliver this kind of reporting. It is amazing!!! My numbers are up last month 206% of previous year due to my ability to better manage my buys and reporting. I have asked them to look into doing multichannel. They seemed interested. As for now, they have an API with Shopify. I set up my site by myself. It looks great and is easy as pie. I think they have a free month. Anyways, I am not on their sales team, but I feel like I should be. Springboard is what it is named. It has springboarded me towards easier living and more money. I don't often write review, but for this program I do believe it will benefit those who read reviews and will definitely those who sign up. Good luck with your POS, ( we all know what POS stand for, usually Piece of Sh*t). With Derek and his team it is more like Program of Support!

• Reviewed on 16/04/2016
Lloyd B.
Apparel & Fashion, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/06/2020

"Great Software. Beware of the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]"

Comments: Spend days trying to reach competent support. All of those glowing reviews you may be reading were for the previous team.

Pros: Functional POS software that does what it needs to do with good reporting features

Cons: [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] seems to have gotten rid of the folks that made Springboard exceptional. Support is terrible.

• Reviewed on 17/06/2020
Alex N.
Arts & Crafts
  • Reviewed on 14/01/2015

"Simple to use, surprisingly sophisticated, and scalable"

Pros: I like their entire team. Support is outstanding. They listen and respond. The product is incredibly flexible, allowing for custom fields on a slew of records (items, customers, purchase orders, etc). Reports are outstanding. They are fast and highly configurable. The system has a background in apparel, but it can easily be adapted to other industries. We are in crafts and had no trouble with it.

Cons: We have also had a few (very few) issues with credit card processing, but those issues have been due to problems with the processor, not Springboard itself. This is a problem that is not unique to Springboard. Always have some kind of a back-up system in place for internet and credit card processing! Also, just know going into it that Springboard is not a hardware or network provider. They have a recommended hardware stack, and if you stick to it, they can generally assist in troubleshooting if necessary. I strongly recommend having a local resource for networking and hardware configuration. That's not to say Springboard doesn't know what they are doing, but some issues need to have boots on the ground.

• Reviewed on 14/01/2015
Clay S.
  • Reviewed on 13/01/2017

"Advanced Reporting and Ecommerce Integration"

Comments: Springboard has aided our business in a number of ways. The fact that its a cloud based software has greatly improved our productivity, as team members can enter PO's and perform other tasks away from our physical store location. The Reporting options Springboard offers has greatly improved visibility into our business operations. For instance, we've been able to identify under performing vendors and cut them out of our purchasing plans. Finally, Springboard's integration with Shopify has allowed us to launch and grow an ecommerce business and sync our online and physical store inventories.

Pros: Reporting and cloud based connectivity

Cons: Customer service agents sometimes struggle to understand problems of a more technical nature

Kelly R.
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2017

"Fantastic"

Pros: Great inventory tracking and reports, nice smooth checkout process, convenient daily dashboard, constant improvements

Cons: Small but major glitches exist when using with an iPad that are continuously ignored as has been my last 4 requests for help with them. Very few of the customer support technicians know what they are doing

• Reviewed on 04/12/2017
Emily E.
  • Reviewed on 01/04/2016

"Big Fan of Springboard Retail"

Pros: This easy to use system helps our seasonal business and team focus on driving sales. It's VERY easy to use - all of our employees are taught how to ring a customer up on day one. As Director of Stores, I'm constantly looking at sales from my smartphone and diving into the VERY STRONG custom reporting tool when at a computer.

Cons: Hmm.. I struggle with the bluetooth scanners connecting to our store iPads - however this is not a Springboard Retail issue. This is a problem with the hardware & hardware technology.

Kevin F.
Operations Director
Retail, 11-50 Employees

"XCVI Review"

Comments: Springboard has been a good POS system so far. It is the best that we have had in our XCVI stores. We are also pleased with how fast the technical support responds to any of our team members. Its also a good feeling when they actually remember you by name! Keep up the good hard work!

Pros: Easy to use and Easy to navigate

Kim C.
Inventory Manager
Retail, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/09/2017

"I have had a great experience with Springboard Retail."

Pros: Several things that I like about the software, are ease of use, cloud based, customer service is knowledgable and helpful.

Cons: I don't like that adjustments can only be added one item at a time, transfers cannot be "recalled" once completed.

• Reviewed on 12/09/2017
Deavon M.
  • Reviewed on 17/11/2016

"Retail POS systems"

Comments: I am a hard one to please when it comes to systems. I have worked with some of the best retail companies and was used to a high performing POS system. I would highly recommend Springboard Retail to other retail stores. The support is awesome! The reporting is great if you are used to being able to dig into different metrics.

Pros: The support team listens to feedback and responses quickly. The ease of the system when working in it is awesome!

Cons: The only cons I have had ended up being fixed and a function of the system now.

• Reviewed on 17/11/2016
Rebecca R.
Director of Buying
  • Reviewed on 04/04/2016

"Excellent Product and Customer Service"

Comments: Springboard Retail is easy to use and the flexibility is refreshing. The fact that I can quickly report on almost anything I want to about sales, products and customers ensures that I am able to do my job more efficiently and make the best decisions for our stores. I did not realize how necessary it is to see exactly what is happening across all our stores in real time until using Springboard Retail. Now, I would never use a system without that capability.

by Springboard Retail on 04/04/2016

Thanks Rebecca, we're glad you utilize our reporting to understand buying patters and to be more efficient!

• Reviewed on 04/04/2016
Phil P.
  • Reviewed on 13/07/2016

"Very user friendly and the support is awesome"

Pros: This system is very user friendly, you can just about customize it anyway you need. The level of service provided is top notch!

Cons: They need to work on the merchandising capabilities specifically creating mailing labels

• Reviewed on 13/07/2016
Ciara S.
COO
  • Reviewed on 27/05/2015

"Springboard Great POS Solution"

Pros: Communication is seamless. From the time I contacted them until the time we went live, the Springboard team communicated efficiently and timely. Any project can be accomplished if there is a efficient process and Springboard has this covered! We will be implementing this program across all of our retail locations.

Cons: There isn't anything we have fond so far. I think eventually the PC desktop version should look a little more like it was made for desktop VS. made for an iPad , but overall we are so satisfied.

• Reviewed on 27/05/2015
Amanda G.
  • Reviewed on 26/06/2014

"Springboard Review"

Pros: The functionality is by far the best attribute of Springboard. It's extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. The system is always fast and rarely every lags.

Cons: There really isn't much to negative to say about Springboard, but the only downside is that, being that it is web-based program, if our internet goes down our company cannot do business.

• Reviewed on 26/06/2014