• Overall
    4.6/5
    4.7/5

About Freshservice

Online ITSM Service Desk with Incident, Problem, Change, Release & Asset Management, in addition to powerful ticketing & automation

Learn more about Freshservice

Rich K.
Director of IT
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2018

"Simple to use and has all the features you actually need."

Comments: I really like Fresh Service (and before it, Fresh Desk). I keep trying to find a reason to switch to Zendesk because of the possibilities with their integrations but keep abandoning the trial. I would have to reproduce in Zendesk what I currently have in Freshservice in order to start experimenting with the possibilities. That's where the problems start. All the things I have in Freshservice are add-ons in Zendesk that cost extra and don't work the same way. If you have a fairly small team, we have 4 IT personnel for a 24/7 $400 million dollar company, this is your solution.

Pros: Layout is clean and easy to understand. Has fun 'gamify' system which lets my techs compete with with other for prizes with the system keep score. This is available on our subscription level. Also has SLA monitoring for those pesky KPI requirements. Can setup a catalog of services and items for end users to 'order' with a workflow approval process. Can integrate with chat and phone. Great all around alternative to Zendesk. Doesn't nickel and dime you to have basic features.

Cons: List of Integration possibilities are pretty small in comparison and hasn't really grown in the several years we have been using it.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2018
Mel W.
Operations Support Specialist
Real Estate, 501-1,000 Employees

"Implementation and Management"

Comments: I had used FreshService in the past at different places of employment and had enjoyed it. This was the first time I was tasked with picking a ticketing system for a company. The fact that you get a trial based on the level you want to pay for, can basically have it customized during the trial to see if it's the right fit, extremely helpful and responsive customer service, and its easy to use for all levels of tech comfortability were the big reasons we chose FreshService. Every time I check in with our team of Agents, everyone is extremely happy with the switch and, overall, I am looking forward to the positive changes this is bringing our teams.

Pros: There are several reasons I pushed to choose FreshService over other products. The value of the features I was getting with the ease of set up. Within the trial period, I had most of the set up done before I presented to my department head. The ease of switching from the previous (and archaic) system to FS for our end users was, overall, seamless. The ability to customize the product with minimal knowledge makes it easy to manage and make changes. After reviewing a dozen other ticketing systems, FreshService provided the ease of implementation and change that we were looking for.

Cons: I love Freddy and want to use it however it's limited features over the traditional portal are frustrating. I understand it's a new feature and it's in a state of constant improvement but I wanted to launch with it and was unable to because key features that we needed specifically for our company would not show up. The reports aren't quite what I thought they would be either and I will probably have to do some work with powershell to get the information I really need.

• Reviewed on 25/09/2020
Head of Application Services (System Administrator & Controlling Function)
Management Consulting, 201-500 Employees
  • Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2017

"No bang for the buck, an overpriced form submission tool that disappoints in reporting and integration"

Pros: Friendly user interface.
Copy screenshots directly into the form (although there's a bug for the last 3 months that screenshots are displayed double in edit mode.)
Plenty of fields to configure for more complex workflows.

Cons: Default categories and labels with awkward naming (synonymous use of "Tickets" and "Incidents" for "Issues", "Change" for "Change Request", "Problem" for "Bugs")
No possibility to convert issues to change requests. Agent needs to recreate the entire case in the back resulting in significant adminstrative overhead.
Reporting is practically inexistent.
REST API not covering many functions and object attributes. (You cannot substitute reporting externally.)
HTML editor limited and bugged. (CSS code in support articles not supported, Bootstrap not supported, code gets changed or reformatted upon saving articles)
No access to the file and image repository.
Frankly, with every new cosmetic change and "functionality no can do" message from the Team, I am growing more and more wary of this application. At this point, I am thinking of it as an overpriced form tool with practically no reporting, a gimped Knowledge Management base, and an asset list functionality that quickly drains your wallet.
I am spending significant time rewriting issues as change requests in order to subsequently manually attach them to the original issue ticket and explain to the user why I would want to close his ticket after all. Writing knowledge articles is best done in a separate HTML editor. The Text Editor lacks basic functionality, removes formatting and images in unpredictable ways with undoing, and stores images and files in a central repository you have no access to.
You might as well do that with a forms tool readily available on the internet.

• Source: GetApp
  • Reviewed on 13/06/2017
Braden J.
IT
Civil Engineering, 201-500 Employees

"Great IT software"

Comments: love the product, was very easy to set up and integrate into the company, very nice customization options to really make it your own, and anytime we have had an issue we usually get a response very fast from the team so we are never held back for too long on anything!

Pros: The ease of use is a huge plus to us and to all of the end users, it is very straight forward for everyone to use, well integrated into the company super easily and multiple ways to access via the website, mobile app or even just an email, makes our jobs much easier, and the hardware management is also a huge plus being able to track it all

Cons: They are working on it now but I wish it had a better tracking of what was installed in certain hardware, at the moment they do not show all of the components just most of the major ones, would be a nice thing to have it all

Adam P.
IT Ops
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/04/2020

"A great helpdesk solution"

Comments: Great benefit to the team, improved communication both internally and externally.

Pros: So sleek and simple to implement. Built in user-portal, reporting, workflows and constant updates make this the best helpdesk software we could find

Cons: A few setup niggles were quickly solved. Sometimes support can be slow, but rarely needed. Updates not always follwoed through

• Reviewed on 17/04/2020
Elvin T.
GSO IT Manager
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2020

"Freshservice review from RI"

Comments: It's been very useful and helpful to our organization.

Pros: Ease of use, price, integration options with other applications

Cons: I wish that Freshservice sent regular reminders of what live and recorded training that is offered for the reporting and inventory options.

Zac N.
Head of service delivery
Broadcast Media, 501-1,000 Employees

"Excellent service"

Comments: Very happy

Pros: Ease of use, customer support and nice layouts

Cons: Some things not configurable which makes us having to do workarounds

Frans G.
Release Manager
Banking, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"A Fresh service"

Comments: We have been using the software for over 6 months (since go-live) and the experience has been great. The team is helpful, supporting and gets the job done providing regular updates and is good at expectation management.
The tool set has enabled our service management platform to embrace 4IA and we are constantly innovating our services with new functionalities, making it easier for our users to interface with the systems. The built-in self-service first over incident logging has a direct reduction on our incidents and costs on managing them. The ease of workflow setups and automation allows us to implement new processes in hours.

Pros: Out of the box functionality with default configuration is quick and easy;
Support and development teams is very helpful and goes the extra mile;
Level of integration to different channels (mobile, chats bots, web, AI) work superb
Innovation of the product - it constantly change, either with new features or enhanced functionality
The team is always happy to listen to suggestions from their customers and to enhance the product

Cons: New features takes months to deliver if it cannot be configured
The available features between agents and requester is extremely cumbersome
CMDB and ITAM solutions require some work

Richard L.
IT Service Manager
Textiles, 501-1,000 Employees

"Feedback"

Comments: Positive - The entire team enjoy using it

Pros: I like the ease of use - It has been really easy to roll out to the userbase

Cons: Lack of customisation on forms and categories - I cant change labels etc

Steve W.
Service Delivery Manager

"Great Service 24/7"

Comments: Very pleased overall.
Great service, efficient, polite and professional.
More importantly, patient

Pros: Ease of logging an issue
Look is very easy on the eyes
Flexibility in using products such as Incidents/Problems/Admin/Solutions etc.
I can either log a ticket or speak on the chat - good turn around on wait times!

Cons: Lack of Flexibiity to link with other products such as JIRA for example.
Lack of Flexibility when using the support portals - basically its all or nothing

Aleksandr Z.
IT Service Desk Specialist III
Education Management, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 01/08/2019

"Freshservice Review from a daily user and admin"

Comments: My overall experience with Freshservice has been really good (despite the cons I listed). The interface from Agent point of view is easy to navigate, the ticket/problem/change management is clear. From an admin point of view, everything is well group under the admin section and even if you don't have experience with Freshservice you will find yourself picking everything up pretty quickly. The mobile app, while clunky, is still a good way to get notified about tickets coming in (especially urgent ones), and checking for replies and approvals. Bonus points for providing single sign on options (SSO). Customization is solid and allows you to integrate your company branding quite well. Good, and easy to create, manage, edit knowledge base system. Requesters have a very easy time creating a ticket in case of an incident. While it can feel frustrating to have to contact Freshservice support for some things, I can say that my overall experience has been very solid with their support and they have even taken and implement a number of our feature requests. I would most certainly recommend this product.

Pros: - Easy to use
- Good platform to manage incidents/problems/changes/releases as well as requests
- Good CMDB for managing company assets
- Pretty simple to perform administrative tasks
- Good customization
- Has mobile app that will notify you when someone performs an action on any of your items (Such as assignment of a ticket, replies, approvals, etc.)
- Had good experience from Freshservice support staff
- Has the ability to integrate into your domain account via Single Sing-On (SSO)
- Good solution for storing your IT Support based knowledge base

Cons: - Customization could be better in some areas
- Some changes require you to contact Freshservice support directly
- Digital asset management is a bit clunky
- Mobile app is not as intuitive as desktop experience and can feel difficult to navigate for some users
- Noticed that at times, usually in the morning hours of EST time zone, Freshservice access cuts out for 5 minutes

• Reviewed on 01/08/2019
Dave P.
Infrastructure Engineer
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018

"Feature packed ITSM which has room for improvement."

Comments: Moving from a shared mailbox it has been a lot easier to manage incoming incidents and track who is working on which ticket. Being an ITIL based ITSM we can now properly track system changes and gain approval across the business based on our business processes.

Pros: Simple to use - one of the main reasons we went with FreshService was that during a trial of many other systems FreshService was by far the easiest to setup and configure. This means more time doing other projects rather than administering the helpdesk system. Powerful Automations - my trial version had the new Smart Workflow addon which made creating complex workflows very easy and simple. There is still room for improvement and some fields cannot be used in automations e.g. Impact or Urgency. Self service catlog - its a nice to have and allows easy segregation of Service Requests compared to Incidents, the custom forms are nice although would be better to dynamic i.e. drop down of all requesters for example. Branding - nice branding options and easy to use giving full access to CSS / HTML although not as easy to manipulate as ZenDesk. Self Service Portal - We haven't rolled this out to end users yet but the portal is easy to use and with the branding options can be customised. The embedded widget is also useful and can be embedded into SharePoint.

Cons: Reporting - very limited compared to some systems although improvements are on the road map. Software Assets - confusing to use as you have to track each software item as an asset, cannot easily search on what is installed on computers across the database. Again improvements coming on the road map. Dashboard is useless - current implementation of the system gives a very basic overview of the system and an activity log. We don't use it as it doesn't provide any useful information. Certain Form Fields - you cannot change the default fields or even hide them without using JavaScript, this means I have had to create custom fields to tell my agents to ignore certain fields which isn't ideal. Also the categories list is shared among tickets, our change requests differ from our incidents. SLA breaches - compared to ZenDesk it isn't as easy to see when a ticket is due to breach SLA. Currently the ticket interface only shows Resolve Due date and not response due date, the response due just appears in the main ticket view when its close to expiry. Not ideal but workable.

Support Coordinator
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 27/02/2018

"Feature-rich and intuitive"

Comments: We are back "with the times" compared to our previous ticket system.

Pros: The FreshService interface is pleasant and pretty intuitive to work with. We had been using a different ticket system for more than a decade. Nonetheless, the switch to FreshService was relatively smooth for the whole team. I think the major reason is that the interface feels rather natural or comfortable to work with. The same kind of intuitiveness is also seen under the hood (Admin panel), which is where a lot of other systems fall short. Even though Fresh Service packs a ton of features under the hood, you are not battling against a maze of intertwined difficult-to-manage configurations. I personally don't need to do a lot of changes in the configuration (I'm rather the "backup" for those kind of things), but when I do, it doesn't take me too long to find out where I need to adapt what setting. I had to contact Fresh Service support a few times and so far always got a satisfactory reply in a decent reply time.

Cons: With all of the above said, it also lacks some features you could see as "basic" or "take for granted" here and there. Agents can't configure an "out-of-office" period themselves.
There's no possibility to set up a custom dashboard per agent.
My major pet peeve is the text editor, which options are very limited (can't send a reply with a paragraph in fixed with font, can't edit the source ...) and which sometimes behaves unexpectedly (some odd behaviour with linebreaks, weird cursor position when pasting text ...)
And finally, while there is integration with Jira, I have the feeling it tends to break quite easily. We've probably had it more half- or not-working-at-all than working as it should. This makes it unreliable, requires manual effort and follow-up and really undoes the usefulness of having integration at all.

• Reviewed on 27/02/2018
Jose Q.
Support Services Manager
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Freshservice is quite a solid ITSM solution in the Cloud, with no investment in IT infrastructure."

Comments: The rapid deployment! Being Cloud, we were ready to start almost from day zero. The learning curve is quite smooth, and it was fairly easy to perform basic to moderate customizations on the portal and forms. Also the automation options were quite easy to follow (we basically used templates of the predefined ones) and one key for more novice users is that Freshservice has tutorials all around the solutions.

Pros: It's literally "pay and use". Zero footprint in your current IT architecture, everything is habdled via any compatible web browser. And yet it includes advanced ITSM functionalities such as asset management and CMDB, in which you mdeploy Probes and Agents to Windows, Linux and Mac devices to scan and inventory hardware and software. And like every other Freshworks solution, it's very customizable interms of UI, automation and notifications, as well as integrations with third-party solutions and via API for developers.

Cons: Perhaps adding new modules. Freshservice deals with this by integrations and automations, but out of the included modules (Tickets, Problems, Changes, Releases, CMDB, Projects, Solutions and Reports) you can't, at the moment, add a new one, such as Facilities or HR for example. However, provided that the included modules cover most, if not all, or ITSM's basic needs, and that the mnost generic modules (such as Tickets) are easily adaptable and customizable, that's not much of a problem.

Joe M.
IT Manager
51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 15/09/2017

"Great Help Desk Software, Particularly For Time Pressed Admins"

Comments: The pricing for this product is very competitive which is great for the IT budget and value for dollar represent a good deal. I find the Support team is very helpful and responsive. This is not a complex product to set up but does take a little time to figure out how things work within Freshservice. I am very please overall.

Pros: SaaS based product so no on premises hardware or software. Setup is more than 10 minutes that some of the marketing indicates, but definitely not a complex setup. Once you understand the workflow things become fairly intuitive in setting up the software. The ability to process tickets from one screen, enabling you to reply, enter case notes and disposition the ticket from one screen is very good. Like anything there is a learning curve involved, but it becomes very straightforward to Administer. This is very important as I am handling issues, closing tickets and assisting end users so I do not have the time to spent an hour a day doing routine maintenance tasks. The technical support team is also very helpful.

Cons: Most of the issues have not been with things that do not work as much as do not conform to our individual work flows and processes. A few things that are challenges include that pasting into tickets using the portal does not work. Any screen shots or images depicting issues and end user is facing need to be added as attachments. By default you are given a long and not intuitive URL for your Portal. While you can create a custom URL it requires purchasing an SSL certificate or the connection is not secure. If a User submits a ticket via email and at a later time tries to create an account on the Portal it will advise them that the email is in use. To resolve this they just need to request a password reset, but it is not intuitive to the User, they think something is wrong.

• Reviewed on 15/09/2017
Bryan S.
IT Manager
501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/04/2018

"Great tool for tracking issues, managing assets, staying compliant"

Comments: It allowed us to determine the number of IT staff needed to support a growing company. It also allowed us to track changes for SOC II compliance.

Pros: FreshService is a simple to use system that has allowed us to manage IT issues, assets, and changes within a quickly growing company. Prior to the implementation of FreshService we were unable to appropriately identify our staffing needs or areas of concern due to the lack of ability to track issues across the entire organization. With FreshService implemented we're now able to put metrics to the volume of support our team provides to the company. We're tracking assets across multiple states. And we're tracking changes within our environment for SOC II compliance.

Cons: I wish there were some built-in features which made viewing issues by Location easier. Currently, it appears that Locations can be linked to Requesters which implies issues by Location. However, it would be ideal to be able to quickly see and change the Location the issue is occurring. This would lead to reporting mechanisms that would allow us to see which Locations have the highest number of issues.

• Reviewed on 11/04/2018
Shaun E.
IT Support
  • Reviewed on 06/04/2018

"Freshservice is a very simple web based portal with a great deal of functionality."

Comments: Freshservice is an easy way to manage and resolve issues by following the ITIL proces

Pros: Freshservice follows the ITIL process which means it is easier to structure in a way which works for our business. Tickets can be raised by internal users or customers outside of the business allowing for greatly improved communication. Tickets are easy to manage in terms of responses and audit trails. The service catalogue is a great feature, this allows us to capture all the necessary information first time every time. Outside of tickets and communication there are a vast amount of admin features, one we commonly use is dispatcher. This allows our business to create rules for tickets/service requests that hit the helpdesk. This in turn saves time and further increases productivity. The ability to create reports is a great way to identify where we can improve and provide a much improved service to our users.

Cons: While the admin features are vast, on occasions it can be difficult to locate what you need unless you know your way around. However, it's not impossible and with time does become easier.

• Reviewed on 06/04/2018
Tyler B.
ITS Service Coordinator
Information Technology & Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 22/03/2018

"A great, fully featured, ITSM solution that is easy to setup and highly customizable to your needs."

Comments: This software helps greatly with streamlining workflow and helping the team adopt ITIL standards. It is convenient and easy to use, and easy to learn for agents.

Pros: There's a lot of pros to FreshService. The automated routing (dispatcher) system is excellent and extremely configurable. You essentially are able to make if-then statements with a ton of different variables to route tickets to groups or agents, along with custom notifications. The ticket form, self-service portal, and service catalog are all very customizable and excellent resources as well.

Cons: The only thing that can be frustrating with FreshService is the tiered payment system that requires different payment amounts for different features. While Freshservice is affordable, it can be frustrating when you see a cool feature and want to try it out, only to find that your particular tier does not support it.

• Reviewed on 22/03/2018
Daniel W.
IT infrastructure & Product Manager
  • Reviewed on 19/03/2018

"The system is easy to use and has an inviting design that everyone can get used to."

Comments: Our company has very specific requirements and this software is able to fulfill all of them. We appreciate the continued development and clear control of the system. Management has better control over departmental processes.
The use of this software has shifted our customer service to a higher level.

Pros: The system is easy to use and has an inviting design that everyone can get used to.
Even after years of use, the system is constantly evolving and improving. Freshservice can always surprise us with new functionality.
The range of features can satisfy every big and small business. Depending on the needs, an appropriate cost plan can be selected.
We greatly appreciate various kinds of reports.

Cons: Technical support is sometimes really slow. Until recently, we were complaining about the searching, but it was improved in the last update.
The price for a complete set of features is quite high.

• Reviewed on 19/03/2018
Jeff S.
IT Service Operations Manager
  • Reviewed on 26/03/2018

"Service Management System that just works!"

Comments: Truly enables our team to work effectively and manage the work items from start to end no matter what is involved or how complicated the work items can sometimes be. We are able to reduce our metrics across the board due to the options available and the way the system works.

Pros: Follows ITIL practices, stable, UI, mobile app, lots of options from an administrator point of view. Service catalog works really well. Freshservice is constantly adding new functions and listening to user requests. The ability to link work items across entities such as incidents to problem, problem to change and feature requests to changes helps to tell a story of every work item and lets you get into the details when needed.

Cons: The user portal allows customization but it can be a challenge to work within the framework provided and has limits. License management is still a bit limited and challenging.

Radosław D.
Co-founder
  • Reviewed on 03/06/2018

"We've been using FreshService for over a year now and don't see a reason to change :)"

Comments: We switched from Autotask which was too costly for us. Freshservice allowed us to cut costs practically to zero and also introduced automatic asset tracking for some of our clients' equipment. Another great feature is the ability to use keyboard shortcuts that allows me to do my work faster.

Pros: It's quite easy to set up and start using. We really like the asset management feature - it's helpful to be able to assign tickets to devices so that later we can spot trends. Freshservice didn't have on time tracking feature that we wanted and their support team was very helpful in implementing a custom solution for us. The ability to have 3 agents for free is incredible for small shops that are just starting.

Cons: It currently lacks integration with one of our monitoring tools so we spend quite some time closing tickets that are no longer valid but that will be solved in the future. It's great they support multiple languages but would appreciate if they provided email notification templates in each of the languages they support.

• Reviewed on 03/06/2018
John B.
System Administrator
Real Estate, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2018

"Simple online based ticketing solution"

Comments: Cost effective online-based ticketing system with ease of setup.

Pros: Everything is hosted online and easily accessible via web browser or mobile app. FreshService provides a section for creating instruction guides and asset management. The platform is fairly easy to setup with our Microsoft Azure SSO environment. The support team is quick to respond and helpful.

Cons: There are only some minor interface annoyances. When initially loading tickets and attempting to scroll down, the screen keeps rolling back to the top. This keeps happening until the page fully loads and can take an extended period of time for lengthy tickets. Service Request items cannot be alphabetized (not sure why this is "by design"). The solutions guides have limited formatting so it takes extra time to create neat and proper formatting.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2018
Head of Service Operations
11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/03/2018

"Freshservice covers all our requirements for ITSM"

Comments: A better, more efficient support for our customers with an 360° view over all assets, contracts and sla's.

Pros: At first, we like the modern and intuitive User Interface. Then, all our requirements about an ITSM solution are fulfilled (processes, reporting, solutions db, assets, contracts and so on). Freshservice support our administrators in the daily business. The productivity tools like the Dispatch'r or Oberserver are awesome. The daily passes are cost effective for our consultants, who do not work with Fresh every day. In short: A modern and fresh ITSM tool with a lot of really nice feature, but not too complicated and "overloaded".

Cons: Our own fields (assets etc.) can not be selected for reporting. Overall, the reporting is too inflexible. It's possible to enhance ticket and other forms with own fields. Unfortunately with no relation to the standard fields or re-use. The support is sometimes really slow and you will wait for an answer.

• Reviewed on 29/03/2018
Dawie M.
Business Analyst
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/03/2019

"The best ticket system for SMEs on the market"

Comments: I have become a FreshService evangelist in a very short time. So, I recommend this service to everyone!

Pros: The most intuitive system I have ever had the pleasure of using. The system is remarkably customizable, and you do not need a system administrator or expert to configure the customizations. It is so intuitive that any person with minimal experience on the system can figure out how to configure it to your company's needs. We have a team of 8 support engineers and they all took to the system very enthusiastically. The user interface is superb, and the company has been in the market for so long that they have literally thought of everything. If you have a unique business case, like we did, it is most probable that they have already encountered it and have an out of the box solutions. My experience with their developers was phenomenal.

Cons: The system is slightly more expensive than its nearest competitor. Which makes selling it to managers a little more difficult. But, the expense is justified. With the competitors in its market, a dedicated onsite developer is required, and installment and deployment time is 3-4 times longer. While FreshService is so easy to use, that any user or administrator can configure or change any settings, functions, workflows or processes with absolutely minimal effort. And, if you do require more assistance, 24x7x365 support is readily available and the support cost included in the monthly fee.

• Reviewed on 28/03/2019
Chris S.
IT Support Staff
Warehousing, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/03/2018

"Willingness to provide updates and pass ticket along to proper support channels is appreciated."

Comments: Ability to track support requests and provide some statistics to support the need for improvement in our operations as well as support/development staff has been a big plus. While there is still work that can be done to make this system more beneficial to the organization, it did not take much effort to put it in place and utilize it for the initial needs we had of reporting and categorizing our support requests.

Pros: Ease of use and mobile app functionality is excellent. Updates seem to be implemented almost weekly so it is encouraging to see the product constantly evolving and responding to user's requests for improvement.

Cons: The ability to utilize different parameters within certain portions of the site is lacking. IE: if I wanted to restrict visibility of certain service catalog items to individuals within certain departments I cannot do so; it will only allow for restriction based on groups (locations). Also, reporting on custom text fields would be a huge plus rather than only the drop down selectable fields.