• Overall

About Freshservice

Online ITSM Service Desk with Incident, Problem, Change, Release & Asset Management, in addition to powerful ticketing & automation

Learn more about Freshservice

Product Rating

Product Rating

Countries available

Countries available

Usage

Sort by

Have you used Freshservice before?

Erick V.
Erick V.
Client Technologies Manager in US
Automotive, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Probably the best tool for Help Desk Management

5 6 months ago

Comments: This is probably the best I used for ticketing. The support is really good, the only bad thing is that you have to contact mostly via chat.

Pros:

The features it provides are really good. The ticketing flow is easy to follow, we can handle our Service Catalog, integrate with Active Directory, manage Asset Inventory and now we started using the Project management tool.

Cons:

The configuration (Initial Setup) is kind of complex. Design the flows is friendly, but complex if you have many rules, but the good thing is that support guides all the way during this process.

Tom L.
IT Support & Operations Manager in US
Education Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Freshservice Review

5 6 months ago

Comments: I've really enjoyed having Frehservice in our organization. It has made my job as a manager much easier in that I can easily review team performance, post announcements for the organization, and identify trends in issues or requests.

Pros:

Freshservice has been a game-changer for our organization. The service catalog and user-friendly interface has allowed our employees to improve their productivity over the past 2+ years we have had the system implemented. The customizable forms and workflow has allowed our IT department to streamline processes and improve efficiency.

Cons:

I wish the reporting capabilities were more customizable. There have been a few situations where I reached out to Frehservice for support on reports I needed but found the reports were not possible. The freshservice support team told me my reporting needs would be added to the list of potential "future enhancements'.

Alternatives Considered: Zendesk, ServiceNow Customer Service Management and ManageEngine ServiceDesk Plus

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice: Our previous product did not have a customizable system and did not provide our employees with a way to track their tickets once created. It also lacked any type of reporting capabilities.

Switched From: Cerb

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Cost and ease of customization

Matthew P.
Network Coordinator in US
Machinery, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Freshservice

5 6 months ago

Comments: Freshservice is by far the best help desk/ticketing system I've ever worked with. The speed and ease of use make Freshservice the best help desk platform I've ever worked with in my 15 years of IT experience.

Pros:

For our users its been a real nice tool for submitting help requests into our IT department. A variety of options and configurations allowed us to customize our Freshservice portal to provide our users with the best help desk experience possible.

Cons:

I wish I could add my own custom pages to the custom help desk portal. Love the ability to customize the current portal but it would be even better if I could add my own custom pages to the portal for instance ~ a secondary onboarding portal for a different HR team in our company.

Support Coordinator in Belgium
51-200 Employees

Feature-rich and intuitive

4 4 years ago

Comments: We are back "with the times" compared to our previous ticket system.

Pros:

The FreshService interface is pleasant and pretty intuitive to work with. We had been using a different ticket system for more than a decade. Nonetheless, the switch to FreshService was relatively smooth for the whole team. I think the major reason is that the interface feels rather natural or comfortable to work with. The same kind of intuitiveness is also seen under the hood (Admin panel), which is where a lot of other systems fall short. Even though Fresh Service packs a ton of features under the hood, you are not battling against a maze of intertwined difficult-to-manage configurations. I personally don't need to do a lot of changes in the configuration (I'm rather the "backup" for those kind of things), but when I do, it doesn't take me too long to find out where I need to adapt what setting. I had to contact Fresh Service support a few times and so far always got a satisfactory reply in a decent reply time.

Cons:

With all of the above said, it also lacks some features you could see as "basic" or "take for granted" here and there. Agents can't configure an "out-of-office" period themselves. There's no possibility to set up a custom dashboard per agent. My major pet peeve is the text editor, which options are very limited (can't send a reply with a paragraph in fixed with font, can't edit the source ...) and which sometimes behaves unexpectedly (some odd behaviour with linebreaks, weird cursor position when pasting text ...) And finally, while there is integration with Jira, I have the feeling it tends to break quite easily. We've probably had it more half- or not-working-at-all than working as it should. This makes it unreliable, requires manual effort and follow-up and really undoes the usefulness of having integration at all.

Rich K.
Rich K.
Director of IT in US
Wholesale, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Simple to use and has all the features you actually need.

5 3 years ago

Comments: I really like Fresh Service (and before it, Fresh Desk). I keep trying to find a reason to switch to Zendesk because of the possibilities with their integrations but keep abandoning the trial. I would have to reproduce in Zendesk what I currently have in Freshservice in order to start experimenting with the possibilities. That's where the problems start. All the things I have in Freshservice are add-ons in Zendesk that cost extra and don't work the same way. If you have a fairly small team, we have 4 IT personnel for a 24/7 $400 million dollar company, this is your solution.

Pros:

Layout is clean and easy to understand. Has fun 'gamify' system which lets my techs compete with with other for prizes with the system keep score. This is available on our subscription level. Also has SLA monitoring for those pesky KPI requirements. Can setup a catalog of services and items for end users to 'order' with a workflow approval process. Can integrate with chat and phone. Great all around alternative to Zendesk. Doesn't nickel and dime you to have basic features.

Cons:

List of Integration possibilities are pretty small in comparison and hasn't really grown in the several years we have been using it.

Jinlong Y.
IT Support Manager in Canada
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees

Ease of use and feature packed value

5 6 months ago

Comments: I enjoy using the service but sometimes Support struggle, especially during COVID times

Pros:

The ease of use and on going feature development

Cons:

The asset model is very limited and needs improvement

Alternatives Considered: Spiceworks and Zendesk

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: The cost at first lined up with the valve and it was quick and easy to deploy

Niki T.
Quality Management team in Mozambique

FreshService - Easy to use Help Desk tool

5 6 months ago

Comments: We are using FreshService to raise support tickets for our clients, follow up and resolve all issues presented on the tickets. We use FreshService to extract monthly reports and measure our support KPIs.

Pros:

I like that the product is easy to set up and customize. Once you do customization, set up SLA policies, set up your agents and clients you are ready to go.

Cons:

I don't like that agents have to manually extend the due by time. If ticket goes to pending, this time it spends on pending should be added to the due by time automatically

Mark W.
Program Director in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Great support and commitment to customer driven enhancements!

5 5 years ago

Comments: Our nonprofit managed services organization converted to FreshService on June 6th of last year (2016). The setup process was straightforward and not terribly resource intensive. The standard reporting is exceptional and they just recently added a custom report and scheduling capability. We made the change because our previous vendor was not investing in their solution. That is not the case with FreshService. The product is updated regularly and some of those have resulted from our requests. I would highly recommend this solution for any internal or managed services IT organization.

Pros:

The standard set of reports is exceptional as compared to our previous product and other products we have looked at. These reports provide quantitative measures of staff productivity, SLA compliance, ticket flow, and customer satisfaction.

Cons:

This is not really a con but it would be terrific if the product included a customer facing performance dashboard allowing the customer to view performance metrics at their leisure. This feature would drive a level of transparency valued by many internal and external clients.

Director of Information Technology in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 11-50 Employees

Simple Internal Support

5 2 years ago

Comments: Freshservice made keeping up with the requests in my workload possible. At the time of implementation I was the only member of our IT Department and after 1 year had closed about 300 tickets myself. After having brought in another person and as we're planning to grow our team even more we are on pace to handle 600+ this year. So many of those requests can and have gotten lost in email in the past, but no more!

Pros:

Freshservice is simple to use as an end user submitting tickets and as an agent managing / responding to them. The automation features to automatically close tickets or assign to agents based on category are instrumental in an efficient workflow.

Cons:

I feel bad even complaining about it because it's so simple to use but I feel as if the interface could use an update. It feels like it's a few years old but it allows you to get the job done and ultimately that is all that matters.

Michelle S.
IT Supervisor in US
Government Administration, 201-500 Employees

Affordable All-Inclusive IT Help Desk Solution

5 6 months ago

Pros:

Integration capabilities, asset management, alerting, purchase orders, analytics, mobile app, change tracking, release tracking, problem tracking, etc. This solution has so many useful tools available. No need to purchase 3rd party solutions to make it all-inclusive.

Cons:

Some bugs here and there. Limitations to self-brand your portal. Limitations to associate tickets to service requests. Gamification is severely lacking, wish FreshService could offer Kaizo gamification integration.

Alternatives Considered: Track-It! and Zendesk

Renan B.
Customer Support in Brazil

Freshservice improving support speed

5 5 months ago

Comments: In genneral, the tools is awesome, We have the ability to improve support and automate various issues,

Pros:

- The possibility to create a service catalog, for each type of service request that I have in my company, - The possibility to customize my support portal, and ticketing system, based on customers, companies, departments, I can set the tool in the way I want, - Asset tracking, I can track, and see each asset in my network, and in my entire company, inventory control, - UI friendly, a robust app store to integrate with a lot of systems,

Cons:

The contract management could be a little bit better, with the possibility to track the contract with reports, The communication with the support, international support is unrealistic about deadlines, ETA's

Elvin T.
GSO IT Manager in US
Nonprofit Organization Management, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Freshservice review from RI

5 last year

Comments: It's been very useful and helpful to our organization.

Pros:

Ease of use, price, integration options with other applications

Cons:

I wish that Freshservice sent regular reminders of what live and recorded training that is offered for the reporting and inventory options.

Veronica C.
Specialist Technician in Australia
Education Management, 51-200 Employees

Very simple easy to use for both an Admin user and for Requesters.

5 4 years ago

Comments: We always struggled getting teachers to log jobs with our old ticketing system, they always forgot their account details to log in. With Freshservice you are not required to create an account to put in a request, as long as the requester enters a valid email address they will receive emails with updates of the status of the ticket when ever you add notes or close the job. It was very easy to setup as well. We were able to modify the form for staff to fill out with their request and customise the portal with our school logo. You can also add your own FAQ and solutions page. Would definitely recommend for your organisation!

Pros:

Unlike other service desk software, users are not required to have an account to put in tickets, they only need to put in their email address and will receive updates on the ticket as you make notes.

Cons:

What I don't know like is if you have a guest admin replacing one of your regular admins you need to keep purchasing guest passes.

Emil H.
It Generalist in US
Pharmaceuticals, 501-1,000 Employees

Love using Freshservice!

4 6 months ago

Pros:

I love how easy it was to get started and a year later we are continuously customizing the HelpDesk to our needs. The Automators and options are very intuitive and I would recommend to anyone.

Cons:

Reporting could be a little easier to use

Devin M.
Devin M.
Senior Associate in US

Great ticket management platform

5 6 months ago

Comments: Overall, it's a handy tool and offers a solution for almost all of our needs. Customer service is super quick to respond as well.

Pros:

- Easy to use UI. - Offers a mobile app so you can answer tickets on the go. - Asset management integrates well into the ticket view so you can easily see which assets each user has.

Cons:

- While the mobile app is a great tool, the interface can be difficult to navigate and settings are limited. - Reports can be a pain to retrieve.

IT Manager in US
Financial Services, 201-500 Employees

Great ITSM Solution

5 2 years ago

Pros:

The number of features bundled in with the software. Works as a help desk, knowledge base, and ITSM solution all in one platform.

Cons:

Weird kinks. More than once I have had to great tickets for weird issues, such as an emoji in an email breaking the whole ability to receive emails to create a ticket.

Mike M.
Service Desk Manager in US
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees

FreshService, Fantastic and affordable ITSM platform

5 6 months ago

Comments: The benefits of having all these features under one pane of glass.

Pros:

Ticket management, KB, Contracts are my most used features, we like the new project management as well

Cons:

integration into our business was time consuming and arduous, I performed the migration by myself and it took months as I have other duties as well.

Alternatives Considered: ServiceNow

Reasons for Choosing Freshservice: expensive to maintain and not able to tie together

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Pricing and ease of setup :)

John C.
John C.
HR Analyst in US
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Has allowed easy tracking of issues in a unified platform

5 4 years ago

Comments: Improved Tracking through reports. Customization of issue topics

Pros:

Reporting that shows the types of issues that are coming from our users and what departments/regions the issues are coming from. This allows us to be proactive and develop training and guides to assist users before issues crop up again.

Cons:

I've not been able to find a way to attach files/forms to our scenario automations. For example, if a user needs to update their direct deposit, a scenario with the new form they need to fill out already attached with instructions on how to submit it would increase productivity further.

Maharshi J.
Validation Analyst in US
Pharmaceuticals, 10,000+ Employees

Service Catalog Items restriction

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Hi this has lots of features in both Mobile App and on Wen Portal for users an agents.

Cons:

The Service catalog items are missing two things. 1. multi select option 2. Adding instructions note to for the user to fill up the form . You can not put an instruction in the middle of the form. Previously there used to be option of asking their developer team to do this for you on back-end but now they have stopped providing this service. It would be nice to have this option available again.

Priyanka S.
Customer Success Expert in India
Broadcast Media, 2-10 Employees

For me its good as I can track my team daily update through a portal

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Tracking of the daily task. Client downtime reports can be easily tracked. CR management is the best part of the fresh service where they have all option which we need to make before any changes.

Cons:

Pricing is a little high for a startup for having all features example project management. In startup, our main focus is managing day to day tasks and upcoming projects. For day to day operation its good but for the project management plan it's little costlier for us.

Francis P.
Cybersecurity Incident Response Manager in Colombia

Freshservice Review

5 6 months ago

Comments: Freshservices is a big help for me and my team to track incidents.

Pros:

It is easy to use the software, it helps me everyday tracking tickets.

Cons:

I can't measure some phases of tickets life cycle

Alternatives Considered: ServiceNow

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Because Freshservice has all that I need in low costs

Jeff B.
IT Manager in US
Industrial Automation, 51-200 Employees

Great Helpdesk Software for a budding IT Department

5 4 years ago

Comments: The software keeps us organized in our IT support rolls and helps us meet our objectives. The reporting is useful for reporting metrics to upper management.

Pros:

The application is easy to use and has always been available. We are using the free version so we do not have all of the features. The ticketing and reporting features work for our needs. The phone app is invaluable for traveling techs.

Cons:

None that I can think of. It has worked well for what we use it for. We are currently using the free version and will most likely purchase the full version it is working so well for us.

Missy I.
ICT - Support and Project Lead in Australia
Nonprofit Organization Management, 201-500 Employees

Freshservice is my key application to manage and track support and projects

4 4 years ago

Comments: Productivity, efficiency with real time and up to date reports

Pros:

I use Freshservice every day and for ticket management and reports for the ICT department. In addition, due to the flexibility the Facility Team is now using Freshservice this has increased moral with the team who know what needs to be done, where and by when.

Cons:

Too much to learn and master. In my role I continue to look at using Freshservice functionality from end to end. Currently I am entering ICT assets what a job !

Aarib M.
Network Engineer in Canada
Telecommunications, 51-200 Employees

Easy to implement and use. Caveat is data is stored outside of Canada.

4 6 months ago

Comments: The initial goal was to implement the Change Management features of Freshservice but after some use we found the ticketing system, reporting and knowledgebase tools to be great assets.

Pros:

Very clean UI that is easy to navigate and find what you are looking for. Good workflow implementations and close tie-in with ITIL.

Cons:

The deal breaker for us was that even though Freshservice was using Amazon AWS, they did not have the option to store data exclusively in a Canadian data centre. As we are a Federally regulated Telecom we have certain information privacy concerns that restrict us from hosting data abroad.

Alternatives Considered: iTOP, ServiceNow and Jira

Reasons for Switching to Freshservice: Freshservice had the best balance of cost vs. performance along with a clean and easy to use UI/UX.

Erol S.
System Engineer in Netherlands

nice

5 4 years ago

Pros:

free till 3 users I can handle almost all needs you can think of, is always online , never had a offline situation, support is good, friendly and helpfully

Cons:

when wanting a 4th user you need to pay for 4 users not one extra , thats the reason we just use three users because we do not have the budget for monthly fee 4 users