• Overall
    4.6 /5
    4.6 /5
    4.5 /5

About TalentLMS

An award-winning LMS for those looking to build online courses for any purpose in a few easy clicks, even with zero experience.

Learn more about TalentLMS

Jackson T.
Partner
Law Practice, 11-50 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/07/2020

"User friendly entry to LMS"

Comments: We are looking to commercialise our existing F2F and webinar materials by developing online conent. TalentLMS was by far the best of the systems we trialled to deliver e-commerce training solutions. The features and set-up are intuitive and the customer support has been outstanding.

Pros: The product offers a range of features to easily commercialise your courses, create content on the platform or import Scorm or other file formats, and incredibly responsive customer support.

Cons: I have not come across any issues to date - the product was simple to set up and customise, and layout and features are intuitive.

by Epignosis on 16/10/2020

Jackson, thanks for leaving us a review. We're so happy to hear that you selected TalentLMS after your extensive research and that you're enjoying the range of features and ease of set-up! Our trusty support team is always on-hand should you need any assistance in the future!

• Reviewed on 28/07/2020
Osama A.
teacher

"TalentLMS review"

Comments: Really a great experience, before Talent I used many systems to manage educational content so I know the features of Talent very well, and it came to the point that I set up a training center in my country and I myself train teachers and students to use the wonderful Talent system and the result was amazing. Thank God, I succeeded in participating more. How many 30 teachers and more than 10 thousand students Yes, 10,000 students, and this is confirmed in my subscription to the service : [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] ([SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN])
Really I believe in Talent and I hope to be an official agent for it in my country, but in the Middle East, so does that lie?
My greetings

Pros: As a teacher, I find all the services that help me in communication and distance education with my students
No malfunctions
Fast
security
Organizer
Easy

Cons: The grading system should not be limited to the percentage. Rather, the grading system should be added to it as it happens in schools
Better live broadcasting service through the site and not through a third party, such as Zoom, for example

by Epignosis on 02/11/2020

Thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS! We're very pleased to hear that TalentLMS has been able to suit your Arabic language needs and enable you to create a successful learning environment!

Mark W.
Museum Planner
Architecture & Planning, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 07/02/2020

"Lacking Features as Advertised"

Comments: Very poor customer service, see above over six months or trying to work out issues with customer support, next step is Better Business Bureau.

Pros: The software is said to have many features at a low cost, this is clearly false advertising.

Cons: The software is advertised and marketed as a platform for selling online courses. For many issues users are required to enter CSS or Javascript for simple issues like a social media link. For over six months I have been trying to work with customer support, today I gave up. My next step is to report the company to the Better Business Bureau. As the [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN] wrote me: Hi Mark, Thank you for contacting me and for sharing your concerns.
I can understand your frustration.
It is true that our product development team has decided to focus more on Enterprise features, rather than e-Commerce related ones.
We offer some integrations with payment gateways and specific eCommerce features allowing our customers to sell their courses through their TalentLMS portal but it is not our main focus.
As far as your specific requirements are concerned, our support team offered you advice on how you could use our CSS / Javascript editors to achieve what you are looking for.
We have decided to offer these editors (CSS / Javascript) to give our customers more freedom. Using these editors you have more options, but CSS and Javascript knowledge is required.
We cannot provide customization services to our customers, according to our policy, but our software support engineers are always available to advise and guide you through.
Please let me know if you need any further clarification. [SENSITIVE CONTENT HIDDEN]
Pioneer in eLearning solutions
TalentLMS

by Epignosis on 21/02/2020

Dear Mark, we're sorry to hear that the follow up provided by our customer support team has not met your requirements. As mentioned in the email you shared, our team is on-hand should you wish to seek any further assistance. We wish you all the best in your future business endeavours.

• Reviewed on 07/02/2020
Designer - marketing
Graphic Design, 2-10 Employees

"TalentLMS"

Comments: Overall it is good. Content creation pages is basic and could use more elemental tools to make them more appealing (like Word formatting)

Pros: I is very easy to use and to create basic content, and the working area is large which I like more than other alternatives.
For beginners is quite easy to start creating content and courses.
Has the ability to integrate more advanced external html and external resources

Cons: Lacks features in the design area. Integration of questions, test and graphic material could be easier. Needs more organizational tools.
Needs more tips to integrate advanced html commands

by Epignosis on 18/11/2020

Thanks for your review and welcome to TalentLMS! Thanks for choosing us as your new LMS. We're glad to hear that you're finding TalentLMS easy to use and we've shared your feedback with our team. If you need any assistance when using TalentLMS, check out our extensive knowledge base or feel free to reach out to our support team. Thanks again for choosing TalentLMS!

Rachel G.
Instructional Designer
  • Reviewed on 24/09/2019

"Great product, great customer service"

Pros: Ease of use.
Customer service
Price
Help database

Cons: Our use case is unique and the use of branches is important at times. I do wish some of the admin functionality was available for branches like it is in the administrator side (such as mass uploads, etc).

by Epignosis on 04/10/2019

Glad to hear that you're enjoying your TalentLMS experience and that you're able to tailor the platform to your unique use case, Rachel! You may find some workarounds by setting yourself up as a Super Admin, if you need any help with this just reach out to our support team!

• Reviewed on 24/09/2019
Brandi T.
Education Visionary
  • Reviewed on 06/10/2019

"Exactly what we were looking for"

Comments: We have searched for a long time time (over 6 months) for an LMS that meets all of our needs as a brand new startup with limited funds but certain functionality requirements. TalentLMS so far has met all of those needs. We are very pleased!

Pros: Love the ease of use and that it is very user-friendly. Anyone with a little knowledge of LMS functionality can easily set up their school. Love that it integrates easily with Shopify and ZOOM - our two most critical features. The pricing is immensely better than any other LMS we looked at and we looked an MANY! We have been using TalentLMS for about 2 months now and so far everything has been seamless.

Cons: The only thing I've encountered that isn't great is the lack of live, chat support. But that hasn't been a major issue because the email support is great.

by Epignosis on 11/10/2019

Brandi, reviews like yours make us super-proud! We're so thrilled to hear that after what can be a very long and tedious search, that TalentLMS is meeting your needs and exceeding your expectations. Should you need any help along the way, our support team is always on-hand to guide you as needed (it's great to hear that our Support team gets a gold star from you, but if you should ever crave the immediacy of live chat down the track, this is available on our Premium plans). We promise to work hard and keep providing you the seamless experience you're enjoying!

• Reviewed on 06/10/2019
Manager-ES
Mechanical or Industrial Engineering, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 11/09/2020

"TalentLMS- for all your Business Needs"

Comments: Easier to Integrate
Plug and Play
Easier Onboarding of Employees

Pros: SCORM and API Complaince
Pricing based on the entreprise
Mobile-app for users
Zoom,Go to Webinar Integrations
Linkedin Integration for users.
Easier Grading
Better Gamification levels based on the user base and their learning progress.

Cons: Better UI,UI is simple for an LMS app
App is not a standarized one it lags while playing videos.

by Epignosis on 16/10/2020

We're glad to hear that TalentLMS has enabled you to onboard your employees with ease!

• Reviewed on 11/09/2020
eLearning Specialist
E-Learning, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Great option for scaling and control!"

Comments: Exceptional. I love the platform and how easy it is to use.

Pros: That it's easy to scale along with your business growth and that you have so much control over how the courses look and feel to the user.

Cons: It took some getting used to the dashboard functions and features. It can sometimes be difficult to navigate to certain features, like the timeline.

by Epignosis on 02/11/2020

It's great to hear that you're enjoying the TalentLMS experience!

Lucinda R.
Onboarding Coordinator
Recreational Facilities & Services, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 30/10/2020

"Excellent software for brining in employees from far and wide"

Comments: We have been able to implement the software and use it to have our staff complete their onboarding prior to arrival in resort. TalentLMS has given us an opportunity to really push going paperless, and streamline the tracking of employees through their onboarding journey.

Pros: Live tracking of staff through courses
Messaging feature - quicker and easier than emailing
analytics tool for data analysis
expiry dates and notifications

Cons: some tutorials are too simplistic and not enough information

by Epignosis on 18/11/2020

Sounds like introducing online training has already had huge benefits for you, Lucinda! We're glad that working with TalentLMS has allowed you to streamline your employee onboarding.

Solutions Strategist
Translation & Localization, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 04/11/2020

"Good startup option"

Comments: Overall, this has given us an easy platform for new employee training as well as Course training and purchasing options for freelancers.

Pros: Very easy to build, user-intuitive, and quick to deploy

Cons: Some options for training modules are limited, such as video embedding options and document embedding options.

by Epignosis on 19/11/2020

Thanks for your review!

• Reviewed on 04/11/2020
Siniša P.
Owner / CEO
  • Reviewed on 08/11/2020

"Versatile, feature-rich and simple to use"

Pros: It's very easy to start creating content and courses. Authoring is very easy and there is not much out there that you cannot use as a lesson unit content - Plain text, HTML text, PDF, Video, Images, Tests, SCORM, flash-object, external resources using iframe, and more. There's even a video conferencing feature.
Branches feature enables B2B agencies to use TalentLMS as a multi-tenant e-learning platform for their customers, a feature I was particularly looking for. It has a powerful, fine-grained User Permission system, with users assigned to Group and Branches to easily follow any organizational structure.
Another powerful feature is the automation engine allowing you to automate course assignment and user management.
HR managers can find also very useful, with course monitoring and powerful reporting tools. There's also a notification system that can alert users of the approaching re-certification due date, which can be handy when compliance is required.
Pricing is also something that I've considered and found it to be very fair.

Cons: Nothing particular except, and this is the case for almost all SAAS platforms, the API is not following the platform's update rate so there are some features missing in API payload that can frustrate you if you're planning to use API for integration or your front-end. For example, you can fetch ILT units but the payload does not contain the information about still available seats, just the capacity. Another example would be the feature that allows some lessons or units to be previewed before purchase, but if you fetch the lesson with API, there is no information on which units are free to preview. The units, in general, have quite limited information that you can display on your front-end using API.

• Reviewed on 08/11/2020
Angie D.
Registered Nurse Community Trainer/ Owner
Medical Practice, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 31/10/2020

"Excellent Customer Service"

Comments: Absolutely a pleasure! I only converted my business over so that I could remain operating in response to the health and safety concerns related to COVID 19. I was absolutely terrified by converting my business over and was not sure how this would work. It has been a business saver! I am not a technical person the support available has been the best.

Pros: The absolute best customer service- most answers can be found in the help search, however all questions I have had sent via email have either been answered the same day or at the very latest the next day.
Quick tracking of what training each "user"- my care providers have completed, documentation, and verification of each of their training, ensuring quality assurance.
Training- the ease of creating specific training for each of my careproviders- the ease in creating courses with the flexibility to easily switch from either uploaded video training/ to uploaded documents/ powerpoints- endless possibility to help in the creation of course training.
Branch/ group trainings- an excellent feature for a business like mine that supports numerous clients from different agencies this allows you to share course trainings specific to each agency (branch) and each department (groups)

Cons: I want to be able to have my care providers to repeat their course training annually. The only option available is to either reset their original progress (deletes it) or create all-new courses (clone). I wish there were a way to reassign the course annually.
Electronic signature option- there is no option to integrate/ add on- electronic signature to the test. For quality assurance and compliance, I would love that as add on to the tests.
Mobile App- is very limited in features, for both user and administrator, which defeats the whole purpose of the mobile ease. The inability to add any content, including a video with the mobile app, is a real bummer.
I wish the administrator had the ability to add in a mouse hover or hover infobox- the site is easy to use; however, there are areas this would be greatly beneficial for a new user.

by Epignosis on 19/11/2020

Angie, we're so pleased to hear that TalentLMS has enabled you to quickly and easily pivot to training your care providers remotely! Thanks for your feedback which we've shared with our team.

• Reviewed on 31/10/2020
Louise L.
Informatics Specialist
  • Reviewed on 09/10/2020

"Overall it is good."

Pros: I was looking for a LMS solution for our business. We are a product marketing consulting firm. I tried many other LMS, but eventually I chose the TalentLMS as our LMS solution. I'm going to talk about a few things I really like about it: 1. The notion of hierarchy/branches: It is really important for us, because we are have different clients/customers. They are different companies. With TalentLMS, we can set up branches for them if we want to. And for a client, within their organization, you can set up groups for them. 2. The price is reasonable compare to other companies offering same product. However, single-sign-on is only available for Basic Plan and up. I contacted the team asking about if it is possible to do "Starter Plan + SSO paid feature", they said that's not an option. But you can do "Starter Plan + SSL (if you white labeled and mapped your own domain)". It does not make sense for us right now to upgrade straight away to Basic Plan just because we want the SSO, because we don't have that many users. 3. It is good that you can setup to automatically deactivate a account after a certain time, for example, when their subscription of your course is up.

Cons: It is quite a lot of work to change the signing in/ signing up page, you have to make things from scratch with HTML, CSS and Javascript. It would be nice if there are some easier way or some out of box option for that. For Starter Plan and below, to contact support team, the only way is send them emails, there's no live chat options. It would be nice if they can do that. The price is reasonable compare to other companies offering same product. However, single-sign-on is only available for Basic Plan and up. I contacted the team asking about if it is possible to do "Starter Plan + SSO paid feature", they said that's not an option. But you can do "Starter Plan + SSL (if you white labeled and mapped your own domain)". It does not make sense for us right now to upgrade straight away to Basic Plan just because we want the SSO, because we don't have that many users.

Reviews and Responses_from June 2019
Reviews and Responses_from June 2019
100%

Thanks for your review, Louise. We agree, branches are a great way to set up unique and customized learning experiences for different clients or audiences, so we're super happy to hear you're making good use of that function of TalentLMS! Our support team is always on-hand to assist you with things like customizing your sign-in page and sharing our how-to guides if you need assistance with anything as you go!
Screen reader support enabled.

• Reviewed on 09/10/2020
Jim S.
Health, Wellness & Fitness, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Has been great experience"

Comments: I'm developing courses to be licensed to facilities for them to deliver to their own clients. The dedicated support has been invaluable for helping someone with no previous experience take on this rather large effort. They always have good solutions for when I run into hurdles as I've been beta-testing this with prospective customers.

Pros: I entered this world with no experience in online training, and started at ground zero in just researching different options then learning how to create courses. I have no idea how it compares to other options, but the bottom line is I've been able to create a platform that impresses people. The word that comes to mind frequently is that it's "robust." The under the hood capabilities seem to be really good as far as administrative stuff that I heaven't even scratched the surface of yet. As far as a few particular things I like: The test options include attractive features like drag and match, fill in the blank, and ordering. The user's interface is fun and attractive for tests. The other thing I really like about it is the support. For the plan I have, I have a dedicated support person who works with me as closely as I need in helping developing courses, etc. And on weekends/off hours I email support and they always respond within a few hours and are really good about helping me solve any issues.

Cons: Every once in a while I bump up against a feature it doesn't have, or the text editor can be a little funky to get used to. The other thing is being based in Europe, the hours of availability with my dedicated support person is a bit limited—7am meetings. But there hasn't been any question that the pros outweigh the cons.

by Epignosis on 04/11/2019

Jim, for a first-time LMS user, it sounds like you have mastered TalentLMS pretty quickly and you're already impressing your clients! Thanks for giving our quiz/test functions, user interface and admin functions an extra thumbs up. Our Support team is also super pleased with your feedback, they really do make it their business to give customers the best support possible, regardless of the time zone. As always, our Support team is there to help you if you face any future hurdles. Thanks for leaving us a review!

Scott D.
Executive Director
Professional Training & Coaching, 2-10 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"TalentLMS exceeded most of my expectations"

Comments: Overall I have been very satisfied with it, in fact, we upgraded earlier this year. I would like to see some more enhancements, but it has exceeded my hopes for it.

Pros: I love how easy it is to use on a variety of levels:
1) Setup was simple for basic functionality.
2) Day to day usage is simple for administrators and trainers. I love that you go between the different views including learner so you can see what the learner sees.
3) We have a more complicated setup in we use different branches to customize our user experience, this is incredibly easy to set up.

Cons: I had to do some workarounds to make the initial end-user experience work for them. The workaround is not bad it is just a little annoying. In addition, the system notifications are limited in their configuration, this has proven frustrating at times. The biggest frustration has been the lack of an integrated grade book along with limited testing options (that are not very customizable).

by Epignosis on 20/09/2019

Great to see that you're making the most of TalentLMS functions and features, Scott! Sounds like you've mastered the workarounds but in case you need anything else, our support team is always on-hand. We love hearing that TalentLMS has exceeded your expectations and we promise to keep working hard to make sure things stay that way!

Beth S.
Principle
  • Source: SoftwareAdvice
  • Reviewed on 17/09/2019

"Highly recommended LMS for small business"

Comments: Highly positive experience from set-up though daily user experience.

Pros: Price is very reasonable and customer service is outstanding. Our team was able to set-up and launch the platform in just a few weeks.

Cons: It lacks some customization features, but is very easy to set-up and can do nearly everything we need it to do.

by Epignosis on 20/09/2019

Glad to hear that setting up and working with TalentLMS has been nice and easy, Beth! Should you ever have any feedback on ways we can improve, our support team would love to hear from you. Thanks for taking the time to share your feedback!

• Source: SoftwareAdvice
Michael s. J.
Managing Partner
  • Reviewed on 06/07/2018

"My experience using TalentLMS has been wonderful. It's simple to use, yet also very sophisticated!"

Comments: We host video learning content on TalentLMS and it works great for this purpose.

Pros: The design of this software is well thought out. Although TalentLMS has many sophisticated features (everything one could possibly need and more), it's designed in such a way to minimize user complexity. As an admin and instructor, I'm able to get things done quickly without much time and effort (with limited technical knowledge). The visual look and feel of an LMS is important to me. Many LMS systems look "techy" and are NOT a pleasure to use. TalentLMS is clean and elegant and provides a great experience for admins, instructors and users. I think of TalentLMS as the Apple computer of LMS systems. Another big differentiator is that TalentLMS enables instructors to create courses quickly without a painful learning curve that kills productivity. Learning content is placed into buckets called learning objects. Any kind of content hosted anywhere can be used. Making changes to courses is a snap. Also, I found the white labeling and customization of TalentLMS to be surprisingly easy. Support documentation is thorough and well written. I was able to quickly customize our learning portal without doing any HTML coding whatsoever in about 30 minutes! No help from technical experts needed. Before deciding on TalentLMS, I reviewed dozens of LMS providers (a hair-pulling experience) and found most to be very expensive, complex, lack-luster on feature and visual appeal. I just don't have the patience or the time to deal with those handicaps! We are very glad to have discovered TalentLMS.

Cons: After about a year, I haven't encountered any problems using TalentLMS. Of course, there's always room for improvement on the way to perfection. There appears to be a little overlap in the learning objects - Content, Web content and videos are really just "content". However, this could be by design. Maybe there should be a universal content object that accommodates all content types. The only videos accepted for the "Video" object are YouTube. However, we use another video hosting platform to protect our content from download, among other reasons. However, this is not a real problem because we just embed our videos using the content learning object, which looks sort of like a WordPress content box. Just copy the embed code from the video provider and paste into the content box. That's it; works great. The only other thing I can think of is that the default HTML video player could use a few more control bar options such as view quality selection and a way to set download video or disallow download video. However, this is not a problem for us because we use embed video codes from our video hosting provider and therefore the provider's video player is used instead of the default HTML player. We control the features of this video player on the video hosting side.

by Epignosis on 25/10/2018

Michael, cheers! Thank you very much for the positive review and the comprehensive feedback. We're thrilled that you've found TalentLMS to be the most affordable, easy-to-use, feature-rich, and 'well thought out' solution out of every other you've tried. Your suggestions are equally appreciated, so please feel free to visit our knowledge base and add them to the ideas section. Thanks for the 5 stars!

• Reviewed on 06/07/2018
Internationalisation Architect
Computer Networking
  • Reviewed on 08/07/2018

"TalentLMS is exactly what we've been looking for, but wish we'd found it sooner!"

Comments: A simple and affordable solution to our ongoing LMS development challenges.

Pros: TalentLMS offers all of the features that we created in our own LMS, plus all of the features we planned to implement and lots more. The best parts are the simple setup and configuration, and the ability to quickly switch between different roles; no more individual accounts for a administrator, instructor, and learner. As an instructor, building courses is a doddle. Choosing content types and adding material is streamlined and methodical. There is plenty of content types to choose from, and I particularly like the ability to bundle instructor-led training into a course because this fits our certification model perfectly. Of course, any decent LMS will support SCORM and the xAPI, but TalentLMS goes one further and handles CMI5 packaging and credential handshaking, too. I'm also impressed with the highly configurable gamification settings, which can be tuned to our training market perfectly. Overall I am impressed with the presentation and usability of the platform. There is, of course, plenty of room for improvement and expansion, but for its affordable price we couldn't want for more in an LMS for our start-up.

Cons: I would like to see more control for language variations. Some of our courses will be provided in multiple languages and it would be great to partition course material by language. We currently use a custom course field to hold a BCP47 language code, but there is little more we can do at the moment to prevent a de-DE user from seeing (by default) content that is for fr-FR, zh-CN, or sl-SI, for example. I would be happy to consult on this request because internationalisation, localisation, and language is my profession. I have found the WordPress API to be lacking in features and customisation. It would be convenient, even in the simplest of terms, to list courses in horizontal tiles instead of a vertical list, which isn't pretty. Lastly, it would be great if TalentLMS could provide access to the catalogue for unregistered users (or people that have not signed in) for a selection of courses or lessons. We offer free courses or free lessons to help advertise the service and attract new instructors and learners, so it would be great if we could pick and choose free courses (or courses/lessons marked as "Taster" sessions) to be accessible by anyone without signing in.

by Epignosis on 25/10/2018

Hello, and thanks for the positive review and comprehensive feedback. We strive to make our LMS as flexible and feature-rich as possible while keeping it affordable and easy to use, so it's exciting to hear we've succeeded! Regarding some of your suggestions, TalentLMS lets you display courses in grid mode (on instructor and learner homepages, and on the course catalog), show an external catalog to non-registered users, and share courses for free through a public URL. Please, feel free to add any other suggestions to our knowledge base or contact our support team to work out a solution. Thanks again!

• Reviewed on 08/07/2018
Gediminas S.
  • Reviewed on 06/06/2018

"TALENTLMS is a combination of simplicity and genius. We found it great, had no doubts about using."

Pros: Simplicity and user friendly environment, possibility to add content in different formats, simple administration no special skills are needed to work with the software. When logged in, one can find a lot of methodological information on how to work and how to create training programs, which really facilitates the work. Although at the very beginning it seemed like we can create a training program quickly (in 2 months) ourselves, but the first program, which will be soon tested and presented on the Lithuanian market, took us half a year. It turned out that the methodological recommendations provided by Talent LMS are relevant and useful. We still did not try many things on the system (e.g. reports, massive user registration, gamification and other great tools), but we know that we will find the guidance on how to work with them in the recommendations.

From the technical side the management of the system is very simple, there is no need for any special IT knowledge what is huge advantage.

Cons: The majority of our clients read and write in Lithuanian. We have noticed that Talent LMS system language in web browsers is Lithuanian but in other devices, e.g. IPad and phones, it works in English only.

Hopefully it is just a temporary challenge until we have the Lithuanian language on all devices. Since this is our first online training program, we are still learning many things and it is hard to make key observations.

For example, we are currently thinking how to register 200 users at once into one training program if a client provides a list of student contacts. Not all of our clients will be able to register themselves on-line, therefore we will have to do this ourselves. Of course, we found an excel document on how to include students, but we haven`t tried it yet.

Also, before we start, another issue of concern is the protection of personal data in accordance with EU directives. We will have to prepare legal descriptions by ourselves and give them for students to sign so as not to violate the EU law. It would be very helpful if we could get help from Talent LMS for such legal issues. This help could include the prepared and validated descriptions that must be automatically signed by the student who joins the system.

We work with a variety of systems, such as ProsperWorks. It has a convenient integration with G-Suite. Maybe in the future something similar could be done with Talent LMS.

by Epignosis on 28/06/2018

Hi, Gediminas! We¿re grateful for your positive review and the comprehensive feedback.

TalentLMS is built to be simple, user-friendly and feature-rich. As you dig deeper we¿re sure you¿ll discover many ways our LMS can make your life easier.

As for the app, it¿s not yet translated in Lithuanian. We¿ll be adding more languages with upcoming releases, so stay tuned.

Thanks again for the thumbs-up!

• Reviewed on 06/06/2018
Mark B.
Training & Development Manager
Entertainment, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 28/11/2017

"Easy setup, intuitive design, basic yet satisfying UI & UX."

Comments: Collaboration with senior staff and trainers.
Buy-in from all levels of the team.
Compliance and understanding of our Standing Instructions.
Review and re-writing of procedures.
It goes on and on!

Pros: Let's start with the cost- easily the highest featured for the money LMS out there.
We went with Moodle and really tried to make it work for quite some time. We were on the verge of hiring a Moodle expert to help us take the project live, but instead took one last look at the market. TalentLMS hits the sweet spot between self-hosting a Moodle site for free and paying a lot of money for a high-end LMS.
We wanted an LMS that offered content creation built in, and not in a clunky fashion, but in an intuitive, well designed way. TalentLMS offers this. We also use Wix pages and embed them to produce the content we like.
We wanted to create Branches for each of our centres in order to track compliance and learning scores per centre. TalentLMS offers this.
We wanted easy gamification and a feeling that this is 'fun'. The feedback from our test group was amazing- they loved it and it just works.
We wanted to host it originally, but TalentLMS allows us to map the domains and use our own URLs while still allowing all updates and content to be handled remotely on their servers. Brilliant!
You can customise your LMS- we installed live web-chat functions to help our users. All colours and logos can be personalised. Great! In reality- how different is every LMS from each other? Talent works for us as its a fantastic price point and ticks all the boxes we need! It's cheap enough for you to try it (free at first!) and decide for yourself. We haven't regretted our decision once.

Cons: The only think I marked down was the Customer Support, but only because I would like something like a live webchat function for admins.
It's perhaps a bit unfair as they have a ticketing function that allows users to create tickets for issues and they respond to you really quickly (less than 30mins in my experience).
However, at the start of our implementation, I'd like to talk to somebody in real-time about issues and problems, so this is the only thing I would change. Using a system like Tawk.to (free!) would have been an idea for them.
We've actually installed Tawk.to on our version of TalentLMS and it's great for our users.

by Epignosis on 06/12/2017

Hi Mark,

We're thrilled to hear that TalentLMS is such a great fit for your training needs! Our support response time is a metric we are constantly improving and it's great to hear that you've been receiving responses so quickly!

Having said that, the quality of our responses is just as important. This is why we've chosen to go with a ticketing system since questions can be answered by the most suitable person on the team --something we wouldn't be able to do with a chat system.

However, we haven't ruled out the possibility to provide chat support, it is something that we will definitely consider in the future!

Thanks again for your feedback! It really helps us improve!

• Reviewed on 28/11/2017
Michael H.
E-learning Producer
  • Reviewed on 20/03/2017

"Talented approach to T & D"

Comments: From the moment I began to investigate TalentLMS I knew this was a fresh approach to an age old problem: How to motivate employees to compete with themselves. The platform is simple and powerful. Reliable and refreshing. It's my favorite and I've seen way too many learning platforms. It's built on an engine, but it has the flexibility a good instructional designer needs to customize the learning experience. Mobile friendly and robust. Great detailed and customizable reporting...and badges and progress infographics. I could go on, but I gush. I'm just a client, but I feel part of this great team. The best.

Pros: Great design.
Powerful LMS administration tools...easily accessible.
Intuitive for the learner, instructor and administrator.
Highly customizable, with branches that can be branded for teams, departments or even different products. Easy to replicate learning objects for different users.
Personalization for system and course communication.
Responsive support.
Great culture.

Cons: One of their strengths is a weakness. The platform is cloud-based so updates are easy and keep the platform working effectively with little or no administrative intervention. But some of the updates can affect third party integrations. When updates come through, administrators should be informed of potential incompatibilities and plan for the update. I am confident that updates will be done with advanced notice in the future. They are responsive to feedback too!
One more thing, I wish it could read my mind.

by Epignosis on 21/03/2017

Hi Michael, We really appreciate you taking the time to leave us a review and we are so glad that you are pleased with TalentLMS! Detailing the areas on which we can improve on really does help us to make TalentLMS better so we are thankful to hear that too. Many thanks :)

• Reviewed on 20/03/2017
Mavares P.
Docente Universitario
  • Reviewed on 24/07/2018

"Learning was never closer to the source"

Comments: Improve the virtual experience and learning

Pros: The main educational centers around the world investigate and invest in the development of "virtual" platforms which allow the concept of learning, as well as reach an increasing number of people and organizations. The modern corporations and industries have done the same, to be able to have a presence and reach their consumers quickly and safely. That is why, TalentLMS, allows the healthy management of learning, presenting its users to the big market for quality education, at moderate costs, depending on their needs and without losing the contact of the people who require it, and better, skipping the limitations of distance and time.
Another feature is the ease of use, very intuitive for management and very functional, thus creating a course, make presentations, use videos, documents, texts and other formats. But even more, with this platform, you can create tests, follow up detailed and statistical of your students.

Cons: The current platforms seek to improve and update the interfaces and relationships between them, enriching the experiences with the users, these platforms want to take them to another level, for which, they develop other ways to make the virtual experience, something very close, of this So, if you could elaborate an application that in real time, is able to clarify the doubts and guide the experience, even if it is for the people who start on the platform, then, it would be possible to accelerate the knowledge and mastery of all the advantages. Luckily, the support staff is attentive and tries to respond quickly to the doubts that users may have.

by Epignosis on 25/10/2018

Mavares, hi! We appreciate the thumbs up and the comprehensive feedback. It's true that TalentLMS is a versatile, scalable platform, built to cover the needs of both educational institutions and corporations of any type or size. Furthermore, creating an optimized learning experience that's even more direct and efficient is a constant goal for us. Again, thanks, and we promise to keep improving and innovating!

• Reviewed on 24/07/2018
Web Content Manager
Furniture, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 09/02/2018

"Simple but powerful LMS that offers a lot of value"

Comments: Before going to TalentLMS, our training process was all done using paper tests and big binders. Certification exams had to be individually graded by managers like a high school. This was about as time and resource inefficient a process as you can imagine. Now that we are putting our material on TalentLMS, we've been able to save time for the managers and make it easier to keep all of our staff up to date on current information and new practices. This has been a win-win all around for our organization. The managers have more time, are able to more effectively facilitate ongoing training and coaching, ensure the staff is properly trained, and monitor progress. The staff has access to more engaging ways of learning (like videos), can review it at any time, and can access additional materials that may not be "mandatory" for their own improvement.

Pros: We recently implemented TalentLMS and launched with support for our sales staff. It was extremely easy to get going and do small tests with. Because of the pricing structure, it's very easy and affordable to scale. The platform is user friendly for our staff, and because of the many import options, it's easy to get large amounts of existing training material imported very quickly. Course progress can be tracked along with user activity and lots of other items that can be reported on. Although we don't sell any courses, it does have ecommerce options. There are also options for portal security if you want to make it an internal-only platform. Because the course making and importing functionality is so simple, it is easy to give access to "instructors" even if they are not familiar with LMS software and enable them to create courses and tests. The portal can be customized to fit with your company branding as well. Other features are messaging, discussion boards, event calendars, conferences, and portal announcements. In summary, TalentLMS's pricing model makes it easy and affordable to bring your entire staff onto the platform, whether you have 50 employees or 5000, and its ease of use and importing options make getting your course catalog and user base online fast.

Cons: I suppose it would be nice to have more test options than multiple choice, matching, ordering, and free text, as well as more extensive UI customization, but what is there gets the job done.

by Epignosis on 12/02/2018

Hi there,

Thanks a lot for taking time to leave us a review! We're really glad that TalentLMS has helped you cover your training needs! Your feedback helps us become better, so please make sure to keep sharing it!

Many thanks again!

• Reviewed on 09/02/2018
John S.
Manager of Partner Training
Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 29/10/2019

"Unlimited Trial - No Pressure to Purchase!"

Comments: It is easy to use. The help content is pretty awesome and answers most of your questions. The online technical support is fast and responsive if you could not find your answer in the help content.

Pros: In looking for an LMS, I wanted to take a test drive before purchasing. Most LMS's give you a 30-day trial. TalentLMS has an unlimited free trial that allowed me to customize my site and develop content. As most of us know, we are working on multiple projects simultaneously and to be able to focus on one project for 30 days straight is impossible. TalenLMS provided me the time and space I needed to develop and implement at my pace.

Cons: How you have to create a multiple day, in-person, instructor-led training event.

by Epignosis on 04/11/2019

Thanks for leaving us a review, John! We're glad to hear that our forever free plan allowed you to take the time needed to completely assess TalentLMS before upgrading (we totally agree, 30 days isn't a whole lot when you have multiple projects running!). Our Support team would be happy to walk you through the fastest way to set up an ILT event, so feel free to drop them a line. Thanks again!

Nick S.
Product Marketing Specialist
  • Reviewed on 04/12/2017

"Excellent feature set for an exceptionally competitive price"

Pros: While we're still in the development stages of our implementation of TalentLMS (internal development use only), we have had an exceptional experience thus far. The LMS is very easy to use and become familiar with, and it has many of the features we were looking for, and even some we did not have on our radar but we were pleasantly surprised by. Many well-known alternatives have less functionality for significantly greater cost; we were cautious when first assessing TalentLMS due to it being such an outlier in these areas, but have been nothing but pleased thus far. When we asked for a reference, we heard similar positive remarks from another large implementation in terms of reliability and performance. We look forward to completing our development and fully taking advantage of our TalentLMS implementation.

Cons: While the few times we have reached out to support we have received prompt replies, it would be preferred to have a direct phone number to call for support for pressing issues. Furthermore, there have been some "quirks" in terms of the specific order of operations to completing certain tasks, though you get used to them relatively quickly (e.g. when adding a bulk number of courses, some settings are imported through one method, but other actions must be done through another method). These are not showstoppers, but they are something to get used to.

by Epignosis on 03/01/2018

Hi Nick,

Thank you for taking the time to review TalentLMS and thanks for the great feedback!

Regarding phone support, we've rather opted for a ticket based support system for many different reasons that we've elaborated here: https://www.talentlms.com/blog/offer-phone-support/.

Our average response time is 4.3 hours and this is a metric we constantly strive to improve, and when it comes to emergency matters, we manage those separately.

The platforms' UX is also an area we're continuously improving and we'll be following up with you to hear more on how you think these actions could be done even more efficiently.

Thanks again!