Salesforce Essentials Reviews

4.3 (159) Write a Review!

About Salesforce Essentials

Get started on the #1 CRM with Salesforce Essentials, the all-in-one sales and service solution, for just $25 per user per month.

Learn more about Salesforce Essentials

Pros:

There is a reason why this is the number 1 CRM solution in the world. It provides a unified view of your sales details and is mapped with the CRM for quick updates and reports.

Cons:

No customer website traffic integration. This ultimately caused our move to Intercom.

Salesforce Essentials ratings

3.9
4.0
4.1
3.8

7.2/10

Salesforce Essentials has an overall rating of 4.3 out 5 stars based on 159 user reviews on Capterra.

Have you used Salesforce Essentials before?

Alex
Alex
Managing Partner in US
Events Services

We love SalesforceIQ! Perfectly integrated and easy for my team to use.

Comments: So many. Ease of use, trackable for sales cycle, many more.

Pros:

This software is awesome. It takes the stress out of constantly updating your CRM by making it seamless and integrated with our email. It captures a lot automatically, giving my team more time to close deals. We love the customizable pipeline features as well. Great software overall.

Cons:

I have hard time thinking of cons for this software. It was so easy for my team to implement. It is expensive I guess, that'd be the only con.

Kaitlyn
Partner and Sales Manager in US
Apparel & Fashion, 2-10 Employees

Just right for small business

Comments: Being a small business we need a CRM that won't break the bank. We need to keep every customer we have, so the customer experience is paramount. We need to get as much information out of every sale and customer interaction as we can, and we need to accelerate sales. Salesforce essentials has done all of this for us.
There are things that I would improve.

Pros:

Salesforce Essentials is more affordable than standard Salesforce and still has what I need in a CRM. I get work done faster, sell faster, and make our customer experience amazing. I set up a customized self service portal and set particular concerns or questions to be sent to a specific person. This means that if for example a customer asks if a garmet can be altered, they're directed to our seamstress instead of directed to me and then transfered to our seamstress. Salesforce essentials records and tracks my calls and emails meaning I no longer have to. I have gained more information about leads, where they come from and why they choose us.

Cons:

Sometimes it can be hard to find the data I'm looking for. It's not easy to find or get invoices. Customer care wasn't very helpful although I did try to make contact during a very busy time of day. I was still disappointed.. This is the essentials version of Salesforce so obviously the features aren't as robust.

Clayton
Database Manager in US
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

Great product, hard to tailor to companies specifically due to the complex algorithms.

Comments: I have over 5 years of experience with Salesforce, we used it when I was a production designer for a print and graphics firm. We loved it, but yet we experienced some of these same hardships in this company I am with now, the transition and tailoring to what we do specifically is just not there. It is up to us as employees to make the software work the most productive for us, and that should not be expected from us when we have sales and other projects to handle ourselves.

Pros:

There are endless possibilities on what you can do, and what you can achieve with this product. The AI software is a great tool if you are able to use it.

Cons:

Too complex on tailoring the software, I feel like a simple request would take months to get accomplished. I noticed for someone with Salesforce experience myself, our transition from BNTouch to Salesforce was seamless, but many of my co-workers were left in the dark and felt like they had a lack of training provided from your team when we launched this new software.

Patrick
Financial Planner in US
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Salesforce as a Database

Comments: As it is a massive and comprehensive product, I don't need such an overwhelming software. Overall, it didn't meet my company's needs, but if a company has tech department, this could be a fantastic product.

Pros:

I like that the product has the ability to be completely customized to one's needs.

Cons:

As it can be an expensive and time consuming set-up, it was not necessary for me to have such a customizable software. There was very little customer service and it was overseas. It took too much of my time and the only way to get customer service is to hire a third party vendor to help with all aspects of the software.

Kenneth
Kenneth
Ops Manager in UK
Oil & Energy, 501-1,000 Employees

Using Salesforce is incredibly easy for my team

Comments: This was an awesome experience and an essential for an organization hoping to more readily attract and hold clients on the web

Pros:

I truly like how Salesforce is the most incredible in its industry and offers extraordinary CRM programming. It is ideally suited for connecting with potential clients in view of their past interest in the organization as well as what they would require to remain drawn in and retained. I love the manner in which you can modify it and it mechanizes each thing so extraordinary from messages to calls its incredible.

Cons:

When first starting to use Salesforce, it can seem overwhelming. The pages feel extremely crowded when you don't know where to look for something because there is an abundance of information. Salesforce becomes easier to use with more experience, yet for new clients there may be a learning curve.

Rex
Manager in US
Wholesale, 11-50 Employees

Works Great! Increases our Closing Percentage by 20%

Comments: So far its been very good. We also use other modules from Salesforce. After demoing about 4 packages, we went with Salesforce. Knowing that they are the primary leader in CRM, helped in that decision, as most of our other applications have APIs to intergrate with.

Pros:

The integration with all of our other systems and software.

Cons:

The setup is a little tricky when using other software with Salesforce. It really helps to have good support from any other vendors products you want to integrate with Salesforce. Examples being Quickbooks, ShipRush, Verizon Connect, etc. We have many departments and different software in each. So being sure you have API support is critical.

Naomi
Naomi
Owner in US
Retail, Self Employed

If you are seriously committed to growing your business AND have the funds, it’s great!

Comments: Extremely helpful and a semi-done for you type app! Baby start up companies I would probably steer them away, just so they don’t get overwhelmed in debt and finances immediately; they might have a better chance of reaching that ‘Fortune 500’ status if they so desire!

Pros:

It can do almost anything you need or want it to, very well at that. As many softwares, the restrictions on certain tools lessen with the more money spent.

Cons:

The prices are outrageous. As a small business owner; it is a horribly large pill to swallow to pay that steep of pricing- especially as you are beginning your journey of entrepreneurship! Is it worth it though? Yes.

Ernest
Owner in US

Ridiculously Expensive

Comments: I stopped using because I could never understand how to fully set up the system. Salesforce referred a 3rd party developer to set up system, they wanted $28,000 to set up system. Kinda shady.

Pros:

Nice interface, lots of features. I never understood the system enough to offer more Pros.

Cons:

Only for Mid-Large - Large Business. Salesforce is not for small business, because it is cost prohibitive. Salesforce nickel and dimes for everything, including an unethical override for their CPQ billing. I am stuck in a contract and still paying for Essentials. However, it was much more economical to use another CRM/Subscription Management System and pay Salesforce until my contact is over.

Sharilee
Director in US
Education Management, 2-10 Employees

Task List

Comments: We have enjoyed SalesForce for the task list. Everything else we are still working on being able to use.

Pros:

We mostly use it for the task list. We still have a LOT to figure out.

Cons:

Learning curve is wild. I also wish it would integrate with my business email instead of requiring a gmail account

Jean
Training specialist in Dominican Republic
Consumer Services, 501-1,000 Employees

Salesforce, a great CRM

Pros:

The amount of features and options to manage the queue and handle the support tickets

Cons:

It could be a bit more user friendly. Sometimes some features can be hidden within many layers of settings

JAMES
Sales Engineer in US
Chemicals, 11-50 Employees

Jim Salesforce Review

Comments: Good for what I need it for, entering new leads, tracking sales pipeline, looking back and forward on data.

Pros:

Using for 4+ years once info is in its pretty easy, there are very many options how to track setup, would be nice if there was a option for auto-setup for certain types of use/business types.

Cons:

Too many unused fields that muddy up the screen and info can get lost in all the blank fields.

Software Engineer in US
Internet, 51-200 Employees

Great for Support

Comments: I found this software very useful to our support team. It also integrated well with the regular Salesforce.

Pros:

We use desk.com for all support interactions. It was priceless for the support team to be able to route support requests to support members, and keep track of all interactions for each client to spot issues with our support team, or issues with the client being too much of a drain on our support resources. The statistics are neat too. We had some healthy competition with some of the support stats (how many emails, calls taken, etc.) Being able to see how many positive rated interactions was the ultimate statistic to have. Their API is essential to integrating notes and other issues into 3rd party solutions.

Cons:

This had a learning curve. They were also going through completely switching the UI at the time, so having a beta was nice, but some features were only available in the classic interface. The new one is much better and pleasing to the eyes.

Sheikh
Director in Bangladesh
Construction, 51-200 Employees

Truly Market Leading crm

Pros:

I have been using Salesforce for many years. I think the most amazing part of this tool is how customizable it Is as per clients needs. Moreover all these cusomized fields are available in reporting!

Cons:

User based security is not available in essential. I wish it was so that we could enroll more users.

Director of Product Management in US
Financial Services, 51-200 Employees

I use desk.com as the frontline customer service software to create and manage tickets.

Pros:

Desk is extremely customizable. We have a bunch of different inbound emails that automatically tag and assign tickets which saves us a lot of time. You can set up almost any combination of rules for inbound tickets to make sure your most important customers get prioritized and the right people get assigned to help. Desk also has an API that you can use to build a help center experience on top of their platform. We use it internally for bug reporting and feature requesting and our portal creates tickets right in desk.

Cons:

Desk isn't very user friendly. Once it's set up it's works really well but it takes a lot of time to learn all the nuances of the configuration. The analytics have issues. Some of the metrics like last log in will show that I last logged in a month ago when I've logged in every day and am in fact logged in at the time. We don't use the metrics but if your customer service department relies on them that could be problematic.

Experienced Solutions Architect, IT, Telecom Consultant and Project Manager in US
Telecommunications, 11-50 Employees

Great for simple helpdesk cases but not intended to be feature rich or robust.

Comments: It's allowed us to have a basic helpdesk tool that integrates with Salesforce.

Pros:

As a helpdesk case tool, it works. Great for simple troubleshooting and just general inquiry cases where by correspondences are kept to a minimum.

Cons:

Sold as having great integration with Salesforce, but the integration is extremely difficult to setup and not all fields are integrated. Everyone needs to have a Salesforce license to be able to use the desk tool properly and that gets very expensive. DO NOT try to use the tool as a task manger or PM supplement as it does not work well for these functions. There is also no place to store Client level notes in the tool itself so if someone was backing you up, there would be no place for them to reference client preferences or standard operating procedures for a specific client from Desk itself.

Education Account Manager in US
Consumer Electronics, 51-200 Employees

Salesforce IQ is a great add on to Salesforce

Pros:

Creating leads and contacts in Salesforce is a breeze with this tool. I love that I can instantly add a customer and log their email in Salesforce. I love the ability to add meeting invites or email templates to an email with a couple of clicks. Salesforce IQ has saved me hours of data entry into Salesforce. I don't know what I would do without this tool now that I have used it for close to two years.

Cons:

In the last few months something changed in the way that it pulls the data when you go to add a contact. The previous version use to pull all of the information automatically and now I have to manually add a lot of the information. It is still quicker than adding new contacts into Salesforce but it does require a few more steps. I also wish there was more insight into who opened an email or web link when you include multiple people on an email.

Kelly
Client Services Manager in Canada
Consumer Goods, 201-500 Employees

Best Database for Sales Funnel Management

Comments: We use Salesforce in order to keep track of all leads, opportunites, converted clients at all steps of the sales funnel and store all contact information. If you want to reconnect with a lead that dried up 6 months ago, you have all the information and can do that as well as see where things were last left off with them. It is the ultimate sales database.

Pros:

Salesforce is great for keeping track of leads, opportunities, tasks, contacts, and more. It is the best way to keep track of info, documents, phone calls, etc for these people/businesses at any stage of the sales funnel. Due to its detailed nature, it makes it easy to categorize these things and also create weekly reports for updates. I am looking forward to taking some of the free Salesforce courses just so I can take advantage of some of the functions that I still don't even know how to use for their full benefits.

Cons:

Salesforce can be overwhelming when first starting to use it. There is a lot of information everywhere and the pages feel very "busy" when you aren't sure where to find something. The more you use Salesforce, the easier this gets, but for new users there can be a learning period.

Samantha
RVT in US
Veterinary, 501-1,000 Employees

Salesforce

Comments: Our hospital is better able to communicate . We are able to provide better care for all of out patients because everyone has access to same data base . So if a volunteer noticed a patient sneezing the doctor can easily see that and be flagged to check on a patient. Before a volunteer may not be able to notify staff and go through correct channels. It could mean that nobody medical ever new that yeh patient sneezed because it was just too difficult to get information across, but now all volunteers know they can put a message in Salesforce and it will be taken care of.

Pros:

Salesforce allows my animals hospital to have better communication between staff and volunteers

Cons:

Search engine key words is not always able to direct to correct patient

Chief Executive Officer in US
Consumer Services, 2-10 Employees

Used to track employees, investors and potential investors

Comments: Fantastic but expensive.

Pros:

I loved the thoroughness of Salesforce. It's by far the best CRM tool I've used. Everything that I want to do on it, I can.

Cons:

It is EXPENSIVE! I love this software so much, but I had to cancel my subscription since it was too expensive for my budget.

Nomava
Freelancer in South Africa
Computer Software, Self Employed

Salesforce the game changer

Comments: Salesforce Essentials organizes my call list and my call rhythm. I can quickly search and find everything I need related to my contacts and easily link to other services I use.

Pros:

Salesforce is a remarkable tool program. It is extremely easy to use to give you the best results. Salesforce is a remarkable program because it is constantly changing and adapting to the times. It is extremely versatile as you can explain your file with ease. It is also an application that offers several of the best options, which is why I assume it is among the best programs. This program is fast and easy to use. Moreover, with this tool, I can complete all my tasks without any delay so that I am not disturbed while doing my work and my work is done quickly and smoothly. It increases the productivity of the employees and hence it is a tool that I would recommend. I suggest buying the application and start getting the results you want today.

Cons:

Pricing. Just too expensive for doing lots of API calls for refreshing databases moreover when users double (CSM, account managers, AEs). For a limited business, over there is too much to sort through for everything we need. It would be noteworthy to have a \' lite\' version or something where the interface was simplified.

Shannon
Customer service representative in US
Utilities, 501-1,000 Employees

A decent program

Pros:

The product is very easy to use. Very self explanatory. It will not allow you to do something your not suppose to do. Basically a guideline throughout the program

Cons:

There are some work arounds that should be updated by now. That makes for a longer process

Chance
Program Analyst in US
Financial Services, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Do Not Assume Anything

Comments: The best advice that I can give to a company considering purchasing Salesforce's Desk.com is to document every single expectation and need regarding a CRM tool. Do not assume any functionality exists, regardless of how simple and standard that functionality may seem. There are definitely features and functionalities that the average person might expect any modern system to offer which it does not. Examples:
List Views - Cannot sort by most fields, cannot add custom fields to list views, and cannot modify the number of records per page
Reporting - Cannot modify fields displayed in a report, cannot edit criteria for metrics, and cannot include custom fields in reports aside from picklists, and cannot export more than 2500 records at a time
Email - Does not include standard modern emailing functions such as underlining, highlighting, modifying font color, or pasting images/tables
Also, while some more complex workflows and automation can be built in Salesforce to update fields which are then passed back to Desk via Desk Connect (native sync between Desk and Salesforce), I strongly recommend against relying on Desk Connect for any business processes. Desk Connect can and has been turned off by Desk.com for all customers without first ensuring this is okay with the customer, interrupting daily business on a large scale. It is also extremely easy to break or surpass its capabilities of Desk Connect to the point that any modification, regardless of size, made to your Salesforce org must be communicated to Desk to ensure that Desk Connect will continue to function as expected. If you are a small-scale organization/team with very basic case tracking and reporting requirements capable, Desk may very well be the answer for you. But you still better be prepared with extensive documentation of all requirements and expectations for a tool like Desk, no matter how small or obvious they may be.

Pros:

Simple UI Simple workflow building and management

Cons:

Extremely limited in its capabilities Desk Support reps are not thorough when reading emails ETA's on fixes/patches pushed back for months

Tyler
Technical Account Manager in US
Computer Software, 5,001-10,000 Employees

Not always the easiest to use, but there's a reason why it's the leader

Comments: When supporting customers, Salesforce was essential to finding out about their account and how to best support them or escalating issues when necessary.

Pros:

If you can think of it, Salesforce probably has it. From keeping track of your customers, to integrations with other softwares, Salesforce has it all!

Cons:

There is definitely a big learning curve when it comes to using Salesforce. It's obviously a massive piece of software that can be used for a huge array of purposes, so knowing how to navigate and find what you're looking for isn't always the easiest.

HR Lead in Canada
Marketing & Advertising, 10,000+ Employees

Sales force is user friendly... Not super cute though !

Comments: Overall, its great ! I would be open to try other ticketing systems

Pros:

The employee facing is great - you wouldn't even know its SalesForce ! However, the adminitration view is old looking and not really cute. A part from that though, its a great ticketing system, i wouldn't say its the best (but i don't know that many more)

Cons:

Again, the beauty of the administrative site. I also think that the knowledge articles are very hard to work with and its not really clear when they're published or in draft.

Mayank
Assistant Manager - Digital Marketing in India
Real Estate, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Reduce your dependency on spreadsheets

Comments: We require a CRM solution to track our customer data and enable sales intelligence. This tool does that perfectly. Pipeline management is a key task in Real Estate and this tool helps to achieve that in a great way.

Pros:

Cons:

Role Hierarchy & Permission sets are difficult to understand and multiple roles assigning can be difficult.