Filter by:

• Overall

About CapLinked

CapLinked's enterprise VDR and Document Management solution provides the best way to securely share and track all of your information.

Learn more about CapLinked

Elmo L.
Elmo L.
Business Management Executive in South Africa
Management Consulting

Super easy to use

5 4 years ago

Pros:

The ease of use is the one of the reasons why we use CapLinked. We work with a lot of outside consultants and customers that need to access folder and files and not once did anyone struggled to access their data. We tested a few data rooms and CapLinked was by far the best value for money. We moved away from emailing any files, we just send the CapLinked link to the relevant person and our data is safe and secure.

Cons:

None for our application. One nice to have feature would be to have a more comprehensive version control than is currently available.

2 years ago

Hello Elmo, We are glad to hear you found our platform cost efficient and straightforward! We have since updated the ability to upload new versions of files. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Sandra M.
Partner in US
Investment Banking, 2-10 Employees

CapLinked - Pros and Cons

4 3 years ago

Pros:

Compared to similar options, CapLinked is a good value for the product - the pricing is good for what you get with CapLinked. Among the things I like about the software are the search feature, updates are emailed when files are added, it is easy to move folders and files, easy to change the order of folders. The product has a great feature that allows the Administrator to see the view that any User is seeing, which is helpful when Users call with questions.

Cons:

The product is not as intuitive as other secure data vault services I have used. It took me some time to understand that Users have to be part of a "Group." The other thing I don't like is that you have to contact customer support if you want to delete a "Workspace" from the system - Admins are not able to delete. I understand the concept, to avoid inadvertently deleting a workspace, but still prefer to have that ability as the Admin.

Alternatives Considered: ShareFile VDR and Firmex Virtual Data Room

Reasons for Switching to CapLinked: Generally it was about the value. As I said CapLinked is not as intuitive as some other products I have used, but the value we received for the price is very good.

2 years ago

Hello Sandra We are glad to hear you found our platform cost-efficient! Admins will soon have the ability to delete workspaces at their discretion. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Former Board Member in US
Capital Markets, 51-200 Employees

Didn't honor agreement; tried to increase fees more than 300%

3 3 years ago

Comments: Terrible. They gave our non-profit association members a good deal to get us onto their platform and entered into a long-term data room supply agreement; a couple years later, they wouldn't honor their agreement. Don't do business with this company.

Pros:

There are a lot of data room providers and Caplinked was getting off the ground and offered our not-for-profit regional association a long-term program to switch from our incumbent provider and join their platform for the same fees we were paying our incumbent provider. After a reasonable transition period, we adopted the program at Caplinked. We transferred a number of users and conveyed the dynamics of how our association interacts with our incumbent provider and were told there were no issues coming over. The association members used 50-75 data rooms at any given time.

Cons:

After using the platform for a few years, the company came back and claimed we were getting too good of a deal and they wouldn't honor it. We used the service consistent with how we outlined the service in our contract when we negotiated our agreement. They threatened to shut down the service to the members and then said to stay, we would need to pay fees that were more than 300% higher than our current rates. When you're in the middle of transactions, you don't want a data room supplier threatening to shut down your rooms or holding you hostage to higher fees than you bargained for. We contacted our previous data room vendor, V-Rooms and transitioned back to them for the same rates we had with Caplinked. Obviously, they weren't problematic and we got excellent support from V-rooms transitioning over. The tactics and interactions with Caplinked were terrible. They knew they had you over a barrel and it felt like our not for profit association and its members were being bullied or blackmailed. We will never do business with these guys, no matter what the capabilities of their rooms. We interacted with the Company CEO and VP Sales. We paid annually through September and expected a reasonable transition off their platform for existing rooms in service. They noted they applied our fees to their new proposed rates and we couldn't transition off in a reasonable time-frame.

2 years ago

Hello! Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Erik P.
Vice President - Investment Banking in Canada

Works well, could use more bells and whistles

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Reasonably quick to get up and running; reliable platform. I don't have much else to say, however the review software won't let me upload a short review so I've padded it out with this sentence.

Cons:

Could use more flexibility on use of graphics, custom reporting and dashboards, other customizations to custom brand (including workspace address). I don't have much else to say, however the review software won't let me upload a short review so I've padded it out with this sentence.

2 years ago

Hello Erik, We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. Custom branding is now available for teams and workspaces. The Activity Tracker provides detailed reports on the workspace level. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Arturo A.
senior analyst in Chile
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

Very easy to use, secure, functional and good service support

4 4 years ago

Comments: Very ease to use. Good support service, accesible form different types of devices (cellphone, pc, etc.). It a a tool that makes the passing of information very efficiently.

Pros:

The ease of use is amazing. In 30 minutes you can get used managing all the virtual data room functions, permissions, etc. Additionaly the capacity to give different type of permisssions (can read, download, print, etc.) to different individuals or group of individuals is quiet good and again easy tu use.

Cons:

If uploading information, or creating a new folder you make a mistake in writing the name of folder, you have to delete the complete folder and create a new one with the name corrected. You should be able to edit a simple thing as folders name, instead of waisting time if you discover a typo after you have uploaded tons of data (that you will have to upload again).

2 years ago

Hello Arturo, We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We are constantly improving our features for the ease of users. You now have the ability to rename folders without having to delete anything. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Ashok R.
Executive Director in Malaysia

I am a first time user and my first experience has been good. It is a great product

4 4 years ago

Pros:

the ease of use is what stands out. It was easy to onboard other users as well quickly. The user interface is intuitive and the software is stable. I was able to do the initial configuration within 15 minutes. I have used customer support extensively. They have been very patient and helpful. they seem committed to resolving the customer's issue. Suggestions to improve the product were taken in the right spirit. I do hope some of the suggested features find place in subsequent releases.

Cons:

The software has certain issues handling PDF documents created by scanning physical documents. There is no feature to view permissions for a folder directly. The Search functionality is very basic and there is ample scope for improvement.

2 years ago

Hello Ashok, Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features, including folder level permissions, for the ease of users. You are now able to view the Permissions of a group based on the folder. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Jeff S.
Principal Broker in US
Management Consulting, 11-50 Employees

Solid platform with ever evolving features.

5 5 years ago

Comments: After using Formstack for many years we needed a more powerful solution. I reviewed approximately 8 different products and judging on features and value CapLinked was the clear winner.

Pros:

Watermarking, white labeling, ability to send feature ideas/requests to customer service that actually get reviewed and implemented.

Cons:

Areas that are under development to be improved have to do with navigation, reporting and general user experience. There are no serious flaws.

5 years ago

Hi Jeff, thank you for choosing CapLinked! Glad to hear you had a positive experience with us.

Chuck S.
CTO in US

4 4 years ago

Pros:

CapLinked is the only modern platform with full API support for integrating it with our applications. No other product comes close to providing the same level of support.

Cons:

We need better tools for importing and exporting data. There is no easy way to archive old deal rooms.

2 years ago

Hello Chuck, We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked and your API integration went well! We truly appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Penny P.
Penny P.
Systems & Operations Manager in US
Banking, 11-50 Employees

Best Virtual Data Room

5 3 years ago

Comments: This is a great VDR and is reasonably priced, unlike its competitors. I would highly recommend this for secure document sharing.

Pros:

The CapLinked platform is super easy to navigate and share and lets you keep confidential documents secure at all times. It allows different levels of control for each group which saves a lot of time.

Cons:

I would like to be able to add individuals without having to make them part of a group.

2 years ago

Hello Penny, We are glad to hear you experienced ease in using Caplinked security features! We will soon hav single file sharing capabilities for admin, therefore not having to add an individual to a group to share a file. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Matt L.
Network Manager in US
Legal Services, 51-200 Employees

CapLinked is easy to use and very reliable. Our users have had no complaints.

5 4 years ago

Comments: This allows our attorneys and paralegals an easy way to host client information in scenarios with multiple people, whether when working on a case or just supporting their clients needs. It takes almost no time to get new workspaces going, so it is efficient and reliable.

Pros:

I find it easy to use and configure. I setup all the workspaces for people in my firm and assist with any help they may need. My experience is that once people use it, they want to continue using it for the reliability and ease of use.

Cons:

The only negative that I've come across is sometimes the invitations to a workspace can get stuck in a third-party spam filter, otherwise I really have no complaints.

2 years ago

Hello Matt, We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Edgar M.
Engineer in Portugal

Very good plataform!

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Easy to use and manage. Clean interface make it very legible. Watermarks are a must! Lots of logs to keep an eye on the evolution.

Cons:

Its a little pricey and offers extras a little expensive. Changing the folders permissions, when you have several groups and folders could be improved, to avoid extra clicks.

2 years ago

Hello Edgar, Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features, including folder and file permissions, for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

President in US
Financial Services, 2-10 Employees

Gets the job done

4 3 years ago

Comments: Works well for our needs as a secure data room for our private equity firm. Value is good for the money.

Pros:

Fairly easy to use, file hierarchy structure is straightforward.

Cons:

Setting file permissions is a bit clunky, as is assigning user permissions and inviting users.

2 years ago

Hello! We are glad to hear you found our platform cost-efficient and straightforward! We are constantly improving our features, including folder and file permissions, for the ease of users. We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

HR Manager in US
Venture Capital & Private Equity, 11-50 Employees

Easy to use

5 3 years ago

Pros:

Easy to navigate and the interface is very user friendly

Cons:

process of adding people to different groups could of been a bit easier

2 years ago

Hello! We are glad to hear you found our platform user-friendly and straightforward! We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Cody S.
Project Manager in US
Construction, 51-200 Employees

CapLinked has provided me a VDR platform to help personal document control of RFPs and invoices.

5 4 years ago

Comments: Easy to access and use, as well as quick and efficient submission. Upfront training had a learning curve but this really wasn't a con with the online support service.

Pros:

As of now, I use it personally for organization and submissions, but hope to expand this product to me team. Our experience so far has been outstanding. I believe this is the most modern VDR provider on the market with a new age interface. As we have begun using this product the customer service has been responsive and very helpful. Finally, the pricing was fair and transparent, it has been a painless process.

2 years ago

Hello Cody, We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Matt J.
Vice President in US
Investment Management, 2-10 Employees

Review

4 5 months ago

Pros:

The product is easy to use and easy to initially set up.

Cons:

The user interface does not look as nice as other data room providers I have used in the past.

5 months ago

Hi Matt, Thank you for your feedback! We appreciate your input and are always working to improve our clients' experience. Thank you for being a CapLinked client. CapLinked

Head of Operations & Finance in Singapore

Fits what our business needs, and is easy to use.

4 4 years ago

Pros:

Caplinked provides the flexibility of different access levels to different users and tracks each user's activity thus giving us insights to the usage.

Cons:

The onboarding of users and invitation process can be improved. It is not as smooth currently as the link expires quickly and invites have to be sent out repeatedly.

2 years ago

Hello! We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We have since updated our invitation process and the expiration deadline can be selected by the administrator. We hope to work with you again in the future. Caplinked

Mike C.
Analyst in US
Used the Software for: Not provided

Great service, highly function GUI and very user friendly for clients

4 6 years ago

Comments: All data room services seem to be fairly close in comparison. CapLinked sets itself apart by having the best overall combination of the features, customer service, and pricing that what we have looked for in all other data rooms.

2 years ago

Hello Mike, We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked went well! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Ed P.
Investment Analyst in Australia
Banking, 201-500 Employees

Data Room for our Debt Issurance

4 4 months ago

Pros:

Simple interface. Intuitive functionality for the most part.

Cons:

Outdated UX vs competitors. Needs a visual refresh

3 months ago

Hello Ed, Thank you for your review! We truly appreciate your feedback and will review your considerations in future updates. Thank you, CapLinked

Mark P.
CEO in US

I've had a hard time seeing why I would pay the price for a future diligence round

3 4 years ago

Pros:

It was bare bones simple, the login was ease and the ease made it look very secure. Aside from that I don't have other contributions.

Cons:

Not the most intuitive user interface, and the software was pretty expensive for a "drive" for data access and sharing. Frankly I don't see why I wouldn't use Drive, Dropbox, etc. next time around

2 years ago

Hello Mark, Thank you for your feedback! We are constantly improving our features, including the UI, for the ease of users. We appreciate input from the user perspective. We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked

Jasper Y.
Analyst in US
Banking, 201-500 Employees

CapLinked Review

4 8 months ago

Pros:

Product was intuitive and was easy to pick up on.

Cons:

Some of the bulk uploading features could be streamlined.

8 months ago

Hi Jasper, Thank you for your review! We appreciate your feedback regarding the bulk uploader, as we are always for ways to improve CapLinked for ease of our users.

Michael M.
Vice President in US
Investment Management, 2-10 Employees

Independent PE Sponsor

5 4 months ago

Comments: After caplinked expanded the group limit threshold for me, I can now create a "group" for each of our investors. That allows me to create folders that are only accessible to that individual investor via the investor's unique "group", or create folders broadly available to a subset of investors. We were squeezed into a lower tier product as they recreated their pricing structure (we've been with caplinked since roughly 2016), but it still works for what we need it for at a pricepoint that makes sense.

Pros:

Easy to use user interface. Great customer service - quick to respond and understands how to solve problems. Fair price point.

Cons:

Cannot print directly from the site. It requires the user to download the document before printing. Inability to add a folder that does not automatically adopt the rights of the parent folder. I often want sub folders to have unique access rights, and it's a pain to go back into permissions to toggle it each time.

3 months ago

Hello Michael, We are glad to hear your experience with CapLinked has been overall positive! We truly appreciate your feedback. Thank you, CapLinked

Benefits/HR Administrator in US
Food & Beverages, 1,001-5,000 Employees

Caplinked First Time User

4 3 years ago

Pros:

I like the ability to customize the platform and it is cost effective for our company.

Cons:

It can't do all that the sales team swore that it could.

Alternatives Considered: Content Central, ADP TotalSource and eFileCabinet

Reasons for Switching to CapLinked: We chose CapLinked based on its ability to control permissions as well as third party users. The cost to store data and use it the way we needed was a huge deciding factor.

2 years ago

Hello! We are glad to hear you found our platform customizable and cost-efficient! We hope to work with you for future projects. Thank you, Caplinked

Nalan K.
Legal Operations Specialist in Germany
Internet, 51-200 Employees

CapLinked Review

5 last year

Comments: Overall experience was positive. Pros:
1. Incorporated tutorial videos for each section
2. Fancy look, video can be uploaded on the welcome page
3. Q&A section: reply from admin user can be send directly to requester which will then only be visible for these 2 individuals or admin user can reply posting this to the Q&A section where the requester will stay anonymous but all users in the work space would be able to see the question and answer.
Cons:
1. Although the platform has some really great features, it is in some places somewhat cumbersome to handle.
2. Permissions are on the folder level and not on a the file level. File would have to be uploaded into an individual folder to restrict access
3. No restricted view access for single users within a group available. Permissions are on the non-admin group level. The individual would need to be in his or her own non-admin group to receive different permissions
4. No notification will be send out if a file or folder is deleted

Pros:

- Personalising the data room with company logo and also being able to upload videos. - Folders and sub-folders can be restricted to view only or download and upload as well. However, permissions can only be restricted on group level not on individual level. Solution to create team group for individual to restrict view access for different folders / sub-folders. No option to restrict view / download permission on individual files. - E-mails via the workspace can be send to members of the same workspace to ask questions or for collaboration.

Cons:

Although Q&A availability is great, unfortunately the usability is not very user-friendly, especially when trying to find the already answered questions. It would be good if the Q&A section would have a better order so one can see where the answers and questions relate to similar to a table of contents i.e. pointing to the folder if one would like to review all related questions to a specific topic in a folder or sub-folder.

last year

Hello! We are glad to hear your experience with Caplinked overall positive! We are currently working on a new version of our Q&A feature that will provide many new updates for advanced usability. Thank you for your feedback! Thank you, Caplinked

Serena P.
Associate in US
Financial Services, 11-50 Employees

My Review

4 2 years ago

Pros:

When creating a new group, I enjoy that I can select permissions settings from an existing group, which helps creating a new group quicker. (Disclaimer: this is soley only my own personal opinion from my experiences with CapLinked).

Cons:

More branding options for our company to use and display on the data room could be improved. Also, the activity tracker could use more improvement by including how long a user viewed a specific document. Lastly, the best improvement that could be made is to easily search and locate which user is in which group(s). Lastly, it was very upsetting when the data room was closed after we paid for our subscription renewal. (Disclaimer: this is solely only my own personal opinion from my experiences with CapLinked).

last year

Hello Serena, We are glad to hear you found our Permissions module features user-friendly and helpful! We are constantly working to improve our features, such as the Activity Tracker. You can search a user's email address from the Permissions page search bar, check the box next to their name and the groups they belong to appear on the right sidebar. We appreciate your feedback and hope to work with you on future projects. Thank you, CapLinked

Co-Founder and Partner in US

Caplinked is powerful and easy to use

5 4 years ago

Pros:

We chose Caplinked for it's easy to use/ fast modern interface, great customer support, powerful features and transparent pricing. They have a lot of features that you won't find in other VDR's (I've tried 3 different competitors). Their customer support really stood out to me as they've been very responsive and personable throughout our entire experience; from on-boarding to day-to-day use. Every member of our team was able to quickly learn the software. I feel very comfortable sharing sensitive and confidential documents through Caplinked.

2 years ago

Hello! We are glad to hear you found our platform user friendly and straightforward! We hope to work with you again for future projects. Caplinked