• Overall
    4.2 /5
    3.9 /5
    4.1 /5

About CMiC

CMiC offers a unified, purpose-built ERP & Field management software platform for companies that serve the construction industry.

Learn more about CMiC

Kristi T.
Contracts Administrator

"Contracts Administrator Review"

Comments: Explore as much as you can, there are so many things that this software is capable of to make your job easier!

Pros: I am the Contracts Administrator for Gramoll Construction Company. I use this software for many different purposes and once I have gotten the hang of some of the uses I have come to rely quite heavily on this program (when it is down I panic)!! When I have issues I have been very pleased with the support available (the most common asked questions usually will fix my problem) the customer service goes above and beyond expectations (always very friendly and helpful)! Overall I am very pleased with this software and the updates are wonderful!

Cons: I wish there was training more readily available...there are so many functions that I am sure that I am not utilizing but I find myself fumbling through trying to figure what they do and why.

Grace D.
Payroll manager
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees

"Payroll Manager"

Pros: General payroll needs met by software. Would like to see more standard payroll reports. For data I can't get from a report, I have to download data from view screens, and create excel reports on my own. Would also like to see historical pay, hire/term/rehire data in a sub screen within the Employee Profile Maintenance screens, instead of having to go to Employee History Adjustment screen in Utilities. Three things I really like about CMiC:
1) Ability to download data to excel.
2) The system is able to recognize state reciprocity/non-reciprocity and withholding tax accordingly
3) Ability to find specific data using query operators/functions

Cons: User should have proficient excel knowledge to get desired data from system.

Rachel B.
Business Intelligence Analyst
Construction, 201-500 Employees
  • Reviewed on 21/11/2017

"CMiC - A Valuable Tool for Collaborating and Reporting"

Comments: Taking the time to thoroughly review and understand the settings for each module will greatly improve your organization's experience with CMiC. Don't guess at what the settings do. Try recording the training sessions with your CMiC implementation team, so that you can review it later. And ask questions freely.

Pros: CMiC is great at getting our company to collaborate and share data. Setting up CMiC was a lengthy process for us, but with CMiC's help, we were able to get to fit our needs. The most important aspect of the software for us is the reporting capabilities. We are able to access our data and provide great real-time reports and analysis. CMiC's greatest contributions to our organization are that it provides a powerful and scalable infrastructure that allows everyone to collaborate, stores all our organization's data in a central location, and has excellent reporting capabilities to analyze our data.

Cons: The distribution and segregation of the software settings to multiple locations makes it difficult to manage the system and troubleshoot issues. One central control panel would make it much more user friendly.

Jeff S.
Construction, 201-500 Employees

"CMiC Review"

Comments: Just use it. It makes your job easier.

Pros: Three things i like about CMiC:
1) That is a universal solution, meaning it handles accounting, field operations, safety, document control, all in one place. (i'm hoping that mobile increases this functionality)
2) That is geared toward the basic functions of a general contractor (workflow is good)
3) That it appears like continual improvement of the software is a focus (technological advancement is never ending)

Cons: The rigidity and limited nature of the reporting. (I'm working on MIP and hopefully will soon have access to oracle or jasper reporting tools to customize reports) The 'Captive data' aspect of the JSP data entry. (How you must hit "edit", then modify/enter data, then hit 'save")

Vanessa J.
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"CMiC - Finally we’re Mobile"

Comments: It’s been a learning curve, but I think overall, we’re happy.

Pros: I love the Mobile Field app for our in-field users, it’s clean and simple and still improving.
The drawings management module is great, better than anything we’ve had in the past especially for tracking versions of drawings.

Cons: Honestly some of the things I came to User Conference wanting to “complain” about this year, they’re already on top of improving. I still think where some things are located don’t rally make sense, but they’re getting there.
I also wish I had more control over how reports look or generate.

Henry C.
Senior Database Developer
Construction, 501-1,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 17/02/2017

"Beck CMiC Support Review"

Comments: Beck is a long time user of CMIC, and we rely on the Job Costing and Job Billing modules to bill our customers. Beck uses almost all of the CMIC modules and we most recently added the 3rd Party Payment feature to our ACH and check printing procedures. We utilize the forms, JSP and ADF screens, and Beck has a large number of custom forms, JSP queries and reports. We utilize over 100 user extension forms. As a database developer, I am impressed with the open architecture of the CMIC system. We are able to do many enhancements (or implement restrictions) that might be impossible in a closed system. The CMIC system is easy to manage, and there are a large community of users and 3rd party support partners. I really get a lot of information from the annual Connect conference

Pros: open architecture billing options ease of management and support

Bhavin P.

"Bhavin's Review"

Comments: Go through the tutorials and play around with it. It takes some time to get used to, and I can understand the frustration when something doesn't work the way you want it to.

Pros: CMiC's software is very user-friendly, and navigating through the software becomes easier the more you go through it. There are some redundant components with regards to submittal logs, but the tutorials CMiC offers help ease the difficult portions of the software. I like how user-friendly it is, especially for beginners that have never used the software before. It is also very adaptable and the organization throughout the software makes it easy to navigate through the different sections.

Cons: There is some redundancy throughout the different sections. The amount of information within each section can be a little overwhelming. Saving after each step can be a little irritating.

Beth W.
Regional Cost Manager
Construction, 1,001-5,000 Employees
  • Reviewed on 08/12/2016

"Forecasting with CMiC"

Comments: This package is the "Full Monte" for medium to large general construction and subcontracting companies. My only concern is the forecasting tool which is combined with the budget is somewhat difficult to learn. Several of my finance colleagues that were super users in other products had a difficult time learning this product. I used this package with another national contractor in earlier versions and was very pleased with the ease of navigating the menus and it was easy to use once learned. This package is not as intuitive as some other packages, but the features far outweigh the time taken for instruction. Support was very good with this software.

Pros: I loved the reconciliation feature. It allows the user to tie the budgets to invoices that are not produced by the system, such as AIA and owner forms. I liked the report formats.

Cons: Again, I found forecasting reports in recent versions depend on the user's ability to learn, a major factor in spotting problems within the reporting budget status and revenue.

• Reviewed on 08/12/2016
Rashid K.
Sr. Project Engineer
  • Reviewed on 19/01/2018

"CMiC has it's perks"

Pros: Everything is cloud based. You can access you files/projects from anywhere. This allows work to be done at any time with no restrictions.

Cons: Can be slow at times due to the internet (not necessarily ours). The system still has bugs they're working out.

• Reviewed on 19/01/2018
Mark C.
Design, 51-200 Employees

"CMiC Review"

Comments: I am using CMiC in a construction project manager role. I like that the system stacks submittals and RFIs and is easy to enter this information and track the status. I am also using CMiC to track PCIs and write change orders. I like that the costs can be entered as received from subcontractors, and the subcontractor costs as well as the owner costs can both be tracked within a single process. I don't need to track subcontractor changes separate from owner changes anymore.

Pros: Project data can be stored within a single system instead of using multiple systems.

David B.
Sr. Superintendent

"Field operations"

Pros: I am a Field Superintendent. Basic daily reports are easy to do and a great resource to go back to for history We also use CMiC submittal logs, very easy to use. Three things I like about the software:
- History of events
- Daily log is easy to use
- I know how many men there where on the Job for each trade on any given day

Cons: No complaints

Samuel H.
service coordinator
  • Reviewed on 07/05/2020

"CMiC - new user review"

Comments: Sop far there have been some growing pains with CMiC. The customer support is generally very good, but we have run into one of the training people who was very difficult to work with and we spent a lot of time and learned very little from him.

Pros: I like what the results can be once all the data is entered. We have only been using this software for 6 months or so and the data entry on the front end is a lot. We have gotten some good data so far, but it has been very time consuming.

Cons: We started using CmiC to take the place of Quick Books in our department. There are certain things we have had to ask CMiC to customize for us, like making estimates. I don't feel like this is a great replacement for things like estimates but we are making it work. There is talk of us bringing back QB for certain things.

• Reviewed on 07/05/2020
Craig J.
Design, 51-200 Employees
  • Reviewed on 12/05/2017

"Definitely see the potential in this product"

Comments: Good job CMiC

Pros: I like the idea of the product and where it's going. When it links seamlessly, I believe this will be one of the best products out there. The ease of use is there.

Cons: It gets buggy at times and simple things that should work don't. I'm sure their tech. support team is swamped due to this, but this affect how I use the product now.

• Reviewed on 12/05/2017
Kristine S.
  • Reviewed on 18/05/2017

"Highly Recommended"

Pros: I love this software. Everything is super organized and the files are very easy to find. I like the layout and you can do with it.

Cons: The software can be overwhelming if you don't know what the purpose is. If you plan on using this software just make sure you get a rundown on how the functions work.

• Reviewed on 18/05/2017
Kimberly P.
Executive Assistant, AR & Technology Coordinator

"PBI - Kimberly"

Comments: The AR portion is much easier to use than our previous software. I really like the reports that can be generated once CMIC was able to customize them for PBI.

Pros: It's user friendly once I got used to it.

Justin W.
Controller

"Satisfied with CMiC"

Comments: Budget 8-12 months for implementation and training

Pros: We are still finishing implementation of the software, but we are satisfied with it so far. We are using it at a basic level and will continue to grow into more advanced features as we progress with it.

Cons: Viewing pictures from daily diaries is very cumbersome; there should be a native picture viewer and thumbnails to make the pictures sortable and easily viewable.

Claudia S.
Contract Administrator

"Compliance Review"

Comments: Be patient

Pros: I mainly use CMiC for compliance. I appreciate the feature which allows me to import documents to save within the subcontractor file.

Cons: Navigation can be difficult at times, too many steps to complete the same task.

Rosilo C.
Superintendent

"Exceeds needs"

Pros: It has been very convenient and easy to use. Easy to use & Great service made this an easy choice to go with CMiC

Cons: Sometimes it hides the selection of trades. I would recommend you take the time to really learn the system before jumping in.

Kim P.
Administrative Assistant
  • Reviewed on 14/02/2017

"Review"

Comments: Our company has been using this software for over a year and it meets our needs.

Pros: Great reporting features.

• Reviewed on 14/02/2017
Alexis B.
  • Reviewed on 28/10/2019

"The Android of Software"

Comments: I wish there was a CMiC template to then customize from and allow simplified user interfacing.

Pros: Highly customizable interface to meet your needs.

Cons: Difficult to navigate. The customization of the software takes up majority of your time, rather than utilizing the software to produce results.

Will K.
Project Controls Manager

"2015 Cloud User Review"

Comments: We’ve been using this for 4 yrs. Our users are now satisfied and used to the software, but I’m still not satisfied that the setup is complete. The BI Dashboards are however allowing us to see results of data entry.

Pros: The customization ability, it’s an all in 1 program.

Cons: The double entry requirements, difficulty setting up users, complicated to setup jobs.

Douglas K.
Cost Manager
  • Reviewed on 05/12/2018

"Outdated interface"

Comments: It got the job done, but navigating through the system and printing reports felt very inefficient. I would dread the days I needed to print and provide my weekly reports because of how many man hours it would take to get all the necessary information sorted and produced for our update meetings.

Pros: CMiC is definitely capable of being your one stop shop for your construction management needs. It can link all aspects of a project into a single program which is convenient and the various reports can be set up to talk to each other and share input and information

Cons: Like most mass data collection and sorting software, the user interface could use some work. Searching for things and printing reports was often cumbersome and sometimes not very intuitive. One issue is the lack of customization for reports. I found it easier to export the raw data into excel and create my own report and sort functions to provide the type of analysis my managers were looking for.

• Reviewed on 05/12/2018
Sean S.
Construction, 2-10 Employees

"Great Product"

Comments: My experience thus far has been great, the software is user friendly and works well.

Pros: The project management software and the way it interacts with email.

May S.
Admin

"Subcontract Tracking"

Comments: We use CMIC for subcontract/vendor tracking on multiple levels, the more we use it the more we learn of additional information that can be input and tracked.

Pros: Information access

Jonathan P.
Procurement Manager
  • Reviewed on 16/02/2018

"overkill for a sub contractor"

Comments: Understood where our company sits with needs of software.

Pros: If you want one software for everything, this is a great tool for your business. It has every department covered.

Cons: It's too much for a sub contractor. Price, features, everything is just not designed for a small to medium business. This is for the big boys.

• Reviewed on 16/02/2018